• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Galcora Cluster: IS (OPEN)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here

KennethPhoenix18

Loved by Christ
Hc4j58K.png

tOzgRqT.png

After the death of the Origin World of Helia, the stars around were filled with a magic unseen before. The mortals of that dead world were sent across those stars to fill. Some took that power, other built science to now reach back out to new worlds around them.

• In the comfort of their closed garden space sat the empress of the Vannali Dominion, with her oldest daughter. They were drinking tea and playing a board game together. High Form was the game, a simple game of wits and strategy. Currently, Elsia was holding a strong position but had made a weakness in her play. Jenia stared at the board, taking a sip of her tea she reached out and took the advantage. Elsia smiled, happy to see her daughter found her mistake. "Good, you caught me and no that was purely a misplay on my part."

The teenage girl beamed at that. "I caught the great Vanki, herself in a bad move. Leena and Krol will love to hear this." A sharp glare followed from her mother. "Carefully now, you may be in line for the throne, but I am still your mother. Your move." Pulling her hand back from the board. Jenia rolled her eyes and took her turn. "Mother, we are meeting with those inhumans, correct? Blood drinkers? It's ghastly and profane. Why must we?" Elsia knew this question would come up, being the ruler of such a massive empire especially one that spanned the stars wasn't easy. They needed to meet with this so-called League of Blood because of who they were, or at least what they could become. From the initial reports, the people there were enhanced humans with great magical abilities. While not a favorable kind of magic. Elsia knew they would become terribly powerful in time, and that would be an ally they want out their side. Tensions with the Federation only grow.

"Because despite being vampires. That is what they are called, I doubt we should be calling them blood drinkers, it could offend. As a species, they are twice as strong, fast, and hardy as us. They live longer, and with that age comes experience. And that is from they lessers beings, a full vampire must be even more powerful." Sipping her cup, Jenia replied. "But what of our great technologies? The magical forces we wield, the Blade's fleets? Do those not matter?" Elsia now realized what she was getting at. "Ahh, I do believe if a war would to happen we could win but it would be at a great loss. If that can be avoided and we make a powerful ally, then we succeed at our task. As rulers, our duty is to take care of our people not win wars. Do you understand, my sweet Strawberry?"

Jenia flushed, and nodded. "Mother I am fifteen years old. I do not care for these names... I am the Laanki now, please treat as such. I understand..." Finishing her tea, Elsia smiled smoothing over her daughter's hair. "I am your mother, and you're my lovely girl. Now finish your turn, it was you who asked to play." Jenia softened and went back to playing with her mother. These were good moments for them, treasured times together.

Last edited:

• "Checkmate, your Eminence," said the imposing looking woman sitting across from the Grand Master. She was tall and athletic if not pushing into muscular with the finest made armor one could expect of the Master of the Sword. Her name was Lura Tinov and she had recently ascended to her seat after defeated the previous Master in single combat. Ascension in the Sword often was bloody and lead to such displays of martial prowess, but it was also what ensured only the greatest warriors remained in control of the League's ground forces.

"Well, so it is, Lura. You've won again," replied the Grand Master with one of his calm smiles. There was not anger in his tone, nor his eyes. This was all part of the game to him; winning, losing or drawing all fed him information about his opponents. The only way to remain on top in the League was to be prepared to match wits with anyone who might challenge him. Thankfully single combat was not how one became Grand Master, for Pyotor was sure he would lose if it came to that. He was good at fighting, had even been a Shadow in the Pale Hand for a time, but never would he match the prowess of someone like Lura Tinov.

"I can never tell if you're letting me win or not," Tinov noted with slight annoyance as she crosses her arms to regard the ruler of all of the League of Blood. She had not the support to try to oust him, nor currently the desire considering his current edicts were increasing the size of the Sword in preparation for what was to be a major military expedition. Too many of her subordinates would back him against her if she tried something foolish and they both knew it, which meant supporting him proved wiser in the long term for when one of the others might take a shot at him. Generally those close to successful Grand Masters always had a better chance of becoming one themselves in the aftermath. Thus was the way of the League.

"Where would the fun be in letting you know which one it is?" countered the Grand Master with a laugh as he lounges back in the comfortable seat. Pyotor Osipov might have been a bit of a dandy when it came to his outfits, but that was all for show. It made him seem harmless and disarming even to other Vampires who could forget this man had thus far ruled as Grand Master for 500 years and was the Master of the Pale Hand before that. His time as spymaster had been a trying one considering the Solari and their brutality against the League. The Pale Hand had been quite ruthless in its operations against the Solari Empire, crippling and ruining tech bases and stores of knowledge. That was the sort of man who ruled the League now. One who would kill you in detail should you prove a threat to him or his people.

"I suppose uncertainty is part of all conflict," Tinov noted with a slight nod which made Osipov give a more pleased smile.

"Precisely! A point I have to sometimes hammer away at some of the other Masters. So then? Next game?" Osipov offers as he clears the board and new pieces start to appear. Chess still was his favorite game to play with his subordinates and all had taken to practicing more. It was meetings like these where the Grand Master often made major decisions. One could even play him for a decision to be made, one of his little games of power he played. The problem was that you weren't sure if he would lose on purpose... or if you really had won your victory and edict decision. Thus were the mind games played by one Pyotor Osipov, Grand Master of the League of Blood.

Master of the Sword.jpg

Cold Bloodied
On the Bludgeon Assault Frigate, "The Lancer's Joist" a meeting of historical proportions was taking place. The Halkai Fleet has had decent trading relationships with the League of Blood for several decades by now, and had gained a strong foothold within League Space, and now because due to it's strong ties to the League that they had reached out to the Fleet to act a mediator for a rather important exchange of diplomatic interests. The pay was decent enough, the requirements were reletively little, but the largest threat came from the fact that should all go wrong under his watch, then Leopold Gringer might need to dedicate his fleet to an ill-started war, and possibly cut ties with a rather profitable business venture.

As the shuttles reached "The Lancer's Joist", their passengers were led into secure rooms where the two sides were frisked for weapons before being sent into the meeting Chamber. Realistically, this would have been most or less a recreation room for the crew, but as the Elthars do, they had to work with what they were given. The room was cleaned, and decorated to be made in a fashion fitting for a diplomatic meeting, with a large table made out of metal and plastic sitting in the middle, surrounded by modest chairs made of steel and tungsten. As both sides had brought their own retinue of guards, so did Leopold sent his own security force, two for ever one each side had brought. These guards wore heavy, armored E-suits, and carried the latest in anti-personnel weaponry, primarily Flachette Shotguns, and Javelin Carbines weapons designed to fire armor piercing darts at high speeds into their targets.

These weapons brought some comfort to the Admiral, as he watches as both parties enter the room and take their seats. A male Dehtar, wearing a grey E-Suit envoy and flanked by two Elthar guards walks up to the table and addresses both leaders.

"Greetings, and welcome to "The Lancer's Joist." I am Callion Forys, and I shall be assisting in the mediation of this parley. Please note that this shall be recorded, and that any aggression upon this vessel shall be seen as an aggression towards the Halkai Fleet. If you may take your seats, we shall begin the diplomatic talks when both sides are ready."

Crocodile Crocodile KennethPhoenix18 KennethPhoenix18

Cold Bloodied

As the Grand Master of the League walked in, Elsia laughed internally. 'He's quite dandy... Isn't he...' None of that was vocalized but she knew that her people who already looked down on them would only discriminate further. She nodded to the Grand Master, and introduced herself. "Well met, good sir. I am Vanki Elsia Helma, Crowned by Mark. Fear not this blade, it today is only acting as my show of station." The Fleet mediator came up and greeted the group and ask them to take their seat. With a quiet nodded, Elsia sat sword still out held in one hand. Taln and Jenia follow sitting to her left and right respectively.

"Finishing introductions, this is my daughter and heir. Laanki Jenia Helma, Scion of the Crown and this is Taln Fe of Head Clan Tila and the Order of Heart. Thank you for meeting with us Grand Master. To start off I would like to ask what are your plans for development? Word I hear is that your planet has a large population, more than it may ultimately be able to handle in time? The Dominion would like to aid you in any prospective efforts? As we have here, do the Fleets have any requests to make of us?" Her tone was even, and light, Elsia didn't smile her mood was stoic. She wanted to present themselves as inviting, despite knowing how much her people disliked non-humans, this information didn't take long to get out. Taln quietly nodded in agreement with his monarch.

Jenia was scared even though she was protected by the best her people could offer. She was worried if that she would make a mistake in front of her mother and these important people. Jenia honestly didn't want to be there but she had to be. She wanted to make her mother proud of her, and carry the torch of the Helma line.

Crocodile Crocodile DapperKnight DapperKnight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back