• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Four Worlds

Bobman070

I'm Single and ready to Mingle
You have lived in Tor all your life. When you were a child you remember feeling like the war was consuming the world. The near by kingdoms took people from your town and other near by ones. Only people over 15 were taken. Some of you watched as they took your older brother or sister, mom or dad. But then the war ended. And only some of the people they took came back. You probably watched as your family member or friend never came home.

That was 10 years ago now. Things have calmed down. You probably have a Wife/Husband, Girlfriend/Boyfriend, a child of your own, one on the way, or one that you seriously doubt is yours. Truth is that time seemed like ages ago. But it seems that the war that was thought to have ended years ago really never ended.
Merchants from the near by kingdom of Kassavgov have been leaving when asked why they are leaving they usually respond only with "bad shit is happening. It also seems to be only non human races are leaving.

There is a smell in the air. It smells of adventure. Who knows what will happen in the coming days. The good think is now you are actually old enough to participate.

The Four Worlds: Lore & Locations

The Four Worlds: Characters

The Four Worlds: Races

The Four Worlds: Rules

The Four Worlds: NPC Characters

Last edited:
Today is going to be a great day. As you wake up to the great smell of the ocean and fall you can see the sun just starting to rise just over the ocean. Today is also the Day of Torska. The day of Torska is an excuse to get very drunk. Today was going to be a chill day.

TheDarkOwl TheDarkOwl FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

The sun peeked through the dusty windows of a small room, a bed pushed to one side, a sleeping girl nestled under the blanket she had taken from the only room nobody had used last night. The rays danced across the surface of the battered furniture, glinting off the sword and daggers neatly placed on the dresser. It was a peaceful morning, noboy there to bother her, allowing much needed sleep. Well, until-

"Rose! Get up!"

Madam Harrison's voice rang through the upper floor of The Red Lantern, signalling the start of a long day. The young woman, Rose, slowly sat up. Hair sticking out in an unbrushed mess, an extremely oversized shirt she only used for sleepwear hung off to oneside, exposing some of her bruised arm and chest. A few of her....cilents last night hot a bit rough, but, it was nothing she couldn't handle.

From downstairs she could smell breakfast cooking, a faint smile creeping onto her lips. Madam Harrison may have been a tough old woman, but she took good care of the only girl who lived there. The floor boards creeked as Rose stood, letting her nightgown fall to the floor as she proceeded to clean herself up and get dressed. But it would be a bit before she put her clothes on, choosing to brush her hair and wash her face. There was something she found freeing about nakedness; and while it was unacceptable for her to wander the streets like that, She could do so in her own room.

However, she didn't wait to long before putting on her undergarments and dress. A long, dark red on that hung off her shoulders slightly and brushed her ankles. Her shoes were simple black, button up boots that reached the bottom of her knees. The corset elemtn of her outfit would need Madam Harrison's assistance, so with nothing else to keep her upstairs, Rose decided to join the woman in the kitchen.

See, like many other brothels, The Red Lantern wasn't just a place for companionship. They served food and drink to any who paid; most of the girls having two jobs while employed there. Anyway, there were two plates at one of the tables, a bit of meat and bread on each. On one aside was an unusually tall blue Lavitha woman. Upon seeing Rose, She stood and had the human girl turn. She took her corset, and after making sure it was in th right place, started to lightly tighten it.

"After you eat, I want you to head down to the market and get some more venison. And bread. There's a slight nip in the air, and it'll bring in the hungry," she said, a gruff, raspy accent hanging to her voice. Madam Harrison had been in the war, and survived it. She was well respected in the community, and very protective of her girls.

"Yes Madam," Rose replied, her voice soft and sweet like Honeysuckle. "I'll be quick." And that she was, her breakfast gone in just a few minutes and she was out the door and in the market in no time. It was sleepy, many of them just setting up, but all quiet happy to see her. She got entusiatic good mornings, and friendly questions as she made her way along.

Last edited:
Quill liked to wake up early in the morning, when the air was quiet and nothing dared stir, and sleep late when the darker side of the town liked to show itself. That was how he was, and this day was certainly no exception to this. Though his usual keen senses were dulled by the sense of fatigue as a product from this habit, it was nothing he couldn't handle. By this time, anyhow, he was his usual self. And that was good, because you'd never know when something might come up. As peaceful as life in Tor had been since the war had ended...well, it was good to never let down your defense.

Or that's what he believed, at least.

He scanned his surroundings, hopefully to find something to focus on rather than contemplate on uncontrollable issues. He eventually fixated on a girl, not too far from him in the market. He found himself staring at the human girl, if only if she was eye candy and a distraction to him.

( i am going to do many posts that have a lot of characters in them. You don't have to read them all. Just the ones most relevant to you at the time. But you will be missing out on story so..... you do you :D, also check the npc tab if you want to know about these characters.)

Madri

The morning was bright. Madri hated the morning. Less then she hated the day. It never held anything of interest to her. The town guard only wanted her to watch the days. She thinks Captain dickhead knew she hated the day time and that is why he had her scheduled set to only day time instead of rotation like everyone else. Didn't matter though. He was a racist prick, and old, which meant he wasn't going to be in charge long.

The smell of slop got her to wake up slightly more. Not as much as the Cup O' Joe. But she didn't have time for that. She was almost late for her shift. She slid into her guard uniform and grabbed her weapon. "Today is going to be one hell of a day....."

Deran,
The ship sailed smoothly into the small port of Tor. A few people spotted Deran's flag of a Dragon and waved. Deran looked out onto the plains that extend off past were the town limits reached. "Ya smell that kids? It is the smell of a festival in the works." His Scottish like accent was heavy. The man hopped off the boat as soon as he could. He loved this town. It is one of the few that didn't try to kill him as soon as he showed up.

It has been a year since he showed up last. He began to make his way to the brothel. He never had an interest in the women... or men, that worked there. But he did like to talk and listen to the people that seemed to appear here and there. The stories some how made him feel more whole. His favorite was Madam Harrison. She always had something that Deran wanted to hear. Regardless of if it was incredibly mundane or interesting.

Niro, Ella
They watched as their adopted father walked off into the city. "Wanna go hit up the market and see whats going down?" Ella asked her older brother. He looked at her and nodded. This city brought back too many bad memories for him.

Elia
The quite large baby bump made it hard to sleep sometimes. Not last night. Last night felt as if she had been sleeping on clouds. She slowly got up and looked around. Slight commotion outside meant that Eedan was already getting the stoves setup for her to bake. He hated when she did anything in her condition. She walked out of the bedroom and gave her husband a warm hug. Today was not a normal day. Today was a day of various liquors and fun activities. Elia wasn't much for alcohol.

She walked outside and grabbed one of the sacks of flour to carry in but before she could move it Eedan stepped in and helped. It was onto the baking now. She smiled and nodded as Eedan left to go to his job of being a guard. They exchanged a kiss and he was on his way. She was left alone in the warm comfort of her shop. 'Ma's bakery'.... she thought for a moment giving her tummy a rub.

She looked up and saw Rose walking through the market. She remembered Rose as one of the kids that she watched grow up. But there she was a full fledged woman now. It was still hard to believe. She waved at rose to say hello.

Last edited:
"Goodmorning Rose, how are you?" A kindly man asked from begin his counter. He was large, much taller than herself. Maybe the tallest human here in Tor. He had a full beard, and sparkling eyes with a muscular build that added all together was intemedating, yet he was one of the kindest souls here. Everyone loved Jamison the Butcher.

Rose chuckled, "I'm fine. How are you an Miss Candace?" She asked with a smile.

His eyes lit up even more,
"The wee baby is on its way. Should be any day now, and Candace is even more excited than me," he said beaming, causing the young woman to chuckle.

"That's wonderful. But I can't be to long, so if you could wrap up some venison for me, that would be just wonderful," She said, brushing a few start strands of hair our of her face. The butcher nodded, and did as he was asked while continuing to make small talk. About his wife an their soon to be born child, how he was going to take.soem time off soon letting his apprentice take over for a bit, and how he thought she should get a new job. Almost everyone here in town knew what Rose did. And those who cared about her would voice their protest of course, like Jamison was doing right now; then there were the creeps. But less said about their comments the better.

She soon let's the little butcher's shop with two things of venison wrapped in brown paper and twine. More shops were opening now, a few fruit stands had just finished setting up, drawing Rose's attention. But while she stood there i stepcting a few differnt apples, she felt eyes on her. Looking up and around, her eyes fell upon a kathra. She stared for a second, before waving slightly with a smile and added winl, before she put the apple down and continued to the bakers.

"Good morning Elia!" She called kindly as she walked in. "How's everything this morning?" Rose asked, settting her basket down, "Need any help?"

Bobman070 Bobman070 NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi

Last edited:
Oh.

Oh no.

He could feel himself lose composure, and his cheeks betraying him with a slight tinge of red. He stood in place, thinking about what had just gone down. What was the cause of all of this? Was it because their eyes met...? Was that why he had lost himself, if even for a few fleeting seconds? No, he quickly concluded that it was bound to happen eventually. And he could handle 2 stray gazes meeting with each other. That was common, and who would be the lesser for it, after all? That left what followed next as the clear answer. If something so insignificant as a wink and smile between strangers could unsettle him so much...

He dug his face in his hand, letting out a small groan of irritation (mostly with himself for being such an idiot to overthink something as simple as this.) He really did need to get out more. It was Torska, after all. Well, that's something else he would have to think about later. For now, his main concern was groceries, not the small gestures the pretty human made. Next up on his list was bread. Of course, he'd just go to the same bakery as always: Ma's Bakery. There wasn't any finer place in town for it. He did like Elia, too, and was even excited to hear about her coming child. He head over, opening the door, as a smile crept over his face. "Hey, Ma--"

And he found himself in a situation he, a situation of pure coincidence, he already desperately wanted to get out of.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Bobman070 Bobman070

Last edited:
Elia
She waves as both Rose and Quill walked into her shop. She half whispers and half mouths the words "No thank you. I got it, thank you anyway. How have you been?" She asked as she prepared some dough to put in the oven. "Hello Quill." After a few moments she looked back at them with a curious look but then seems to dismiss it.

NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi FireMaiden FireMaiden

"Aww, are you sure love?" Rose asked, looking at Eila. She was very fond of this woman, She was always kind to her. Though she looked away when someone entered behind her, someone who Eila addressed as Quill. "So that's your name," She said with a flirtatious chuckle. "Anyway, Elia, Madam Harrison sent me fore the usual. And you should really take it easy. A lot of stress isn't good for little babies." Bobman070 Bobman070 NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi

Sammy peaked his head out from behind one of the many stalls that were in the market place, his green eyes scanning the bustling crowd before he saw it; The Bakery. This was essentially the only chance that he had anymore. Hopefully he wouldn't mess up this time. The little lizard boy took deep breaths, before beginning to scamper through the crowd, making his way into the shop. Steeling himself and his emotions, he walked in and pretended to look around.
FireMaiden FireMaiden Bobman070 Bobman070 NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi

Rose was maybe the first to notice the child come in. Of course, she wasn't going to say anything until he actually tried something; but the kid could be a little less obvious. I mean, he wasn't convincing in the least, but like she decided, she wouldn't say anything just yet. Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Elia
She watched as yet another costumer came in. "Hello, welcome to Ma's bakery." She said in her just below whisper voice as she removed the first loaf out of the oven and readying up another. The then looked to Rose and with a smile said, "...oh please, I was in the war, this isn't stress sweetie." She keeled down to grab some flour padding the counter with some. "So what have you been up too Rose?" She then began to mold the next loaf of bread into shape.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi

Rose turned her head away from the child, her basket with her money and food she had already bought in attended. "I know, but still. You're having a baby! Stress isn't good for a little baby," She said, bouncing in a place at little with a smile. "Anyway, for what I've been doing...the same thing I have been. But Madam Harrison has been teaching me some basic first aid and how to treat basic poisons. You won't beleiv how many fights break out at the Lantern."
Bobman070 Bobman070 Safety Hammer Safety Hammer NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi

Last edited:
Trey had climbed into his small loft the night before. Today, he ha swollen win his head handing off the side, sending all of the blood rushing to his head. He falls to the floor in a loud thump. This usually happened in the mornings.

Trey caefullygets up. He was waiting for something unexpected to happen. He takes in a strong deep sniff, hoping to eliminate all options. Feeling it was safe, Trey heads towards the kitchen. He had recently restocked everything. He had wanted
Something amazing this cold morning. He grabbed some ribs and some bread.

He climbs up into the large tower of the library. Laying his breakfast onto the roof on his plate, Trey sits ontop of the chimney. He eats his wonderful breakfast as he gazes down at the street below. He loved to watch the people and animals go by.

He looked away after being addressed by the woman, especially in such a way. His gaze happened to fix upon another customer who had silently entered the Bakery-- a child. It was plain to see that he was uneasy. That much was all too simple to gather. He looked away from the small boy: he wasn't any of his concern at the moment, anyways, and it simply wouldn't be good for a cloaked man to stare at a child while he's by himself. It doesn't sound right, no matter how you looked at it.

He (disgracefully, in his own tastes) tuned into the conversation the two were having. They seemed close, and this was what he had gathered: The woman's name was Rose, and she worked for the Red Lantern. Now, of course even an anti-social kathara like Quill had been to the Red Lantern once or twice. It...wasn't his proudest moments. He may or may not have gotten into a fight. He may or may not have blacked out, and may or may not woken up in another woman's bed....

Well, not important. He knew the Red Lantern was both a brothel and a bar; the place would be packed for today's festivities (primarily for the latter, but he also assumed the former for a certain few.) And, somehow, the thought of the woman working at a brothel...well, he quickly found his cheeks betraying him again. He was plain thankful that he wasn't included in their conversation; he always liked conversations with Elia, sure. He highly respected her, and was one of the few people he didn't mind opening up to and talking with. But he also knew Elia could question her on some subjects he wasn't prepared for.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer Bobman070 Bobman070

Last edited:
Elia
She raised an eyebrow at what Rose said. "Poison? That's new. I remember going and starting fights... er.. not at the Lantern though. Probably would have. But on a more serious note...." she put the second loaf into the oven. She then leaned over the counter, "You found the one yet?"

Niro, Ella
The siblings walked through the market and up toward the library. That was one thing this beach town had compared to others. And that was a quite place to read. Both Niro and Ella Lived the life of excitement and they loved it. But everyone had to have their own little quite time to sit and relax. For their dad it was at the brothel listening to stories that people told each other. For them it was the stories written within the pages. Even though they looked like pirates or bandits they were probably the smartest out of the whole boat. They even managed to out smart their adoptive father from time to time.

They walked up to the library doors. They looked at each other and tried to open the doors. Locked. Probably because it wasn't time to open yet. They didn't know. So they gave the door a knock.

NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi FireMaiden FireMaiden _Exodus_ _Exodus_ Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Last edited:
Trey's extensive hearing alerted him to a knocking sound.
He quickly finishes his breakfast. Putting the plate in his mouth, Trey skillfully slides down the chimney.

Trey tosses his plate into the kitchen with a loud crash. He winces at the noise. He had heightened senses, well except for sight, for that, he had to wear glasses.

Trey heads towards the front door of the library. He fiddled with the lock for a second. A small lick told him it was open. He swung the massive doors open to allow the knockers to enter.
"Welcome!" Trey says happily.

Rose's face flushed at her question, quickly shaking her head. "No, I haven't. You know where I work, and a lot of men while they enjoy me there, will prefer not to be seen with me other wise. Besides, if I settled down I couldn't have as much fun as I do now," She said a bit sheepishly. Bobman070 Bobman070 NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Niro, Ella (there is a picture of them both in the Npc Character channel now. I will soon have pictures of the others.)
Ella looked at the young man, kind of surprised that he answered. She half expected a old man or woman. "Well hello! I'm Ella and this is my brother Niro." "Hey." "We were wanting to take a look at your books." Now was the time they normally got turned away. I mean between her arm armor and his war torn scarf they both looked very much like bandits. She would have pushed her shoulders together to try and maker her seem more busty but she didn't have much to work with.

Elia
She smiled at the blushing young woman. "Just cause you found the one doesn't mean you can't have fun, also just because you work at the Lantern doesn't mean he or she has to come from there. I mean I work at the bakery and my husband is a town guard. Even when I have this baby, or babies if luck is not on my side, I will still work as a baker." She then moved the other loaf out of the oven. "Take this from an woman who was in your shoes not to long ago," She stopped and looked at the other two costumers. "don't let my rambleings keep you, go ahead and let me know what you are wanting."

_Exodus_ _Exodus_ FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi

"Come on in," Trey says as he stands aside.
He had never seen these two before. Sure he's seen their species, but never these exact two.

He gazes at the cluttered library. He winces when he sees it's all dusty. Trey disappears from the doorway. He had rushed to the closet and grabbed a duster. Gently using the duster, Trey began dusting the library.

"Just a few loafs, please. Some for mother, some for..." He momentarily went silent, wondering if he should tell Ma. Tell her what he had planned, that the town may or may not ever see him again. Tell her that...
"...Some for travels I have planned, soon." Was all he could really choke out, sadly. Of course, he wasn't very good at talking; it was never a strong suit for some as solitary as him. And though (in the hypothetical situation he would even do this) tell someone he was leaving, if you knew Quill it wasn't very much like him. He preferred the insides, and even so never showed any ambition of leaving town, or going to visit someone. But Quill had his reasons, and whatever reasons he had, they were making him spur to action.

On the other hand, why would anyone bother to look into something so simple as buying bread anyways?
FireMaiden FireMaiden Bobman070 Bobman070 Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Elia
She starts to prepare the sweet bun. "I know what you meant," she says with a wink. "I am just not sure how much I should say with the little one in here." she motions her head to you young boy in the shop then began to finish the sweet bun by drizzleing some sweet liquid sugar on top.

She then started working on the bread and looked at quill "Travels? You are staying for the Festival right?" She asked out of curiosity.

Niro, Ella
They both walk in looking at the amazing collection of books. Most of these books they have probably never read. Probably. Ella walked up to a table that a few books just laying on it. She picked it up and gave it a flip through then stuck it under her arm, she did the same with the next few books. She then handed some to her brother and they both sat down and began their reading. "No need to clean for us. Just relax." he says as he flips through a page.

_Exodus_ _Exodus_ FireMaiden FireMaiden NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Sammy looked at a loaf of bread on the table. All he had to do was just grab it, and run. They wouldn't catch him, would they? He didn't know. And if he was caught, what would possibly happen to him? To Uncle..? He decided that he couldn't wait any longer and raced forward as fast as his bare feet, before snatching the prostitute's basket, and sprinting out of the front door.
FireMaiden FireMaiden NicoNicooNi NicoNicooNi Bobman070 Bobman070

A quick hand would grab the back of his shirt. "And where do you think you're going with my bread?" Rose asked sternly, taking it back from him, and returning it to her basket. "That's rude." Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back