• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Gods' Will | A Light Reborn

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

thefinalgirl

all air and no brains.
And so, it shall begin again...
1551277740542.png

The reborned adventurers begin within the grounds of an abandoned graveyard.
The goddess of souls, Alma Lily, greets them personally.

"Greetings, it is I, Alma Lily.
I have summoned you all here for a quest.
A great danger may destroy the world,
and the main cause may be by the hands of the celestial deities.
Although I am one of them, I don't support this act.
I know that every living being should be given a chance to prove themselves.
Now, I ask of you all few lot, from the souls of the previous adventurers, to show to the gods that you are still worthy of life!"

After the short speech, the woman in black gave everyone a small card.

"Keep it, as it will be vital in your journey of redemption.
For now, farewell, dear adventurers."

When she gave said her final words, her body glowed a bright blue and enveloped the graveyard in a heavenly light.
A light among the darkness had been lit.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 - Ashley Maundrell
Blackrose7 Blackrose7 - Azura Miranti
OrWangatan OrWangatan - Natalia

Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart - Sicarius Knowles

ANIME-PICTURES.NET_-_430429-800x800-rwby-rooster+teeth-weiss+schnee-wail-long+hair-single.jpg
Ashley Maundrell | Class: Rogue | Level: 1
Health: 33/33 | Equipped: Unarmed
Pregnancy Progression: 34 Weeks Along | Countdown to Childbirth: 6 Weeks

After what felt like an eternity sleeping, Ashley woke up. She wasn't in her bed. Feeling the grass on her hand and her aching back, the young mother groaned as she opened her eyes. Looks like her spine had to bare the weight of her growing baby. Sighing, she sat up, both hands on her back as she looked down at her swollen belly. How did she end up in the middle of a...graveyard!? Slowly, the young mother got up to her feet and dusted herself off as she straightened out both her dress and her cardigan. The last thing she remembered was visiting her older sister, brother-in-law and their darling four children. As she cradled her belly in a protective manner, Ashley wondered away from the grave stones and towards a walkway. She was soon greeted by a woman dressed in formal wear and groomed pink hair, who introduced herself as the Goddess of Souls, Alma Lily.

As she stood through what seemed to be a pep talk, the young mother could only wonder...was she being brought back from the dead? If so, who killed her? No wonder sleeping felt like an eternity. Another question...how did she die? Was she poisoned? Attacked? As malevolent thoughts filled her mind, she looked down at her belly. The thought of someone killing a pregnant woman in cold blood left her scared, saddened. What would prompt someone to do that? She cradled her belly as her expression turned somber. A few tears rolled down her cheeks as she wondered who would want her and her child killed. What kind of monster would do that? Or want that? Looking at the Card in her hand, given to her by Alma. Slipping into her pocket, she waddled towards a grave stone that had her bow and quiver next to it. As she took a closer look, it had her name on it.

In Loving Memory of Ashley Maundrell and her Unborn Daughter
Youngest daughter of the Maundrell Family
Dear Daughter, Dear Granddaughter, Dear Mother-To-Be

As she touched the grave stone, Ashley soon fell into a flashback.

It was a late night. She was visiting her sister, Amanda, her Brother-in-law, James and their four children: 7-Year-Old Zack, 6-Year-Old Shelly, 4-Year-Old Ashton and 3-Month Old Taylor. After Dinner, Ashley bid farewell to Amanda and her family. While walking home, Ashley looked down at her swollen belly with a smile, excited to become a Mother herself. A cloaked figure then grabbed her and pulled her into an alley. Before she could call for help, the assailant stabbed her in her belly and she could only look at his masked face in disbelief before he stabbed her through her chest, the blade going right above her heart before letting her fall. As her vision began to fade, the last thing she saw...was him running away as Guards approached.

At dawn the next day, there was an open casket funeral at the Cathedral in Lustalia. After her Mother read the Eulogy, her loved ones came to view her body. Amanda started crying as she said her goodbyes. Her Older Sister proceeded to kiss her forehead as well as her belly. Losing her little sister and her niece at the same time was devastating to the retired noble swords-woman turned Mother of Four. The last part of that memory...was her casket being lowered into the ground before her sister left her bow and quiver by the grave marker.

As the flashback ended, Ashley backed away from the gravestone, terrified. Looking down at her belly and cradling it in a protective matter, the young mother soon just started crying after having to relive such a horrifying memory.

Last edited:
Sicarius Knowles I Dark Knight I Full health I Unarmed I Feeling: Grief and shock

Sicarius awoke propped up against something cold and hard, pressing her armour into her back uncomfortably. She groaned as she opened her eyes, light invading her vision and she covered her eyes with her arm, it was almost like she has been asleep for years but she remembers being awake what seemed to be this morning in her head. Getting up slowly she looked around to be greeted with the sight of a goddess before her, bowing before her Sicarius accepted the card and under her chest piece after the goddess had said her words. Sicarius pondered upon the goddess's words for a few moments, taking in that the goddess had told her that she had died, but how she has yet to figure out. Looking over her shoulder she saw an impressive gravestone with a statue on top of a full suit of armour like her own. She stepped towards the gravestone, taking in the detail in the knight's hand and the standard in the other, it looked like her own and she looked to her side to get her sword out, seeking to compare it to her own but the hilt that once hung from her armor was gone along with the sword and the battle standard.

Sicarius looked around once more trying to find her sword or even her standard but there was nothing but other graves and empty land. She knelt down beside the grave to honor whoever was there only to see her own name carved with care into the white mossy stone

Sicarius 'Romero' Knowles
A wise fighter who stood for what was right for her people, Barillo will never forget its knight in black armor
Daughter of Elynadres Knowles, died (Too mossy to see)

Sicarius scrambled back from the grave and stood up, remembering her death though she would never tell another soul of it. Her fight to save her home was cut short by someone who worked for the crimson, he attacked and killed her during one of her rallies outside of the region to get as many fighters as she could to help free her people from the reign of terror that held on tightly to her home. Her own sword was taken from its sheath and plunged into her chest, coming out the other side. After that it was black until now, she wondered how long she had been asleep or dead and tried to look at her grave for help, it only told her that she had been dead for at least a decade when her father was carved in, she wept for what she had lost not only in her father but in her home, that her campaign that she spent her life on was for nought.

Natalia Velria --- Level 1 Archer --- Hp: 26/26. --- Equipped Item: None

Darkness only seemed to come for an instant as she was suddenly laying in dirt. The chill of the ground made Natalia quickly sit up. The small slivers of light that made their way through the trees were enough to make her squint. A moment of confusion came after, though it was not long before she met the eyes of a beautifully dressed, pink haired maiden who offered Natalia a small card. Listening to the woman's words, Natalia felt like shrinking into herself and fading into nothing. Where did she come from? How did she die? Who did she leave behind? Before Natalia could muster the voice to ask the woman, she was gone. All that was infront of her was a small rock at the head of her dirt bed.

Natalia Velria - 24

Nothing more. Just a name and an age. She thought for a moment on who buried her and who cared enough to give her a grave, but didn't care enough to give a quote, or any sort of indication that she was cared for. Reaching out, Natalia touched the face of the stone and saw things, though they were in few numbers.

Natalia saw a small cabin in the woods, which was aflame. Natalia saw herself walking the streets of a large city. She saw a man in a tavern with a quest flyer. The last thing Natalia saw was her own bloody hands holding her chest, where an arrow was expertly lodged. Looking up, another arrow was being held at point-blank range. Then darkness.

Natalia sat there in silence. Whoever had buried her had been kind enough to leave a long bow and a single arrow by her corpse. No one seemed to have looked out for her, in her past live, but apparently, her life was worth a second shot; a shot that cannot be wasted.

ANIME-PICTURES.NET_-_430429-800x800-rwby-rooster+teeth-weiss+schnee-wail-long+hair-single.jpg
Health: 33/33 | Equipped: Unarmed

After a few minutes of crying, Ashley proceeded to wipe her eyes. She soon took note that there were a few other people in the grave as well. Did they go through similar ordeals? Dying and then being brought back to from the dead by the Goddess of Souls. And now they were being tasked to save the world. Even if they did succeed, would they truly get a second chance at life? Or would they be returning to the afterlife? With no real way of knowing, she was still very scared, not to mention her unborn baby didn't even get a chance at life...having died first in her assassination as whoever killed her stabbed her in the belly. Taking a deep breath, she looked up to see a female knight clad in armor dark as night. Though terrified, Ashley felt a little more comfortable. She found the woman to be very beautiful as well. Whatever prince...or princess if she rolled that way...would be lucky to have her. Approaching the knight, without thinking and completely disregarding personal space, a distraught Ashley just...hugged her. "I know we're just strangers and we've probably never met, but...I'm really scared and I don't want to be alone right now..." She cried, holding the knight close.
Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart

'Red Petals'

The light, it was bright. A big white sphere of light enveloped the man in the middle of the night. He felt his mind pounding, his heart beating out of control, his breathing increasing in speed. He felt that his life had already ended but, his story didn't end. He woke up in the grass fields of what seems to be a grey and dull land. He didn't see any gravestone behind him, he sighed a comforting breath as he thanked the gods that he wasn't dead yet. He saw a group of humans that circled around a woman that wore scandalous clothes. It wasn't too scandalous but, she had a heart below on one of her eyes.

She gave a small invigorating speech about how humanity deserved to live, amidst all the darkness. After her small message, she introduced herself as, Alma Lily, the goddess of souls. She then, distributed everyone within the five person group a card. The card was vital but, she didn't explain further as to why it is actually important in the grand scheme of the universe. Nonetheless, he kept it within a pocket. He saw that the group was mostly composed of women as he was the only man present in the site. He proceeded to stand up properly and introduce himself, "My name is Mitsuhide Akamatsu, Scarlet is what I'm used to being called as. I believe that moping around in this dull cemetary will get us to nowhere. It's best if we move now." He kept his mask on but, made a very stern face. He felt some kind of vibration in his pocket, the man with red hair proceeded to get his card as it displayed a message.

" I should have included this earlier but,
you will have a special role.
You will lead them out of this realm as they will be essential
in determining the fate of the world.
It may be hard but,
I'll assure you that I'll aid you.
P.S: you didn't die if you were thinking about that.
You're just transported here."

The man was shocked as he was burdened with a heavy role but, was relieved that he knew that he didn't actually die. He felt a surge of confidence flow within him, he is ready for what the world will throw at him.

|Mitsuhide Akamatsu / Scarlet|
|Health: 34/34|
|Ninja - Level 1|
|Equipped: A Kunai|

~Abilities~
Shifting Petal - READY!
Shuriken Flare - READY!

Tags: BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Blackrose7 Blackrose7 OrWangatan OrWangatan Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart
Scarlet

code by @pasta

Gog - Level 1 Defender - Health 46/46 - Wielding: Sword

Gog opened his eyes sat up slowly, taking a silent breath before looking around. A graveyard. And some lady saying some words.

I have summoned you all here for a quest.
A great danger may destroy the world,
Now, I ask of you all few lot, from the souls of the previous adventurers, to show to the gods that you are still worthy of life!"

Gog let the black card fall to his lap, just staring at Alma.

He took note of the stone behind him that simply had the name Gog carved into it along with his sword resting against the stone. The flashing image of himself standing in the rain, sword and shield readied as he stared down his opponent, his brother, appeared then just as quickly disappeared. He got up slowly, pocketing the card and taking his sword before looking at the others. The pregnant lady stood out the most. But hearing the red headed man's nickname almost made Gog laugh. "Scarlet is a woman's name..." His sheathed his blade after making the statement. "Who made you the authority?" He crossed his arms and stared at the man through his helmet. It was more of an honest direct question than a challenge. The sound of his already deep voice through the helmet didn't help make him not sound a little mean.
thefinalgirl thefinalgirl

'Red Petals'

He looked around the cemetary, the things that surrounded it is what seems to be a forest nearby and some roads that lead to a sign that points to other directions. He felt that something would be inside the forest but, the cross-roads seemed to be a better choice as it may lead to where they could get out of the realm. He wondered how the goddess would aid them as she may be discovered by the other gods. After all the thinking that he done, he heard someone call him out. "Scarlet is a woman's name..." The man wore iron and had a helmet. His voice ringed out of his armor and questioned him by saying, "Who made you authority?" He was slightly ticked by the man in iron but, he remained his composure and proceeded to stare at him through his mask. He proceeded to walk away from the group, if they were going to be like that to him then, he'll just leave them alone. He knows that they are the light of hope but, if they were truly the group that would test the gods, couldn't she have picked better candidates? Why did she even pick them? Was there a particular reason for her selection?

Whatever the reason was, he looked at them and said, "To be honest, I'd rather not stay in a cemetary. It's dull and boring. Who knows what will happen if we stay here. Would you rather stay here? Or would you like to try and find a way out of this damned place? If you ever want to find me, I'll be in the forest." His feet and body turned towards the direction of the forest. Knowing that the better option may be the cross-roads but, he felt that something may be inside that he can use. It was just his instincts, the forest was dark and ominous but, this did not scare the man in red as he liked dark places. He would go to a forest near his house and spend the rest of the day there, slicing leaves or just collecting bugs and doing things to them out of pure curiosity. Scarlet didn't like company as he was always taught by his parents that no one can truly be trusted, except for yourself. The man still wonders on what may be inside the forest. He wondered if someone would go with him, it would be nice for him.

|Ninja - Level 1|

~Abilities~
Shifting Petal - READY!
Shuriken Flare - READY!

Tags: Tetro Tetro
Scarlet

code by @pasta

Sicarius Knowles I Dark Knight I Full health I Equipped: Old sword I Feeling: Protective and ready for anything.

Sicarius stared at the grave for what seemed to be hours, trying to process everything going through her head only to feel something wrap around her body and pull her close. She yelped in surprise as a clearly pregnant woman clung to her in tears. Sicarius held up her arms in fear and she looked unsure of how to react for a few moments before returning the hug, trying to be as comforting as she could in her cold armor. She didn't even notice the two males that had popped up along side them, that was until they started to speak, Sicarius held on the other woman tighter almost protectively when she eyed the two males with a death glare, making sure they were no threat to the woman and her child before she spoke up "Can we not start a fight in here? we are confused enough" She spoke bluntly, watching the red haired male leave the graveyard.

Sicarius loosened her grip on the other woman and offered her hand to her, asking if she wanted to follow the male and herself out, She looked beside her grave and picked up a old sword that was leaning on it, equipping herself for battle should she need to fight. Her motivation currently was to protect the woman who she did not even know the name of but still felt protective of her for some reason. She slung the sword from the loop on her belt and rolled her shoulders, taking steps to follow the other male out with the others hopefully in toe. She peered at the red haired man catching up to him and walking along side him before she even decided to speak to him "You said your name is Scarlet right? I'm Sicarius" She said rather coldly, still not trusting him but if they were meant to be a team she would need to introduce herself.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 thefinalgirl thefinalgirl

"Calm yourself dark knight. I don't start fights I only finish them." He responded just as bluntly. Gog was intrigued by Sicarius, her attitude and armor felt very familiar. Almost like home. The words of Mitsuhide had only made him blink with an unimpressed expression. The only thing that actually moved him was seeing how scared the pregnant lady looked as she clung to the dark knight. An image of a small black haired pregnant woman flickered in his mind for a brief moment. "Mara," he stepped forward and reached out instinctively, stopping himself once he realized it was only a thought. He took a composing breath before moving forward, catching up to the three. "Try to stay behind me. If anything comes let me take the brunt of it. You can all call me Gog." he spoke to the girl whose name was Sicarius, the man who he decided to personally refer to from now on as Sharon, and the pregnant woman. He remained a little further ahead of the three but remained on Sharon's flank so Sharon could continue to lead the way and obstruct the walking of the others.

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart

Last edited:
[div class=mainCon][div class=header][div class=charaPic][/div]
[div class=title]Topaz Luna Denholm

Class: Mage
Level: 1
Health: 33/33
Equipped:
Mentions: Tetro Tetro thefinalgirl thefinalgirl Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 OrWangatan OrWangatan [/div][/div][div class=contentParent][div class=borderWrap][div class="border borderWide"][/div][div class="border borderTall"][/div][div class="border borderShort"][/div][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textWrap][div class=dialogue]"Good Night, Jasper."[/div] She spoke softly as she closed the door to her room. The dreams were becoming more frequent now. She was able to retain more of it's contents than ever before.

Topaz lifted the blankets over her head, eyes fluttering closed.

The dream began as a haze, but then a bright light enveloped her. This time it was different, something wasn't right. When she looked up a woman of otherworldly beauty stood before her. The being's soft pink locks caressed her flawless body. Topaz went to speak, to ask question such as was she the one teaching her?; But it was no use as her mouth refused to even quiver.

I have summoned you all here for a quest. "

Topaz looked around, but saw no one else but herself in all the white.

"A great danger may destroy the world,

'This dream has gone too weird.' She thought as the being spoke of herself as a celestial deity. 'Wait, when did I die? I was just at home!" She wanted to shout, but nothing was responding and she reminded herself it was just a dream; an actual normal dream that people usually have.
Alma Lilly reached her hand out, Topaz's body moved on its own to accept the item. A card;

With that Alma Lilly began to dissolve into a blue light. The white atmosphere began fade as Alma Lilly's blue light took over, enveloping her senses.

tenor.gif

Topaz bolted up, her breath heavy as her heartbeat. Sweat drips lightly from her brow as she clutched her hand tight. Her body ached as though she had been working hard labor all day. She felt something thick, wrinkled slightly in her clenched hand. Looking down, she held her breath as she recognized the the pattern on the back of the card. It was exactly like the one the goddess from her dream. A sick feeling rose inside her as she trembled a bit. Reactionary she called for her brother;
[div class=dialogue]"Jaaaassssppper!"[/div] Her voice called aloud wavering in fear.

As she turned her head towards where her door should be, instead she found sky, grass, and... gravestones? And then she saw them. Other people waking up, just like her, in the cemetery. Each one of these people turned, a moment stuck to the carved stones behind them. Topaz slowly turned. No gravestone was behind her. Was that a good thing? Only one other person she noticed had no stone behind him... But to her he looked unfazed with his mask, or quite honestly like he was alone.

Topaz turned to the nearby grave markers, checking for her name. She crawled on the grass, a heavy smack hit her leg as she looked down to find a sheathed sword at her waist;
[div class=dialogue]"What the -This isn't mine."[/div] She whispered, standing up to inspect it. The belt was secure on her waist as if someone had dawn it on her. Her fingertips brushed the hilt, but she quickly recoiled from its cold touch.

Concerned once again about where she was, in her dream where everything felt so real, she looked at the others. They were arguing a bit; a strong looking woman, held a beautiful pregnant woman in her arms. Her white hair cascaded down the side, covering her face. The strong looking woman challenged the large man in metal, just before calling out to the man in the mask.

Sicarius; Her voice was confident and seemed so sure of herself. She to had a sword, one you could tell she had used before. Topaz was in bit of awe of her.
Mitsu- er-Scarlet; He was clearly a foreigner to her, as not only his name, but his speech sounded a bit off to her. He went straight to the forest -leaving without addressing anyone.
Gog; He was... intimidating, and blunt. Very blunt. Topaz's nose wrinkled, Scarlet seemed to be a loner, but at least he wasn't offensive. But then she saw the way Gog was walking with Sicarius and the beautiful pregnant woman, it reminded her much of the way Onyx and Jasper walked in town with her.

The thought of her brothers made her catch her breath, she searched the faces of those who still sat. None were Jasper, or Onyx for that matter.

She stood awkwardly in worry for a moment; her eyes darting from the trio to those still sitting. Dream or not, the cemetary was creepy and those people were on the move so maybe they had some idea.

[div class=dialogue]"Umm- I'm going to follow them..."[/div] She shyed from those still there and ran towards the Trio.

Topaz's stride was a bit clumsy, as the sword swung about clipping her heels every few steps. Once caught up, she stayed a few steps behind. Her eyes drew upwords and the path they were on entering the forest seemed ominus.
[div class=dialogue]"Excuse me, are you sure we should go through the forest? I would think that pathway is safer?"[/div] Topaz shook with nerves as she pointed at the crossroads; Why can't this dream just end already?[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=mainCon] min-width:200px; max-width:80%; height:fit-content; margin:auto;center; --color1:#FFFFFF; --color2:#CC6600; --color3:#CC6600; --color4:#000000; --img1:url('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rGVjE1UBcMw/maxresdefault.jpg'); overflow:hidden; padding:1em; background:var(--img1); background-size:cover; background-attachment:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; [/class] [class=header] display:flex; align-items:center; padding:1em; border-bottom: 2px solid var(--color3); font-family:Montserrat; color:var(--color1); font-weight:bold; [/class] [class=charaPic] float:left; width:200px; height:200px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/85b02efcc200c13a21bbab481735c714/tumblr_orfdsvi4oI1vtm2teo2_250.png'); background-size:cover; background-position:center; border-bottom:5px double var(--color3); [/class] [class=title] width:fit-content; font-family:Petit Formal Script; font-size:2em; color:var(--color1); border-bottom:1px solid var(--color3); text-shadow:2px 0px 0px var(--color3); [/class] [class=contentParent] width:auto; height:fit-content; overflow:hidden; background:var(--color1); opacity:0; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; border-bottom:2px solid var(--color3); [/class] [class name=contentParent state=hover] opacity:0.9; [/class] [class=scrollWrap] margin-top:1%; width:105%; height:48vh; padding-bottom:1%; overflow-y:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; [/class] [class name=scrollWrap maxWidth=600px] height:43vh; [/class] [class=textWrap] width:93%; font-family:Montserrat; color:var(--color4); padding-left:1em; padding-right:1em; [/class] [class name=textWrap maxWidth=600px] padding:0em; [/class] [class=dialogue] display:inline-block; color:var(--color3); [/class] [class=borderWrap] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px 4px; position:relative; [/class] [class=border] box-sizing:content-box; width:100%; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; [/class] [class=borderTall] width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; top:-8px; left:3px; padding:8px 0px 8px 0px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=borderWide] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0px 4px 0px 4px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=borderShort] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0px 4px 0px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class]

Last edited:
Natalia Velria --- Level 1 Archer --- Hp: 26/26. --- Equipped Item: Traveler's Bow

Looking around the cemetery, Natalia took notice of the others surrounding her. Had they also died? What qualified someone to be reborn? The girl had far too many questions and hardly had the brain space to think them through. Natalia looked up at the massive expanse of forest above and around her and noticed a black bird perched in a tree; a crow. She heard it's caw caw as it took to flight and swiftly landed on the rock that served as her tombstone. The bird cocked it's head and stared at her, like it was expecting something. Seemingly out of nowhere, a second crow landed beside her, then came the cawing of a third in a nearby tree.

Natalia's eyes then found the small group of people that were making their way out of the cemetery. Thinking that there really wasn't anything else for her to do in the area, she stood up and began to follow them. As she began to walk towards the group, she turned around to find the crows following her.

"I apologize. I don't have any food for you." Natalia continued to walk towards the group, now noticing their clothing and appearances more. She also spotted a woman with red hair trailing them. Excuse me, are you sure we should go through the forest? I would think that pathways is safer? Silently approaching her, Natalia gave the girl a soft, "Never travel along the trail. Trails are where bandits are. Forest navigation is easier."

Yellow Swan Yellow Swan Tetro Tetro Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart thefinalgirl thefinalgirl BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Health: 33/33 | Equipped: Oak Bow and 100 Arrows

The young mother calmed down as the Dark Knight held her close and comforted her. The two then heard two male voices and they seemed to be bickering. That is until the Dark Knight called them out. With her, the young mother felt safe. The man in red seemed rather trustworthy. The other man, clad in armor from head to toe, she expressed doubt, but didn't really say much. Briefly, the Dark Knight, who introduced herself as Sicarius, let go to retrieve a sword. Ashley took the moment to retrieve a quiver and a bow...both of which were left by her grave marker. Strapping them both on as she straightened out her cardigan and her dress, she once more grabbed Sicarius' hand just as the armored warrior introduced himself as Gog, while she learned the man in red's name, Scarlet. "My name's Ashley...Ashley Maundrell, youngest daughter of the Maundrell Family."

When Sicarius offered her hand, Ashley gently grabbed it without hesitation as being around her made the young mother feel safer. As they began following the trail out of the cemetery, Ashley heard two more feminine voices behind her, looking back to see two women. One equipped with a bow like herself, and the other, a rather adorable looking young woman. Quietly, she ushered both of them to come with before turning her attention back on the path before her, staying close to Sicarius while keeping vigilant of Gog and Scarlet. "So where to from here, Scarlet?" She asked, feeling nervous.
thefinalgirl thefinalgirl Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart Tetro Tetro OrWangatan OrWangatan Yellow Swan Yellow Swan

Last edited:

'Red Petals'

"Hey, Scarlet! Get up! You're going to be late for the ceremony!" The morning begun when Mitsuhide's sister, whose name was Taiga, or also known as Tifa, woke him up while he slept peacefully. The bright sun and the warm winds made the day hot as he had to be somewhere for a ceremony. He didn't know what ceremony it was for but, he still went along with it. He grabbed his garments and put on his mask while equipping a pair of small kunai that he held within the palm of his hand. "I'll be on my way." The man responded with as he proceeded to get out of his room and walked along the corridor of his home. He arrived at the garden, near the garden pond and over the flower column where his peers and patrons waited for him. He was grabbed by his wrist and dragged to the middle of the crowd where he was presented with a sword. His father asked him to pick between a group of women as his wife. Tifa was shocked as she already knew that he was not into girls. Mitsuhide stared blankly as he didn't want to let down his parents but, also trying to hide the fact that he prefers men. He looked at his father with serious look on his face, "Father, I need time to think. How can I choose if I haven't known them personally?". He dodged the situation as his father agreed with his idea. His mother wasn't too happy with his decision but, she still understood why. "Scarlet, I think you should just come out now. Who knows how messy it will get if you don't confess." His sister said with a concerned look on her face but, the man in red reassured her that everything will be fine.

|~FLASHBACK OVER~|
Mitsuhide noticed that the forest had became thinker and darker, while the people that went with him were growing bigger and bigger. He didn't like company but he was tasked to lead them out the realm so he had no choice but to follow the order of the goddess. He was confused on how to make them get out of a realm that was meant for the souls of dead people. The man walked on as he noticed a fork in the road and stopped. "It seems that there are three roads to choose from. The right, the middle, and the left." He observed each sign that each path was accompanied with. The right path had no symbol that would warn it danger, the left path had a symbol for a river, the middle path had no sign but had flowers put across the road. "If I were to take a guess, I'd feel that the left path would be the most optimal path for us currently. If anyone has another opinion, please state it." He wanted to visit the middle path as he sensed no danger within the middle path. He felt a dark force within the right path while the middle path had some kind of magical energy that Mitsuhide can sense. He wondered what would the response of the group be.

|Ninja - Level 1|

~Abilities~
Shifting Petal - READY!
Shuriken Flare - READY!

Tags: Tetro Tetro BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 OrWangatan OrWangatan Yellow Swan Yellow Swan Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart
Scarlet

code by @pasta

Gog slowed to a stop as the group reached a fork in the road. He looked at the three options for only a second before speaking. "I think someone should scout ahead in secret down the left path. If the coast seems clear they can return and inform the rest of us. While I also agree travelling through the forest might be smarter, Ashley is pregnant and we should be more cautious than normal and take paths that are easier to traverse." After speaking he turned to the others. "Anyone else?" He waited to hear what kind of ideas everyone else had. Only then did realization strike him. They were all women. He and Sharon were the only men of the group. His eye twitched underneath his helmet.

The clumsy little mage was quite adorable, reminding Gog of his little sister, but when push came to shove his honor would demand he work even harder to protect them all. Which wouldn't be easy since he could feel just how much weaker he was now than before his death. "I'm with Sharon on this one though," he gestured to Scarlet, "the left path seems the best."

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 OrWangatan OrWangatan Yellow Swan Yellow Swan

Sicarius Knowles I Dark Knight I Full health I Equipped: Old sword I Feeling: Alert and ready.

Sicarius looked over the paths and drew her sword in her free hand, just in case she had to defend the young mother to be. She stayed silent while the others discussed the options, Sicarius wanted to weigh out the options and choose what was best for the woman next to her. She looked to the other knight and nodded, agreeing with him without speaking.

While to forest offered protection from bandits, who knows what may lie within and the right path didn't seem optimal for the group. She rolled her stiff shoulder with a click, getting ready for everything that could be thrown their way. What ever happened Sicarius would protect the young mother, even if that meant dying again just so she could escape.

Natalia Velria --- Level 1 Archer --- Hp: 26/26. --- Equipped Item: Traveler's Bow

Slightly eavesdropping onto the conversation, Natalia looked up to the armor-clad soldier while he talked. She had barely paid attention to the group, and thus only now noticed that the group had a pregnant woman. Natalia took a good look at the people surrounding her. None of them really looked like they would do well in a scouting party. A small mage, who would likely trip over her feet, a tall soldier, who would make too much sound, a woman clad in dark armor, also too noisy... Then she looked at the red haired man. He seemed to know how to move silently, but Natalia didn't want to risk anything. She had just met these strange people and had no reason to trust them nor their abilities.

Taking a breath, Natalia stepped forward. "I think I was aquatinted with the forests. I'll go scout. If I'm not back in twenty minutes, go down one of the other paths." With little for the group to tell her otherwise, Natalia shot into the forest, following the left path. As she ran off, two of the crows took wing and followed her into the woods.

It felt very good to run in the forest again. The thrill of watching trees fly past your head as you duck under logs and jump rocks was intoxicating. Yes. It seemed like this is what she did before death. Why? She had no reason, but it was a wonderful experience.

A decent way into the forest, following the river with her eyes still on the trail, Natalia spotted a man. An older man bathing in a pond connected to the river. The crows, still following her trail, perched above the man and began to caw, causing the man to look up at them. Slowly making her way closer, Natalia could spot a small blue orb in his hands. By the edge of the pond sat many books and scrolls, along with a pocket of coin. 'Well, if anyone in that little group has good persuasion skills, we might be looking at a way out of here,' she thought to herself. The Archer took one last quick look around the forest and began to run back. The crows stayed behind with the man, but that mattered very little to Natalia.

Within a few minutes, she was back to the group and began reporting her findings.

Equipped:
Mentions: Tetro Tetro thefinalgirl thefinalgirl Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 OrWangatan OrWangatan [/div][/div][div class=contentParent][div class=borderWrap][div class="border borderWide"][/div][div class="border borderTall"][/div][div class="border borderShort"][/div][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textWrap]A small mumbled ‘oh’ left Topaz’s lips in return to the archer’s judgment on which path to take.

Topaz didn’t fight her opinion; Seeing as the person in front of her was wearing pieces of clothing uncommon for the folks in her city to wear. Coupled by the even and soft tone in her voice, led Topaz to believe this wasn’t this woman’s first time in the ‘outside’ world.

Like a true dream, Topaz reserved herself to observing the others. “It’ll be over soon.” She thought as she tightened her white cloak around her as she shivered, making sure to not get her orange hair caught in her flexed self-embrace.

Scarlet brought up the pathways again. Not wanting to embarrass herself like the last time, Topaz kept her mouth shut, even though she still didn’t want to take the route that led to the forest. How anyone could think that the overgrown underbrush that continued to invade all the space below the tall and narrow trees, who’s shadows grew inward from the Goddess’s light, their outline blacked in a depth that knows no end that supported cover to the beasts in which she was sure was watching them hungerly.

She gulped loudly from her own hyped imagination of what those creatures who lurked within looked like.

Sicarius had her blade drawn, as if to support Topaz’s imaginary fear. Topaz fought with herself as to weather she too should draw the blade at her side, but of course didn’t as she closed her eyes tightly wishing herself awake.

The archer’s voice interrupted her thoughts, and immediately Topaz took a step forward; reaching out to grab her, to stop her, but it was already too late as the woman entered the forest confidently.

It was quiet now. Actually, way too quiet for Topaz’s nerves. She tugged at the bottom of her shorts;

[div class=dialogue]“Uh, Hello everyone.”[/div] She smiled sheepishly, [div class=dialogue]“It’s really interesting to meet you all like this.”[/div] She shifted her weight side to side, [div class=dialogue]“I’ve caught all your names, except for -umm- hers.”[/div] She gestured towards where the Archer disappeared to. [div class=dialogue]“I’m Topaz.”[/div] She gave a small friendly wave to the group. Mumbling under her breath softly; [div class=dialogue]“Though I don’t think it really matters much...”[/div]

~~~

When the Archer finally returns, telling the group what she saw. Topaz gave a grimace at the thought of someone bathing at this time of night.[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=mainCon] min-width:200px; max-width:80%; height:fit-content; margin:auto;center; --color1:#FFFFFF; --color2:#CC6600; --color3:#CC6600; --color4:#000000; --img1:url('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rGVjE1UBcMw/maxresdefault.jpg'); overflow:hidden; padding:1em; background:var(--img1); background-size:cover; background-attachment:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; [/class] [class=header] display:flex; align-items:center; padding:1em; border-bottom: 2px solid var(--color3); font-family:Montserrat; color:var(--color1); font-weight:bold; [/class] [class=charaPic] float:left; width:200px; height:200px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/85b02efcc200c13a21bbab481735c714/tumblr_orfdsvi4oI1vtm2teo2_250.png'); background-size:cover; background-position:center; border-bottom:5px double var(--color3); [/class] [class=title] width:fit-content; font-family:Petit Formal Script; font-size:2em; color:var(--color1); border-bottom:1px solid var(--color3); text-shadow:2px 0px 0px var(--color3); [/class] [class=contentParent] width:auto; height:fit-content; overflow:hidden; background:var(--color1); opacity:0; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; border-bottom:2px solid var(--color3); [/class] [class name=contentParent state=hover] opacity:0.9; [/class] [class=scrollWrap] margin-top:1%; width:105%; height:48vh; padding-bottom:1%; overflow-y:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; [/class] [class name=scrollWrap maxWidth=600px] height:43vh; [/class] [class=textWrap] width:93%; font-family:Montserrat; color:var(--color4); padding-left:1em; padding-right:1em; [/class] [class name=textWrap maxWidth=600px] padding:0em; [/class] [class=dialogue] display:inline-block; color:var(--color3); [/class] [class=borderWrap] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px 4px; position:relative; [/class] [class=border] box-sizing:content-box; width:100%; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; [/class] [class=borderTall] width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; top:-8px; left:3px; padding:8px 0px 8px 0px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=borderWide] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0px 4px 0px 4px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=borderShort] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0px 4px 0px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class]

Between the three paths, Ashley wasn't all that sure about which path would be safer. No matter, all she knew is that she had to keep her enemies at a distance. That means they had to be put down before they had a chance to bite, scratch or hit her. Before she could finish her train of thought though, or say anything, the forest's thorns grew, separating the large group into three different groups of two. Sadly, this would separate Ashley from Sicarius, as the fast-growing thorns would force her to let go of the dark-armored knight. Clutching her swollen belly, she looked at the thorns that separated them. "Don't worry, Dark Knight. We'll reunite on the other side!" She said, her voice filled with confidence.

As she looked around, Ashley looked towards her only companion, an adorable looking young woman. "Well sweetie, I guess its just you and me until we reach the other side. Please, lead the way, dearie."

She soon drew her bow, having an arrow at the ready, wanting to be prepared at a moment's notice, because only the gods knew what lurked in this dark forest.
Yellow Swan Yellow Swan , Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart

Gog crossed his arms and waited, looking around and just keeping to himself until he heard the little wizard girl speak. "Hello Topaz." He kept himself brief, wanting to leave this place as soon as possible. While the ranger was off scouting he looked at the other paths they could take. It all seemed strange how set up the situation was. Sharon was the only one who seemed to know what their moves should be. It didn't bother Gog since he was never much of a leader. But that meant he knew something they all didn't. The man's attitude didn't help either. Gog wasn't a people person but Sharon was acting like their presence was almost a personal offense to him.

When the girl came back and told them of what she saw Gog nodded. "I don't trust anyone who wo-" Before he could finish the group had been separated. He tried to pull the thorns apart to stop the occurrence but to no avail. He stood there and looked at what kept them all divided. He didn't want to look at who he was with. "...." As he turned to see it was Sharon he could only clench his fist subtly. "Alright lets find a way to regroup with the others."

thefinalgirl thefinalgirl

'Red Petals'

"I see, if that's the case then we should ask him for direct-" Before Mitsuhide was able to finish his sentence, a big bush of thorns proceeded to grow at a fast pace that made the group of adventurers split up, dividing them into each road by pairs. The red-haired man ended up with the man in armor, Gog. He hated that he called him Sharon, he was certainly a man that he hadn't encountered in his home region. His manners weren't too refined judging how he was treated by the knight but, he learned to deal with manner-less people due to his sister taking him to places that he had never been before. There was one instance he accidentally called for 'extra service'. A man entered his room with a suitcase, he proceeded to open it, revealing some toys that were for adults. Mitsuhide widened his eyes in terror as he quickly declined it. The man who was called in by him was quick to apologize as he explained that he confused the Food Service with the other service. It was certainly an embarrassing moment in his life that he could never forget.

"Hey, everybody. If you can hear me, that's good. Make sure you try to avoid fights but, if one does occur, defend yourselves or run away." The leader of the group shouted to everyone, hopefully hearing his voice through the cluster of thorns. He proceeded to look at Gog and say, "We should start walking down this path. The man could know some things." He proceeded to cross his arms and look at him. He wondered why he calls him Sharon, it was a name that was certainly for a foreigner of his region. "Also, could you stop calling me 'Sharon'? I find it annoying."

|Ninja - Level 1|

~Abilities~
Shifting Petal - READY!
Shuriken Flare - READY!

Tags: Tetro Tetro BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 OrWangatan OrWangatan Yellow Swan Yellow Swan Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart
Scarlet

code by @pasta

Equipped:
Mentions: Tetro Tetro thefinalgirl thefinalgirl BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 [/div][/div][div class=contentParent][div class=borderWrap][div class="border borderWide"][/div][div class="border borderTall"][/div][div class="border borderShort"][/div][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textWrap]A smile spread across Topaz’s face as Gog said her name. It was nice to hear her own name called, since her brother only ever called her ‘Sis’. But her simple enjoyment was yanked from her as thin narrow vines quickly darted between the group as the flexible vines weaved themselves into a large living tapestry.

A high pitch scream of startlement jumped out of her throat as one of the vine’s thorns caught on Topaz’s robe. The young mage whipped around, ripping the robe out of its grasp angrily.

"Don't worry, Dark Knight. We'll reunite on the other side!" Called out a voice nearby. Topaz turned to see that it was Ashley. Topaz let out a small sigh of relief that she wasn’t all by herself.

Scarlet’s voice was raised; echoing slightly making him sound distant;
"Hey, everybody. If you can hear me, that's good. Make sure you try to avoid fights but, if one does occur, defend yourselves or run away."

‘Fights?!’ Topaz gulped.

Ashley turned to her smiling;
"Well sweetie, I guess it's just you and me until we reach the other side. Please, lead the way, dearie." Her smile was pleasant, but the action of arming herself was a bit discombobulating for Topaz.

[div class=dialogue]“Ahh, yeah.”[/div] She turned to see that the pathway that had been covered in flowers was the one in which they were trapped in. Immediately her attitude shifted, quite pleased by what seemed to be the most welcoming path.
[div class=dialogue]“The flowers are so pretty! I wish I had a canvas and some paints!”[/div] Topaz said giddily, as she twirled about happily on the road.

She was no longer scared, for this world filled her eyes with hues she’d never seen before with the Goddess’s light.[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=mainCon] min-width:200px; max-width:80%; height:fit-content; margin:auto;center; --color1:#FFFFFF; --color2:#CC6600; --color3:#CC6600; --color4:#000000; --img1:url('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/rGVjE1UBcMw/maxresdefault.jpg'); overflow:hidden; padding:1em; background:var(--img1); background-size:cover; background-attachment:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; [/class] [class=header] display:flex; align-items:center; padding:1em; border-bottom: 2px solid var(--color3); font-family:Montserrat; color:var(--color1); font-weight:bold; [/class] [class=charaPic] float:left; width:200px; height:200px; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/85b02efcc200c13a21bbab481735c714/tumblr_orfdsvi4oI1vtm2teo2_250.png'); background-size:cover; background-position:center; border-bottom:5px double var(--color3); [/class] [class=title] width:fit-content; font-family:Petit Formal Script; font-size:2em; color:var(--color1); border-bottom:1px solid var(--color3); text-shadow:2px 0px 0px var(--color3); [/class] [class=contentParent] width:auto; height:fit-content; overflow:hidden; background:var(--color1); opacity:0; transition: all 1s ease-in-out; border-bottom:2px solid var(--color3); [/class] [class name=contentParent state=hover] opacity:0.9; [/class] [class=scrollWrap] margin-top:1%; width:105%; height:48vh; padding-bottom:1%; overflow-y:scroll; overflow-x:hidden; [/class] [class name=scrollWrap maxWidth=600px] height:43vh; [/class] [class=textWrap] width:93%; font-family:Montserrat; color:var(--color4); padding-left:1em; padding-right:1em; [/class] [class name=textWrap maxWidth=600px] padding:0em; [/class] [class=dialogue] display:inline-block; color:var(--color3); [/class] [class=borderWrap] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px 4px; position:relative; [/class] [class=border] box-sizing:content-box; width:100%; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; [/class] [class=borderTall] width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; top:-8px; left:3px; padding:8px 0px 8px 0px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=borderWide] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0px 4px 0px 4px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=borderShort] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0px 4px 0px; border:1px solid var(--color2); [/class]

Not a moment after Natalia had finished reporting, large black thorned weeds sprang up from the ground, dividing the group. It was chaos between the six of them. The small mage was obviously terrified, and it seemed like everyone had been very neatly separated into three groups of two.

"Hey, everybody. If you can hear me, that's good. Make sure you try to avoid fights but, if one does occur, defend yourselves or run away."

Natalia's grip on her bow got a bit tighter as she looked from the wall of thorns to the dark knight. This seemed like a fair pairing. Just by looking over the knight, Natalia could see that the woman could easily take a few hits before going down. With sturdy back-up and Natalia's scouting skills, getting to wherever this path lead wasn't going to be too difficult... though it wasn't really herself that Natalia was worried about. That small mage seemed to jump at every shadow on the wall. By the sound of the voices, the mage was paired up with the pregnant woman.

'Hopefully, that mage knows what she's doing. Any front-line fighter could overpower them...' Natalia sat and thought to herself a bit. She then looked back at the dark knight and held out her and.

"From the looks of it, it would be smartest to travel by forest. That way, we'll still be able to follow the trail, and won't be easily spotted by bandits and thieves. My name is Natalie."

Yellow Swan Yellow Swan Fray Dracoheart Fray Dracoheart thefinalgirl thefinalgirl BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Being paired up with the young mage didn't seem so bad to the young mother. Before they continued down their path, something caught her eye. It seemed to be coming from the patch of roses near her. Slowly, she waddled over towards the flowers, looking for the shiny object that caught her eye. The thorns did seem rather intimidating to her, so Ashley was going to have to be really careful if she was gonna try and grab it. One wrong move and she could cut herself or get hurt. In a forest like this one, chances were those thorns were probably poisonous, which could be dangerous for both her and the baby. Setting her bow down, Ashley would get down on her knees and reach into the thorns, pulling out a mysterious looking jewel. Hopefully there was nothing malevolent about it. Not knowing much about it, she decided to hold onto it until she could find someone who does. She then picked her bow back up and got back onto her feet. Since they weren't in immediate danger, Ashley put her bow away once again.

Before continuing forward, she had to go take the mage with her. Hopefully they wouldn't have to fight up close and personal if they were to encounter anything. That was a big no-no for Ashley and was extremely dangerous for the baby. One hit to the stomach and the baby was done for. "I don't know about painting here, sweetie, but its really dangerous out here. We should get moving so we can go meet up with the rest of the group." She tugged on the Mage's arm.

She then froze when she heard something moving in the bushes nearby and the baby started kicking. To her own dismay, she felt a sharp pain in her belly. "Oh god, no...Not now..." She said, in a worried tone.
Yellow Swan Yellow Swan

Sicarius Knowles - Dark knight - level 1 - Full health - Equipped: Old sword - Feeling: determined and angry.

Sicarius felt her hand drop to her side, being empty for the first time in a while. Alarmed the knight looked to the side where the young mother was only to be met with the right of a wall of thorns, the knight had no fear when she pounded on the wall, trying to get back to the young mother side "Ashley! Stay calm I will be with you soon!" She yelled trying to get her voice through the wall to comfort the young mother. She looked to the woman whom she had been paired with and gave her a blank look, she wasn't much of a smiler in this weird undeath that she found herself in.

The woman introduced herself and the knight bowed her "Sicarius" she said bluntly before starting down the path, almost as if on a war path to get back to the group and protect the members who could not protect themselves, she looked at the wall every now and then to see if she could see through or if the wall was weakening to a point where she could beat her way through to the group where the two women would struggle to protect each other. Sicarius pulled on her helmet and glared her way down the path towards whatever was causing this, not realising she was leaving her partner behind her as she kicked up the dust of the path.

OrWangatan OrWangatan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back