• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Grand Expedition ~ An ATTACK ON TITAN Roleplay

AiDEE-c0

evil flower blossoming cutely
Roleplay Availability
My Interest Check
6283003.jpg

The Grand Expedition
A Story of Those Who Flew Out the Cage.
d6mq0v4-be5ffe1e-a569-45b3-b3b9-fe9deda15f73.png

"There was a time when we had families behind those Walls.
Now, our only companions are the worms hugging our bones.
With this defeat... Humanity was lost."

In the year 825, a sudden wave of nationalistic fervor led to something unprecedented. The Survey Corps—the vanguard of Humanity usually constrained to a maximum of three-hundred members—exploded in popularity to a staggering five-hundred. The 10th Commander of the Scouts didn't hesitate. Emboldened by the surge of new recruits, he petitioned the royal government to allow for a large-scale operation beyond the Walls. His goal was the establishment of a permanent military outpost deep in Titan territory; setting the foundation for a reinforced line which could expand Humanity's territory by thousands of square miles. For the first time in history, Man would take back from the Titans. Those were our intentions, at least.

Instead, things went about as well as you'd expect. Setting out from Shiganshina, the 'Grand Expedition' rattled the land with its hundreds of horses and tonnes of drawn cargo. Harassed by Titans whichever way it went, it pushed on in spite of initial losses; the spark still present in everyone's eyes. Rather than the hooves of our mounts, the thing carrying us forward at the time was pure determination. That changed when it appeared. It was an Abnormal unlike any other, an agile and slippery monster which jumped between the cliffsides of a rain-coated valley. Taking us completely by surprise, it first butchered dozens of rookies and then the seniors who came to protect them. Only a hundred survived.

Of course, that wasn't our last encounter. That same evening, it ambushed us at night when we were sure that we'd be safe. By accident or design, it separated us from our horses and reduced our number further to a measly five dozens. With no options left, the rest of us retreated into a nearby forest. There we hid out for a few days, before returning to our former camp. Salvaging all we could find, the Commander then decided the best course of action was to hole ourselves up in the forest and hope that help comes, surviving off the land in the meanwhile. Thus, this forest will surely become our grave.

Hey there! Welcome to the Grand Expedition interest check. As you may have already guessed, this roleplay takes place in the universe of Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin, though due to its nature it shouldn't contain any major lore spoilers. Still, a brief understanding of the setting is required for participation.

Taking place in the aforementioned year 825 (20 years before the beginning of the series), the story will follow a group of several fresh recruits as they face the cruelty of the Titans. Stranded in a vast forest far from the safety of the Walls, they must first survive and then reclaim their right to live. With only seven horses to share between the fifty remaining expedition members, their only hope of returning home is a daring trek on foot and ODM gear, establishing temporary bases along the way. Will they be able to undertake this journey, or will they give up and let themselves be swallowed by the Titans? That is up to you to decide.

For this roleplay, I am looking for a fairly large group of anywhere up to 12 concurrent players. For this reason, player characters will most likely end up split into separate squads. Said characters will have known each other for a while by this point, so pre-existing bonds between them are encouraged to be discussed before the official start.
As the GM, I will not only provide a world reactive to the actions of the players, but also a colourful cast of fellow NPC Scouts. That being said, character death is an unavoidable danger that lurks behind every bad decision.
There will not be a dedicated GMPC (Game-Master Player Character) character.

By signing up for this roleplay, you agree that I may briefly control and permanently kill off your character in case of;
+ Prolonged period of unexplained inactivity
+ Official withdrawal from the roleplay
+ Withdrawal from the roleplay resulting from inappropriate behavior
+ Any reason resulting in permanent inability to further participate in the roleplay
The minimal posting requirement is roughly once per week with no defined length expectations. The reason for the rule above is simply continuity; a roleplay which cannot move forward when faced with the loss of a player is doomed from the beginning. Additional requirements for joining are simple; a good understanding of the english language, a genuine interest in the world of Attack on Titan and our setup, and the time and motivation needed to eventually bring this story to a satisfactory end. To make sure that you've read this far, I'll also require you to state your favourite AoT character with your expression of interest. Thank you very much!

Something optimal but not strictly required will also be participation in a group Discord. This shall be made if sufficient interest is shown. Thank you for reading this far and I hope to see you in the Scouts! If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask them below. But before you ask this, the technology level of our Survey Corps will be identical to that of the Survey Corps at the beginning of the series.

Interested! Fav. Character: Mikasa (I know, I'm basic)

i just finished rereading the manga and i'm craving more AOT stuff. consider me interested!
(jean is my favorite because he looks good in a hat)

Heyyyyy I am really interested in joining!
My favorite character is Reiner... Uhm my reason? He's hot😭? I also just love his character.

Interested! Favorite character is probably…..Reiner! He definitely reminds me of myself!

em_beasty em_beasty capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS GrayLion256 GrayLion256 AI10100 AI10100 R U S T R U S T

OOC and Character Threads have been made! Feel free to check them out here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back