• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Fox and the Crow - Harry Potter RP (private)

Characters
Here

Edric Blight

HE SHOOTS! HE SCOOOOORES!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Chase Crosby: Year 1​

(RP with SoftGalaxy SoftGalaxy )
E610D7B4-21B0-4300-B66B-C8D86D60F5E9.jpg

It had been a few months or so since young 11 year old Chase Crosby had received his long awaited Hogwarts acceptance letter in the mail. There was an excited buzz today in the Crosby house hold. Of course, the Crosby family had gone through this process once before with their eldest son, Thomas Crosby, a 13 year old Slytherin student set to begin his third year of magical schooling at Hogwarts. But now, it was the youngest son, Chase's turn, to take this next big step in his wizarding life. Needless to say, the boy's parents, Andrew Crosby and Kelly Crosby, former Gryffindors and Hogwarts alumni, were ecstatic to see that their youngest son had also been accepted into the magical academy.

The family was now on their way to the famous King's Cross Station. They brought with them of course their two boys, Thomas and Chase, both with all of their luggage. Chase wore a relatively nice outfit under his non-marked black robes he had gotten at Diagon Alley along with his wand and some other school supplies just weeks prior. Next to him, his older brother, Thomas, wore his robes, proudly dawning the Slytherin house crest near the chest area. It wasn't too long until the family arrived at the station. The family disembarked their cab and entered the station. Chase looked around, he was a little under whelmed by the station. To him, it just looked like any old muggle train station, nothing special about it.

"Erm, mum?" little Chase asked, looking up at his mother, "A- are you sure this is the place?" he asked her with an unsure look on his face. His mother just looked down at him grinning, chuckling at her young son's words and innocence. "Oh Chase," she laughed, "You've got much to learn little guy," he said as she pointed to both his father and Thomas who were ahead of them. Chase's eye widened as he saw his father and brother running straight towards a brick wall near a Platform labeled 9. "Mum! What are they doing?!" Chase yelled. His mother just grinned and said nothing, staying back as Chase dashed towards the two as if he could save them. But it was too late- but Chase paused as his eyes widened even more and the boy's mouth dropped. Both his father and brother had magically phased right through the wall, right before his very own two eyes!

Kelly, his mother, just laughed at her youngest son's reaction as Chase turned around to face his mom, a look of utter shock and awe written all over him. "Only those who are magical can pass through the wall and transport themselves to Platform 9 and 3/4," she explained softly to her son, "That is where we need to be." she told him with a grin. Chase just closed his mouth and nodded slowly. "Now, come along then Chasey," said Kelly as she approached her youngest son and gently took his hand, guiding him to the wall. "Do just like mummy does," she told him. Chase nodded and watched his mother casually walk straight forward and towards the wall. Soon, right on cue, she disappeared into the wall leaving Chase alone. His eyes widened as he gulped nervously. He took a deep breath and walked towards the wall. He kept his eyes closed as he went forward until he felt a bit of an odd, tingly sensation.

When he opened his eyes, he was transported into a whole different world. "Woah!" the boy whispered under his breath as he looked around. Taking in the scene, the young brown haired boy saw a whole new train station, one that looked much brighter, more magical. All around him were families of wizards and witches bustling about and hurrying their children dressed in Hogwarts robes to wait on the platform for the train. Chase looked up and his eyes widened as he read a sign. The circular sign read "9 3/4." He was really here- the fabled Platform 9 and 3/4. "Chasey!" called a voice, "Over here pumpkin!" the voice called. Chase looked in front of him and saw his mother waving and calling for him just a few feet away. There, she was with both his older brother and his father, waiting for the train. He blushed a little out of embarrassment at his mother so loudly calling him stupid loving nicknames like "Chasey" and "pumpkin." He was a big boy, he thought, he was 11, he was past those silly nicknames! But nonetheless, the boy nodded and scurried off to join the rest of his family.

"You made it baby, I told you that you would! I'm so proud of you!" Kelly cooed at her youngest son. Chase just shrugged and blushed a tiny bit more. He heard Thomas let out a scoff. "Calm it down mum, the dude only just went through the wall to get to the platform, he didn't bloody graduate yet," he sneered, "The hard part is yet to come." Kelly turned around and furrowed her brow, wagging a disapproving finger down at the 13 year old Slytherin boy. "Thomas Jacob Crosby! You will NOT be mean to your younger brother OR use that type of tone with me!" she scolded. Thomas just sighed and shrugged, nodding his head. Their father, Andrew, squinted as he looked off into the distance at the tracks, seemingly trying to see if he could get a good look at the train arriving in the station. Soon after about a half an hour, there was an excited buzz in the station as everyone could hear the loud horn of the train honking as it slowly began to chug into the station.

"There it is!" said Andrew happily with a grin as he pointed towards the train tracks. Chase looked in the direction of where his father was pointing and his eyes widened as slowly but surely, the train to Hogwarts came into view, chugging into the station. He felt his stomach do a flip as he gazed upon the old steam train, its carriages seemingly going on forever behind it. At the front, coming from a long pipe was a thick cloud of white steam as the train came to a hissing stop. "Oh my goodness!" said Kelly, a giddy tone in her voice. Chase looked up to see that his mother was almost in tears. Andrew turned to his wife and chuckled as he noticed this, going over to her side and rubbing her shoulder to comfort her. "Aww it's ok hun, I know," he said softly. "Oh it's just so crazy- they grow up so fast! First Tommy and now Chasey!" she said, a couple of tears of pride and joy streaming down her cheeks as she sniffed. "I- I'll be fine, I'll be ok mum- I promise," he said to his mother with a single head nod.

Kelly gestured for her youngest son to come over to her with a little finger wag and the boy nodded, nervously coming over to his mother as his father went to go fetch Chase's luggage. "Come here baby," she said, causing Chase to look around and blush, hating it when his mother treated him like a little boy in public. The boy approached his mother, and the woman pulled him in to a great big hug. Chase groaned as his mother squeezed him close and tight. "Oh I love you so much Chasey, you're going to do great things! We just know it! Your father and I are VERY proud of you, son," she told him. "Th- thanks mum, I- I know," he said softly as finally, Kelly broke the hug and let Chase free. Chase turned around now to see his father, the former star Seeker for Gryffindor's Quidditch team back in his days attending the school, grinning proudly down at his youngest son. "Best of luck son, I know you'll do us proud!" Andrew said as he bent down and ruffled his son's brown hair. He smiled, looking down at his boy who looked so much like him, and so much like he did when he was 11 years old back in the day. Thomas also looked quite similar to Chase and therefore Andrew, many often confusing the two boys for twins. But, Thomas was clearly a little bit older and a bit taller, him being 13 and Chase only being 11 years old.

As Andrew ruffled Chase's hair, Kelly said goodbye to their oldest son Thomas and gave him a big hug. Thomas looked a bit unenthusiastic and embarrassed of the big hug from his mother and was glad when she broke it and he pulled away free. Andrew then went over to Thomas' luggage and wheeled it over, giving it to his eldest son. Thomas nodded, "Thanks dad," he said softly. "Alright, run along now Chasey," their father said as he gave Chase a little pat and prod on the back, inching him forward. Chase gulped nervously and nodded as he stepped forward, going to join his brother. Thomas was already a little bit ahead of him making his way towards the train. "Oh Tommy!" called their mother. Thomas froze in place and turned around, "Yes mum?" he asked, a hint of slight irritation in his tone. "Please, don't forget to help out your brother! Guide him and show him the way, ok? And please, do sit with him so he isn't lonely on the train ride there!" Kelly advised her oldest son. "Yes mum..." groaned Thomas as he turned around and rolled his eyes out of view of his mother. "Come along now, Chase," muttered Thomas, clearly annoyed at the task of essentially baby sitting his younger brother.

Chase scurried along to join Thomas in approaching the train as he went farther away from their two parents. Chase was both excited and nervous about going to Hogwarts for the first time. On one hand, he couldn't help but be nervous about making friends and doing well in classes, but on the other hand, he was super excited about the prospect of playing Quidditch, particularly seeker, which he hoped to do as soon as just his first year. It wasn't typical that first years made the Quidditch team, but Chase wanted to be just like his father. When his father had attended Hogwarts as a Gryffindor, he was a rare case- the youngest student to make the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and even more impressively, as a seeker, a position that was usually quite sought after. Chase had the talent and the flying skills to make it happen, so he hoped to be the rare case his father was and make the Gryffindor Quidditch team as a seeker in only his first year. Just as his father was a rookie sensation, Chase hoped to be that this year too.

Soon, as they walked closer towards the train, their parents came out of view in the crowd of young students approaching the train to board it as well. All around them there were both young students who looked to be first years, their robes without any house crests, and others who looked to be a bit older, returning Hogwarts students for sure. Chase felt butterflies floating around inside of his stomach as he approached closer and closer to the train with each step. Soon, the brothers reached just outside one of the train cars. Just as Chase took a deep breath and prepared to step onto the train to Hogwarts for the first time, he felt a tug on the hood of his robe. "Ack!" grunted Chase as he turned around to see that it had been his older brother who tugged him back. Chase's eyes widened as he looked at his older brother's facial expression. It was not one of a friendly or kind and caring older brother. It was one of anger, irritation, and disdain.

"Listen here, punk," hissed Thomas, furrowing his brow angrily and pulling his younger brother closer to him by his blank non-house colored tie, causing Chase to once again grunt, feeling a bit choked. Chase was confused, and looked back at his big brother with eyes wide with fear. Thomas was typically always a good older brother, usually caring for his little bro Chase growing up. Of course they had their fights, but they had a good sibling relationship. The two drifted apart though around two years ago ever since Thomas had been accepted into Hogwarts and subsequently would spend of most of his months there. Like their father had and like Chase's dream, being a skilled flyer, Thomas had tried out for and made the Slytherin Quidditch team in only his first year, becoming their star rookie seeker. Now, he was going in for his third year on the team and at Hogwarts. Ever since Thomas had joined the Slytherin Quidditch team and became a talented star, he became very popular in the house, gaining him many friends and admirers. All of the fame clearly got to Thomas' head as when he would come back home for the summer or for Christmas breaks from Hogwarts, he seemed a bit different. Chase couldn't quite put his finger on it, but Thomas was a little bit different ever since Quidditch at Hogwarts...

Thomas was a popular and highly talented Quidditch star Seeker, everything Chase hoped to be. He admired his older brother, but now, he was seeing a scary side of Thomas that he had never seen before. "If you really think I'm going to show you around like your own personal little tour guide, then you are severely mistaken!" hissed Thomas, "I had no one to show me the ropes my first year at Hogwarts, and neither will you!" he told the younger brown haired boy who looked strikingly similar to him. "I made a name for myself, I'm not helping you at all," he muttered, "Now go on," he said, scoffing and scrunching up his nose, "Get out of my sight!" he hissed, clear venom in his tone. Chase just looked back at his older brother, eyes wide with fear as he gulped nervously at Thomas' words. Off in the distance, looking over Thomas' shoulder, Chase could both hear and see a group of Slytherins, all who looked to be about third years, calling and shouting Thomas' name, happily waving to him. Thomas briefly, looked back, looking over his shoulders and seeing his friends. He then looked back at Chase and furrowed his brow again, still holding Chase close up to his own face and by the tie.

Suddenly, Thomas shoved Chase backwards, causing the boy to stumble and almost fall on his butt. "Woah!" he said as he caught himself and stayed on his feet. Thomas just scoffed and turned around, changing his facial expression to a more happier one as he waved back at his friends and joined them, greeting them. "Who was that?" Chase could hear one of them asking. Thomas just paused before answering, "Oh umm, no one," his brother replied. One of his friends chuckled, "Heh, the kid looks just like you Tom," they said. Thomas just shook his head, "Whatever, let's get on the train," he said as all of his friends nodded in agreement and joined Thomas in boarding the train. Chase just frowned and sighed, feeling a lump form in his throat as he picked his sorry self up and dragged his luggage onto the train.

Once boarded in one of the train cars, Chase looked around for a free train compartment booth to sit in. The young brown haired boy poked his head through one of the compartments and saw that it was free and that no one was sitting in it yet. So, he dragged his luggage in and put it in the over head bin, sitting down and sighing as he took the seat closest to the window. He sighed as he rested his head against the glass window and looked out towards the station from inside the stationary train. He could now rule out his older brother as being any source of help or guidance sadly, despite their mother's direction for Thomas. As Chase looked out the window, he could see many families saying their goodbyes and many Hogwarts students in their robes all approaching the train and boarding it. He sat alone, the only sounds he heard were the sounds of the idle train and the lower chattering of students in the neighboring compartments in the train car, already making new friends it seemed.

For the past 3-4 months Jude had been excitedly awaiting September 1st. It was a huge day for any young Witch and Wizard. It was an especially exciting day for the Dyer family, as the first Dyer in a good few years would finally be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Nikolina Judith Dyer, or as She preferred Jude or Niko, walking beside her Father Leonid, as he pushed her rather heavy trolly through the crowed floors of King’s Cross Station, as she pulled along a roll cat carrier. Her Mother Karen was only a few steps behind them, with her young sister Rory and baby brother Leon in tow. The family was running a bit late, but with an 11 year old, 7 year old, and 8 month old to wrangle it was occasionally unavoidable. Especially given Jude’s clothing at the moment, sporting well worn jeans and a plain grey t-shirt.

As the small family came up to the large brick pillar between platforms 9 and 10 the group stopped. Clapping his eldest on the shoulder Leonid looked her in the eyes. “Right Lina!” He spoke, getting a small eye roll out of the girl one last time before Christmas. “Remember your training. Deep breath in, and go for it. Straight between platforms 9 and 10.” He took the pat carrier from her and gave her the trolly. Giving her an affirming nod of his head.

With a deep breath in the young Nikolina took her running start and went through the barrier, finding herself in an even more chaotic platform of kids and guardians saying their goodbyes and getting their things onto the train. Soon after her parents and siblings were with her. Heading to one of the train cars doors a train worker took the trolley off Jude to be stored with all the other luggage.

“Alright darling. There’s not much time left for goodbyes. But just know, no matter the house were proud. You don’t have to be a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin like us to make us proud. And please, write us often.” Her Mum said in a cracking voice, it was obvious she was holding back tears. “What your Mum said Jude. You’ll de great in any house. Now go knock em’ dead kid!” Leonid pitcher in, wrapping her into a tight squeezing hug.

She then shared a rather smothering hug with her mother, and short hug with her sister, and she gave her baby brother a small peck on the cheek before taking her pet carrier back and heading for the entrance. “Bye guys!” She called picking up her pet carrier and climbing into the train, before disappearing.

“I said I would cry...” was the last thing she’d heard as she’d walked off.

Inside the train was a whole other realm almost. The halls bring narrow and cramped as students of different ages tried pushing their way to different compartments and cars. Once she’d finally been able to get through the halls without getting subsequently flattened the train had began to move, and most compartments were full. Until finally, she saw one with only one other person.

Pushing open the door she stepped inside. “Sorry, this looks like the only not full compartment. I hope you don’t mind.” She said, closing the door behind her. She didn’t want to be a bother, but at the same time... she didn’t have much of an option.

Chase Andrew Crosby sat looking out the train window with his head leaned against the glass as he sighed. His previous encounter with his older brother fresh in his head. It didn't give him any good feelings about coming to Hogwarts. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, he saw movement near the doorway to the little mostly empty train compartment that he was already sitting in. His eyes widened as he turned his head on a swivel to look at the doorway once he heard the voice of a young girl. He jumped a little bit, startled and not expecting to see someone there in the train compartment with him.

He watched as the young girl entered the compartment and closed the door behind her. Chase raised his eyebrows and calmed down his heart and breathing as he determined that there was no threat. Standing before him was a pale young female, who looked to be no older nor younger than he was. The robes she wore had no house crest or logo on it yet, denoting her status as a first year just like him who had not yet been sorted into a house. Chase sat there silently, a little bit surprised to see someone, as he looked back at her.

Realizing he had been frozen for an awkward amount of time, the boy cough and cleared his throat, closing his eyes and shaking his head. "Erm, no, not at all," he replied to her finally. He returned to looking back out the window and being alone with his nervous and stressful thoughts about his first day at Hogwarts. He sure hoped he was sorted into the Gryffindor house just like his parents, but wouldn't mind a Slytherin sorting since his brother was there and his mom and dad still seemed quite proud of Thomas.

Jude was definitely relieved that she wasn’t intruding. So she sat the rolly pet carrier on the seat by the compartment door, putting s its wheels into lock mode, and sitting the worn satchel around her shoulders next to it before plopping down in the window seat straight across from the new stranger.

By appearances alone it was clear Jude was a tomboy. Her messy black hair pulled into a stubby ponytail with her bangs wild, her jeans were fraying at the cuffs and the knees faded and ripped up. While her shirt was mainly a plain grey it looked as if it had a Pro Quidditch team crest and her canvas sneakers were black and white checkered and definitely looked to be worn often. All in all it look as if she’d quickly thrown on some casual clothes at random.

Niko’s eyes starter at the stranger across from her curiously. “So... first year too yeah? What house do you think you’ll end up in? Or just like... want in?” She asked him to break the ice. “I honestly don’t think I mind too much where I end up... I mean my Mum was a Ravenclaw and my dad a Slytherin. But like... I’m fine with any house as long as I got a place to sleep and my roommates aren’t prats.” She went a head and answered. “Though I suppose Ravenclaw or Gryffindor could be pretty cool.” She added on.

She leaned back in her seat, before adjusting the pet carrier, a curious mew coming from the cloth and mesh contraption. “I’m Jude by the way.” She told him. “Well technically Nikolina Dyer... but I prefer Niko and Jude over my full name.” She told him, as her mum’s voice popped into her mind with past advice on remembering to be polite and introduce yourself to others.

Chase hasn’t originally gotten much of a good look at the stranger who had joined him in the train compartment. He leaned his head against the window and continued to look out of the train as the girl put her luggage down and took the seat across from him.

But eventually, the girl sitting across from him began to speak, breaking the ice and making some small talk. His eyebrow raised as he looked in front of him. It was here that Chase could get a good first look at the young female. She definitely dressed like a tomboy, and quite messy too. Her outfit under her robes looked to be far too casual than what was required at Hogwarts. In contrast, Chase wore a formal button down shirt with nice clean black pants and shoes.

Her outfit choice was admittedly a bit surprising to Chase as he listened on to her start some ice breaking small talk. Chase analyzed the girl curiously as he nodded in response to her question on whether or not he was a first year. His suspicions were confirmed- she was a first year too. When she had finished, Chase cleared his throat, his turn to respond now. He wasn’t going to be rude and ignore her- his mother always told him to be polite, particularly to young ladies. She told him that’d get him far in life.

“Erm, Chase,” he said, introducing himself, “Chase Crosby,” he said. “I sure hope I wind up in Gryffindor- me mum and dad were both Gryffindors back in their day,” he told her. “I guess I wouldn’t mind Slytherin though,” he said. “My-“ he paused, frowning slightly as he thought of Thomas. “Err, my older brother was sorted into Slytherin,” he went on, “He’s a third year.”

The boy paused and tilted his head, as he looked at her curiously. “Say,” he said, raising an eyebrow and putting a hand on his chin and rubbing it, “What’s with the outfit?” he asked her, “Everybody else is dressed so formal, it kind of looks like you just woke up in that,” he chuckled a bit. It was true, most students had come wearing their formal outfits and Hogwarts uniforms under their robes. Her rather casual outfit was a cause for wonder for Chase.

“Well , maybe we’ll be in the same house then?” She said. “Oh yeah, nice to meet you Chase.” She added on. She began to look out the window, seeing the countryside pass them by on their long ride from London to the middle of nowhere in Scotland.

“The clothes are a funny story actually.” She said to him. “You see, I’ve got a little sister and a baby brother at home. With all the commotion of getting them ready to leave the house along with a last check to make sure everything really was packed.... we were running a bit late so I just had to throw on nearest clothes I could leave the house in.” She explained with a giggle. “Mum’s always about being on time and making sure you’re prepared and ready. So it was hell for her.”

Her story had been true, with her baby brother practically up all night fussing her parents didn’t get much rest, so I’m the morning everyone was extremely scatter brained and trying to get ready. She did have nicer clothes, lord would her grandfather make sure of that. But with what little time they had left after the morning scramble she simply had to go with some casual clothing.

“Eh. Once my robe is properly on no one will really notice. Not that I really care what people think about what I’m wearing.” She shrugged it off. Remembering all the uncomfortable and itchy looking dresses she’d seen on the platform and in the train halls. “Least in comfortable.”

Chase shrugged. Maybe they would be in the same house, maybe they wouldn’t. The boy nodded as she said it was nice to meet him. But he was curious as to the story behind her outfit.

He stared at her, a curious eyebrow raised as she explained. He then raised both of his eyebrows with surprise when the girl stated that she didn’t care what she looked like and what other people thought of her.

The brown haired boy looked down at his own blank tie. It was just a simple shade of red, no house colors yet as he hadn’t been sorted. “Really?” he asked with a little bit of shock, “Even when you kind of stick out like a sore thumb dressed like that?” he asked.

“You know,” said Chase, “My brother said that they get SUPER mad at people for not having the correct uniform,” he told her. “Hell, I’m pretty sure I heard that they freaked out on a kid just because his tie wasn’t tied correctly!” he said. The boy looked back down at his own tie again and shrugged, frowning slightly, “To bad I can’t tie my own tie,” he said softly, “My mum did this for me…”

Jude simply shrugged once more. “Well... can’t really change now since my stuff is in the luggage car.” She said. “So let’s just hope it isn’t too big a deal.” As she said that she did make a small attempt at fixing her hair into a slightly neater ponytail.

“I’m pretty sure my dad uses a spell for his ties these days.” She said with a small laugh. “Said ‘These damn ties drive me bloody mad’ one morning and has never tied it by hand since , drives my mum crazy though.” Nikolina definitely seemed fond of her family the way she spoke about them.

“Soo... bring an animal with you?” She asked curiously. “I brought my cat, he was half a birthday gift and half a gift for getting accepted to Hogwarts.” She gestured to the pet carrier next to her the slim outline of a long and tall dark cat could be made out behind the carriers mesh.

Chase shrugged. He supposed she was right- no use in changing now, what was done with her casual outfit was done. The boy chuckled at the talk about the ties.

“Heh yea, I’m almost nervous to take off this tie tonight when I go to bed since I won’t be able to re-tie it,” he said, “I’d sure like to learn a spell that does it for us. You think they’ll teach that to us this year?” he asked.

He raised his eyebrows as his little smile went away at the mention of an animal. Chase was much too irresponsible in the eyes of his parents to have a pet. They didn’t trust him to take care of a living thing so he was strictly not allowed a pet when he went to Hogwarts.

“Erm, animal?” Chase asked, “N- nah,” he replied, closing his eyes and shaking his head. He opened his eyes again and looked down at the pet carrier Jude had gestured to. In it, he saw the outline of a little black cat.

“My parents wouldn’t let me get any animal,” he told her, “They say I’m too irresponsible or whatever for a pet,” he said with a little eye roll, mocking his parents with a sassy tone. “So yea,” he chuckled with a shrug, “No pets for me.”

“Ahhh...” she replied. “That sucks. Maybe one day in the future for you then?” She said, letting her legs curl up in the seat, her head leaning against the head rest. It seems her dull hazel eyes were back to watching the scenery they passed them by.

“Who knows? I’ve got no clue what we’ll learn, my parents said that school curriculum changes up every year for each student year.” She said , her eyes looking back at Chase once more. “But I’d we don’t learn that in charms, I’m sure there’s gotta be a book about common everyday and household spells somewhere in the school library that could have something helpful?” That seemed the most logical thing to her, her mum always said ‘When in doubt, consult the library.’

“Wonder how much longer we’ve got until we reach Hogwarts?” She commented, not really say it to anyone in particular, being more of a spoken out-loud thought. “I know I’ll be able to adapt to any house I end up in... but I still can’t help but still feel nervous about it all. Getting placed into a house is such a big and hyped up deal for first years after all.” She didn’t look particularly nervous in her curled up position, but there was a small knot growing steadily in her stomach the closer the train got to its destination.

Chase shrugged unsurely. Truthfully he knew the most likely answer from his parents- a no. But he tried not to let it bug him too much. “Probably not…” he replied softly.

He then turned his attention to outside the window as his sea blue eyes gazed out at the passing countryside. Chase then looked back at the tomboyish girl sitting across from him, shrugging again. “Dunno, I sure hope so, I’ve gotta learn to use magic for basic everyday things. It’d make life so much easier,” he said to her.

He then looked back out the window as Jude pondered aloud when they would arrive at Hogwarts. “No clue,” he muttered in response to what seemed to be a rhetorical question directed to no one in particular.

Her next words though caused the young boy to feel the butterflies floating around inside of his stomach again. Truthfully, he told was nervous about getting sorted. He sure hoped he was sorted into Gryffindor just like his father.

Chase tried not to look at her as he looked down at his lap, expressing his worries. “Yea I’m a little nervous about being sorted to be honest. I really hope I get sorted into Gryffindor just like my dad,” he told her. He then brought his gaze up to look across to her. “I couldn’t live with myself if I were a silly Hufflepuff or a nerdy Ravenclaw,” he said softly. He shuddered, “Or a slimy Slytherin like my brother…”

Nikolina snorted “Guess that means I have the potential to be a Slimy nerd then.” She said in a joking manner. “My dad was a Slytherin, like a lot of my dads side. Mum was a Ravenclaw. They always said I could fit into either house they were in, or Gryffindor. I don’t really think so though.” She said.

“I don’t think I’m quite smart enough for Ravenclaw. Books are nice, but I’ve never been the best when it comes to studying, even when I try my best. Honestly don’t think I’d be the best fit for Hufflepuff, that’d better fit my little sister or my cousin. Dad thinks I’d have a fair chance at being in Gryffindor or Slytherin.” She told him. “But, they said they’d be proud no matter the house I ended up in. Still doesn’t make me less nervous.”

A small part of her was hoping to end up in Gryffindor, be something different than her parents and family before her, that and she always heard in the news that Gryffindor seems to normally have a good Quidditch team on their hand. Especially back when the famous Harry Potter attended Hogwarts. But she’d simply have to wait and see when they reached Hogwarts.

Chase shrugged and chuckled, realizing he might have let his emotions about his brother and his house get the best of him in his comments about Slytherin. For all he knew, Nikolina could have wanted to be in Slytherin very much.

He nodded, “Yea I’m not expecting to be sorted into Ravenclaw, I’m far too sporty,” he said. The two talked a little bit about their hopes for their potential houses and some other things as the train ride went on. It wasn’t too long until the time seemed to fly by and the train was chugging in slowly and stopping as it arrived at the station at Hogwarts.

Chase raised his eyebrows and pointed out the window with an eager grin. “Look!” he said, “I think we’re here!” he pointed out happily. The boy quickly stood up and got his luggage as the train hissed to a final and complete stop and students began gathering their things and getting off the train.

Jude too hopped up once the train finally stopped. Her stomach was currently growling, definitely ready for dinner after such a long train ride. She picked up the few things she’d brought on the train with her, knowing her trunks were on the luggage car.

“Finally! The ride was pretty but I thought it would never end.” She sighed in relief, stretching her body’s stiff muscles. Standing it was clear Nikolina was a lanky girl with a thin frame and on the tall side for her age, which only added to her tomboyish nature and style of dressing.

She made her way off the train close behind Chase. The sky was completely dark now, the moon and stars shining brightly in the cloudless night sky. It seemed as if students with house specific robes were heading off to a very long row of carriages leaving any possessions by a staff member.

Close by she could her a loud bellowing voice call out “First years this way! First years follow me!” A very large man with a wild bread and hair beginning to grey was standing by a narrow path that seemed to be leading to the large lake. A few lanterns seemed to be dotted by the water handing on small wooden row boats... with no ores.

Chase grunted a bit as he got up and stretched his arms. As he stood, it was clear that he was an average height and average weight boy, but clearly athletic. The brown haired boy nodded, “Yea, that was a bloody long ride,” he said as he dragged his luggage behind him and left the train compartment they had been sitting in.

Chase left the train first with Nikolina following the brown haired boy close behind. By now, it was dark in the sky, and the Hogwarts castle could be seen towering mightily in the distance. Chase raised his eyebrows as he stared at the dimly lit castle from afar.

Soon, Chase could hear the voice of a very large man with an unkept beard guiding the first years onto little row boats that took them to the dock at the Hogwarts Castle. Chase looked behind him and pointed to an empty boat, shrugging. “Wanna take this one?” he asked, wondering if she’d even want to sit with him at all, considering that they just met.

Niko simply followed along with the group, clearly just as confused as everyone else. She was definitely itching to get a good view of the large castle closer up. As the man explained the rules of the boats she only semi listened, excitement (and hunger) running through every nerve and vain in her body.

When Chase who was still nearby her pointed out one of the boats and asked if she’d want to ride together she nodded, accepting the offer. She then began to get into the boat as carefully as possible (definitely not almost flipping it due to clumsy bad footing). She was soon sat on one half of the front bench. Seeming to be enough room for four students to be in each boat max when needed.

“Watch your step!” She called over to Chase before stepped foot in the boat. She really didn’t wanna take a dip in the lake before her first official day. That and falling out of boat your trying to get into didn’t sound like it’d feel that pleasant, for either of them.

Chase wore a smile as he excitedly eyes the boats. He watched as Nikolina nodded and accepted his offer, stepping into the boat and practically falling into the water and tipping it over. The boy couldn’t help but giggle at her almost misfortune.

He chuckled as he carefully stepped into the boat, “Watch my step, eh? Sounds like somebody should have told you that!” Chase joked as he took his seat in the boat next to the girl. “You got swim trunks? Because I sure don’t,” he laughed, “Hopefully these robes can serve as a bathing suit if we do go over- although something in my gut tells me that won’t be the case.”

Jude rolled her eyes in an exaggerated fashion at his comment but also laughed at just how bad she was at getting in the boat. “Who knows? Maybe with how flows the robe is it’ll work as some sort of flotation device?” She laughed.

Before long every 1st year was in a boat, this years group of students not being as big as normal. And with a single word from the tall man all the boats began to magically wade though the water in a little pod of boats across the large Black Lake.

Soon all the students had a perfect head on view of just how large and grand Hogwarts was, and just how proud the large castle stood. “Bloody hell...” Jude gasped, she was take aback by how the school looked in person. “Paintings, Drawings, and pictures really pale in comparison with the real deal huh?” She asked, barely above a whisper.

After a few more minutes the boats docked outside a stone stairs, that would lead to where the first years would first enter the school.

Soon the boats were off and everyone was being taken to the dock at the castle. Chase’s eyes widened in awe as he opened his mouth upon gazing up at the huge Hogwarts Castle. “Woah!” he whispered in awe. Inside the castle, through the windows Chase could see some dim lights.

It wasn’t too long until the boats began to dock and the first heard were being guided and instructed to get off the boats and gather in a line. Chase looked to Niko as he carefully disembarked the boat. He looked both excited and nervous as he waited for her to join him in the line of first years.

Jude definitely took her time getting out of the boat. Being very, very careful about it, far more careful than when she got in. But once out and standing again she joined the hoard of first years. The group began to ascend the stone stairs until the were greeted by a set of wooden doors, and who was assumed to be a teacher standing in front of it with a scroll in hand.

The teacher welcomed them and then explained that in just a few short moments they’d be less into the great hall and sorted into their houses before they sat down to have dinner. The teacher disappeared behind the doors for a few minutes however to see if they were ready for the first year sorting.

With the teach gone animated whispers and conversations began to bubble up from the first years. “It’s time!” Jude whispered excitedly, staring at the door as if staring would make the teacher return.

Chase followed the group of first years as they were led in the castle. His eyes were wide with joy and excitement as he seemed to wear a grin that would just not wipe off of his face.

They soon came to a stop in front of a big door as the professor who was guiding them disappeared. Immediately, all of the first years began to excitedly talk amongst themselves.

Chase turned to Nikolina as she whispered to him. He bounced up and down on his toes with excitement, an eager grin on his face. “I can’t believe it! It’s finally happening!” he whispered back.

Soon the Professor returned, telling them that it was time. Leading the students through the doors and down a hall, to a set of even larger, massive wooden doors of the Great Hall.

The Great Hall’s doors open widely for them, and they were greeted to the sounds of talking and four long wooden tables. The group followed the teacher, walking through the middle space between the two inner tables the right side looking to be the Gryffindor table and the left being Ravenclaw.

They were stood in front of the entire student body when they came to a halt. Before the group stood a rickety old wood stool on which an old brown hat sat, a hat that had definitely seen better days. “You see the manky hat too right?” She whispered over to Chase. “Or am I seeing things?”

Chase's eyes widened even more with shock and awe, if that was even possible, as the professor came back and opened the doors to the Great Hall, letting the first years in for the first time. "Woah!" he said as he looked into the large hall, the sky decorated with hundreds of pretty magical floating candles. Inside, there were four very long tables, each under a banner that proudly displayed the house colors and crest.

Chase directed his eyes to the Gryffindor table and stared on at the crimson and golden house crest with envy. That was where he wanted to be. Sitting at all of the tables for each house already were the returning students, the years 2-7's who were eagerly awaiting to see their future new housemates.

As they got closer, Chase could make out a dirty old brown hat that looked like it was plucked straight out of the middle ages. It seemed that Nikolina had noticed it too as she pointed at it and whispered to Chase. Crosby just nodded his head, his eyes glued to the old brown hat on the stool. "Yea I see it," he whispered back, "That's gotta be older than my parents!" he remarked, "And they are OLD!" he said, grossly over exaggerating the age of his parents as he joked.

Before Nikolina had a real chance to respond the Schools Headmistress began a small speech. Welcoming the first years to the School and explained how house sorting went with what she called the “Sorting Hat”.

With that the Professor who’d brought them into the school began to call out names. In what seemed to be Last Name Alphabetical Order. Starting from A surnames, to B surnames, and so on.

The hat came to life on each students head, quietly have a one sided conversation with each student before loudly proclaiming what house it had chosen for them, before moving to the next student.

It took a good few minutes but eventually it got to C surnames. Two or three students were called up, one going to Ravenclaw, the other Slytherin, and then. “Crosby, Chase.” The Professor called out, holding the scroll on one hand and the hat in the other. And all the attention shifted to him. Everyone watching with baited breath to see which house the first year ended up in... especially the 4 head of houses.

“Good luck...” Jude whispered as she nudged himself forward.

Chase’s eyes went as wide as saucers as he felt his heart leap upon hearing his name be called. He gulped nervously as he felt his stomach do a back flip as he gave Niko a little nod and an anxious look as he went up to take his seat on the stool to get sorted.

The young brown haired first year boy hopped up onto the stool and nervously awaited the Sorting Hat to be placed on top of his head. The whole room became hushed as Chase felt thousands of beady eyes staring at him. He closed his eyes as the head mistress slowly put the Sorting Hat on his head.

“Hmm,” it grumbled as it furrowed its brow in thought, “Young Crosby, eh?” it said. “A brave little one with a secret heart of gold…. Must be…..” the Hat said, pausing for effect as Chase could have sworn he felt his heart stop.

“GRYFFINDOR!” the Sorting Hat proclaimed loudly as Chase’s eyes opened wide and a huge smile came across his face. The boy could hear the Gryffindor table erupt with loud cheering as he hopped off of the stool and joined his new housemates.

The rowdy Gryffindors cheered loudly and banged on the table, happy to welcome in a new member. Chase chuckled as he felt pats on the back from the older Gryffindors as he went to take his seat at the table, hearing more congratulatory remarks as he sat down.

He smiled a beaming smile, now newly a Gryffindor- exactly what he wanted. He now sure hoped that his friend from the train got into a good house and one that she would be happy with, although from what she said, she didn’t seem to mind what house she was sorted into and would adapt either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back