• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dante Verren

Poi
Supporter
The mortal realm and the spirit realm, two different worlds that exist parallel to each other. Existing side by side never to touch or interact with the other, but what happens when they do meet? What happens when the two drastically different worlds converge? The answer to that is chaos and destruction. Just take a look across the religions and mythologies created across the world. These faiths are filled with examples of monstrous creatures or disastrous events that came as a result of the two worlds interacting. Each faith had its own way of dealing with it, but now in an age where religion doesn’t matter as much anymore and humanity has almost completely forgotten about the other realm this raised a problem…who would keep the balance?

The two realms having no solution to this problem ended up creating its own solution, and that solution was us. Powerful spirits from the spirit realm began to watch over the human realm. They observed, they studied, and took action when they were ready. Finding a human who caught their interest, and if they were patient enough they would wait for the human to die when it was their time before possessing them. If they weren’t patient enough, then they would take action themselves, sending their future host to an early grave so that they could possess them without having to wait.

This brings us to you. Congratulations. you have recently died, and yet here you are. Maybe you were a firefighter who died saving a child from a raging inferno, a good samaritan who pushed someone out of the way of an out of controlled vehicle and was hit instead, or maybe you were a criminal killed during your most ambitious crime. For whatever reason in your life you had caught the eye of one of the powerful spirits and when you died they possessed your body, binding your existence to theirs. Now two souls share your body, you don’t age yet you still need to eat, breathe, and sleep. Your wounds heal much more quickly than normal humans but the most amazing thing about you is your spirit. Everything about you looks the same before you died, the one difference is the spirit mark. The spirit mark is the physical proof that you have been possessed. Some marks look like a brand driven right into someone's skin, others have one eye change color, and others still have more… unique marks.

I’m sure you noticed but being possessed has one more feature, your new power. Every spirit possesses a domain, something that it draws power from. When it possessed you it’s domain became a part of you but on a much smaller scale. Instead of granting you a series of amazing god-like powers it presented you with one ability. Some people have the ability to manipulate blood, others can see into people’s minds, some can control fire, etc. No one really knows the full scope of the range of abilities that the spirits can grant, but we have our suspicions. I wonder what power you were granted?

Wait, have I not introduced myself yet? My apologies. We are known as GHOUL. We are an organization of people like yourself, people possessed by a spirit who lost the ability to exist in normal society on our own but still hold on to too much of our humanity to move on. We operate behind the scenes and handle situations that require a spirits touch. We are the ones who oversee the balance between the two realms, and as for you. Well you are one of us now. We look forward to working with you.
------------------------------------------------
Hello to everyone who is reading this. To start off thank you for taking the time to look at this idea I had. As the little intro to this describes this rp will see us playing people who were brought back to life and given one power by a spirit. It is only a single power but the limitations of what you can do with said power are your imagination and whatever seems fair to the other roleplayers (So no insta-kill god mode stuff). As someone who is possessed by a spirit you have been “recruited” into an organization known as GHOUL, an organization that devotes itself to protecting the balance between our realm and the spirit realm by either eliminating or finding a more peaceful route to deal with the threats from both sides. I’m looking for a decently sized group of players but I am not sure how much attention this will get if any. So no cap on player limit just yet. Now for the not very exciting but important rules section

Rules/Requirements

1. No God modding
2. Post must be a minimum of 1 paragraph. I’m not really strict on proper grammar or anything like that since I myself kinda suck at. Just make sure that your fellow roleplayers can understand what you are writing.
3.Though not a main focus of the rp romance is allowed, just make sure to fade to black if things start to go down that route.
4. Respect your fellow players, no bullying, harassment, etc. You can make a character who is a terrible person or just in general a jerk but there is no reason to keep up that role out of character.
5. There will be a maximum number of posts allowed for each week. This is so that people with busier schedules who normally can’t keep up will be able to keep going with the rp. Thanks to that this will be a hopefully long running rp. Number of post allowed a week will be decided by the amount of players.
6. Lastly to make sure you read everything please comment on what your favorite food is when expressing interest in this rp.

If enough people want it I will make a discord server for easier communication. I hope that you decide to join. Thank you for your time.

Lore page:Realistic or Modern - The GHOUL Agency: Lore
OOC: Realistic or Modern - The GHOUL Agency: OOC
CS: Realistic or Modern - The GHOUL Agency: CS

Last edited:
Oh! This sounds very interesting. It reminds me of one of my WIPs. I'm currently looking at two other rps to join, but this one has me hooked. Hmm... I love food, so that's a hard choice, but... ice cream, maybe? Or warm, homemade biscuits. Feel-good food.

Definitely interested. Curious how the possession goes? So, theres two souls living in one body. Is the human, the one who died, the one in control, physically/mentally, is the spirit who possessed them the one who controls them and their body, or is it half and half?

My favorite food is anything pasta.. i love it so much you could call me an alfred-hoe (get it, like, like Alfredo hoe? A lover of- Yeah.. that was awful, i’ll show myself the door).

Oh! This sounds very interesting. It reminds me of one of my WIPs. I'm currently looking at two other rps to join, but this one has me hooked. Hmm... I love food, so that's a hard choice, but... ice cream, maybe? Or warm, homemade biscuits. Feel-good food.

Sweet would love to have you join. Homemade biscuits are really good, espeacially when fresh.

Definitely interested. Curious how the possession goes? So, theres two souls living in one body. Is the human, the one who died, the one in control, physically/mentally, is the spirit who possessed them the one who controls them and their body, or is it half and half?

My favorite food is anything pasta.. i love it so much you could call me an alfred-hoe (get it, like, like Alfredo hoe? A lover of- Yeah.. that was awful, i’ll show myself the door).

Yes the possession is two souls living in one body. The human is the primary one in control of both their body, thoughts and emotions. Although possession via spirits can lead to changes in smaller less important behaviors (for example if someone who had a tendacy to let things clutter was possessed by a organized spirit they would find themselves organizing the mess the made from time to time.) The core part of the persons personality and ideals do not change, since those are the things that drew the spirit to them in the first place . Pasta is another great choice and bad puns are always accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back