• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Temple of Life

Jynn would overhear Mabel’s worries and stands from his seat, moving to her location, hand on the table so he did not trip over it. He wanted to say something to reassure her, but he could not find the words or actions to do so. This was a huge decision for the Priestess, and her life was now about to change, regardless what she was about to do. But Jynn perks his head to her when she asks if everyone will help her stop Aislinn if things get out of hand. He nods, though reluctantly. “I… I will…”

Before Mabel could finish her sentence, she was interrupted by the sound of thousands of wings flapping around them. Jynn could not see the illusion, but he knew something was going on, and it wasn’t good. He keeps close to Mabel and Gerik, bracing for an encounter will the assassin after the High Priestess. He looks around, but these birds that he is hearing are not being detected by him, sending him into a panic. But suddenly, Jynn picks up the auras of Vaike and Tibarn suddenly appearing. Given the fact that two random people have entered the room along with hundreds of birds, the mage assumes the worst. “Who are you?! And why are you after the Priestess?!” He materializes his sword and points it at them. He backs closer to Mabel.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vivifica Forest Temple -
Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Xion136 Xion136

Mabel looked rather apologetic for everything that was going on. Thea knew that this responsability was just too much for the young girl.
"There is no need to apologize, Mabel," Thea said as she looked at the High Priestess, "It seem that we put too much of a pressure in-"
Whatever Thea was about to say, it was interrupted by lots of ravens entering the room. Was this Aislinn's doing?
"Quick! Protect the Priestess. Do not let anything come near!"
The Heir of Vivifica was calling out to some unseen person, asking why they were after the priestess. And so Thea moved closer to Mabel in an attempt to keep her safe.

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: The Streets -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"It's alright, Elia, I understand your wish to protect your sister. Perhaps I would have done the same."
Diane put her arm over Elia's shoulders as they continue to walk towards the direction that the Lieutenant had given her. The day was slowly coming to an end and so they needed to hurry up. Onc ethey arrived at the their destination, Diane gave Elia one last look.
"If something goes out of control, go back to Vala," she said, "she'll know what to do, alright?"
And without any hesitation, Diane knocked on the door of the house.

(Incarose will need to wait, as I'm not feeling so good right now TwT)

- Yael/Nahum (Unaffiliated) – Temple of Life -
Yael kept his mouth shut, merely listening to the words given to them. The shapeshifter stayed close to Mabel, even when the others spoke and gave their own opinions. He did stick to his word and his thoughts that everyone needed a voice within this He understood the worry over the spirit realm, and while he hated the idea of opening it he had given his own opinions already. He frowned and gave her a soft gaze, opening is mouth to offer some words of comfort. He would try to support her- and yet they had othe rthings to worry about. The room around them were suddenly flodded with ravens. Yael hissed and quickly stuck close to Mabel, turning into a snake and slithering up her arm and neck, albeit being careful to not end up hurting her.

- Vincent (Ignis Court) – Vicus Elbii - Windmill House –
Vincent tried to help, but soon enough the women fell down like a couple of bricks over some books. This was a crapshow! He could feel his headache growing and his anxiety spiking. He was reaching a limit before he just lost it himself. "Oh my pleasure- Vlad what the actual FU-?!" He turned to scream at the mage once more, only to stop when it seemed that the old woman knew Pali. Now this. This was an unexpected development. He pushed Vlad out of the way. "Move." He demanded. Vlad's entrance, as fancy and impressive as it was, had pissed Vincent off. They could apologize to each other on a later date. But at the moment? They had more important things to do. He, because he was not raised in a farm, quickly began to fix the room. He helped Tekka's daughter up to her feet, picked up the books and formed a stack, fixed the chair- whatever he could get his hands on to make Tekka's daughter hate them less from all of the stress they had brought over. "Pali. You know her?' He asked, staring at the man with a glare that could kill. "You heard of the spirits of the first court too, then? Hopefully you have not been hiding something from us?"

Tekkanororia - Author of the journals. She encountered the Wraiths but was not believed by the court elders.

Valley of Magic - Where mages are laid to rest. The area is known for being a natural ground for Itika.

Wraiths of the First Court - Encountered by Tekkanororia. They claim to be from the first court. They are very powerful. The Elders of the Courts deny their existence.

Elia - Was tormented by a voice of a man and possessed momentarily by him.

"He said strange things, like souls granting him the power of rebirth. How the people would pay for their betrayal."

"...my magic would suffice his needs..."

VESSELS (For the First Court members???)
  • Pali Noirtier (Caelum? Note: He says that it's the name of his ancestor.)
  • Iseult Mylis
  • Elia Cabret (?)
  • Aislinn Nosferi
  • Vlad Von Redir (Former vessel. Ref. Ballad of the Butcher)
  • Tibarn Llang
  • Absalom Sagus
THOUGHTS
Souls are trying to be reborn in 'vessels' by possessing them to accomplish their agenda. What do they want? Revival?
Who were these members of the first courts?
Maybe Aislinn is also being possessed? It could explain the unexpected behavior.

Very powerful wraiths of the first court ⟶ powerful enough to possess people ⟶ said possessed are known as Vessels (People who are suitable for possession) ⟶ Reason: Revenge (?) ⟶ Profit (?)
- Arkane (Umbra Court) – Caravans: Vivifica Forest–
Arkane thought on it. "It was a happy childhood." He admitted. "Death is the one thing that comes for everyone and everything regardless of your power or position. Sure I faced it every day, but I learned early what it meant. Other than the profession I had never been happier." Honestly? His childhood was beyond idyllic. It was only after his powers began to manifest and he began to learn how harshly people saw death and undeath that things began to become rocky. It was only after his parents died and the community turned their backs on him that his old life finally came to an end. "They would have, but they are no longer in this world." He admitted, looking back at Kiran. "A terrible plague ravaged our village, and my parents were dutiful in giving those who passed a proper burial. Yet, in the very end, they succumbed to it as well. I was...um...10 I believe?" The villagers didn't even do much of what his parents originally did. They did not change their clothes to something appropriate, and instead let Arkane be the one to wash them before being entombed in the family mausoleum. As an adult...he did not blame them anymore. Arkane's powers were developing in such a state, and being raised around the dead, he had a very different view of death and life than others. Therefore the few incidents when he ended up reviving the dead to make others 'happy'...yeah, as a normal person he would have kept his distance too. "There is one thing that the dead cannot do." He admitted, removing the red string from Kiran's hands and back into his. Arkane proceeded to use the string to tie it back against his hair, in the same way as before. "They do not judge you." They do not abandon you as long as you had the power to keep them. Arkane shook his head. He had more important things to worry about. He frowned and glared at Eclaire and at Kiran. "I am not. This is the location of the enemy and they have dragged Mabel in the mouth of the wolf! It is not I do not trust the Maesters it is just...well...It has been rather long..." And no one has gone in or out to let them know anything. "Eclaire can you enter the place? I will face the consequences but the sun is already setting and they cannot possibly expect us to just camp out here when they could have done anything to them inside!"

–The Temple of Life -- Council Room–
Xion136 Xion136 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Elrandir Elrandir , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Jynn would notice one of the auras go stock-still, and even flicker, while the other lifted an arm, cocking a gun and pointing it at Jynn.

"It's actually quite simple, young'in," Tibarn spoke gruffly, still remaining on the outskirts of the room. "We need something that you have, and we will take it by force if needed. But, hope it doesn't come to that. I really don't like hurting people." If Jynn made any movement, or reacted violently at all, Tibarn would proceed to fire a bullet square in Jynn's left shoulder. A warning shot: not to kill, but to seriously injure, and hopefully slow down.

To the others, if they had spotted Vaike at all, they would find that he had vanished, with Jynn only being able to see the aura slowly making its way around the outer wall of the council room.

Mabel let out a scream as the ravens soared at her head, causing her to crouch on the ground and cover her head, unknowing that the creatures were merely an illusion.

(Aislinn is with Eden, Daruk, and Vallery, Xion136 Xion136 , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII )

–Vivifica Forest, Mage Caravan–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136

Tears beaded in the corners of Kiran's eyes, his heart filling with sorrow for his master. He could tell by his expression that he had suffered much, and that there was more to the story, unspoken.

"They were very lucky to have a son like you," Kiran said, offering Arkane a sorrowful smile. "I don't know them, but even I know that they must be proud in the afterlife, somewhere out there."

The sun was dipping further and further below the horizon, and the evening air started to grow cold. Kiran shivered, gripping his coat more tightly around him. He turned his gaze toward Eclaire, wondering what the catgirl would agree to. Would she open the gate, violating the trust of Vivifica and potentially be the sole reason for starting a war? He didn't know, but he was eager to find out.

–Vicus Elbii–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Thanny Thanny , Elrandir Elrandir

Tessa glanced up at Vincent's gentle touch, eyes widened in surprise. Whether it be at the entire ordeal, or the fact that he was helping her, remained uncertain. She gratefully rose to her feet with his aid, brushing her dress off and letting out a loud sigh.

"This is why we don't often have visitors," she said, flabbergasted. Her cheeks were flushed and underneath one of her eyes was reddening and becoming swollen. She would likely develop a black eye the next day from the ordeal. She began to turn on heel.

"I'm going to make some nice chamomile and valerian tea. Goodness knows that we all need to calm down."

With that, she left the mages with her mother, stomping into the kitchen to put on a pot of hot water.

Meanwhile, Tekkanororia was smiling dreamily up at Pali, hands cupping his smooth cheeks and caressing them gently. A rather creepy sight, considering this woman was well in her seventies, if not eighty, and Pali appeared to be roughly twenty years of age.

"How did you do it?" she whispered softly, inspecting his face for any trace of age, any wrinkle. "I'm an old hag, and you haven't aged a day since we met. I want to know the secret! Is it Itika?"

–Sanctus Heights: The Streets–
Elrandir Elrandir

Elia nestled her head against Diane's shoulder, her short black hair standing on end from the static of Diane's clothes. Her violet eyes lit up at the sight of Elena Damora's house, her footsteps light and hopeful. She followed the lich to the front door, waiting patiently to see if anyone would answer.

After several moments, nothing, not even the creak or groan of a floorboard inside. Elia decided to take a turn knocking on the door, pounding on wooden door and pressing her ear against the crack, hoping to make out some source of life inside.

"Doesn't seem like anyone's home," Elia murmured, disappointed. "I guess today was a bust, wasn't it?"

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII

Jynn gritted his teeth, from Tibarn’s aura, he could tell the bounty hunter had a weapon in his hand. The mage remains motionless, but nervous, keeping his own weapon pointed at Tibarn. “You liar! You claim you don’t want to hurt anyone, but you came here to kill the high priestess. Do you think we are fools?” Jynn takes a moment, looking down, thinking about Thea’s words earlier. His eyes shift back to Tibarn, still maintaining his position. “If there is a misunderstanding, you best speak up now!”

But Jynn’s concentration breaks, Mabel lets out a loud scream, spooking the mage, causing him to drop his sword. The sound of the metal sword impacting the ground reverberates loudly across the room, dissipating once it stops bouncing. Jynn looks back, noticing Mabel on the ground, covering her head, afraid. His heart races, now that he has no weapon in his hands, knowing Tibarn was probably going to shoot him the first instant he tries to call back his sword.

Jynn backs slightly closer to Mabel and the others, keeping his attention to Tibarn. But it would appear the bounty hunter did not come alone. Jynn picks up the aura of Vaike slowly making his way to the group of mages. Jynn’s eyes shift between Tibarn and Vaike. “If you are not here to hurt anyone, then I’d suggest you tell your accomplice over there to freeze, and state your reasons for being here!”

Saffron-Bounty Hunters- Temple of Life
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII

Saffron, Not being one to idely chatter, loaded 3 shells into her gun and dashed in through the doors, running past Tibarn and Vaike. She made a swift move towards the priestess. She was using the chaos created by the birds to mask her swift approach. The loaded shells contained wind magic which she intended to use to seperate the target from her guards. She was in a room full of skilled mages so Saffron knew she needed to be light on her feet and she needed to push herself beyond her limits. She had to give it her all, even intending to use everything Arno had taught her, just a little more nonleathal.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, at the entrance to the derelict house on the hill of Vicus Elbii -

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster RikuXIII RikuXIII Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir

To be surprised by the maelstrom of chaotic events around him -- that was something which felt quite nice and normal to the Umbra mage here. However, to be poked and prodded by a seventy-something-year-old marriage candidate from fifty or so years ago . . . well, that was something else entirely. The sensations, while not unpleasant, were foreign, and Pali hated foreign sensations. He fought off the urge to shudder and concentrated on being as stony as a statue without the unpleasantness of actually being stone. His wish was granted.

Pali felt his age at times, but now that he observed what he could have been without the blessings he merited he felt considerably vibrant. She was still hoping for him to accept the marriage proposal after all this time. She had a fine dedication, though one he would have to shelve once again.

Vincent, on the other hand, was quite the firebrand now, having pushed far past tiredness. If this was how he handled stress with all-nighters, the irritability would surely be a hindrance than a benefit.

"Detective," he said, giving a cold stare back, "naturally I have heard of this event, though I was skeptical at the time. Tekka and I are old colleagues, and at he time partakers of some vices in the foolishness of youth. I figured it difficult to believe at the time, though journals tell more masticated words than standard conversation."

Next he looked back at the older woman, raising a hand to capture hers with all the tenderness he could muster.

"My dear Irasbeth, I am sorry, but I will have to request yet more time. While I would adore the thought of catching up, work sent us here for an important reason: the strong possibility you were right." He looked at her intently, sorrowfully, pausing on words that he already calculated for emphatic effect. "My Ignis colleague, that fine gentleman who was likely asking you questions, has discerned unsettling news recently. We have suspects for vessels. We worry events will tend toward that dark path few dare navigate. We need your help, as the world may rest on your findings."

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, within a meeting at the Temple of Life -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Daruk was strangely quiet throughout the trip down the many hallways and into Vallery's place of rest, though he did pay attention to everything as best as he was able. Davide was a name he had never heard throughout the years. Perhaps the census, living records, or genealogies would be handy in finding out more, but without a surname they could turn up almost anything rather than anything specific. However, the subject of necromancy turned his head sharply for him. His eyes locked onto Aislinn's.

"You heard it too? I know enough to know some command words. It only occurs with those who were practised upon with necromancy." He looked down next toward Vallery. "Then does that mean this unfortunate girl was subjected to necromancy? It troubles my mind, as I am sure it troubles yours, Maestra." With a harrumph, he stuffed his hands into his pockets and tilted his head. "I believe our companion here would know more. I think I recall her from Umbra Court."

Zion de Wynter - Vivifica- Meeting Room

The Archmage's wings erupted. She crossed through the storm of crows and placed herself besides Mabel, a holy blade forming in her hand. She firmly - but gently - grasped Mabel's arm as she knelt down, wing over the Priestess.
"It's Zion. The Archmage. Breathe, girl! Just breathe!" She said. Unfortunately for her, Eden was the illusion expert. She was not. Her hand grasped tighter on her radiant sword, raising it defensively. Focus on keeping Mabel safe...ignore everything else. The mages here could and would protect themselves - but Mabel was not as such, to her knowledge. Aislinn had left them in her care. What a time to leave her in charge...

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Mage Caravan

Eclaire looked at them all. She indeed could enter Vivifica...she had not been cast out but had, during the fiasco, left for Umbra out of confusion and fear. Now she stood here, so much time (to her) later...and as the sun began to drop, Eclaire raised a hand.
"It's been too long without anyone sending word. And..and I have a bad feeling. I don't know why. But it's bad." She closed her eyes, and willed the path to Vivifica open for her once more....

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Yael/Nahum (Unaffiliated) – Temple of Life -
Nahum would remain by Mabel's side in his snake form, the chaos around them causing panic and hysteria for the prietess and the mages that scrambled to have order once more. Jynn was threatened by a man, and more and more people were coming in to make their own moves on the situation. The shapeshifter would hiss loudly at Tibarn, only to watch Saffron approach, practically appearing out of nowhere as the crows had hidden her approach like shadows. She was too quick, ad even with Zion next to Mabel, Saffron had something in her hands that he was not particularly fond of. The mage's eyes narrowed in his snake form and would suddenly launch himself from Mabel straight to Saffron, transforming midway. From the smoke, Saffron would not see a snake emerge...but a goat. A large goat with thundering horns that aimed to headbutt Saffron right between the eyes with all of the might of having launched itself from Mabel's side to the enemy.

- Vincent (Ignis Court) – Vicus Elbii - Windmill House –
Vincent sighed, gently holding the bridge of his nose. "I thank you and I apologize greatly for all of this." His attention returned to Tekka and Pali. At least his presence had brought some semblance of order back to the chaos that mister edgelord had originally caused. "To say that we have a few vessels is a small understatement." He muttered, picking up the notes that he had collected. "We can confirm Elia as a vessel due to the possession, which led to the chain of events regarding the automaton. Diane can confirm further. You Pali, and yourself, Vlad, are also noted down as possible vessels, albeit it has been noted that Vlad is considered a former one due to a ballad?" He asked, flipping through the pages. "Truly? The most concerning name on this list that I have recovered would be Aislinn Nosferi, considering that she is the current leader of the Vivifica Court. If that is the case that she has already been possessed, it would explain her sudden shift of behavior in regards to the court in the short amount of time recently." He explained, gesturing at the notes. They still had so many missing pieces. They had all of the edges of of the puzzle, but nothing in the middle to connect them. "And yet with all of these lists, confirmation of possession, eyewitness accounts, and written accounts...we do not have much proof to persuade the courts in any way, do we? The most we can do is attempt to alert the team that has headed to the Vivifica Court to warn them about this possibility but I do not have any means to do so, and I do not know if we have anyone with us that could possibly do that. Or that they would believe us in the end." He looked over at Tekka. "I was hoping that beyond your journals, you could have had more information. Anything that could have not been written down or strayed your pen at the time. But if you have already written everything down...the only way I can consider in confirming all of this is by visiting the valley of magic ourselves. Yet...we have no way. No time! Our priority should be to try to contact the team within the Vivifica Court, and hope that they will take our word with some belief."

It seems they were at an impass. Should Tekka not have anything beyond of what was already written, besides her confirmation and the denial of the courts, there were only a fw things that they could do in Vincent's eyes;
  • Contact Diane back at Sanctus Heights, and relay the information. Hope that she had already found something, or could persuade the church to open up about the information with enough pressure and blame.
  • Contact the Vivifica envoy, and relay the information of the possible possession of Aislinn in regards to what they did know, and hope that the Maestras and Maesters would take it with enough grain of salt to at least look into it.
  • Visit the Valley of Magic and investigate it themselves, but the location was too far away for the possible limited amount of time they could have on their hands.
"The court elders pushed away these warnings that are becoming more and more damning by the passing day. If they know something...they might have the key we have been running around searching for all of this time."

Tekkanororia - Author of the journals. She encountered the Wraiths but was not believed by the court elders.

Valley of Magic - Where mages are laid to rest. The area is known for being a natural ground for Itika.

Wraiths of the First Court - Encountered by Tekkanororia. They claim to be from the first court. They are very powerful. The Elders of the Courts deny their existence.

Elia - Was tormented by a voice of a man and possessed momentarily by him.

"He said strange things, like souls granting him the power of rebirth. How the people would pay for their betrayal."

"...my magic would suffice his needs..."

VESSELS (For the First Court members???)
  • Pali Noirtier (Caelum? Note: He says that it's the name of his ancestor.)
  • Iseult Mylis
  • Elia Cabret (?)
  • Aislinn Nosferi
  • Vlad Von Redir (Former vessel. Ref. Ballad of the Butcher)
  • Tibarn Llang
  • Absalom Sagus
THOUGHTS
Souls are trying to be reborn in 'vessels' by possessing them to accomplish their agenda. What do they want? Revival?
Who were these members of the first courts?
Maybe Aislinn is also being possessed? It could explain the unexpected behavior.

Very powerful wraiths of the first court ⟶ powerful enough to possess people ⟶ said possessed are known as Vessels (People who are suitable for possession) ⟶ Reason: Revenge (?) ⟶ Profit (?)
- Arkane (Umbra Court) – Caravans: Vivifica Forest–
Arkane was surprised when he heard Kiran offer him words of comfort. Were those tears in his eyes? He quickly raised a brow and then a hand to wave at the man. "Thank you. Such reassurance is kind of you to provide." He hoped so. Ironically, his parents were the one pair of souls he had not touched nor sought after in his time as a necromancer...almost afraid of getting attached to what cannot be brought back. Which could lead to some very dangerous thoughts, and that was something that Arkane actively wished to avoid. Regardless, his attention turned to Eclaire, as it seemed that she had the same thoughts as him. There was far too long for no one to show up and at least alert them of the situation, much less let them know that they should probably start camping or be invited inside. "Finally some sense. Please Eclaire, try and open it up if you can?" He requested, sounding genuinely patient and actually reasonable for once as he stepped closer to her and the possible entrance. "If there are any complaints I will take the consequences. What will they do? Arrest me? I'd like to see them try." He huffed, his fingers twirling a strand of hair. He was already feeling fidgety.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vivifica Forest Temple -
Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Xion136 Xion136

"On your feet, Mabel! We will protect you, everyone here will!" Thea said to Mabel, as she tried to get the girl back up, "Everyone here will make sure you are safe, but you have to be brave right now. Show them that you are not afraid."

Thea listened to Jynn as he spoke to whoever was in there with them. 2 possible unknown enemies hiding. With that information in hand, Thea did the only sensible thing she could think off in the moment, she casted a protective barrier around the priestess, one of her signature spheres of ice, this one however would allow allies to enter and exit at will, while keeping hostiles on the outside, by means of the state of water changing from solid ice to water if one wanted to go in or out.

"Is it the High Priestess that you wish to get? So much that you dared to enter into the court in such a manner!?"

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: The Streets -

No one answered the door, that was strange, were the people inside already asleep? It was getting late so it was possible.

"It does seem that way, young one . . . however," Diane's voice trailed off, "I cannot shake the feeling something feels off"

The lich took a look of the home, finding any window where she could could take a look inside to see if everything was fine.

"Wait here Elia, I will take a look around the house. If you see anything suspicious, call for me and I will come running back."

Diane then slowly made her way around the house, taking a look at any window that offered a look inside the house, checking if any of them were open or if it looked as if anyone was inside.

- Incarose Vassar - Ignis Court - Vicus Elbii -
Thanny Thanny Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

So, Miss Tekkanororia knew Pali, somehow. Vlad had appeared out of nowhere and made a tense situation a little more tense, but now everything was somewhat alright.

"Um . . . Uh . . . I-I will help you with that tea, Miss Tessa, if you don't mind,"

Incarose was a little overwhelmed by the events of the day. A dullahan going crazy, almost falling from the sky, Vlad appearing out of nowhere, and Pali being way older than he looked. She didn't thought that being part of a court meant being in the center of such amount of crazy things happening all at once. She had to take a few deep breaths as she followed Tessa to the kitchen.

"I was not expecting this," she muttered to herself, "did I made a mistake? was it wrong for me to . . .Oh! Sorry! What can I help you with, Miss Tessa? Whatever you need." she said with a smile.

- Vlad - An Ever Growing Kerfuffle - Vicus Elbii -

Vlad's arrival into the household had the preferred reactions as far as he was concerned, he certainly was noticed by everyone, but that ended with the old lady whacking him with...surprising strength for someone so old, and then subsequently being punched by a sleep deprived detective. Vincent on the other hand would feel as if he had punched a sandbag, Vlad would recoil and react albeit not fully, simply jerking himself back into place with a smug grin, and Vincent's hand would be either bruised or hurting quite a bit as a result. Be it any normal person taking a punch like that they could even have been knocked out cold! But who knows, maybe he'd find a contender in the pub next door, unfortunately Vlad wasn't any normal man.

"Nice to see you too...VIncy" Vlad said, putting in a hurt intonation but one could tell it was one hundred percent sarcasm behind his voice. "And nice to see the old woman still got some kick in her" He smirked.

What would happen next is that the others would exchange notes and ask questions, Pali would speak to her, then Vincent, Vlad would simply lean against a wall and wait his turn. He did however, perk up when the lady said that he was possessed. He let out an honest to god laughter out before his expression turned into a deep frown that would freeze even the most steadfast Ignis mage. "They can try...too bad they can't." Vlad would reaffirm his standing with almost an authoritative and sure tone, his voice betraying his usual carefree demeanor. "I was possibly possessed in the past by a spirit, yes. But no longer am I it's vessel...if I was some of you might've been dead already." Vlad spoke, still with a low serious tone betraying his normal persona clearly this wasn't him jesting or poking fun anymore. Before he sunk into the shadows in the corner of the room again, this time quickly materializing and reappearing beside Vincent again. "This boy can tell, I'm as harmless as a baby". Vlad reassured, his sarcastic tone getting back to him as he leaned on Vincent's shoulder.

"The Elders hide a lot, I found this on their basement". Vlad would also show Vincent the book he found in the Cathedral's basement, the one with the strange locales not pictured in any official maps and among it's other notes for him to peruse. "I'd call foul play, but we're so deep in the shite that we can't even seem to get anywhere" Vlad reaffirmed, almost mockingly about the situation.

"if Aislinn is a vessel then we're even deeper in, thing is all the Maester and their crew must already be there talking to her right now. It's been weeks since they left...I think at this rate we might have better luck taking it straight to the elders". Vlad said cocking another smirk. "Luckily you have someone capable of literally diving into shadows to get to them...but i'm sure you'd rather walk...wouldn't you vincy?"

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Thanny Thanny

- Arno Cross - Bounty Hunter - Vivifican Court - Assault -

Things had certainly escalated, Arno had climbed the rafters to get a bird's eye view of the meeting and assess the situation from above, but it seems his allies did not indeed follow that mindset. As soon as some of the members of said meeting left, some among them: Daruk, Richter, Aislinn and some more. Vaike saw that as the best time to strike with a illusion of a swarm of crows. Which was neat he'd have to admit, but rather reckless.

Tibarn had already made his move, so did Saffron. Arno was tempted to let this play out support from up top but they'd need his help down below. "Damn." was the one and only word Arno muttered as his friends blew their cover. Before they could reach the High priestess, who he could only surmise was the brown haired girl cowering in fear amongst her peers to be her. Thea Nero, Maestra of the Somnus court created an ice barrier around her that would prevent them from getting in.

It was a good thing Arno was very good at cracking things open, be them domes or magical shields, one of the most common things rogue mages he'd get sent to hunt used them, and all of them, including the most tough ones, would fall to this one little trick. Single or double point pressure.

Arno's left eye would glow as a faint trail of magic could be seen following it as he jumped down from the rafters. Concentrating in his heightened state of awareness Arno pulled out the two things he needed his Lever Action Rifle and his Katana. Channeling fire magic into the katana would superheat the blade, as he would fall and stab the sword directly on top of Thea Nero's ice dome, taking the brunt of the fall's impact into trying to get the blade as deep in as possible, Ice would give way to a heated blade somewhat, even if wouldn't pierce it fully, he only needed to do enough damage to a single spot, and the entire thing's physical integrity would crumble, much like how a glass dome crumbles if any point in it cracks, or a frozen lake begins cracking as soon as a part of it breaks. To reinforce this idea Arno would also, with his other hand put the Lever Action Rifle's Barrel right on top of the spot his sword was in, and channeling magic into it, most specifically gravity magic, Arno would fire a concentrated blast of heavy gravity magic into the same spot the sword was in. Damaging the dome further or at least inputting even more pressure into it. No doubt the mage who made it was strong...but something like this no doubt would prove a constant problem to deal with.

If, this approach did not outright crack the ice barrier. It would at least severely weaken it against his allie's attacks from other directions, as extra points of simultaneous and constant damage would further damage it.

Elrandir Elrandir Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Xion136 Xion136

- Henry - An interesting Development - Vivifica Court Gate -

Hours after Daruk and the other Maesters had entered the court to converse, leaving the rest of the caravan at the gates for...a decently long time. Henry would occupy himself by conjuring weapons made of a mixture of Fire and Light to keep himself busy, chat with Makoto and mostly keep to himself. After a while he resolved to Meditate the rest of the way, simply sitting atop a log with his eyes closed as he let his mind wander...recalling his earlier experiences and what he had learned in the Forest TItan's fight, that he wasn't good enough, mostly.

However most of his mediation would be interrupted by a certain someone. The Umbra Mage known as Arkane, with at first making comments, then complaints, then whining, then circling with back to commenting on the High priestess. Henry was patient but even this was getting on his nerves. It all culminated as Arkane asked for Eclaire to let him in.

To this Henry quickly perked up, and his voice would boom behind both Arkane and Eclaire as Henry moved to stand behind them, a few feet away, not threateningly, but certainly with a strong tone and posture behind his action. "Wait."

"I understand you're both worried, but consider that entering the court, under explicit orders and advice not to, into where those of the court were most likely told to be wary of anyone entering after them. You two entering could very well throw this entire negotiation into the air and ruin everything. Even start a war, something that we're trying to avoid." Henry reaffirmed, his tone dead set. He would lock eyes with both Eclaire and Arkane if he needed to, glaring at them if needed. Before sighing and stepping forward.
"...If you're going in, you need a better excuse than you simply getting attached to Mabel, Arkane.". Henry would speak, steadfast and sure of what he said.

"This isn't something you can just do on a whim, we don't have the authority to throw around and do as we want like this.". "Are you two sure, you're going in?"

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Elrandir Elrandir

Jynn was taken by surprise by Saffron’s sudden appearance, and things started to go south. He stayed close to Mabel, but he notices Zion’s approach, giving him a sense of comfort that someone he’s familiar with is here to help. Yeal suddenly jumps off Mabel’s neck and transforms into a goat, attempting to ram Saffron, and Thea conjures an icy shield around Mabel, protecting the priestess and anyone nearby, such as Jynn and Zion.

But he was quick to regain his focus, now noticing Aron’s presence. Jynn looks down to Mabel, kneeling and places his free hand on her back. “Mabel! Are you going to be okay? You gotta stay brave!” He faces back to the bounty hunters before hearing Arno’s (unbeknownst to him) magic hitting a hard surface.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back