• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Genesis Bullet (Detailed, Accepting)

VALK CERVIANUS & LAURA SPADE| Location: SPARRING ARENA | Lexielai Lexielai

Collab'd post between the two of us. A separate doc where we could get posts for a combat scene in worked better for us, so we opted for that instead. She'll have the second half posted later on, hope you all enjoy!​

Laura braced herself, prepared for Valk to approach. She waited warily as he clicked a button underneath his helmet until suddenly her ears were filled with a painful, high pitch shriek.

Her hands slapped over her ears. “Ah…” she grunted lowly, falling onto one knee. She couldn’t think; the only thing registering in her mind was the deafening pain, and the need to get away from it.

Laura tucked over into a roll then, barely able to duck behind the remains of a wall. She breathed rapidly, trying to wait out the residual ringing in her ears. That was very unpleasant.

Valk released the button on his helmet, ceasing the wave of noise coming from his helmet. ”Right, one minute’s all I got on these things. Gotta reserve that for later..” He reached for a small attachment at his hip, pulling out the handle of a small blade. Clicking a lever on the side released a thin blade just under four inches in length, with replacement blades carried in a box at the opposite hip.

One normally would not think anything different of the blade, with the only significant change being the extremely thin vial of yellow liquid following along the neck of the blade. Tranq-knives, a creation of one of ECHO’s researchers to create a hybrid between ballistic knives and tranquilizer darts. Valk assumed that with her advanced chemical alterations that she would have an increased immunity, but there really was only one way to know for sure.

Valk made his approach, keeping at least a three foot distance between himself and what remained of the wall that he had seen her take cover behind. The knife in his right hand was kept close to his chest, body turned so that his left hand would still be able to fend her off in the chance that she made a lunge of her own. He had a finger placed gingerly on the trigger of the knife, cautious that he did not fire too soon; the vulnerability that he would put himself in if he missed being far too much of a risk for his liking.

”C’mon, don’t tell me that’s all you’ve got to show me..” Valk began to taunt, testing to see if she would make an effort to close the gap between them. If she did, he would make his best attempt to make sure he hit his target. If he missed, then reverting to his last resort, his blades, would be the next option.

As he approached however, his attention focused on the wall, he wasn’t paying attention to his left. Whoosh A flying projectile flew on target towards his head.

He noticed the projectile just a moment too late, turning his head to face it and meeting a subtle crash against the visor of the helmet. Within the helmet, he would shut his eyes in a flinch, as if it would have subdued the damage. Against the glass there was now a scratch along the left side of his vision.

”The hell..” He brought his left hand up to the helmet, rubbing the scratch on the visor as if it were damage to his own skin. From the minor sensation he managed to grasp through the mash of his suit, the crack was far deeper than what he originally expected. His eyes darted towards the direction of where the rock came from, trying to get a glimpse of where she had positioned herself.

Valk refocused his vision, looking through the rubble for any sign of her on the left. Then another whoosh, and his head cracked forwards as another rock hit him from behind. Small pieces of rock crumbles rolled off his armor as he spun around, eyes now trained on all angles. His grip on the knife in his hands loosened, thinking that if she was keeping distance between them that his knife wouldn’t be the best option.

”No way she can be shifting directions and be that far away..” Subtle clicking around his left wrist signaled the rotation of his weaponry. In his right hand, he released the blade from his forearm, clenching the duller portion between his fingers. In his left hand, a new tool emerged.

A small barbed hook poked out from a miniature launcher on his wrist, one resembling a harpoon or spear gun. ”Now.. If I can just figure out where the hell you’re hiding..” Catching her would be impossible if he had no clue as to where she currently was, and while he didn’t want to cause excessive harm, a pierce from his hookshot to a limb wouldn’t cause too much bleeding. She should have trouble removing the barbs, and unless she had the capabilities to cut wire, he hoped that she would not be able to free herself.

Laura gently tossed another rock a foot into the air, then snatched it in her palm with lightning speed. She peeked out of the corner of the wall she hid behind, just out of Valk’s line of sight.

She was surprised to see the crack along his visor as he looked about, scanning the battlefield to and fro. The rock wasn’t thrown with that much force. Her second hit, which she threw a little harder, had a similarly surprising effect. Laura started wondering how he would react if she just threw this one as hard as she could.

Her fingers gripped the edges of the rock tightly, and she pitched it like a fastball.

Lovette pulled the cigarette out of her mouth as soon as Lyra entered the room, letting the smoke pour from her mouth as she sighed in utter annoyance. She figured she wouldn't go unnoticed, but getting an earful on her 'behavior' was something she wasn't keen on. She glanced at Lyra, looking the girl up and down before taking another drag and letting it float toward the roof.

"I don't like you people." She said, plainly. "I'm not gonna pretend like I do, and I'm not going to TRY to be friends with you people just because I won the lottery of getting ripped out of my own life and into this shithole of one. Not to mention it turned me into this freak." With that, Lovette fully unhinged her jaw, showing off the gnarled teeth that lay within before closing it back up.

"Why should I work with you people? If anything, I'd rather they send me in alone on suicide missions. That way I either get the job done faster than any team of our misfit fuckups can, OR I can get killed in battle. Its a win win for me either way." Lovette dropped her cigarette to the cold, wet tile of the locker room floor and stomped it out before reaching into her jacket pocket and pulling another cigarette out.

"I'm not a team player. I'm not gonna act like one for the sake of you freaks either." She lit her cigarette and plopped it in her mouth.

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

Margaret’s small touch did little to soothe the upset overgrown. He watched Flux with narrowed eyes. Tilting his head side to side as he considered her request. He wanted to tell her ‘No!’. She could not talk to Flux because he ruined the order of things. He was a dumb-dumb, and Wirt would have to show her to him last.

It was unusual that Wirt had failed to immediately recognize a favored companion’s presence. Though, to be fair, he was preoccupied, and if he focused on too many things at once it tended to hurt his head. The new voice was first. Then the smell. The sharp, acidic aroma assaulted his senses and he sharply exhaled through his nose in order to combat the stinging sensation. “Green!” he squealed in delight. His original plans coming back into focus. “Flux’s tryna take Maggie.” he whined. Stepping past the helmet clad unit, he payed no attention to the explanation Margaret provided.

Wirt approached Jarrell slowly. His clouded eyes shone with happiness as he watched the small unit speak. So many things to do with Jarrell. So many things to talk with him about. Wirt’s large hands hovered over the mutant, shaking with excitement. He knew better than to touch Jarrell. He was too big and rough. The lab coats had told Wirt that he was too ‘prone’ to damage his special equipment. They did not think he could be careful.

Wirt wanted pet him and tell him that it was good that he had finally found him. Tell him about about the shots he had earlier, they didn’t hurt at all, but the needle was cold and felt funny. Tell him about his painting. Tell him about Maggie! Oh-

Instead, Wirt clasped his hands together and nodded his head in the direction of the two others. “That’s Maggie, Green!”

“Only I ca’ her that though,” He explained, “She has other things you can ca’ her.”

LadyMatsudai LadyMatsudai zenguardian zenguardian Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Lyra chuckled. Her chuckle descended into a fit of giggles. She tugged at her side a bit, cradling her face while she shook with laughter.

"Jeeeesus christ woman could you be more mopey? 'Woe is me, my body has been phenomenally improved in every single fashion but because I got some tubes sticking out of my arms and a big smile I'm now a horrifying monstrosity!' Grow the fuck up, you were dead but instead of the 90% of people who stay dead you came back as something different, so what? Oh no, you have guaranteed employment, 3 squares, and a personalized room to hang up your nice pretty coat, your life is just a tragedy huh. You know what I had before I got shot? A wooden floor, and maybe a hamburger if I behaved myself. You should really try to focus on the positives here." She wasn't normally this intense with people, but someone who wasn't a team player was a risk to her team, a risk to Lila, and she wasn't really a huge fan of those.

"You can talk big all you want and play the world's smallest violin in your little hidey holes but that doesn't change the fact that you're stuck here, same as everyone else, and you're not the only one with problems, or weird shit on your face for that matter. I mean come on you wanna bitch and moan about what you turned into how about the fucking guy with a PhD and a star-studded career who literally got turned into a giant monster dog. Would you rather be the giant monster dog? I mean he does get his own pile of beanbags."

Dante saw the suspicion creeping through Brie's eyes but he knew her doubt was stronger than her investigative capacity, he stood firm.

"Lots of things make me uncomfortable. Spiders, heights, invasion of my personal space." He took a step back for dramatic effect, his shoulders puffing briefly.

"I really don't know how you got moved, but I wish you all the best in your investigation." He hadn't lied, he had no idea how Joeb did things like that. He patted himself on the back in his head for his clever wit, producing his slab again to check on reports of more potential late revivals. He didn't think he'd be seeing anyone new anymore, but with Ms. Spade suddenly jumping it was possible that this batch of the Genesis serum had a few late bloomers. Dr. Leumas explained that the most unpredictable variable with the bullet was duration of mutation. Overgrown go surprisingly quickly, as do Harnessers. Naturals and Augmented take a little bit longer, but not by that much. Perhaps it was just something they hadn't accounted for. He stowed his slab and looked back up, he'd been thinking to himself now for about two minutes, blankly ignoring Brie. He only hoped she hadn't said anything.

SniperBus SniperBus Gunny Gunny

Ezra sank to the floor as Jarrell seemed to back off. "Thank goodness," he exhaled in a long breath. He really was no good with conflict; he got flustered easily and always assumed things were his on fault and nobody else's. He wouldn't know what to do with himself if he got into a fight and hurt one of his teammates. Though a much more realistic scenario would be if he hurt himself, or got hurt by someone. Truthfully he wasn't much of a threat to others as he was to himself. Again, sharp objects plus fragile human bones does not equal a good time. Ezra really was a good guy at heart, and even with the large confidence boost one might expect comes as a part of the whole superpower package, the skittish byproduct from the uncertainty of his ability kept his ego in check.

Some distance behind Jarrell, Ezra caught a glimpse of a pair of very red eyes staring in their direction, but the person was gone as soon as he blinked. Was it his imagination? He wasn't sure. He usually suffered from hallucinations during bouts of migraines following a long, extensive use of his magnet powers. He hadn't done much heavy lifting today so he didn't know what that could have been.

Wirt, albeit cautiously, bounded over to Jarrell, his frustration slipping off of him like the way Hound slipped on his rubber ball that one time. That was a funny time. He looked like a turtle on its back and Ezra was just... so happy at that sight. "I was not!" Ezra defended, the big guy's accusation causing him to stumble just he started getting up again, like it was a physical blow. Ezra was amazed at how delicate someone of Wirt's size could be... though this could just be a Wirt-Green kinda thing. After recent events, he was convinced that the overgrown would forgo all semblance of vigilance and mash him like a little green bug. Whether it be in excitement or in rage was entirely inconsequential.

"I'm, uh. Gonna go now. I'll see you guys later." Ezra turned on his heels and offered the lady a quick nod before continuing down the hall to the kitchen. He was sure he'd see her again sometime soon. Maybe... if Wirt didn't pop his eyes out first. It was hard to avoid people when you lived under the same roof as them.

Jarrell tilted his head at Wirt's explanation, turning his eyes to Flux with someone of an apology. The panicky guy wouldn't possibly know how to calm down Wirt. Though not many people had such a skill. Even Jarrell felt he had some trouble with it if Wirt reached a certain point. Once the big guy thought a certain way about something, it was very difficult to change his mind. He really was like a kid through and through. Seeing Flux quickly dip after being accused like this made him frown somewhat under the mask. He didn't like being a mediator, but Wirt needed to learn to get along better otherwise he won't get many visitors, or people to chow with during lunch, and all those other little pleasantries. Didn't want the big brown sofie to end up like himself now. It was much easier to label and not care someone who looked different and strange, he felt the sting of prejudice already himself. Wirt doesn't deserve that kind of life of hardship.

He looked up to Wirt, staring at the giant man capable of crushing bones like toothpicks. Though it looked threatening this way, his tone was more like he was talking to a small child.
"Ah, listen big guy. You're gonna have to apologize to Flux later. I'm sure he didn't want to take your lady friend away from you. Just wanted to say hi, I bet. I'm sure a lot of people do. Everyone is gonna excited meeting a new face, right? Just like you, he might've not been able to help himself..." he then opened his hand, "If you do it, I'll draw you a giraffe riding a unicycle or something funny. I'll even watch you paint again. Deal?"

While he tried to reason with Wirt the way he knew best, he casually looked over his shoulder.

"And speaking of which, what should I call you, Miss? Might not see you around too much all things considered, but I'd want to have something to call you when --"
Jarrell suddenly began to cough, ducking his head and holding a lump in his scarf as his rebreather hissed and echoed. It sounded excruciating, but he proceeded as though nothing happened other than a now tired expression, "Excuse me... er, when I do."

zenguardian zenguardian whitepaperplates whitepaperplates LadyMatsudai LadyMatsudai

Last edited:
Margaret softened to see Wirt immediately retreat to the man at the other end of the hall to exclaim Flux (who she assumed was the green haired helmet wearing gentleman to her left) was trying to take her away from him. She was not sure speaking would have helped the situation and looked on conflicted to seeing Flux dart out of the conversation to get away from the accusations. She didn't blame him. But her sympathies towards Flux immediately shifted to the man Wirt called Green, clearing her throat a little to try and compose herself.

Her heart sank softly to the sound of the man coughing strongly to only look back up at her with a tired expression on his face. That rebreather was more than just for looks now, wasn't it?

"My name is Margaret...but...I was told by the officials here I am to go by Doc. If another name suits you better, I will happily go by that. I am a doctor too you know? Or...I was before all of this," she offered softly, not wanting to force her assistance down the man's throat. She knew some people upon the offer of help were too proud to accept it...or simply didn't want it.

whitepaperplates whitepaperplates zenguardian zenguardian Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Laura Spade, Valk Cervianus
Collaboration between SentinelSevn SentinelSevn and Lexielai Lexielai

Valk heard the whoosh of the rock zipping towards him long before the impact struck. An immense pain suddenly cracked along the back of his left shoulder, hitting right along the spine of the scapula. With a grunt escaping his lips, he fell to one knee in an attempt to disappear from view.

From underneath the helmet, Valk was clenching his teeth together as he rotated the ball of his shoulder momentarily. A few inches in any direction and that could have been far worse. In fact, he was almost sure there would be minor fractures along the spine of the scapula during his next checkup, but nothing that was going to put him out of action just yet.

Valk made a dart for the wall that she had hid behind earlier in the match, back pressed against it to give him some sort of defensive option. The fact that she could be anywhere gave her the advantage of adaptability, and being stuck in the center of it all made Valk a sitting duck. At least this way, she wouldn’t be able to target his back again. ”Well.. As long as she isn’t strong enough to shatter the wall..”

A loud crack suddenly echoed to his left. In the split second that his eyes turned to look at it, the silhouette of a figure appearing on his opposite flank closed the distance in a flash. Valk instinctively turned away from the approaching figure, a blind swing of his blade to keep a distance while also trying to make sense of her position.

He caught sight of her briefly just before she maneuvered around him faster than he expected. As he turned to face her, Laura’s sinister, almost demonic smile appeared, followed by a precise punch. Valk was completely unprepared for the strike, taking the full brunt of a blow that sent him veering backwards unexpectedly. But now that she was in front of him, he had a brief moment to finally enact a counter.

Raising his left arm out in front of him as she lunged for a second strike, he quickly pressed the trigger, sending four inch hook flying in her direction. At this close range the hook easily flew true. Unable to dodge, Laura instead blocked the hook with her forearm, splattering blood across the nearby rubble as it pierced through her skin.

“Guh,” she gasped. Her red eyes remained fixated through his visor. Laura tugged against his firm grip, except Valk refused to budge.

Valk had underestimated her strength and speed from the very start, realizing now that it had been a grave mistake on his part. However, that did not change the fact that severely injuring her was out of the question. Retracting the blade into the slot in his forearm, he reached again for the small knife placed around his hip. If he could render her unable to continue, that was very well a win in his book.

Valk began to inch his way towards Laura, the wire wound tightly around his wrist and palm to hold a secure a grip. The blade was held to his side, away from her so she would not have the opportunity to use it against him. He only needed to land the blade for a moment so the medication could take hold, or even land it twice if her immune system was stronger.

It was a tad eerie how her eyes unflinchingly bore into his as he cautiously approached. Her intensity started reminding Valk of the uneasiness he felt when he first met her. But he shrugged it off, rearing his arm back to launch the finishing blow.

Valk, however, didn’t expect her to suddenly pull on the harpoon with the force of a rhino the exact moment he prepared to strike, throwing him off balance as he stumbled forward. Valk’s eyes widened under the mask, her figure quickly getting larger as the gap between them came to a close. Then, as if out of nowhere, he felt a sudden grasp of both of his forearms, tossing his back to the ground. His head, protected by the helmet, hit the rubble, and an unfamiliar weight set itself over him. His arms were pinned to the floor, and the wire was a tangled mess between his fingers from the sudden slack. Valk couldn’t retaliate, and he had little strength that could compete with Laura’s inherited boost.

At this distance, Laura could hear his heavy breathing being projected through the helmet, which quickly shifted to an uncontrollable laugh as Valk realized his sudden defeat.

“How was that for a show?” she said huskily, exhaling just as rapidly as he was. She lifted one of her hands off of his arm as he unclipped his helmet’s attachment, and she gently peeled it off for him.

As the helmet came off his head, he let it clatter to the ground, freeing his dark grey hair from its tangled mess. A thin layer of sweat had collected above his brow, a combination of the rapid movement and the lack of proper ventilation of the helmet being the culprit. ”A show..??” He would repeat between deep breaths and suppressed laughter. ”That was great, much better than fighting the arena’s drones all day. And how about you, I didn’t get you too bad with the hook did I?” Valk raised his head off the floor, looking down to try and get a glance at where his hookshot had drawn blood.

It was bleeding heavily; the tissue was damaged even further by the ensuing scuffle, yet Laura didn’t seem to be too bothered by it. “I’m fine,” she said, clearly brushing off his question. Her hair draped around the edges of her cheeks, gray skin also matted with a thin sheet of sweat. Clearly, Laura was just as exerted as he was despite the briefness of their encounter.

He felt her weight lift off his chest as she stood up. Her uninjured arm reached out to help him up, the other held tight to her side.

”Oh shoot,” Valk replied, grasping onto her arm to bring himself back up to his feet. There was a notable wince when he moved, more specifically, when his left arm began to move. He had absolutely nothing on him that would help in a medical situation, and whatever clothes he had beneath the armor was most likely warm and sticky as they had absorbed the perspiration.

”There’s a med-room a little past the gym we were at earlier. Let’s head over there first. Valk nearly stopped himself from talking any further, trying to recall why in the world he even bothered to take time out of his day for this. ”Right. Cause this is interesting. Who the hell am I now..?” Even in his thoughts, his own sarcasm never failed to get a point across..

Dreizehn got out of the medical bed an left the bay after thanking Lauren. His head throbbed and was wrapped with gauze and the shirt was very dirty from the blood that got on it accompanied by several burn marks from the backfire. Drei patted down his pants to find his Marlboro 27s, "Well, Im glad these are still here" he softly said taking out one as well as the small gold zippo that sat inside the pack, a strike of the thumb opened and lit the flame, a deep breath assured the cigarette to light, a flick of the wrist closed the lighter with a sharp clink sound. After a few drags of the cigarette and passing a few others, He blew the smoke out through his nostrils as he approached his room and opened it. The cool air inside hit him as soon as he stepped in. Dreizehn hit the light switch and turned up the dimmer so the room would fully illuminate, the door closing softly behind him. It would be a moment before Drei moved from a thought like state towards the dresser, but only after he place the cigarette in an ash tray on the desk to his right...

It was a simple gentleman's dresser made of a sturdy wood, it also had a mirror on the large cabinet door. He took of the dirty white tank top and tossed it in the empty trash can next to his desk then opened the cabinet door which contained a dark brown leather coat complete with a fur neck liner, there was few others inside but they would be used for combat operations. Drei pulled a red tank top from the dresser, pulled it on and tucked it into his waistline, "I suppose I should get to know at least one person here, can't keep on bein this way anyways" The former grunt said to himself, he spun around and picked up the cig he had and took a long drag from it which finished it off then killed the lights and left the room with the door locking behind him...

Hunger grasped Dreizehn as he made his way down the main hall, quietly passing any of those who still remained and went to the kitchen to make a good meal for himself. Entering the cooking area he had decided on a chicken breast moderately covered in a white wine sauce with garlic cloves and mushrooms. Another member of the "Team" was also here. "So, who are ya?" He asked bluntly while gathering the needed supplies for his meal, Dreizehn was never good at introductions, if he tried it was awkward so it was always to the point....

zenguardian zenguardian

"To be fair, I wouldn't have to listen to you complain if I was a giant dog." She took a long drag of her cigarette before blowing the smoke in Lyra's face. "Or at least I wouldn't understand it. Plus, if I were a giant monster dog, I'd be too stupid to realize what a raw deal I've been handed..... although..." Lovette looked the woman up and down again before smirking. "Guess I don't gotta be a dog not to get that."

"Unlike you, I had a life back before I got killed. I woulda much rather stayed dead if I knew I had this waiting for me." Lovette gestured around the room. "Just cuz I didn't lose as much as some other people might have doesn't mean I didn't LOSE anything. I was pretty content living a normal life and now I'm bein' forced to play soldier for a country I couldn't care less about." She spat before going into a coughing fit. She scowled and dropped the cigarette and stomped it out once more. "Sure, I got a roof over my head, food to eat and what have you, but that's all in exchange for getting turned into a mutant and bein' forced to fight a war the public don't even know about. You know how stupid you sound trying to convince me that THAT'S a good trade off?" Lovette sneered.

"Soooooo.. what are you trying to accomplish here?" She turned to face Lyra. "Your 'see the brightside' speech ain't gonna do it for me. You just sound stupid as hell. So, if you just came in here to bitch at me, it was a waste of time." Lovette cracked her neck before walking towards the door.

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

Laura Spade

Direct: SentinelSevn SentinelSevn TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

People who might have seen "La Diabla," looking worse for wear, walk by: whitepaperplates whitepaperplates LadyMatsudai LadyMatsudai Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf
Laura nodded, silently exiting the arena with a firm grip on her mangled arm, determined to make it to her destination. She refused any of Valk’s attempts to help. “Just walk with me,” she grunted. Laura internally winced as her arm jostled, dripping bits of blood all across her white T-shirt, jeans, and the floor behind her. Her forearm felt like it was on fire. The pain reminded her of the few times she’d been shot in the line of the duty. In her training she’d learned that it was very important to keep pressure on such wounds, so upon recalling that, Laura ripped away a piece of her shirt to wrap around the arm and hopefully slow the bleeding.

Except it didn’t help that much. In her struggle with Valk the hook had been ripped out of her arm in the worst possible way. The appendage was damaged from the inside out. She barely registered it at the time, but now that the adrenaline was dying down…

“Guh,” she gasped quietly, breathing more and more rapidly. Laura felt herself start wobbling just the slightest bit. She didn’t want to look down and see what happened; there may have been the hint of visible bone, though she preferred not to double check. Laura couldn’t walk very fast at the moment if she didn't want to injure herself even more, not helped by how she brushed off any attempts to help, but she slowly made her way to her destination. Red eyes focused and cold, as usual.

She must’ve looked like a mess to anybody who saw her. A pale woman, walking down the halls like a wraith with a horribly nasty wound and half her shirt ripped away, exposing the physically enhanced midriff underneath. She might’ve even looked like a banshee from hell, judging from the whispers of the other Units watching. Laura ignored them, and forgot even about Valk for a moment, lost in the haze of blood loss.

Stepping through the main hall, and past the Units she briefly saw earlier, Laura left a red, wet trail behind her as she entered the medical bay. One of the nurses looked up and gasped. “Get Lauren right away,” the nurse ordered, rushing towards Laura. The natural in question didn’t resist as the nurse guided her to sit on one of the beds, briefly checking the wound before calling for some more supplies.

Dialogue Key:
Laura Spade
Nurse

Last edited:
Lyra sighed, the lady had points, she hated it when people had points. But she wasn't done with her, not just yet, she had goals, plans, things she needed done. She wasn't about to drop the ball just yet. Slipping off the the lockers she landed with the weight of someone with cause, or at least as much cause as 135 pounds could muster.

"I'm trying to make you think about people besides yourself for a change, Valentine. Your life, your problems, your god damn smoking habit that's gonna get the rest of us in trouble and put you out of commission before you have a chance to do anything useful. This is bigger than we are, we aren't a Frankenstein story about a crazy scientist who wanted to see if he could make monsters, we're the last option, the only thing they had left. You have family, don't you? People you care about, people you might want to see outside of a body bag when we finally get let out of here. You think sitting around and playing tough bitch is going to keep them alive? You've read the headlines, this country you hate so much is stuck between a rock and a hard place and if we don't do something about it everything you liked about your old life will be gone, permanently." She took a breath, being this serious really wasn't something she was accustomed to.

"I don't need you to be happy about it, I don't need you to act like our world's all sunshine and rainbows, but I need to know that when push comes to shove that you're going to put in your share of the fight so that maybe someday we can all go home. That's our only shot, you me and everyone else here."

She kicked the door ajar and extended a hand to the outside, a treaty of peace from one bitch to another.

"I'm sorry I bugged you. I just need to take care of my own, and I'm sure you do too."

SK wasn't shocked by the way events unfolded. Laura's resilience was her strength and her weakness, her willingness to take a blow for the sake of proving herself was as brave as it was careless, but at least she was able to learn that lesson in a controlled environment. Valk seemed to be adjusting to his new equipment rather quickly, which was a good thing to see, although the sonic tech was still something he saw being a potential issue in the future. The moment he was recorded by the enemy in the field they'd have equipment to counter it, he only wondered how long they'd be able to exploit the hole.

Lauren was finally finishing her reports up and prepping to clock out when her slab went off the fritz with emergency medical warnings which she translated to "someone did something stupid". She was on the verge of slamming the table when she remembered Marble spooked easy, and he'd decided to keep her company while she worked, since sleep evaded him most nights. His blank white eyes looked up with what she felt as concern, he was all too familiar with the blaring sound of a panic. Lauren reassured him with a quiet nod and she stood, swinging her labcoat back on and calmly but swiftly making her way to the Medbay, Marble thundering in tow.

She arrived to find a lot of blood she really didn't want to clean and the perpetrator of the crime, the newest revived natural fresh from her first combat training, which went about as well as she was sure it was supposed to.

"Ms. Spade, I do recall quite clearly in your files that you weren't cleared for physical sparring considering you've had a chance to train properly with the team. I know that you could probably get away with street-brawl tactics in your past life, but here I'm afraid it will only get you so far. You're really quite lucky you were dealing with a fellow amateur." She shooed away the nurses who were panicking for no goddamn reason as Marble seated his massive frame in the doorway, giving only a gentle wave to the two combatants as his body began to absorb the blood around him, turning the edges of his stone form red. Lauren got Laura seated on the medical bench, setting her shoulder upright and electrifying the nerves around the wound to numb them, snapping her fingers as the room started to hum and suture equipment floated to her of its own accord. She gave the sharp glance of a maternal figure to Valk.

"And you! Sparring equipment exists for a reason. If you're so hellbent on showing off your new toys do so with something that doesn't bleed when you cut it. I don't give a damn if you two are both consenting adults I don't want to have to come in and patch you up every time you feel like going in for two rounds. Am I entirely understood?"

SK, who'd been quietly maintaining watch of the situation from the other side of the bay, swallowed heavily. Even though he was considered the most lethal person in the building, there was something about Lauren that could put the fear of god into him. He always blamed it on the glare. Even still, this was technically his blunder, so he carefully placed a hand over his important region before speaking.

"Hey, Zips, don't take it out on them, they're just getting into the swing of things. I had the whole situation under control, I was watching them the whol-"

"You what?" Lauren's levitating stitch needles froze in place as her penance stare changed targets. SK visibly attempted to pull a Dante and smoke bomb the place with the tensing of his muscles.

"You're telling me you literally watched the two of them break I don't even know how many protocols so you could see them in action? Test their mettle, figure out their strengths and weaknesses? You know we have formal tests for that right? You helped design them!" SK desperately tried to shrivel into the wall, Marble's eyes squinted with a sympathy only a CI3 would truly understand. The wrath of an angry medic who dealt with much too many bloody incidents.

"I'm sorry La-"

"No sorry! Don't feed me that bullshit! You apologize to her! She's the one who got stabbed!" Lauren's emotional fervor caused her needles to move a little hastily, and the thread soon dissolved into the flesh, boosting her natural recovery as her body eventually figured out how to put itself back together. The needles returned to the kit, the kit returned to the cupboard, the hum died. Lauren crossed her arms, waiting. SK sighed.

"Laura, I'm sorry I wasn't more concerned with your safety." It was a genuine apology, or at least enough of one to keep Lauren from tazing him on the spot. Marble had sopped up all the blood in the meantime, finding something to do was always a specialty of his. Lauren sighed out the last of her fury and addressed Spade.

"That better? You gotta watch the hands hun, they tell everything. Eyes can cheat, words can too, but someone's hands will tell you exactly what they're up to." She produced one of Valk's knives from behind her back, twirling it across her fingers.

"Well, unless you're me, that is."

Lexielai Lexielai SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Gunny Gunny

"Right.." Valk said to Laura in response, watching her begin to tear off her clothing for a makeshift bandage. He made little effort to help her otherwise, since her only request had been for him to follow.

The moment she began to move, his attention went elsewhere; already beginning to untangle the mess that his hookshot had become from the close combat. If it weren't for the fact that the material of his suit protected against most cuts, the barbs of the hook surely would have left his hand with cuts bleeding in every other direction. Valk picked his helmet off the floor, tucking it into his arm so that he still had both hands to toy with his tool.

While Valk's attention was directed to the hook, he was sure to follow his injured comrade as she made her way down the hall, taking short upward glances away from his tool to know that he wasn't going to be running into a wall anytime soon.

Valk thought nothing of the two of them finally making their way to the medbay, hoping that the nurses would just quickly patch up her wound and take a look at his shoulder for possible fractures. Or it could have just be a gnarly bruise, it wasn't giving him very much pain at the moment, but who was he to tell. As Laura was seated and tended to, Valk stuck to himself and anchored to the wall just outside the door.

All seemed well to him, at least until Lauren and the hulking form of Marble entered the room. The moment she had, the ceaseless panic only seemed to intensify, and that was coming only from her. He amusingly watched her raise her voice to her new patient, at least until she referred to Valk as a fellow amateur. His face turning sour, he held his tongue, thinking it may not be the best time to distract her. "Pfft.. amateur.. alright then."

He turned to Marble, who had placed himself in the hall to 'clean' up the trail of blood that Laura had left behind. The creature had already begun to absorb the viscous liquid, giving Valk an idea. Looking at the two bloody gauntlets he had equipped, he quickly, but gently, pressed the palms of his hands on the figure's body. As expected, the blood around his fingers began to slowly seep away and sink into Marble's form.

"AND YOU! Valk flinched closer to Marble, slowly turning his head over his shoulder and as expected, Lauren was glaring straight through him. She began to speak and berate him for his actions, to which he responded with a roll of his eyes. "First of all, Laura's a her. Not an it" Where the hell his argument came from, not even he was very sure. He wasn't even sure why he made a big deal about something so trivial. Valk removed his hands from Marble, crossing them over his chest. "You don't ever let me train against anything besides those damn bots. Besides, us getting hurt gives you something to do besides sit around." He argued with Lauren like a child arguing with its mother, his own glare hardly being intimidating.

The familiar voice of SK from the other side of the room butt into the conversation. And just as Valk had expected, even more screaming as Lauren tended to Laura. "God, it was annoying,," But what was he to do. Arguing with her just made the room louder, the irony being that he had just about been ready to begin screaming at her too.

As soon as Lauren began talking to Laura, Valk assumed it was safe for him to finally make an appearance. With the untangled bloody hook in hand, he pushed himself off the wall and began his walk inside. He grabbed the attention of one of the other nurses, one that hadn't noticed to be tending to Laura or anyone else at the moment. "Hey, mind checking up on something for me?" His voice was low, hoping to avoid confrontation with Lauren for the moment. By the looks of it, SK couldn't care less as long as Lauren didn't skin him alive, so getting his attention wasn't something too heavy to worry about.

Placing his helmet on a table, Valk also began to lean on top of the metal counter, arms resting atop. WIth his back turned to Laura, Lauren, and SK, the nurse peeled back the armor covering his shoulder to reveal the injury. There was no external bleeding, but to the nurse's surprise, a large circular bruise had already begun to form on his left shoulder. It was about four inches in diameter, and had an unnatural purple tone to it. The nurse's light touched to the area caused minor pain to Valk, determining that there may be a problem beneath the skin that they couldn't quite see. She looked to Lauren for help, quickly speaking in fear of cutting off the doctor.

"Doc, you may have to run an x-ray on this one after." It was only a suggestion, the nurse pointing to the injury so Lauren could make a visual assessment of her own. "But his situation is much less severe at the moment."

"Oh joy.. Why did I think I could walk in here without getting too much attention..?"

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

Last edited:
Cecilia saw that Brie had no interest in the testing that Hunter had mentioned. For the first time in a while...she was drawing blanks on what to do. She looked around the lounge area, then got the idea to walk down to the sparring arena and see who might be there.

Cecilia looked to Brie, informing her that she would check out the observation deck herself and the sparring arena. With a somewhat slow pace, Cecilia walked out of the lounge, turning a few corners as she was headed for the observation area

SniperBus SniperBus

Lovette scowled as she listened to Lyra's spiel, gripping her jacket tighter as the girl passed her up and reached the door. "Family? Nah, nothing like that. And even if I did, what would it matter protecting them anymore? They'd never see me again, they think I'm six feet under. Besides, we're never gonna get let outta this joint. Once we've served our purpose, once this war is won, they'll put a bullet in our brains. One that isn't gonna bring us back this time around." She pointed her finger to her head and pretended to pull the trigger. "Better to put us outta commission permanently than deal with multiple liabilities should any of us try and escape." She smirked.

"We're on borrowed time, and I don't wanna waste mine worrying about people who ain't gonna think twice about me." She brushed passed Lyra. "Worry about your own, if you're lucky my smoking and drinking habits will kill me before we actually start fighting." Lovette exited the pool area in a huff, Lyra's words seemingly having struck a cord with her.

"Good grief, can't catch a minute of silence in this place." She grumbled as she marched down the main hallway.

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

Ezra "Flux" Rayark | Kitchen | Gradous13 Gradous13

Hmmmmm, what should I eat, what should I eat...? Ezra tapped a finger on his helmet as he rounded the corner into the living room. He had training later on today, so maybe a lighter meal would be best for him, followed by a big dinner afterwards. He wasn't sure what was on the regimen today. They'd taken away his babies, so maybe it was mental gymnastics today? Bleh... Ezra hated mental training. He wasn't that smart, so many of the training methods require him to think really hard which absolutely wipes him out. He always wondered why - if the bullet could repair tissue and make him stronger and give him freaky mutant powers - just why couldn't it have also given him a few extra brain cells? If he were smarter, moving metal shit around would be as easy as... as easy as... ah, about as easy as Lovette chews through stone like bubblegum! Man, the naturals and the augmented had it easy. No thinking required, y'know? Just a little punching and kicking, maybe pulling a trigger here and there and the fight is won.

Ezra greeted the units left in the kitchen with a lazy wave and a bracey smile. Technically he didn't need braces anymore - the bullet fixed him right up, as well as any cosmetic flaws he might have had. He never got around to getting them taken off, though. Apparently his parents hadn't either when they gave the mandate to bury him. He was glad they decided on a simple burial though. His family had a long history of donating organs and cremating any remains. Now that he thought about, why did they put him in a box instead a nice urn?

In any case, Ezra opened the freezer and started perusing the variety of frozen meals stacked within. Suffice to say, he wasn't very impressed with what laid before him. They were out of his favorite meal! They'd need to go shopping soon. And by "they" he meant the people who went out and got them the food. Not himself. He wasn't allowed to go outside beyond any missions. Oh, the wonderful restrictions of being the government's precious pet. Fortunately enough, Ezra wasn't a very picky eater. "Chicken masala... sesame ginger wild salmon... pa-" Ezra was reading off the names of the dishes before stopping at one that he couldn't quite pronounce. "Pa-pesta... pasta... primawhatnow?? Whatever, I'll just choose this one..." He opted for the italian looking pasta dish and closed the fridge, shifting over to the microwave to heat it up.

About a minute remained until he could eat. Coming to the kitchen was always a workout. He had to make sure to constantly manage his polarity so as to not screw up the place. Whenever he felt like he was making no progress coming to terms with his abilities, the fact that he could walk out of the kitchen without any new holes brought him at least a little closure. When he first arrive about close to two years ago he was too afraid to even step foot in the kitchen. Another one of his team members showed up in the kitchen for a meal. It was Three. This was yet another companion that he'd only spoken to occasionally. Ezra'd tried, of course. Most of the time he was just ignored, though, like with half of his of team. He'd gotten used to the sting of rejection. Besides, unlike with Green, who had a sort of pretty good reason for avoiding others being that he can like, burn through flesh and all, Dreizehn just scared Ezra. Always talking about killing and morbid stuff like that... Ezra feared he might be the one who got killed had he made the mistake of getting on his bad side.

He was genuinely shocked when Three was the one to initiate a conversation with him. "W-woah!" He exclaimed, fumbling over his words a bit, actually looking around to make sure he was talking to him. "M-me?" Figure's he wouldn't remember. "Um, they call me Flux. My name is Ezra." The microwave beeped and Ezra practically leapt over to it, fetching his not-so-frozen meal out of the enclosure. There was a lull in the conversation, awkward silence taking its seat at the table. Ezra looked on as the man began preparations for a whatever it was he was trying to cook. Ezra never learned how to cook. His parents spoiled him rotten, and now the government provided food for him. He didn't learn because he didn't have to. "...d-do you really not remember me, Three?" Ezra asked. At the realization that he might have made his first blunder, he said his next words in a flurry. "Oh! Sorry! I call you 'Three' in my mind since 'drei' means 'three' in german. It just kinda slipped out. Sorry, I won't make that mistake again!" Ezra bowed deeply. Really, the way he was acting, one might've thought poor Dreizehn was some kind of demon overlord or something...

Last edited:
Laura Spade

Laura’s senses were a haze. She heard murmurs and sounds around her, and raised voices pitched in heated arguments. But she didn’t make much of it, instead lost in her own breathing. Even as Lauren patched her up, Laura felt distant to her surroundings.

She was just lost in her sensations. They were painful, yes, but they were also intense. Laura didn’t know why they were so enthralling, or why it felt so surreal. Only that the feeling of breathing, hurting, seeing, smelling, hearing, and feeling...it was overwhelming. The words in her ears were muffled like she was underwater, yet, as the pain faded away and Lauren completed her work, the voices slowly started to become louder and more clear.

It was still too much. The pounding of her heart in her ear, even as it slowed, seemed to permeate the room. Meanwhile there was the smell of her blood in her air, and the scent of Lauren’s conditioner wafting into her nose. Her eyes looked up to blankly make eye contact with Lauren as the doctor addressed her.

"That better? You gotta watch the hands hun, they tell everything. Eyes can cheat, words can too, but someone's hands will tell you exactly what they're up to."

Laura looked at her hands. They were unnaturally still, and pale as death. If what Lauren said was true, she thought to herself, then what did her hands tell? Choosing to ponder that later, Laura felt a sudden urge to smile when she processed Lauren’s scolding tone.

“Thank you,” she said, finding the words easy to come by. Laura didn’t know why she felt this way either; only that it felt nice to be chided for getting herself hurt. Overcome by the strangeness her feelings, Laura ended up staring at Lauren the way she usually did: unflinchingly.

Last edited:
Wirt jutted out his chin in indignation. Flux should have to say sorry to him. He listened to Jarrell’s reasoning with half an ear. Flux was older. He should have been able to help himself. Wirt gave an affirmative mumble to Jarrell. Desperate to stay in his favorite person’s good graces, Wirt would apologize, but that did not mean it would be heartfelt in any way. His mind was set. At the moment at least.

As Jarrell sweetened the pot, Wirt brightened. “Yes! Yes!” He exclaimed with a giddy grin. He loved Jarell’s pictures. Last time he drew the twins with moustaches. Well, actually, to be exact, Lyra was the only one with a moustache. Lila had one big eyebrow. It was big and furry. It was like a moustache for her head. Jarrell called it a unibrow. This time though, Wirt wanted him to draw a crab. A crab with something, doing something. They had such funny walks. “Deal!”

Wirt took a deep breath in preparation of a swift apology, but as he looked over his shoulder, he realized Flux was no longer there. He furrowed his brow. Oh well. Later.

The loud coughs were something Wirt paid little attention to. They were not uncommon. Wirt had no reason to believe that they might in fact be painful or discomforting. He supposed that they simply made his friend sleepy. After all, that is what he looked to be now.

Wirt stared at Margaret as she spoke softly. She had a pretty voice. He was pleased with his find. Wirt bobbed his head happily, now he had both her and Jarrell.

LadyMatsudai LadyMatsudai Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

Jarrell shifted in his boots, looking to the side as he felt the pitiful eyes linger on him.

He sighed softly, hiccuping as he held back another cough, the mask letting out another low hiss of decompressed air. He felt sick all of a sudden. "Haa... Well, as much as I like getting cared for by pretty women, I already got done with a session in the medbay earlier..." shrugging his shoulders, "Besides, I don't think it's something you, or anyone, can fix. Been like this since I woke up, even with all their help nothing's changed. Maybe it's just bad luck. Wouldn't be the first time. It can suck a whole lot sometimes, especially waking up in the mornings, but I'm used to it anyhow. Er, thanks though..."

Stumbling the last words, Jarrell quickly tried to hide his growing discomfort by reclining deeper into the bundle of cloth.

He found it hard to speak these kinds of people, the type who want to help the needy, no matter who or what it was. This was a completely different attitude than himself. Where he lived, it was do or die. It was dog against dog in the dark alleys, and those who got caught sleeping with their eyes closed and belly exposed got eaten. Sometimes you had to step on innocent people to even survive, knowing fully well they were on the final strike to eviction or that they had a starving family to feed. He was no stranger to injustice and unfairness, having watched terrible things go under his nose and doing nothing about it, and also being on the receiving end of the indifference. Just because he was a dog, didn't mean he needed to be treated like one. Why can't a person be happy being in pain, or be content with their shitty meaningless lives? Someone like her wouldn't understand. Not to mention an overachiever like a doctor wouldn't want to hear about his deplorable habit of always committing to the worst life choices. She probably worked her heart out and went through all sorts of bullshit to get where she was, while on the other hand, he purposefully threw all chances of anything he might've had. Although a person's profession shouldn't determine the merit of their personality, it was a pretty good shot in the dark. He was a low-life who made money through scamming other people, and low and behold, he was rotten on the inside. Even outside. If only she knew the truth, there was no way she would continue to offer such kindness.

He felt more and more sick just thinking about the pitiful look.

I don't belong with these people...

Jarrell stared down at the ground with these thoughts swirling in his head, and before he even knew it, he was coughing and hacking once again. It was much harsher this time, a gurgling mixed between each painful forced expulsion, as though he was choking on liquid. But in reality, it was all just an act. He was pulling whatever excuse in order to leave as soon as possible. And he was no stranger to bluffing his way out of a situation.

"Look..." he muttered, "I'd love to hang and chat some more, but the medicine's getting to me...maybe some other day." and with a half step, he started past them down the hall, "Don't bother helping me. I can make it on my own..."

Last edited:
Drei prepped his food while listening to what Ezra, or "Flux" had to say. The young man was verry timid by his presence so Drei decided to break the ice between them, to show that in no way did he mean harm so he stopped briefly in his work to gather his thoughts before breaking the silence and continued, "I apologize, Ezra, or do you prefer Flux? Yes I remember you however I've never been good with names, Only every now and again do I remember them, faces... faces are what I remember clearly" He told Ezra, his voice calm and deep, "And dont feel the need to apologize about the name, it's quite alright, however, I would like you to, if you don't mind, calling me Otto." Drei cleared his throat as he put a couple chicken breasts on the grill which sizzled and hissed upon contact, he put a dash of italian seasoning with a hint of red pepper powder atop the chicken while it cooked. In the meantime he would stir the already going white sauce which he added a little Pinot Grigio and cut fresh mushrooms into thin slices and break apart a few garlic cloves before he sautéed them as well as break up parsley and finely slice a few chives "So, tell me about yourself, what did you do before...all this? Everyone has something to tell, however if you don't want to I won't hold it against you."

Otto tossed the garlic and mushrooms a few times before adding them to the sauce which would be followed by him turning over the nearly cooked poultry. It had been some time since he was able to eat a great meal. When the chicken was done plated the food, the sauce was put on lightly but not to light and was then garnished with some parsley and chives. "Here..." Otto said and placed one of the plates he made in front of Ezra along with a knife and fork "Its been a long time since I've been able to cook for someone, I think you might enjoy that more than what you're currently eating" Otto hoped that this would clam Ezra as this was really the first civilized conversation he would have between him and another squad mate...

zenguardian zenguardian

Last edited:
It did not register at first but recognizing Green Kid called her 'pretty' made Margaret immediately start to show color on her cheeks to the compliment, trying her best to keep herself composed. It had been quite some time that anyone called her pretty without trying to get something out of it. It was a...pleasant surprise that she welcomed. Upon the mention it wasn't something that could be fixed, Margaret shook her head reassuringly. "I can understand...but I can at least try to help reduce the discomfort for you," she insisted, watching Jarrell start to migrate to the door to walk out. But her offer seemed to fall on deaf ears as she watched Jarrell walk off to end the conversation and be by himself. A deep sigh escaped the doctor's lips before shaking her head, glancing back up towards Wirt with a soft smile and held out her hand.

"Come on, big guy. Let's go find some of the others," she encouraged.

whitepaperplates whitepaperplates Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf

hound_post_icon_by_richperry-db6zhyo.png
Hound continued his happy stomping, welcoming the cooling spray as it covered him. Between his playful barks, he caught a whiff of smoke and looked around the pool, but whoever had been smoking had come by quickly and disappeared into one of the changing rooms, and he watched as Lyra got out of the pool and wandered into the women's. Shortly after, Lovette and Lyra could be seen making an exit, and Hound suddenly stopped his playing.

Lyra was mean, yes, but Lovette was really, really mean. Her punches hurt a lot, and he didn't like being around her as anything he did seemed to make her angry. He carefully titled to one side, trying to slide Lila off his back and into the pool so that he could shake himself off and leave, but mid-tilt he heard a horrible high-pitched noise, quietly sounding from somewhere else in the base. He paused, his entire body titled to the left as he waited for something to happen. After a while, he picked up the scent of blood in the air, mixed in with all the other units he could pick up wandering around the compound.

Hound was unnerved. He started to whimper lightly, he didn't like anyone he knew getting hurt. Lovette had already left, so it was safe for him to make a move. Without thinking about whether Lila had got off his back or not, he promptly strode out of the pool without shaking himself dry and, following the scent, turned into the corridor. He could see and smell Wirt down the way, and Jarrell was coming down the corridor towards him. There was a new woman, someone he didn't recognise, talking to the overgrown. But the scent of blood was coming from beyond them, and he trotted past the small group with a "huff" of greeting.

Marble was sat outside the medbay, and it was him who smelled of blood. Marble didn't usually smell of blood, which confused Hound, so he walked up to the stone figure and, giving a small bark, sniffed him deeply. He caught a whiff of the same blood from within the medbay, and he looked in to see Valk and another new woman sitting within being tended to by the medical personnel. SK was also in there, which confused him even more. Unable to contain his worry, he whimpered through the door, unsure of what was going on and why people were hurt. The medical people were nice, they may help him understand.

Interactions & Mentions
TheLoneRook TheLoneRook SniperBus SniperBus LadyMatsudai LadyMatsudai Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf whitepaperplates whitepaperplates Lexielai Lexielai Gunny Gunny SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

Lovette luckily made it into her room while avoiding any more interactions with any of her 'roommates.' She tossed her jacket onto her bed and leaned up against her door. She stared over at her stockpiled bottles and sneered at the sight. "I really do got a problem, huh?" she huffed as she pushed herself off the bed and stepped over to the glass bottles strewn about.

"Heh, if only she could see how bad this habit has gotten." Lovette chuckled to herself as she leaned down in front of the bottles, stacking them in different formations. "She'd be piiiiissed." She said, her melancholy mood apparent in her tone. Once the bottles were neatly stacked together she pulled herself up onto her bed and brought her jacket close, gripping it tightly.

"Yeah.... heheh..." She frowned as her grip tightened on the jacket collar.

As Cecilia walked down the hallway, she looked up to the wall clocks, raising an eyebrow curiously. The time was nearing what was supposed to be nighttime. Sighing, she had go of what she was doing. She made a detour to her quarters. Upon entering, she closed her door, cleaning up her work stations and making sure everything was properly arrange. Going to her wardrobe, she got changed into a simple nighthgown to sleep i. For Cecilia at least, it was rather easy for her to fall and stay asleep. Getting in bed, she stared up at the ceiling for a few moments before closing her eyes

The rest of the night was an absolute blur. Whether Lovette actually fell asleep was up for debate, but by the time she'd realized her surroundings, she was aboard an airship heading off towards China with a group of Echochamber's goons and mutants. She eyed each of her 'teammates' for the mission and let out an audible groan as she adjusted the earpiece she'd been provided.

She tilted her head towards the ceiling and closed her eyes, letting out another groan as she gripped her seat. "I hate planes.." She muttered to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back