• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Galaxy is ours! OOC chat

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Ok so the rules of cursing is do not curse all the time like shit fuck shit fuck or anything. Swearing should be used when someone is in a bad situation and sometimes casually. Do not say it constantly please because it can lose its meaning really fast.

Murdergurl Murdergurl to answer your question, So the beginning scene for this rp is the empire is looking for Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma character who is a super powerful droid (see OC sheet). That means that they are guarding a lot of the transport sites and blocking travel which is a problem. My guy Eren and Admiral Harken a throwable character are trying to get off the planet but are stopped by the empire forces.

Ok so the rules of cursing is do not curse all the time like shit fuck shit fuck or anything. Swearing should be used when someone is in a bad situation and sometimes casually. Do not say it constantly please because it can lose its meaning really fast.

Murdergurl Murdergurl to answer your question, So the beginning scene for this rp is the empire is looking for Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma character who is a super powerful droid (see OC sheet). That means that they are guarding a lot of the transport sites and blocking travel which is a problem. My guy Eren and Admiral Harken a throwable character are trying to get off the planet but are stopped by the empire forces.
Can you tell me more about Orandia, and Orandia Station? the information that I found on the Wookiepedia is... scant, to say the least.

It doesn't have a lot going on and I wouldn't imagine that Palptitine would see much point in colonizing it because it is bleak. Orandia station is a pit stop for travelers and would be useful because it in the outer rim.

I've been rather distracted lately, sorry about not getting a post up. >.<

It doesn't have a lot going on and I wouldn't imagine that Palptitine would see much point in colonizing it because it is bleak. Orandia station is a pit stop for travelers and would be useful because it in the outer rim.
yeah, that's pretty much everything the wookiepedia told me: bleak, in the Outer Rim and run by a Bith that (along with his brother on Nal Hutta) would scam peiple into stopping at the fuel depot because they'd only fuel them up from Nal Hutta with enough to get to Orondia.

Which, btw, makes absolutely no sense. Even modern cars have a fuel meter. Does no one bother to check before they leave the spaceport that all systems are go and the fuel is topped off? Total plot hole, imo.

But I digress. "Bleak" is the descriptor that keeps coming up. But what kind of terrain is most common, I wonder? Like what is the region like around the station? "Bleak" is pretty vague, imo.

...sighs... I'll figure something out. At least this place is in the Outer Rim and would make sense for my gal to be there. She could be in the middle of doing some prate stuff. maybe meeting a contact and conducting business when all this ruckus goes down. Not that she'd engage anyone that makes themselves out to be a Jedi/Sith.

And, I had a question regarding Imperial pesence on Orondia. If it's in Hutt Space, why are there stormtroopers and Imperials even there? It's out of their governmental jurisdiction, is it not?

yeah, that's pretty much everything the wookiepedia told me: bleak, in the Outer Rim and run by a Bith that (along with his brother on Nal Hutta) would scam peiple into stopping at the fuel depot because they'd only fuel them up from Nal Hutta with enough to get to Orondia.

Which, btw, makes absolutely no sense. Even modern cars have a fuel meter. Does no one bother to check before they leave the spaceport that all systems are go and the fuel is topped off? Total plot hole, imo.

But I digress. "Bleak" is the descriptor that keeps coming up. But what kind of terrain is most common, I wonder? Like what is the region like around the station? "Bleak" is pretty vague, imo.

...sighs... I'll figure something out. At least this place is in the Outer Rim and would make sense for my gal to be there. She could be in the middle of doing some prate stuff. maybe meeting a contact and conducting business when all this ruckus goes down. Not that she'd engage anyone that makes themselves out to be a Jedi/Sith.

And, I had a question regarding Imperial pesence on Orondia. If it's in Hutt Space, why are there stormtroopers and Imperials even there? It's out of their governmental jurisdiction, is it not?
Well, it is an alternate universe. So maybe that can be fudged a bit, but honestly that seems a little hand wavy. So it might be that the Empire’s not supposed to be there, but because of the concentration of PoI’s on the planet and the remoteness, this operation is being done under the table.

That being said, it is a pretty big plot hole.

The descriptor of the landscape as Bleak gives it a really deserted feel. My interpretation of Orondia would probably be something along the lines of a colder, sandier planet that’s just barely breathable/livable. With consistently blue and gray shades.

I am of course, working off what the planet looks like from space. Very lunar and empty, sort of like the bottom of the ocean but without any water.

So I guess a cold desert is the easiest way to explain my interpretation. Though do with that what you will.

Yeah I did not take that into account. The empire could be there to do something shady and undercover there even if it does not make much sense. This is an AU so yeah...but it is a big plot hole. Or the empire could have paid off the Hutts to go there because of the remoteness.

I might have to back off this RP as it is going a little faster than expected.

I might have to back off this RP as it is going a little faster than expected.
bruh, I haven't even gotten my intro post in yet.

Headstrong Jack Headstrong Jack which btw, I will probably finish tomorrow. I was working on it tonight. But I have to get up in about four hours for work, so final edits and all that will have to wait until tomorrow evening/night before it gets posted

I don't want you to have to wait for me, so go ahead and post. I will be dropping this RP. I do apologize.

So having Nabrina just pointlessly joining in on the fight that's happening isn't really in her character (nor does it make sense, plot-wise). I didn't wanna just shoehorn her into the action, and I felt compelled to open the introduction with a reason for her to even be at the station.

Any ideas on how we could incorporate her into the group in the long view? It's your story Headstrong Jack Headstrong Jack , i just need to know what your planning to do with the overall narrative since the approach you're taking seems to be posting solely as your character. I didn't see a post made to omnisciently address the group as a whole. In my experience, that's usually what a GM will drop for the group to work off of.

Hmmm, well I was planning on everyone shoehorning into the action so apologies. I think we can come up with a reason for her to be wanted by the empire. There's gotta be something that we can work out. I want everyone to meet up with each other and have kind of a bad batch running away from the empire and fighting thing. So I think that for that I will need to make a post acknowledging everyone like you said.

I am learning to be a GM so apologies if I make mistakes or something. The story will involve our characters traveling around the galaxy and trying to keep away from the empire.

Hmmm, well I was planning on everyone shoehorning into the action so apologies. I think we can come up with a reason for her to be wanted by the empire. There's gotta be something that we can work out. I want everyone to meet up with each other and have kind of a bad batch running away from the empire and fighting thing. So I think that for that I will need to make a post acknowledging everyone like you said.
okay... let's pretend I haven't watched the Bad Batch. Because I haven't lol (in reality, I only remotely know what you're talking about because I've seen toys at walmart with the subtitle on them). So the reference doesn't mean much to me. lol sorry about that

But as far as being wanted by the empire, that's definitely a thing. She's a pirate afterall, and imperial ships are not off limits to her marauding.
I am learning to be a GM so apologies if I make mistakes or something. The story will involve our characters traveling around the galaxy and trying to keep away from the empire.
it's not mistakes, per se. There are lots of different ways to approach RP. It's just that typically a GM sets up the scene and setting and gives the participating characters a stage and prompt to reply to, instead of just running in with their personal character like a 1x1. If that's how you want to run it, it's your show. it's just... a little janky for me to figure out a way in that doesnt come off like it was forced and having everyone run to interact with your specific character because they are the only assured point of a plot driver. It would seem pretty lame (to me) to just try to jam my character into what's currently going on like, "Hey, wait for me", and then she's also in the ship with the rest of the group. Especially when she has her own ship that is a core part of her archetype... and ESPECIALLY because she wants nothing to do with Jedi and Sith (I had voiced this before I had submitted the character to see if she was even copacetic to the intended story for reasons just like this, actually)

Also, pretty much all three of you have already taken the violent introduction, so it seems a little redundant to have Nabrina just show up and start blasting into a fight that wasn't her business to begin with. And I mean, Nabrina isn't a combatant first and foremost. I'm not saying she;s incompetent in a fight. But piloting and language are her dominant areas of expertise. She's more the type to let others do the fighting for her. Or wait until her foe isn't expecting a fight and then blowing them out of an airlock or something. lol

Last edited:
Also, pretty much all three of you have already taken the violent introduction,
I won’t say my hand was forced, but my character was tentatively alluded to in the intro post, so we could assume they were probably nearby (It doesn’t take very long to jump space Afterall) and my character probably wouldn’t’ve had more than at most a day after their containment vessel was located to get away from the empire, and stowing a way off on a freighter is harder than you’d think.

She let disgust and annoyance win her over, preventing any possibility of subterfuge, and revealing her presence. But the empire probably already knew what her body is supposed to look like most of the time, so it probably wouldn’t’ve worked anyway.

I might’ve considered having my character appear in the bar. But due to the general hostility to droids, and the fact that even despite looking human, she would very clearly not be old enough to drink if she was, HK-Ü probably wouldn’t be left in. So she couldn’t’ve interacted with your character in the first place.

I hope you understand that my choice for a violent introduction, was a matter of circumstance and characterization.

I won’t say my hand was forced, but my character was tentatively alluded to in the intro post, so we could assume they were probably nearby (It doesn’t take very long to jump space Afterall) and my character probably wouldn’t’ve had more than at most a day after their containment vessel was located to get away from the empire, and stowing a way off on a freighter is harder than you’d think.

She let disgust and annoyance win her over, preventing any possibility of subterfuge, and revealing her presence. But the empire probably already knew what her body is supposed to look like most of the time, so it probably wouldn’t’ve worked anyway.

I might’ve considered having my character appear in the bar. But due to the general hostility to droids, and the fact that even despite looking human, she would very clearly not be old enough to drink if she was, HK-Ü probably wouldn’t be left in. So she couldn’t’ve interacted with your character in the first place.

I hope you understand that my choice for a violent introduction, was a matter of circumstance and characterization.
i wasnt saying there was anything wrong with anyone's choice of introduction. All I'm saying is I'd wanna do something a little different than what's already been played out (and definitely mean to keep her in-character)

i wasnt saying there was anything wrong with anyone's choice of introduction. All I'm saying is I'd wanna do something a little different than what's already been played out (and definitely mean to keep her in-character)
I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back