• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Gift (OOC) -=CLOSED=-

DorkMork

====================
IC
OOC
CS
INFO

====================
Feel free to plan things out, make suggestions, ask permissions, or just even random discourse!
====================

Right, so I had an idea for a superpower that wasn't on the info list, though I'm a bit worried it might be a touch over/underpowered, or not conforming to how powers work in this setting.

So in a nutshell, his power is that he can either strengthen or weaken the powers of other superhumans (This is his only ability). He can lessen other people's power by draining their stamina (for lack of better term) and enhances them by bestowing that energy on other espers. He cannot boost a person's abilities without first draining the powers of another.

It should be noted that he cannot take away or cancel another person's superpower completely, and its effects are only temporary.

He can only hold one person's worth of energy at a time, so he can't just boost/dampen a whole group's powers at once. He also can't hold that energy in for too long, or else he'll get sick.

This is not a form of mimicry. He does not get the powers of someone he drains.

Right, so I had an idea for a superpower that wasn't on the info list, though I'm a bit worried it might be a touch over/underpowered, or not conforming to how powers work in this setting.

So in a nutshell, his power is that he can either strengthen or weaken the powers of other superhumans (This is his only ability). He can lessen other people's power by draining their stamina (for lack of better term) and enhances them by bestowing that energy on other espers. He cannot boost a person's abilities without first draining the powers of another.

It should be noted that he cannot take away another person's superpower completely, and its effects are only temporary.

He can only hold one person's worth of energy at a time, so he can't just boost/dampen a whole group's powers at once. He also can't hold that energy in for too long, or else he'll get sick.

This is not a form of mimicry. He does not get the powers of someone he drains.
Alright so if we would implement that power onto the power list in INFO then I'd call it 'energy transfer'. It seems a tad on the powerful side but considering it would be your character's only power/ability then I'd allow it since technically while your peers would be at an advantage, your character would still be at a disadvantage so the balance would be almost equalized by that.

Hello everyone, hopefully according to the title spots are vacant?
Yes, there are a few open spots for now ^-^

How are we on multiple characters? I have three on the drawing board right now.
I would otherwise say make as many as you can handle, but since this is a limited number of characters I'd say you can make two characters at most (characters are all supposed to be from the same high school years ago so there can't be too many)

Yes, there are a few open spots for now ^-^

I would otherwise say make as many as you can handle, but since this is a limited number of characters I'd say you can make two characters at most (characters are all supposed to be from the same high school years ago so there can't be too many)
I was wondering if I could have one reserved due to a few complications?

Also just a heads up I plan on us all starting up the IC on Monday or Tuesday, since waiting any longer tends to kill an rp before it opens its eyes

Of course, but how soon can you have a cs up and how frequent would you be able to rp?
I've been in 2 RPs that died and honestly I say enough is enough. Everyday to be honest, just that due to studies it obviously won't be at anytime, otherwise I can use my phone to post if necessary. So yes, extremely frequent if I do say so myself.

I've been in 2 RPs that died and honestly I say enough is enough. Everyday to be honest, just that due to studies it obviously won't be at anytime, otherwise I can use my phone to post if necessary. So yes, extremely frequent if I do say so myself.
Alright good, I'm shooting to have everyone post at the very absolute least- once per day. So how soon would you be able to get the character sheet up? (Btw I know the feel, I've got classes and a club that might eat away a bit of my active time)

Alright good, I'm shooting to have everyone post at the very absolute least- once per day. So how soon would you be able to get the character sheet up? (Btw I know the feel, I've got classes and a club that might eat away a bit of my active time)
Tomorrow as I arrive from classes at the latest.

Another heads up that I totally forgot to put in the rp title is that this will be a casual rp (3 good sentences to a paragraph or two) since I've found simple rps tend to be dead quickly and the same is with detailed rps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back