• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Frontier: A Space Western [ALWAYS OPEN!]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
"A... sexbot?" Waltz could see where they were coming from with the first guess: unshackled AI, heavily modified moral coding,... The list of names recovered from his memory only further supported this particular theory. He had suspected something along that line before, but never thought it important enough to follow up on, nor had any solid leads to do so with. But a sex bot? Waltz would have required extensive modifications to his chassis for that particular purpose. Some folks clearly have been letting their imagination run far too wildly. "I won't even ask how that rumour began, though I have some idea". His faceplate did not allow for facial expressions, though there was a meaningful glare in the tone of his synthetic voice. Once the wound was properly washed and sterilized, quickly grabbing some bandages from one of his medical cabinets, Waltz began to bind up Lucy's injuries with machined precision and efficiency.

It was not long before Lucy's arm was neatly treated and dressed, and he nodded to signal that he was finished. Thus, Waltz began working on the momentous task of cleaning his clinic up, starting with the playing cards started on the floor, along with the handgun. Picking it up, the heavy metal felt... familiar in his hands. This was not the first time he had had this sensation; rather, it was every time his hands laid grip on a firearm, though he had never discharged one in the years since his arrival. The two he kept in the backroom - the shotgun and the revolver - were always meant to be a "worst-case-scenario" kinda deal, meant more for intimidation than combat. Waltz tightened his grip on the weapon - it felt frighteningly right and wrong at the same time. His hands had been manufactured for scalpels and forceps, not handguns and rifles. Yet, they more than possessed the dexterity for handling them. Perhaps his "creator" had taken note of that.

2 to 1 odds. They were likely onto something, all right. The question was: did he really want to dig deeper?

"Right. This is yours, I believe" Waltz carefully turned the weapon so the grip faced towards Lucy before handing it back to her. He briefly wondered how long he had been staring at the thing, and if she had taken note of it. "I'm not one to pry, miss Valentine - I was only asking as your physician, so you can stop buttering me up, now. I'm sure you know what you're doing." There was no lack of painful pasts around these parts - most people did not come to a frontier colony on the edge of nowhere for a vacation, after all. Along with them came an unspoken rule about personal histories in New Eden, which perhaps was why he was here and not elsewhere. Waltz had since adopted the age-old philosophy of 'Not his problem'. Pointing at her wound, he continued:

"Keep it clean. Change the bandage once in a while. I would advise to stay out of trouble, miss Valentine, but you might take it as some sort of challenge"

Avari Avari

LUCY VALENTINE

THE CLINIC

"Keep it clean. Change the bandage once in a while. I would advise to stay out of trouble, miss Valentine, but you might take it as some sort of challenge"

Lucy laughed as she took a moment to admire Walt'z handiwork. She gave her hand an experimental squeeze. Then, with a small smile as she scooped up the deck of playing cards and began sorting them one-handed, her fingers dexterously dancing back and fro as the cards organized themselves. She gave a small sigh of satisfaction, then swung her legs off the table and jumped to her feet, her heels clicking on the metal floor of the clinic. She merrily grabbed the pistol and hoisted up the hem of her dress, revealing a gun holster on her left leg - which she slipped the pistol into.

"You always do such wonderful work, darling." She purred, giving him another wink. She reached over and took his metal hand in hers, placing a small black credit chit into it and squeezing it shut. on inspection, It was a rather generous sum. Lucy began to drift over to the airlock. "Thanks again for having me over, darling. Call me anytime..."

She left the clinic, and began to make her way back to The Touch of Home.

The night was young after all, and Lucy Valentine had so much to do.

------------------------

NEW EDEN MAINTENANCE DOCK

Jake Fenton didn't consider himself a bad man. He didn't drink, he cared for his family, he worked hard to make money - even accepting a post here on Mars to help pay the ever increasing avalanche of bills he seemed to always be buried under. True it was just a desk job - no thrills - but it was honest good work. Just the pay was... Well. It leaves something to be desired.

Tony Finch had found out about his debts and offered to help him in exchange for a small bit of information now and then. That was all. Fenton was a trusted man within the Colony’s administration - it was easy to warn Tony when the military was preparing to raid one of his operations, or misdirect a couple of Yeoman to the wrong colony entirely. Tony would be able to disappear for a few days, no one got hurt, then he got a few thousand credits jump into his account. It was a good system that had worked well for quite a while.

But that was then. This was now. Tony Finch had blossomed into a full on gangster who’s constant ability to evade capture was only adding to his reputation. Everyday it seemed less and less people were willing to stand up to him, and it felt like any day now New Eden Colony would fall completely under his sway.

It was all his fault. And as the mobster in question picked him up as if he weighed nothing more than a bag of feathers and tossed him through the air, Fenton couldn't help but wonder if this is what he deserved.

He landed with a painful crunch on the hard metal floor. There were jeers and hoots from Finch’s men. Bunch of bastards they were.

“You disappoint me, Jake. I thought we were brothers.” Tony said, as he slowly approached Fenton who was laying winded and moaning on the ground.

"I... Just need more time Tony.” he managed to gasp as the gorilla of a man knelt down with him.

“All I asked is that you get be taken off that damn bounty board. It's not a big ask Jake. A couple of button presses on a console in that nice office of yours - it's not a big deal.”

Tony grabbed Fenton’s face in one of his huge meaty hands, forcing the man to look at him.

“-and yet you come to me with excuses.”

“I-i just need a little more time Tony. Please. I'll get the bounty removed. No one will be after you anymore... It just takes time. Just a bit more time...”

Finch’s lip curled into a Leer as he gestured to his nose, which Fenton noticed was actually badly bruised

“Ya see this? Can't even play Poker anymore without looking over my back. That ain't no way to live is it, Jake? That's not a conductive way to run a business. So here's what we’re gonna do...” Tony rose to his feet, leaving Fenton as a heap on the floor. “My boys and me have got a lot of work to do. And if any more of these Yeoman shits try to take me down, I'll show them what it means to cross me. Gonna make it clear that I'll crush em all one by one if I have to. Then we’re gonna have another little chat about this next week. And if I'm still on top of that bounty list... Well. Things get unpleasant for you. And your family.”

“A week? T-tony...I can't... ”

Tony Finch didn't seem to be listening, as he barked a few orders at his men and made his way off to his shuttle.

----

OFFICIAL BOUNTY DOSSIER #001 HAS BEEN ADDED TO YOUR LOGBOOK.
TONY FINCH

----

INTERACTION: KStrausser KStrausser

Quinn "Deadbeat" Turner
"Finch?"

"No way"

Thought Quinn, killing another glass as the robot and lawman spoke.

"So he made it big huh.... not surprised" continued Quinn internally with a slight groan, his hand drifting to two old bullet wounds received years prior at the hands of the man, resulting from a debt outstanding.

"Did he just say five hundred credits, and you don't even need to get the kill?" thought Quinn, interest now piqued as he swirled the last few drops of liquor. refilling his near empty glass with efficiency before turning to the lawman and his robotic accomplice.

"Hey uhh..... officer Tin Can..... I'll do twice as much as this yeoman with one hundred percent less red sash..... and I'll do it for less...." grumbled Quinn with a small burp, stroking his beard in a moment of mock thought.

"Four hundred credits plus the bounty of course.... if I take down the big bastard" continued the wanderer, taking a healthy sip of his liquor to punctuate.

"Quinn that's a LES model, one of the best models around! And rare this part of the system too! Not officer tin can! Show some respect!" remarked Joey with loud enthusiasm, words emanating from the vagrant's prosthetic left arm.

"Yeah, yeah... well... officer Sardine Can LES, and you there.... uhhh.... Mr. Friendly, what'll it be? If you need hands capable of getting dirty..." rambled Quinn, words trailing off, eyes turning to his unwashed, rather dirty and well worn hands for a moment before turning back to the pair.

"You get the idea" continued the vagabond with uncharacteristic energy, punctuating his sales pitch, waiting intently for an answer that would favor his desperate financial situation, or, more likely a rejection, being that the two were obviously of a clean cut, straight n' narrow variety in stark contrast to what Quinn embodied.

Locomotive Locomotive Sarah Bear Sarah Bear

Last edited:
LUCY VALENTINE

TOUCH OF HOME

Lucy Valentine swept into Touch of Home with purpose and - she hoped - style. Sure she was looking a little worse for wear, her rather luxurious dress still hadn’t recovered from the dirt of the warehouse floor but her hair was immaculate and her bandaged arm was hidden beneath the fabric of her sleeve. She was also used to (and very much enjoyed) the attention she received in Erika’s Bar. Her reputation as a enigmatic beauty was really quite seductive - as was her well known poker skills. In fact, she had rented out one of Erika’s private rooms to host her games - and she always walked away with bank balance nicely swollen.

Tonight however, it felt like more eyes were on her than usual. She ignored them as she always did however - though she favored a few of the prettier individuals with a brief glance and wink. A couple of larger men parted before her as she strutted up to the bar, and pulled her credit chit out from her cleavage.

“Erica!” She called, waving and beaming at the other woman to get her attention. “Erica darling! I have the credits I owe you - thank you for your patience. You’re a sweetheart. I just want to squeeze you tight and never let go! May I grab one of the private rooms for the evening?”

Then she noticed the bar had gone oddly silent. She span around to see there were about a several dozen eyes still staring at her. And it wasn't the usual lust either. More...curiosity? It was hard to put a finger on it.

Lucy blinked.

“...what??”

-

INTERACTION: NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

Zer0

From the barmaid knowing about her, he could already infer a few things. One of them being that Lucy probably was quite a prominent figure in the town or at the very least, this area, meaning that she lived around here or she was for now, unlike him and the yeoman. The other thing was that the woman probably stayed in this very tavern. Barmaids usually don't go out adventuring. With her taking care of the place alone, Zero assumed that it was Lucy who came to her. He had a feeling that she might even be dead. But getting information directly from her was his best bet of not having to work with anybody else. He was optimistic for a change, as he wanted to do anything but work with that "star". Closing his eyes, he tried to formulate the type of person she was with the short description that he was being given of her.
Leaning against wall .jpg
"Lucy." Name. Female.
"
Lucy must've failed." Indicates that she has some sort of experience in killing or fighting with her going after Finch.
"
I hope she's alright." Failure in a dangerous mission like this indicates damage. She should have bandages or medicinal care of sorts if she got away.
"
If she'll spill on what she knows." She won't simply tell then. She's probably going to try to drag it out for a price. Implies a somewhat selfish nature, or at least one that is not too giving. Possibly secretive.
"
She's a sucker for gambling." Either terrible with money or very good at gambling. Gambling skill could be made up for by clever methods of cheating. A game of poker from a woman would challenge the masculinity of the target she sets in her sights. Finch looks like the average meathead so that is likely how she got close to him.

"If you don't mind strip poker." Strip poker suggests...what?
He tilted his head upwards in disbelief. He realized that it was a joke. But the fact of the matter was that a lot of jokes were based off of the truth. With that, he went back to thinking.
"Strip poker." Suggests that she is a person whose personality is intertwined with her sexuality. Perhaps it is a part of her persona? Lure men in with her charms and get money from them by gambling. Charmer. Manipulative. Men actually falling for this would suggest that she looks pleasing at the very least.

He then put together all the things he deduced about her and imagined what she would look like. Suddenly, the robot stood up, with him recruiting the other yeoman with the book by offering him 500 credits for merely participating in the hunt for Finch. Zero crossed his arms with him certain that he was going to have more competition that he would have liked. Then a man with a mechanical arm who was talking to Zack, stood up to offer his services for cheaper. This is not good.

Then came into the bar, a woman who looked very similar to what he had imagined Lucy to be. She ticked virtually every single check box he had set out for this Lucy person, with him being sure of her identity now. He allowed his hands drop to his sides as he watched her, his glare mysterious and somewhat sinister with it being hidden. He then approached her, with him stopping upon getting close enough to her. "I'd like to have a word with you...in private."

Interactions: NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Avari Avari

LEVI STARK, "THE MAN FROM GALILEE"
Internally, he sighed with relief. Lodging here wasn't as expensive as he'd thought, so he could afford to ignore the goggled man's idea to have Zack Hall settle his tab for him. The barmaid's response about the Finch bounty piqued his interest further; he'd heard snatches of the name Finch around the colony, and caught a glimpse of an official dossier on the bulletin board. He added that to his to-do list.

The man in goggles inquired about the woman Lucy's whereabouts; Levi leaned in slightly. This information would be useful for him to know, if he was to contact her and receive more detailed information about this Finch character. Before the barmaid's next words met his ears, however, a digitized voice called out, "You, Yeoman with the book." He glanced around for a second before resting his gaze on an LES-model robot, obviously the source of the voice. Since there were no other literature-toting Yeomen within the Touch of Home, he figured the robot must be talking to him. It offered him 500 extra credits tacked on to Finch's bounty, should he succeed in bringing the thug in. An attractive offer.

Any potential response from him was stifled by two factors. The first was a grubby-looking vagabond type chiming in that he'd take the job for less red sash and less bonus credits. The second was a redhead woman in a slightly dirty, slightly skimpy red dress barging into the bar, embracing the barmaid loudly, and requesting a private room for the evening. He immediately assumed that this woman was Lucy, and raised an eyebrow at her... showy behavior. He decided to leave the man in goggles to his business with her, and approached the robot who had called to him earlier.

"Tell me more about this... bonus."

Last edited:
LES had encountered more than it bargained for, with the other character offering a better deal. Good, but LES still had to maintain the power here: The militiamen here were the law, and even yeomen and whatever the other guy and his arm was needed to realize that, though it supposed that at least the arm did. "You should listen to your much more admirable arm there. You aren't a Yeoman. You're an amateur, and you'll take 200 for my personal contract, after all: Less skill, less pay." LES may have been a S.W.A.T bot, programmed to keep cool and show respect even to assholes, but it's personality subroutine was beginning to overrule, the closest thing a robot could do to feeling true emotions the way humans do. Well, aside from those designed specifically for human interaction, but that's beside the point. Les continued. "Plus bounty IF you manage to kill Finch, which I sincerely doubt. As for you, bounty hunter, there ain't much more to tell. 500 for your services, and you'll have the law on your side, both literally and otherwise, AND you're being contracted, not employed, so you can take your money and do whatever you feel afterwards, within boundaries of the law of course. My offer is separate from the bounty as well, so if you kill Finch you get the money on his head to." LES felt a bit of confidence in actually catching Finch this time, so although it meant almost all of the credits taken off of Finch's dead friends, it would be money well spent. And if not, they could at least use the contract to their advantage, maybe destroying a few of his hiding spots, and chasing him out for the real kill.

Lucy enters. The one from the warehouse. Maybe she could give them a lead on Finch, she had, after all been with him recently...

"I'd like to have a word with you... In private." This just got a whole lot worse, goggles was a yeoman, perhaps Finch had paid for Lucy's assassination already? Improbable but for Finch definitely not impossible, LES needed to stay near Lucy, and make sure that didn't happen. "I'll be guarding the private room for today, so don't try anything, this woman is an important asset to finding a very dangerous man, who needs to be stopped. That said I can squeeze you in on this deal, if you wish, though it dips deeply into my funds if you accept." LES wasn't paid on the militia force, being robotic, but there was no shortage of dead bandits to loot in it's line of work. Besides, it did receive money for repair and maintenance to be done, along with any other needs like ammunition, arms, and anything government work related. All that was just a requisition form away. LES knew Lucy would find a private place one way or another if she really wanted to, so it was sure it addressed the concerns of their privacy before she could complain or work out another venue in secret. "Don't worry, I'll remain just outside of closed doors so that you two can maintain your privacy, so long as that's what you wish. Oh, and Atticus. Please make sure no one gets out of the touch of home for now. Wouldn't want any of Finch's spies getting word of our plans before we even start the hunt, and you never know who you can trust these days."

Avari Avari capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Uncultured Uncultured NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Locomotive Locomotive Funeral Funeral @Anyoneelseimayhaveforgottensorry

Zack Hall(I hear his autograph is worth more than everything the sun shines on during the day)

"It's over Finch. I've defeated all your men, destroyed your base, and set all prisoners free. Let the girl go" Zack says on top of a large building overlooking the entire New Eden Colony and the landscape of Mars. Almost as high as the stars themselves.
"You've beaten me Zack. Almost immediately. You went through 50 men like it was only 1 man, thwarted my plans with your superior intellect, and discovered a new element on Mars that will make sure everybody on Mars will never go hungry or thirsty again. I never had a chance" Finch says as he holds Erica. "You have looks, brains, muscles, money, adoration from everyone in two worlds and I have nothing! That's why I'm taking down Erica with me" he says.
"Zack my love, please rescue me. All my life I've wondered what it felt like to be in love until I met you. Once I saw your beautiful face, it made me believe in love again." She says
"Yes my face does have that affect. Don't worry my darling fiancée, I will rescue you" Zack says.
Zack looks at Finch and.................. smiles.
"So handsome........ can't........look........away" Finch says as he struggles to move and unable to withstand Zack Hall's charm. Zack walks towards him, still smiling. And Finch still unable to move.
Zack reaches him and gives Finch his trademark kick, he gets into his stance and spins nearly 720 degrees before delivering his famous kick.
Finch travels 45 feet before he's kicked off the edge of the building.

"Zack! I knew you would come." Erica throws herself at Zack and holds on to him, no force on Earth........or Mars would be able to pry her off Zack. "Now we can get married, have 12 kids, name them all after you, and move somewhere far by the ocean and watch every sunset together for the rest of our lives" Erica says with tears in her eye's.

Zack looks at his biographer, "And that's how I'll stop Finch and how the ending of my new movie will go" he says while in the tavern.
"Zack, how will you get close to Finch?" The biographer asks.
"Did you address Zack Hall without being addressed first? Let's not make that a habit" Zack says flexing his arms.
"But to answer your question, looks at this picture"
main-qimg-6ddc377b70fb04f8838889007fe21156.png
"That is Frank Sinatra and the original Mafia. Organized crime have always loved celebrities. Even they like to go to the movies and admire us. All I have to do is show up and Finch will be in awe of Zack Hall. He and his men will want my autograph just like everyone else, simple" Zack says.

"But there is one thing I must do first" Zack walks to where Erica is. "Erica my love, I'm off to stop Finch. Only I can stop him and save the good people from Mars." He grabs both her hands, "My love, I promise every night when I look at the moon I'll think of you. And your sister can move in with us when we move near the ocean and spend our days out in the sun playing with our 9 sons and 3 girls. There will be plenty of room. But there is a chance I might not make it. If that happens, just........just remember*he looks into her eyes*............I always did my own stunts" he says to her.

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor

Last edited:
Quinn "Deadbeat" Turner
"Two hundred? Fuck it I'm game.... I'll be here when you need me, don't forget me sardine, I need the creds"

"And by the way, I can't be a Yeoman because of my background, not my skill, I'd put holes in half these weekend warriors without dropping my drink..."

"You tin fuck" rambled Quinn, words bitter and trailing off as LES turned attentions to a licensed bounty hunter perched at the bar some stools down, wearing armor far exceeding the quality of Quinn's.

"Well he's a garden variety professional eh? Probably spit shines his shoelaces..." thought the vagrant with considerable sarcasm as the LES model addressed the yeoman, offering the bounty hunter the full five hundred credits for his assistance, sending a jolt of subdued anger through Quinn.

"I'll rip your fucking head off and sell it for scrap, then I'll have my five hundred.... son of a bitch" continued the vagrant, thoughts turning with a dark twist and hard chuckle to the law enforcement robot, his drunken mind processing ways to turn a profit using the the limbs of the LES model as leverage.

"Wouldn't be easy..... would probably end up on a watch list if it worked, dead if it didn't" he thought, taking a swig, lips forming a thoughtful frown with raising brow, picturing the robot tearing him limb from limb with its monstrous strength.

"But possible" he continued, imagining himself standing victoriously over the LES model, fresh bullet holes in its chest and head, a fat stack of credits in his account courtesy of some sketchy black market arms dealer.

It'd likely never happen of course, but the occasional power fantasy helped Quinn ignore the misery of his existence, so he continued to ponder as the LES model turned again, this time from the yeoman and towards a female of considerable beauty who had entered the Touch of Home moments earlier to repay her tab. The attire she wore was fashionable, and her air was noble, movement elegant, almost to a practiced extent. Despite the dirt that marred her dress, her look was composed and done up, not a single hair out of place. She was certainty attractive to Quinn, but that didn't change the fact that from the moment he noticed the woman, he was overcome with feelings of intense dislike for reasons completely unexplainable.

That being said, being hated by Quinn was an honor that much of the human race, martian race (and many breeds of small dogs) could take pleasure in having, far from an indictment of anyone's personality.

Before he could turn his attention back to his drink, Quinn overheard several nuggets of valuable information coming from the tin can law man. For one, the woman knew something about the big fish, for another, as far as everyone in the bar was concerned, they were prisoners for the time being, with Mr. Friendly being charged with covering the door and keeping everyone inside, and for a third, the lady would be kept under guard as if killed, Finch would benefit,

"Food for thought" thought Quinn starkly, turning back to his drink, ears struggling to tune out the grandstanding of Zach Hall.

OKADA KANAI
New Eden had only been a glint of metal against the deep, jagged curve of the horizon. A mirage. An ugly one. Yet it's silhouette continued to grow out of the red haze of dust, dark against the haloed Martian sun until, at last, she could finally allow herself to be sure. Air recycling systems can only go on for so long, and thinning oxygen plays games.

She'd pushed her suit to the limit in the mad flight into the wastelands on nothing more than rumour of building plans further north, hearsay from years past that Kanai could only hope was true, knowing all too well that the distance it was alleged to be was the first and last thing she would be able to reach. Every other point on the compass was cold desert, sands bloodied with rust. But she'd finally made it. Fucking miracle town.

With the dust eddying around her feet and the thoroughly empty two-wheeled rover she hauled behind her, the outlaw paused before the bulletin board just long enough to make sure of the absence of her own face, though it seemed to spin a little before her. Or was she spinning? Her head was getting light enough to fall from her shoulders, and her chest began to tighten a little in panic as she turned about to look for the nearest haven. But there it was - the Touch of Home. She snorted, setting off immediately with a renewed urgency to her step. She all but threw the Sagittarius to the side of the neighbouring wall, dragging the airlock door open wide and striding into the warmth of the bar.

The suit's quiet, automated voice lilted pleasantly in her ear.
[ ENGAGING REFILL CYCLE. ]

But the air in there seemed to be simmering with an atmosphere that was hard to ignore. Her arrival cut into the very edge of the quiet like a blade, boots sounding upon the floor, sword and rifle shifting at her back, followed by the mechanical click as two hands released the helmet's lock. Reddish sand poured from the crevices as she lifted it from her head. She set it down with a thud upon the nearest table, and Okada Kanai let out a long breath at last.

At last.

"Wow. Don't let me disturb you guys, hm?"

Strange goddamn atmosphere indeed. Kanai raked an eye across the scattered crowd, lip curling in contempt as she passed over the LES bot, already making her way towards the bar with a determination enough to move any patron in her path automatically out the way. She stopped in the space between the lady in a red dress and the 6'6 casanova, tapping two fingers lightly on the bar. "Rum - dark. Ice, if you would."

She glanced back over towards the redhead she was brushing elbows with as she leant against the bar. It was towards her that a lot of the focus was directed, she realised now. A guy in a poncho seemed particularly keen, and she just couldn't help her curiosity stirring. Kanai lolled her head to the side, voice laced with a smile.

"Has no-one ever told you it's rude to wear a hat indoors?"

Last edited:
neverZer0gonnaJhin Relax.jpg

As he was awaiting an answer from this Lucy person, a woman in full armor entered the bar. This was getting bad. For Zero at the very least. He did not like being in the company of too many people. And at that moment, he was stuck within a tavern with a SWAT bot, a movie star, the minion of the movie star, a yeoman, a whisky drinking man who looks like he says "I'm too old for this shit" before doing literally everything, a guy with a mechanical arm who seems to be both infatuated with and annoyed by the movie star, a woman who plays poker and hustles money from people, a barmaid and this new woman. Then the bot had managed to make it even worse for him by trapping him with these people in the tavern. He simply wished to quickly ask her for information and get the hell out of there as staying was the last thing he wanted.
give you up
The armored woman who had entered the tavern had ordered a drink at the bar and was sitting uncomfortably close to them. She then addressed someone in the tavern about how they should not be wearing a hat indoors. Zero did a quick scan of the room only to be confused at who her comment was directed at. "Oh...." He looked at the new, mysterious woman for a moment before reaching for the top of his head, only to realize that he had been wearing his hat this whole time. His confused state was obvious through his body language, with him forgetting that he even had the thing on in the first place. He simply used it to get the sun out of his eyes in order to help him with shooting, which then turned into him wearing it virtually everywhere. With his entire outfit being shady already, it was no surprise as to why this wasn't pointed out earlier.
never
"Well...no...not really. I suppose I'll take it off so as to not be "rude" then..." He reached up to grab the top of the hat, taking it off and placing it on the bar. Doing so, revealed his unkempt, white hair on the top of his head. "Huh?" The locks fell on front of his goggles as he realized that it had been a very long time since he had actually cut his hair. The length of his hair had gotten to the point where it would constantly get in his field of view. It wouldn't really interfere with his work too much. But seeing his hair when trying to aim really irritated him and with him wearing his hat for so long, he had forgotten about it completely. He got annoyed and tried to brush the hair to the sides and out of the way of his goggles, having little to no luck in his attempts. "Stupid hair." he mumbled to himself. After trying, he finally gave up and brushed up his hair with his hand, putting his hat back on. He sighed after doing this, only to look back at the woman who pointed it out and realizing that he must've looked like a fucking idiot. "Uhm....yeah."
gonna
let Interactions: Plutoni Plutoni Avari Avari you
down

Last edited:
Atticus "Salty" Sprea

He stood up immediately and without preamble. Despite having imbibed an impressive amount of whiskey AND whisky he still didn't sway. Much. He still didn't sway much. He was fine. "Gettin' too old for this shit." He mumbled to himself as he made his way to the front door. LES wasn't technically his boss, but was definitely more of a forward charger than Salty, who preferred to move with the situation as it arose right up until the moment it was time to act. He scolded himself internally, it was past time to act now and he knew it. He pulled his charcoal duster to the side, revealing the cool glint of metal on his chest. His mouth was resolute...and dry, Resolute and dry as he strode smoothly to the front door to lock it. When he stood he revealed himself to be a tall man, about as tall as Zack, only instead of the coiled mass of muscles Atticus was more wiry like a coyote. "Man's back probably looks like a bag of snakes" Atticus mumbled while he put himself between the exit and the amassing army.

Of course one more person made it through the door before he was able to seal the door. A young woman in armor who had clearly just been dunewalking. She recognized the awkward, tense static in the air and immediately made her way to the bar to order a drink. Salty locked the door and put his back to it. He faced the group, his arms hanging by his sides, he didn't draw his gun; That would be suicide as everyone here was armed to the teeth.

He listened to LES' proposal, and piped up to the group by the bar. "Point is, we'll make sure that work gets fairly compensated." He said in a slightly grainy voice. "We'll also make sure that if you destroy our little slice of nothing then you'll be punished to the full extent of the law." He said this last without as much confidence as he displayed. He was fairly sure that if this group had a mind to that he would be little more than a steaming pile of pulp in half a second. "If you kill me you also don't get paid." He added."

He glanced over at the dirty marauded with the talking arm. He was giving LES a dark look...a dark look. Atticus' eyes narrowed slightly. Something about Quinn looked a little bit familiar to him, like some ancient phantom from his past. He kept having flashbacks of a time when instead of a revolver he carried a service rifle, and wore standard issue armor. Quinn made him think of hunched breakfasts in trenches and the whine of millions of bullets overhead. Of, leaping over the top to charge the Storm of Steel and wondering if this was finally going to be the time you didn't make it back. He didn't like Quinn, he decided.

"If you kill LES you don't get paid." He finished.

Zack Hall puts his hand close to Erica's lips, "Shhhhh no words darling. Nothing you say will top what I say anyways"
Zack motions his biographer and hands Erica a framed picture of Zack.
PicsArt_03-31-09.53.18.jpg
"But you will have this treasure. Anytime you need to see Zack Hall's beautiful face all you have to do is look. You can keep it on the table here, in your room next to your bed and pretend it's me laying there next to you" Zack looks at her. "I guess this is goodbye. Be strong" he says to her as he walks back towards Quinn.

"Martian Zack Hall fan" Zack says as he approaches him, Quinn looking a bit disgruntled. "Don't think I've forgotten about you *he smiles* I promised an autograph from myself and I'm sure you and your friend on your arm have been waiting for what it seemed like an eternity but only been a few minutes"
Zack motions his biographer and he hands Martian Zack Hall fan a signed picture from Zack Hall.
PicsArt_03-31-10.12.04.jpg
"Martian Zack Hall fan, you have a great treasure indeed. Zack Hall won't always be around when I'm off stoping the bad guys or saving the day. I recommend you keep this treasure in the best safe money can buy or dig a hole in ground and keep it at least 150ft below the ground"

Zack looks around the bar and notices TWO girls in the bar now.
"You.......... whatever your name is(his biographer) why didn't you tell me two angels flew in. Who should I talk too first?" Zack asks out loud as he brushes his hair. "After 500 more brushes to my hair, I will approach the next Mrs. Hall, that is unless she finds me first" he smiles.

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Uncultured Uncultured Avari Avari Plutoni Plutoni

LUCY VALENTINE

TOUCH OF HOME

"It's customary to buy a lady a drink before demanding such things dear," Lucy replied curtly, frowning at the weirdo who had cornered her at the bar. Before she could continue, the robot that had barged into her meeting with Finch - LES was it? - had stomped over and not only agreed to the strange man's request on her behalf, but had loudly grated out that Lucy was the most recent witness to Finch's whereabouts.

"Now you just wait one minute!" she snapped, looking angry now. "I'm not going anywhere with him - and I don't recall agreeing to help you with anything!"

She drained the rest of her glass, her pretty features clouded. Thankfully, the pair that had annoyed her so much so quickly were already getting distracted by others in the bar - giving the woman the opportunity to slip away. The weirdo seemed to have been caught up in a argument with some...woman who looked like she has just walking in from the desert. But Lucy was grateful for the distraction - intended or not.

LES meanwhile had turned it's back was busy discussing a bounty with two other men. Again. Loudly. Did anyone in this colony have an once of subtlety?

Thankfully, the other Yeoman types all seemed to be busy bickering with each other, and it was easy to sneak through the door that led to the private rooms.

TOUCH OF HOME HALL WAY

Lucy pinched her nose as she walked. Her usual headache was returning in full force - feeling like a white hot dagger slowly pushing in behind her eyes - and god, she needed to have a shower and maybe a nap. The racket from the bar was mercifully, a bit muted back here.

It seemed Tony Finch was the only thing people could talk about these days. Which was clearly making her a rather interesting topic to some of the Yeoman. She wondered how news of her little chat with Tony had spread so fast....but perhaps it would be lucrative for her.

She considered for a moment. Maybe she could work with this...a amusing little distraction while she waited for other things to come to a head. If anyone really wanted to learn what she knew, they could stand to use a bit more tact. Loudly and bluntly approaching her in the middle of a crowd showed precious little understanding of the situation after all.

Then again, it hardly mattered who Lucy chose to help in the end - if she felt inclined - they'd probably turn up dead in a week and the whole merry dance would start all over again. Yeoman tended to have short lives.

Like mayflies.

Lucy winced again, as her headache blocked her from forming anymore cohesive thoughts. She turned the corner at the end of the hallway - a pair of surly looking military types parting ways before her - and made her way to her room.

---

INTERACTIONS: The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect Sarah Bear Sarah Bear

MENTIONS:
Plutoni Plutoni

Last edited:
Erica Branton

The bar started to fill with more and more people with guns. Lucy showed up, and was immediately bombarded with questions before running off to her room. Zack approached the bar and started talking to her, which she ignored as a new woman entered and ordered a drink. Erica started pouring the drink when Zack put his fingers to her lips and gave her an autograph. Erica did nothing for several seconds, processing what happened. As Zack Hall walked away, she tossed the picture in the trash and started reaching for Bouncer. "Don't do it," her sister said through the radio in her ear.

"Why not?" Erica whispered back.

"It's short range. If you want it to hurt, wait for him to approach again."

"Fine." Erica finished pouring the drink and gave to the woman. "The next time that movie star approaches the bar, duck."

Plutoni Plutoni Funeral Funeral

Jenna Branton

Jenna finished cleaning the weapon and just started on the scope when her music stopped. "Alert: Erica is angry," her computer said.

"Pull up the cameras," Jenna said, stopping her and running over to the screen. Jenna saw a bar full of people with guns, talking to each other. Her focus was on her sister, who was being touched by a man. When her sister started reaching for her bouncer, Jenna activated her radio and said, "Don't do it."

"Why not?"

"It's short range. If you want it to hurt, wait for him to approach again."

"Fine." Erica stopped reaching for Bouncer.

Jenna sighed. "Computer, resume playlist." Her music started playing again. Knowing her sister would probably be fine, she went back to tinkering with the weapon.

Adrian Hawthorne
A man dressed in a duster and hat walks into the bar. He's is nigh unnoticeable except the star on his lapel. This guy is a lawman,ven though he dresses like a homeless farmer. On his back is a medium sized back. The back matches the color of the western shirt he is wearing under his duster. On the sides are weird shotgun and a sniper rifle. The sniper looks old, at Least made somewhere from th 2050's...a collectors item. His shotgun on the otherhand looks out-of-this-world. It has an old-simplistic design yet functions at a higher level than most supercomputers...a mind of its own.
The backpack looks worn and quite faded like most of the clothing on the person. The strange man takes off his mask to reveal a surprisingly young face. Clean shaven. The man strides over to the Bar. His walk is that of an authority figure, but with a side of sass almost. The man sits at the stool and takes off his hat. His hair is that of an undercut, but poorly maintained and has been growing out for st least a few months or so. He's kinda giving a rugged Leonardo de Caprio vibe...whatever that means.
"Bartender, vodka on the rocks"
His voice is a mixture of a deep soothing voice with some gruff. You could tell that he smokes. His accent makes him sound like some bad guy but in fact this man isn't. He's the law...even if he forgets it.
"Mind if I smoke?"
He asks politely in a Street urchin kind of way. He already has what the equivalent to a cigarette is in his mouth. He has his lighter ready to ignite it. Just waiting for the words.

Mentions/interactions

LES paused for a few moments, dumbfounded and very embarrassed. Shit, why wasn't it's personality made with a bit more subtlety, or at least compassion? Oh yeah, that's right. Interrogations, firefights, orders, authoritarianism, crowd control, the like. No wonder. LES pondered for a bit how it's life would be if it had more freedom, more ability to create and mold it's own personality, like humans did. Maybe if it had been bought by a private contractor... No time to think on that now. A bandit needed caught and killed. The door opened one more time just before Atticus could close the door. Some civilian, or maybe a yeoman. No matter, the bot couldn't afford to contract anyone else personally. Some time later the door opened again "Dammit Salty I know I'm not your boss but please wat-" Ah, Adrian. That's fine, need another militiaman here anyway. Adrian, just the right amount of sarcasm and bravado for LES, mixed with compassion for the team. If only he didn't walk in with half the armory on his hip all of the time. Then again LES probably accounted for the other half... "Oh, sorry, Salty, really, I am. Adrian, how are you? Haven't seen you of late. Still as armed as ever, I see... We require a witness to give us any information she may have on Finch, and I'm afraid my unique charisma may have just made her run off." LES looked toward the other two militiamen, hoping one would volunteer. They needed this win before Finch got away. Again. And LES may have just fucked it all up. Dammit.

Adrian Hawthorne
Adrian looked over to LES he smirked.
"Still as analytical as ever huh LES."
Adrian chuckles a bit, he hasn't seen this Robot in quite a while...
Geez when I have seen rust bucket in quite some time
Adrian sighs. He scratches his hair with his dirty hands. He takes a moment to bring light of a recent success
"In addition that just finished this job. Heard of Kessler... caped that sum bitch from 800 meters away. Dudes head exploded light firework. Long story short, trade routes are open and I have Cash for days. Heck even weeks"
He smiles a roguishly handsome smile. His teeth are cleaner than you might think. Though not yellow and not white, they are in that area of cleanliness. Though his expression saddens when he mentions Finch
Damn. Not the finch case....might as well apply myself.
He sighs.
"Anyways LES. You need my assistance in the case."
His tone becomes serious with almost a hint of hesitation.​

Mentions
Sarah Bear Sarah Bear

Last edited:
LEVI STARK, "THE MAN FROM GALILEE"
Things had escalated rather quickly here in the Touch of Home. He still wasn't sure whether the militiamen had accepted the vagabond character's offer to take the job for a 200 bonus, and more folks had slipped in through the now-guarded airlock door. It was getting rather crowded and noisy in here, what with the Asian woman's conversation with Goggles, the famous Zack Hall's incessant flirting with the barmaid, and the chitchat between the three militiamen now present (the robotic one seemed to be shouting across the bar from the back room it said it was going to guard).

What was obvious, though, was the interest many of the bar's patrons had in Finch. It was obvious because many of them had stated, rather loudly, their intent to bring him in. This would not do for him. Instead of shouting out to the world that he was going to hunt Finch's bounty and get information on him from Lucy, he needed to use more tact.

He scratched his chin once, before standing up and making his way to the back room, where the Lucy woman said she'd be. He found her leaning against the wall; from the expression on her face, she seemed to be in some sort of pain. The robotic militiaman stood a short distance away. He approached it and said, in a low voice, simply this: "I'll take the job." He backed off after delivering his message, briefly touching his finger to his lips in a gesture of "keep this on the down-low."

What he did next went against most of his normal habits. He was never one to willingly attempt to attract attention or conversation of any kind, but if he was to get on Lucy's good side, the action was inevitable. He leaned against the wall, a short distance away from Lucy, crossed his arms, and coughed lightly. "So..."

OKADA KANAI
Kanai watched the redhead slip away with a growing intrigue. So she wasn't with the poncho. But, now she thought about it, he did seem more the dubious type that usually like to creep around by themselves; that appeared to be the general flavour in the bar that day. But still - she'd been proven wrong in the past. Hell, she'd been in this settlement for barely a few minutes and it had already got her on edge. Militiamen. Goddamn everywhere.

She watched him look around with a growing amusement, broken only by the lady behind the bar bringing up her drink.
"Noted," she replied to the warning, a dry smile in her voice as she slid the glass towards herself. But her attention was quickly reclaimed by the bounty hunter - she'd already raised the drink to her lips, but right before she could take a sip she snorted with laughter, immediately setting it back down hard upon the bar in some vain attempt to not spill it everywhere. She laughed openly then, and mostly because he seemed so frustrated and confused - she actually felt kinda bad now. Fuck's sake.
"Retirement age sure does come late around here," she managed amongst now partly suppressed mirth, picking up her drink once more and laughing quietly into the rim of the glass. White hair. Huh.
"What did you want with the redhead, anyway?"

Before she could wait for the answer, she looked up just in time to see one of the lawmen locking the door. She was up from the bar in a shot, hand already flexed close to the pistol hidden at her side - her breath was suddenly stuck in her throat. She froze like that for a second, dark eyes fixed on the door. But she quickly let out a sigh. Sliding back down to her seat with a muttered "The fuck?" under her breath, a brief shudder ran down her back as if in some attempt to dispel this sudden trapped feeling. There was probably some other exit through the backrooms, she reasoned. Probably. Whatever dumb fuck thought it was a good idea to lock a bunch of heavily armed alcoholics into a small room together..

She fished for her chit as she downed half the rum in one, grimacing vaguely at the burn as she put it down on the bar. But the display caught her eye.
'0.00 HSC.'
She blinked.

"I swear.." Kanai ground out as she renewed her search with rather more fervour than before, gloved fingers pulling out a second credit chit from one of the deeper, hidden side pockets in her suit, one that was far too inconveniently placed for regular use; she raised it before her eyes, and, for a moment, the balance flashed across it.
'10,325.00 HSC.'

A strained expression passed briefly over her face. She slapped it down just long enough to pay before sweeping them both back into a pocket, with another irritated sip of her drink to punctuate. But she shook herself, and the tension in her spine was gone just as soon as it came. She looked back over.

"Anyway," she pointedly restated, eyes searching the yellow glass of his goggles for some glimpse of his, droll humour gradually suffusing back into her tone. "You were saying?"

She heard a distinctly cockney voice asking to smoke behind her as she waited for the reply. She raised a brow, and with a small hum, pulled a cigarette and silver lighter out of her own pocket. Biting the end as she opened her lighter with a snick, Kanai leant back close enough until the ends of both of their cigarettes were nearly touching and swiftly lit them both before moving back to her original position in those few brief moments spent. Her attention was fully returned to the white-haired bounty hunter once more. Curious as ever.

Last edited:
Erica Branton

Erica handed the man wearing a duster his drink as she said, "Sure, you can smoke. Just don't blow the smoke into the fire suppression systems or other people's faces. Including mine." The woman at the bar swore under her breath as she went to pay for her drink. Erica asked, "Hmm?" as she charged the chit. Looking where the woman was looking, Erica noticed the man standing by the front door. "Did he just lock the bar?" she asked. Shaking her head, she activated Annadroid. "Tell that guy standing at the front door to unlock the door and sit down."

"Order confirmed," Annadroid said before hovering over to the front door. "The owner of the establishment has respectfully requested that you unlock the front airlock and proceed to a seat. A server will be along to take your order shortly." While Annadroid was talking to the man, Erica pushed the alert button on the underside of the bar.

Plutoni Plutoni Locomotive Locomotive Bill Nein Bill Nein

*****​

Jenna Branton

Jenna's music stopped again. "What now?" she asked with a sigh, looking up as she stopped welding.

"Alert! Alert!" the computer exclaimed.

"Shit," Jenna mumbled as she dropped her tools and ran to her computer. Pulling up the security cameras, she saw an armed man guarding the front door, with the front area filled with a bunch of armed and armored people. "Shit!" she exclaimed, activating her radio. "Alright, I'm on cams," she said. "My door's open, so run here if you need to. If you need to bail and can't make it, I'll make sure you get your opening."

Adrian Hawthorne

He watches the strange woman light his cigarette...strange.
I feel like I've seen her face somewhere before.... Best leave it be for now. One eye open
He chuckles at the inside joke.
"Thanks. For the drink"
He goes to tip his hat only to realize that he took it off. He chuckles at his small escape
He takes a puff of the toxic-cancer stick. He holds it in and breaths out through his nose. The first cloud in the form of a two rings, one from each nostril. Then the smoke pours through the rings...an impressive display. His eyes turn the the entrance only for half a second., eyes obsorbing the information like a dry sponge. His ears hearing every distinct details. His right hand is unnoticable. It's on the grip of his pistol.
Let's hope it doesn't get to dicey.
He instinctively puts his hat back on...after all it is his helmet in a way. He doesn't show any signs that he suspects anything but in truth, the dashing lawman is on high alert. He takes a sip from the alcoholic drink and feels the Cold burn of the vodka pour down his throat. He watches the scene from the corner of his eye.

Mentions
Plutoni Plutoni

Zer0

Jhin Relax.jpgZero felt a little embarrassed once the woman started to laugh at him. He placed a hand on his hat before nervously letting it drop to the counter with him not quite sure what to do. He then looked around to realize that the woman with the red hair had gone. "Oh...fuck..." His sigh turned into an annoyed growl as he realized that he quite possibly scared her off. Zero hated how terrible he was at talking to people. That is why he shot them. Charming, friendly and approachable were all words that no person would ever associate with him. Especially approachable with how he pretty much looked like the personal embodiment of trouble.

His attention was once again caught by the woman who got her drink as she teased him about his hair. "Hey! I'm not old. I'm...well I'm not exactly sure...But I'm not old!" His tone was annoyed but mostly confused. He got into a bit of thought as he realized that he did not know much about himself. He did not know his own name, how old he was, where he came from and what kind of person he was. In fact, he did not remember almost anything about himself. If anything, the only reason Zero was what he was called was that he just thought it would be a cool name. One thing he was sure about was the fact that his body resembled that of a person who was not at an age where he would be called old.

She seemed to want to know the reason as to why the red haired woman is receiving this much attention. He was reluctant at first, with him thinking twice about whether it was a good idea to get this information to any more people. He then looked at the LES bot and remembered once again that every single person in the entire tavern knew of her involvement with Finch. "Well, I guess there is no point in hiding it..." He wanted to speak up, only to stop with her getting up from her seat and seemingly getting ready to fire. He rested one of his hands on his hip immediately, close to the holster of his revolver. He then slid his other hand under his poncho, wondering whether there would be enough chaos where he would need that. The situation then calmed down as the woman sat back down in her seat.

People kept walking into the tavern which not only increased the amount of people he would have to deal with, but it also meant that if some sort of shootout were to happen here, with the possibility of such chaos erupting increasing by the second with how the owners robots insisted that the SWAT bot open the door. Zero started to get more worked up, with him eying the entire place in order to identify escape routes. There was the normal exit which was pretty much a death sentence. He could run upstairs but then he would have to jump out a window or something which would not be the swiftest escape if the people there had any sort of vehicles. The best option would be to run into the adjacent building, the repair place, and then hold out there. It was much more equipped and the walls were lined with much more protection. Not to mention that there were more firearms to work with and that his own weapon was taken by the woman there.

He caught a glimpse of the woman next to him utilizing a second credit chit in order to pay. She seemed to be a person who was quite cautious. But she also seemed to be a bit more open in terms of conversation. His gaze was a little difficult to follow with him wearing his goggles. which was another perk of wearing the damn things. She then continued with her questions of what he wanted with the woman. "You need to know of a bit of context before understanding. If you look at the available bounties..." He then saw a guy behind the woman as he was ready to light a cigarette of sorts. Zero was no stranger to the smell of the smoke, despite him not smoking himself. It was just one of those things that people did. He ran his finger around the rim of his empty lemonade glass slowly before her attention was once again returned to him. "The person with the highest bounty in town is this guy called Finch. I myself am quite new to this town as I arrived an hour or so ago but from what I can gather, he is this big, bad, crime boss who runs a gang or something. He is supposedly incredibly hard to take down with all of his men standing around him. And apparently he has killed almost all of the yeomen who went after him before. Now, the most recent attempt at his life was, I am guessing, something a bit more close up. And the person who went after the man was none other than the red headed woman. She basically failed in killing him and I am a little surprised as to how she even survived the encounter. Regardless, she is the one with the most information on him so...here we are..." He then paused a bit before looking down at his lemonade glass as the ice cubes were slowly melting. "I simply need to know where this guy hands around." He then continued with a quieter tone. "The clear problem that I can identify is not killing him, but killing him and then getting away. Of course, that would be no issue if you shot from far enough." He then looked back at her with a smirk, one that was hidden by his bandana.

Silence. Only this happened briefly. Suddenly the camera jump cuts to a man on a hover vehicle. It is speeding across the ground kicking up dust as it does so. "YEAH!! IT WORKS! IT WORKS!!!" He yells in pure excitement as he makes the craft go faster and faster towards a cliff. He doesn't slow down. Instead he speeds up and launches off the edge. Cutting the power from the reactors; Johnathon expertly pilots the falling craft towards the ground where it lands and bounces on an anti gravity field before speeding off again. He flicks a switch and the two disks at the back begin glowing a bright green. Then out of nowhere he instantly accelerates. A mac cone appears at the front of the speeder. With a final burst of speed he breaks the sound barrier. "I did it!!" He yells triumphantly as he zooms a few feet above the sands at supersonic speeds.

LUCY VALENTINE

Lucy was standing with her forehead pressed against the relieving coolness of the metal walls of the hallway outside her room. Her headache temporarily faded as she took a moment to gather herself. If she could just get a brief moment to gather her thoughts...

"So..."

Lucy blinked and spun around, thinking for a moment perhaps that strange masked man from the bar had followed her - but instead another man was leaning against the wall a small distance away, his arms crossed in a rather endearingly awkward way. Well - that was an improvement on the last two who had hounded her at least.

"Oh my, I feel like a celebrity today. I'm so in demand." She sang, as she put her hands on her hips and pouted.
"What can I do for you darling?"

----

capMARVELOUS capMARVELOUS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back