• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Fox and the Crow - Harry Potter RP (private)

Characters
Here
With Chase being the last of the C surnames the D’s came next. There definitely weren’t many first years with last names starting with D, as the first was a boy who was sorted into Hufflepuff, and then... “Dyer, Nikolina.” The headmistress called.

All eyes in the hall were staring holes through her. She felt like she would turn into a puddle of sludge on the floor then and there. But with an air of Faux confidence she held her head high and sashayed up to the stool. Sitting on it silently.

The large hat, that smelled quite musty and well... bad, was plopped into her messy hair. It sprung to life on her head and she could hear its gravely voice very clearly.

“Ahhh...” it began. “A long time since I’ve sorted a Dyer into their house. A long line a talented Slytherins. But... your Muggleborn mother was a Ravenclaw...” it began to think, tutting away.

“You possess the ability to work well in both Ravenclaw and Slytherin. But there’s more to you eh, Young Dyer? Yes... a since of pride and a thrist for competition, yet you seem insecure deep down. I know...” it paused for dramatic affect.

“Gryffindor!” It bellowed loudly. A weight felt like it was lifted off her shoulders, that bundle of knots in her stomach untangling. Her face, which she hadn’t realized was quite serious broke into a smile as she hopped up from the stool and made her way to the very rowdy and screaming Gryffindor table. Sitting down in the free spot next to Chase.

Chase was too ecstatic about his recent sorting into Gryffindor that he had mostly not been paying attention to the next few late C’s and early D names that were called. But soon enough, it was his friend, if he could even call her that’s, turn to be sorted as they called her last name, “Dyer.”

The brown haired new Gryffindor recognized the first name and raised his eyebrows, intrigued as he turned his attention to the stool and the Sorting Hat. The room was once again hushed as Chase leaned forward and widened his eyes as she got up on the stool and the Sorting Hat began speaking.

He didn’t know why, but for some reason, Chase felt his stomach jump with joy as the girl was sorted into Gryffindor. Gryffindor! His eyes widened with surprise as he joined the rest of his house in cheering. Chase clapped his hands quickly and loudly as Niko was sorted into Gryffindor, as some of the older Gryffindors banged loudly on the table as she came to join them.

Chase looked at Nikolina as she approached him at the Gryffindor table, greeting her with a huge wide grin. He scooted over a bit as she went to come take a seat next to him, which admittedly he was happy she had done. “Bloody hell! You’re a Gryffindor Nikolina!” Chase said happily.

She smiled right back, what had just happened didn’t even feel real yet. “I know! It’s insane!” She was practically vibrating in pure excitement and adrenaline. She got a few welcomes from some of the older Gryffindors and what seemed to be a 5th year boy next to her slapped her on the back as welcome. But the table was soon ordered to chill out so the sorting could continue.

“Looks like my Dad owes my little sister a training broom.” She told Chase with a laugh. “She made a bet with him that if I ended up as a Gryffindor she’d get her first broom.” The rest of the Storting went by quickly a few more Gryffindor’s joining the house and getting them same welcome.

Soon the Headmistress gave one final speech, and with a clap of her hands, that evenings feast magical appeared at each table as students began to make their plates. Which Jude was definitely not hesitant on, she’d been starving for over an hour by now.

“This’ll be a great year! I can feel it!”

Chase clapped loudly and smiled, “It’s great! And I can’t believe we’re in the same house!” he said. He chuckled at the vet with her parents she had made but soon quieted down as the Gryffindors were instructed to calm down as the rest of the sorting got underway.

Eventually, every new first year was sorted into a house and after one last speech welcoming everyone to and back to Hogwarts, the Headmistress initiated the feast. Soon, plates began appearing filled with delicious food.

Chase’s eyes widened with shock as he smiled a huge open mouth smile upon seeing all of the mouth watering food in front of him. Before now, the boy hadn’t really felt hungry, but seeing the food, he felt his empty stomach crinkle.

“Yea! Here’s to a great year!” Chase said. He then widened his eyes as he both heard and felt his stomach growl loudly with hunger as he blushed a bit. “Heh, looks like we should waste any time in eating,” he said, pointing at and poking his belly.

Jude agreed, and soon began to dig into her plate. The food being served was probably some of the best she’d ever enter, only 2nd place to her Mum, of course. She’d helped herself to some thick slices of ham, roasted potatoes, and a rather large dinner roll.

The Great Hall was now filled with talking and laughter from each of the four tables of students. From older students chatting about their summer holidays, and first years of mingling with their new class and dorm mates.

Jude, of course, picked up on talk about the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and just how hard they were gonna practice to get the schools Quidditch this year as they had the year prior. The talk of that hyped her up, she really hoped the houses team was good.

“The year haven’t even started yet, but I’m excited for next year!” She said after taking a drink from her water goblet.

Chase locked his lips as he ravenously dug into his plate, chomping into a chicken leg and scarfing down some mashed potatoes. The boy was starving and looked like he was going to stuff himself silly.

He got excited at the talk about Gryffindor and their Quidditch team, and now they were really trying to stack the squad to make a serious run at the Quidditch Cup this year. Chase hoped to be the rookie star seeker for Gryffindor in only his first year like his dad was.

Of course, standing in Gryffindor’s was was Slytherin. Captained newly by Chase’s own brother, Thomas, Slytherin’s star seeker, Slytherin’s team had been dominant. With Gryffindor’s main seeker graduating last year, they needed a skilled preferably young player to fill that gap.

Chase hoped to be that player, but competition was tough for the highly sought after position on the team. “I’m super excited!” said Chase with a smile, taking the rare break from stuffing his face with food. “I’m gonna try out for seeker this year and make it, just like my dad!” Chase claimed.

He then leaned back a little bit and put both hands on his stomach, feeling full and a little bulge in his tummy. “Oh man I over did it,” he sat, patting his stomach. “Is the food always this good?”

“Oh man really?!” She asked excitedly “I’ve heard it’s always bloody near impossible for first years to make quidditch teams and it very rarely happens.” She said, pushing away her now empty plate to take a break and let her stomach rest.

“I’m planning on trying out next year!” She told him, a very confident gleam in her eyes. “Probably gonna try out for a beater position myself.” She said. She’d always been a big Quidditch fan, sharing the enthusiasm with her Father, Uncle, and Grandad. And flying always brought back fond memories of her Nana and her flying about her grandparents property in the spring and summer months.

After each student had gotten at least one plate of dinner the food disappeared and different desserts appeared. Jude partook, getting slice of Victoria Sponge cake and small piece of a lemon tart. Both tasting spectacular. “Merlin I sure hope so... the food alone makes being away from home worth it.”

Chase nodded, “I know, it’s incredibly rare a first year makes the teams in any house, especially as a seeker. But my dad did it years ago his first year and my brother did it his first year as well- I think I’ve got a pretty good chance. Quidditch is in my blood!” Chase said, “Hell, I’ve been playing and flying on a broom ever since I was a little boy!” he told her.

He smiled, “That’d be cool if you tried out and made it. We’d be on the same team,” he said. He was a little surprised she wanted to be a beater because admittedly it wasn’t too often you saw females trying out for that position.

Soon the food disappeared and was replaced with desert. Chase closed his eyes and groaned, “Ohh man I shouldn’t have eaten that much! I didn’t know there was desert! I don’t even think I have any room left in there!” he said clutching his full stomach.

“Grandad always said I had a knack for playing as a beater.” She said. “Especially when him and dad were teaching me how to play the position when I was little and I ended up hitting the bludger straight into my dad’s nose and knocked him off his broom by accident.” She laughed before continuing to eat her dessert.

“But I hope you can manage to get on the team! If not this year then next year!” She told him. “Who knows? Maybe dinners are like this every night? So I’m sure you’ll have plenty of chances to eat some of these wicked desserts.” She reassured him.

It didn’t take her long to finish her dessert plate. Now very full and very content, the food and dishes at the tables soon disappeared meaning the end of dinner. The headmistress stood and dismissed the students, wishing them a pleasant night and informing first years to follow their house Prefects.

After that groups of students began filtering out of Great Hall. “First year Gryffindors, follow us!” The two voices of a 5th year boy and girl called out, rounding up all the newest members of Gryffindor house, to safely guide them to the dormitories. Which was, for the lack of Jude’s knowledge, was in a tower up an ungodly amount of stairs... that moved.

Chase nodded along with and laughed at the little story Nikolina had told him about her dad and grandfather teaching her to play. But there was one thing young confident Crosby was not willing to accept that she said.

The boy smiled and shook his head, “Oh no, I already know I’m gonna make the team,” he said casually, “I will make it my first year so I don’t have to worry about making it next year,” he told her.

Chase hadn’t touched his desert, too full from the feast. Soon, the older Gryffindor prefects were rounding up the new first years. Chase raised his eyebrows curiously as he got up and followed the rest of the first years with Nikolina being guided by the prefects.

The prefects led the new Gryffindors to their dormitories which were located in Gryffindor Tower. There were TONS of stairs and Chase, as well as his other fellow house mates, were beginning to pant a bit, some out of breath by the top of the stairs.

Some of them even moved, causing Chase’s eyes to widen in surprise. “Nikolina! Did you see that?!” Chase said, tugging on the sleeves of her robes and pointing at the moving stair case that was honestly pretty hard to miss.

Nikolina had almost lost her balance when Chase tugged on her robe sleeve, her legs tired from the amount of stair climbing. Sure, her home had stairs, but not this damn many. “Maybe?? Honestly these stairs are so exhausting I might just be imagining the steps moving.” She sighed. Taking a few moments to take a quick breather.

“Whoever thought that this many stairs was good castle design should be put in Azkaban...” she dramatically groaned as she went up another staircase. Ignored the occasional ‘Keep Up!’ From the two prefects. Honestly by the end of the school year Nikolina would probably have legs of steel from the pure amount of stairs in Hogwarts all together, let alone all the ones that lead to the Gryffindor Dormitories.

Soon however the small group stood in front of a large painting of a well dressed woman with a round shape. “password?” The painted woman asked. The girl prefect who stood at the head of the group spoke up. “Ad infinitum” she said, and the painting slid open, revealing the entrance to the Gryffindor Common room.

Students trickled in single file before the Prefects spoke up. “Now then first years! This is the common room. This essentially is the houses main social hub out of class period and meals.” The male prefect started. “We’d also like you to remember the current password for the Painting. No password, no entry from the fat lady until someone else comes along and says it.” The girl added “The current password, as you may have heard is ‘Ad infinitum’ please keep it in mind, and we’ll make sure to announce each password change at the first of each month. Boys dorms are on the left, girls on the right. Now, off to bed with you all, you’ve got your first day of classes in the morning.” And with that out of the way everyone began heading off in their own separate ways.

Chase stopped and did a double take for a second, widening his eyes. “Oh boy, maybe I am just seeing things….” he said, wondering if his eyes had deceived him.

As they hiked up more stairs, Chase rolled his eyes and nodded, agreeing with Nikolina. “Yea! This is child abuse!” he said. It wasn’t too long until they reached the dorms, standing in front of a large painting.

Chase widened his eyes as he looked up, adjusting his head to gaze at the large painting. He watched as the fat lady in the painting asked for a password. And like magic, as the prefect said the password, the painting slid aside to let everybody in to the dorms.

“Woah!” he whispered as he looked around with child-like wide-eyed wonder at his new dormitory and common room. Chase was sure going to look forward to being a Gryffindor. The common room looked pretty cool and he couldn’t wait to see the boys dorm rooms.

With a small yawn Jude stretched. “Well then... see ya in the morning?” She asked Chase. “I’m exhausted and Hugo needs his night time meal.” She said. Which was true. She wanted a shower, to feed her cat, and pass out until the morning.

“Night Chase!” She called walking over to the girls side of the dorms, groaning in agony at the sight of more damn stairs. But she pushed through the pain and walked up the steps looking through the hall, finding her name on one of the doors along side three other first year girls. Opening the door she saw her new dorm mates all unpacking and getting dressed in pajamas while settling in their pets. Most were making small talk.

Jude simply unzipped her cats rolly carrier, keeping it zipped open and under her bed. Hugo, now revealed to be a large black, hairless, Sphynx cat. She got him his metal bowls filled with water and food, before grabbing some PJs and heading into the shared bathroom.

About 40 minutes later Jude found herself showered and unpacked, now writing a quick letter to her family, telling them about her train ride, her new friend, and her sorting! Finished she put it an envelope and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Maybe Chase was just tired from the long day and from all the food he had just ate that he was now digesting, or maybe Nikolina’s yawn was contagious, because after the girl yawned, so did he.

He nodded, “Yea, I uhh- I’ll see ya tomorrow Nikolina!” Chase called back to her as they waved good bye and each went their separate ways to their respective genders’ dorm rooms. “Night!” he said as he went off to get his room assignment.

Soon, Chase joined the rest of the young first year Gryffindor boys he shared a dorm with as he unpacked his things and claimed a bed for himself. A couple of the boys excitedly talked about being here at Hogwarts finally and being a Gryffindor as they began to make friends with their dorm mates.

Chase settled down his things and looked down as his eyes widened and he smiled an open mouth smile, magically seeing his tie change color to the Gryffindor crimson and gold stripes, the inside of his robes turn to Gryffindor crimson, and the Gryffindor lion crest appeared near the chest area of his robes to denote his status as a Gryffindor.

He couldn’t believe it- he was over joyed! It was official. He was a Gryffindor just like his parents. After slipping on a pair of pajamas and brushing his teeth, the boy sat down to eagerly write his parents home about the first night at Hogwarts, and to let them he was ok and safe as well as sorted into Gryffindor just like them. He knew they would be proud.

The next morning Nikolina woke up with a groan, hearing the loud chiming on the hour of the bell tower. She begrudgingly got up, her hair was a mess, and that’s saying something, bits of inky black hair sticking up.

The girls in her dorm were also starting to get up and move about. All seeming to sleepily make their way to the shared bathroom to do morning routines in front of the sinks and mirrors. Jude eventually found herself amongst them, attempting to tame her hair, wash her face, and all that stuff.

She was soon dressed in her proper school robes. Though she wasn’t about the skirt and Mary-Jane shoes, the button-up shirt and sweater vest were made of soft and comfortable materials, and the black robe was with the red accents and Gryffindor crest was flowy. The tie was a bit of a struggle, but she managed to make it look presentable. And with that she grabbed her book bag, stored her wand in the wand pocket of her school robes, and fed Hugo his morning meal before grabbing the latter she wrote the night before and headed down to the common area, ready for breakfast and her first day of classes.

Chase yawned as he stretched his arms up and rubbed his eyes awake as he sat up in bed waking up. It was time for his first full day of classes at Hogwarts. Chase looked around as the other boys began hopping out of bed and heading to the shared communal bathroom. A few boys brushed their teeth and washed their faces as some combed their hair.

Crosby yawned as he got out of bed and changed into his Hogwarts uniform. Once he had buttoned up his shirt and slipped on his Gryffindor robes, the only thing that was left was his crimson and gold striped tie that he did not know how to put on correctly.

The boy yawned as he slung his tie over his shoulder and grabbed a tooth brush, some toothpaste, and a comb as he went to the bathroom and looked himself in the mirror. After brushing his teeth and combing his hair, he turned to the Gryffindor boy getting ready next to him who already seemed to have his tie on correctly.

“Hey bud,” said Chase, showing a toothy grin, “Mind helping me with this tie?” he asked the boy. The boy nodded and helped Chase tie his tie correctly, not that Chase even was looking down to learn how to tie it. He then thanked the boy before making his way to the Great Hall for breakfast and maybe to see his new friend Nikolina from the train again.

Nikolina was sat at the long Gryffindor table , having just arrived at the Great Hall only moments prior. There was a very generous breakfast spread. Milk, tea, water, different juices, eggs done in multiple ways, toast, french toast, an assortment of jams and syrups, sausages, bacon, even cereal!

Jude was in the middle of making her plate, decided on some scrambled eggs, toast with blackberry jam and butter, and some sausages. Some tea on the side. Since breakfast had really only just started the great hall was pretty quite and empty, most either sitting alone or having quite conversations with friends, though she was sure that within the next thirty to forty minutes there would be a boom in activity.

Soon Jude saw Chase walk into the great hall and towards the Gryffindor table, so she quickly waved him over with a real axed wave of her arm.

As the delicious aroma of breakfast graced Chase’s nostrils, the boy felt his stomach gurgle with hunger. He was hungry and good thing he was in the right place if he wanted to eat. As his eyes scanned the room and the Gryffindor table, he noticed a familiar looking dark haired girl waving to him.

Chase smiled as he waved back to her, heading over to her. He eventually took a seat next to her. “Morning!” he said. He then analyzed her, looking her up and down, “Oh you’re uhh, actually wearing the uniform!” he said.

Jude snorted at his comment. “Yeah, actually had to go get ready this morning. I see you have a tied tie?” She said after giving him a once over, as he did to her. “Maybe during our free period we can go to the library and looking for a tie tying spell? I’m sure there’s ungodly amounts of spell books in there.” She said, as she too, could definitely use a spell to aid her mediocre tie tying abilities.

Jude continued to eat her breakfast now that she wasn’t talking. She noticed that more and more students were starting to trickle into the great hall for a bit of breakfast before morning classes started. Remembering to look at her class schedule that she’d shoved into her robe pockets that morning she fished out the parchment and looked it over, setting it between herself and Chase. On the Gryffindor table.

“Let’s see what what we’ve got in store for Monday Classes. Just to get an idea of where to head in this labyrinth of a school after breakfast.” She said. As she did her best to smooth out the wrinkled parchment.

Chase widened his eyes as she told him that she was able to tie her own tie. “You can tie your own tie?” he asked in disbelief. He then blushed a little, his little cheeks going rosy red as he felt a bit embarrassed about what he had to admit to her.

The boy shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “Erm, n- no not exactly…” he replied, “I uhh, had to have one of the other Gryffindor boys do it for me,” he told her with a frown.

He nodded as she mentioned classes, fishing out a parchment with the first year schedule. Chase leaned over and tried to get a good look at the schedule to see what they had in store for today.

He chuckled at her comment, “Yea, this school is a darn MAZE!” Chase said. “Better not navigate it on an empty stomach!” he said, smiling as he began to dig in to breakfast.

“I somewhat tied it? Best I could manage anyways. It kinda looks like a tie?” She said pointing at the clumsily tied red and gold tie around her neck. “For a magic school you’d think they’d have magic ties…” she muttered under her breath before she took her tea cup into her hands.

“Looks like we have…” she trailed off for a few moments to look at her schedule. “Herbology first. Then Potions, Flying, lunch, and so on…” she said to him, this time folding her schedule more gently and putting it back into her robe pockets. “Doesn’t look like we do every subject every day… thank Merlin.” She sighed in relief.

“This place needs a bloody map to navigate it, like a muggle mall.” She joked as she finished up her breakfast, decided to get herself a small bowl of fruits to eat at while Chase worked on his breakfast.

Chase nodded as she read off their first few classes on the schedule. “That seems fun I guess. I’m just excited for flying class!” he said with an eager smile. The young Crosby boy was quite the talented and skilled flyer, the boy was fast on his broom stick.

He chuckled and nodded, “Heh, yea,” he said after swallowing some of the breakfast that was in his mouth, “We do need a map!” he said. He titled his head to the side curiously a bit. “But what is a muggle mall? What’s it like? I’ve never been to the muggle world,” he told her. Chase was a pure blooded wizard who grew up and lived his whole life in the magical wizarding world.

“Well… a Mall is essentially a huge building with a bunch of little shops inside it, including small restaurants to get food. Maybe you can visit me one summer and I can show you around the muggle world? If you’d even want to that is!” She told him. She knew that pureblood and even some halfblood witches and wizards had never been to the muggle world, so she always thought she was a bit lucky to have a muggle born mother.

“But yeah, a school map would be very helpful. Especially for us first years.” She sighed. She knew she’d eventually get used to navigating the halls, but it would definitely take her time.

Chase raised his eyebrows as she explained to him what a muggle mall was. A small soft smile came across his face as Nikolina said that maybe one summer and visit her. He wondered if and hoped his parents would approve and let him visit the muggle world and hang out with a girl. "Yea! Th- that would be so cool!" he said. "I've actually never been to the muggle world," he told her.

The boy giggled a little, "Hehe, yea, a map would be useful," he said. "Well, let's just enjoy breakfast before we are potentially tortured by these classes and finding our way through these maze halls," said Chase with a little chuckle.

“Then I’ll be the one to introduce you to muggle things! They always been half of my life.” She said. With a muggle born mother Jude was very used to the muggle world and muggle things. She’d even brought a fair few muggle items with her to Hogwarts such as a muggle first-aid kit, muggle books, and some muggle hygiene products. But, of course with a pureblood father she was also very well versed in the wizarding world as well. Both sides of her heritage showing well in the way she spoke alone with a mix of muggle and magical terms.

Jude finished eating and waiting for Chase to finish up so they could both head off to their first class together. Perhaps two heads would be better than one when it came to navigating just where Herboloy 1 would be at the school greenhouses… where were those were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back