• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Genesis Bullet (Detailed, Accepting)

TheLoneRook

Death's Secretary
GENESIS BULLET: RELOADED

Jim Conway sits alone at a cold metal desk in what used to be an interrogation room. His office would normally be a much more fitting place to work, but it’s filled with paperwork for things he isn’t concerned about and more importantly, Donna refuses to leave him alone, berating him constantly about his sleep schedule. His form breaks over a stack of files strewn across the space, scouring every detail and scribbling up his assessments on a blank page in the center. A knock hits the door like a hammer to a gong and Conway shoots up.

“Get in here.”

A man clad in a suit of metal mesh and circuitry flows into the room as the door shuts behind him, his eyes hidden beneath the brim of his baseball cap.

“How are they?”

“Tired. Physical training went long since Valentine refused to cooperate with the team drill, but they’re getting better.”

“Wirt?”

“Sleeping, he switched to Jarrell today and that was something to witness. Kid almost had a fit.”

“He didn’t try anything either? I’m shocked.”

“Well the twins were there and they do a good job of making sure everyone’s playing by the rules.”

“Dante and Dorian?”

“Doing what they do best.”

“Fighting?”

“Hide and seek.”

“Of course...the others?”

“Cecilia and Valk were playing with their toys last I checked, Luck’s pretending she’s asleep, probably tinkering with Chance, not sure. Hunter’s reading, Lovette and Jarrell are…the way that they are.”

Jim nodded, collecting his files as he pushed his chair back, raising his head to the board in front of him. Maps, strike points, targets, the beginnings of a new era. He took a deep breath.

“You think they’re ready?”

“I think they’re a band of misfits we handed guns and superpowers to, but they can do it.”

“That’s not what I asked Rob.”

“Well what you asked doesn’t have an answer, not when we haven’t even put them in the field. We have to see them flex before we can ever get a sense of what they’re capable of. You know that.” Jim sighed, pulling himself to his feet.

“I’ll start prepping the operations, getting things in order.”

“They’ll be ready, Jim.”

Like a carcass tossed onto a floaty, Lyra drifted across the pool to and fro, flopping along to the cacophony of Lila ranting about the oversaturation of low-quality truffles in today’s market. It was all Lyra could do not to fall asleep to her soothing tangent. Marble, an older overgrown made entirely of...marble, was using his massive size to create a nice little tide pool with his arms. Lots of people avoided him since he was a bit frightening to look at, but Lyra got along well with him after they shared a soda, he ate the can. Her feet dangled against the waves and she practiced her aim with icecubes from the cooler she drug along with her, flinging them at Marble’s forehead for the satisfying *clack*. He didn’t seem to mind, then again she wasn’t even sure if he could feel it, or even see them coming. He just kept the waves going, like a well-oiled machine made of rocks and…other shit.

“Why are you swimming in a hoodie?” Jimmy sat in the doorway to the pool room, looking as exhausted as ever. Lyra shrugged, crossing her legs.

“Why is there an oversaturation of low-quality truffles in the modern day marketplace?” This made Jimmy sigh.

“Touche. Marble, Lauren needs you up top, you’re overdue for your checkup.” Marble, though clearly not excited about this as his eyes squinted at the peak of his emotional output, thundered his way out of the pool, leaving the last of his epic waves as he left. He waved his solemn goodbye to the twins and followed Jimmy out. Lyra pouted as the water began to still and her propulsion promptly ceased.

“Well, my life just got significantly less interesting. Lila darling, I feel as though I’m slipping into madness, please for the love of god stop talking about truffles.”

Dante finished his workout earlier than he’d expected, setting all the weights back in place and making sure the truck was sitting next to the wrecking ball so that Lovette could do her supersets when she came in. He knew he’d done a good job considering the entire room was pretty much in a thick haze, but he never really felt tired much anymore, compliments to his hardworking efficiency system he’d picked up for the small price of a bullet to the chest. The scar was nowhere to be found, so he couldn’t exactly brag to the ladies, but then again the only ladies he could brag to were...interesting. Part of him wondered if he could manage a dating life once this was all over, but the other part of him reminded him that he was a walking super-vape and that was a trend he did not see coming back any time soon. He sighed, maintaining a bit of optimism in that chicks dig superheroes and going on with the rest of his day, making sure to hit the fan before he left.

He steamed his way back to the kitchen, pulling out some dragonfruits he requested special from Guam for the smoothie of a lifetime. If he were to put his favorite things on a list the first would be smoothies and the second would probably be sex. Probably. S’mores are also a strong competitor. While he was blending he scanned for anyone around, waved to Marble as he passed through. Quiet guy, for a living boulder.

SniperBus SniperBus TheLoneRook TheLoneRook Euclid Leaf Euclid Leaf whitepaperplates whitepaperplates Gunny Gunny SentinelSevn SentinelSevn FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Gabe Gabe HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Gradous13 Gradous13

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lovette watched as Dante strolled out of the gym. She passed by without a word, gripping tightly at her yellow jacket for a moment out of instinct. She had no real reason to believe he, or anyone in this building, would touch any of her belongings given her outward appearance and attitude, but it never hurts to be cautious.

Once inside the gym, she immediately waltzed over to her favorite punching bag. The wrecking ball. The thing was riddled with dents that she and the others had caused, and she couldn't help but grin at the handiwork. She tied the sleeves of her jacket around her neck and cracked her knuckles before sending her first punch into the steel ball. The *CLANG* that echoed through the room was like music to her ears.

And just like that, she was off, sending a flurry of fist after fist into the wrecking ball with the room now filling with the resonance of her workout. It was the only thing she really found solace in, in this god forsaken facility she now called 'home.'

Above the door to one of the personal quarters, a sign with red letters spelling the word "ACTIVE" were lit up. If someone were to disregard that warning....well, lets just say clearing up the remains of their body could be accomplished with a broom and dustpan.

The sound of metal hitting metal rang through the room as Cecilia watched the slab of metal take form. Her skin was a light orange color and already in the process of fading. Strewn around the room were other metal creations from working gear assemblies to sculptures. In the background, music played. Some old classic rock stuff.

The girl was wearing a simple plain white tank top and cargo shorts, specially designed for her like the rest of her wardrobe. The fabric was fire resistant to an extreme measure, which eliminated Cecilia's concern of spontaneously becoming nude in public.

Cecilia had recently returned from physical training, having been put through several stress inducing courses. She didnt think too much of them, though a few stuck to her. Mainly the one where they threw her into a room where it was freezing cold and gave her targets to fight. She barely managed to heat herself up rather than blowing fire like she normally did.

In the corner of the room in a fire resistant sheath was her sword. In her first few days in CI4, she was given permission to create her own weapon since none of the pre-made weapons could handle the immense heat Cecilia radiated. Most of them melted after just a couple of minutes under pressure. Ever since then, she hadnt used another weapon let alone at least pick one up.

Out of everything that was offered in this underground facility, forging was the only truly relaxing activity Cecilia indulged in.

The sounds of foodstuffs being rummaged through, added to the ambient noise of the blender as Nocturne searched frantically. "Where the fuck is it.... Where the Fuck is it... the Fuckers said they just brought in a new shipment of the good stuff last night..." He mumbled, before slamming the fridge shut, and moving to the cabinets. Several moments passed in silence, the only sounds being the blender and the occasional drip of condensation formed from his fellow Natural's vaporal nature. Finally after several more seconds, the mutant slammed the cabinet shut, a look of what could only be described as rage as he stood there holding in his hands a box of Cuban cigars and a bottle of vodka, his pupilless right eye twitching. "Is... Is this some kind of a Joke?! Because if it is, IT ISN'T FUCKING FUNNY..." he growled tossing the offending items in the waste bin. "HOW DARE THEY BRING ME STOGIES AND BOOZE MADE BY COMMIES!"

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

Dante kept to himself but couldn't help chuckling as he swigged down his smoothie while Dorian slowly lost his mind over some cubans and a bottle of goose.

"Noc, easy, I know russians are the enemy but the guy who made that bottle is probably just trying to feed his donkey or something," he mused, sitting his glass down on the island. Dorian was a gentle creature at heart, but something something don't mess with the one thing a man likes. He knew that if anyone tampered with his precious fruits he'd probably revert to physical violence so he didn't feel the need to really scold his comrade's behavior all that much. Instead he tried to redirect the situation, tactically, like whatever shit SK kept going on about in their stratagem class, or something. He snagged a bottle of dark rum from his side of the liquor cabinets and slid it over.

"I'll put it on your tab."

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

"Okay, starting autopsy of subject..." the young doctor ruffled some papers, "Theta-Three-Four, formerly known as Thompson, Anthony." With a tap on the air - more precisely on the HUD integrated on his eye, his Triad whirred to life, circling the table with the deformed man, and started the dissection. "Subject started developing rejection to the Genesis bullet roughly two hours after being struck. Vitals were fluctuating right after reanimation, with severe convulsions and what appeared of rock-like tissue starting covering his body. Alpha, would you mind extracting some of the rock tissue for me, please?" The drone's scalpel tried to cut it, failed, and grabbed a saw from the nearby auxiliary table. When that failed, he finally grabbed a hammer and chisel, breaking apart a sample of the rock like skin of the body. "Thank you, Alpha." Hunter took the tissue to a microscope. "Upon analysis of the tissue, the subject could be classified as an Overgrown, if the mutation was successful. The bullet started rewriting the subject's DNA to create harder skin, to the point of making it rock like." Hunter raised his head, and pulling his HUD again, brought up the poor fellow's medical records. "I see..." He dismissed the records back and approached the corpse. Opening the chest area with a scalpel, he and the drones opened the body's chest and abdomen area. "Due to a hereditary propensity to melanoma, the subject's skin instantly started growing severe tumors right under where the rock tissue grew. The skin should be able to collapse and regrow because of the Bullet, however, the tumors prevented the regrowth, and because of that, the body started to breakdown." He started checking if the internal organs were damaged as well. "All internal organs are fine, save from the liver and large intestine, which were damaged by the growth as well. Cause of death was multiple organ failure." He sighed and took of his gloves. "Wrap him up, boys, I'll go to my room. Gotta catch up Iron Fist's new episode." The bots chirped and started closing the body.

Hunter took of his medical gown, cap and gloves, and started walking back to his room. He stopped and walked to the kitchen to get something to eat while watching, maybe some chips and soda, who knows. The man opened the door to see a distraught looking Nocturne and a smoothie-sipping Dante already on the place. His HUD picked up the signal of the two, and displayed their heartbeat right as he entered the kitchen. The pantry was completely rummaged over, and most of the stuff were on the floor. Hunter grabbed a sour cream flavored chips on the floor. "What's the problem, Nocturne? You're over 200 BPM."
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

Last edited by a moderator:
In this perfect moment, floating on the pool, Lila closed her eyes as she continued to ramble on about the lowering quality of truffles and how great they must've been hundreds of years ago. Truthfully, she didn't even know what she was saying. But she spoke with such passion, such vigor and conviction, that she knew that what she was saying was probably completely wrong, but she didn't care. Marble came and went, but her passion for truffles lived on, she brought up point after point on how this could be a symptom of the something or other, and how it had ties to market scandals in the past, until finally she was brought to her senses-

"Lila darling, I feel as though I’m slipping into madness, please for the love of god stop talking about truffles.”

Lila blinked, then blinked several more times, her train of thought completely suplexed off of its rails. She paused for several moments, considering what Lyra had said. She looked at her hand, wrinkly from all the time spent floating in water. "Aight". She grabbed the edge of the pool and pulled herself out of it, the hoodie she was wearing gushing out insane amounts of water onto the stone sidewalk. She grabbed a towel from her bag and wrapped it around her midsection, and after that she took out her A.E.E device to listen on to the gentle happenings of the night.

She sat back against the wall, tilted her head back, and listened to the sounds of a perfectly oiled war machine at work.
TheLoneRook TheLoneRook
Brie was confounded. She could've sworn she'd fallen asleep in her room, cuddling up next to her motorcycle, listening to bad jazz music playing on her CI4 issued radio. Yet, here she was, in the middle of the observation room for the Arena, completely alone. She patted her pockets- still had everything. She looked around, and unsurprisingly, no one was in sight. What in the hell..

Her bare feet slid across the pavement, and she started walking quickly back to her room. Does someone know my passcode? Her lips were pressed to the side of her face, the way they always were when she was thinking intently. Brie cast her gaze around the empty main hallway, spotting nothing but guards. No other mutants to be accounted for. She kept walking cautiously, peering around every corner she came across.

Wouldn't I have just woken up if someone tried to move me, though? Reasoning slowly decayed into panic. Was I drugged? Brie was now at the door to Cecilia's room, and her eyebrows were pressed tightly together, trying to figure out the mystery. She shook her head and relaxed her lips. Clunk clunk clunk. "Hey, Ceciliaaaa? Can you stop being so damn hot for about twenty seconds and let me in, please?"

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

"Oi. How much longer til you've fixed what you need to fix?" The sparring room's mechanics whirred to life; lights dimming, and the panels of the floor sliding out of place as grey concrete pillars rose from the ground. The voice, assumingly rougher and careless from the few words spoken, was hardly loud enough to hear over the shifting gears, but it was not volume was hardly necessary when speaking to someone a mere three or four paces away.

"Just a few minor adjustments here and there for efficiency. The faster you can get your blade to release and retra-" A voice quite unlike the other, this one much higher pitched yet still holding a masculine tone, cut abruptly by the other voice's sharper tone.

"Yadda yadda, I could care less about your mechanics and shit. I just want to know if it's done." Rude, one may say. The way he speaks it was as if he could care less what the other had to say. But it was the truth after all; it was a meeting between an experimental unit and an individual tasked to suit the group in the most efficient weaponry possible. Another weapons check was not something that Valk necessarily cared too highly for.

"Eh.. mm.. It's done." The weapon in his hands looked far less from a weapon, more reminiscent of a heavy glove or even a knight's gauntlet. The armor covered from the very tips of the wearer's fingers up until about an inch or two from the joint of the elbow, with the widest portion being the meatier sections of the forearm.

The weapon was snatched from the researcher's hands as quick as it was brought up, and quickly fitted to Valk's arm. "Finally, for fuck's sake.." Words muttered under his breath, he brought his right hand up a few inches from his face, and made a subtle examination of the changes. "Well I hope this thing doesn't screw up too bad this time around.." Flicking his hand down to his side, the sound of metal clicking in place signaled the release of the inner mechanisms of the glove. About as fast as one would take to blink, three sections of a blade snapped out from within the forearm of the glove, and snapped into place with the base forming right into Valk's palm.

The blade itself was still connected to the glove at the base, where the handguard of a usual sword being right where the blade made contact with the wearer's wrist. The blade was slightly duller at the edge where the wearer made contact with their palm, and became increasingly sharp once the length of the blade extended past the user's grasp.

The same motion was made with Valk's left hand, and a blade released from a similarly made glove. Taking a moment to admire the simple changes, Valk figured he should at least give the researcher some commentary on the suit. "The blades released a bit earlier than before, so for your efficiency, I guess that's a pass."

The researcher's mouth opened just slightly to give a response, but again was cut short by the sound of an alarm filling the room. Valk took that as a sign that the practice had begun, and instantly dashed into the darkness without giving the researcher a second look. Again, rude.. Very rude, actually.

----- -----

The robotic whir of a cooling fan hummed in the darkness, belonging to a false robotic foe armed with unique ammunition. Seeing as this was a training exercise, the ammunition was manufactured to trigger an alarm when making direct contact with the target, signaling the end of the training. Meaning? Valk couldn't get hit, not once, during the entire exercise. But luckily for him, the robot's had a set path the walk around.

The sudden sound of a blade piercing metal echoed in the silence of the training room, bouncing off the concrete pillars. It was followed by the sound a metal figure slumping to the ground, near the feet of its armored foe. "One down.. Four to go."

----- -----

It only took Valk a moment to traverse within the shadows of the room, finding yet another target to fall prey to the training. Valk was crouched along the floor, eyes trained on a robot about five pillars down from his current position.

Valk reached over towards his back, and from there he retrieved a small disk about the size of his thumb. Applying pressure to the center, Valk quickly threw it in the direction of the robot in a motion similar to how one would skip rocks on the surface of a body of water. The moment it made contact with the figure, it let out a burst invisible to the naked eye. An EMP, modified for small area targets.

The robot quickly halted in its tracks, about to slump to its side before Valk's form erupted from the darkness. Valk supported the robot on one side with his left hand, shifting its direction until it was facing him; with his right, he forced the blade attached to his wrist into the area of the robot where a human's heart would most likely be. The blade, being a little under 3ft in length, protruded from the back of the robot like a thorn.

Making this two target's down, Valk quickly pulled his blade from the body of the robot and set it down gently, not taking the risk that another would hear the colliding of the body with the floor.

----- -----

Again, the other three were easy enough to spot. The three remaining figures were placed near each other, giving the individual running the exercise the opportunity to face multiple foes.

Valk stood at one end of the concrete corridor, eying his three targets as he considered the best approach for him from here. Each stood about 4ft from each other, giving Valk only a few seconds to cover the ground between each one once he was noticed. Coming to a conclusion, the male hardly gave it another thought. He sprinted down the corridor, his steps silent while quickly closing the gap between him and his targets.

Retracting the blade in his left hand to about 8in in length, he rose the hand to his side in preparation to strike. It wasn't until Valk was in striking distance did the machine notice his approach, however its warning to its allies were instantaneous. It let out an alarm for a quick second, the sound cut short by a blade penetrating through its metal armor and into its chest. The gained momentum of Valk's sprint, followed by the force of the thrust was enough to completely shut down the machine and run it into the floor.

The next two machines trained their mock-rifles in his direction, preparing to fire and end the exercise. But Valk quickly raised his right arm towards the next robot, firing a hookshot into its chest. The hook itself most likely would not be enough to end the machine, but it was enough to disrupt it for a second. Tugging the hook back towards himself, the robot was forced forward towards Valk. As the machine made its approach, Valk withdrew his blade from the first robot's chest, and thrust it in front of him towards the oncoming hunk of metal. The sound of the blade piercing metal was muffled by another; the third machine had fired its rifle in Valk's direction, only for the second machine to serve as a shield.

The maneuver made quick work of the two machines, but now that the last machine was aware of his presence it would have been a much harder task to complete. Or would it?

The body of the second machine rose again, its feet dangling off the floor as Valk carried it up as a shield. Sure, he could go without the shield and rush towards his last target like a maniac. But what was going to stop the bullets from hitting him? Valk was good with the sword, sure. But not good enough to deflect each bullet in the air like some badass. Besides, it was going to be much more extra effort on his part just to do so.

Rushing forward while carrying the body of the second robot in front of him, the third could do nothing but watch horrendously as the body of its ally soon eclipsed its own. It was forced on top of the third, and Valk took the opportunity to skewer both bodies with the full length of the blade in his right hand.

----- -----

The moment the last machine was considered dead, the alarm from earlier rung again, and the lights dimmed back to the bright white that it had been prior to the exercise. The blades in both of Valk's hands retracted into the gloves, and he took the time to take off the helmet of the suit he had been wearing.

Looking up at a large monitor at one end of the room, large numbers flashed 01:17.

"A minute and seventeen seconds? Damn. Not good enough then.."

Making his way back to the entry of the room, Valk considered ways to hasten the time he had received moments ago. His record was a minute and ten, but he had not been able to surpass that score for a good week now. Of course, he expected the researcher to be long gone from his spot in the Observation Room, but Valk made his way there anyway. It was on the way out, and it didn't hurt to peek his head in while he made his way over kitchen for a snack.

Last edited:
Cecilia was in the middle of quenching her metal in oil when she heard someone knock on the door, followed by the voice of Brie. What could Brie possibly want? It wasnt that Cecilia was annoyed or anything, but it intrigued why Brie was asking to come in. No matter.

Cecilia pulled the metal out of the oil, setting it down on the anvil as she put her tools back on the rack. Inside her quarters, there was a thermometer similar to the one built into her watch. The needle was slowly moving down as the room was cooling down via its ventilation system. Eventually, the needle was at the 60 marker and outside, the warning sign turned off, the door unlocking and opening. When Brie walked in, Cecilia bowed lightly for a moment, then rose with a curious look in her eyes.

Nani ka machigaete iru?

Cecilia eyed the blue glowing veins Brie had. It was interesting to watch the energy flow within them from time to time, she had to admit. Cecilia was guilty of just starting at Brie sometimes out in the open.

SniperBus SniperBus

Nani ka machigaete iru = "Is something wrong?"

Last edited:
"The bastard grocery guy brought me Commie goods...." Nocturne replied, referring to the cigars and vodka. "When I clearly requested for Bourbon and Dominicans with a Maduro Wrapper! How much more specific could I get?!" he continued nabbing the bottle of Jamaican goodness. "Suppose i'll make a kick ass smoothie or something...." the natural grumbled, picking up the boxed and canned good off the floor and counters.
Several more moments passed, and slowly his heart rates (Yes He has more than one), finally slowed to manageable levels, showing he had calmed. Although the occasional mumble could be made out as something a-kin to pissed off, he continued his work, using up about half the bottle of rum for one glass of god knows what, before finally making his way to the pool, grumbling something about getting payback and praising his two livers for some reason.

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook Gabe Gabe

hound_post_icon_by_richperry-db6zhyo.png
Slowly waking from a dreamless nap, Hound stretched his legs out as a low, rumbling growl issued from his yawning maw. The morning had been another tough round of fully-laden endurance walking on the treadmills, so when training was finally done he understandably retreated to his room and collapsed for a well-deserved drink from his bowl and a rest on his nest of cushions and beanbags. They were much better than his earlier bed of straw, oh yes, much much better. The straw would itch awfully and he would toss and turn and fidget. Yes, beanbags and cushions made for a much better nest, even if some of them burst from time to time.

Getting to his feet, Hound sniffed around - the scent of hot metal told him that Cecilia had been working in her room down the way, but he couldn't detect the soft thump-thump-thump of hammering so she must have stopped. Brie was there too - she smelled like blue sparks, it was a tingly smell - and her scent was mingling with the acrid heat of Cecilia's room so she must have gone in there. Shaking the remaining sleep from his head, Hound plodded to the door, which slid open easily, and made his way to the pool. Yes, a refreshing splash would be perfect to wake him up and cool his legs, which still ached from the morning's training.

He sauntered down the corridor and turned the corner - there was some sort of commotion happening in the dining area or kitchen, he could hear some raised voices. But he was far more interested in a relaxing soak, so he turned again towards the pool, relishing the chlorine in the air and- oh! The twins were there! He enjoyed the twins. Well, one more than the other. Lila, he thought. He couldn't always tell them apart until he started trying to play, and one of them wasn't the playing sort, ooooh no. He broke into a light trot, his claws clackety-clacking on the hard surface, and entered the pool proper, letting out a happy "hruff" at the girl standing beside the water. One of them was still floating on the surface, and he hoped it was Lila as he unceremoniously plopped into the shallow end of the water, a wave emanating down the pool towards her as he sat down and lowered himself until the water was up to his chin. He smiled as he let out another low, rumbling growl in appreciation as the water cooled his sore body.

Interactions / Mentions
TheLoneRook TheLoneRook SniperBus SniperBus / FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

The pad of his forefinger stroked patterns into the thick carpet of his room. An aggressive hum reverberated through the air. A clear signal that his mood was steadily going from happy to angry. The small handler he had his back to, heaved a soft sigh. All she had done was tell Wirt that his finger painting would need to dry before he gave it to Jarell. She uncrossed her legs and stood up. She struggled to put the large and cumbersome picture on the table to dry next to her own. She made a mental note to tell the cleaning crew that there was now paint in the carpet.

“Wirt.” Grace began firmly. The only acknowledgment she received was the momentary pause in his humming. She softened her tone. “Come on let’s find Jarell.” At that, the overgrown quickly pushed himself up from his fetal position, a wide grin now in place. “You can tell him that he’ll get his portrait later.” A guttural cheer let her know she was back in the clear.

Wirt stepped towards her. His hands rubbing over each other in excitement. Grace raised her head so that her line of sight was no longer at waist level. She learned recently that asking Wirt to do things he obviously did not enjoy would not work out in her favor. He responded better to simple choices. “You can’t see him nude. Do you want to wear shorts or PJ pants?” The giant grumbled and furrowed his brows as he shuffled to the pile of clothes.

“. . . Shorts.”

The vibration in her pocket alerted her to the fact that her attention was needed elsewhere. Grace gave Wirt a once over and told him to keep his pants on before leaving him on his own once more.

With a deep inhale, Wirt lumbered down the halls. One hand limp at his side and the other a knuckle deep into his nostril.

Dante sighed as his rum was so quickly depleted, and he just got that bottle too. He leaned back in a huff of mist, crossing his arms as he heard the soft thumps of Hound finding someone to play with. Dorian left the bottle and hit the hallway, leaving him with the doc. Hunter was a perfectly nice person to be around, but as a scientist he had a habit of moving the conversation to a place that Dante didn't quite have the pedigree to follow.

"So uh...how's the uh....doctor....stuff?"

Smooth, Dante. Real smooth. He looked around for something to catch his blunder with but everyone had up and left him. Thankfully he saw Valk on his way in, his exhale of relief clouding the room for a moment.

"Valk! How'd the weapons test go? Did you figure out the release system? It's pretty damn close to mine so I could show you some tricks if you want." He knew Valk was about as much of a talker as he was a pacifist but he couldn't fathom the science that Hunter would try to discuss so he put all his chips into the interrogation specialist with temper issues. He was never known for being the sharpest knife in the block.

Lyra lost an overgrown only to gain a new one as Hound came rumbling in.

"Wait, hang on slow down buddy oh sHIIIT"

Hound, unaware of his massive size, sent a miniature tsunami right into Lyra's weak floaty, flipping her into the water below. She drifted below the surface for a moment, contemplating drowning, but Lila would probably desecrate her corpse as some sort of afterlife prank so she figured surfacing was for the best. Her floaty drifted to the far side of the pool and she breached like a wavy red mop, her eyes and nose the only parts of her face rising from the water as she snorted out her displeasure (and any excess fluid). She looked to Lila, who seemed lost in her eavesdropping, but she was probably holding in laughter if she knew anything about her sister. She lazily kicked her way back to her floaty and flopped back on as Dorian strolled in drinking, adding a tinge of envy to her irritation.

"Welcome to Dangerous Ocean Condition Training, we've been expecting you Horsemanfish." A silly nickname, but one she would never abandon.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Gabe Gabe Absurdisan Absurdisan SniperBus SniperBus

Lovette let out a huff as she sent her last punch careening into the steel orb, into the dent her fists had steadily been forming. She took a few steps backwards and wiped the sweat from her brow, not completely pleased with her results but not unsatisfied either. Training today ran a little longer, after all. All because she wasn't interested in playing nice with the other mutants around her.

"So stupid..." She ran her fingers through her black hair and untied the jacket from around her neck. As the gym fell silent, she could hear the faint thumpings and clackings of an overgrown running down the hallway. She waited a few moments to make sure the beast was gone before making her way out into the main hallway. Certain overgrown have a tendency to stick their noses where they don't belong, and she'd been known to swat a couple of them for it. Certainly not something she wanted to deal with right now.

She stood at the end of the main hallway, glancing towards the living room entrance and back to the pool entrance, debating which would be the best option in terms of relaxation. They had hot tubs in the pool area, yet many of the other mutants enjoyed congregating in the pool. And while the living room wasn't exactly absent either, the bar was often heavily populated as well. Not that she could blame anyone. Given they all look like horrific freaks, she'd want to drown herself in alcohol as well.

........Bar it was.

Downing the glass of Mystery Juice, Dorian simply smirked at the nickname. "Suppose it's better than Manbearpig." he replied, striding into the pool. "And this is dangerous?" he asked as he simply floated upon the turbulent water, not bothered by the water entering his amphibious Lungs. "Could you thrown in some heavy winds or maybe sharks or something? Cause this is nothing to me." He said as wave tried to batter the mutate, before slipping beneath the surface to literally rest on the bottom of the pool, relaxed as can be. Bubbles would occasionally float to the surface, the fine hairs of his equine-like tail floating lazily. The pool was practically his second bedroom, where he could simply relax, as the master of the aquatic environment.

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook

Hunter smiled as he ate another chip and watched Nocturne leave the room with a jungle juice that was half rum. As soon as he disappeared on the door, he sighed. "I'm tired of treating hangovers, y'know... Every other day someone is occupying one of the cots of the infirmary with 'terrible headaches, my stomach looks like it's going to explode' and then proceeds to vomit all over my floor..." He slumped over the table, clearly tired. However, he sprung again as soon as Dante asked about his... doctor stuff. "Oh, it was quite interesting, i did a necrospy on a failed bullet unit, turns out he was turning into-" He started talking about his necrospy unaware that Velk walked into the room. "And then i checked and it was just a really common case of melanoma and you're not listening to me anymore, are you?" Hunter laughed as he ate more chips. "Hey Velk! I'm just talking about cancer and how it altered someone's transformation!" The doctor said with a huge grin on his face, that faded mere seconds after it showed up. "Maybe it's not a good subject to talk on the kitchen... SO WEAPON TESTS" Hunter tried to wave away his awkardness.
TheLoneRook TheLoneRook SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

It wasn't much of a room where Unit 67 was stationed, at least anymore. Sheets and clothes had been strewn everywhere, dirty or not. It was difficult to say this was the result of laziness, or comfort. The temperature was freezing cold as well, and underneath all the scattered things were white sheets and white floors, as if they kept a lab subject in here. It made sense. The unit was no longer technically human. His odor was nothing like that of a normal human anyway, a musky muddy scent. It was also incredibly dark, save for faint green lights bouncing off the walls. And a faint sloshing. It seemed unoccupied until something flickered in the corner. A hunched figure sat at a table covered in scribbles and markings, and if not for the narrowed green eyes giving off a glow indicating his location, he might have gone unnoticed. A pair of wrinkled and bone-thin hands, stained black from what looked like soot worked away in the dark. Not at all bothered by the darkness, like those of a living corpse. The parchment and ink shapes forming underneath the grotesque hands. In fact, the sickly man looked calm at this moment, the green eyes shimmering as the image took shape from the scratches and scribbles. The way his body stayed completely still, it was like his mind was somewhere else.

It seemed wherever it was, it was where he found some bit of happiness. It must be the same way with himself, from the ink-black hands to the face tucked behind a thick mask of ink and makeup resembling a skull. He had no issues with transforming himself to something he saw fitting, even if it meant he was less human.

But a sudden pain struck him and brought him reeling back to reality. And it was a jarring and stricken fall back down to Earth. It started with a low moan and then into a hack and wheeze as his chest pulsed with violently like it had been struck with a hammer. His hand came loose as he fought for balance and stability, clutching the table with one and searching an overhead cabinet for a cylindrical container. Flicking the empty thing to the ground, he curled in anger and for a moment the pointed fingers resembled tiny jaws as he bellowed the guttural sound, the re-breather hissing as he expelled out ooze and snot. The luminescent liquid now flowing through the tubes also had a tint of crimson.

When it finally stopped enough, he seemed less worried about the pain and immediately stared down at the parched now covered in black splotches, picking up the dropped pen.

With a heavy sigh, he crumbled his ruined work and pushed himself to a stooped stand. He could barely contain the burning in his chest. He couldn't tell if it was annoyance or the chemicals in his chest spiking. This was the result of a fight that broke out a few days ago. Or rather, his impulsiveness earning him another grueling 1 on 1 with he chief. The sadistic bastard worked him like a bull all because he shot his mouth off at some punk during training.

"Damn, I was so close to finishing too. Hah.." coughing lightly, the fresh taste of blood brushing his tongue, "Looks like something opened back up. I'll have to check into medical... Ah, those lab fuckers better not hold out on my pills again." Really, this was how they got him to leave his room once in a while. They assured him there were many fail-safes to his augmentations in case his condition ever acted out, and that they would provide aid at any time of the day. It was reassuring, definitely, but he didn't like how it interfered with his free time.

They didn't give a lot of that around here, considering how much they worked their agents.

Each breath was shallow as he scuttled across the room, moving quickly but erratically, shifting his steps and body like a stub-legged animal. Picking up the long stitched and zippered body apron from across the floor, he tossed it over himself unceremoniously, covering the devices attached to his body, pulling the external liquid recycling tanks through an opening so it sat against his waist. Finally, he wrapped his neck and balded head, which was already buried under all manner of tubing, in an extremely long scarf and hoodie. It was a painfully slow process, but it was for some safety protocol. People like him weren't meant to be seen in 'public'. Jarrell didn't understand why. It was their problem, not his. If anything, they should be thankful he is there to protect their sorry asses. If they didn't provide him with free inking supplies, he probably wouldn't even bother. He would spit if it didn't leaving a deep corrosion in the floor and earn him another grill session from the staff chief. He's had enough of that as it is already.

The covered figure simply grunted, pushing himself out the room. He wasn't the loud type. If he was a dog or something, he wouldn't bark at a threat. Biting the fuck out of someone he hated was more his style. Figuratively of course. Actual biting was something of the past.

Standing in the light and seeing forms moving around the brightly lit halls, he quickly pulled down his worn-out beanie and made himself less presentable with a glower. Being a part of this 'family' was definitely not an idea he adored in any sort of definition. The downward glow of the florescence above only accented his skull-like mask and he used it to his advantage as he advanced towards the medical ward with a sharp jaunt. If anyone had any sensibility at all, they would take all of these indications as a sign to leave him the hell alone. The less things that bothered him today, the better.

Last edited:
Lila had almost dozed off listening to the conversations of guards in the armory when she heard a familiar rumbling coming down the hallway. With her eyes closed tight, she tried to fit a mental image to the noise. Four legs.. A gentle clattering of armor plates.. Definitely overgrown, or a tank. But tanks don't sound like that, do they? With her eyes still closed tight, she noticed the noise was coming even closer. That is definitely, undeniably..

"Hound!" Lila yelled, grinning in delight. He jumped into the pool as she said this, causing a tsunami to engulf Lyra and send her careening through the water in the pool. Lila was going to jump in the pool, but just turned away instead, shaking with laughter. She took out the A.E.E and wrapped it in her towel, throwing both back to the bag she had leaning against the wall. Then, she turned around, running straight towards her true best friend. "HOUND!" She yelled, grinning. Lila propelled herself off the sidewalk next to the pool, landing on his huge back, giving him the best kind of poorly-thought-out hug. "How are you doin', buddy?" She said. Though, given where she was, she wasn't sure if he could even hear her.
"Nani ka machigaete iru?" Brie blinked slowly, confused. Was she drunk? Had she forgotten how to speak English overnight? The dusty gears in Brie's brain slowly started turning, kicking out plumes of imaginary smoke as she stood there, dumbfounded. Oh, right! She speaks more than one language! Right, dang, that's awkward. Instead of saying anything, Brie just curled up the right side of her lip and shrugged.

"Right, ah..." Brie looked back to Cecilia, who was staring at her glowing blue veins. Brie looked at her eyes, equally perplexed. "Anyway, I could've sworn I went to bed in my room, right, but I woke up in the observation rooms for the arena, you know?" Brie paused for a moment, massaging her own wrist. "Do you know anything about that? Did someone wake me up during the day, or something? If they did, I really ought to pound that bastard, whoever it was." Brie just shook her head, smiling at the thought of beating up the perpetrator. "You know what I mean?" Brie leaned against the doorframe.

@Absurdian TheLoneRook TheLoneRook FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Cecilia reached up, rubbing the back of her head slightly

If anything did happen to you, I was unaware. Especially if it happened recently because I was busy working on this

Cecilia reached back, grabbing the metal that was still on the anvil and showed it to Brie. It was in the shape of a crude yet distinguishable knife of a medium length. Cecilia placed the metal back on the anvil and stood, stretching

Perhaps we can ask the others if they saw anything strange.

It wasnt likely that another unit member had played a small prank, but the possibility remained. Cecilia walked over to the door and past Brie, stepping out into the hallway. The girl turned, gesturing for the other to follow. First place Cecilia thought to check out was the Lounging area. From her own observations, the inhabitants of the ECHOCHAMBER never went a day without visiting the lounge at least once. There was always someone there. At least, whenever Cecilia went there herself. Cecilia began to walk down the hallway, now silent.

SniperBus SniperBus

hound_post_icon_by_richperry-db6zhyo.png
Hound completely missed Lila's greeting as it was drowned out by the splash he made. He watched as the water-borne twin was engulfed by the tidal surge he had created, before reappearing as an angry, snorting head. She didn't seem happy, so that must have been Lyra. Whoops. Hound lowered his head until his nose was just above the water, hoping to hide from Lyra's anger. She was mean when she was angry. Luckily, Dorian came in and seemed to distract her from telling him off.

Dorian's strange heartbeat always stuck out to Hound. Too many badumps. Badumpadumpadumpadump. And he often smelled like the strong, pungent drink he liked. He remembered it being called 'booze'. Lyra was talking about something - he recognised the word 'training' but not much else - and Dorian jumped in to the deep end of the pool, sinking below the surface and away from Hound's view. His echolocation didn't work too well when it hit water. If he was entirely underwater then he could see fine, but looking down into it from above never worked out.

He was watching the bubbles from Dorian's underwater adventure burst on the surface when he heard the other twin yell his name from the poolside, and he didn't have time to turn to see Lila as she leapt onto his back. She was light as a feather to him, but he still felt her full-body hug as a gentle squeeze as she asked him something he didn't quite hear. Still, she sounded happy to see him, so he shook gently side to side and threw his head under the water before blowing a massive gout of bubbles from his mouth. Standing back up to his full height, he let out a series of loud, excited barks as he took to tromping around the shallows, his heavy, deliberate stomps creating large splashes that covered both himself and Lila on his back. He liked Lila, she was fun and liked to play, and he enjoyed giving her rides around the compound. And it was especially good to relax with friends after an intense morning.

Interactions & Mentions TheLoneRook TheLoneRook HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest SniperBus SniperBus

Brie stepped out of the doorway so Cecilia could move through, and closed the door when she walked out, pushing the remainder of the cool air from her room into the hallway. "Thanks for helping out, Cecilia, I really appreciate it. It's very nice of you." What manner of creep would have moved me hundreds of meters away while I was sleeping for a joke? Brie walked idly alongside Cecilia, in the strange way that she does. Brie made an effort to take more steps than necessary, swaying lightly from side to side. She kept her hands in her pockets, and her eyes cast down, focused on her feet, that made intricate, strange rotations and turns, though, she still carried on completely straight. Except, of course, for that gentle swaying from side to side.

"Also, Cecilia... That was a nice knife, you were making. Of course, I don't reaaally know anything about knives, it could've been shit, but it looked quite good! I don't suppose, uh.." Brie paused for a moment, before continuing. "...that you could make me one? I'd pay you back... somehow. They don't really pay us here, but I'd figure something out. It wouldn't need to be anything special, but I really would like one. That is, of course, only if you're willing." Brie pushed her lips to the left side, shrugging.

FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Cecilia listened intently to what Brie was saying, only nodding in acknowledgment when the other girl thanked her. As they walked, Cecilia noticed how Brie was walking. Smaller steps, swaying. Cecilia couldnt place why Brie was walking in the way she was, but rather not think about it too much. Upon the mention of the knife shaped metal, Cecilia smiled lightly at the praise. Though, it was long from being finished.

It was when Brie mentioned about making something for her that Cecilia tilted her head in curiosity. It wasnt entirely uncommon for someone to ask her to make something. It had happened before, with Cecilia making new blades for Valk to some odd medical equipment for Hunter.

I dont mind making something for you. Did you have a specific design in mind?

Cecilia rounded the corner into the main hallway alongside Brie as the pair were nearing the lounge area. Cecilia could hear the splashes of water and voices coming from the pool, keeping note that the pool was the next place to check out if the lounge proved unsuccessful

SniperBus SniperBus

It was like a cooler, one similar to those in a large restaurant. Poorly lit and cold at forty five degrees Fahrenheit, it was tidy and well organized with a right angle desk against the wall by the door, a dresser opposite of that next to the bed where Dreizehn lay. His breath condensed every exhale as lay there motionless, his eyes fixated upon the ceiling as memories drifted off to his past. It was calming to remember his times during the military, everything he did brought great pride to him even if some of those thing were horrific atrocities. Of course the one thing that always came back to him was that one shot, right to his chest. It wasn't in combat, but while he was walking down a dark and frigid night that this life of his became even more twisted.

Drei sat up on the bed, his feet now bare upon the tiled floor. A dresser drawer was pulled out and and a pair of black socks were taken from within, then put on. Heavy combat jump boots hugged Dreizehn's feet more and more as the side zipper was pulled to the top. He sighed while blousing his OD green pants at the top of each boot. It was time to practice his power, something he scoffed at but not because he was ungrateful, in fact he loved wielding an incredible power, but because these bastards at ECHO want more out of him. "Again...again...again...again..." this single word drove him mad, all he wants is to kill, enough training... "...Just let me, only one person....doesn't matter who!" He thought with a wicked grin that instantly dissapeared with a hefty knock on the door "Its time for a training exercise, let's go". Dreizehn took the order like an obedient dog, grabbed a white tank top and slipped it on before he left the room.

Dreizehn walked briskly and moved with a purpose towards the experimentation area. The ECHO reaserchers went to the observation and control deck as Dreizehn moved into the main area. "Your last recovery time was marked at fourteen minutes and fifty six seconds with an immidiate power output at fourteen megaampers and a connecting output at four point nine. You know what to do, so lets get started" Drei stood solid like an unmoveable rock, he froze while anger dwelled within him "Lets go Unit, BEGIN" the voice commanded. His left foot dug into the ground behind him like a brace, his left arm shot out straight with the same hand sticking upwards with the fingers bent forwards and joined with the thumb sticking outwards to create an L shape in the hand while his right arm simultaneously copied his left except his right hand pointed straight out with the arm, the index bent ninety degrees inward with the back of the thumb touching the tip of the left thumb. An instantaneous blast of electrical energy erupted from his hands and fingers, the current shot down range, impacting a large metal ten by ten by twenty box that would send data of the impact to the ECHO reaserchers...

Dreizehn began the slow process of gaining the energy lost back. Each session was the same, the training required him to produce ten high energy attacks before training were to be done for the day. Drei repeted this four more times, each attack resulted the same statistics, but this time when only ten minuts hard rolled by, his body still shaking from the attack, that dreadful word emerged from the speaker box "Again!" This time, he put his obedience aside, "FUCK. YOU." he stated firmly, his anger brewing more and more but he never let it surface...not yet at least, "AGAIN, You will NOT leave the training are until you've completed six more, AGAIN!" The person bellowed "I dont think....Im PRETTY GOD DAMN SURE YOU AINT HEARING ME, I said fu-...." He paused, but only breifly before a slight chuckle came from him "..Ha....heheheh..." Dreizehn smacked his hands together, palms facing inwards then outwards towards the observation room "...Another kill for me..." an intense sensation built up within Drei, it was an overload of chemical energy within him, far greater than anything he had ever produced. Dreizehn released this power, a ear peircing, boisterous boom was give birth upon discharge, shattering the high grade protective glass of the observation room, however, the shot only made it seven feet from Dreizehn before it backfired, launching him against the wall twenty feet behind him rendering him unconcious...

"Everyone alright!?" The lead researcher shouted out "Whats the report off that blast!? Get it now!" another research member looked at the leader with in amazement, "Uhh, its was recorded at twenty three megaampres sir..." "Excellent! Well done, thats it for today lets go."

It would be almost thirty minutes before Dreizehn would regain conciousness. The man staggered to his feet, his hair and face was wet and his vision was blurry. He walked with a daze, like he was drunk out of the experimentation area. Drei wiped whatever was on his face off with his shirt and looked down to see what it was...

"Fuck you! Fuck me... thats quite a stich! Every now and again life is quite a bitch! he said with a semi melodious voice as he entered the bar area, paying no attention to whiever present, only to go behind the bar past Dante to go after the large bottle of American Honey and a fine glass "OH, I cant stand the man I am! My restless mind needs to be calm! And I refuse to be so blue, SOOOooo any cheap whisky will do!" he exclaimed moving back around the bar "Buuuut this just aint no shit whisky I tell you what! If you dont believe me....*whispers in Doc's ear* go fuck yourself!" he said wrapping his arm around Hunter, looking into his eyes with serious look before laughing calmly before taking a seat down the bar "AND FUCK THE TAB!" Drei shouted pouring himself a large drink while the crimson liquid still slowly seeped from his head neck and shoulders....

TheLoneRook TheLoneRook Gabe Gabe HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest SentinelSevn SentinelSevn
(I think I got the ones need to be tagged)

Last edited:
After stashing his suit somewhere within the confines of his personal quarters,Valk quickly made his way to the kitchen. It was around this time of day that nearly half of the team was somewhere in the area; either drinking some alcoholic beverage or testing their gut with some gory stories. It was the tendency of most of their nature, after all. Valk tolerated a majority of the team, not finding a reason to hold negative emotion yet also not having a reason to hold some fondness towards them as of yet. Perhaps the Overgrown, at least they weren't quite so bothersome as to pester him very often.

With the personalized suit now off his body, he had changed his attire something more suitable to home. It was perhaps far too casual for a workplace environment or for public viewing, but it wasn't like he could care any less. Valk wore a grey tight fitting tank top, the bottom seam cut high to fit right below the seam of his black sweatpants. As if to continue the lazy look, on his feet were a pair of thin brown sandals that looked just about ready to fall apart.

"Hey Velk! I'm just talking about cancer and how it altered someone's transformation!" The doctor said with a huge grin on his face, that faded mere seconds after it showed up. "Maybe it's not a good subject to talk on the kitchen... SO WEAPON TESTS" Hunter tried to wave away his awkardness.

Initially ignoring the statements of the other male, Valk's entry to the kitchen was a quiet one indeed. It was not until he had opened the door to the pantry did Valk speak anything to the group currently residing in the room. "What was that, doc?" There was subtle sounds of ruffling within the food storage, the sound of crunches and even a short grunt coming from the male as a he coughed up a small bit of whatever it was that he was feasting on.

"Weapon tests? I just got back." This time, his statement seemed to be muffled by some substance within his mouth, blocking any clear way of speaking. Turning towards the group, it would seem he held a mouthful of cookies between his teeth, his hands carefully planting boxes of shifted food back to their previous place before his scrounging.

Gabe Gabe @ (whoever else is in the kitchen. I'm kinda lost rn with who is where.)

"I don't have a specific design in mind, that's for sure! But I do know what the knife's purpose is. It needs to be a utility knife- I don't plan to use it in combat scenarios, nor do I plan to use it for long periods of time on end, so if you made it quite heavy that would probably be good! Though, I don't know much about knives, so, I'll leave it to the expert." Brie patted Cecilia's shoulder with the last statement, smiling.

Brie took her hand away very abruptly, though, and stuffed it back in her pocket, looking away. Just as they turned the corner to go into the lounge, Drei stomped past them, walking straight behind the bar and grabbing himself a bottle of some form of happy-juice. Huh, yeah, that's uh, that's an angry guy. Brie stopped on the threshold to the lounge, unwilling to go in until he calmed down. "I'll be here, you know. Honestly, I'm uncomfortable when he's like that." Brie said, pointing at the raving electricity mutant.

Gradous13 Gradous13 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash @(whoever else is at the bar)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back