• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Garden of the Gods - Roman alternate history (Interest Check)

Intro
  • Krinkov23

I should be working...
    THE GARDEN OF THE GODS
    Cover image: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GznoV

Winter, 70 AD. The Roman Empire is recovering from a year of civil conflict that nearly brought it undone. The war, later known as the “Year of the Four Emperors”, pitted politicians against military leaders after the death of Emperor Nero left no clear successors. Vespasian, a respected general from Rome’s eastern provinces, has emerged victorious, but now the challenge of reuniting the shattered population lies before him.

One far-flung colony has escaped the devastation of the previous year. Bomarzium, a city located on the island of Appolonia in the Atlantic, was neglected during Nero’s reign. The dense jungles that lie beyond the colony walls are rarely explored, and rumours abound of lost legions, man-eating monsters and forgotten tribes.

The island’s greatest claim to fame are the dinosaurs, strange creatures that Greek explorers described as being somewhere between a bird and a reptile. Over the last century, dinosaurs captured on the island and products made from them have been exported to every corner of the Empire and beyond, with some surviving to be exhibited in menageries or fight in gladiatorial games.

Today, a ship from Hispania has tied up in the harbor. Renewed economic activity and the return of law and order has seen an increase in traffic across the Atlantic, bringing fortune-seekers and fugitives alike to the colony. The townsfolk watch on as the passengers begin to disembark – could they be pirates? Tax collectors, or other agents of the Empire? Or maybe even the legendary dinosaur hunters of old…

RP DESCRIPTION:

I’ve run this setting before elsewhere online but after a few too many one-word answers I decided to try again 😊 This is a plot-driven PVE RP, taking place in a realistic world with a few alternate history elements (think Jurassic Park meets Eagle of the Ninth). Be aware that the gender of your characters may affect their gameplay interactions, as will their chosen factional alignment (female warriors only from certain cultures etc.).

OPEN: Main thread will be posted once I have at least three characters

Current players
    1. Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
    2. Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59

RULES:

• Ideally 4-5 characters but there might be room for more
    • Only human characters that could conceivably exist in ancient Roman times (I might allow very-near human characters if they have a well-written character sheet)
    • No magic
    • I’m pretty busy with other stuff so no strict timetable on posting but a paragraph-length response a week would be ideal!

Last edited:
    Start soon
  • Salve, fellow citizens! Just bumping to let you know I will start the main thread this weekend, so get those character sheets in if you are still keen. I'll keep things open after we start and latecomers will be introduced at a later point when the plot begins 👍

Back