• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - Grand Cathedral, Great Hall

Kagura took a breath. Taking aim at the last fighters, he resumed dancing. The dome collapsed into water, which turned into tendrils...many...dozens...
Kagura now enacted the Dance of the Great Kraken, arms flowing and thrashing. They jetted out at the dread fighters, aiming to pierce, or crush, or wash away the enemies and keep the others from harm with dozens of - smaller than really a kraken should have - tendrils.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Eden Silvius - Umbra - With Isabelle and Co

Eden paid for everything and then grabbed Isabelle's hand. "Remy come on." She said. "We need to go, now." She was rushing. "We need to catch the train now if we are to make it and catch up to the carriages.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Zion - Vivifica - In Flight

Zion was tired. Gaining altitude, she settled in for a long glide, angled down to take advantage of her speed. Softly panting, she closed her eyes and rubbed her face. Almost there....she was almost there. Within an hour she'd be able to send a signal for her imminent return with a beam of light - she just had to be close enough. Luckily, a harmless signal wouldn't take much out of her. Grimacing, she tucked her body in, trying to minimize drag, and flew on.

Eclaire de Wynter and Makoto Suzaku - Umbra and Ignis - The Carriage Group

Eclaire smiled and hugged Feynne close. She tugged a small towel out of Armory and gently cleaned her face. "You did really well, Feynne....now let's get a carriage and rest." She looked at Elle, smiling softly. "Sorry our swim was ruined." She wrapped her arms around Feynne and tugged her up, one hand under her bum and the other to her back, keeping her held steady. Wow Eclaire was strong. Must be the telekinesis. She would head to the carriage with room for her, Feynne, and Elle.

Eclaire will go to whichever carriage has room for herself, Feynne, and Elle.

Makoto beamed. "I can sit with you and help drive!" She volunteered, her movements joyfull and energetic. "Plus, if anything happens I can FWOOOM and KAPOW the foe!" She punched the air.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral 2nd Floor - Hallway -
Arun's attention diverted to the robbed man who declared himself the one at fault to all of this. "Innocents have died because of you, then." He mused, turning to face him properly. He was ready to fight once more, getting his shield in front of him and holding his sword close. "To say that is an understatement. After what the people have suffered through with the automaton you seek to take advantage of their grief?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. He was after the priestess. Thankfully she was not here. "You will be taken into custody and questioned for your involvement in this." He glanced around the room and carefully began to walk closer to the man. He was aiming to arrest him, of course. Take him into custody...and make him respond for his slaughter of the innocents within the cathedral. He suddenly stabbed his sword on the ground, a line of magic glowing as it ran across the tiles and right underneath the man. From beneath the man, if he did not dodge it, earth would rise and wrap itself around his legs to immobilize him.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Station -
Vincent would smile and nod. "We shall wait for him, then." He turned to Elia and reached over, patting her head playfully. "We encountered each other in the library and asked her to come along for some questions. She knows this city much better than I do, after all." He mused, nodding at her. "Please, do." He said, gesturing for Elia to lead them back to the office. Vincent glanced around, seeing if Diane was around, but he could not feel nor sense her. What could she be up to? Certainly something important, knowing what he knew of her so far...

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita River -
Whether Arkane saw the warning look or not, he decided to ignore it. Nope. He was going to pretend he did not see it and hope that the problem went away on its own, much like an actual adult should do, right? The mage watched as his creatures carefully carried down the items from the top of the carriages to the floor, supplies and other things as they would be camping around the carriages themselves for the sake of safety. Arkane rubbed the back of his head and moved his hand around to feel his own cheek. No fever. Maybe he got lucky and would not catch a cold this time. Once his summons were done he would gesture them to help set up his own tent. The creatures unpacked Arkane's items and set up the dark red tent. Once done Arkane happily dismissed him and crawled inside of his tent, pulling his sleeping bag and sheets with him.

- Yael - Unaffiliated - Vita River -
Yael whined and complained when Mabel complained to him. "I am a shapeshifter, milady! I am a trickster at heart! What would I be if I did not make people believe I am an adorable ferret? I certainly would not get as much food as I would usually do, that much I can reassure you!" He insisted, looking back at Jynn and rubbing his cheek against his. "I am going to aid in getting the stuff off the carriages. You two do not have too much fun, alright?" He asked, winking at the two before hopping off and back to the outside.

Aquilla
Aquilla sighs before tensing up again as the new figure entered the room. She had barely any mana remaining. Her body trembled at the thought of another foe. “Your target was Mabel? Im not sue we can let you simply walk out of here after such declaration.” She could barely lift her blade. “Please surrender yourself for questioning.” She politely commanded.

Isabelle
The blood mage found the dress a bit tedious but got aquatinted to it well enough. “Does this make me an unaffiliated?” She worriedly asks Eden. “I wont be able to go back home if thats the case.... isn’t it...”

Quinn
Quinn nodded with a bit of a frown. she gathered plently of mana for the trip ahead. She took Aislinn’s hand and got up but then soon followed it up with a small hug. “Im unsure what plauges your thoughts, but those who stand for Vivifica stand with you. If you need to talk to us. Here we are.” She explains,revealing that she saw the tear and that she certainly did worry for her Maestra. “I wont be around for a while but Richter and the others are always there for you.” She stepped away from the hug. “Let us be off” she says as the forest steps out of her way.

Saffron
Saff smirked at Tibarn before she curtsied to him and made her way through the window holding out a hand to help him out in return before they made their way to the front of the cathedral. “I dont think he would want us involved. He can handle himself and seems like someone who likes it that way if he doesnt show up for an hour or two we should look for him.” She explained

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vita River

Jynn starts to wonder about his original parents again, and it was starting to bother him. Who killed them, and why? What if HE was responsible? Would that make him a monster? No, he was an infant, there’s no way. Not only that, what if he really can never see Mabel again? It would tear both of their hearts apart. So many thoughts were racing in his mind. He takes his hands off of Mabel, and sits up.

He sighs. “We should probably head out. I........ I need some alone time to clear my mind, and to recover, so I won’t be sleeping in a tent tonight.” He looks to Mabel. “I enjoyed this time we spent together today, I really did.” Once again, color flushes his cheeks. “No matter what happens to us, even if we can never see each other again, I will always love you, Mabel.” He offers a warm smile and a hug before exiting the carriage.

As soon as he exits, he walks past everyone that was working on the campsite, to a spot near a tree, away from everyone else, and a place where he could get some solitude and quiet. He leans back against the tree with a depressed look on his face. All of those thoughts started racing back to him.

A young Jynn walks towards the door to the maestra’s office, opening it. “Mom?” Surprised, Lillian steps away from her desk, noticing his saddened expression. “Jynn! What is the matter?” She places her hands on his shoulders as she examines him. He seems depressed about something. “Is something bothering you?” The young boy looks up to her. “Harrison said that you’re not my real mother. Is...... is that true?”

Lillian’s heart skipped a beat. What should she say? Tell the truth? Or lie and let him be happy now? She sighs. He would find out eventually. She pulls him into an embrace. “Unfortunately my dear........ I’m not your true mother. You were found as an infant with your real parents. Unfortunately, by the evidence that was presented, you three were attacked by a mage. You were the only survivor.”

Jynn looks down. “Oh.......” This was definitely unpleasant news. He was unsure how to respond. Tears start to drip down the young boy’s cheeks. “So........ I will never see them?” Lillian immediately wipes away his tears. She herself was getting emotional. “I’m sorry sweetheart........ I wish I could’ve told you when you were older.”
She starts wiping away her own tears. “Are you going to be alright......?” Jynn hesitantly nods, prompting Lillian to put him within eye contact. “I will have a word with Harrison.” She gently places her hand under his chin. And listen Jynn. As long as I breathe, I will always love you, protect you, and help you whenever you need me to.” The young boy nods. “Alright............”

Jynn was so upset, he kept his arms around her, and she kisses him on the forehead.

- Vlad and Arno - Grand Cathedral hallway -

A fine mess it was indeed as Arno put it. Not only did the bounty hunter get himself into a right pickle by getting involved with these mages, one of which was a god damn flipping tooting vampire of all things, guess mages could be whatever they wanted, one of the assassin looking guys was stuck in the wall, completely immobilized, another was an emaciated corpse on the floor completely dried up, the other just had his neck broken by a flying kick from another mage and another died to the chakram wielding woman.

Well god damn. Seemed like the whole business was dealt with before Arno even got there, He glanced at Soren, then back at the scene.

Vlad, meanwhile had just been saved from an annoying stab wound as Aquilla cast a plate of ice to protect him from the sword of the dying dread fighter, a good idea, but the cold was bad to his skin, but hey he wasn't one to turn away free help. Shooting Aquilla a flirtatious glance and a finger point as his means of thanking her for the help as the dread fighter fell to the floor, dead.

"Well that's that then..." Vlad spoke, clapping his hands as the shadow walls would begin to melt, or rather scurry along the ground and joining alongside his shadow, the Dread fighter who was stuck inside hte wall would be let go, but Vlad would quickly stomp on his sword arm, kneel and put a hand in the back of his throat, keeping the man's forehead to the floor in case he tried anything. "Now what to do with you..." Vlad menacingly proposed as he head...clapping? and suddenly there was another figure in the vicinity, clad in a cloak and hood covering his eyes, but not the lower part of his face, which was pale, the man clearly needed to catch a few hours of sunlight and get himself a tan, but who was he to judge? Aquilla in her exhaustion attempted to tell the man to surrender, Arun doing the same, proclaiming an arrest and attempting to bind the man.

Vlad simply cocked a half grin as he kept the other dread fighter pinned to the floor, "I doubt he means to surrender lads..." Vlad commented. "What's your name, geezer?" Vlad nonchlantly asked him.

Meanwhile Arno was wary, examining the man up and down, the mention that he was after the high priestess brought two realizations to the back of his head, one was that all of this happened to nab the priestess, they just got the place wrong, and the other was that this also meant Vaike was hiding things from him and his crew, this caused Arno to squint, his eyes concentrating on the scenery as he had his lever action rifle ready for anything, his nerves tensing up as adrenaline began to flow through his body.

"Something's wrong...he's too confident, he's planning something and we're right where he wants us." Arno commented, if the man had the confidence to step and walk around all these mages meant one thing, he was powerful enough to take them all on, or do a nice disappearing act. All in all he was not having a good day at all, he just hoped his crew got out with the woman they were meant to rescue.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Henry Heid - Vita River -

As everyone began to enter the carriages and preparing to travel a bit more, Henry took the first opportunity to climp up and drive one of the carriages, pleasantly surprised as he saw that Makoto also accompanied him, sitting by his side during the small travel they were about to have, smiling warmly as Makoto gleefuly punched the air, he missed her childish enthusiasm in midsts of all that was happening, he couldn't help but notice that he was mostly ignored by almost everyone around, at least nobody commented on his offer to drive the carriages, neither did they look at him much. But he figured it was for the best.

As they soon arrived at their destination of camping, night was beginning to take place, he stopped the carriage he was on to let the others leave as he would also let the horses rest and graze on the ample vegetation at their feet.

"While everyone packs their things i'l set up a campfire, Makoto can you set up our tent?" He asked her as he would waste no time gathering wood to make a campfire. and in time he made a very nice and lively one, finding a nice spot a short distance away from the tents, laying some logs on the ground for others to sit on should they wish, the campfire surrounded by small rocks to keep the fire from possibly spreading, not that it would, he took special care making the campfire. As Nero healed Daruk, Arkane packed his things with his undead and everyone did their thing. Henry would sit by the campfire for a bit, if no one else would, he'd stay up for the night to watch out for anything that could possibly invade the camp. He'd be open to conversation should anyone else wish to cozy up to the campfire and warm themselves.

There he reminisced about what happened during the lagiacrus fight, and also remembering an old trainer he had, that trained him how to use a sword more effectively. A woman of great caliber and greatness, she taught him many things, especialy to have courage when no one else would, and to act when no one dared to act. 'Valor is it's own reward.' she used to say. It was quite a few years ago since he met her last, he wondered if she was alright. But that was a story for another time.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136 Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Elrandir Elrandir

- Richter - The Miracle child -

"Have you gone to see the miracle child?" This was a common phrase spoken to passerbys and tourists who were passing by the village Vetulonia, supposedly a miracle had happened in that poor and underdeveloped village way back when. While nowadays the village was a tourist attraction center for its food and locals. back then around thirty ot so years ago, when mages and the courts rule was still rather shaky and mages weren't as frequent or powerful as they were in current times, seeing a mage being born in a small village was a thing barely anyone ever saw, with bad living conditions and short life expectancy for infants it was to be expected. But eight years ago a child was born with extraordinary power.

Richter. Was the boy's name, from the moment he was four years old he began to emanate an aura of magic that brought comfort and life to the village, Aether as it was called by the local alchemist, the essence of life and magic coursed through the boy's veins, and anyone he touched would be cured of their illnesses, both temporary and lifelong, and those who had magical potential would see their magic enhanced in a way they hadn't experienced before, this caused the kid to bring wealth and visitants to the village. A commodity in high demand the kid was, as traumatizing as it was.

His existence was hidden from court mages in fear they would take the boy away to throw him into a court, the village did not wish to lose their lifeline after all, so the kid was mostly hidden away and kept locked in a room for most of his life, never having been given a proper education or being taught how to read so as to not have the boy develop a mind of his own and possibly rebel against them, but the boy was not as dumb as he seemed, even though he was still naive and blindly followed the whims of his parents and villagers who treated him well...whether out of kindness or platonic cynicism, it didn't matter, young Richter knew he was somewhat powerless without a real opportunity to leave.

Meanwhile rumors of "The Miracle Child" were slowly being spread accross the nearby land of Vetulonia, this no doubt brought the attention of the court mages as rumors usualy do. And on a fated day the boy was found by a rather kind old mage who barged into the village demanding to know who the miracle child was. No matter what the villagers tried to say or deny, the man and the ones accompanying him were adamant on finding the kid, the village chief soon caved in from their demands and told them what they wished to hear.

And that was how Eight year old richter, The miracle child, was taken away from Vetulonia, where he was kept for most of his early childhood and adopted by the old mage, who exerced higher rights than the civilians and their family, promising them payment and better living conditions, indirectly helping shape Vetulonia into the village it is today.

Richter was given a proper education, learning to read and being fascinated in books in his early teenage years, it was not the time to enlist him in a court, he was much too young, so the boy lived in a wealthy mage family, the mage who adopted him treating him like his own son, for the first time Richter had been given patternal love and kindness. He was given the last name of Vanis, a high ranking one in the courts.

His past in Vetulonia became nothing but a distant memory...

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Apartment above the tavern -

"Please, do remind quiet, Lieutenant. Let me handle this before something awful happens," Diane said flatly before turning towards the man, "Yes, I was at the library, and by the look of it, it seems that you have something to do in all this mess. Stay behind me, Lieutenant, we will have a conversation once this is dealt with."

Diane stared at the man's eyes, he was not human, at least not in the traditiomal sense, his eyes, while pupil-less, looked almost lifeless. He was not alive, but so was her.

"I am known as Diane Corbeau of Umbra," she said as the shadows around the room began to move by their own, "I am also Cerberus, the guardian dog of the Gates of the Underworld. And it seems that, in my carelessness, I've lost an inmate of Tartarus."

The shadows suddenly came out from all around. The walls, the floor, the ceiling, each one a tendril that would fly towards the blue haired man in an attempt to pull him away from the Lieutenant. Hopefully, the tendrils of darkness would wrap around his limbs to keep him immobile.

"I told you . . . to stay away from the Lieutenant," Diane said as her whole form began to shift as she was getting covered in shadows, "or you will be destroyed by me."

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, in a cathedral full of crazy people but not crazy people who want a piece of the world -- er, I mean world peace -
Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria RikuXIII RikuXIII

Jari felt impulsive even after Incarose reached out and ensnared his shoulder. His breaths, while still laboured, slowed marginally upon receiving her friendly touch, but his eyes still darted about in search of Mako, or folks to mention where she was. Then, within the hall, she appeared, locked in combat with one of the assailants and seemingly knocking him out alongside another, who he recognised as Anya from before. His heart leapt in happiness and relief. She was safe, alive, and well. Thank heavens.

Whatever relief came up quickly ended with the sound of mocking applause. A new challenger appeared, wrapped in a robe from head to toe, and seemingly of a different breed than these weapon masters. He said "his men." Could he be their leader? Was he a mage?

Whether he was or not, the others attempted to score a capture on him. Jari could not blame them -- this was quite the mess, and the man needed to stand trial for his men's crimes and avid bloodshed, but could they capture an evasive man such as he who was capable of standing in front of so many enemy mages with a smile on his face?

Don't know you can until you try, he inwardly voiced, lifting off Incarose's hand before surging between Soren and Arno. Hand outstretched and legs trailing behind Arun's earth magic, he tried to get a grip on the man by the front of his robes by stopping just short and reaching out for him. He did not think of the possibility of the man having a weapon, just that he wanted to keep the newcomer still.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, undergoing healing from a lovely Maestra -

Elrandir Elrandir

Once seated at the brace of logs Nero pointed out, Daruk's view bounced between the healing of his ankle -- a marvelous and miraculous recuperation in comparison to three days to three weeks of ice and recuperation -- and the floating hair of Thea -- perhaps equally marvelous. She was certainly worth her salt as a healer, but as a woman too she was a lady of quality, humility, and quiet strength. If he were any younger, maybe he could stand a chance with asking her out, but considering he was probably old enough to be her father he decided against it. Instead, he would just admire her and her many fair attributes.

"Disease," he led up as an offer of conversation, "would be challenging to deal with. There are so many of them that curing would require a lot of knowledge, I reckon, but your school has been blessed with much accumulated erudition. We of Ignis have our talented mages, like Anya, but nothing with such skill in water magic. I again would love to learn a bit of it someday, from you or one of your students. Behind all this muscle lies at least some brains. HAH!

"And wow! My heel feels great so far. I can hardly feel a lick of pain now!" he exclaimed, moving it around a bit, possibly against doctor's orders.

–Sanctus Heights: The Grand Cathedral: 2nd Floor–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Elrandir Elrandir

The robed man's attention diverted toward Arun as the young mage spoke to him, lifting his chin slightly. "Tell me, then: do you hold yourself accountable for unaffiliated mages torching cities, killing civilians?" he asked passively. "What about those who demand justice, targeting innocents to make their point heard? Would you stand trial for them, even though you do not support their motives?" He shook his head. "But then again, I am asking this of court mages willing to slaughter their brethren: the whole of Vivifica merely on the whim of old folks who should not be in power."

As Arun made a motion to ensnare the man, the man extended his arms, his shadow splitting and clinging to the walls, much as Vlad's had done. He backed into one around the time that Jari had grabbed him, reappearing behind Arun and clicking his tongue. "Pity, it seems you are the sort to take action first and ask questions later. And here I had higher expectations from the court of Ignis."

If Jari had enough momentum, he would perhaps have been pulled into the shadows as well, though if this were to happen the man would've yanked Jari out before any harm could befall him, with a hand that, Jari would notice, had blue tattoos down it.

He then turned toward Vlad, his lips curling into a smile. "Now you, my fine man, have manners," he said, despite Vlad having just called him a geezer. "When you live as many lifetimes as I have, you have donned many names, to the point that your original is but a blur. But in one lifetime I was once called Invidia, and it has stuck with me ever since." He swept into a bow. "It is a pleasure to finally make the acquaintances of ten fine court mages all in one place."

Doing a mental head count, Kolm blurted. "I am no mage."

This caused a chortle to emit from Invidia. "I think differently. Shall I demonstrate your potential?"

He snapped his fingers, and the room began to drop rapidly in temperature. The frosty breaths of the mages could be seen within the room, ice beginning to creep along the walls as the shadows he'd once used disappeared. The ice then began to expand along the floor to Vlad and his fallen dread fighter.

"Now then, this has been lovely, and dare I say that I have missed the company of mages, but I really must be going. I have a caravan to catch, and from the looks of things you have a city to repair," he said, tone holding slight boredom. "If you would be so kind as to release your captive, I would be grateful."

–Sanctus Heights: Elia and Ariana's Apartment–
Elrandir Elrandir

"Inmate?" His voice was practically a scoff. "Pretty words, Miss, but no; you would be mistaken. While I may not be human, I am not an undead, not quite. Thanks to the destruction of the many lives from the automaton incident, Sanctus Heights is practically glistening with Itika, so much so that I have been able to regain human form." He let out a deep exhale. "Still, it's not quite the same. It never is, but I am pleased to be walking among the world of the living rather than the Spirit Realm where creatures take other forms."

He tilted his head slightly, those lifeless eyes haunting. "You, on the other hand, seem very unusual, but I cannot quite put my finger on it. Cerberus, you say? Can't say that I've heard of you, but with all due respect: you do not seem like a hound, Miss Corbeau."

The man was caught off-guard, however, when the shadows wrapped themselves around his legs, hindering any movement. He fought and wriggled trying to break free, but to no avail. He shot her a glare. "I would be careful about throwing threats around, if I were you," he said lowly. He brought his hands in an intricate pattern, and electricity danced off his fingertips, in a zig-zag pattern toward Diane.

Meanwhile, Mastiff obeyed the Lich, remaining still against the wall, his labored breaths growing shallow as blood continued to pour from his open wound.

- Soren Monroe, The Fractured Bulwark, Ignis - Sanctus Heights, Grand Cathedral, Second Floor -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Thanny Thanny Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

For a time at least, Soren's abilities were seemingly unneeded, yet he still stood strong and kept his eye on his surroundings and Arno, just in case things were to go south. It was then that a mysterious, ominous robed man appeared seemingly from the shadows, clapping as if he had witnessed a beautiful stage performance, rather than the defeat of bandits. It became clear quickly that this mage was no friend of theirs, as he had voiced his intent to pursue the High Priestess, likely with malicious intent, which necessitated action. Jari and Arun made their moves, but the robed figure, in a deft motion, slipped into the shadows, literally it seemed, to avoid Jari's rush and Arun's snare. This was what followed after the robed man began to question the Court Mages on their morality, their disdain and dismissal of unaffiliated, nomadic mages and the willingness to slaughter Vivifica wholesale in the name of the Elders, all hefty accusations indeed and they all were of great offense to Soren.

Kolm's rebuttal to the mage headcount was met with the robed man, now known as Invidia, utilizing Frost magic to sharply lower the temperature of the room, to the point where ice was forming along the walls and the breath of everyone present was visible as a chilling puff of mist. Invidia, rather unenthusiastically, made his demand for their captive to be released, all while seeming in a hurry to depart, with only increased Soren's up until now, quiet fury. Amidst the ice, chilling air and freezing magical energies, something began to swirl around Soren's feet, this air slowly rose up to Soren's head and all the while, it visibly became more heated, glowing and at its peak; Fiery. With a brief roar, Soren flexed his arms and hands outwards and unleashed a burst of intense, solar heat throughout the room and took a few steps towards Invidia, maintaining an aura of heat, which would likely melt the ice and encroach upon Invidia's ground, the heated air currents blowing through Soren's cape, causing it to flutter around greatly.

"You are in no position to judge us, Invidia. Since the moment your men arrived here, since these bandits made their first move, nothing but death and destruction has been wrought! We're supposed to trust your word that they were never meant to do this? Does that explain the bodies outside these walls with dagger wounds riddling them? Or all that has transpired these past few minutes? You're no better than the unaffiliated who do themselves little, in the way of favours." Soren growled his words at Invidia, his anger had grown for far too long, now it had manifested in a searing force against the robed man, the worst of the heat being thrown in his direction, while Soren's allies would only be warmed up, so the cold would no longer afflict them.

"Those who target the innocent, those who raze cities to the ground, they will be held accountable, for they are the ones at fault, the ones who took it too far, because we will stop at nothing to bring them to justice. And should Vivifica truly be guilty of their crimes, they will be treated only as they deserve: As criminals. But we will not slaughter them, no one in their right mind would seriously think that's the solution to this disagreement!" He added with a forceful, assured tone, before reaching for his sword and unsheathing it swiftly, sapphire flames enveloping the blade.

"As for you, I care not how many times you have lived, how many names you've taken. I care about who you are now and who you've been in this life, "Invidia". You seek to bring harm to the High Priestess? To the innocent? You answer to Soren Monroe, the Bulwark of the Ignis Court, a Sentinel for the weak and the one who stands before you now." Soren's eyes glowed faintly under his hood as his power continued to flow across the room, preparing himself for battle.

"Surrender. Or I will make you submit. Either way, you're coming with us." Soren spoke with a distinct finality to his tone and words, ready to act on a moments notice to prevent Invidia's escape.

- Gabriel Woods, The Soaring Raven, Bounty Hunter - Grand Cathedral, Prison -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Thus far, everything had gone as planned: The Guards were unconscious, having been completely thrown off by Gabriel's words and Elena had been freed. Now the difficult part was getting away unnoticed or at least without trouble. The matter of Vaike's identity and Elena's knowledge of all this would have to wait for now, though Tibarn's concerns about their friend could be quickly assuaged.

"Arno can take care of himself. He'll be back with us before we know it, trust me. For now, let's get out of here, before anything explodes, just because Fate herself decided to have a laugh at our expense..." Gabriel uttered quickly, though his snark slipped through the cracks of urgency, practically laying in wait of their next misfortune, if only because it had been smooth sailing so far and in Gabriel's experience, nothing was ever easy.

- Eleanor Le Doux, Fierce Shadow, Umbra - Vita River -

Xion136 Xion136 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Eleanor was happy to see Eclaire and Fyenne, though it was clear that the latter was a tad apprehensive about the Umbra mage, though it was understandable, as last time Fyenne had seen Elle properly, she was indiscriminately slaughtering surrendering, terrified bandits in a blind, yet unanticipated rage. Eleanor gave Fyenne a soft smile the moment she laid eyes upon her, as if to convey her softer soul with just a glance, though that might show with how much more she brightened up when she faced Eclaire, chuckling and giving a reassuring gesture.

"It's all right, we can have a swim another time, perhaps at a river with less giant sea serpents. Deal?" Eleanor uttered cheekily, but would follow Eclaire as she carried Fyenne to the next available carriage. Even this was not entirely without event, for Makoto, the rambunctious little puglist of Ignis, gave a quick, aggressive demonstration against the air, of what she would do the next time trouble rears its ugly head. To say Eleanor was...amused, would be an understatement.

"I-I'm sure you'll give 'em what for...!" Eleanor managed to say in-between stifled laughter, unable to quite believe someone could be so energetic.

- Ronin of the Shade, One of Many Names, Unaffiliated - With Isabelle and Co -

Xion136 Xion136 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Having been ignored by the lover of Zion, Ronin simply shrugged to himself and followed along, though he would give Remy a seemingly knowing glance as the thief was beckoned to follow along. This was for no real purpose, other than that Ronin needed something good today, so Remy's potential fear or confusion would serve as suitable amusement.

Aquilla- The Magic Deficient- Ignis- Cathedral

Aquilla was horribly weakened by all of her casting. A fair lair of ice had coated her skin and was chilling her to the core, the difference is that she had allies around her now. Allies that were in far better condition then her, they were also at their base of operations rather than out in the field. These factors swiftly made the next choice for Aquilla much easier to make as she lifted her hand upon seeing the ice move towards Vlad and loosed her last spell at it. Taking control of the element and pulsing the ice back towards Invidia. The ice that was once on the ground broke apart and turned into a shower of chilling powdered snow. Soon after a surge of cold ran through Aquilla’s body and she dropped face first to the floor, her mana drained once again. The primary issue for her this time was her ice magic backlash having built up since she could not use her fire magic. Her skin would be ice cold to the touch.

Arun would feel the drop of temperature as the man avoided his trap. He glanced back at the man behind him, quickly turning around to point his sword at him. "I would consider in asking questions first, had you not shed the blood of innocents for your lack of planning." He hissed. He was after the priestess, and could not even narrow her down. In turn, innocent people within the cathedral had been slaughtered before they could even realize what was happening. They would never know why they died in the place where they were meant to feel the safest. Though his words did made the Ignis mage think. "Life is not always fair." He spoke. "If it were, there would be no wars. There would be no pain, no loss, and no you to cause it. You believe that you are doing a holy duty of some sort by bringing attention to such issue, and how? By killing innocents. By tainting your reasons with blood. By your own logic, you are no better than those who you seek out to bring to justice." Arun lowered his sword. He would hear Soren, glancing back at him in surprise. It was understandable to be upset but this seemed...a bit more personal? Possibly? He would not know how to target it. He sighed, watching his breath in the air. He watched Aquilla fight back and Arun was quick to react as well. With the ice no longer on the floor, the Ignis mage charged at the enemy, swinging his blade towards the man's chest.

- Vlad and Arnold - Grand Cathedral - Hallway -

Vlad smirked as the man directed himself towards him, and the captive in question, telling them all his name, Invidia was a weird name, but not the weirdest he saw or heard by far, but back on topic the man proved himself to be a capable shadowmancer, perhaps even more adept than Vlad himself, this raised an eyebrow as the smirk on Vlad's face continued.

The man began to reduce the temperature in the environment, noticing the frosty breaths of the others and himself as well as the floor having a nice streak of ice coming along it towards him and the dread fighter, in reaction to this Vlad forced the Dread fighter's face to the floor with one of his hands and keeping it on the floor, had the ice followed through it would catch the dread fighter's face, being a nice friendly fire situation, but Aquilla's spell stopped the ice, if not temporarily at least at the cost of her conciousness, poor lass.

"Highly doubt this was unplanned lad" Vlad commented on Arun's statements, before looking at Invidia straight in the eyes, "If you'l entertain me one question, what exactly do you want with the high priestess? answer me truthfuly and I might even free your friend here." Vlad proposed, but his proposal was perhaps overshadowed by Soren and Arun's boisterous speeches.

Meanwhile in Arno's vision he saw a bunch of magical lunatics speaking philosophy, because of course they were, Soren himself went on a speech filled tirade, showing his views, as thick headed as they were to Arno, and preparing himself to battle. Meanwhile Arno was too busy analyzing the man.

'He spoke to that boy with the words of showing the boys's potential...and then the room's temperature started dropping, not only that but he used shadows to dodge the other's attacks and grapples, something the man holding the captive assassin was capable of doing.' Arno could feel a tingling sensation beside his left eye from his nerves as he was concentrating.

"The man's a copycat..." Arno pointed out. Pointing towards Invidia, then at Vlad. "He used the scottsman's shadowmancy to avoid your attacks, and from what he spoke to the boy he also used his ice magic too, he even spoke about showing the boy's potential, which from the temperature drop he uses ice magic." Arno declared before taking a step back. "Which means we're vastly disadvantaged, if he can copy everyone's magic..." Arno, his expression not changing. Levering his rifle as he prepared for the worst. This was about to get ugly. "Damn, you mages are a mess." Arno added in.

'God dammit what the fuck did I get myself into now...' He thought.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Last edited:
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Elrandir Elrandir

"I am not here to pass judgment," Invidia said coolly, as he watched Soren raise in temperature, quite literally. "You speak as a true Ignis Mage, full of righteousness and advocating true justice. But, one who doesn't understand the system should not be there to pass such judgment. Clearly, you are ignorant of the real workings behind the courts, what you are truly fighting for. If you but knew, you would be begging to join me rather than opposing me. But alas: my words fall upon deaf ears. Perhaps one day, when it is too late, you shall see the deadly mistake that you all are making. Maybe then we can have a productive conversation, but not now, I see."

The ice coursing along the ground, which would've rooted the dread fighter in place, fell short thanks to Aquilla, at the cost of her own consciousness. The robed man glanced toward Aquilla briefly before returning his attention to Vlad, who addressed him with his question. Without a moment's hesitation, he simply replied with: "The truth? Certainly: I wish to kill the high priestess, to break the cycle, and free Regalia from the accursed chains which bind her."

Soren's heatwave was successfully thawing the ice, and would in turn warm his fellow mages. Kolm felt the warmth wash over his chilled skin, his eyes seeming haunted as he continued to glance in Aquilla's direction. He swallowed hard, seeming at war with himself, his gaze flickering from Aquilla and back to Invidia.

Invidia watched Soren as the Ignis Mage threatened him. "I admire your courage, but I shall not surrender. I do not wish to hurt any of you, but if I am backed in a corner with no choice I will do as I must."

At last he turned to Arun, addressing his statement. "I would be a liar if I said that I was better than them. I am cutting losses; surely you can begin to fathom such?" As Arun charged, Invidia brought an arm close and flicked his wrist. His body appeared distorted before he vanished, reappearing alongside Vlad and the dread fighter.

He listened as Arno accused him of being a copycat and uttered a string about mages. A smirk stretched his lips. "Heh, and who's to say that I am a mage?"

Reaching for his dread fighter, he glanced toward Vlad, lowering his voice slightly as he spoke. "I can see that you are somewhat different from the typical court mages. From what I have foreseen, I believe you may just be the one that can change this world that we live in. Once you think things over and have time to ponder what has been said, seek me. We shall talk, my Shadowmancer."

"And now," Invidia added, louder so that others could hear more clearly. "Since I have given you your truth, will you release my man?"

Last edited:
- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita River Encampment -
Thanny Thanny

"I'm afraid it is. But that won't stop me, or Somnum, from trying to find ways of helping people, it is one of our purposes. At least while I'm still the Maestra of the Court. " Nero said quietly, "my predecessors had different plans while they took care of the court. I hope my successor has a worthy goal for their time as maester or maestra. But I won't burden any of them with such heavy expectations of being an heir, I want them to live their lives they wish, do what they wish to do, experience what life as to offer. This experience can prove to be vital for them to form a path that can lead to the betterment of everyone. That's what I think, at least.

For some time Nero remained quiet and focused on her healing spell, she took glances to see what the rest of the caravan were doing. She was happy that some of them were cooperating in setting up the camp.

"Some might say we are a bunch of lazy people, which, I suppose, some of my mages are, but they are also quite smart and ready to pursue their cause. Be it personal gain or helping others with their research," she said, a hint of amusement in her voice, "Oh yeah, Anya is a very talented mage, her prowess is something worth witnessing. I would be honored to teach you some water magic any time. Healing spells specifically. Can't have you getting hurt and unable to protect your mages. Or, in this case, the High Priestess, right?"

With one quick nod the Maestra gave Daruk one gentle smile as the faint glowing light on her hands began to slowly fade away. This was all she could muster unless she wanted to be exhausted.

"It is done, Maester Daruk. I am sure it will be enough to heal your injury, you just need to rest for the rest of the night and I'm sure everything will be fine in the morning. Vivifica's heir's injuries were a little more severe so that will take a little more time to heal than yours," Nero said to Daruk, "Anyways, I will remain awake to keep watch for a few hours. I do not need much sleep after all. Just be sure not to do anything that would be seen as shameful, like what happened in the river a few hours ago? I might not mind such spontaneous acts, but I'm sure Lady Mia would have a heart attack if that happened again. In any case, rest well, Daruk."

Nero gave the Maester a playful wink before turning around and make her way to the edge of the river, she saw a rock of good size in which she took a seat and began to meditate for a little while, just enough to recover some amount of mana from the nature around her, specifically the water from the river flowing in front of her.

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Apartment above the tavern -

"So I was correct in assuming you were not human. I suppose we both can recognize that neither of us is exactly normal to begin with. Itika is dangerous, if if gets out of control, the consequences could be disastrous. Many lives were lost, those who remain suffer, those who died before their time will suffer too, but that is not something I'm concerned about," Diane said flatly, "that only means that I'm doing my job pretty well. I am a shadow destined to go unnoticed by those who bask in the light."

Diane watched as the blue-haired man made patterns with his hands before releasing an electric attack in her direction. It was to late to make more shadow tendrils hold his hands, but she did have another plan. She quickly raised her prosthetic arm, the magitek arm, that had small glowing sigils hovering around it, she braced for the impact of the attack against her arm and, once it made contact, the electricity would be partially absorbed by the magitek arm for future use. She was shocked for a split second, but the moment she recovered she waved her hand and, just as she did that, tanother set of shadow tendrils flew towards the blue-haired man and an attempt to pin him against the wall. She didn't looked if the man was actually pinned against the wall before she ran towards the door of the apartment.

"I'm sorry, but I have more important things to do than to deal with you for the moment," she said as she looked at the man.

With another wave of her hand, the Lieutenant would be lifted by a shadow tendril and pulled towards the Lich, she would carry him on her back before quickly going down the stairs.

"Help! Help! The Lieutenant has been attacked!" Diane said in the most convincing tone she could muster, "the attacker is in the room above, someone has to stop him!"

Without waiting to see the reaction of the people around the tavern, Diane made her way outside and into the streets of Sanctus Heighs. She walked between alleys and barely populated streets, looking for a place in particular, a place where she was sure someone would be able to help the Lieutenant. After wandering in the shadows while carrying the Lieutenant for a few minutes, she finally made her way into one particular shop. The name in the front said "Elvenwind."

"Welcome to Elvenwind, my humble store, were you will find that special attire to reignite the flame of passion. I am Vala Hassan, how can I be of help?" A female voice said.

There was a woman behind the counter in the back. Long silver hair, blue eyes, silk-smooth pale skin, her attire looked expensive, an ensemble that mixed white and aqua-green, both shirt and shin-length skirt. Were those long ears? That was not right. But she did had those long ears. The moment she saw Diane and the injured Lieutenant she walked towards them.

"Oh dear, what happened here? He is injured. Was he a victim of a robbery, perchance? I'm afraid that his wound looks serious and the nearest medic is, at least, fifteen minutes away." Miss Hassan said while looking at Diane, "he might not make it all the way, though."

"This humble shadow has come bearing gifts from the darkness." Diane said to the woman.

The woman, Miss Hassan, looked at Diane for a few seconds, the only noise probably coming from the Lieutenant's own breathing. Maybe for him that exchange would feel as an eternity, but the silence was broken when the young woman rolled her eyes.

"Oh, of course! Silly me! I just remembered that I have something to help this poor gentleman in the back," Vala said as she covered the lower half of her face with a fan she was holding, "Please, bring him over and we shall patch him up."

With a wave of Vala's hand the curtains and the entrance of the shop closed by themselves, leaving the trio to their privacy. Diane put the Lieutenant's arm around her neck and helped him get on the back of the store. Once in the back she saw a hallway with a few doors on each side, Vala was waving at her from one of them. Diane quickly made her way into said room. Inside she found a simple room with a single bed, a bureau and a mirror on the side, and a cavinet full of vials and liquids of different colours.

"Put him in the bed, take off his shirt and bring me the fourth vial on the left side, please," Vala said as she looked around the room absentmindedly.

Diane did as she was told, she slowly put the Lieutenant in the bed and unbuttoned his shirt to expose his wound. She then went to get the specific vial that Miss Hassan was asking for.

"It will take some time before his injury is fully healed, but he won't be dying any time soon. Not by this, at least," Vala said as Diane gave her the vial of golden liquid, "Drink this, my good gentleman, and try to relax a little. This healing potion will help with that wound while also numb the pain while I work some little magic on you, yes?"

Vala slowly moved the vial towards the Lieutenant's lips and waited for him to drink the potion, once he was done, she would lay his head on the pillow and close her eyes. Her hands making intricate patters in the air, leaving traces of arcane energy, she then put her hands above the Lieutenant's wound and began the healing process. Diane knew that the wound could be dangerous of not treated, but now that Miss Hassan was there, she knew the Lieutenant was in good hands. After all, Miss Hassan had been helping Maester Gerik and the Umbra Court for a few years now.

"Now, sweety, tell me what happened. What interesting story do you have for me." Vala Hassan said.

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights: The Grand Cathedral: 2nd Floor -
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Everything inside the cathedral was total chaos, people fighting, others showing up and talking about important things that Incarose had no time to understand. What she did understand was when everyone began to attack the strange man, Invidia? yes, that one. It was confusing, but she did managed to see one of Ignis mage go down after using one of her spells.

"Oh no, this is bad," Incarose said.

The redhead quickly ran towards the girl, and the moment she made contact with her she could feel the cold sensation she was giving. Incarose made an effort to pull the young girl behind a pillar or some structure that could offer some form of protection from the battle that was probably going to happen.

"Don't worry, I got you," Incarose said to Aquilla, "you are cold, but you used fire. No! focus! she needs warmth."

Incarose closed her eyes and began to focus her mind, she would produce a warmth touch that would counter Aquilla's cold, hopefully, preventing her from getting frozen or something worse.

Last edited:
{Anya & Mako: Sanctus Heights; 2nd floor}
With #5 on the ground, Anya gave Mako a thumbs up.
"Thanks for the assist, kid." she said with a smile.
She squinted as she looked the teleporter up and down.
"You're one of Nero's mages right?" The Phoenix Bearer asked.
Mako, breathing a little heavy, just nodded. The adrenaline was ebbing out of her, taking some of the confidence with it.
Both mages turned to face the man in the robes, weapons ready. Anya moved up to support Arun while Mako hung back. The older mage came up short when she heard the name Invidia.
"Shaw's target." She thought, her mind racing.
The need to take this person down, dead or alive, became all the more necessary. She felt the reduction in temperature, and answered it with a flare of Phoenix flame. Flames seemed to dance along the walls, giving off a pleasant heat, but not damaging the structure.
"You aren't going anywhere." Anya snarled, her flames gathering around Invidia.
The flames sprouted two gigantic Phoenix talons, one trying to prevent retreat while the other went directly to grab Invidia.

{Gerik Lockford - Umbra Court: Vita River}
With the stop, Gerik kept to himself mostly. With the help of some shadow magic, he set up a tent for himself and one for Micah. The Umbral Maester wasn't all that fond of camping, having been born and raised in urban environments. Still, you did what you had to. He considered Mabel's and Jynn's continued proximity to each other. While Gerik had disapproved of Arkane's blurting out his thoughts on the matter, he did not fault the mage for his perception. He would have to watch the High Prestiess and the Vivifica Heir more closely. Perhaps give them some...pointers.
Still, this train of thought led him to another bit of business he had to attend to. Once the tents were up, the Umbral Maester sauntered to Arkane's tent. He rapped politely on one of the supports.
"Oh, Arkane?" he said in a tone that seemed soft, but wasn't quite soft enough to go unnoticed by a sleeper.

Arun listened. What prisoner was he talking about? He saw Anya try and keep the enemy from running off, and Arun would quickly rush to aid her. He rushed from behind Invidia, blocking the third escape path from him with a brandished sword. He raised his sword, the blade glowing bright. He kept using the shadows as a means to escape, correct? Then maybe if there was no shadows to escape to... "Cover your eyes!" He yelled, focusing on the magic as his blade began to glow brightly, burning with the minimal fire magic the mage knew of. It was not harmful or intended to use in battle. Instead it glowed brightly, a shinning beacon aimed to light up all of the shadows nearby the enemy.

Arkane was preparing for bed inside his tent. He stretched out the comforter, placing two pillows on either side as a comfort fortress before removing his hairpin and bow. He set them aside in a corner with his satchel and belt, kicking off his shoes before slipping into a comfortable set of pajamas. He was about to call it in for the night and head to sleep when he heard the voice of none other than his maester. Much like a child who had gotten himself into trouble, he would remain still for a few seconds, thinking that if he did not move then Gerik would think he was asleep and would simply walk away. Yet, Arkane was a young adult. This was not exactly the way that he should be behaving...now would it? Besides. He was sure that he could sense that he was awake. Best not to risk it than to sass him. The young mage sighed and sat up, turning as he crawled over to the front of the tent. He pushed side the flaps, taking a peek outside to see Gerik standing there. "...maester." He said. He crawled out and stood up, straightening his back as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Yes, Maester Gerik? Do you need something?" Oh he was playing dumb? Probably. More that he would not acknowledge what he did wrong because...well, he was not sure why he was in trouble for this time.

RikuXIII RikuXIII

Yael went for the nearest tree. His tail would wag and curl as he lay against the trunk of the tree, balancing his body as he lay on the branch. Ears flickered as eyes glanced around the camp, searching for anything out of place. He promised himself that he would not get involved in such things anymore. That he would relax. That he would take upon a hobby other than annoying people and delivering trickster justice. Maybe he could back out still. Find the road back to the city, aid in the recovery, disappear into the crowd as he usually did...and yet seeing Jynn reminded him why he tagged along in the first place. No. He could not abandon him. Not when he had edged him on and the consequences had led to this. He would have to stick it through, albeit with the same charming smile and playful jokes. "Just a bit longer." He whispered to himself, closing his eyes and crossing his arms.

- Vlad and Arno - The Shadow dude and the gunslinger - Grand Cathedral hallway -

This invidia person sure was an interesting one, Vlad was actualy surprised as the man answered his question truthfuly, wincing a bit at the mention and sheer coldness on the man's voice as he said he wants to kill the high priestess, a felony of the highest order, in order to break some cycle. Vlad still had his hands and feet pinning the dread fighter to the ground, if the man was even skill conciouss, he thought he slammed the man's head too hard onto the floor, dude was either dead or wit ha severe concussion, regardless. As Invidia got close, closer than Vlad would like, he raised an eyebrow as Invida would throw some compliments his way.

"That so?" Vlad responded with a neutral tone. Seeing the hostilities from everyone else in the hallway, especialy from Anya and Soren prompted Vlad to finish things quick. "Well, I did promise to give you your man..." Vlad said as he let go of the dread fighter on the floor, standing up and looking at Invidia, then at the others. "Much as im willing, I don't think they are." Vlad commented, taking a step back as he would see what everyone's attacks would result in.

Meanwhile Arno had already readied his lever action magic rifle and pointed it towards the man everyone was attacking, "God dammit..." Arno said under his breath, things were about to go down...and he thought Tibbarn was reckless. Arno was quiet and concentrated, cold as a snake and focused like a hawk. He had somewhere to be, but he wouldn't be able to get there until this was done.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Henry Heid - Ignis Court - Vita River -

Well everyone was settling in nicely, some made tents, Nero had finished healing Daruk and went to the river's edge, just in time as Henry had finished preparing the campfire and laying some rocks and tree stumps for people to sit by and warm up, making sure the fire was not strong enough to escape the boundaries of the wood burning and spread around, he sat in reflection. After a while it certainly got dreadfuly boring.

Looking around he noticed most people were minding their own business, Arkane was already at his tent, no way to get him to come by the campfire, Makoto was probably making a plan to scare him half to death, Daruk had just finished being healed, Jynn was nowhere to be seen. All he could really see standing out was the shapeshifter on top of the tree nearby.

"Hey, you, on top of the tree". Henry called out to Yael, he didn't quite know the man's name, only that he was tagging along with Jynn and company. "Why don't you sit by the campfire a bit? warm yourself up instead of sitting on that tree? it gets pretty cold at night." Henry offered him a place at the campfire, should he want it. There was ample space and the fire was lively. "What's your name?" Henry added.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Yael was almost asleep when he heard the familiar voice of the Ignis heir. He sat up, looking down at Henry, his tail wagging back and forth. "Hm? I am allowed?" He asked, closing his eyes for a moment. He smiled and shrugged. "Sure thing. A warm campfire sounds great." Yael pushed himself off the branch, landing gracefully on the ground, heels forming an indent against the dirt. "That is very kind of you to offer." He admitted, his ears twitching as he approached. "I am Yael, a Shapeshifter. I tagged along with Jynn since his appearance within the court meeting." He said, hands on his hips. "You are Henry. Your powers are impressive, albeit unstable. You have much to learn." He said poking Henry's nose playfully with a smile. "I usually sleep in trees because...creatures cannot usually climb trees." That and he could just snuggle in a corner and sleep with the breeze. "You feel cold? I thought you Ignis mages were always warm." He teased, walking off to the campfire. His strut was casual as he found himself a spot around the campfire, taking a seat and purring with a stretch. "Will you not sleep, Henry?"

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

- Henry Heid - Ignis - Vita River -

"Everyone is welcome to a campfire!" Henry exclaimed at Yael's question if he was allowed, surprised the shapeshifter asked permission to, seeing the man land flawlessly on the ground and come up to the campfire brought a warm smile to Henry's face. A nervous chuckle escaping him as Yael poked his nose and told him his magic was unstable, he wasn't wrong.
"Well you got me there, I am learning on how to better utilize it. You on the other hand show impressive shapeshifting abilities even though I don't think you belong to a court." He added, a small shrug with his shoulders followed. A small genuine laugh escaped him at the mention of cold and how Ignis mages were usualy warm. "That is a common misconception." Henry replied raising an index finger to punctuate. "Ignis mages may have fire, but our bodies aren't that warm unless want them to be." Henry explained how it worked somewhat, it was true that ignis mages could warm their bodies with fire, but it usualy wasn't instinctive, too warm a body brings health problems and a heck of a thermal shock.
"Don't really plan on sleeping much, someone has to keep watch." He answered Yael's question, tugging the campfire with a small branch. "So I trust you will accompany us to Vivifica?"

Yael watched the fire ahead, listening in. "Yes. I made a promise to Jynn that I would come along with him and aid in his quest. I am not one to back away from my word. He fed me, after all! A trickster is a trickster, but a promise is a promise! I only punish those who would do bad...and Jynn does seem to be a genuinely kind person from what I can judge." He reached over the fire, not shoving his hand into the fire, but certainly just wavering his hand over the flames to feel the warmth. "We can keep watch together, then. I will sleep in the car ride." He attempted to 'grab' at the fire, but obviously it did not work, Yael pulling his hand away and resting against the dirt. He tilted his head back, looking up. Between the canopy of the trees the starry sky shone bright, Yael staring over as his eyes darted from star to star as if searching for something. "It is odd to see them change." He whispered. He watched Henry for a moment before sitting up suddenly and crawling closer. He pretty much got into Henry's personal space and reached up to grab a hold of his face. He stared a him in the eyes, searching for something as his ears would flicker in thought. "The fire is definitely in your eyes. There is more magic in your veins than blood." He complained yawning before laying back on the dirt. He turned to face Henry, adjusting his arm and leaning his head against his hand. "We can play a game and remain awake. Maybe you want to hear a story, or a song?"

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

- Henry Heid - Ignis - Vita River -

Henry nodded respectfuly as Yael explained the reasons of him tagging along, seems like he was stuck with Jynn for a bit, smiling as Yael offered to watch the night together with him. "Sure, I won't mind the company" He spoke looking at Yael as the latter began looking for the stars, paying curious attention to his whispering, albeit he could not hear much of it. Then Yael got close, uncomfortably close.

Henry was about to speak up but Yael grabbed his face before he could, deciding to stay quiet but cautious as Yael examined him, before letting go and hearing his mention of his magic. "That good or bad?" Henry sarcasticaly asked him as he relaxed a bit, Yael hadn't leaned in for a kiss, that was good, Makoto would totally do that.

Henry poked the campfire a bit more with the small branch before looking back at Yael at the mention of playing games or stories. "Sure! you first though." Henry spoke with a smile.

Yael hummed. "It is good, in some ways. It means that you are born from a pure magic bloodline. When children are born with magic running in their veins, their eyes come alive. They have an energy and life to them that stands out against those without magic. It is nothing bad nor good. It is merely an observation." He leaned back against the dirt and stared at the sky some more. "Very well. I will share a story with you, and I wish for you to listen to it completely." Yael said, beginning his tale.

"Once upon a time there was a grand kingdom, powerful and proud. They had a equally powerful and proud leader, and he had a daughter. He was h is everything. She was beautiful, smart, witty, and human. She had anything she desired within the restrictions of the rules, and yet she searched for that she could not have. The princess took upon a lover, a handsome warrior, a soldier for her father's army. Such union was prohibited, and they were careful to keep it secret. One day, however, a new servant entered the palace. She was beautiful, lovely, kind, and she stole the warrior's heart without even trying, or so it would seem. The princess was furious. How could a servant steal away what was rightfully hers? Of the man she loved.

Such troubles did not end, for her father found out of the lovers, and would bring the soldier for judgement. The judgement in this kingdom was a game of chance. In a grand arena the accused would be presented with two doors. Behind one door, a hungry pack of beasts waiting for a feast. Behind the other, a spouse, and freedom. Should he chose the right door, he would be married on the spot, rid of all of his crimes, and begin anew. If he chose the chose the wrong one, he would be eaten. The princess swore to him that she would let him know which door would lead to safety, by using the significant hand to stroke the pelts on the balcony besides her father. The night before the trial, however, the princess found out that it would be none other than the servant girl who would be placed behind the door. Now the princess had two choices. To purposely lead the warrior to his death, or to lead him to freedom, even if it meant to see him be married to that who stole him from her. When the time came, the princess stroke the fur with her right hand, and following the instructions, the warrior went to open the door..." Yael allowed it to trail off before glancing at Henry.

"Tell me, Henry. What do you think happened then?" He asked. "Was her love great enough to see him happy and alive with someone else? Or were her human flaws much greater to condemn him to death?"

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

And so, the day closes, perhaps with more questions than our mages started with. Who truly caused the automaton to go rogue, and what ever happened to Diane and Lieutenant Mastiff? Why did the Ebon Flame strike the cathedral, and what was this "cycle" that Invidia voiced? Perhaps many of you despise the robed man and his words, perhaps others are developing questions, deep down. Are the elders being truly honest, and is there a hidden meaning to what the courts represent?

Vaike and Invidia both seek the High Priestess, but do they both wish for the same cause, and are they both in league with one another? And who is Vaike, really, if he once donned the name and mask of Magnus Damora? Nothing is wholly clear, and as you further set out on your path you may start to question its very core. Or, perhaps not. Regardless, there is no denying that many forces are at work, and that the earth sings a new song, one which suggests that it is about to change all too soon.

The question is: are you prepared for this new dawn?

Chapter Three

Along the riverbed, the mages have set up camp and rested. Some soundly, others sleeplessly. The night passed rather uneventful, a blessing from the gods after a rather arduous first day on the road. Many of you are unaccustomed to traveling for such long periods, and many others are not experienced in battling monsters. It isn't every day that a Lagiacrus appears on the riverside, after all.

The sun rises, and you awaken to the pleasant sound of birds chirping overhead. The air smells of pine and murky water, and if you emerge from your tent you will find the premises covered in a thick fog. The humidity is high, making it slightly difficult to breathe, albeit not as much as when you had fought the Lagiacrus yesterday.

Lady Mia awoke early that morning. She sat by a fire, roasting fish. Where she got them, no one would rightly know, though presumably the woman caught them herself (but with what, no one knows, either). The high priestess was no where to be found, likely still asleep soundly in her tent.

An early start was decided on the day prior. Once a small meal was consumed, it would be time to hit the road once more, this time en route to a destination that the mages would have to decide upon, either Aeternalis or Vita City. Vita City is a tourist hotspot, frequented by many travelers across Regalia and home to many immigrants from The Outskirts. It is very commercial and has a population which nearly rivals that of Sanctus Heights. Aeternalis, on the other hand, is housed just north of the Vivifica Forest, the closest hub to the temple of destination. It is considerably smaller than Vita City, though closer, and it would be a decent place to traverse to, pick up supplies, rest for another night, before making the final trek to the Vivifica Court. However, if they wished to be inconspicuous, Vita City would perhaps be the better choice, where they would easily blend with the diversity which builds up the city.

Where will they settle upon?

------
In the Vivifica Temple
, two things were likely occurring at once: the preparation of departure for Sanctus Heights by several of the mages, and the return of Zion. If Zion landed, many mages would rush to greet her, Tiru in particular curious as to how it went within the council concerning their court and the High Priestess.
--------
Aboard a train inbound for Vita City sat four individuals, with varying motives and backgrounds and each with a common goal: reunite with Zion in Vivifica. Remy sat across from Ronin, boredom setting in as he watched the scenery shift outside of his window. He said little once they'd boarded, and seemed to be up the majority of the night. A dining car just rolled in, which he happily spent coin on to gather some breakfast for his rather famished stomach. It would be several hours before they arrived in Vita City, though hopefully the lot were becoming more acquainted with one another.

------------------

In Sanctus Heights, they awaken to a quiet morning, filled with even more ruin in addition to what they had already lost from the automaton disaster. About a dozen lives were lost in the attack by the Ebon Flame, the dead properly returned to their rightful families who would honor their bodies and give them a proper burial. The infirmary was rigorously cleaned, but many of the patients didn't wish to return to that hall. As a result, they were transferred to the local hospital where they could recover without the scars and trauma of what they experienced the day prior. Kolm insisted that he was fine, and refused the transfer to return home, unless any of the other mages encouraged him to stay, in which case he would oblige.

Diane and Lt. Mastiff did not return to the lieutenant's office at the appointed time, or at any time that day. After Elia remained in the office as Vincent asked questions for the investigation, the inventor/investigator eventually led her home. They would return to find her apartment covered in blood, with furniture scattered about. Needless to say that the young healer opted to follow Vincent back to the cathedral, if permitted, where she would stay under the security of the other court mages.

Meanwhile, Diane and the lieutenant were still in the shop of Elvenwind, where Mastiff was being tended to by the shopkeeper who seemed to know her way around potions (and maybe poisons). Along the way, Mastiff had lost consciousness from his severe loss of blood, though the lengths that the Lich and Miss Hassan went to managed to save his life. The lieutenant stabilized, though did not awaken. The next day they would find that his skin was very pallid and he lied very still. Not near death, but it didn't seem that he would awaken in the near future.

In the Viridian Villa, the bounty hunters were likely gathered around a breakfast table, eating their last meal in Sanctus Heights before booking it out of the capital. Elena was feeling rather ill that morning and remained in bed, though Vaike was accompanying them. He explained that Elena's niece would be coming for her that afternoon, and smuggle the old woman back to her home in Vita City. He did promise some explanations the day before, though he hadn't yet offered them. It would probably be up to the bounty hunters to come out and ask him, if they desired information.

The Grand Cathedral's
assault ended about as abruptly as it had begun. On the first level, Kagura, Everyth, and Shiroo with the aid of Elder Absalom's summons were able to clear out the dread fighters. Shiroo felt partially bad for killing them, though Everyth reassured the mage that it was a necessity. Kagura had saved Absalom's life, though the old man was still not bouncing back from his summoning as he once would have. The man retreated to the infirmary, where he would be tended to until he felt better.

As for the chaos upon the second floor . . . .

The day prior:

The robed man nodded toward Vlad in gratitude as he released his dread fighter, the unconscious man limp as he began to draw him away. "You have my thanks, Shadowmancer," he said quietly. He rose to full height. It was around this time that Anya stated that he wouldn't be going anywhere. He let out a tired sigh, flicking his wrist as flames created a wall before him, preventing the phoenix's talon from approaching him.

"I believe I will be," he informed the woman, "though it pains me that I cannot stay and chat. I am sure that we will have the opportunity in the future, rest assured."

Invidia did shield his eyes as Arun called for the necessity to. Light blasted throughout the hall, seemingly eating away at any shadow that still remained, and would likely hinder any shadows that Invidia tried to forge. It was clever deduction, certainly, though they were all forgetting one very important thing . . . .

The man smiled as he turned his head toward Mako, his shielded eyes falling upon her.

He didn't need the shadows.

"I can see that I've outstayed my welcome," Invidia said, sweeping around with the dread fighter under his arm. "Au revoir, and until next we meet!"

With a wave of his hand, the man became distorted before disappearing entirely, teleporting from the ruined hallway of the grand cathedral and leaving the other mages in his wake.

Last edited:
Jynn Venas and ??? - Vita River, Next Morning

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Xion136 Xion136 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII Thanny Thanny Elrandir Elrandir

Jynn was among the first to wake up, and after a night’s sleep, his mana has been fully restored. He prepares his gun to go hunting for breakfast to feed the caravan after hearing some peacock calls. Mel was awake too, already grazing on some grass for breakfast. The air was chilly, but it wasn’t irritating as it was overnight.

Within the tree above him, a masked figure loaded her gun, and several blades of pure darkness levitate behind her, preparing for an assassination of the heir of Vivifica. She readjusts her feet, however, she managed to snap a twig on the branch, spooking Mel and Jynn. The mage summons his sword, and looks around for the source of the sound. “Who’s there? Show yourself!” Meanwhile, Mel rushes towards the campsite and alerts everyone with a loud neigh.

Upon those words, the figure jumps down and tries to stab him from overhead, but to no avail, Jynn sensed her presence and evaded the attack. The Vivifican mage backs up and raises his sword. “Who are you?!” The figure slowly rises up and pulls the sword out of the ground. She aims her gun at the mage. “Shocking that you have no memory of me. I remember you, very well. You ruined my reputation within the courts, the elders demanded Umbra to place high surveillance on me because of what you did.” She removes the mask, and reveals her face, complete with a huge scar, diagonally crossing above her right eye, over her nose, and below her left eye.

“Morpha.” Jynn points his sword at the Umbra mage. “Because of what I did? I was acting in self defense. You, on the other hand, challenged me to a contest, and you showed poor sportsmanship, and tried to kill me. You shot me in the arm, and got caught by a fellow mage. All of that is your fault, bitch.” This comment angered the Umbra mage, causing her to lash out at him. She grabs a blade and tries to bring it down upon Jynn, but instead, entered a blade lock with the Leviathan. She growls. “I will not lose to a lowly animal like yourself, now make like your family, AND DIE!”

She then knocks Jynn to the ground and reaches for his neck to choke the life out of him. Her grip was incredibly strong, and she uses the power of darkness to try to smother him to sleep. It was a painful few moments, before Jynn finally launches his hand on Morpha’s face, and gets back up on his feet. The Umbra mage is still attempting to cover his eyes, and maintains her hold on his neck.

Jynn finally fights back, he holds his breath and jabs his knee into her stomach, causing her to flinch and weaken her grip, but her hand still remains around his throat. Jynn uses this opportunity to grab her face, and plant her face to the ground, forcing her to release her hand. Jynn finally picks her up, and throws her back onto the ground, creating a fissure in the shape of Morpha’s outline.

Jynn recovers his breath, before looking down to Morpha. “This nonsense must come to an end. Grow the hell up.”

Last edited:
- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral -
They never arrived. Vincent knew that Diane and the lieutenant both were busy. But neither of them came by. As worried as he was for Diane, she was an Umbra Mage and could handle herself. Whatever lead she followed, he trusted her and could not exactly follow her like a puppy. Eventually evening settled, and Vincent decided that it would be best to get everyone home. He escorted Elia to her apartment, only for horror to follow. Of course he allowed Elia to return to the cathedral with him, he was not about to leave her here. They contacted the authorities of the situation, and the two hurried back to the cathedral, where only even more drama seemed to follow like a plague. The place was trashed and covered in even more bodies and blood, with the court mages having to explain the situation to already terrified citizens. Vincent wanted to sleep. He escorted Elia to one of the guest bedrooms and returned to aid in the cleaning up of the Cathedral. By the time he was done with his volunteer work not even a throughout bath could get rid of the stench of the blood from him. By the time he reached the bed he did not remember closing his eyes. He only remember the blur before he passed out.

The next morning Vincent was up and early again, walking out of his room properly dressed, rubbing the back of his neck as he went to check up on Elia. But along the way he began to knock on the doors of the other mages that had stayed the night at the cathedral. "Meeting at the dining hall at breakfast." He spoke, loud and clear after every couple of knocks on each door before moving onto the other. An unofficial meeting at that. They needed to figure out what the actual hell was going on, and move on from there. They had gone their separate ways yesterday, and all had gathered their own information. Albeit it was one thing to keep it a secret for the sake of secrecy...so many deaths and events under such a short time span was nothing to linger about. With that, Vincent walked to the dinning hall for breakfast.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral -
Arun lowered his blade, the glow diminishing as the man was gone. The silence that followed the room was exhausting in itself. Arun could feel his body aching, but he never once mentioned a word about it. Instead he looked around the hall, seeing the mess that has been made. "...he is after the priestess..." He muttered. But she was far away, and safe. His mind was too muddled for any real discussion. He needed to get to work. "We must clear out the rest of the cathedral of any remaining intruders." His attention turned to Soren before turning away. "We can discuss the severity of this later. We must make sure that there are no other people injured." He said, his gaze not there. Distracted. Muddled. Too many thoughts and no way to relay them out. Only be useful. Why would you waste anyone's time with your thoughts? Arun went off to help clear up the cathedral, and aid in the cleaning. He used his earth magic to fix the mess he had made on the walls and floors, and did apologize for the mess. By the time he was done in aid it was early morning. He took a bath, and just collapsed for the night.

The sound of wood against skin echoed in the room, Arun's small body falling to the side.=. He blinked a few times, a surgical mask with a silence seal on the surface over his lips. Sweat dripped down his brow as bruises and welts covered his body. "Focus on the task at hand." He was reminded. To succeed, one had to practice. To practice, one had to give it one's all. To give it one's all, one had to focus. To focus, one had to clear their mind out of everything that was not succession. "Arun." The young child dug his fingers against the bare ground beneath, pushing himself as the mask stifled any cries that could escape him. Once he was on his feet, the master would swing the wooden staff. "Weapons will mean nothing if you cannot be fit to wield them. When your weapons fail you, what will you do, Arun? When there is nothing but your hands, what will you rely on?" He was asked. Arun raised his hands, holding them in position as he took his stance. He was not allowed a weapon. He did not deserve a weapon. He needed to prove that he was worthy of the name he had been given, of the opportunity he had been blessed to. If he were to represent the household as a mage of the court, he would have to prove to the man who he called father that he was worthy of being who he was. The master walked around, Arun following his footsteps. He was not a mage. The court was no family. The court was a power struggle. If he were to survive, he had to earn respect. If were to survive, he would have to become the weapon that they asked. The weapon came down on Arun once more and-

He woke up at Vincent's knock on the door. He stared at the ceiling for a while before sitting up. He moved his hands to his lips, tracing the remnant feeling before getting to his feet. He washed up and got dressed. He fixed his hair and stared at the mirror. He stood in front of it watching himself for a solid minute before the light returned to his eyes. He had work to do. He straightened his back and stepped out of the room. He greeted the servants, and would ask along the way if they needed help with anything. But he specifically would chase after Soren. He knew something about that man, surely? To the reaction that he had to such a name...there must be something.

The taste of blood was unfamiliar until that moment. The pain of the kicks blinded his other senses, although he was sure that he could hear the barking of the dog near him, and the screaming of the woman begging for her husband to stop. It only came to an end when Arkane's mother ran at the man, basically clawing at him for laying a hand on her son. Arkane's father quickly picked up a crying Arkane, wiping off the dirt from him as his wife's fury knew no bounds. "How dare you touch my child?! I should kill you!" "That child is but a monster!" The father managed to push her off him and backed away, pointing over at the barking dog. "The animal skeletons was not enough. Now he tortures my son with his deceased pet?!" He asked. The dog continued to bark, its eyes clouded over and the stench of decomposition eminent, it still even had dirt on his fur. Arkane's father held his son and placed a hand on his wife, who pulled away. "Touch my child again and there will be no body left for us to bury!" "Keep your monster away from my family!" The man turned to the dog, picking up a rock and throwing it at it, the dog missing it and whimpering as he backed away. Arkane's mother picked up her son, holding him close as she tried to calm him down. The father turned to the man. "We apologize, we did not know that he would do this." He explained, bowing his head. "He meant no harm. He has a hard time understanding his powers-" "It is those powers that will become a danger to this town! We respect your work. You have taken care of our dead...but maybe it is for the best for you to keep your interest to just that." He backed away, returning to his family. Arkane's father watched, looking around before turning to his wife and child and walking back home. "How dare he? When his body lands at our table-" "It was a misunderstanding." He spoke, glancing back at the undead dog that was now following them. Arkane cried, wiping away his tears. "I...I just wanted to help...he was so sad...He wanted his doggy back." Arkane cried, sniffling. His mother frowned. "I understand, but we have told you that necromancy is not something that everyone will understand...you cannot go reviving animals. Much less the pets of people." She kissed his head and Arkane leaned against her shoulder. He remembered little after that. He did remember his parents talking to each other. Something about sending a letter to someone in regards to aiding him. But he fell asleep soon after that. The memories only got worse from there.

Arkane opened his eyes, staring at the wall of the tent for a few seconds before he remembered where he was. The tent. They were camping by the river. How long had it been since he looked back upon those times? They were over a decade old. He rubbed his eyes and stretched, yawning as his hair stood messily. He searched for his bag first, picking out his clothes and changing before brushing his hair neatly. He was still thinking of the discussion that his maester and him had the night before. It was quick and to the point, but it did not mean that Arkane was any less thrilled with the scolding. What could he do? Lies and hidden truths...they lead to nothing. It is because of secrecy that they were here in the first place, after all. To find the truth of Vivifica. He looked at himself in the hand mirror and stuck his tongue out at his reflection. He looked decent, but the weather was definitely going to be crap. He hated humid weather. With his hairpin and beloved hairbow in his hair, he picked up his items before taking a peek out the tent. Misty and humid. Just great. He stretched his back as he crawled out, almost like a cat before standing up and glancing around the campsite. He could use some breakfast before another long trip. Was anyone else awake? He swore that he could smell fish around. Would they have to hunt their own food? Well there was a river. He could try to fish...he had never fished before. What a dilemma. He enjoyed the gentle, fresh breeze of the morning before deciding to follow the scent of cooking fish.

Yael fell asleep under the stars by the campfire. Even as the dew of morning damped the earth beneath, he remained blissfully asleep until morning. Early by the rise of dawn Yael was up and going, chasing after his own prey. He took a swim in the river, waking himself up energized, especially after hunting down some fish for himself. He always made sure not to eat the bones and spine, carefully clawing away at the skin with sharpened canines regardless of shape. He remained watching the river and enjoying the morning for a while, his hand playing with some wildflowers that grew by the river's edge. He would carefully place them in the water and watch the current take them away, a calm but thoughtful expression on his eyes. What could he be thinking at this hour? It was when he heard Mel trotting along with Jynn that he had some company in the morning, and the Shapeshifter decided to follow, much like a stray puppy. In the shape of a cat his footsteps never made a sound, following a few feet behind before he could hear the confrontation. He picked up the pace, but he did not intervened. Instead, much like the trickster he was, he watched. He climbed up a tree, walking along a branch to stare down at Jynn and the enemy almost with a glance of pity. There was no kindness in those eyes. At least for a moment as he watched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back