• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
I've come up with a new roleplay idea. I like litrpgs but I know not everyone enjoys the number crunch. I've got an idea where OCs will go through games of sorts, combat, puzzle solving, ect. This will be done in arcs and there will be the possibility of character semi-death. (As with a lot of games, there are the possibilities of resurrection.)

I'm sort of basing this off of the Terror Infinity series, the idea of normal run of the mill humans getting pulled into a life or death battle. Survive and you get a sort of currency to buy things, from food and water, to supernatural powers. After each arc, there will be a small downtime arc where items and abilities can be purchased, as well as other perks for the next game. I will also allow people to create new characters for the next arc, but only if you are a new player or your last character died. Everyone only gets one character at a time, so put some thought into it.

The games themselves have preset endings "Beat big boss, game win", that sort of thing, but until the game is beaten, characters can spend time doing other things...unless I give a time limit, in which case you will be rushed to win...or die. Scenarios where it is possible for everyone to die will be far and few between...unless I think you are getting too strong too fast.

Some games might have optional, but difficult objectives that can be completed for more points. These might be deadly.

I'm looking for people who can post decently and, barring real life issues, often. You don't have to post novels, but please no one liners. It isn't hard to express what your character is doing and feeling.

Another thing I may entertain is player lead arcs. In the future, you may have ideas for your own arc, talk to me and we'll see what we can come up with.

Hey, I'm not sure if you particularly remember me or not (from my long-forgotten passion project, Ethium), but I'd love to give this a shot!

Hey, I'm not sure if you particularly remember me or not (from my long-forgotten passion project, Ethium), but I'd love to give this a shot!

Took me a minute to remember as it didn't really kick off. I remember working on stuff in discord.

Happy to have your interest.

I've been thinking about scenarios for this so I am hopping more people get interested.

Took me a minute to remember as it didn't really kick off. I remember working on stuff in discord.

Happy to have your interest.

I've been thinking about scenarios for this so I am hopping more people get interested.
Yes! Believe it or not, I still have all that literature on the original Discord, if you'd ever want to re-read some of the stuff we did. I've gone through a few times over the years and added/removed bits and pieces, but it's mostly the same.

But onto this project:
I've never done a litrpg, but it's similar to dice-related rp, yeah? I really like the idea of roleplaying different survival scenarios/minigames, though!

Yes! Believe it or not, I still have all that literature on the original Discord, if you'd ever want to re-read some of the stuff we did. I've gone through a few times over the years and added/removed bits and pieces, but it's mostly the same.

But onto this project:
I've never done a litrpg, but it's similar to dice-related rp, yeah? I really like the idea of roleplaying different survival scenarios/minigames, though!

I'd say post the information in the rpnation writing section so people can get a look, might generate new interest.

It is a little similar yeah, but I'm trying to be less number specific than a true litrpg. Game elements such as game screens and levels will be a thing though.

As I said,, I'm kind of loosely basing the idea off Terror Infinity, a light novel about people basically being forced through horror movies to...do something. I never finished reading the series. The basic premise was that they'd follow the storyline as background characters and by beating a set goal, they get to survive and use points at their hub to by various skills and items. I believe spideman's powers were mentioned at some point.

My idea would be characters going through many video game esque scenarios. Murder Mysteries, platforms, shooters, ect.

After each game, characters would be evaluated on quests completed, highscore and other factors.

Slowly people would go from normal human, to others. New characters would be introduced after this period, dropping them into the next game.

Now that I think of it, I believe Gantz was also similar in this setting?

Anyway, I'm going to head off to bed, but I'm happy to continue talking later.

I'd say post the information in the rpnation writing section so people can get a look, might generate new interest.

It is a little similar yeah, but I'm trying to be less number specific than a true litrpg. Game elements such as game screens and levels will be a thing though.

As I said,, I'm kind of loosely basing the idea off Terror Infinity, a light novel about people basically being forced through horror movies to...do something. I never finished reading the series. The basic premise was that they'd follow the storyline as background characters and by beating a set goal, they get to survive and use points at their hub to by various skills and items. I believe spideman's powers were mentioned at some point.

My idea would be characters going through many video game esque scenarios. Murder Mysteries, platforms, shooters, ect.

After each game, characters would be evaluated on quests completed, highscore and other factors.

Slowly people would go from normal human, to others. New characters would be introduced after this period, dropping them into the next game.

Now that I think of it, I believe Gantz was also similar in this setting?

Anyway, I'm going to head off to bed, but I'm happy to continue talking later.
The mechanics personally remind me of platformer games that give you upgrades as you play, like The Binding of Isaac, Dead Cells, Risk of Rain, etc. I'm super interested in this! I'd love to see the difference in how the 'players' navigate puzzles, survival situations, combat, and whatever else you can come up with. I'll stay updated.

Sweet, that is at least three. We can get started if everyone is still interested.

Unlike other roleplays there won't be any character sheets...at least not right away. I'm going to drop you right into the action.

Well, this picked up a bit. I'll make the main thread when I get home and tag everyone in it. But! Once we've started no one can join in until the next game.

I have absolutely no idea where this is going and I love it.

Alright. Tagged everyone I think. Come into the post with a description of your character, maybe what they last remember, and then what they do in this first car. This could also include moving to the next car.

Please. Begin.

😈

Users who are viewing this thread

Back