• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Gathering (A Medieval Fantasy Roleplay)

Jess Buck

HELLA QUEER
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Reyisha.jpg
Welcome to Reyisha, a continent as old as time. Long ago, the four kingdoms of Reyisha were at war with each other. All sides suffered great losses, but eventually they came together to sign The Treaty of the Four. It took four weeks for the kingdoms to come to an agreement, and ever since they have celebrated the signing of the treaty with a festival on it's anniversary. Every other year, the kingdoms of Reyisha come together for a four week festival known as "The Gathering". The purpose of this festival is to promote unity, trade, and other such diplomatic endeavors. The host kingdom changes each year and this year it is to be held in the Southern Kingdom of Gairia. Each week is dedicated to a kingdom. The first week is dedicated to Aiwathen, the second week to Quenia, the third to Erosan, and the last week is dedicated to the host kingdom of Gairia. While the original intention of this festival was for diplomatic reasons, the most popular festivity of The Gathering would be "The Matchmaking". This time honored tradition started a few years after The Treaty of the Four was signed. Each kingdom has their own matchmaker that will match noble youth to create advantageous alliances to not only keep the peace, but also create interesting talk for nobles and common folk alike.

The Northern Kingdom of Aiwathen is infamous for it's mountainous landscapes and frigid climate. It's main exports are coal, jewels, and ice. The coal and jewels are found in the vast mining caverns of the northeastern mountainscape known as the Skyward Mountain Range; for these mountains are the highest in all of Reyisha. The Aiwathian people are known for their rough and cold (no pun intended) exteriors. Growing up in the mountains of the North requires a certain kind of resilience. They can be stubborn and brash but if and when you can win one over, their loyalty knows no bounds. If you should ever need assistance in a fight, the Aiwathians are the first you would call. The current eminency of the Aiwathian Kingdom is the House of Iclyn. The reigning king and queen have the largest family in Reyisha, consisting of four young princes and three princess. The eldest four of which are eligible for the matchmaking. Their house crest is that of an albino moose. Moose are found not only in the north but also in the western kingdom, however the albino moose is native to the mountains of Aiwathen. Their house colors are Sapphire, Black, and Silver.

The Eastern Kingdom of Quenia is the smallest of the four kingdoms. It is composed of the swampland in the east of Reyisha, along with the archipelago to the east of the mainland, known as The Quenian Islands. There are 14 islands in total, the four largest and most populated being Hemya, Iroham, Lamond, New Hemya, and Stansy. Most of the mainland in Quenia is inhabitable marsh, so the majority of the population lives on the islands. Quenia's main export is fish, and the islands are known for their lush flora; the most infamous being the Bougainvillea, which also happens to be the royal family's crest. Speaking of the House of Vale, the king and queen of Quenia have five children, three princes and two princesses, four of which are eligible for the matchmaking. Their house colors are Salmon, White, and Gold.

The Southern Kingdom of Gairia is the largest of the four kingdoms. The entirety of the southwestern section of Gairia is desert land known as The Wastes. No one in habits these lands, and no one goes there unless they wish to die a slow and painful death. The rest of the kingdom is just has hot, but not nearly unforgiving. Most of the land consists of grasslands and plateaus, and there is one lake in the northeast corner of Gairia known has The Narrow Lagoon. Their main export is clay and the people here are expert craftsman. The architecture in Gairia is unlike any other, with ornate temples and towering coliseums, there is nothing like it in any other kingdom. The current royal house is the House of Sandtrix, the King of which lost his wife three years ago. The whole of Gairia was in a state of mourning of over a year, and it is still difficult for the royal family to speak upon. Before her untimely demise, the king and queen had six children, three princess and three princesses; four of the six are eligible for the matchmaking. Their royal crest is that of a sidewinder and their house colors are Crimson, Mustard, and Copper.

The Western Kingdom of Erosan has the most fertile land in Reyisha. Agriculture thrives in this region, and one of their main exports is lumber. Erosan is the only kingdom within the continent to have a matriarchy instead of a patriarchy. The current reigning queen is married to a powerful sorcerer who does not confine themselves to one form. They often use their magic to change their appearance, one day presenting male and the next presenting female. Magic runs through all of Reyisha but no where is it stronger than in Erosan. The people here use their magic to their advantage and you will find not only thriving farmlands, but some of the most talented healers in all the land. The current eminency of the Erosan Kingdom is the House of Hawthorn. Because the queen and the monarch are unable to produce offspring of their own, they have adopted orphans into their bloodline. Two Princes and Two Princesses, all of whom are eligible for the matchmaking. The house crest is that of an ocelot, which are revered animals that are seen as sacred amongst the Erosan people. Their house colors are Emerald, Orange, and Bronze.

Hello friends! This is a roleplay that I've been working on for a little while and I think it is finally ready! I'm looking for a fairly large group of players to join this roleplay as there are quite a few predetermined roles that need filling, but this roleplay is not limited to those roles. If you think you'd be interested please let me know and I'll create a character thread once at least four people have shown interest. A couple things to note before you decide if you are interested:
1) I do not reserve roles, and all characters are subject for approval.
2) I ask that all players create a minimum of two characters
3) I ask that if you are unable to commit to a new roleplay that you do not participate. It took me a long time to create the lore for this roleplay and I do not want to see it fail after all the hard work I put into it. I ask that you are able to post at least twice a week and your posts should have a minimum of one paragraph per character you are playing. If you do not think you can do that then I will politely ask you not to join. Thank you for your understanding.
4) Lastly, this roleplay is LGBTQ+ friendly. This world has no stigma on gender expression or sexuality so you are welcome to create characters off all different shapes, sizes, genders, and sexualities. This also means that you as a player must be okay with this. If you are not I kindly ask that you do not participate.

EDIT:
Here is the link for the characters thread if you are interested. In that thread the OOC chat and the Lore thread are linked and I ask that you look through those threads before creating your character as many of our characters will be connected in one way or another. Feel free to brainstorm ideas and talk to the other players about their characters in the OOC chat.

Last edited:
Awesome! 😁 I’m not at home right now but once I get there I’ll create the character thread for people to start creating characters.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki diwa diwa AncientBird AncientBird Quellys Quellys MarX MarX Yakov011001 Yakov011001
Here is the character thread! I've also created a lore and an OOC thread that is linked in the character thread.

I would like to join. Trying to get back into writing, but I don't particularly have a reason to do so. Hopefully this will get me off my ass like reading did.

Kinda weird when you dread something you love.

The 2 characters is a must must? Im relatively new to the rp and I can do everything that is required, but I kinda prefer to focus on one character.

Last edited:
OBESE OBESE
Unfortunately yes. There are quite a few slots that I would like filled and even then there are many positions outside of the ones I have listed that could be played. So I ask all players create two characters.

LAWBRINGER LAWBRINGER
You may absolutely play a royal guard! If you head on over to the characters thread, there is a link to both the OOC chat and the Lore page you help you in creating a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back