The Goldenview Alliance

Earl William Regan

A hundred voices could be heard singing merrily outside the walls of Goldenview. If one listened closely, they would find that they were singing a rather vulgar song that would fluster anyone that held any high standard of virtue and grace. The men singing this song were not visible as of yet, but they were fast approaching the city. One wouldn't know if they were up to trouble and what to expect from this motley crew. All you could do for now was listen to their song...

Lia, who went unnoticed by most at the moment, piped up when she poked this new lady. "Hey! You have white hair white like me! That's- Scan him?" She was confused, what the hell did that mean? Lia suspected it had something to do with the alarms, and the fact he had snuck I to the city, and not the fact this lady was a demon. But, she was getting a slightly off feeling about her. No matter though, she got a slightly different feeling from everyone. But Lia, being a little more curious what this scanning was, pushed her a little between this new lady and the kight she followed to the barracks, "Yeah, what's going on?" Leaning  over a little, giving anyone behind her a nice veiw of her ass, unintentionally of course, but it happened. 

@Jefferson

@sprouhtt

@Safety Hammer

Aegon Calderan

Aegon had barely noticed the alarms when the woman came up beside him.

"oh...Uh...Hi." he started but was cut off by several men who quickly entered the room a General behind them. On thier necks they wore stones that glowed a faint crimson, as they entered the room they held the stones up to people but the glow faded. They began circling the room scanning each person.

But the general simply stood at the door. He didn't move even slightly just let his hands dangle to the side, four swords on his back, Helmeted head pointing strait at Aegon.

"Scan the Boy." he demanded calmly as one of the guards approached him.

Liam instinctively went for his dagger at the large influx guards that surrounded the knight, but decided against it. The ranger did not like this. It had sketchy written alllll over it. 

"Sorry if I'm intruding, but what exactly are you 'scanning' this guy for? Cuz if this is is gonna end in someone frisking me, I'm gonna lose my shit."

Earl William Regan

At the end of the horizon, a couple of hundred armed men were seen walking towards the city gate. They had an assortment of weapons, armor, and uniforms. Most of them had spears and simple leather clothing for swords and metal armor were as expensive as hell. Not everyone could live the glamorous life. Those with a high social status or with a great amount of wealth could afford such equipment. Only the lucky few knights and sergeants who commanded these men had those.

Accompanying them were four wagons that had two horses pulling it along. It was covered with a big blanket to conceal its contents, and it would remain a mystery to everyone until someone took a peek inside it. It might have had some weapons in it, or perhaps some commodities from the market, or it could have some food and drink. Whatever was in there, it was unlikely someone could get to see it for there were several men guarding the wagons. These men were particularly vigilant, for they were observant of their surroundings and they seemed to eye any bystanders who passed them by with great suspicion.

Almost all of the men were walking on foot, with the exception of the nobleman, Earl William Regan and his servant, Mason. There were mounted knights that had their own personal horses as well, but half the knights were as poor as hell and they had to resort to walking instead. At one time or another, the men walking would eye the men riding on horses and they would grow jealous of their good fortune. It was natural to envy a man who was blessed with such convenience.

As they approached the city gates, they noticed a long line of people that blocked their entry. This was the time Earl William and his servant, Mason, decided to discuss this event in earnest.

"My lord, it seems we have to wait for a while." Said Mason, the faithful servant. He was an old man that was happy with the way things were going and saw no need to change anything. This passive desire is common among people of that age, for they do not have the necessary energy to perform physically demanding tasks.

William on the other hand, was of the younger, more aggressive sort of man. He carried a storm of emotions within his soul and he was not about to let anything get in his way. And so he shouted at the top of his voice, "Mason, we are not going to allow a band of peasants to disrupt our mission!"

"But sire-" Mason attempted to interject but he was cut off when William waved his hand to show that he wasn't interested.

He quickly turned to his men and raised his sword, seemingly stabbing the sky with it, "All right, boys, you bored? I got a little game I want to play. I mean, there's no harm in pushing others into the dirt as long as it's for fun, right? Let's enter into a shoving match with this rabble. Men, I order you to push the crowd aside."

Is he serious? Corporal Robin thought it was absolutely insane, but hey you can't go against orders. Maybe he could try minimizing the damage. It was the best he could do for now.

Goddamn it, William. They're just refugees. First Sergeant Akachi wouldn't budge, and he stood there in defiance of William's orders. But he could see several of his men move to shove the peasants to the ground.

Well, I could use the exercise. Sergeant Bob then barked orders to his men to join him in the pushing match with the peasants.

We could not see what the other members of the army were up to. Some were disobeying orders and simply watching on. Others were eager to follow William. And so began their attempt to push thousands of peasants aside to reach the city gates.

Aegon Calderan, General Rook, And Sir Balmond Calderan

Aegon stood still as they scanned him, he too wondered what this was all about but he couldn't come up with anything.

fortunatly the General spoke up. "The alarms have went off because demonic energy and magic was detected within the city, I selected you for screening because you look just like a boy I trained 20 years ago, but I happen to know that he is dead." the gemstone the guard held to him didn't glow when the man held it out to his but as the guard turned his crystal brushed past the gridix, glowed bright blue for a second before exploding in the guards hand and causing a bloody mess where his hand once was.

"Gaaah fuck!" the guard shouted and the other guards drew their weapons surrounding Aegon. "Give me that blade boy." The general commanded.

Suddenly Aegons cheerful demeanor changed and his hand immediately went to his hilt causing several guards to move forward. "Not gonna happen Sir."

Two of the guards charged Aegon to take it but he drew quickly and in one swipe of the glowing golden blade cut the spear and sword the two men brought in half. Aegon then rose the sword in a defensive position. The general lifted his hand and his blades began slowly sliding out of his sheathe, but a black armored hand rested on his shoulder, "General...Most would deem it unwise to pick a fight with a Calderan, what do you think they would call picking a fight with two?"

he said. The sevenfoot knight towered over the general and the stench of death accompanied him. Sheathing his blades the general swatted balmonds hand off of him. "Forgive me Sir, I did not realize you were HIS son."

the general sheathed his blades and gave Balmond the stink eye before leaving.

Balmond pointed his finger at the unknown demoness. "You would be wise to come with me woman." he said his tone saying all that needed to be said, he knew, and this wasn't a request...

"That was gross...." Lia muttered, wiping a bit of hand blood off her face. The new knight who to Lia was only intemidating due to his height, showed up. "Calderan....?" She had heard the name, but knew nothing of its orgins or fame. So, it was a bit surprising to see the guards reactions. Then, the knight pointed at the lady whow shared white hair, which, even though Lia didn't know her, she found it pretty cool. 

@Jefferson

@sprouhtt

@Safety Hammer

Earl William Regan

And so continues Earl William's struggle to rid the peasant menace...

The first people to be shoved aside were children who fled the orphanage after it was burned down by demons. Today, they are being driven away by the soldiers who they thought have come here to protect them from evil. It turns out that they were just as despicable as the demons they fought for they wasted no time in ramming them to the ground. Why, one of the soldiers pushed an orphan with so much force that he was sent sailing through the air and when he fell he impacted the ground with a sickening crunch. After the sound of broken bones came a scream of pain and anguish from a child so young that it reminded everyone of their own children, their own sons and daughters.

"What are you waiting for? These peasants aren't going to push themselves, you know!" Said Earl William who was smiling while he was committing such a barbaric atrocity in front of a crowd of people. He was enjoying this, he loved hurting people who he deemed acceptable targets. Peasants were scum to him, just as low as dirt and just as deserving to be stepped on. He had been driven mad with boredom for days and now he had his entertainment.

"Lord William-" Began his faithful servant, Mason, but he was cut off again with a wave of the Earl's hand.

"Not now, Mason, we're trying to raise the morale of our troops as well as my own morale." Earl William winked at his servant Mason and continued his assault on the hapless peasants.

Why, Earl William himself participated in this little battle by kicking these poor bastards off the road with his boot and taking a mean swipe at them with his wooden scabbard. However, by the time William had dispatched several of these miserable wretches, most of them had already run away with their tails behind their legs. This was a disaster! He could let his game get away yet, the party was just starting and they were going to miss all the fun.

"What a disappointment!" Earl William threw his arms high in the air and look as if the angels of the heavens had let him down.

"Lord William-" Said Mason.

Earl William let out a sigh. "Yes, yes, speak Mason."

"If I am speak so bluntly, sire. We didn't come here to cause trouble. We're supposed to be peaceful diplomats, we're not here to act like savages." Said Mason meekly.

"Savages!? We were just men having a little roughing up here and there. I mean, you can't be a man if you can't take a hit." Said Earl William in a nonchalant voice.

A groan was heard.

"What was that?" Earl William looked around and saw that it came from one of the poor orphans that have been beaten senseless. "Ah, well, we might as well clean up our mess a little. Soldiers, pick this child up and patch him up too."

While this was all going on, an elite cadre of peasants armed with quarterstaffs (something like a pole) that teamed up with the local guards came to confront William and his band of thugs. Whatever was happening, this was not going to end well for either side. The guards had already drawn their swords and it looks like they were not going to back down. There were scores of them everywhere, and it looks like William was up for a fight.

"Oh brother..." Earl William drew his own sword for combat.

"That was gross...." Lia muttered, wiping a bit of hand blood off her face. The new knight who to Lia was only intemidating due to his height, showed up. "Calderan....?" She had heard the name, but knew nothing of its orgins or fame. So, it was a bit surprising to see the guards reactions. Then, the knight pointed at the lady whow shared white hair, which, even though Lia didn't know her, she found it pretty cool. 

@Jefferson

@sprouhtt

@Safety Hammer

Aegon Calderan, General Rook, And Sir Balmond Calderan

Aegon stood still as they scanned him, he too wondered what this was all about but he couldn't come up with anything.

fortunatly the General spoke up. "The alarms have went off because demonic energy and magic was detected within the city, I selected you for screening because you look just like a boy I trained 20 years ago, but I happen to know that he is dead." the gemstone the guard held to him didn't glow when the man held it out to his but as the guard turned his crystal brushed past the gridix, glowed bright blue for a second before exploding in the guards hand and causing a bloody mess where his hand once was.

"Gaaah fuck!" the guard shouted and the other guards drew their weapons surrounding Aegon. "Give me that blade boy." The general commanded.

Suddenly Aegons cheerful demeanor changed and his hand immediately went to his hilt causing several guards to move forward. "Not gonna happen Sir."

Two of the guards charged Aegon to take it but he drew quickly and in one swipe of the glowing golden blade cut the spear and sword the two men brought in half. Aegon then rose the sword in a defensive position. The general lifted his hand and his blades began slowly sliding out of his sheathe, but a black armored hand rested on his shoulder, "General...Most would deem it unwise to pick a fight with a Calderan, what do you think they would call picking a fight with two?"

he said. The sevenfoot knight towered over the general and the stench of death accompanied him. Sheathing his blades the general swatted balmonds hand off of him. "Forgive me Sir, I did not realize you were HIS son."

the general sheathed his blades and gave Balmond the stink eye before leaving.

Balmond pointed his finger at the unknown demoness. "You would be wise to come with me woman." he said his tone saying all that needed to be said, he knew, and this wasn't a request...

"Pssst! Lia!" Liam said in a rather loud whisper, before leaning over to talk with her. He didn't really care about the hand explosion stuff that had just occurred.

"What the fuck is a 'Calderan'?"

✵ Rosalee Teera ✵

Rosalee had been stood by the door for a good amount of time, she was so unsure of what the alarms would bring up and it was beginning to dawn on her of how easy it must have been to get into the city. Her father, the King had come forth and stood next to her gazing over the city as if it were just a fantasy in their heads. 

"What do you see?" The humble man asked his daughter.
She paused for a moment almost start struck in what to say. Her eyes gleamed over the once beauty and thriving city, that had turned into a camp for those without home and without their own lives anymore. There wasn't many who she had met that weren't from villages within the Kingdom or from the bottom of the pile, but these were her favourite people. They had the least to their names but the most to give from their hearts. It was hard to watch as the Demons and vile creatures had rampaged through the land as if they were a knife cutting through butter. 

"I am unsure as usual." Her voice was soft towards her father, always taking into consideration that perhaps one day she would be in his place as the Queen. But that would be if she could get through the war first.

A guard soon arrived to their feet and spoke of trouble on the outside of the city. The father and daughter turned to each other in disbelief that someone would begin to cause trouble in the time they were in. "Fetch me my horse, I'll make my way there. You go back to mother." Rosalee smiled towards him before long she mounted up onto her horse and began to ride through the city with five armed guards by her side. It didn't take long before they reached the so called 'trouble'. But all she was met with was a nimble woman along with one strangely dressed, an older man, a boy around her age and ofcourse Balmond. She perked her brows to what exactly the problem was, but she didn't bother to it. She merely stood watch a far distance away with her guards.

Last edited by a moderator:

0225356488b482bd2fffe790a5ab2839.jpg
Decthalia watched as this all unfolded in front of her, she was surprised that they detected her so quickly. Decthalia saw that they were holding these stones to scan people, and she wondered if they ever used those before. She certainly has never witnessed this before, Mhmm...so the humans are advancing on their use of technology, She thought to herself as she tilted her head a bit and her hair that was in a ponytail followed. Before she could even blink, she was splattered with blood. Decthalia didn't do anything, she didn't even flinch for a second which wasn't weird for her since she witnessed so many deaths before and so much blood that this kind of thing doesn't phase her. A bit of the blood had gotten on her lip and she tried so hard to fight the urge of licking her lips, she swallowed back and remained calm. I should have eaten a while ago, She thought to herself. 

She watched as a women came to stand next to her, she paid no attention to the girl with the same color hair as hers. Decthalia didn't want to give away her disguise especially when the girl was staring at her for a good second as if she was trying to read Decthalia. 

Decthalia was face to face with a buff and a tough looking human who seemed to be the captain or some high authority. Decthalia didn't dare break eye contact with him, her piercing blue eyes were on him like glue to a paper. He wanted her to come with him, Decthalia wondered what for and she also began to think that she might have gotten caught or maybe he recognized her. She smelled herself for a moment, and she smelled like perfume, her demon aura would have given off a vanilla scent. 

Decthalia had no other choice than to follow him, she was a very calm woman and a demon who followed what she was told to do, most of the time. But in this moment, she didn't want to blow her cover yet by causing trouble she wanted to see where this might end up. 

"Pssst! Lia!" Liam said in a rather loud whisper, before leaning over to talk with her. He didn't really care about the hand explosion stuff that had just occurred.

"What the fuck is a 'Calderan'?"

"I think a powerful knight family. I didnt really pay attention when I met one that came to my wedding," Lia whispered back. "So," she then started with a normal voice, "When are you gonna meet the people recruiting?"

@Jefferson

@Kiowa

Earl William Regan

The battle in which the brave Earl William engages in mortal combat with his newfound enemies.

The guards and peasants gathered in force to challenge the mighty Earl and his company of knights and soldiers, and each side locked their eyes on one another, waiting for the other to deliver the first strike. Finally, the Earl had mustered the courage to meet his foes in combat and so he ordered his men to advance, and advance they did. And soon the opposing guards and peasants followed suit.

They marched to the center of the battlefield, each step drawing them closer to their enemy. These moments were tense, even more so for the guards and the peasants for they had to fight for family and friends. William's men were the sort of folk that had nothing to lose, they had left a war-torn country with the promise that they would start a new life elsewhere if they had completed their task. 

William's men were equipped with all sorts of iron and steel weapons, they were the pinnacle of Mercian military invention. On the other hand, the guards were just as armed as their enemies but the peasants only held some sticks and some slings to throw some stones. It seemed that William's men had the upper hand in almost every aspect, they were professional soldiers that had become hardened during wartime and they were facing greenhorns who had not yet received their first taste of battle until now.

There was something William noticed about the peasants using those quarterstaffs, they were attaching a blade at the end of these staffs and they had just turned it into a spear. An interesting innovation, maybe these peasants were smarter than he thought after all.

William's line formed a line of pikemen and swordsmen with crossbowmen and cavalry just behind them. Their enemies did just the same, putting up their quarterstaffers, spearmen, and swordsmen up in front while the slingers stayed behind to support them with missile weapons.

Two lines met and the battle began...

Epic battle theme:

The Behemoth

Aries stood among the crowd, he had his letter with him, but he quickly assumed that wouldn't be any time soon. He watched confused at the events before him, his eyes trailing across face after face; The knight to whose hand had exploded from the gemstone, the young boy who was refusing to give up a sword. He felt the tension in the air, but he couldn't quite tell how the events before him were unfolding. He saw the general, swatting Balmond's hand, but he couldn't quite read the man's lips. But he soon recognized the man, someone he'd done work for several times in the past, and he always paid a pretty penny. He started making his way through the crowd; His form moving roughly, almost like a bull passing through brush, each stride taking him closer. He was more so curious what brought the man to this place, and if he had gotten a letter also. But more than anything else, he was curious if he had any work; Something that could bring money to the table. But it wasn't until he saw Balmond's finger, pointed towards an unknown woman that he stopped. Glancing between the two for a moment, his brows furrowed beneath his helm.

✵ Rosalee Teera ✵

Rosalee looked to the guards by her side, she pointed towards Balmond and the woman he was with, ordering them to follow the two of them and keep close watch, then after the report back to her. She rode up towards the three that were left and removed her helmet. Shaking out her hair from the plat she gazed amongst the three of them with a soft and great smile. Before inclining her head in respect to the three of them. Her gaze settle on Aegon for a moment before he shook her head looking to them all together. 

"Welcome to Goldenview. My name is Rosalee. I hope you travels were not troubled, it is good to see you got here safe."

Her smile never left as she held the reigns of her pure black steed in her left hand. Her armour shined a slight crimson glow while facing the three of them.

"By the looks of you three, I would say this isn't a social visit to the city. Perhaps something to do with my fathers letters. Might I be correct in thinking so? 

Her questioning was neither harsh or demanding, she kept her cheery and thoughtful expression while waiting for her answers. Placing a hand into her pocket she pulled out a few oats feeding her horse while she spoke to the three of them together. Her thoughts were pure about them, the woman looked youthful even though her hair was white, it wasn't something Rosalee was used to seeing but came to the conclusion she wasn't perhaps entirely human yet that did not matter to her. Seeing the stance of the older man she decided he may have been an escort or bother to the woman, taken back by his language slightly it was a good conclusion she decided. But the younger one seemed different, his expression looked as if he was cheeky but had been through hell, yet there was something that was pulling Rosalee towards him, almost instinctively she through those thoughts away, this was not the time.

@Jefferson @FireMaiden @Safety Hammer

The elf looked up at the other woman. "It's nice to meet you Rosalee! I'm Lia, Lia Nightwind. And that guy," She pointed at Liam, "That's Liam, my escort." Lia said this with a smile, but turned to look at Aegon, her pointed ears now fully visable. "Yep! That's why I'm here!"

@Kiowa

"I think a powerful knight family. I didnt really pay attention when I met one that came to my wedding," Lia whispered back. "So," she then started with a normal voice, "When are you gonna meet the people recruiting?"

@Jefferson

@Kiowa

"Whaddya mean? I got the same letter that you did." Liam said, before he took out the crumpled letter from his pocket, and handing it to his friend. He zipped up his leather jacket, since the inside of the castle was cold for some reason, and continued walking with the snow elf. It kinda pissed him off that she only referred to him as 'an escort', when he had sheltered her from guards and angry relatives after she had killed that one guy. I mean for christ's sake he had fed her for nearly a yea-

✵ Rosalee Teera ✵

Rosalee looked to the guards by her side, she pointed towards Balmond and the woman he was with, ordering them to follow the two of them and keep close watch, then after the report back to her. She rode up towards the three that were left and removed her helmet. Shaking out her hair from the plat she gazed amongst the three of them with a soft and great smile. Before inclining her head in respect to the three of them. Her gaze settle on Aegon for a moment before he shook her head looking to them all together. 

"Welcome to Goldenview. My name is Rosalee. I hope you travels were not troubled, it is good to see you got here safe."

Her smile never left as she held the reigns of her pure black steed in her left hand. Her armour shined a slight crimson glow while facing the three of them.

"By the looks of you three, I would say this isn't a social visit to the city. Perhaps something to do with my fathers letters. Might I be correct in thinking so? 

Her questioning was neither harsh or demanding, she kept her cheery and thoughtful expression while waiting for her answers. Placing a hand into her pocket she pulled out a few oats feeding her horse while she spoke to the three of them together. Her thoughts were pure about them, the woman looked youthful even though her hair was white, it wasn't something Rosalee was used to seeing but came to the conclusion she wasn't perhaps entirely human yet that did not matter to her. Seeing the stance of the older man she decided he may have been an escort or bother to the woman, taken back by his language slightly it was a good conclusion she decided. But the younger one seemed different, his expression looked as if he was cheeky but had been through hell, yet there was something that was pulling Rosalee towards him, almost instinctively she through those thoughts away, this was not the time.

@Jefferson @FireMaiden @Safety Hammer

"Um, yeah... Not an escort by the way! I was invited just like her. She's just being a dick." The ranger grumbled, pointing at Lia with his thumb. "I'm Liam MacNessa, Ranger of the Black Forest." The ranger bowed his head slightly, before looking up at the woman. "If it's not too much of a problem, could you inform me on what we're doing here?"

"Whaddya mean? I got the same letter that you did." Liam said, before he took out the crumpled letter from his pocket, and handing it to his friend. He zipped up his leather jacket, since the inside of the castle was cold for some reason, and continued walking with the snow elf. It kinda pissed him off that she only referred to him as 'an escort', when he had sheltered her from guards and angry relatives after she had killed that one guy. I mean for christ's sake he had fed her for nearly a yea-

"Um, yeah... Not an escort by the way! I was invited just like her. She's just being a dick." The ranger grumbled, pointing at Lia with his thumb. "I'm Liam MacNessa, Ranger of the Black Forest." The ranger bowed his head slightly, before looking up at the woman. "If it's not too much of a problem, could you inform me on what we're doing here?"

(You didn't read her Bio did you? Cause that's not what happened)

"Yes you are, you're my escort ever since you decided to take me along with youWhy do you think we've been with each other for a year? What's with that?" Lia asked, looking back at him. 

Independant Demons

Unbeknownst to the mortals residing within Goldenview, there was a threat emerging upon their frontiers. As farmers, villages, peasants and simple folk all tried to slowly make their way through the gates, amongst the various heroes that had answered the call for aid, a dark presence has smoldered at the crest of the hill that made the horizon to the great city. A troop of demons that had risen from a nearby HellMaw had begun stalking it's way to the large metropolis, interested in the large amount of living creatures that had gathered there. Upon seeing the vast array of mortals and the settlements towering walls, the demons decided it would honour their masters if they were to attack these weak beings.

08_demon_and_devil_artwork_illustrations.jpg

Sprinting forward on all fours, the 50 Life Suckers rushed forward as they galloped across the open plains and towards the unsuspecting civilians. It was not before long that the 6th Circle demons had crashed into the humans, holding them down against the ground as a sharp tube stabbed its way into their necks, draining the blood from their still living bodies. The mortals cried out in fear as they became to victim to the agile demons who had begun to efficiently and brutally harvest them for their life energy. Those that had been pushed aside were already too weak to resist and were easily preyed upon by the Life Suckers, who grew faster and more powerful with each victim they sucked dry. A few peasants sought to fight back with their rudimentary weapons and those demons that they actually managed to damage simply shook of the injuries as if they were nothing, a little blood draining from the sacs on their backs to heal the wound they had sustained. They would harvest as much as they could carry and then retreat back to the HellMaw or the nearest Demon Lord for sacrificial magicks or to create more powerful demons as soon as they were finished. By consuming blood, a demon could definitely hope to see their power increase should the volume be great.

@basically everyone here @Heisenberg (this was mainly for you)

✵ Rosalee Teera ✵

Rosalee chuckled at the two bickering between themselves. "As I said, I am Princess Rosalee. I am currently in charge of sorting those who received letters and held the call to come to the city into were they-.." She paused for a moment hearing the screams coming from outside the walls of the city. She grabbed onto the saddle of her horse and mounted up as quickly as she could manage, she gazed down rather seriously to the three in front of her.

"I hope you came here to fight with us. You're most likely about to find out why." She didn't stay long with the three before charging off on her horse towards the horror that was occurring. Her heart was beating faster than it ever had before, the screams pierced through her mind like ghosts in the mist. The sight she came too was complete horror. Demons gripping onto her people she glanced around as she screamed out for any who could to retreat into the city walls. 

"Anyone who an fight, do it now! Rid them of their privilege to be on this land! Archers fire down! Guards protect the civilians, heroes now is your chance!" Her eyes were full to fire, terrified for her peoples lives but if the city fell she would have nothing left to fight for an neither would those by her side.

Slowly Rosalee jumped down from her horse, making sure that no one was around her she concentrated her mind as her eyes began to glow harshly. Gazing up to the skies she had her hands tensed and pointed upwards, part of the skies slowly began turning black as the clouds moved forward overcasting sections of where the demon lie.

"Tureno ma-mon tureno.." Were the few words she was continuing to mumble. Quickly enough she upturned her hands to face the grounds. Several spots of where the demons where strong pulses of thick lightning source truck the ground, the air becoming static it would pulsate through any foreign bodies causing a striking pain throughout.

@Jefferson @Destructus Kloud @FireMaiden @Safety Hammer (Hope this is acceptable. If not let me know.)

(You didn't read her Bio did you? Cause that's not what happened)

"Yes you are, you're my escort ever since you decided to take me along with youWhy do you think we've been with each other for a year? What's with that?" Lia asked, looking back at him. 

"Well it felt like a year, with me having to do all of the work while you just complained!" Liam snapped, before he heard the screams. He quickly drew his bow, and followed the princess to the source of the screaming. What he saw hit him with a deathly wave of deja vu. It was terrifyingly similar to the massacre of his clan. The screaming, the ruthless killing, the sense of utter hopelessness... He would not let this happen again. He adeptly drew an arrow from his quiver, and loosed it into the skull of a demon, before loosing one more into the bloated blood sack of another, causing it to pop and shrivel away. The hate for these wretched creatures burned in his eyes, as he shot arrow after arrow at the horde.

@Jefferson  @Heisenberg  @Kiowa  @Destructus Kloud

Independant Demons

08_demon_and_devil_artwork_illustrations.jpg

The screams of the innocent were soothing the to small ears of the Life Suckers as they scurried about, killing many and collecting their blood. Eventually, the mortal resistance kicked in and guards began to rush to the aid of the civilians, blades swinging and shields held up for protection. As a rain of arrows started to pour down on the 6th Circle demons, they grabbed the nearest body to them, often the body still writhing painfully with life in them, as a meat shield to the descending arrows. Using various humans around them as barriers, the demons rushed forward again with their nimble speed, grabbing the guardsmen by their arms, legs and neck and promptly ripping them limb from limb. A few demons sustained arrow wounds across the body, but the blood in their sacs soon healed these as if they had never been there. Indeed, one even took an arrow to the face, but got up, it's blood sac clearly drained of blood from the sustained injury. Immediately, lightning bolts stuck down from the skies, electrifying several demons and killing them instantly. They were hunters and very agile by nature, so they tended not to bunch up like a pack. Focusing on the magic signature, at least 12 of the demons immediately moved towards the female mortal that had cast the spell, feeling the energy emanating from here. The red spikes on their foreheads gleamed with the blood of their prey as they leaped forward with sharp claws, intent on ripping her to shreds. They stood at about 8ft in height, but they hunched over a lot when they ran, so the height was not as much as it was when they stretched out to fight. A couple of the 6th Circle demons also attacked the odd mortal with the bow, who was strangely accurate with it and was killing quite a few of their own. Meanwhile the rest of them continued slaughtered the civilians and guards with mostly success. A few of the guards managed to rally together and fend off from the demon onslaught, but the demons were designed to pick off single targets and anyone who fought alone and wasn't particularly powerful would soon find themselves overwhelmed by the fast-moving freakish creatures of Hell.

@Kiowa @Safety Hammer @Jefferson @FireMaiden @Heisenberg

Aegon Calderan.

The sounds of screaming snapped Aegon out of the deathstare he was giving his uncle. Then the princess called for the heroes to help and he redrew his blade and leapt into the fray. As soon as the last arrow hit his sword began to swing. The first demon to leap for his met the glowing blade with its face, which cleaved through the demon with no resistance, golden flames erupted from the wound instead of blood and soon engulfed the remains. Aegon was already onto the next, his swings lacked much precision or skill but they didn't Actually need to connect to do damage, just the aura around the blade would sear the flesh of those nearby. However the young knights Charge was interrupted by a crack in the sky and a bolt of lightning that struck quite close to him, enough so to stagger him with the shockwave. Turning he saw its source, the princess who had spoken earlier. He also saw the gang of small demons lunging at her. "senefed fo Nori" he shouted and hurled a white ball of light at the princess, which expanded into a large 8ft bubble as it flew and came to a stop over her. It was the knights ward spell, A powerful defense he had learned from his father. Confident in his barriers strength he proceeded to return to swinging his weapon at the demons with reckless abandon

Balmond Calderan.

The dreadknight lead the Woman through the panicking streets. A sense of calm emanating from him, but that wasn't all, one could feel a malicious cold aura very similar to a demons but more...Slimy. Not once did he look over his shoulder to check if the demoness was following him, it was as if he knew. He turned into an alleyway and stopped As the demoness entered he gestured for her to move aside, and a few seconds later two of the guards rounded the corner and were surprised to find balmonds hands pointing at them with a crackling greenish lightening. "Hello gentlemen...And goodbye." he unleashed his Death energy upon them but not as quickly as previously. He held the stream of energy on them until nothing was left, not flesh, not bone, not even steel. "Tell me my dear, what does a demoness if your caliber have to gain from coming here?."

his armor his his face, but his tone said more than an expression ever could. This mortal knew far more than he should...

Meanwhile in the Great Spire.

The GrandFather sat in the cathedral with the four generals around him. Since the hellmaws began to open the old man had inherited the kingdom via the nobles preferring to hide in their fortress. Making him one of the only figures of authority the people could actually look to. The old mans brow was furrowed as he observed the events transpiring at the cities gates. Arching his eyebrows he finally opened his eyes.

"Go my dear children, Each of you take a gate and do not abandon your posts." he said rising to his feet with obvious strain. "I shall tend to the Reactor, you know the signal, if the barrier is needed then I shall erect it." the old man then proceeded to walk slowly but surely out of the temple. Each general rose behind him and began to head to their positions. Rook floating out the window, Bishop streaking across the sky in a fireball, Queen Simply sprinted, her large strides covering much ground, Whereas Wraith just vanished as he tends to do so often. "Lord Creator, why have you laid such a burden upon us, is it your will that we fall?" the old man mused as he made it outside. The two cobblestones he stood on uprooted themselves and carried him gently towards the Great Reactor tower.

The Behemoth

Aries watched, his eyes shifting too and fro, off to his left he heard the small group just before they leapt into the fray of combat; But his focus was still cut short as he glanced back around, Balmond and the woman now gone.  The sounds of magic and combat flooded his senses; His thoughts drifting to the letter, what he came here to achieve.  His hazel eyes locked onto the dome, the woman trapped inside of it, the smell of burning flesh sank into his nostrils; It felt almost like home as he rushed forward into the fray. His large legs carrying his prodigious form towards the dome.Every step felt heavy, his weight carried behind him like a ram in charge. As his frame drew closer his heart rate went higher and higher, the adrenaline flooding into his system with each passing moment; Until it all crashed down, every muscle in his body pulled taut as he collided with one of the beasts on the edge of the barrier. The jagged edges of the grips on his gauntlets tearing through the crimson sacs on its back. His momentum still carrying, his hips locked, his fingertips now dug into the tissue of the beast twisted, throwing it back into the hoard that stood in front of the woman and the barrier.

His gaze shifted for just a moment, towards the barrier; He couldn't see anyone besides the woman inside. His chest heaved with every breath, his eyes quickly snapping back towards the group of demons that seemed ever so close. He did his best to stay somewhat close to the barrier's edge, careful not to touch the magic itself. But he knew if he had to he could use it as leverage. His body cast forward once more, his gauntlet colliding into flesh. His large hands ripping and tearing into anything that sponged his eyes with crimson.

"I only complained because you didn't let me do anything you jerk!" Lia retorted as she followed along, staff in hand. A grand mages staff, something someone so young shouldn't have, or in fact, something that wasn't there before she shouldn't have. Her allies would feel lighter, as she spun the staff once on the battle feild, a light green circle under their feet. This was on of the many Buffs she knew, but felt that it would be the most effective at this time. Then, basic magic a tacks were sent twoards the demons, before a spray of fire was sent twoards a small group looming over bodies. 

@Safety Hammer @Kiowa @Jefferson @Mycoid @Destructus Kloud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back