• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Gathering (OOC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Jess Buck

HELLA QUEER
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here is the Out of Character Chat for the fantasy roleplay "The Gathering". Anything that needs to be discussed about characters or plot ideas will be discussed here.

I have some questions.
1. Can my 2 characters be from the same kingdom, being male-female twins?
2. What is the preference for face claim, real photo or drawing?
3. Are there high fantasy elements in this RP, like magic, fantasy creatures, etc?

1. I would prefer to have characters more spread out however if you have a really cool idea for their characters I wouldn't mind bending that for some good story lines.
2. I prefer real phots for face claims
3. There is a bit of magic. I mentioned it briefly in Erosan's lore as one of their monarchs is a sorcerer. There is bits of magic in all of Reyisha but for whatever reason the magical power in Erosan is just stronger. They have incredible healers and they use their magic to aid them with the agriculture of the land.

If I have an asexual character, would you prefer if I made him one of the younger princes, to leave the older spots open for characters who are more open to romance? I hope this question makes sense.

It made sense man. Are mentorish characters allowed? Like older characters who are infamously alone(dead spouse)? Not that these characters have to absolutely be pillars in the world, but people that have been around.

After second thought, I don’t feel like joining this RP anymore. Good luck and have fun everyone!

Yo,

I have a backstory for Osen mapped out in my head, but it involves magic. Is magic in this world broad, as in light magic where everything is up in the air? Or is it somewhere in the middle. Not that I'm saying you wouldn't go into hard magic, but that would take the focus too much off of the match making aspect, which is the main point to the story so far.

By somewhere in the middle I mean like, maybe necromancy and druidism are the only tiers. Magic people know about, but neither of them are too constrained or powerful.

Sorry I was MIA for like a day and a half. I was spending some time with my family. I am back now though, and here are some answers to your questions:

Meowfyre Meowfyre
I would prefer real photos but if You are going to use art I would ask that use something more like what Yet Yet used for his character, which gives us a clear indication of what your character looks like.

writing_widdershins writing_widdershins
Ace characters are more than welcome! Just because someone is Asexual does not mean they are Aromantic, Unless you want them to be. In which case I would ask that they are either older and have already participated in the matchmaking or younger and have yet to participate. That way each of the participating characters can have a match.

Yet Yet
When you say a mentor character what did you have in mind? How would they mentor the younger characters participating in the matchmaking? And as far as magic goes, most of the magic is used for healing and to help with agriculture. Some people have powers of water or fire but most are healers. And as stated in the Lore Thread, it is most powerful in Erosan. Some people in the other three kingdoms are able to wield magic but it doesn't go father than being able to heal a minor cut, mend some broken glass, or keeping your house plant from dying.

EDIT:
Yet Yet writing_widdershins writing_widdershins Meowfyre Meowfyre Xeppy Xeppy Quellys Quellys Yakov011001 Yakov011001
I would also just like to make a note that I should have made in the post will all of the character information, Make sure you are keeping an eye on the other characters that have been made that are meant to be in the same family. For example: The King and Queen of Quenia are both white and then someone creates a character that is meant to be their biological daughter and she's mixed. 🥴 Miss. Queen of Quenia now has a lot of explaining to do right? Unless you have a reason written into your backstory that the Queen had an affair and hid it from her husband. In which case you would also need to discuss that with the person who created the Queen. That is what this OOC chat is for. If you have an idea feel free to share it in here so that the other players may work with you to make that idea fit seamlessly with the other characters written.
So far, most of the character sheets are not completely done, my own included. (Which should change here momentarily) So no characters are set in stone as I cannot approve a character that is not completely done. So feel free to give your characters a once over and see how they could be incorporated with other people's characters. And remember, everyone must play two characters at a minimum. Sorry to get on my soap box but I wanted to get that out of the way before any more people started creating more characters.

Last edited:
Ace characters are more than welcome! Just because someone is Asexual does not mean they are Aromantic, Unless you want them to be. In which case I would ask that they are either older and have already participated in the matchmaking or younger and have yet to participate. That way each of the participating characters can have a match.

Ok thanks! I was planning to make him demiromantic so that works. :) I will get up his cs tomorrow, cause I don't have my computer at the moment and I need to go to bed.

Also I have a question pertaining to Al's backstory. I was planning for her to get trapped in magical briars, and that's how she got her scars. Would that fit in to the magic of the world or should I come up with something else?

Last edited:
writing_widdershins writing_widdershins
Depends on where the accident happened. If it happened in Quenia I do not think it would be very likely due to the islands having a tropical climate and the mainland is mostly swamp. However if it was during a Gathering in Erosan where magic is more prominent anyways, I could see it happening. Or even getting suck in some briars during a Gathering in Gairia, magic or not since Gairia is mostly desert and grassland. I hoped that helped and answered your question. 😅

I finally finished Anthony's backstory.

Reassuring Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

How is everyone's character sheets coming along? I'm excited to see everyone's backstories.

How is everyone's character sheets coming along? I'm excited to see everyone's backstories.

I believe I finished my characters’ backstories! Probably gonna have to check through them again to patch things up, though.

Hey, I'm really sorry about this, but I'm quitting the roleplay. I'm just not feeling it any more, and I don't want to put myself or you all through my meh responses. I shouldn't have started in the first place, I guess, but I didn't know my feelings would change so drastically. I hope you all have fun continuing with it, though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back