• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, with Everyth on the long trip to Sanctus Heights -

Pali looked at Everyth with a flash of curiosity behind his eyes, uncertain as to what her motives were to invite him to the other side of the coach. He nevertheless accepted, unfolding his hands and resettling next to her. It was his side of the coach to begin with, so she earned back points in terms of favour for an older man's inconvenience.

His face fell at the conversation topic, however, as over the years he grew tired of the tenacious cycle of people seeking out companionship with others in a romantic fashion, most specifically after his own failed union. She started out with a bang which piqued his interest -- so many of the others did indeed seem either unintelligent, overly occupied, or delinquent and overreaching in terms of love. Everyth also made some valid points regarding parenting and how great Lev was, but Pali was not easily sucked into the pitfall of flattery. With every honeyed word, there were barbs, at least in his mind.

"I put women out of my mind for some time, Miss, that is true." He pursed his lips in decision. "Ordinarily, I'm sure, a number of men would step over a sea of caltrops to earn your favour, but"--he placed her hand back into her lap and looked dead-set into her eyes--"I can only refuse. I have outlasted the need for love and human companionship outside of my work and my daughter. Age grants me these boons, and moreover I don't know much if anything about you, so no, I am not interested in you. Kindly return to that boy Arkane and give Mr. Numero Uno this as my regards. It helps with the smell his creatures generate."

He again pulled out his extremely plant-based perfume, this time handing it to her.

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, with Mako and the others at a ranch -

The self-proclaimed fox boy smiled whimsically throughout much of the remainder of the trip, fueled by his talk with the lovely Miss Mako. She was excellent company as they whittled down the minutes just talking, some spent blabbing about their studies and some about minor things outside of the nature of the court. Again, his personal favourite topic with her was enchantment of items, and he felt desirous to start upon enchanting his next piece of artwork. He hoped to speak with her again soon, maybe show her his progress.

Entirely unaware of her sideways glances toward him, though occasionally looking over to her as well, he continued plodding along. Then, he saw it. A horse! Seeing the majesty of this beautiful creature up close was amazing in its own right, and he desired to observe it from every possible horizontal angle in order to sculpt it. Before he could do so, however, a lovely middle-aged woman, seemingly a farmhand or the owner herself. He partially wondered if this was Eirika.

He bowed in casual manner as he heard his name be listed off, and he tossed a toothy smile and a wave in the horse's handler's direction. He did not maintain eye contact with her for very long, though, as he attempted to observe the horse yet again, walking at a reasonable pace in a radial arc to the other side of the horse.

"This'll be a great statuette!" he whispered to himself, taking out a semi-decent lump of soapstone and starting to use his Whittle magic.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, in a pickle with an automaton -

The situation with the automaton completely blindsided Daruk as he looked up expectantly at the creature and it rained destruction down upon the capital. He looked down at the pamphlet he garnered mid-route to the attraction and was certain that this wasn't right.

"Oh well!" he said, tossing the piece of paper. "Stopping this thing'll be just as fun, and messier too! Gwa ha!"

And with a berserkergang that could put a Viking to shame, Daruk leaped forward and bit down on his scarred-over thumbs hard, then streaked the blood across his arms and later his face. A physiological change overtook his eyes, then through his skin, as his fight-or-flight response raised to exceptional levels, with high emphasis on fighting. With this merry charge, he sidestepped the dragon's brought-down foot and attempted a wild slice of a claymore, the wavy edge sizzling with profound heat, and earth magic keeping the blade solid and intact. Whether or not it would cut through the metal encasing the dragon, he had no idea, but he was beyond reasoning at this point.

"Hwa ha ha! Time ta cut 'em legs!" he shrieked with frenzied zeal, trying to move to the next one.

- Henry Heid - The Sun - Stopping a Mechanical dragon in Sanctus Heights -

Well things were going well, Elia was excited, everyone was excited and in awe of the dragon, then some people had to mess with it and activate something that never should have been there in the first place, the automated dragon monstrosity sprung to life with weird arcane powers, green orb eyes and actual strong and dangerous fire from its mouth, like a real dragon...cept made of metal and slow and clunky.

The kids's danger was taken care of when Henry rushed in front of them, luckily the dragon didn't do anything that threatened them, but it was an instinctive action, if there was one thing he hated was dragging innocents into messes...especially kids. He looked at the kids, uttering a single word. "Go." Henry told them, with a tone like that of a worried father looking out for his children. As he turned around to look at the dragon. Cracking his knuckles.
"So its fire and brimstone you want...then its fire and brimstone you'l get..." He muttered as he then vanished in a flash of sunlight, seemingly disappearing as he reappeared near a lightpost, seeing what all the others did to attack it.

"No choice but to take this thing down." He muttered to himself as he analyzed what everyone was doing, if they could take out the legs it'd make their lives infinitely easier, and taking out the main body would be easy afterwards. But the thing needed to be distracted so the others could attack it more freely.

"I will try to draw its attention." Henry said as his eyes began to sparkle with sunlight energy as he began to glow, before combusting into flames as he launched himself forward like a fiery explosive torpedo, aiming to slam to the side the thing's neck with explosive force, exploding in a fiery display of fire and explosive magic, hoping to knock the thing back a bit to grab its attention. Henry would use the fire to dash towards another Light post. Extending his arms as he called out to the creature.

"COME ON!" Henry screamed at the mechanical monstrosity, awaiting its response.

Thanny Thanny Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Richter Vanis - Valley of Magic - Spirit fight -

Well the attack at the spirit #3 was rather succesful, albeit not much as it was still standing, even though it now missed an arm. It didn't stop it from throwing several dark meteors like rocks at them, Richter did the first thing that came to his mind, summoning several summoned swords and spears and launching it at the rocks, it got a few, there were a handful of still dangerous dark rocks coming at them. Richter quickly teleported out of the way of the barrage, hoping Elliot would either dodge or counter attack with his own attack.

It was then Richter was assaulted by Spirit#1 Angry at him for his previous attacks against it, swinging a shadowy scythe at him diagonally, Richter had already expended some thaumaturgy in his earlier actions and was now mostly cooling down, so he attempted to dodge it, he side stepped the attack as best he could maneuvering his body out of the way of the blade, but the blade would slash a bit of his clothes, nothing really dangerous, just the end of his coat. This angered Richter quite a bit as he would use the newfound opening by the dodged swing to coat his hand and forearm in holy magic and slam it into the Spirit's face, attempting to grab it as he'd channel holy magic directly into its body, not only would holy magic possibly make it physicaly able to be touched, but it would burn the spirit. Not to be outdone, Richter summoned a spear in his free hand and attempted to pierce the spirit's chest with it, and pin it to the ground, in an attempt to completely destroy the spirit.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII

- Arno Cross - Sherrif's office - Vita City -

Arno would stay silent as the Sheriff explained the situation about Kiev to them as they handed the man over, the usual thank you for bringing in a dangerous person of interest to them, telling them they did good, they saved lives, but they ran some nasty danger doing it. Literaly most Sheriffs would comment that way Arno could amost speak it word for word, but the Sheriff was mostly to the point, which made him rather glad.

He didn't sit down in one of the chairs, instead standing up, a bit closer than Tibarn would be. And then came the names, usual conduct too. One he was never too against answering. "Arno Cross" He answered her, under his coat collar. Hopefuly it spoke only of his graceful deeds as a bounty hunter, but he had a sinking feeling it wouldn't be so. Then again Arno never did anything too out of the usual conduct of bounty hunters, at least not with his new career anyway.

As for the payment offered he cocked a glance at Gabriel, Tibarn and Saffron for a second before giving his input. "I'd prefer cash, but If my associates prefer in check I'l accept."

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Last edited:
- Arun & Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Dragon Fight -
Arun would look up as Henry barked orders. As he did, Arun seemed to process the possible outcomes and courses of action, as he was always taught to do. Regardless, orders were orders, and he would not fail. Arun would come to a halt as he slid the shield onto the sword. There would be a click of the mechanism, the shield clicking together with the sword. The blades of the sword would separate into pieces as steam would hiss out from them, turning around as they would continue to form a hilt all the way up to the shield, and expanding downwards into a longer frame. Now in it's battle-axe shape, Arun spun the scythe and slammed the end against the ground. Upon contact there would be a glow between the cobblestones. His eyes would gleam as the rumble of the earth followed his wake. He dashed towards the dragon, watching it's movements. He would dash towards the back legs, his scythe being lifted and swung upwards as the earth would take shape. The earth would shift in an attempt to grasp at the legs and pull them underneath the ground itself to trap them, restricting the movement further as tasked. But would that be enough, he wondered.

Vincent was holding onto the dragon as he heard the orders. "I am working on it! We have to leave it unable to move! Tear if apart! A machine will be a machine! Without its parts, it will be useless!...I hope." He would whisper that last part as he looked down at his satchel. He smirked, tipping his hat. "I have a few of them." He spun his scythe and would try and smack it around before jumping off the dragon. He did not wish to risk getting thrown off. Instead he went with a different tactic; distraction. The mechanic would merely smirk, the sound of steam releasing as the grappling hooks would shoot out and grasp at the walls of a building, feet landing on it as he ran across and then jumped right off from it. He would throw a few explosives towards the creature before attempting to land a hit on the head, using the fall to add power to his attack.

Last edited:
LUKA RABBI- SOMNUM-RANCH
Luka tiredly looked towards Nero. “It...certainly wouldn’t hurt. At least not as much as it does right now.” She pulled the blanked around her tight. She seemed cold. “Untested fields of magic are very dangerous... i appreciate you noticing, and your concern.” She keeps using the staff as a walking stick.
As the Somnum mages grew close to the ranch and within reach of the horses, Luka took several steps away from the horse named Genesis. As if distancing herself between it and her.

AQUILLA-IGNIS- DRAGON FIGHT
Aquilla’s eyes widened as the automaton came to life. Immediatly she drew her blade and whispered “coldsnap” causing it to grow a few inches longer. She then heard the words of her allies and swiftly moved in close. She stole some of the flames the creation let loose using it to fuel her own magic. “Burn free! Boiling Blood!” She exclaimed using her magic to create a resistance to flame. She nearly stumbled from the large drain on her mana.

SAFFRON- VITA CITY- TURN IN
“Jasmine...” Saffron lied. Her answer seemed to be a common one for her making it a bit more beleivable. “Id prefer Cash as well.” She waited quietly

ISABELLE- UMBRA- THE RIDE
Isabelle was quiet for the rest of the ride as she appeared to have put herself into deep thought. She slowly rubbed her hand where her wound once was as her curiosity piqued about the other mages in her troupe. She tended to me keep to herself so she didnt know them very well, but something about them intrested her, ESPECIALLY Eclaire. Her judgment in combat was unusual.

Last edited:
Zion - Vivifica - Done with this Train Station

Zion just. Stared. She just stared at them all, utterly done with this crap. But, despite her want to sprout wings and just start blowing things up, the altruistic Archmagus extended her hands. "Normally I'd only allow my wife to do this, but for the sake of peace and not becoming violent - you get a single pass." She growled at them, eyes gleaming.

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - with his Court on the road

The dancer had made sure to heal everyone, finally collapsing and panting. Taking the time to rest and recover, Kaga would follow everyone else down the path, staying close to Nero as always. The dancer didn't forget to bow in response to Mallek, either! Always proper and respectful. On the other side of his professor, opposite Jari, Kaga gently took her hand for comfort. Never having been this far from home before, the Water Dancer was...nervous....and wanted Kaguya. But...no Kaguya. Nero would have to bear with the kid.

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Umbra Caravan

Eclaire landed, still holding Feynne. She shook her head. "It's ok, Eleanor." She said softly. "...let's go." Beckoning, she took Feynne's hand and led the two back to their carriage, helping the girl in, then Eleanor. She'd be the last one in, not bothering to worry about anyone else. She was a bit tired and hungry actually...and so, she leaned over and gently hugged Feynne against her, to keep her safe. "You're safe now." She said softly.

–Valley of Magic–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

A sizzling sound could be heard as a portion of spirit #2's torso dissolved in a puff of black smoke, dissipating from Valery's blast of light magic. It let out a screech, reaching toward Vallery's face and attempting to claw at it. How it still managed to function with a gaping hole on the side of its torso remained a wonder to several of the Vivifica mages. It then hissed, its mouth gaping open and allowing the green nauseous gas to permeate the air once more. If inhaled, it would inflict poison, confusion, and temporary blindness. Valery would be able to hear Aislinn cough nearby. Apparently the maestra was not quick enough to abstain from getting a dose of this status affliction.

"Valery." It came out in a weak voice, before a spear came charging straight for Valery's chest from behind. If sight were still possible for Valery, she would find that Aislinn's eyes had turned completely black, her skin an unearthly shade of white as she clearly couldn't discern friend from foe.

Spirits #1 and 3 were fixated on Richter, who seemed to be able to provide the two plenty of attention on his own. While Richter was engaging Spirit #1, Spirit #3 charged. an orb of dark magic growing in her remaining hand. It flashed and sparkled with a menacing aura, before she attempted to slam it from behind into Richter's chest. It was pure unholy darkness, with corruptive abilities and the possibility to devour one's very flesh. She then wove together a battle axe out of the shadows, swinging it in an arch to the back of Richter's head.

The blast in the face struck Spirit #1 hard, however. It tried to let out a screech, but instead the sounds only came as a muffled groan. The holy spear to the chest, however, was the final straw. The light pulsated through the spirit's body, igniting from the inside out before it was reduced to mere particles in the air.

–Eirika's Ranch–
Elrandir Elrandir , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136 , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The blue-haired woman offered the Somnum maestra a swift bow. "Oh, heavens me! My horse was offending a court mage!" She brushed the dirt from her pants the best she could, before turning to face Laguna. "My deepest apologies, Archmagus. I am certain that my horse meant no harm, but if you seek retribution I am sure that we can accommodate." Fear seemed to creep over her face momentarily, before turning timidly back to Professor Nero.

"I would be this Eirika that you speak of," she said. "It is with deep honor that I make your acquaintance, Maestra Thea Nero, and the rest of you fine lords and ladies. It would be a pleasure to make arrangements to get you comfortably to Sanctus Heights." The woman, Eirika, turned, pointing in the direction that the mages were already heading. "The ranch and stables are just around the bend. I would happily lead you, though you cannot miss it."

The woman would then lead the Somnum mages to the ranch, thankfully without the disturbance of any further horses. Genesis kept up with them on the other side of her fence, seemingly taking a fondness for Laguna. Perhaps the mare had gotten a peek at Laguna's face and saw a kindred spirit, or perhaps she just wanted to continue grazing on their garments. Either way, Laguna had a new friend.

The ranch expansive, with living quarters off to the side and a center ring filled with a half-dozen horses. These looked exceptionally well-groomed, as though they were for some kind of sport, each saddled and seemingly ready to leave the premises. Eirika scurried the mages into her kitchen, which was disorganized but well maintained. There she provided them with whatever food provisions that she had, assuming that they must be famished from their trip, before preparing to leave them there.

"I will get my ranch hand, Incarose, to help in preparing your carriages while you rest and relax," Eirika informed them. "Please, do make yourselves at home and help yourself to anything that I have available. It should only be about thirty minutes before we have two carriages ready to go. Each houses about four, so that should easily accommodate your number with leftover space."

With that, Eirika left them in the kitchen, with a table full of food and each other for company. Mellark stifled a yawn, pouring himself a glass of milk and swishing it around in its glass. "I would just like to close my eyes," he murmured, taking a sip of the sweet milk through half-closed lids. His eyes did close momentarily as he savored the flavor. "By the gods, never have I tasted anything so sweet and refreshing! This milk is divine!"

–Sanctus Heights: Central Square–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Thanny Thanny , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

The earth that Arun rose flew into the automaton dragon's massive metallic body, most simply letting off a loud clang before falling to the ground. A few left dents, however, mostly at its right torso. The dragon seemed unfazed when Vincent landed on its head, continuing to eye the mages with curiosity as it drew forward, its footsteps loud and heavy upon the cobblestone bricks. Its tail lashed, sending a lamppost to the ground and smashing an unoccupied carriage. The carriage was then flung to the side, making its way toward Aquilla and Soren.

The bullet shot forth by Lev cracked the covering of the eye, but did not succeed in piercing through its protective shell. The automaton was made of hearty stuff, that is for certain. This shot, however, attracted the automaton's attention on Lev, moving toward her at its admittedly sluggish speed, its machinery chugging as it went through the motions. It opened its mouth wide and began to cast out fire, starting at one point and rotating to blast it in a line of 15 feet.

While it spat fire, Daruk took his claymore to the hefty beast's hindleg. The heat and sheer impact of the blade did begin to permeate through the metal, but in its wake a scorch mark was present, a small thin opening in the metal barely visible within. It was not enough to effect its movement, or at least not yet.

The impact of Henry to the neck gave the dragon pause. Smoke began to emit from the neck where the explosion occurred, the metal along its neck slightly uneven and scorched. Its head did a rotation too many as it turned, green lights blinking as it eyed Henry and his taunt. As if in answer, it began to approach the Sun of Ignis, its wings beating rapidly at its sides, which both fed the flames and spread them. Its tail flickered around, likely beating against Daruk as he attempted to take more whacks at its legs. It shot a blast of fire toward Henry, igniting more shrubs in addition to a building. People within screamed, and a few unfortunate souls wandered out, their lives taken quickly by the rapid flames blowing into their face.

Its attention now on Henry, the dragon seemed none the wiser to Aquilla, Vincent, and Arun. Arun's maneuver with the earth was indeed enough to encapsulate the automaton's back legs, especially as it made no effort to move them while spitting flames into Henry's face. Whether this would last remained to be seen, but for now the dragon was stationary. His tail was continuing to whip around, however, making anyone within the vicinity (chiefly Daruk and Arun) prone to being smack around by thick, heavy metal, it being enough to render a normal person unconscious if hit in the head.

The explosives went off around the dragon, Henry, and the building, destroying half the building as bodies–likely corpses–fell from within and into the flames. The flames around the square only magnified, spreading further into Sanctus Heights and now leaving the square behind. Vincent's attack to the head caused its mouth to shut, the dent causing severe damage to the center of its head. It shook its head ferociously as its eye malfunctioned, blinking repeatedly before it flung its head violently backward, planning to eject Vincent with it.

–Grand Cathedral: The Prison–
Xion136 Xion136 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

The security guards said nothing as Jynn recollected something beside the pond, nor when Zion reluctantly put up with imprisonment. The three were lead silently into a carriage which moved them along to the Grand Cathedral. Along the way they would see thick smoke outside their window, and once they arrived security was immediately informed of a fire and several troops with rifles were rushing in the direction of Central Square. The security guards which held Jynn, Zion, and the thief, however, were unmoved, instead being granted clearance into the Grand Cathedral and moving toward the basement, chiefly the prison cells which were housed there.

The Grand Cathedral was true to its name: in that it was grand. Upon entering one could see the dome-shaped ceiling fifty-feet above, with open staircases and hallways visible from the ground floor. Before them was a stained glass image of presumed deities, a woman, presumably the first High Priestess, staving off wraiths that attacked from the shadows. They were lead along a hall and down several flights of stairs, where they would find the prison cells.

The three would be locked up together, in a cell no larger than 20'x30'. It was spacious, for a cell, but not particularly pleasant. A lavatory and two beds were present, though thankfully there were no signs of rats, pests, or filth. Once the security guards were gone and the three were left alone, the thief sat silently in a corner, his gaze following the metal bars and hoping that the Vivifica mages would forget that he were there.

( Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , if you wish to insert Ronin the Shade into this scene, he would indeed be welcome)

–Umbra Caravan, en route to Sanctus Heights–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136 , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Everyth's eyes widened at Pali's rejection, her lips shifting to their all-too-usual pout. It wasn't that she was a stranger to rejection; after all, half of the Umbra males had already turned her away, and she wasn't yet ready to move on to the Umbra females. However, each time it was like a slap in the face, and she couldn't help but display her disappointment.

"Very well," Everyth murmured, snatching the bottle and placing it in her top, without a care for the inappropriateness of said action. "I will be your courier, but just this once, Mister Noirtier." At their nearest rest stop she wasted no time in leaving the carriage, without so much as glancing once more at the necromancer.

Let him be alone and rot, for all I care, she thought dully to herself, returning to Arkane's carriage once more and whipping the door open. For a moment Everyth watched, surprised, as Arkane seemed to keep his pet company. He seemed kind enough to the wretched thing, which surprised her after she'd seen his display of uncouth behavior toward herself earlier. She removed the bottle where it was kept and handed it to Arkane casually.

"This is from Pali Noirtier, and don't you dare spray it on me. It is for the bodies, you see, and perhaps that pet of yours that you"–she gave it a closer look, tilting her head and cocking an eyebrow–"well, I must admit that it is rather cute. Does it have a name?"

Meanwhile, Fyenne willingly accepted Eclaire's embrace, not wishing to leave the young woman's side after having freed her.

"I owe you my life," the young girl said. "From now until my death, I will forever serve you, indebted to you always." During the ride, however, the young girl grew feverish, leaning into the rose-haired woman and murmuring a name over and over again: Rowena. It would be safe to assume that Fyenne, being an untrained mage, expended a great amount of mana back on the battlefield, more than she was accustomed or could possibly manage without repercussion.

In Gerik's carriage, the bandit visibly swallowed hard at the maester's words. "Vaan," he answered, voice low. "My name is Vaan, Mister Lockford. I would say it is a pleasure meeting you, but given the circumstances I think we can both agree that each other's presence isn't particularly pleasurable, is it?" Maybe Vaan was just speaking for himself, but surely the Ebon Flame didn't precisely align with an average day of tea and crumpets for the maester of the Umbra Court.

For a moment the blond mage, Micah, watched Gerik in confusion, before the sudden realization dawned on him that he should be writing. Consulting his pack of immediate necessities, he grabbed a notebook and pen, the smooth ballpoint silent upon the parchment, not interrupting the two as they conversed.

"With proper respect, Mister Lockford, I think the matter of 'how' we chose to attack you would be pretty self-explanatory: we knew that you would be traveling to the main continent on this day, thus we decided to prepare an ambush. We were promised riches from the Master, along with whatever else we managed to pawn off of your mages." He leaned in, offering the maester a cocksure smile. "We do as we are told. As for the Master, well . . . . " Vaan sat back in his seat, rubbing his chin. "Have you ever met someone who you felt should have horns? No one in the Ebon Flame has ever seen his face, and he always has us doing . . . eclectic errands, to be sure. But 'all must come to pass,' or so he says, and thus we have no choice but to do his crazy assignments if we want to get paid."

He threw his arms up behind his head. "So, that good enough for you, Mister Lockford? Wish I could have more to give you, but I'm about in the dark as much as you are. A job is just a job to me, and hey, if you're hiring that's even better! I could live working for the maester of the Umbra Court."

–Vita City–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The others were handing out their names, so Tibarn thought it would be inappropriate if he held back. He pretended to be unfazed by Saffron's false name, but internally he wondered what sort of mischief or bad deeds were held to the metal mage's true name. "Tibarn Wu," he responded, changing his last name in case the woman were intending a background check.

A smile lit the redhead sheriff's face as she rose from her desk, walking around to the other side to personally shake Arno and Saff's hands. "Well, Arno, Jasmine, it is a pleasure to meet you. You are our heroes of our city. If you would permit it, I would very much like to take your photo for a headline in our weekly paper. You four exhibited much bravery, and for that we truly must extend our gratitude."

She left the four of them there, and when she returned it was with a pouch of their earnings: 500 electrum, and 1000 gold pieces! Certainly quite the bounty, and something that the four could live off of for months.

Whether they decided to accept the photo, afterward Tibarn would extend one of Kiev's train tickets to Saffron.

"I noticed that you expressed an interest in these back there," he told her. "I don't know your story, nor am I asking for it, but I think you've earned this. Thanks for helping us back there, Saffron–or, at least that is what Kiev seemed bent on calling you. Maybe it was just a pet name." Tibarn shrugged. "Either way, we've got a train to catch, but hope we run into you again at some point."

His hit landed, but not without consequences. The beast tried to fling him around wildly. Vincent would dig his hooks onto the surface of the dragon's head, working to remain there as his hands would be holding onto the metal ropes and hooks that kept him from being flung off. The creator of the automaton had great work ethic. They created it sturdy to withstand the forces of nature and weather that could threaten to destroy the piece. Not to mention that it was made water tight to avoid rain from messing with the insides...Vincent had his work cut out for. He knew that he had to hurry. The flailing of the beast's head was wild and rough, and Vincent had a hard time keeping on. His hooks would not last forever. Vincent would take out one of his explosive concoctions, removing the safe lock from it before shaking it. As the dragon swung its head back, Vincent would unhook himself and used the momentum to run up the dragon's snout and jumping right up in the air above it. As he felt the wild air against his face, Sanctus Heights burning as people ran and screamed for help, he would stare down at the beast before throwing the explosive at it. If the dragon's mouth was open, he would aim for its mouth to attempt to have the explosive go off from the inside. If not, it would be aimed at its head in general for a damaging and distracting explosion. As Vincent fell back down, he would shoot out his hooks to one of the burning buildings, swinging his way towards it before practically, and unwillingly, crashing right through the weakened wall. He did not expect for the wall to give in, that much was certain. But with the explosions, the fire, the fight, the building had little to no chance left.

Arun would look around, watching the city burn as ashes mixed with what would appear to be burnt body parts of dead civilians. For a moment he panicked, his heart racing as his eyes widened. What could they do? They had to watch over the beast, to take it down. What else could they do? To avoid death and casualties? It was a single moment that his mind went blank before he came back to reality, all a second too late. The swinging tail came right at him, and he could only raise his shield and a few pieces of earth in an attempt to protect himself. It was futile, the strength of the swing mixed with its build would hit Arun hard enough to send him flying. He skidded on the floor for a moment before crashing right into a nearby building, through one wall, then a second one before stopping at a third one behind the building. Running civilians would either run away or watch in surprise as the mage had created a crater like mark on the pavement. Arun lifted his head, using his battle axe to push himself to stand. He took a deep breath, before exhaling. Patience. Focus. He gripped his battle axe and focused his magic on it. He was not an expert on fire magic. There was only so much he could do with it. But he knew enough. He focused fire magic into it, the magic adjusted weapon slowly heating up to the point it began to glow, steam lifting off from it. He turned his head to the civilians, who would see his blue eyes mixing with a golden hue. "Go. Seek safety away from here." Was all he said. He used his earth magic to push himself from where he stood and dashed away, back to the frey. He dashed out of the building, practically skating across as he aimed for the tail. He lifted up pieces of earth as he skated by, sending up spikes of cobblestone and earth to it's front legs. A piece of earth would then send him flying towards the beast and it's tail. He aimed his axe at the dragon's tail, aiming to cut it in half with his burning weapon should he succeed.

Vincent coughed as he found himself rolling on the wooden door, fire burning the place to ash. He would cover his head as part of the roof caved in, quickly getting on his feet. He walked across the smoke and to the opening he had made, watching the fight from the second floor of the building. He took out his scythe, pulling on pieces as he moved it around. Steam would hiss as loud clicks followed, Vincent bending it, flipping it, adding, and taking. Before long he had a long distance rifle, one of Chimera's many forms. He raised the weapon upwards as he loaded up explosive bullets into it. He peeked in through the glass, aiming with a crosshair at the dragon once more. He aimed at its eye and shot at it, hoping it did explosive damage if they landed right.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - En route to Sanctus Heights -
Arkane did not expect Everyth, but he did not push her away either. After the fight he was truly too tired to complain. When given the bottle, there would be a gleam in his eyes, setting his pencil and journal down to take it in his hands. "Oh I am being spoiled today." He joked, holding the bottle close. He turned to the undead dog, spraying it as the dog would wag it's tail happily. He sprayed himself a bit and would get the bottle away and seemed to resume his sketching when he was asked about the dog. "His name is Hector." He spoke. "It appeared to be killed by coyotes when I found him, the poor thing. Therefore I brought him with me. Animals, unlike humans, are naturally innocent of sin. They merely follow instincts. I wish they could live forever." He cooed, the dog's curled tail wagging happily as he would look up at Everyth. Arkane returned to his journal, offering Everyth a bit of a sly smile. "Maybe when we meet with the rest of the courts, you could attempt to take a liking to Lev. Maybe Pali would change his mind seeing Lev taking a liking to you." He teased, glancing down in a bit of thought. Pali was certainly unique. Arkane had heard of Lev more than once, and he was sure he met the girl once. But he did admire Pali and his work...and Pali in general. He was nice enough to pity him and spare time from time to time to his own existence and that of the court when he was not busy. I-It was not like he liked him or anything, b-baka!

- Incarose Vassar - Eirika's Ranch -

It had been some weeks, or perhaps months, since Incarose had been working for Eirika, the owner of the ranch, it also had been months since the last outburst. It had been nice being on the same place for more than a few days, that was for sure. Incarose was currently sitting below a tree on a hill close to the ranch, she often spend time alone there, alone to forget her problems, to rest, or just to watch the sea. She had finished her work early, just like almost every day, just to go to that hill and wait until sunset to go back and return the cattle to their respective places. The moment Incarose regained her focus she instantly noticed the huge wolf sitting in front of her, staring at her.

"Eirika is looking for you. Apparently, the Maestra of Somnum and her entourage had a need for carriages."

Incarose stared at the wolf as she tilted her head to the side. It was speaking, but there was no indication of how it was doing it. This confused Incarose, mostly because she was not fully aware of her surroundings.

"E-excuse me?" She said confusedly.

"I will devour you in the beginning of the end, Unconquered Sun," Said the femenine voice of the wolf, "And when I do, darkness will take hold of the earth."

The red haired woman slowly stood up, her eyes never leaving the wolf. Something felt wrong about the situation, but she couldn't remember what it was. Incarose's eyes looked at both sides, completely avoiding the wolf's gaze, in an attempt to find a way to escape such a huge beast.

"Escaping is pointless. My brother and I will find you and the Priestess of the Moonlight and the End of Days will arrive."

"Never! I will not let you do that! I will protect the Priestess and I will stop you and whoever your brother is, you evil creature! Fall before my sword!" Incarose yelled.

Incarose looked for her sword but it was nowhere to be found. Instead she once more looked at the wolf and was surprised when, instead of one, there were now two of them, one black as the night and the other white as snow. The situation looked bad, she was not going to be able to save the Priestess and...and...was someone laughing? She could hear someone laughing somewhere. How could someone be laughing when the end of the world was this close to be unleashed?!

"Really, Rose? Really? YOU will protect the Priestess of the Moonlight?" the same female voice said, "You should be helping Eirika get those carriages ready for the court mages. This could prove to be a nice oportunity to make some business with the Maestra of a court."

It took a moment but Incarose finally found the source of the voice, it was above her. She was about to look up but at that moment a figure landed in front of her. It was a woman in hunter garbs, white hair, tanned skin, piercing red eyes. It took a few seconds to finally remember who this person was, and when Incarose finally remembered she stuck her tongue out towards this woman.

"Ha ha ha, very funny, Rabs." Incarose said.

"Hey, it's not my fault that you were daydreaming in the middle of nowhere. It was very hard to avoid the temptation of playing a trick on you." Rabs said, "You should blame Skoll and Hati for following along with the plan."

"Hmph! Don't worry, I will have my revenge. Anyways, what was that about Eirika and court mages?" Incarose asked.

"The Maestra of Somnum, Professor Thea Nero, and her entourage want to rent some carriages to make their way towards Sanctus Heights. Come, I'll tell you the details while we walk back. Skoll, Hati, tell Eirika we found Incarose and I am taking her back."

Both wolves immediately rose and, once the order was given, they made their way back to the ranch. Rabs and Incarose then began their trip back to the ranch. Having mages close always made Incarose feel nervous. Her trust in mages had been lost many years ago, so she avoided them most of the time, only interacting with them when absolutely necessary. It looked like this was one of those times.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum: Eirika's Ranch -

Nero blinked at the sudden change in the woman's behavior, she looked a little fightened, which Nero would do her best to change.

"Retribution will not be necessary, Miss Eirika, so, please, do not worry about it. Your horse is in no trouble, or you, for that matter," she said calmly, offering the woman a gentle smile, "and it will be an honor to make your acquaintance as well. Please, show us the way."

The Maestra waved at her mages to signaled at her mages to follow the owner of the ranch, and for a moment she kept looking at Genesis and how she kept following Laguna, Jari's excitement for making a statuette of the horse made her smile. She could feel the hand of Kagura holding hers. She knew that the dancer was a little nervous for being so far from home at the moment, and so she didn't mind when Kagura held her hand. She stayed behind the group, mostly staying next to Luka in case she needed help walking.

"I do agree that untested fields of magic are dangerous, and more often than not they could prove to be fatal, but never feel the necessity of working alone while trying to unravel the mysteries of these new fields, Miss Rabbi, there alway be someone around who will be willing to help. Even I could offer my assistance from time to time." Nero said to Luka, "And no thanks are needed for noticing that you are not feeling well. The well being of my mages, and people in general, has always been one of my top priorities."

Nero continued to talk and walk alongside Luka, Kagura at her side, until all of them reached the kitchen of the ranch, it was a little disorganized but well maintained. Eirika offered some food provisions she had and Nero put a decent amount of gold coins on her table to pay for the food and drink. Eirika then said she was going to get her ranch hand to help prepare the carriages while they rested in the kitchen, it would take around 30 minutes for the carriages to be ready, two of them, and each one could house four people. Eirika then left and the mages were left in the kitchen to relax. Mellark was the first one to take a glass of milk and, apparently, it was the most delicious milk he ever tasted.

"If that is the case, then it seems that Eirika takes good care of her cows, she must give them a lot of love and care," Nero said as she also had a glass of milk, "Oh my, this milk is indeed delicious."

The Professor put her suitcase on one of the shelves as she took her pocketwatch to look at it for a moment. The peaceful atmosphere made the minutes quickly fly by, and before anyone realized, the time was up. A red haired woman peeked through the door, looking around for the most important looking person of the group, her eyes stopped at Nero in the end.

"Excuse me? Maestra Nero? I'm Incarose Vassar, Eirika's ranch hand, I was told to inform you that your carriages are ready for when you and your entourage are ready to leave for Sanctus Heights." Incarose said timidly.

Nero stared at the young redhead for a moment, she could feel it, she had potential, but then why wasn't she...she closed her pocketwatch and nodded at Incarose.

"Thank you for telling us, Miss Vassar. We will be ready to leave in just a few more minutes," She said as she looked at the group of mages, "it seems that it is time to leave. We do not want to be late to the meeting. Make sure that you do not forget any of your belongings. I will be waiting outside."

The Maestra stood up and turned around to look at the door, Incarose was gone, she then left the kitchen. Two carriages were waiting outside, both with a couple of horses attached to them. She could also see a couple of huge wolves near the carriages. Her first instinct was to warn the others for danger, but then she saw Incarose come out from behind the carriage and pet one of the wolves, she was followed by another slightly older woman.

"If I wasn't so generous I would have my revenge on the three of you. But your master has bribed me with candy, and it was very effective." Incarose said as she petted both wolves.

"Yeah yeah, I cheated to escape punishment. Whatever you say, Rose." Rabs said as she looked away, finally taking notice of Nero.

"My mages will be here shortly, Miss Vassar. I just need to pay Miss Eirika for her service and we will be ready to leave." Nero said as she turned to look at Rabs, "Good day, my name is Thea Nero, Maestra of Somnum, it is a pleasure, Miss. . .?

"Mylis. Iseult Mylis, Maestra Of Somnum." Rabs said calmly.

Nero tilted her head, there was something about this woman that made her feel strange. Some kind of feeling deep inside her chest.

"Me and Rabs will be taking you to Sancus Heights, Maestra, but let me go and get Miss Eirika so you can talk to her." Incarose quickly turned around and went to look for Eirika.

Both Nero and Iseult were looking at each other, both remaining silent. Nero kept thinking about the strange feeling she had while Iseult was wondering if her friend would be alright while being around so many mages at once. Both Skoll and Hati sat at both sides of Iseult, waiting.

Jynn, Vivifica - Sanctus Heights

Clearly security did not care for Jynn’s proposition, nor did they take his gun. But as soon as they reach the cell, Jynn sits on one of the beds. He did not care for the thief’s presence, but was not going to try to stop Zion from doing anything to him. Jynn simply sits in a crisscross and places his hands on his knees. He starts to meditate, trying to see if he can recall some more of his lost childhood memories.

Lev Noirtier, Ignis - Sanctus Heights vs the dragon

Lev’s shot only managed to crack the outer layer of the beast’s eye. It then starts to chase her and spit fire, but she quickly moved out of the way. The dragon was then interrupted by Daruk’s swing at its hind legs, and Henry attacks its neck. Lev withdraws her gun and runs to the tail, holding onto it. When she gets on her feet, she digs her sword in its tail, and she began to run up its spine with the sword doing the cutting. She then hops off as soon as she reaches its shoulders.

- Ronin of the Shade, One of Many Names, Unaffiliated - Sanctus Heights -

After the Itika-laced dust from the Sanctus Heights Train Disaster had settled, two Vivifica Mages and a petty thief were placed under arrest by the local authorities, to the witness of many members of the public, be it survivors from the Train or bystanders or through word of mouth after so many people had caught eye of this turn of events, which by itself would stir dissent against the rogue Court, whether they were involved or not didn't matter nor did their true intentions. At this point, some were already whispering "Terrorism", but never outright speaking it.

Everything could easily spiral out of control if at least something wasn't done. There were still those who spoke against the dissenters, citing prejudice against Vivifica or Mages as a whole for immediately suggesting that the authorities were right in arresting them, or questioning if the arrest was for something more minor, that could've been waved off, but instead, the police elected to implicate them and arrest them. Needless to say, there was a lot of buzz and currently, no real right or wrong answer for the public. However, at least one person was convinced he had the right answer and more than anyone else, fully intended to do something about it.

Having been present on the train car at the time of the disaster, but too far away to do anything about it at the time, a mysterious hooded figure would shadow the security guards escorting Jynn and Zion away, following them in secret to their building, then, would make a plan to enter the building and locate the imprisoned Vivifica Mages. Entering the building through one of its smaller, open windows, The Ronin was able to shimmy inside and quickly make his way, out of sight and out of mind, toward the hallway Zion and Jynn had just been lead through. Ronin assumed it was indeed this corridor for the security guards he had seen before were just leaving, sans the Vivifica Mages. Keeping to the shadows and his steps light and quiet, Ronin slipped past the departing guards and walked casually down the hall for a few steps, noting the lack of other guards present.

Then, once he reached the stairs, Ronin would vault over each stair's banister in quick succession for the sake of brevity, reaching the prison cells in short order. Even down here, Ronin couldn't see any more guards, so he walked through the corridor ahead, peering into every cell he walked past. It took him some time, but while walking, Ronin noticed a weakness in a nearby wall, a hole that when he peered through it, revealed the outside world. This would be their ticket out of there, an exploitation of this ancient structure's failings. As he made his way toward Jynn and Zion's cell, one prisoner tried lashing out at him with a vengeance through the cell bars. Without even paying a glance, Ronin grappled the man's collar and slammed his head toward Ronin, into the aforementioned bars, knocking him out cold and soon, he came across the shared cell, seeing the mages he was looking for, along with the cowering thief.

"You two. You're the mages from the Train Disaster, yes? Jynn and Zion?" The Ronin quietly spoke, keeping an eye on his surroundings just in case a guard showed up unexpectedly.

- Soren Monroe, Fractured Bulwark, Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Steel Dragon Battle -

All was well in Sanctus Heights for Ignis one moment, the next, a mechanical dragon suddenly roars to life beyond its specifications and attacks the city, endangering thousands of innocent lives with reckless abandon. An angered Soren drew his Blade of Cinder, the greatsword soon was wreathed in azure flames as Soren's yellow-orange-red eyes began to slightly glow. Amidst the mechanical monster's thrashing, an unoccupied carriage was hurled in Soren and Aquilla's direction. Standing in front of Aquilla, Soren reached out with telekinesis and hurled the carriage off-course to his side to harmlessly smash into a sturdy building. Rolling his shoulders, Soren readied himself.

"Wretched automaton, you will harm no more innocents! Yield! Or feel the wrath of Ignis's Bulwark!" The Steel Dragon had to be halted, but even with its heavy metallic frame, the Dragon was too mobile. Intensifying the heat on his sword, Soren charged forward, leading into several, hard slashes toward its left leg, carving at the Dragon's thigh and slicing at its calves, then attempting to bend loose panels with telekinesis to worsen the damage and potentially expose a weakness.

- Elliot Luxmore, Merciless Protector, Vivifica - Valley of Magic, Dark Spirit Battle -

A malevolent spirit had attempted to lunge at Elliot, its darkened void in its hand would've sucked Elliot dry, his soul to be lost, had Richter not intervened and relieved the spirit of its hand and garnered the attention of two. To repay his comrade, Elliot decided to attack Spirit #3, which was charging a truly dark attack behind Richter, one that would heavily corrupt Richter if it didn't outright kill him or seriously wound him. Replacing his Greatsword with a Spear, Elliot charged it with holy Light and tossed it at the Spirit's Dark Orb, to destroy it, or at least dispel the orb, before bashing it in the face with a jumping shield bash from a smaller, Light-blessed Shield in place of his Greatshield, which would also block the axe swing, then would bring his arm back for a backhanded shield bash across the Spirit's chin, then would bring his free hand up in a smooth, unbroken motion, charging Light and firing off a concentrated, searing beam of Light energy at Spirit #3 to finish off his combination attack.

Suddenly, Valery was attacked by their own Maestra, who was clearly delirious. Reasoning with her would take too long, Elliot would rationalize in a cold instant, as he spun around and tossed his shield like a Frisbee at Aislinn, aiming for the back of her head to knock her unconscious, or at least out of her stupor, to protect Valery.

- Laguna, The Maelstrom, Somnum - Eirika's Ranch, With Newfound Horse Friend, Genesis -

Laguna was quite surprised to have garnered the attention of a nearby Horse, named Genesis, especially with their garments being the point of interest. Laguna simply chuckled in their modulated voice, petting Genesis gladly. "I really don't mind. How are you then, Genesis? Hmm?" Laguna spoke in an amused, friendly tone, scratching the Horse behind their ear. Genesis was a persistent one however, for they were now keeping pace with the Somnum Mages behind her fence, keeping an eye on the faceless Laguna, or perhaps their garments, who knew?

Laguna then felt a little...cheeky. "Well, if you're so interested..." Turning to face Genesis and ensuring no one else was present, they leaned close and moved their mask just a tad, giving Genesis a look at their face. Genesis would see Laguna wink before they covered their face completely once more.

"Our secret, Genesis." Laguna uttered with another stroking of Genesis, before entering the Ranch with everyone else, mask secure, Garments mostly unscathed and a bit of cheeky happiness as they sat down at the table with the others.

- Eleanor Le Doux, Fierce Shadow, Umbra - Carriages of Umbra, After the Bandit Attack -

Eleanor wordlessly accepted Eclaire's aid in entering their carriage, still sitting opposite her as the weak slave girl, Fyenne, cuddled Eclaire for safety, muttering a name to herself as the carriage got moving. The Shadow of Umbra couldn't help but still feel a tinge of shame for having demonstrated her darker side so early on after meeting Eclaire, her armour having dismissed itself by this point and she had recovered her second blade moments before getting on the carriage, the blood of the bandits they slew was still staining them as they were laid to Eleanor's side. Inside, Eleanor could still feel the grip of the feral darkness that took over on her soul, but every time she looked at Eclaire, she felt it loosen, so she spoke up.

"I'm still really sorry for what happened earlier, Eclaire... It usually takes a lot for me to, to lose it like that. People I care about being put in danger, you know..." She then blushed, looking away. "I-I, *ahem*, yeah..." Suddenly she got angry, at herself. "Oh for pity's sake, Elle, get a hold of--..." She cut herself off and calmed down just as quickly. "Elle. You called me that. I remember that, amidst the haze of rage...it helped."

Eleanor rubbed her eyebrows of sweat and neatened her hair, taking a deep breath and looked Eclaire in the eyes with a soft smile. "Thank you for calming me down, Eclaire." She spoke sincerely, though was kicking herself as she couldn't think of a nickname for Eclaire right then. "Honestly, I could kiss you. I hate being so, out of control..." She then eyed Fyenne. "She going to be all right? No wounds or anything?" Eleanor inquired, leaning forward a little.

- Gabriel Woods, The Soaring Raven, Bounty Hunter - Vita City -

"Gabriel Woods. I'm just happy to be done with this jacka--*ahem*, dangerous man." Gabriel introduced himself honestly, lowering his hood with a cordial attitude, though he had to halt his insult toward Kiev for propriety. He then listened to the sheriff serenade the group, raising a hand. "It was nothing, really. Every bounty claimed is one less bad guy on the streets. A check will do just fine, by the way. As for the photo..." Gabriel paused, then looked to Tibarn and Arno. "Will you join me for the newspaper photo, friends?" He inquired with a small smile, clearly having calmed down from Kiev's brazen actions, though the collateral damage still annoyed him, it can easily be pinned on the fire mage.

Aquilla- Ignis

Aquilla looked around nervously before seeing the carriage fly towards her and Soren, she was in awe as Soren redirected it before it could make impact with them. She then looked around and slammed the tip of her blade into the ground. “Cold that douses fire! Dry Freeze” Aquilla exclaimed creating a chilling aura around her. She then moved towards the burning buildings seeking to help people evacuate and, with her aura and fire resistance, pull them from the wreckage. Her allies appeared to have the beast under control. She stumbled as she started off hitting the ground a bit hard but still picking herself up and pushing forward.

Luka Rabbi- Somnum
Luka clearly seemed unhappy with the offer of help. “Nobody willingly would risk losing an arm, or worse, their magical abilities. Experimentation in my field is too dangerous to practice on others. So i will decline.” She grumbled before finding a spot in a corner somewhere to wrap herself in her blanket with. Her body still hurt from the conversion spell.

Saffron- Unaffiliated
Saffron seemed to smile a bit as she was thanked for helping. “Y-Yeah... no problem.” She took the ticket. Her eyes then moved towards Arno and Gabriel’s weapons. Then to hers. “Well. I suppose this is goodbye...” it took her a moment to realize the awkwardness of Tibarn giving her the tcket as they would all be on the same scheduled train... “god this is gonna be weird.”

Isabelle- Umbra
Isabelle thought curiously about Eclaire for the majority of the ride before her thoughts shifted. Specifically towards the other mages, from the other courts. “I wonder what is so special about the Vivifican mages. So much fuss over a court of only 100. Specifically 100 people unwilling to cross the boundary of morality... what makes them so appealing...”

Last edited:
{Mako Koyl – Somnum Court: Eirika}
Mako smiled and chuckled as she watched Laguna with the horse a little longer before her grumbling stomach made her focus more on where the Somnum mages were being led. Ending up in a kitchen was very much a relief. Hacking off a piece of cheese, she munched it happily till Mellark proclaimed his praises for the milk.
“It’s fresh?” the young teleporter asked through a mouth full of cheese.
Swallowing, she poured a glass and took a gulp.
“Ah, that’s the stuff!” Mako said with a satisfied sigh.
A sudden urge hit Mako. It was silly and forward. If he…but what…surely…
Ignoring what she thought off as her common sense, Mako made another glass of milk and took a little cheese, scooting past Mellark with a “Excuse me.” With part of her brain screaming at her, Mako went in search of Jari to offer him a dairy snack. Should she find him in time.

{Valery – Vivifica Court: Valley of Magic}
Valery had been prepared for a counter attack. She rolled out of the way of the spirits claws and was able to keep moving to avoid the nauseous gas. She sneered at the spirit and prepared another blast when she heard her name escape Aislinn’s lips. The Warden turned to see the Maestra’s state and spear. She stomped her foot, calling on earth magic to try to create a rock shield to intercept the spear. A quick side glance to the spirit had her reconsidering. Sacrificing part of her defensive wall, she launched a pillar of earth at the spirit. The defenses she had left should protect her vitals protected, though parts of her torso, shoulders, and limbs were exposed.

{Gerik Lockford – Umbra Court: Umbral Caravan}
“For you, perhaps.” Gerik commented with a smile to the newly introduced Vaan’s talk about pleasure.
The Umbral Maester listened to Vaan’s answers with an amused half smile on his lips. He wasn’t entirely satisfied with the bandit’s answers, but it was a sad fact that if you thought about taking prisoners for interrogation after the battle was over, you couldn’t be too picky with what you got. He made a mental note to see if Arkane could get some of the bodies to talk when they got to the Heights.
“You haven’t really given me a lot, Vaan.” Gerik said, looking and sounding a little pained. “I am definitely in the market for more man power, though I’m going to need a little more from you if you would like a paying position. I’m not expecting a name, but I would like more to go on. Mannerisms. Smells. Anything you remember that belongs to this ‘Master’.”

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, within the ranch awaiting carriages -

Finishing his soapstone carving of Genesis down to the tiniest details he could catch from the distance, Jari smiled down upon his miniature creation. Many markings of the showmanship -- showhorseship? -- within Gen's face were added, as well as generous fluffing and texture to the tail and mane without the leftovers snapping or crumbling to pieces. Feeling along the grooves and the musculature made him feel as if he got it right well enough. It took a little more time than when he had sketched Luka in her blanket, but the results were breathtaking. When he was finished with using it as a source of inspiration for a painting, perhaps Miss Nero would like it . . . or maybe someone else.

Not delving any further into thought about Mako or Kagura for fear of someone analysing him, Jari continued to eye the horse for a little longer. He espied Luka, the girl not too glad to be around the creature, and worried for her. Those bloodless lacerations surprised him immensely, and he was certain that it did not exist before the battle. Perhaps it was due to whatever magics were in the girl's arsenal, like he originally speculated, but he had no idea. Maybe she could heal it all on her own. Beyond her tough attitude and sleepy nature, he was assured, there rested the heart and healing of a saint. How else could she cope with whatever ails her?

He next soon realised that he was almost entirely alone. Luka and Laguna both left him behind like the rest of the group, and he was so deep in concentration that he forgot where everyone was headed. Blinking wildly and cursing his luck, he looked around for anyone, anyone at all, and found Mako coming out of a ranch house. With a joyous outcry, he trotted towards her, his left hand gripping the soapstone carving tightly all the while.

"Hey, Mako!" he called out. "I thought I got left behind, but I'm glad that's not the case!" He glanced down at the food she garnered, eyeing its fine-cut corners and yellow, delicious-seeming exterior. His mouth watered. "Is that . . . cheese?"

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, accompanied by the dead within his horse-drawn carriage -

Pali let out a profound sneer when Everyth withdrew from his coach with his present in tow. He had half a thought that she might have tossed it out of the window just to spite him, but perhaps she knew as well as he did that he had more to spare. He took out some chalk from his robes and used her recently freed seat to inscribe a teleportation circle.

Remembering the exact placement of ten different locations was child's play when you had undead to move things to those exact locations, and this time he chose #6, the spot where he pooled all of his most recent potions in reverse chronological order. The dutiful undead would try to refresh the potions within a minute of learning about the previous one's disappearance, so he had about one to five minutes each time to summon the next one. He had to worry about not having anything but air in that location, though. Magical backlash was a feisty situation no matter the strength or cost.

With the glow of the chalk outline when the magic took effect, the potion he intended on summoning did indeed come, its green liquid glowing from the transit before appearing perfectly normal. Smiling, Pali pocketed it for safe keeping. Who knew what other groups would attempt to ransack the caravan he was riding in, and how many others would be "recruited" to his manor.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, in GWA HA! mode -

The Maester of Ignis took great pleasure from cutting into the thick metal plating of the dragon's legs, moving from one hind leg to the other before thinking, Let's do that again! The tail of the dragon had other plans, sending him flying when struck against its thick trunk. If it struck his sword into him, he might not have been as whole as he once was, but thankfully it thwacked the entirety of him, reducing the localised damage somewhat. Smashing into the side of a building, the muscular macho man felt woozy before shaking his head and charging forward again, undeterred.

"A fine hit! Come then! I will still cut your legs out from beneath ya!"

Beneath his fury, he noticed the large amounts of death around him. As much as he hated it and wanted to save the people first and foremost, the best way to do so was to take out the threat. He had an idea to jump into the automaton's mouth and chop it up from the inside, its sensitive gears and gizmos potentially more prone to attack, but what if the dragon had scales lining the inside of its stomach region too? There was too little info, and too much need to concentrate on the matter at hand.

The tail came in for round two, and this time Daruk sprang upward to dodge the entirety of its length, his claymore continuing to be at the state between solid and liquid and held in place by earth magic. Dropping to the ground with a sense of expert know-how, he lunged for the same first leg barely scarred from last time (the right rear leg) and attempted to hack at it with a heated blade until anything -- anything -- was nice, exposed, and showed an exploitable weakness. Coupled by Soren's attempt on its left foreleg, this would potentially destabilise the entire machine if both legs were blown out, getting rid of its mobility majorly.

((Daruk's rage will wear out soon, allowing him to act a little more appropriately to the situation than independently judging that things are fine as they are.))

–Valley of Magic–

The dark orb exploded into particles as Elliot struck it, Spirit #3 growling as it turned its head toward Elliot. It was too late, however; the shield thwacked her in the face, causing a burn mark to appear on her blackened chin as she stumbled back, taking the second blow before dematerializing. A short distance away, she would rematerialize, this time her arm, which she had lost thanks to Richter, had returned to her. She glanced toward the remaining spirit, which was being struck back by the pillar of earth that had been formed from Valery and sent her way. It flung the spirit away, though it flew forward with a vengeance.

"Enough!" The woman spirit cried, turning her red eyes toward Richter, and then Elliot. They narrowed slightly. "These mages are unlike those whom we feast upon. I sense great power and potential within you.

"We of the First Court do not forget, nor have you seen the last of me, Ychera Vencii."

With that, the scythe of the first spirit tore open a rift, an opening into the Spirit Realm, which the two wraiths disappeared within. The portal closed spontaneously after the two disappeared, leaving the Vivifica mages in the Valley of Magic, several a bit miffed and spooked by what had just occurred.

"Maestra!" Tiru cried, leaping over a pile of Itika and moving quickly toward the unconscious Aislinn. The shield had indeed struck her in the back of her head, though no severe damage had been made. The blond man shot a glare over toward Elliot, long bangs falling in his face. "What in blazes were you thinking, striking the maestra?! Have you no sense?!"

( HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria if you wish to insert Quinn into this scene she could be one of the other mages accompanying them)

–Eirika's Ranch–
Elrandir Elrandir , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136 , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Mellark chuckled as Mako disappeared from view with her cheese and milk, wondering if she preferred her privacy in eating, or if she were storing it for later. After drinking the warm milk he felt even more drowsy than before, leaning his head back against his chair and closing his eyes, long blue locks shifting over the back of the seat in waves. He would've perhaps fallen asleep had Incarose not appeared in the entryway, to which he opened an eye and watched her interaction with Nero.

"Right away, Professor Nero," he responded when the Maestra announced that they should prepare to leave. Not wishing to leave a mess, he collected the dishes from himself and the other mages and placed them in the sink. It would've been a kinder gesture if he had washed them, but he was feeling a bit too lazy to do so. And besides, Nero left payment on the table, which should've at least accommodated a bit of their expenditures.

The sun was setting low in the sky by the time that the Somnum mages were entering their carriages. The tall blue-haired mage opened a carriage door and announced: "Ladies first," to allow Luka, Mako, and presumably Kagura in. He blinked, considering Laguna and tilting his head. "Well, I do not know anything about you, Laguna, not even your gender, so . . . ." He chuckled awkwardly, leaving the carriage that he'd allowed to fill and strolling up to the other vacant one. He took a seat, crossing his legs and folding his arms over his chest. He brought only a small bag with him, which tucked nicely by his feet. Perhaps the ride would allow him a nice nap before they arrived in Sanctus Heights.

Eirika had returned upon Rabs summoning her, the blue-haired woman giving the maestra a polite bow. "It has been an honor, Maestra Thea Nero Leviathan. To think that court mages stumbled upon our humble abode!" She smiled warmly, before turning toward Incarose and Rabs. "Please deliver these mages safely to Sanctus Heights, and no detours! I am sure that they have business to attend and have had a long journey around the mountains already."

Once the mages would enter their carriages and bid farewell to Eirika, the wheels on the carts would roll and they would be en route to Sanctus Heights, the farmhouse and grasslands shrinking further and further into the distance as the sun began to set.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Thanny Thanny , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

The explosive which Vincent launched successfully landed and detonated in the automaton's mouth. Smoke permeated from its nostrils and gaping mouth, which it could no longer close properly thanks to the damage that was done. It blinked, its attention shifting toward Aquilla, whose ambition was to get civilians to safety and out of the line of fire. Arun successfully landed a blow on its tail, the extreme heat and density of the strike creating quite the massive dent. Much like the damage that Daruk had made upon one of its legs, the metal dented and sear marks were present, with a thin hollow line being made into the dense sheet metal. With a few more similar strikes, the tail seemed that it would indeed be cloven in two.

One of the bullets that Vincent fired did make its target, striking the same eye that Lev had already managed to crack. The explosion and additional pressure from another bullet was too much for it, and the glass broke. The eye blinked once, and then went out. It seemed that eye was no longer functional. As if in response, it made a motion toward Aquilla, leaping toward her and doing essentially a belly flop above her and the nearby civilians. The building which Vincent was housed in took a tail swipe, causing part of the building to crumble and fall to the ground. Vincent would feel the very foundation shake, though it still, thankfully, remained standing.

With Soren's flurry of strikes upon one of the legs and Daruk hacking at the other, both of the hind legs gave way. Half of each leg opened to reveal a hollow cavity, the dragon no longer being able to use its rear legs without dragging them. This would leave the dragon's mobility greatly impaired. The telekinesis did uproot a few panels, though most were well intact. The dragon was built sturdy, though with enough onslaught it couldn't uphold itself forever.

It let out a new torrent of flames, incinerating the building that Vincent was in. He would find flames being thrust in his face and shattering the remaining windows around him, and it was only a matter of minutes before his building were to collapse. The flames extended in Aquilla and Lev's direction, though something was unusual about the way it spurt flames. Instead of an even arch, it came out in a cloud, and if one could see well enough in its mouth they would find that the mechanism which allowed it to breathe fire had been damaged thanks to the explosive that Vincent launched. It may be possible to shut the fire mechanism down for good with enough bravery and a well-timed shot.

Its tail began to beat the ground, sending flaming particles and debris all around its hind legs. It then wheeled itself around, lone eye blinking as it glared at Soren and Daruk. It tore a lamppost from the ground with its mouth, before sending it hurtling at the two. It then went to swipe at Soren, its clawed hand heavy and moving with much force. If successful, the swat would potentially throw Soren into Daruk, and behind them was a flaming building.

Xion136 Xion136 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The redheaded thief glanced up as Ronin the Shade approached, raising and clutching the bars tightly in his shaking, bony hands. He swallowed hard, tentatively glancing toward Zion and Jynn before his gaze shifted once more to the newcomer.

"The disaster that was all my fault," he voiced, slightly hoarse. "I was foolish. Itika has been all the rage in Vita City lately, my friends being able to do really cool things with it. I wanted to surprise them and bring them some, and I thought we could all have a good time together." He swallowed again. "But I was wrong. That stuff is wicked dangerous! I had no idea that it would cause such an explosion."

The redhead turned to Jynn, head low. "I am sorry that I lied. I thought I'd be put behind bars forever and shame my ma if the conductor knew the truth. You guys are high mages, and I thought . . . I thought surely with your reputation that you could get out of this."

–Umbra Caravan, en route to Sanctus Heights–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136 , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Vaan sat upright, considering the Umbra Maester. Gerik was a confusing man indeed. He didn't seem particularly cruel, nor did he seem interested in ending his life as some of the other court mages had. Perhaps this business prospect would be something worthwhile for Vaan after all. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, his whiskers short stubble on his pallid skin. "Hmm . . . . Well, the Master supposedly goes by many names, though his name of choice that I have heard most often is 'Invidia'. He is a Seer, having shown time and again that he can predict future events before they happen. Some call him a mage, but he denies any magical affiliation. He often keeps to himself, never seems very happy. Once I heard him talk about his sister, but I can't remember her name. Didn't even know that he had one, and when someone asked about her, well they were sent on an impossible task and died."

Vaan frowned at the unpleasant memory. "I try to keep my distance from him."

In Arkane's carriage, Everyth scooped up little Hector and scratched behind his ear. "He's so adorable," she admitted, delighted that someone didn't shun her presence, and that Arkane seemed mildly more humane in holding a positive conversation with her. She sat across from him, continuing to pet a delighted Hector when her hand froze mid stroke at the mention of Pali.

"I do not want to talk about that old man," she murmured, her tone nearly a growl. "If he would rather be alone that is quite fine with me." At this Everyth hesitated, gaze flickering toward Arkane. "But how did you know that we shared such a conversation?"

Their carriage ran over a bump in the road, and some voices in their caravan began to cheer loudly. Any mage that would poke their heads out of their carriages to see what all the commotion was about would find that the stone walls surrounding Sanctus Heights began to get ever closer. The wall was massive, sturdy, and thick, allowing it to be seen from even three miles away, which was their approximate distance then.

In Eclaire's arms, it seemed that Fyenne was getting no better. The young girl's cheeks were flushed, her breathing labored as her little chest rose and fell. Her fever raged, and she hadn't awoken for several hours. It seemed that she would need to be seen promptly.

–Vita City, en route to Sanctus Heights–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Tibarn blinked, considering Gabriel for a moment before a smile broke across his face. "Oh, sure I'll join you in a photo! Why not!" He stood alongside his friend, posing by throwing an arm around the bounty hunter's shoulders and offering a salute for the camera. The flash blinded the young man, causing him to blink several times once the photo was taken.

"Still not used to that," he murmured, shaking his head. Photos were only just beginning across Regalia, and Tibarn only had his photo taken a couple of other times. It would be nice to remember that photo with friends. Perhaps he would get a copy of the Vita City paper with it just to snag the portrait as a keepsake.

At Saffron's words the rogue leaned in, offering her a wink as he said, "It doesn't have to be goodbye if you don't want it to be." With that, Tibarn would walk out with his friends, offering Saff a wave as he went. The train would await them, the conductor glancing at his watch and taking tickets from the passengers who desired access to the train. He would happily accept their tickets, discussing that it may rain, before sending them off into the sunset on their way to Sanctus Heights.

Last edited:
- Henry Heid - RULES OF NATURE - Sanctus Heights -

Henry had certainly gotten the dragon's attention, and he certainly did the most with it, dodging and weaving utilizing fire and sunlight for speed and short term teleportation to avoid the flaming barrages and uncontrolled rage of the dragon as the others attacked it, and managed to topple it! The beast was down, they just needed to keep up the pressure as it was now stuck in place for the time being.

As the beast fell to the ground its attention at Henry certainly stopped as he overlooked the battlefield and what it did, it attacked with a different kind of fire attack at Aquilla and Lev's direction, Aquilla in particular was falling under the weight of her magic, the attack was too quick to do anything about when it came towards Vincent and the building, but it wasn't too late to help Lev and Aquilla. Henry was there in less than a second before the attack had any chance of landing, appearing out of thin air with small burst of fire in front of them as he extended his hand, as he did so the cloud in coming their way would be absorbed into his hand, his hand and eventualy arm shaking as he absorbed fire until nothing in front of him stood, this act created a large flaming orb in his hand, he stood his ground, clothes shaking in the wind, quite a notable and cool sight, as he looked at the dragon and noticed, something was wrong with its mouth...its flames was weaker...this allowed him a chance.

"Lev, Aquilla, back away a bit." He warned them as he would slam the large flame orb in his hand into his other hand, grunting in pain as he used the acquired fire and his own sunlight to summon his sword with the flames, it took a few seconds for the summon, but this would empower his sword with massive power of fire and sunlight, the sword was usually summoned through sunlight but he could infuse it with fire if he so chose.

The sword would have its normal appearance mostly intact, but now its edge was searing red with fire. If one looked at Henry they'd notice one of his eyes began to glow golden with magic energy, a faint trail of energy coming from said eye would follow. He took a step back to take a lunging stance. An explosive aura began to manifest around him, as his blast armor had activated.

"Here goes nothing." He muttered as he vanished with a flash of light as he dashed towards the Dragon's mouth, waiting for a moment to dash right inside its mouth when it wasn't spewing fire to minimize risks, utilising his blast armor to protect him from the fire as he would slam thrust his sword deep inside the fire mechanism of the Dragon's mouth, shoving his sword deeper as he went as he grunted from feeling the heat, his blast armor wouldn't protect him from everything, but it'd be enough, he held out his hand and chaneled explosive magic into it, and slammed his hand onto the mechanism inside its mouth before pulling out his sword and dashing out.

If his attack worked he'd find himself being flung off the dragon's mouth from the explosion it would not doubt be caused by the igniting explosive magic that would explode fiercely inside the burning dragon's mouth, most likely taking out its fire breathing abilities if not blowing its entire head off. He would land onto the ground and try to roll, but he would fail from the strain from such an attack. But he would slowly get himself back to his feet, sword still in hand as he looked at the dragon. This had to end. Now.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Thanny Thanny Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Arno Cross - Vita City's Sheriff -

"You're god damn right I will." Arno answered Gabriel's offer to join them for a photo with uncharacterisc excitement and seriousness. He quickly joined Tibarn and Gabriel, no before grabing the pouch full of rewards the Sheriff offered. Unlike Tibarn, who simply wrapped his arm around Gabriel for the photo, Arno did a full on pose, staying beside Tibarn he had one hand holding his hat, the other with his rifle resting on his shoulder. Unblinded by the flash of the camera Arno put his rifle back onto his back.

He would quickly walk in on Tibarn flirting with Saffron, in front of everyone, the audacity! Arriving just after Tibarn left. "He likes to flirt, ignore him." Arno would speak in a blank tone as he would hand Saffron her part of the money, divided by four. Meaning 125 Electrun coins and 250 gold pieces. "Your share." Arno quickly explained before leaving and following Tibarn to the train station.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Richter - Valley of Magic -

Richter's attack had killed the spirit#1, good riddance, but said attack left him deprived enough of energy that even when he saw the spirit#3 coming at him he would not be able to dodge the dark orb in time, thankfully Elliot came to the rescue, not only stopping the attack but whacking the spirit with a shield bash that left quite a burn mark in the spirit's face. The spirit quickly retreated, calling off her friends as she told them they hadn't seen the last of her, Ychera Vencii was her name. A name unknown by Richter, but it was certainly a powerful sounding one.

His thought and pondering from the warning would be interrupted as Tiru would lash out at Elliot for attacking the Maestra. Richter looked at Elliot with a confused expression, before looking at Tiru, and running to Aislinn. Kneeling beside her as he would examine her to see if she had any wounds. "I am sure Elliot had a good reason to do it." Richter would try to calm Tiru before looking over for Valery. "Valery, are you well?" He'd ask her too.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Vincent & Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Dragon Fight -

Vincent would quickly back away, turning around to run away from the fire only for it to overcome the building. The heat against his skin ached, his lungs filling with smoke as he coughed. The glass was melting against the wooden floor, charcoal forming as Vincent saw no other way out. He ran straight through the fire and smoke, jumping out the gap of the building before it collapsed behind him. The force of it pushed him in the air, the man using his hooks to latch onto the dragon itself by the neck. He had to use the momentum right as he would witness this beast belly flop like a whale onto the cobblestone beneath. He would shoot one hook across the dragon's open mouth, hoping to catch the reinforced cable right in it's mouth. If it worked, as Vincent landed on the dragon's neck, he would catch the end of the hook. Holding onto it he used his other hook to launch and stick to a piece of it's body further down and use it to pull himself back, and with it the hook and cable. If it worked well, it would have the cable pull down on it's lower jaw, forcing it's mouth open to reveal the inside mechanism that created the flames, and giving them the chance to attack it. Vincent would cry out, having to use his body as the pulley system between the two hooks, using all of his strength to keep that mouth open. Thankfully Henry seemed to be aiming for it. He hoped that they could end it before his arms were ripped out of their sockets.

Arun would look up, watching the creature shoot fire again. He spun his burning blade as he would watch it belly flop against the ground. He force alone shook the entire floor around them. Arun would look up as the beast would try and shoot more fire. He would charge to the side of the beast, roaring as he slammed his blade against it's side, pushing against it. As he did he had the earth beneath his feet push him against the dragon, trying to tilt it off it's feet and onto its side.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Carravan arriving at Sanctus Heights -

Hector the dog was happy to be given attention. He would pant and wag his curled up tail, leaning into the scratches. Even in a revived, undead state such characteristic and natural traits never went away. Whether they actually felt the feeling that came with the scratches, or were they merely reacting from the memory pf them was another mystery all together. Arkane smiled a bit. "You are not the first nor the last person to seek out his interest. Single, a great father, handsome, smart; he has people from other courts weak on their knees." He could feel his cheeks burning a bit as he glanced away. "A-At least, that is what I have heard." He stammered. He offered a sympathetic smile. "Everyone is a bit stressed with the Vivifica issue! Maybe afterwards he will loosen up..." He muttered, looking out the window. Though, of he rejected her, does that mean he could be into boys? There would be cheer not long after, and Arkane would stick his head out to see Sanctus Heights in the distance. However..."Everyth." He began. "Correct me if I am wrong...but is that smoke coming from the city?" The large, dark smoke pillar was rather smile compared to the whole city itself. But having it be centered meant it was visible by all sides. "What are the Ignis Court up to this time?"

- Incarose Vassar, Thea Nero - Court of Somnum: Eirika's Ranch -

The staring contest between the Somnum Maestra and the Huntress was intense, or so people would say. Seconds felt like an eternity as the two women stared at each other, the other's thoughts a mystery to each one. Both Skoll and Hati's eyes were set upon the Maestra, yet they were not of a hunter looking at a prey, they were waiting, waiting for an order from their master.

"We are back!" Yelled Incarose, "sorry it took so long. Is something the matter?"

The redhead looked between her friend and the maestra, it looked as if they had something to say, but for some reason, she felt it was better not to ask. Eirika's voice made Nero focus her attention on her.

"The honor has been ours, Miss Eirika, your help is appreciated," she said as she took a small bag filled with coin, "this is for your service and for any trouble we might have caused with such a sudden request."

"Don't worry, Boss, we will make sure they arrive safetly to Sanctus Heights," Incarose said as she boarded the carriage and took hold of the reins, "you can count on us. Right, Rabs?"

"I will make sure Incarose doesn't get lost along the way, Miss Eirika. We will make sure to bring back the carriages once the job is over, sometime in the morning," Rabs said to Eirika as she also boarded the other carriage, "think of it as thanks for allowing me to stay here while I completed my errand."

While this happened Nero went inside and told the remaining mages that the carriages were ready to depart, she also picked her suitcase from the shelf. She then walked towards Luka and offered her hand to get up.

"Come, Miss Rabbi, I will join you so I can perform some healing on you."

Whether Luka took the Maestra's hand or not she waited until all mages were in their respective carriages, she then boarded the same one as Luka before closing the door of the carriage. Incarose took this as a sign that the mages were ready to leave and, with a last look and nod towards her boss, Incarose gave the order to move. Rabs gave Eirika a nod and also gave the order to her horses before turning towards her wolves.

"You know the drill. Go ahead and scout the road for any possible dangerous creature or people." Rabs said to Skoll and Hati.

The two wolves howled and quickly ran further down the road, the white haired woman then looked at Incarose and nodded. Meanwhile the Maestra was looking inside her suitcase, which looked as if it could hold more than what it size suggested. It took a couple of minutes but she finally took a small tear-shaped crystal that looked as if it had pure arcane energy swirling inside.

"This is a Gloscan Crystal, Miss Rabbi, please hold it while I perform the healing process," Nero said as she handed the crystal to Rabbi, "A Gloscan Crystal is a crystal created for a specific individual so they can focus their spells and make them more powerful, this will make the healing arts more efficient and potent."

Nero closed her eyes and waved her hands in different patterns, her fingers leaving faint trails of arcane essence behind just has her hands glowed with a faint glowing light. The Maestra closed her eyes and began to whisper arcane words as her hands glowed slightly brighter with each passing second, she then held Luka's hands, which would have been holding the Gloscan Crystal if she took it before. The arcane energy inside the crystal would begin to swirl faster, a warm feeling would begin to spread through all of Luka's body as the healing spell began to do its work on healing the young girl's internal injuries, boosted by Nero's Gloscan Crystal.

Outside the carriages, Incarose was looking at the landscape, humming a tune to keep her mind occupied from what was going on inside the carriage. She could feel it, after all. The feeling when someone was using magic. Rabs took noticed of this and she whistled to get Incarose's attention.

"It will be alright, Rose, don't worry. We will take the mages to Sanctus Heights, maybe get a nice dinner and some treats, then we can go back to Eirika tomorrow morning," she said to Incarose.

Incarose looked at Rabs, a smile slowly making its way on her lips. She gave the white haired woman a nod and then focused on the road once more. The journey towards Sanctus Heights was a calm one, any potential danger was taken care of by Skoll and Hati, and so the carriages remained safe. Nero spent the most of the journey attempting to heal Luka's injuries, she hoped that she had succeeded on her job, or, at least, heal most of the damage done to the young girl.

"Maestra? Do you have a moment?" Incarose's voice was heard.

"What's wrong?" Nero said as she opened a small window that let her see Incarose.

The redhead first pointed at the city in the distance, it would take less than an hour to reach it, but something was not right, smoke was coming from the city, and that was not something that happened, like, ever.

"It seems that there might be an issue in the city," Incarose said, "I just wanted to notify you, so you and your mages might be ready."

Nero nodded and looked at those who were on the carriage with her, she then explained what Incarose had told her. Meanwhile, on the other carriage, Rabs had done the same with her own passagers.

"Excuse me, mages. It might be possible that there are some kind of problem in Sanctus Heights at the moment, if that column of smoke is to be trusted," She said as she kept looking at the city in the distance, "we will be arriving in less than an hour so I would suggest that you get ready for any potential problem.

Sanctus Height was slowly, but surely, coming closer with each passing minute. No one knew what the city had in store for any of them.

Aquilla- Ignis- Dragon Fight
Aquilla turned moments before the dragon landed, taking her chances to cover one of the civilians she was evacuating. After the impact she would be seen just barely holding up the beast. A small shell of ice on her back. It slowly cracked and shattered dropping the weight upon Aquilla’s back. She strained, slowly opening her eyes to make sure the civilian was ok. “Run” she told them. Waiting for them to escape before she took hold of the mana that was already in use. “If you want to crush me then thats fine. But you can take all my mana with you...” twin spheres of magic formed on both sides of her as her own enchantments left her body. First,the heated orb of fire would move in to the chest plates, superheating it if it made contact. Then sphere of ice would strike into the superheated metal, on contact it would deep freeze its chest. This would result in the metal going through Thermal compression swiftly warping the metal and causing it to collapse on itself, it it hit. Aquilla soon collapsed under the weight soon after. The only thing keeping her alive was her armor.

Saffron- Vita City?
Unannounced to the other three, Saffron boarded the train, keeping to the back. Preffering to not search them out on her own accord. Besides they probably anticipated she would be on the train as well. They seemed like wanderers, just like her. Weird... but kinda fun to be around. “Ill seek them out when i get off the train... maybe they will let me join them. It certainly has gotten lonely without anyone to travel with.”

Luka- Somnum- Carriages

Luka slowly took Nero’s hand and then followed her to the carriages. She then climbed into the carriage curling up in the corner with her blanket. She looked as pale as she did when she got off the boat, if not paler. Her eyes slowly following Nero as the water mage entered. “Gloscan Crystal.... are they only meant for healing.... ill have to study up later. Hopefully Sanctus Heights has a Library.” She held onto it as instructed while Nero began to heal her.

Isabelle- Umbra- Carriages

The blood mage peaked her head out of the window. “Well looks like the party has already been started” Isabelle smiled before opening the door of the moving carriage and hanging out the side. “Boy do the people of Sanctus Heights now how to make a welcoming party!” She laughed

Quinn- Vivifica- Valley of Magic

Quinn slowly approached the group. Having split off earlier to accomplish a task given to her by another mage in the court, one that could not come along on the trip. “What happened to the Maestra?” She cocked her head. The victorian dressed woman slowly scanned the area around her. Trying to gather as much information as she could. Her shotgun that was slung over her shoulder gently slid to her front, in a somewhat threatening manner.

Last edited:
- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, witnessing a damsel in distress -

The boisterous Maester was overjoyed when his sword did so much talking that it managed to topple the beast, caving in one leg while Soren did the other. In a frenzious state still, he howled and laughed at the monstrous eye glaring down at him, grinning like a madman.

"Good going, Soren! We've got 'em now!"

The lamppost was a surprise as the dragon's mouth ensnared a lamppost and lashed out toward them with impressive accuracy, the automaton no doubt more calculating than most with its entire nature being involved with calculation. None of this was thought up by Daruk, though. He was in no position to think, only act, and because of this he was the perfect man to handle a five-hundred-pound post launched at excessive speed.

With a big grin, he lifted up a column of earth from the ground using earth magic, his massive sword dimming in its magical consumption because he needed that weapon not to melt due to lack of concentration. The pillar was enough to stop the lamppost with some ease, though it left a crater and shook under the crunching weight.

His warrior's madness was coming to an end, his berserkergang finishing, but he did see someone in need of aid and squinted at her. It was a bad time to not have his glasses on his person, but he could swear that that was . . . Aquilla! Trepidation filled him as he rushed in her direction, keeping an eye out on the dragon in the meantime and maybe narrowly escaping a knockback from a heavy paw's launching Soren. He knew that Soren could take it, however. Aquilla, maybe not due to her magical reservoirs, known to him to be a little lacking.

With a rising motion to both hands, he raised the cobbled earth in a donut-shaped mound around Aquilla, with enough bracing to prevent her from being squished by the incredible weight of the mechanical dragon. She would have to be careful breathing in an enclosed area, as oxygen could be tough to get when trapped. Later he will have to create an opening for her to escape, but he did not know if the dragon had other plans for him. He had to focus on the fight for now.

((More will come with Pali and Jari later. For the present, time limits me.))

- Elliot Luxmore, Merciless Protector, Vivifica - Valley of Magic -

Finally, the dark spirits had realized their error and fled the scene, leaving the Vivifica mages to pick themselves up and get back to business. Or so Elliot hoped, but his decisive action to subdue Aislinn before more damage was done had now been brazenly been questioned by Tiru and despite Richter chiming in, Elliot simply glared back as he picked up the thrown shield, only to have it disintegrate in his hand, as he had dismissed it while addressing the angered Tiru.

"Mind your tongue, Tiru. The Maestra would've only done more damage to herself and those around her had I not acted in the way I did. Any hesitation could've resulted in Valery's death and further obstacles to our mission." Elliot spoke coldly and in a firm tone, walking toward Aislinn and Tiru as he went on. "Now, unless you too seemingly 'have no sense', I would suggest you take Aislinn to safety posthaste. Understand?" He added, never lowering himself to Tiru's level, preferring to remain standing as one could feel the scowl beneath his helmet, should they make eye contact with Elliot at this time.

- Soren Monroe, Fractured Bulwark, Ignis - Sanctus Heights, Steel Dragon Battle -

The wounded Dragon's flails and Daruk's enthusiasm stirred Soren's spirit as he prepared himself for whatever may come next. It was then that the Steel Dragon went into a frenzy and swiped its heavy claw at Soren with the intent to knock him away. If the Dragon were truly alive, it would be astonished as it was met with an immovable object, as Soren had blocked the swipe with his sword, flat end against the claw and Soren's free hand supporting the blade as he pushed back with all of his might to keep himself rooted, yelling with his teeth gritted.

Suddenly, Henry initiated a brazen, but surely effective move, which would see the Sun of Ignis moving at high speeds into the Dragon's open maw and essentially bomb the mechanical monstrosity from the inside out, in order to obliterate it in one swift stroke, with Henry hopefully emerging safely, but Soren wouldn't know just yet, as all he was focused on was standing his ground and holding the line, to prevent further collateral damage.

- Laguna, the Maelstrom, Somnum - Erika's Ranch, Carriages Departing -

For a time, Laguna was sitting quietly in their carriage, Mjolnir on the floor at their side, at the time oblivious to the situation in Sanctus Heights as everyone else was, until it was mentioned that something troubling was occurring in the city. It was then that Laguna peered out to observe the pillar of smoke bellowing from Sanctus, setting off all of the instincts in their head, that they couldn't wait for the carriages to get there in time, it could be too late! Clenching their fist, Laguna moved for the carriage door.

"Excuse me..." They only uttered as they called Mjolnir to their free hand as Laguna opened the door and jumped out, swiftly assuming a stance while spinning Mjolnir by its leather tongs and with a valiant thrust upward, Laguna would take off at blazing speeds, hanging onto the hammer's handle tightly, toward Sanctus Heights, a clap of thunder sounding and a flash of Lightning could be observed as they flew off by anyone paying attention either in the carriages or in Sanctus Heights in the distance. It's possible their comrades would disapprove, but on the other hand, they should be used to Laguna's heroics by now.

(These three for now, as they struck me as the most urgent.)

Jynn, Vivifica - Sanctus Heights

As soon as the guard left, a stranger comes by, asking Zion and Jynn to confirm their identities. Jynn wakes up and looks towards the stranger. “Yes. Why?”

The thief finally starts to become apologetic. Jynn sighs. “Itika is not something you fool around with. Even if someone is in possession of it, it is best to notify authorities about it, instead of dealing with it yourself. And as for our reputation, we Vivifica mages are now viewed as monsters ever since our maestra has been in contact with Itika.”

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Umbra Caravan

Eclaire kept a hold of Fyenne. She would give Elle attention, though, that was for sure. "It...it came out. Seemed like the best way." She smiled lightly at her new friend. "And...not like I'd say no to a kiss...." her flirtatious teasing died as she felt Fyenne's fever continue. She expended far too much magic. And Eclaire....she looked at her hand. Could she? After all this...even after refusing to use it elsewhere...could she really use the gift Father had bestowed upon her? Use more of the power Father gave her? Already she did not act like the Umbra, placing herself, others, in harm's way to save a child. She had merely nodded to Fyenne at her swear of fealty. She did not save her to bind her to a new master...she saved her so the girl may be free. Holding her close to her right side, her cat ears laid flat. "...do you have any medicine, Elle?" She asked softly. "...she's burning with a fever...I don't think I have...I don't know if I can heal her." She managed to say, looking at her shoes. "....she spent way too much mana...she...she's probably been forced to do that too much in the past week. Her body needs medicine, rest...or I'll be fighting that bastard Arkane all night."

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - With Nero

Kagura kept a hold and kept close, glad that Nero had found the kindness to not brush 'em away. Only letting go to get a cold glass of milk that everyone was raving about, the Water Dancer downed it all, mismatched eyes going wide.
"...it's good." Was all Kaga said. Returning the now drained glass and holding Nero's hand again, Kaga would mostly manage to ignore any commotion or Jari staring until the carriages were ready, though the appearance of Rabs caused Kaga to hide behind Nero for a bit. Eventually they were in carriages, and Kaga was sitting beside Nero, quiet and a bit more relaxed now.

Elrandir Elrandir Thanny Thanny

Zion - Vivifica - Jail

Looking up at the one who inquired her name, Zion got up off the floor, dusting her butt off. "That's me. Archmagus Zion of Vivifica, Archmagus of the School of Light, Altruistic Extraordinaire, and stealer of girlfriends." She rolled her eyes. She wanted to throw the kid under the bus, but how could she? He wanted to fit in, be like his friends. He was stupid. In the end, it was a dreadful accident, one that, quite honestly, would not have happened if not for the itika smuggler he stole the goods from. She shook her head. "And I don't give a damn what my Maestra does with itika. I heal, and help. I do not play politics, I come and help people. Something I cannot do in these bars, which are only left standing out of a respect for the police." She said, before turning around and huffing. "I know I can be clumsy but jeez...arrested for something I haven't even done is quite the crappy welcome."

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

–Valley of Magic–

The blond Vivifica mage considered Richter when he approached. He knew that Richter cared for Aislinn, and wasn't particularly alarmed that he approached. Tiru allowed Richter to hold Aislinn as he rose, meeting Elliot at eye level with a glare that could've frozen water in the middle of summer.

"Forgive me, but striking our maestra unconscious with a head injury doesn't seem to be the first thing that comes to mind in quelling her," Tiru retorted, folding his arms over his chest. "And don't tell me to 'mind myself.' You are not my superior nor will you ever be." He picked up his bow, slung it over his shoulder, and stormed off, picking up a sack of Itika on his way. "We should probably return to Miko, at least to deposit the maestra and some of this Itika."

Tiru fell in line with Quinn, his sapphire eyes briefly meeting hers. "Ask Elliot," he murmured, tone clearly disgruntled.

If Richter were indeed holding Aislinn, she would remain limp and unmoving in his arms, easily complying if he chose to carry her off.

–Sanctus Heights: The Gates– SOMNUM
Elrandir Elrandir , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136 , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas ,

The Somnum party would indeed see the smoke billowing above the stone walls from the disaster occurring in Central Square. A frown furrowed Mellark's brow as he took note of it, which only deepened as Laguna took it upon themself to emerge from the moving carriage, bolting along and making faster progress than they ever could. It was certainly quite the show, one which Mellark was uncertain on whether Professor Nero would approve of. There was nothing that he could do regarding the matter, however, than continue to sit back and watch.

The gates loomed into view, their entrance being granted by two sentry man stationed to observe all who came and left Sanctus Heights. Clearly, the mages had no issues in being granted entrance, and a map of the city was passed along to both Rabs and Incarose, seeing as they were the ones guiding the carriages in.

Meanwhile, if Laguna moved toward the source of the smoke, they would find what remained of Central Square: an unquenchable fire, many scorched buildings and bodies, and a massive automaton, one which was once praised and now the instrument of death upon Sanctus Heights.

(The rest of the Somnum mages will have to weave through the city to get to Central Square, at least until my next update, but Laguna can already arrive if you wish it, Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas )

The weight placed by Vincent did indeed hold the dragon's jaw agape. It shuddered, and Vincent would feel a vibration as it tried to close its jaw yet failed. This allowed Henry the opportunity that he needed to leap into his mouth. The fire mechanism jerked as Henry jabbed his sword into it, sparks flickering in the air. It tried to let out another wave of flames, but then Henry unleashed his explosive magic. Shards of shrapnel from the fire mechanism would fly out, bouncing off the interior of its mouth and several shards flying toward Henry and potentially Vincent. A large hole on the side of its face could be seen from the exterior where the explosion went off, exposing many wires and mechanisms that kept the dragon functioning. It shook its head violently, which, if Vincent didn't have a good hold or balance, may find that he was flung off.

The automaton had successfully landed on one of the Ignis mages, as Aquilla struggled underneath it, yet not before the skilled mage practiced thermal compression upon its chest. The drastic change in temperature warped the metal where Aquilla touched, creating a weak point on its chest. This was moments before Arun managed to shove the automaton off Aquilla and onto its side, the sound of metal grinding against the cobblestone echoing across the burning square.

The automaton wriggled, its front legs moving adjacent to one another, but the metal beast still remained on its side, unable to right itself. This left the perfect opportunity for the Ignis mages to finish it off, or try yet again to dismantle the dragon if it were possible.

The wreckage of the square, however, was proving to become quite the obstacle course. Virtually everything around them was up in flame, a thick layer of smoke obscuring the sunset from view as embers traced the sky. Bodies and debris littered what was once a peaceful and lovely square, the fountain smashed and long-devoid of water. A shadow of a building would stretch out before Henry and Lev, growing larger as it drew nearer. Behind them stood a five-story building, its foundation shaken thanks to the automaton's body slam and the flames that engulfed it. The building was solid, made from sturdy brick and cement, and would indeed hurt if it fell upon them. The building was quite large in radius, its debris would have quite the massive range on the square. It was likely that all of the Ignis mages were in range of this falling building.

From behind the mages a troop of soldiers approached. They were clad in navy-blue uniforms, bearing the Four Courts symbol as a crest on their chests. They were moving swiftly to usher survivors out of the square, and it was possible that over the chaos the Ignis mages could hear that fire rescue was being summoned. One of them had a hose that they were attempting to use, but the flames continued to rip and roar ferociously. They were too vast to be put out simply.

Xion136 Xion136 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The thief watched as Zion got up, perhaps too intently. Color rose in his cheeks as the archmagus glanced his way, before immediately averting his gaze and looking away. On the train he hadn't realized that Zion was quite pretty, though her comment on girlfriends soon made him realize that she was definitely out of his league–if his actions alone weren't already enough to decipher that.

The redhead merely nodded at Jynn's words, feeling that there was little else to say regarding the matter. The hall remained silent, as though the trio had been seemingly forgotten. Footsteps overhead could be heard, however, which consisted a lot of dashing around and several shouts from afar. Their words, however, could not be discerned from their distance.

–Sanctus Heights: The Gates– UMBRA

Color flushed Everyth's cheeks as Arkane went on about Pali's desirable characteristics. Certainly a worthy candidate, and yet Everyth felt foolish for having tried to pursue him. Of course he would hold no interest in her, a simple girl from the Umbra court, not when there was nothing particularly important to her name or heritage. While looks were indeed something that the young woman possessed without shortage, Pali wouldn't be so shallow as to seek that alone without some kind of status. "I don't need him," she said coldly. "I am not so desperate as to desire someone who wishes to have nothing to do with me."

She didn't think that the situation with Vivifica had anything to do with the old man's hardened heart, but she didn't tell Arkane that. The woman did, however, notice that Arkane's demeanor changed when discussing their peer. He seemed . . . more open, talkative, perhaps even nervous? This struck her as odd, though she was given little time to muse over it when Arkane pointed out the smoke permeating the air around Sanctus Heights. She moved closer to peer out, eyes widening in shock.

"My goodness, you are right! Whatever happened?!"

The guards at their posts were also on high alert given the state of the disaster. Unlike their calm, delighted greeting to the Somnum mages, they were now stoic, ushering civilians out of the stone walls until they were able to quell the flames burning their city. Did they fear that they could not get the flames to stop, and that it would consume all of Sanctus Heights?

"I'm sorry," one of the guardsmen informed Gerik's carriage, "but access to Sanctus Heights is currently closed due to an emergency evacuation. An accident has befallen in Central Square, and our men in addition to some court mages are working to get the situation under control. Even as we speak, we are rounding civilians and requesting that they stay where it is safe until the emergency has passed."

(Umbra arrived after the Somnum court, before the evacuation notice was placed and before things were getting too far out of hand. That is not to say that the Umbra court can't get creative)

–Train, en route to Sanctus Heights–

The motion of the train became rhythmic, the greenery passing in a blur as they sped toward Sanctus Heights. The train was smaller than most, its benches cram-packed together and compartments for baggage being small. Thankfully Tibarn had little in the way of luggage, thus the lack of space was not of particular concern to him.

He eyed his two companions, his gaze shifting toward the open window. "So . . . that poker game ended fruitfully. Good work, Arno. I think you would've won, even if things didn't get quite so . . . messy."

Saffron would see people filling into her compartment, though none seemed particularly interesting nor interested in her. The people did keep to themselves, though Saff would likely be able to overhear comments about a previous train wreck on its way to Sanctus Heights, and how Vivifica was plotting to murder the High Priestess by smuggling Itika aboard another train earlier that day.

Vincent would hold onto the jaw, watching the beast try and close its mouth. Thankfully he did what he intended, and the automaton was hit by Henry's terrifying magic. Pieces of metal flew across the air, Vincent having to let go of one of the sides and pull away his wire to avoid getting it. But the chaos was not over. He lost one grip, and now as the beast would shake its head, it would pull Vincent along, flinging him around. The Ignis member would scream, holding onto the wire as he was flown around before he finally pulled the rest of the wire off the dragon, having it come along with him as he was thrown into the sky. He would take a moment to look around. The fire was spreading, and the people ran for their lives as the beast remained alive, still. The gift of Ignis mages; fire could bring up the night and bring warmth in the cold. But it could also destroy and consume with just as similar intensity if uncontrolled. The people were trying to put out the fires, and he had to do something.

As he fell back down, he would use his grappling hooks to grasp at the wall of a burning building, using the momentum to swing across and land close to the ground, his boots skidding against the burning cobblestone. "The fire is spreading!" He screamed, looking back at the rest. "This entire city will be burnt to ash unless we help control the fire! Take that thing down, but we must help-!" He froze, seeing the shadow as the entire building was going to fall down upon them. Arun would look up from where he had pushed the automaton, eyes landing on the building that fell on them. His eyes widened, and he knew that his magic would come in handy to this. Although, at a great price for something of its great size. No matter, he had to try. He dashed towards the base of the building, no longer able to support on itself. He would remove his weapon, setting it aside as he went fist first. He dragged his arms against the ground, cobblestone slowly covering his arms and his legs. His eyes would glow as he transferred magic around him and into the floor below, his whole armor heating up as steam would rise from it. He would stand at a spot far away from the rest, raising his hands up with palms open. "I give you life, Ugo!"

The ground around him would shift, stone and dirt rising as walls began to surround him. Earth and stone would take shape, slowly forming upwards as the building fell. The very top pieces of stone would press against the building, the dirt pressed together like hardened sand that kept the pieces together. The smoke would be mixed with dust and dirt, only to reveal the top half of what would be a Golem. Made out of earth and cobblestone, in the shape of a man from the chest upwards as it stood in front of Arun. Arms shaped from pressed dirt and rock would grasp at the building, pushing it upwards as it would attempt to bring it to a stop. Under the pressure the figure would be pressed between the building and the ground beneath, and although being the one pressing back, Arun would feel the pressure under his own connection to the magic. He stood his ground, pushing back as he whispered under his breath. He needed to keep it up. He needed to make sure that the building would not fall, or worse, crumble into pieces as it burned alive above them. To create something strong enough to hold the building in place would take a while, and that was if the building did not collapse on him first. "Hurry with the beast." Arun hissed through gritted teeth. They only had so much time left before there was nothing left of Sanctus Heights.

Vincent would watch, yet he could not wait any longer. He turned to look around, seeing the people evacuate and the beast laying down. He would look back at Daruk, his cheeks covered with dirt and soot. "I must help with the containment of the fire!" He insisted, and that was that. Vincent turned away, running off as he would shoot out his grappling hooks, hooking onto the still existing walls to hurry along the area. Contain the fire. How could he contain the fire when he could not even wield it? He gritted his teeth, and instead would hurry with civilians. He would see a couple running as a wall would begin to collapse behind them. Vincent rushed over, swinging towards them and picking them up and pulling them away before the wall could collapse on them. He would settle them down further ahead, telling them to run as Vincent went back into the fray. He could not do magic, but he would save as many civilians as he could.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Sanctus Heights: GATES -
The carriages would come to a halt as they were encountered by running civilians, covered in smoke and debris as they coughed for air and screamed for their loved ones. The guards were doing their best to keep the calm while evacuating what and who they could. Arkane would dismiss Hector, the dog disappearing into smoke and into the place where the rest of the summons went as Arkane stepped out of the carriage and ran up to the front, listening just in time for the guard to explain the situation. "A situation? I would call this more than a situation." He scoffed, looking around as people ran across. First the bandits, and now this? How annoying. He would look down at his cards. He knew he had some curses that could help with the fire. "You have to let us through." He insisted. But it did not seem that they would be willing to cooperate. Arkane clicked his tongue, before turning to his Maester. "I am going in anyways." He hissed. He would reach for his flute, closing his eyes as he pushed it against his lips.

The tune of the flute amidst the chaos was always an eerie, but the beast he summoned was worse. From the symbol that glowed on the floor, a beast of bone and mummified skin would rise. People screamed, backing away from the beast. It seemed to be the skeletal remains of a horse, with new bones attached to form wings along with feathers. The bones were of other creatures, and the feathers of different colors and patterns belonging to countless of bird species, mismatched together to make working wings. The beast would huff, turning to Arkane as the necromancer would approach. He climbed onto the back of the undead, makeshift pegasus. "I will see you inside." With that he played another tune, sending an order. He would grasp onto his beast as it would slam its hoofs down before taking off. Wings would spread as it took off flying, soaring in the air for a few moments before gliding over the wall. What Arkane witnessed was worse than he could have predicted, or anticipated.

Smoke and ash fell from the sky as fire ruled. It was only a matter of time before the entire place was absolutely consumed into nothing. Right in the center was where it all began, yet he could not tell what it was. He would look around, searching among his deck of cards for the right curses as he sorted out a plan of action. "I only have so many of these...argh." He complained. This just meant more work for him! What a bother! Regardless, he had work to do. The pegasus would fly down, aiding Arkane in moving around. Arkane would have to be picky. He needed to choose a place where the card could be held without burning. He would fly down by some of the firefighters, quickly handing one a card. "Hold this." He asked, and with that he flew off. The fire fighter would be holding the cursed card, merely watching as it began to glow, whispers surging from it as clouds began to form above. It was a simple curse of rain. Why was it a curse? Well...rain does tend to be a bad thing at times. There would be the sound of thunder, and soon enough dark clouds formed around a perimeter around the card, and rain began to fall, aiding in the putting out of the fire. But Arkane had to make it last. He would rush to one end of the rain perimeter, pulling out another card and using it against the rain. From it, usually disastrous winds would now push the rain in a perpendicular angle, covering more ground across the area. This would be a long day indeed.

---
d5gczyy-a82bfed6-17db-4b2e-9ef3-a094a451f817.jpg

Isabelle- Umbra- the Wall

The blood mage watched as Arkane went over the wall. “Well.. I suppose we are a court. And have our duties.” She then drew her longsword and took a vial of blood from her bag as she approached the base of the wall. She then splashed the blood horizontally. “Ill see you on the other side” she says to her fellow Umbra mages as stairs of ice began forming beneath her as she proceeded up the wall. She looked oddly excited by the turn of events.

Quinn “Oberon” -Vivifica- Valley of Magic

The servant’s eyes slowly scanned over Elliot. “Explain. Now” her voice was direct and strict. It exuded discipline and seemed to demand respect. Somewhat like that of a king.

Luka- Somnum- City Entry
“It would appear something big was happening... something the ignis mages could not contain. Should we fix their mistakes?” The researched peered over at Nero curiously. Her mind no longer on the Gloscan Crystal

Saffron- Train

Saffron sighed. “This is why I left... the whole court was going belly up. I told all of you... but you just shrugged me off” she muttered to herself as she listened to the Rumors about Vivifica

(Aquilla is removed from combat till brought back from unconsciousness)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back