• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western [ALWAYS OPEN!]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Adrian Hawthorne "make short doctor"
Adrian's had it. His patience is gone. He puts both knifes on the hot plate, heating the blades.
" arkeep. Instead of sitting on your ass and give me some more vodka. And some towels. Clean ones unless you want his wound to be infected. You know what. Fuck it. I don't give a damn what you want. Towels. Now!"
The look on his face, combined with the bood, makes him look psychotic. It be best if people do not fuck with him for a while. He is probably going to go psycho from this bartender. But st least he is prepared for a new scuffle. His hands may be occupied but by the time she would've fired s taser had her, she would have three new bullet holes in her rib cage he goes back into the patient.
"Don't worry pal. Your gonna make it. Your in the hands of a.... a... semi-professional."
He has a small, crazy laugh of a madman.

Rockwithfries Rockwithfries capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

Freddy King
“The Bounty Hunter And Gun Dilema.”
The man seemed in full control of the vehicle. He had to learn how to drive these things, it was common for guns to be the chauffeur. He removed his satchel and placed it on the girl’s lap. “There’s a map in the first pocket if it helps. Canned ham in the other if you’re feeling hungry. As for me getting mad. It’s because I hate being assumed as one. No offense but I feel like being a bounty hunter limits my options. I’m a side gun sure but I do other stuff, as long as the credit is good. I only do the killing if it’s part of the job.”

As he spoke, his gripped tightened on the wheel. His face going dark as he spoke. “But I ain’t against the penalty. Anyways, enough about me. I ain’t here to tell a life story.” He kept the silence for a good minutes before another attempt to break the ice. “So what ‘bout you miss? There’s bound to be a reason for you being in the bounty business.”
Interactions: Avari Avari

LUCY VALENTINE

"You shouldn't care too much about the thoughts of others, sweet thing."
Lucy gave him a small smirk as she leant forward to tinker with the dashboard. A small flickering display came to life, and Lucy scrolled through the list that appeared and selected an option. She leant back in her chair and closed her eyes as music started to come out of the Rover's speakers.

"Part-time darling - If that. I do it for fun. I certainly don't need the money, but it does have a wonderful way of making one feel alive."

She leant back further in her chair, as if she was going to fall asleep.

"The man we're after. Larkin. White collar criminal. Tax evasion - wanted alive. And that's how I like it. I don't do messy jobs; the thought of getting blood on my armor is too horrible to contemplate. The thrill is in the chase."

She opened an eye, shooting him a sultry glance.

"It gets me excited."

---

INTERACTION B BlueClover

Quinn tilted his head towards the stranger to his side, watching him down a Glostik, his introduction coming to a close.

"Who the hell is this guy" thought Quinn to himself, reaching to his empty bottle. Knocking back the bottom shelf liquor until what few drops remained were imbibed.

"Listen.... uhhh.... guy" said Quinn with a burp taking a moment to gather his thoughts.

"I ain't trapping Khodai, see it--

"No Quinn! Not so loud! It's illegal! Someone might hear!" Inturrupted Jay, cybernetic arm attempting to silence its owner.

"Shut..... shut up Jay.... just shut up god damn it, no one.... no one cares about fuckin Khodai" rambled the vagrant. Turning his eyes from arm to man, man to arm and back before continuing.

"No one trapping Khodai.... ya get em down...."

"Ya get em down, and... and chop em up.... real gritty shit kid"

"You dont.... you dont got the stomach for it.... not coming" stuttered Quinn, somehow sounding decisive despite the mangled and haphazard arrangement of his words.

"The whole bar knows Q, you're so loud! It might be a good idea to bring backup! Dont want to get ripped off of all those parts!" Whispered Jay's synthetic voice, prompting the drunkard to look back at the young man, a thoughtfulness taking hold, drunken eyes darting to the weaponry carried by the man, giving Quinn reason to re-think.

"Jay here..... Jay got a point.... could use you out there kid.... dont want to get.... get ripped off.... but if you try anything funny I'll rip yur' arms out the sockets!" ranted Quinn, inching his face towards the grey haired man, right eye bulging and wild.

"Names Quinn" he continued, extending his less than hygienic hand to the dealer in a sign of.... well, not friendship.... but something.

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Last edited:
LEVI STARK, "THE MAN FROM GALILEE"
Sheesh. And some folk thought his bedside manner needed work. But this militiaman, the one repairing the hole in Blue Duster's chest, looked as if he was going crazy, what with all the barking and the... creepy laugh. Not at all the sort of attitude you'd want from somebody trying to stitch you up. "You, uh... you sure you're cut out for this, doc?" Levi asked hesitantly as he reached for another patron's glass of vodka and handed it over to the militiaman, before shredding up his poncho to create a few more makeshift towels.

The barmaid's threat to shock anyone who touched their guns was lost on him; he knew better than to pull out his Lavretsovs in a public place. Unlike Blue Duster, apparently.

"Helloo, is there anybody in thereeeee? Just nod if you can hear meeee. Is there anyone home?" Whispered a radio under the sounds of thick rubber tires on the martian surface. From the windshield of the king-sized rover the very peaks of three of the five buildings of Babylon rose above the nearest hill. Within minutes the others came into view, and within a half an hour the rover made it to the junction between the center-most and the northern buildings. The middle one had the largest shopping district, and the northern the largest population of upper-class people. Or rather, what passed for upper class on mars.

"Come on, now. I hear you're feeling down. Well I can ease your pain, Get you on your feet again." The music became louder to anyone within earshot as the side panel of the rover dropped down to reveal a storefront of sorts. From the ceiling hung two baskets full of fresh fruit. Oranges and apples and bananas. The table had various cooking knives, lighters, bags of chips, pens, gum, basically anything cheap one might buy for half the credits in bulk than they were being sold for now. Somewhat separated from the other items on the store table on the side of this caravan convenient store was a couple dozen little capsules with a bright green label that read "Dr. Jone's burn healing ointment. Heals 3rd degree burns in less than 24 hours!" Anyone who wanted to look into the back of the caravan hoping to see who was inside would have no luck, as there was a bead curtain in between a foot of the window and the rest of the back of the rover. That is until a man in a rather unassuming hat with an oxygen mask on stepped forward through the curtain, causing them to rustle in protest. His eyes scanned the crowed with their own breathing apparatuses making the migration to and from the northern building and the center building. One of the men seemed to catch the salesman's eye, as he spoke to him abruptly. The passerby was rather surly, with a few scars and clinks on his metal power armor. Obviously the mercenary type.

"Excuse me, sir! If I may have a moment of your time." The roughneck seemed surprised at being addressed so directly, and approached the desk of the shop. "Thank you my good sir, may I ask your name?"

"Mark."

"Ah, good one. Your mother had good taste. Tell me, do you ever find yourself with inexplicable laser burns?" Said the salesman with a wink. Mark chuckled.

"What if I did?" Said Mark, playing along with the salesman's inside joke he'd set up.

"Well this ointment here, Dr. Jone's burn healing ointment, can heal up to third degree burns in twenty four hours." Mark's eyebrows raised.

"Ya don't say?"

"Unbelievable right? Dr. Jones is the top researching in medical recovery in the pentagon on Earth right now and developed this ointment. It's very new! I got this burn here from a Khodai ruffian halfway between here and the Eden Settlement just this morning! And look at it now." He showed the back of his hand, which was slightly red and swollen.

"How much?"

"Ah straight and to the point Mark, that's why I like you. Usually I charge twenty credits a bottle but for you I'd do seventeen. You seem like you might need a few." Said the salesman with a smile.

Mark walked away with a smile on his face that suggested he thought he'd made out like a bandit. The same smile could be found on the salesman's face. Jeremiah had filled a bunch of tiny bottles with lotion and, in classic Jeremiah fashion, sold them at a high price to people who don't know any better. He would have to make sure to leave town before Mark had a chance to figure that out, and anyone else who might pick some up. Still, this didn't seem to be Jeremiah's main priority. He kept glancing at his watch as if waiting for something.

Adrian Hawthorne

Adrian ignores the Bible guy. He pours the rest of the vodka into the mans wound. He can already feel the second hand pain he has just caused the guy. He finishes his stitching job, closing the wound. Even though he has closed the wound, it is still bleeding profusely.
"let's hope my pig-sticker is heated up yet"
Share enough, the once silvery grey knife is now an orange color from the heat. He grasps the warm blade by the handle. He grabs some of the torn poncho and stuffs it in he mans mouth
"Best be wanting your tongue not bitten"
He has a sly smile before pressing the red hot blade into the wound. A loud pop followed with a sizzling of flesh being burnt. Adrian has successfully cauterized the wound. The dental floss stitches has been burnt off and now some burn scar tissue is left. Some blood still remains on the patient.
"Someone help me Cary him to a room. I'll pay for him to stay until he has healed enough to walk."
He says the last part to the bartender. The other one was more of a general request. He props the man up and puts his left arm around his neck so he can support him.

Rockwithfries Rockwithfries NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Hm. There was still something a bit off about this militiaman. But at the very least, Blue Duster's chest wound was patched up and the bleeding had stopped for now, so that was something. Levi wrapped the wounded man's other arm around his own shoulders, and helped hoist him up; he was closest to the patient when the militiaman had called for assistance, after all. "I still think he should go to a proper doctor," he remarked as he gently adjusted Blue Duster's position. "At least, when he's a bit more... y'know, conscious."

( Bill Nein Bill Nein Rockwithfries Rockwithfries )

MERCHANT-UNDERLING OLADA TOVYR-DAH, "THE PEDDLER"
"What do you mean, fifty shells? This thing isn't even worth half that! Twenty shells, and that's as high as I'm willing to pay."

Tovyr-Dah sighed and put one of her palms to her face. "For the last time, this 'thing' really is worth fifty shells," she clicked and signed exasperatedly. "Do you have any idea what this is? This is the fuel filter of a human shuttle gas tank. An extremely rare item that, now I think it, is actually worth more than fifty. You should be glad that I'm offering it to you at the price I am." She made as if to take the fuel filter away. "But, if you don't want to pay fifty for it, then I suppose I can offer you something else."

The Khodai who wanted the fuel filter shrunk back, clasping the item as if it were precious. "No!" he shrilled, his filter mask muffling his voice. "I still want it."

"Then will you pay fifty for it?"

"... Twenty-five."

"Get out." Tovyr-Dah began to draw one of the Reaxis blackblades she kept at her waist; apparently, this was sufficient "encouragement" for the customer to drop the fuel filter and scurry away, muttering something derogatory about her gender. She sighed again and returned the blade to its scabbard, before picking up the fuel filter, dusting it off, and returning it to its place on her weathered and worn merchant's cart. She sat down on the ground next to it, removed her own filter mask, and scooped up a large handful of Martian soil. She munched tiredly on it.

She had been in the merchant business for far too long. nearly every day, it was the same ol' same ol': awful attempts at haggling, comments about how she defied Khodai tradition with her choice of occupation, sometimes even outright invitations to violence. But it was too late for her; she was stuck in the merchant business, and would be until she croaked.

Leaning against her cart, she withdrew from a small cabinet an extremely worn booklet and began to skim its contents, all while rubbing her abdomen idly. Those eggs in there would never get fertilized by a strapping, large-horned male; she just didn't have the sex appeal for it. Another inevitability that she was unhappy with...

# # #

BRANDON'S FOOTHILLS
5km OUTSIDE THE BOUNDARIES OF NEW EDEN COLONY
A small patrol of Khodai, of the Clan Durrus, swarmed about the fractured hull of an abandoned landing craft, crashed some years previous by rather reckless human explorers. Eagerly, the insects picked apart the remains, delving deep into the craft's inner workings to search for the juiciest bits they could get their four hands on: motors, pistons, hull plating, vents, you name it. Each Khodai playfully gloated to his scavenging mates about the assumed superiority of their finds.

William made a choking noise, “God damn, that’s the last time I-“

Williams stops himself from continuing as he nearly says that’s the last time I gamble, William did not want to lie to the people that saved his life. He turned towards the people carrying him and laughed, “Well I guess I have you guys to thank for saving me, huh?”

“Thanks” he says a bit quieter
————————————————————
Bill Nein Bill Nein
capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Adrian Hawthorne
"Eyeglass"

Adrian looks at the man like he is the lunatic. "That my friend was a tried and true patch up from yours truly"
He lumbers the body before opening a door
"1....2....3"
With that count he fixed the position to where he lifted blue duster in his arms and sprawled him on the bed. He arranged him neatly on the bed and pulls all the sheets off the bed. Adrian pulls out a slip of paper before realizing he is covered in blood. He puts the bloodied paper back in his pocket.
"I'm going to clean up.... then leave my bill"
He walks to the bathroom and looks at himself in the sink. He sees that his somewhat tan skin is now a shade of Rust. His piercing blue eyes bloodshot, his blonde hair greasy. Adrian doesn't recognize the man in the mirror and draws his pistol. After realizing it's him he laughs... a bit uncomfortably. Adrian runs water into the drain from the faucet. He positions his pistol and his hat on the counter in the bathroom. Adrian starts to wash his face and after five minutes, the blood from his hands, face, and hair are gone. Though there are a couple of Permanently red Towels in the receptacle. Adrian's hair is still greasy but at least it isn't caked in blood. He pulls out a fresh peice of paper and a pencil conveniently stored in his lapel. He writes "400 credits" with somewhat messy writing. He comes back out with s new towel to wipe the blood of the man. After wiping the blood, and staining yet another towel, he places the note on the nightstand next to the bed. He returns to the bathroom and holsters his pistol. He turns to the man who helped him
"The names Adrian, Adrian Hawthorn. Thank you for assisting me."
He holds his hand out to shake it. His voice suddenly professional and serious.

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS Rockwithfries Rockwithfries

"Shhh, shhh," Levi said to Blue Duster, who was making a rather uncomfortable choking sound. "Best not talk for a while, mate; don't want to risk opening that hole in your chest again." He gently assisted the militiaman in laying the wounded man upon a bed, and stayed with him as the former went to a washroom to tidy up. "Had me worried for a bit there," he said. "Tell you what, you stay here and rest, get better, and while you do, I'll find you a nice suit of armor, to keep... that-" he gestured to the scarring tissue on Blue Duster's chest- "from happening again real soon."

The militiaman returned from the washroom, and offered his thanks for assistance and a handshake. Adrian, he said his name was. Levi took his hand and shook firmly. "Levi. Glad I could help."

Adrian Hawthorne
"Eyeglass"

Adrian looks the man in the eyes
"I appreciate the help."

Adrian felt like he could've said more but he didn't. Adrian leaves the room and goes to where he dropped his shotty. He slings the weapon around his back before heading to Erica.
"I'll pay for a room."
He looks stressed and tired, the life from his eyes drained. He loooks like he almost had a panic attack.

Mentioned: capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS
Interacting with: NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

William Harrison
William nodded towards Levi and laid on the bed, it had been a long day and William was tired. His eyes shifted back and forth, before closing and going into the land of Morpheus.

He began to dream, his mind imagining and taking him back to that day. The rover was loud and was not fun for anyone to be in. The two men in the rover sang songs and told stories about various things in their life.

“We’ll be entering Khodai territory soon” William spoke to Harry

Harry shrugged, and shook his head, “c’mon William, nothin bad is going to happen to me or you.”

c144f7bb33d6f687822e623a69cbb6fd.jpg
"There is a saying that passes from town to town, every now and then. It's a mighty ole' expression datin back to the ole western days on the big blue marble we call earth. When days such as these where all is silent on the frontier; nothing but dust and tumble weed brews along. N' ya hear a shriek in the distance; Ya better bail, when ya hear that wail, cuz that banshee just might nail you to a cross." -Paul the Hermit, some time ago
Cornelia Aldrin
Babylon

All was silent on the frontier. Naught but wind and dust a'blowin around on this martian ground, ripe for a storm to brew. Far out in the distance a gust of dirt could be seen, and if one listened closely one could hear the sound of death comin near. The closer the cloud got the louder the wailing became. It had gotten so loud to the point that you'd be deaf not to hear it, whether you were inside or out. It was then that gust took a turn to dive behind a rock dissipated and the shrieking along with it.
What followed after though was a person. She wore combat armor scarred and scorched in some areas from years of battle. A beige hooded cloak was wrapped around her body covering much of her armor, but also had a sword of strapped to her back. One arm was hidden within the cloak but the other was gripping the strap of her rifle as she trod towards the market.
The market was quieter than usual, and a strange aura of gloom was in the air, gripping to the townsfolk. Though the initial spook has mostly worn off it seemed most people couldn't shake the feeling of something bad was about to happen. But that was the usual case when she arrived to any town, cuz somtin' bad always happens when she drops by.
Cornelia noticed a familiar sight in the corner of her visor though. She turned and saw that over-sized rover and smirked underneath her helmet. She casually mosied on over to the mobile shop and put her arm on the storefront counter. Cornelia eyed the shop keeper up and own, and lookin' all around before she pressed her lips to speak. "Well I'll be damned. Didn't think I'd be seein yer ugly mug around here, Jeremiah."

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

"Mars ain't the kind of place, ta raise your kids..." The radio of the Caravan droned onward, now playing an eerily fitting tune to the scene around. It was gradually being overshadowed by a loud screeching noise. One that Jeremiah was all too accustomed too. He didn't look up from the customer he was with, as that was poor salesmanship. A mother was buying an apple for her small son, but was trying to hurry Jeremiah along silently to bag up her goods. He could see behind her all of the people heading for one of the two entrances to the north and central buildings rather more hurredly than before. By the time the tall, familiar suit of power armor showed itself from behind the rock, the only two people in the expanse between the buildings were the merchant and the woman who had just arrived. Two souls of mars who seemed eternally intertwined. Jeremiah had no customers now, thanks to his old friend, so he filled the time she spent walking over to him with a prudent stare in her direction. One that says "I'm not happy to see you, but I should have expected it." When Nelly reached the counter of his Caravan he busied himself with picking out the old or rotting fruit from his hanging racks.

"That bike of yours sounded a little choked today, Nelly. I've got some oil in the back." Jeremiah said, tossing out an apple with a sunken hole in it into the sand. This comment came out as if from a completely different person from before. Less the salesman, more familiar to Nelly he sounded like he was addressing an annoying older sister.

MsPolite MsPolite

Freddy King
“A Classic Case”
“You know, it kinda reminds me of those old Earth movies my grandfather talked about. A bounty hunter and her ally plowing through the wastes towards their dastardly villain. It’s almost kinda cliche in a way.” Freddy let a little more of himself peek out. His laugh being one of genuine feeling and it seemed to shake from his gut.

“Got any leads? Anyone who we can rough up a little for information.” At this point he began to slow down the vehicle, slowing to a halt once they reached their destination.

LUCY VALENTINE

As the rover came to a quiet halt, Lucy flicked on her data pad - bathing the entire cockpit in a dull blue glow. It was difficult to comprehend the sheer amount of information she idly flicked through - dozens of graphs, images, topological data and a myriad of other things flashing up, only to be pushed aside as Lucy searched for what she wanted. A few moments later, the data pad gave a cheerful little chirp and Lucy, apparently content with that - flicked it off.

She gave King a pointed glance. "He's here."

Lucy scooped up her helmet from between her legs and gestured for him to do the same. She also produced what looked like a compact pair of binoculars. "I'm Going outside darling. Stay here for a moment like a good boy. Tune into comms channel 2.35."

A moment later, with their helmets fixed - Lucy gave the Rover door a firm push, and there was a powerful lurch of air as the cockpit decompressed, exposing them to the atmosphere of Mars.

She glanced back at him, her expression hidden behind her helmet.

"Back in a moment." Her voiced crackled.

Lucy climbed out the rover, and with a surprising show of strength swung around and climbed up the side of the Rover to the roof. The sound of heavy metal feet clanging on the roof.

There was a long pause. Only the harsh winds of Mars could be heard.

"Darling," Her voice suddenly crackled in her ear. "We have a teensy-tiny issue. Come up here - bring your gun."

---

IINTERACTION B BlueClover

Last edited:
8ad22b83449fc6dd5077625a0ab8df4f.jpgThe black dropship entered the sparse atmosphere of Mars, mild turbulence mitigated by servos in each wing, stabilizing the craft as is descended on the city of Babylon.

Within the ship, fingers tapping furiously, Maxim Koloff typed away, writing his daily report on affairs of interest, omitting the gritty details needed to keep said affairs on track.

Through the small window ports to Maxim's right, the tall spires of Babylon came to a focus, now close enough to see in all their glorious detail.

Maxim, not one for scenery. Quickly looked back at his computer, sending the document he'd been working on before shutting down the writing program, switching over to a long distance comms application.

Beep..... beep..... beep

Chimed the computer, syncing with its partner sattelite. After several more beeps, the communication line connected, and the clouded face of Finch materialized on the small screen, obscured by thick cigar smoke.

"What do you want Russian?" Barked Finch, cigar smoke leaking from his mouth with each word.

"The weapons Finch.... the weapons have not been delivered. Vincere ha--

"Fuck your deadlines taxman, shit takes time to shovel on Mars" Exclaimed Finch, cutting off Maxim, the Russian's lip twitching with indignation.

"Your circumstances mean nothing, little fish, those who dissapoint Vincere pay what they owe in time" Drawled Maxim, detached, his mild Russian accent obfuscating several words.

"You threaten me?" asked the mobster, amused.

"It is promise" countered Max.

"Spent much time on Mars Russian?" probed Finch, anger boiling underneath the veneer of composure.

"Enough" answered Maxim.

"So that's a no..... You dont know how business happens on this planet.... things take time here, I figured Vincere would send a professional... go figure... they send a pencil pusher"

"Earth... Mars.... the Moon.... it matters not. Business is business... you have 72 hours... location F" droned Maxim, patience thinning for the man's superiority complex.

"If I dont get you the guns?" asked Finch, coy.

"A refund, plus interest" replied Maxim.

"And if I dont pay?" continued Finch, a smirk ghosting the edge of his lip.

"One way or another, you will" countered the Russian, amused, knowing that, despite the power of the mobster and his gang, Vincere could always trump him with sheer financial power.

"Is this supposed to scare me?" asked the irritated giant, face coming close to the camera, rough features clear now with the parting of smoke.

"Artelnyi gorshok gusche kipit" mused the fixer leaning back in his chair with a sigh.

"Fuck that mean?"

"Many hands make light of heavy work" translated the earth transplant, the ship finally coming to a complete dock on one of the many spires of Babylon.

"Maybe one day we'll see if tha-- came the words of Finch, his counter cut off by Maxim closing his computer.

Within several minutes, Maxim had departed from his ship, standing in the lobby of the Babylon Marriot. Through the large glass panels lining the lobby, the red expanse of Mars unfolded before him.

However, having little time to dawdle, Maxim made his way to one of many board rooms in the hotel. He had an important meeting to attend, a conference to decide what Vinceres next move would be and how to achieve said objective, even if it entailed violence and subterfuge, and likely it would. After all, if it didn't involve some under the table activities, the attendance of Maxim would've never been requested.

Shim-Har
On the edge of Babylon, a mottled shape trawled through the dumps just on the interior of the atmosphere dome. One of the biggest cities created one of the biggest garbage heaps. And with the amount of criminal groups living in the area, you could almost always count on some black market tech to show up, whether it be tossed before raids or when the less intellectually gifted threw out what wasn't 'working'. Into the melting bowl.

The Khodai, for that's what the figure was, was illuminated only by the power cell on his back energizing his jury-rigged CO2 Rebreather. Suddenly, that small blue glow was contrasted with the bright light of a flashlight. The surprisingly quality flashlight was held above Shim's head as he picked through scrap metal. The shine illuminating the trash reflected in the goggles that were wrapped around his head, and gave his eyes a red glow. He ruffled through the junk with his free hands.

Bingo.

A small communications device was unearthed, and it looked to be in good condition. Shim placed it in a pouch that was attached on the back of his belt.

Whirrrrrrr...

The ground dropped a few inches, and the whirring stopped. Shim didn't hesitate to move, making his way down the rubbish pile with long strides and short hops. A plastic bag was smashed under his foot, coating it in a oozy sludge. He didn't react, just continued moving down the hill. If he had teeth he would've grit them.

He made it to the bottom and not a moment too soon.

Whirrrrrrr cha-chink... cha-chink... cha-chink.

The trash level dropped almost a foot at a time, into some underground area where is was sorted, compacted, and recycled. Shim didn't realize this of course; however, he had been taking from this area for long enough he knew the drill.

Chink... chonk.

And the ground was still once more. The rubbish pile had been swallowed into the earth, but more were standing to replace it. If the schedule held up- which it always had, those remaining piles would be pushed over to the input hatch shortly.

Shim skittered off to another heap.

Freddy King
“Iron In The Air”
King’s partner had left him in the car as she examined the site she had believed the bounty was hiding. Even with the door closed he could taste that familiar taste. Iron. Iron in the air.

Memories of a time long since past flooded his mind. Warnings of having to wear a mask under the solid sand that had formed beneath his father’s home. How his brother would mock him for getting his Sunday clothes dirty and how Mom would have his hide. He chuckled, it was faint but still enough for him to stop it. Those days weren’t so fond as he remembered. Then, there was the blast, the blast of a rifle.

Fortunately, it was only his imagination as he heard a call from his boss. The radio coming in static but nothing that hindered the voice. King went out, slamming the door and looking up at Valentine on top of the rover. He climbed on top himself and grabbed the binoculars. Letting out a “Pardon.” As he did so. He looked into it to see what she was talking about.

”Houses....crates....goons. If your guy is down there, it wouldn’t be best to go out on foot. It’s a deathwish waiting to happen.” That’s when a smirk escaped from his mug. “‘Course, we got a horse in rusted armor.” He pointed to the vehicle below them, then the slope. King got off the rover to inspect the slope they stood on. His plan to ride their vehicle down and attempt to use it as cover. Even if the vehicle didn’t survive, confusing and the debri might serve as cover.

Rothe Verdante "Juiceman"
Glostiks had a strange effect on the drug's users, improving social skills and making the act of engaging in conversation an addicting act. It also made the world seem a lot
more optimistic. When on the the Glo, the world was better, happier and more friendly. It could be a dangerous drug, but it wasnt its use or withdrawl that killed people. It was the
situations that it got people into, as the stimulant made people who'd normally look like evil bastards into interesting looking potential buddies.
The drug itself of course, didnt kill people. It could definitely help though. The drug already taking effect, Rothe grinned widely at the man's threat of violence.
"Pleased to meet ya Quinn! Business is business, be it bodies or body part!"
He took the man's dirty hand, disregarding its severe lack of cleanliness completely, as he was wearing gloves anyways. Then shook it vigorously.
"Your drink sir." A bot muttered as it arrived at the table, offering a bottle and several plastic cups.
"To money and making it!" He said after filling glasses for the both of them.
"To be entirely honest though, itd be wise to get some backup if we're gonna be dismembering some Khodai" Lowering his voice as he spoke, not for any sort of effect but simply because Rothe had noticed his voice steadily growing louder. "If we wanna make real bank we'll need whole bodies, and moving them will take time. Once we hit em, others will probably come to support them."
He pulled another two Glostiks from his pocket, then offered one to the cyborg. "Glostik? Completely legal and non addictive, good for you!"

Uncultured Uncultured

Levi nodded in reply to the militiaman's thanks- he suddenly seemed to have run out of words- offered one last "Be safe, mate" to the now-sleeping Blue Duster, and exited the room shortly after, to return to the bar proper. A glimpse out the window indicated that it was starting to get late in the day; he felt the keycard that the Lucy woman had given him earlier, and reminded himself that he was due for an informative meeting with her later. He made his way to retrieve the credits chit he had abandoned on the bar counter when Blue Duster had gotten shot, but to his (wholly internal) dismay, it was gone. He scoured the area around his previously occupied seat to see if it had maybe fallen, but it was nowhere to be found.

Outwardly, he sighed. Today was not at all going the way he had planned. To the barmaid, who, in the scuffle, had dropped a tazer shotgun on the counter, he said, "Cancel that glass of milk. And the room." He wasn't going to need either, considering he now had no way to pay for them. Returning to his original booth to retrieve his helmet, he donned it and stepped through the airlock door; the familiar hiss of depressurization indicated that he was good to go. He exited the Touch of Home and began, resolutely, to trek to the edges of New Eden Colony...

MERCHANT-UNDERLING OLADA TOVYR-DAH, "THE PEDDLER"
Well, would you look at that. It was starting to get late. Already, the Mother and the Daughter were rising. Time to move on; hopefully, she could reach some clan's territory by the time the sun set. Tovyr-Dah put away her booklet, finished chewing her dirt, replaced her dust filter mask, and hefted herself up off the ground. Grabbing the pull-handles of her merchant's cart- and wishing, not for the first time, that she had a beast to pull it for her- she trundled off, in no particular direction, concocting her next sales pitch in her head...

Quinn squinted at the drug being offered to him, then back at the man and then back to the drug..... then back to the man.....

And back to the drug.

"Hmmmmmm......"

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

"Yeah.... fuck it" said the bum, ceasing his chin stroking and taking the glostik from the man. Knocking it back as if it were a shot of liquor.

After several moments, Quinn felt a butterfly in his gut, and deep within the dark recesses of his mind, a spark illuminated the darkness.

"What..... what is that.... that warmth" thought Quinn, a bead of sweat trickling down his forehead, pupils dilating.

"Is that.... am I happy?" continued Quinn internally, suppressing a smile.

"Jesus this stuff is way too cheerful...."

"Need downers" grunted Quinn, holding back uncharacteristic urges such as smiling, laughing, being cordial and making friends.

After having another moment or two to collect his thoughts, Quinn looked back at Rothe.

"You got a point frie... man... we need another hand if we're gonna hit a group of em.... they can be feisty, whole bodies works too, but if there's a lot of em its better to take the good stuff, only so much room for cargo... Guess we'll see how it goes".

Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Last edited:
eXH4tah.png
Joshua Gaile

Babylon

"We're lookin' for someone. You seen someone like ah.." The skinny man pulled the cigarette from his mouth, digging around in the right pocket of his trousers and retrieving a wanted poster. The bartender behind the counter looking between the two men with a look of confusion as one of them unrolled the poster and shoved it into her face. "We're lookin' for this guy. Big scary guy. Might carry a gun?" The taller and more muscular of the two nodded with his companion nodded with a grin on his face before pointing his thumb at himself. [color=# 20B2AA]"And we ain't talkin' about me here honey."[/color] He let out a laugh soon after, the lights from the bar reflecting off of his bald head.

The woman let out an unimpressed scoff as she looked over the poster that was rudely shoved in her face. "I've seen him. In fact.." She pushed the poster aside and leaned over the bar, looking over to a booth off on the corner of the building. A pair of familiar looking glasses resting on the table. The man sitting there appeared hunched over, perhaps having fallen asleep. He'd been here since when she'd arrived a couple hours ago and never budged. The ice in his barely touched drink having long since melted, certainly ruining the taste. She didn't even know what he ordered. "Yeah. He's right over there." She pointed to the booth unceremoniously. "Think he's asleep."

"Wonderful." The skinny man placed the cigarette back in his mouth and looked to his compatriot, the two nodding and reaching for their revolvers as they made their approach. "Asleep? Seriously? I thought this guy was supposed to be hard to get to, and we find him in some backwoods bar." The bald one could only laugh as he pulled the hammer of his revolver back and aimed it at their currently sleeping bounty. [color=# 20B2AA]"Who knows, maybe we should get a few lottery tickets or something before our luck runs out!"[/color]

"Your luck ran out the moment you stepped in here."

The rather sleepy Joshua rose his head up, grabbing the tinted glasses and sliding them on as the two Yeomen stood there with looks of confusion. He merely stared back at them, unaffected by the face that two men currently had their weapons pointed in his direction. The bartender certainly didn't feel the nonchalance, having dove behind the bar for cover from the certainly slaughter of the man. "You two should just take the scarves off if you're ah.." He gestured to the bald man. "..going to load your weapons with training ammo."

"The hell does he mean training ammo?!" The skinny man looked away from Joshua with a look of anger. The bald man returned the look, turning his attention towards his comrade. [color=# 20B2AA]"It ain't dummy rounds! Watch!"[/color] He pointed the pistol at the booth, proving his point as he fired the chambered round successfully managing to hit the booth and puncturing a hole in the seat. The two hadn't even realized Joshua had gotten up from the booth, the barrel of his revolver resting against the temple of the smoking yeoman.

"Walk." The Stranger pulled the hammer back of his own revolver, forcing the men to walk backwards as one of them was held hostage. Forced to walk, the two were unsure of just where they were going until The Stranger gave the skinny man a push, knocking him into his ally and the two of them both out of the bar altogether. "Now get out of here. Don't think about coming back in here." The two nodded, dropping their guns and sprinting off into the depths of the colony.

The bartender peeked up from the bar, the Stranger moving his head to look back at her as his gun was placed back inside his coat. "Sorry about the damage."

She never had the chance to say anything in response as he made his way out from the rather forgettable bar, off to try and find somewhere else to try and get some sleep.

"I didn't think someone would be that stupid to fall for that one."

LUCY VALENTINE
Lucy sat, legs crossed on the top of the rover - nonchalantly swaying back and forth, as if she was enjoying a nice day out in the sun - not the deadly climate of Mars. Her expression was hidden behind her mask, but she gave King a glance as he talked.
"So you're saying diplomacy has failed darling?" She wondered tartly.

She lent back, her elbows propping her up as if she were sunbathing. "I make three of them. They might be here to collect the bounty - or maybe Larkin hired them; the naughty boy. Doesn't matter - they're in our way."

King made the suggestion of using the Rover as a battering ram and Lucy giggled.
"Well that's what you're here for, sweetie - but remember if the Rover gets damaged you're going to be walking back." I'd like to return it in one piece."

She gave him a little wave as she hopped off the Rover, sitting herself on the red sand. "Well then? Go get em tiger."

----

INTERACTION B BlueClover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back