• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

K.O.D

No lights please
5CD4A342-DC6A-4533-8A10-1EADB3CD81C4.jpeg
Superheroes have been a staple of this worlds society for just over a century now. It started out in 1916 when the United States Joined into World War One with the worlds first Super soldier, Patriot Supreme. With his abilities and skills the war managed to end in that very same month. This sparked the rise of a new age, one of extremely accelerated technological advancement, from 1916 all the way to 1937, mankind saw new technology that seemed to boggle the mind, airplanes took to the air, telescopes turned their eyes to the sky. For a time it seemed as if the golden age of man had begun. However in 1938 The world took a heavy loss, an unknown object entered our solar system at an incredible speed, Patriot Supreme Launched out to meet this object and divert it however upon contact with it the object detonated and Patriot supreme was lost.

The object turned out to be a radioactive crystal which had been shattered and blasted towards the earth like a shotgun only a few pieces remained intact enough to impact the planet but they were to small to do any real damage and the rest burnt up in the atmosphere. However unbeknownst to the world this object burning up in our atmosphere was by design, the object was a weapon meant to mutate the DNA of humanity and render them extinct. However it’s contact with Patriot Supreme, or rather the vaporized remains of the hero, made the Super Genes in his blood consume the mutagen and the altered Mixture would be what burned up in earths atmosphere, the effects of which the world was sorely underprepared for.

With America weakened by the loss of Patriot supreme, a new power began to rise in Germany, one bolstered by Dark occult power and hidden long in the shadows of government. In 1939 The Nazi’s supernatural reich nearly put the world on its knees. Powerful Sorcerers, Possessed soldiers, new weapons technology, and even a Dark God made them nigh untouchable. However after ten years of onslaught upon the world something new began to arise. The effects of the unknown extraterrestrial crystal meteor began to show up in people around the world. Superpowers began to arise in a small fraction of those who were prepubescent at the time of the meteors burning up the majority of whom lived in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, Eastern China, Eastern Russia, and Australia. The Americans Experience With Patriot Supreme allowed them to guide the Rise of a variety of Superhero Teams Called the Champions who would fight a grueling seven year war against the Nazi’s and eventually winning a bloody hard fought victory in the year 1956, with a global total death toll near 500,000,000. It would be another 20 years before what could be rebuilt was.
~~~
23D9C91D-BD2B-4D44-931E-ED0D57CD4E41.jpegThe Champions had managed to hold the world together and maintain peace after the war for a very long time, the children of those with powers would very often develop powers of their own. Magical Curses,Enchantments, and Bloodlines From the Reich, or those who were captured by them bloomed once more and yet again technology expanded drastically. There was a rather large vacuum of power left in the Nazi’s wake as many nations had their leadership wholesale destroyed. But with the Champions and the world as a whole working hard to maintain peace after the tragedy of the Second World War order was eventually restored and with it optimism returned. Many new heroes would rise, but the chaos would give way to just as many opportunistic people now empowered by one thing or another. The world began to distrust the guardians and in 1973 the heroes stepped out of the military and became an organization in the public eye. The Champions became world famous celebrities and its ranks swelled with those who wished to become Heroes, who thanks to the advent of portable nuclear power cells and advancements in nearly every field of science, no longer needed superpowers to become super heroes.

However in 1980 The world was once again shook by another apocalypse as the originators of the Crystalline Gene Weapon Arrived to what was supposed to be an empty planet. They would make an attempt to correct their mistake which would be known as the day of Armageddon. Alien Drones strafed by gunning down heroes and civilians alike. The world would have been purged if not for a successful infiltration into the Alien vessel and a subsequent bombing of the main vessels engine which caused it to come crashing down into the Pacific Ocean. The day was saved, but the death toll of this disaster was in the Billions. Disruptions to every major supply chain and the complete eradication of all world leaders caused a long period of chaos which would go on until 1993 when the Global Government was established out of what was left of the worlds nations. The Champions Were Broken, and so with the Global Government came their police force, rather than just an army, the New World government decided threats to their worlds Sovereignty be them foreign or domestic are best handled by Superheroes, as both world wars, the Alien invasion, and the Rebuilding efforts afterwards, showed heroes to be incredibly capable individuals.
~~~
01618227-DC77-4871-820F-B9BC8F872254.jpegThe Global Government has been operating for twenty seven years now, despite initial worries about corruption in the beginning things actually seem to be at their best yet. The Global Government has eliminated extreme poverty, set up a global trade network and shared currency that have allowed the average every day people to actually tour the world. Education and the Legal system have become Automated allowing both to be offered for free though extra investment can allow for more in depth studies into any one category. The lack or Militaries means no military spending would be needed, however the Global Guardians Superhero team actually absorbs most of that themselves to be used for training, equipment, and their many advanced technological capabilities. However a rise of powers manifesting, alien technology or genetic mutations washing up from the pacific has begun to threaten this utopia. To make matters worse distrust of the Global Government has begun to expand causing several new heroes to rise up without becoming licensed with the GG causing a divide to grow within the public about wether or not to create a DNA registry to catalogue all super humans. All of this turmoil seems to be building leaving many to fear a new world war may be in the world. Meanwhile a cult dedicated to the aliens who started the Armageddon invasion claims they will soon return, yet our satellites show no signs of any threat. The world seems on the verge of chaos, fortunately a new class of graduates for the Global Guardians Recruitment program has just finished their courses and are ready to deploy…but can they make a difference?​

If this picks up enough people please tag me. It gives me comic book vibes more than anime which is a nice change aha

I mean like was there a cap on how many you’ll be taking for the thread? K.O.D K.O.D
Oh well typically superhero teams are between 4 and 7 so I think that’s a good number of people to allow in, especially since I intend to run several plots at once.

Got a specific character sheet in mind you'd like us to fill out? And if so? Where?
Not just yet but I will have it up tomorrow.

Okay and also any power restrictions I want to get started on getting my character together.
Yes and No. almost any power will be allowed but there will be certain ones like time and reality manipulation that will be off limits and I usually do not allow abilities that allow people to control others. On rare occasions that I do allow this the control cannot effect player characters.

I'm interested and have an idea for a character that's gonna be an adaptation of A.M.A.Z.O. from DC if that's ok?
Yes so long as it’s within reason. Some powers don’t really make sense to be copied and the whole piling superhero teams worth of powers is kinda broken. So as long as we put some limitations on it that don’t have the thing turning into a golden god who flies off into space after trashing the superhero community I don’t see a problem.

Yes so long as it’s within reason. Some powers don’t really make sense to be copied and the whole piling superhero teams worth of powers is kinda broken. So as long as we put some limitations on it that don’t have the thing turning into a golden god who flies off into space after trashing the superhero community I don’t see a problem.
I wasn't planning on using the original Amazo from the JL series but this one who is much weaker and I can definitely put limits on him.

Attachments

• Amazo-Young-Justice-Animated-Series.jpg
    Amazo-Young-Justice-Animated-Series.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
Wow, please ping me whenever you get this off the ground. This kind of 20th century superhero lore is among my most favorite kinds of settings. I will happily contribute however I might!

I wasn't planning on using the original Amazo from the JL series but this one who is much weaker and I can definitely put limits on him.
Excellent robots are certainly more capable in this timeline compared to our own. I’m sure you will find a good world for your robot to interact with here.

Wow, please ping me whenever you get this off the ground. This kind of 20th century superhero lore is among my most favorite kinds of settings. I will happily contribute however I might!
Awesome that’s one of my favorite things as well, I’m a history buff so I love thinking up how the presence of super humans would effect history. Here I couldn’t decide between magic, alien, tech, or Mutant heroes so I just took option E and went with all of the above.
I’m interested in this.
Excellent I’m glad to have piqued your interest.

Here ya go everyone. We can start the character creation now and I’ll get started on the lore and the occ. hopefully tomorrow we will have enough material to kick this off with a bang.
NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy SeaTea SeaTea PhantomSamurai PhantomSamurai Top11 Top11 InspiredInk InspiredInk Stars Above Stars Above NeonFlow NeonFlow

If it helps you guys to know ahead of time characters are allowed to possess similar and even the same powers if need be. Having two people with fire based power is not something that will harm the story but do try and avoid making direct copies without a good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back