• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
- Vlad - Sanctus Heights - Lieutenant's home -

Vlad folded his arms and brought a hand to his chin as Vincent gave him his argument, taking it to the church could see the contents confiscated, and hidden forever. But they also couldn't stay here, especially with this sensitive information. "Whoever was after the Lieutenant is probably after the contents of his research, in which case they probably know about his home...that means we can't really stay here, and going to the inn, while it would provide some privacy...well, it's not really secure." Vlad pondered for a second. As he looked at the cat for a few seconds. He didn't know the Lieutenant had a cat...and if this was a domestic home cat, how come it was so sociable? This was rather fishy.

Turning back to Vincent. Before an idea came to him. "You know what. I think we could go to the church...but not give the stuff to them." Vlad began to speak again. "We could go into the church's library, I think if we want to dig deeper into this...I bet the library has some contents we could compare the stuff with." Vlad suggested. To an outside eye they were just books, and the library in the church were quiet and safe enough for them to study in.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, with Shiroo in the Grand Cathedral of Sanctus Heights -

Jari sighed as he peeled himself away from the doorway, soundly defeated. His ear was no longer pressed against the solid wood, but he was still hanging around just in the efforts of hearing more. There was nothing. The conversation led to nothing nowhere fast, and he wondered partially if Kagura was knowledgeable about him being on the other side of the door. Maybe that was the reason, if not just Kagura being lost in thought all alone. That heartened him a little. Maybe that would be enough to keep him satiated. But then there was the slam of a door nearby and the maid speaking to--

Oh no, Shiroo! He recognised the figure of his cousin in the gloom of the hall. If it was someone else he might be able to fool someone easily, but his cousin?

He managed to withhold a yelp that would have alerted Kagura and the elder of his presence outside and oozed away from the doorway so as not to attract suspicion, but depending on how long he had been hanging around. If he saw the whole matter of him trying to snoop . . . no, that would be coming to too strong a conclusion for now. Best to stick to the matter at hand in as calm and cool a manner as possible.

Ychera was all the while silent, merely watching and biding her time. She did not have time to deal with the trivialities of foolish youth, but she kept an eye out just in case.

When the conversation had ended between Shiroo and the maid, Jari waved back in like manner to his cousin, meeting him halfway and keeping himself from yelping upon the clap on his shoulder.

"It, ah, it goes well, Shiroo, or as well as it can be," he answered, which is the truth considering he dodged death not even half an hour ago upon confronting the intruder in his room. Even then he kept his mouth sealed regarding it, but for what reason he did not know. Maybe it was the current situation. "Yeah, we haven't talked much for a while, just passed glances since we arrived, I think, or at least I've been looking your way, but, um, what do you mean? I have nothing too pertinent to mention."

He looked back, more confused than guilty, though he felt that way too. Could it be that Shiroo really was hanging around for a while and spied him being at the portal between rooms for some time? His mind ran through the possibilities again, and this time he did not keep himself in check enough to hide his worry. If his cousin considered him a snoop, he would never live it down!

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, with others in the Elvenwind on a witch hunt, in Sanctus Heights -

Pali looked at Aquilla, expectant of some grand scheme from the girl that he had not thought of, and then witnessed the girl handcuff the man with ice and bring him into a closed room. Well, shucks, he could have done that too and with quite the efficiency with ensnaring (and living) wooden beams, seemingly his specialty as of late, but in terms of ingenuity -- at least in Pali's eyes -- Aquilla seemed to lack greatly. He huffed in response and shook his anciently young head as he perused the contents of this shop to distract himself with the new fashions. This sleepwear . . . how was this worn? Ah, that's how. He had to marvel how over the course of a handful of scores of years, even without magic, weavers have made such unique weaves and fabrics.

- Daruk Mortem, Ignis Court, Aeternalis, "It says peace talks have broken down. Now we do it our way." -

Daruk tried to keep his figure imposing and powerful, the fire flaring out in several directions with flames dancing wildly. Flames even danced across his beard, purposely not setting it fully ablaze but creating a more dramatic flair like Blackbeard of old with his candles, but none of these techniques worked properly in the face of something as horrific as the snap of rock and branch from Yael's direction. He onlooked with a tinge of surprise and a great amount of worry as the earthen Gargantua approached ever closer.

The ensnaring of a tree caught his eye, almost too late as he dodged in the wrong direction and flared his fire out omni-directionally again, like what he did with the vines intent upon ensnaring him. It worked well against the looser materials like twigs and leaves, but the top portion of the tree, namely a branch in the leafy section, smote him powerfully in the side enough to interfere with the tree's arc, and he snarled in pain as he bounced to the side and fought for recovery. That would definitely leave a mark the next morning, he thought to himself, though he was certain something broke beyond skin. Maybe a rib or two, but that will not stop ol' Daruk, no sirree, he again thought.

"You've asked for this, then, beasty, " Daruk snarled, a little weaker than his previous outright booming voice. "I'm going to turn your colossal corpse into a hot spring! Gerik, watch and learn and, for all that's holy, step back!"

The flames started to leave his body with the exception of his feet, gathering around his closed fists in two rings of fire about a meter in diameter and held in bands about five centimeters thick. Sweat dotted his forehead as he launched himself forward, keeping the blazing rings thin before launching them at the forest titan in front of himself, appearing to it as circles aimed for its stomach, explosive bursts intended on only one direction: backward. If the titan dodged, they will soar upward until they dissipate. If the titan blocked, quite the amount of force will probably tear it free from the ground it stood on.

Whether or not it dodged or blocked, he will attempt to follow its course and send his good leg home into its torso, with a concentrated plasma ball the size of a ball bearing just below his foot. "Grapeshot" it was called because of its size, but it had some impressive destructive power.

Embedding the grapeshot would be the toughest part if the creature was able to prevent him from doing a clean execution. If not able to be done, the damage will be afflicted in both directions: Daruk's and the giant's, and that . . . that would be bad. While concentrated, it will not explode towards the townsfolk, but it would potentially do a lot to Daruk's injured form.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Lieutenant's Home -
Vincent nodded at him. He looked down at the books, furrowing his brows. "We will have to read all of these journals. To make sure we do not miss anything. At least we can narrow down the fact that the Valley of Magic might have more secrets than what the court already knows." He picked up another journal. "The church library does sound like a good place to start. But would they have the information we need?...well it won't hurt to look." He sighed, looking at the amount of journals. They might need to pack these up in a neater way for transport than just carrying them. He turned to Vlad and pointed at his shadows. "Think your shadows can be shaped to make a bag for these books or something? Otherwise we might need to find a box to carry these in." He said, sighing as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Maybe we can rope in Arun to help us if he isn't busy with the search...oh fuck the search." He gently rubbed his temples. "I do not think that they could have found that blue haired man, and we have been following a rabbit hole ourselves." Well. They had to do what they could. "Lets head back to the cathedral."

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral–

2nd Floor: Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136

A frown crossed Shiroo's brow. Was it his imagination, or did Jari seem distressed? He pretended not to notice his cousin acting uncharacteristically, instead keeping a straight face as Jari responded to his inquiry. Jari's gaze betrayed him, though, when he glanced toward the door and back again. Shiroo's eyes followed the direction that Jari had been observing, before he shook his head and sighed.

"Listen, Jari . . . . It's okay. You're my cousin; our mothers are sisters. You would still be my family no matter what, and I'd love you just the same. My question is . . . why hide it? Why not let the world know how you feel? It's something that I think would be nice to let other people know, otherwise it can kind of just get awkward, y'know?"

He opened his mouth more, then closed it to remain silent. Sometimes he had a way of talking too much, and wanted to give Jari a moment to collect his thoughts and direct the conversation if he so wished it.

1st Floor: Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Elrandir Elrandir

If Vincent, Vlad, and Diane chose to leave the lieutenant's home, they would find their journey back to the cathedral rather eventless. Upon their return they would find a pair of servants ripping up the torn, stained carpet on the stairs leading up to the second floor, while Viola, the maid whom they saved the day prior, would greet them enthusiastically.

"Mages! Welcome!" She smiled warmly. "Can I get you anything?"

–Sanctus Heights: Streets–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir

"Well," Everyth started, glancing down and checking her nails for imperfections. "I do know that Pali ran off on a wild goose chase to search for blue-haired men. What he intends to do with his collection, I do not know, except maybe add them to his existing collection of undead servants. That man no knows bounds."

She shrugged her shoulders, bringing her gaze to Arun's. They were nearly at eye level with one another, Everyth being rather tall for a woman. "But that is neither here nor there. Heading back to the cathedral? I might as well join you guys. I'm trying to help townsfolk, but one look at an Umbra mage and they cower. Unlike you Ignis mages, I feel that us of the Umbra Court are more feared than celebrated."

The raven-haired mage would step aside, allowing Incarose and Arun to lead the way to wherever they decided to wind up.

–Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind Exotic Wares Shop–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Thanny Thanny , Elrandir Elrandir , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

While Aquilla questioned the blue-haired man in the bathroom, the others remained in Vala's shop. Kolm tried not to carefully scrutinize the garments for sale, though did notice that Pali was poking around. He inwardly snickered as the elder mage seemed to carefully scrutinize a garment–which he believed to be a corset with garters–though besides the quiet smile on his lips he didn't outwardly show his amusement. He glanced over at Vala sheepishly, wondering what she would think of them taking up her store without the intention of purchasing something.

–Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams–
Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Xion136 Xion136

The woman's life was spared, the flames leaving cruel burns in its wakes but nothing too scarring or detrimental, thanks to Henry consuming the flames between himself and her. As a result, however, he was ensnared by the vines and brought forth.

As Henry sent the blast toward titan #3's forehead, forest titan #2 stomped over. Bringing its heavy fist of rock and bark in the air, it attempted to bring it heavily down upon Henry, potentially knocking the sunlight mage to the ground. At the very least, this would be enough for the hammer's attack not to have the impact it should've, landing on the branches jutting out from its head. These splintered and broke away, but the titan was able to remain intact. Thanks to the intervention of titan #3, the dagger missed its target. Thus, the fire slashing combo would not have successfully landed.

Entirely distracted by trying to save his friend Titan #3 and attempting to knock Henry in the head, Yael went unnoticed as he slithered up the titan's arm and around his body. As Yael would attempt to bite his head, however, he would be met with extreme resistance from a solid substance after about an inch into the bite. Thus, he might find it difficult to get his fangs out of the bark. The titan, however, seemed unharmed. It swatted, attempting to rid himself of Yael but not really doing a great job with aim.

Titan #3 let out a roar, moving toward Henry and titan #2 as quickly as it could (which wasn't very fast, but was enough to send a thunderous boom through the clearing and shake the ground. Using a nearby dead tree, it wielded it like a sword and swung it laterally toward Henry.

Meanwhile, Titan #5 staring down the burning chakrams of fire that charged straight at him. He dodged left, missing one as it went soaring into the sky, dissipating like a beacon of light that dispersed into the cloudy night sky. The other seared him, right through its chest, leaving a scorch mark and indent where the flaming circle landed. Yet it didn't sear completely through. It let out a moaning "NUUUUUUUUUOOOOOH!" sound as it was knocked of its feet and sent flying fifteen yards away, not too far from where Makoto, the Aeternalis elder, and the corpse of titan #1 rested.

When Daruk would think all was peaceful, however, he would see vines rushing toward him, attempting to once more wrap around his and Gerik's ankles. Unoriginal, these titans, but hefty in terms of tolerance to damage.

–Vita City: Prisons–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Kiran tilted his head to the side, a mirth smile stretching his lips. "Ah, but I already owe you a favor for getting involved and saving my life!" He lifted a finger and got closer to Arkane. "Unless you are telling me that I now owe you two favors? I guess I cannot really complain, especially since I like you."

After healing Eleanor's hands, he surveyed them carefully, before nodding to the woman and releasing her hands. "If you ask me, Regalia is corrupted," he responded calmly to Arkane, before sitting on a cot, swinging his legs back and forth, and yet his feet kept scraping the ground. "I know that things work differently here, but who is basing these rules? Why are they in place, and is their really a justified reason for them? Personally, I don't think Itika is bad–I think it is misunderstood and feared."

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: 1st Floor -
Vincent had Diane and Vlad aid in carrying the journals back with them to the cathedral. He had to peek around the pile of journals to greet the woman that was there cleaning up the carpet. "Hello. We were actually hoping to study in the library? If we could be allowed?...if you could guide us to the library it would be awesome." His arms were not wiggly, but carrying so many books on foot did something to his back, possibly. "We just need to study these thank you." He said, looking back at Vlad and Diane, specifically getting closer to Vlad and whispering at him. "Maybe there is more library than the one allowed to the public." Even the courts had their secret libraries. They were ones that were hidden away for the higher members of the courts. Even private collections by the members themselves. To ask for something more specific you had to put in an inquiry or be supervised.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: High End -
Arun nodded. "To return to the cathedral would be best. Maybe we can be of more use there." He admitted. He turned to the Incrarose and smiled. "Shall we?" He turned and walked off to the Cathedral. He could use a nap, if allowed. Otherwise he was more than happy to help with whatever the cathedral needed. Maybe the others had better luck than he did.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: 1st Floor -
The first thing Arun saw when he returned to the Cathedral was Vincent holding onto a stack of books along with Vlad and Diane. He blinked and quickly greeted them. "H-Hello. Vincent. I have not seen you since this morning." Arun spoke. Vincent looked back. "Hey! Arun! Up to do some reading with us?" Arun did not seem very excited over that. "Must I?" "I need you to help Vlad to read. These are too much for just three people."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City - Arrested - /w Eleanor & Kiran -
Arkane was surprised, jumping slightly as Kiran got closer. Arkane would blink a few times, and the usually calm Arkane would feel his cheeks burn and gain color, his ears in particular turning a bright shade of red to match his eyes. The words since I like you seemed to have caught the Umbra mage off guard. He had to look away and hide his face into the sleeves of his robes. "K-Keep this up and you will owe us three!" He insisted, shaking his head. He grabbed the cell bars and glared out. "How long as they going to keep us here? By the time they decide what they will do with us Eleanor would have punched an exit through the wall." He cleared his throat and watched him as he spoke how he saw things differently in terms of Itika. How it was merely misunderstood and feared by the mainlands while people where he lived found it to be a more of a tool when used in moderation. Arkane lifted his head and walked across. If only they knew the truth of where it came from. "The rules were determined by the courts long before any of us were born, after the Great War. Such rules were implemented to keep such an addictive substance under control. You have seen already the blood that is being shed by mere pieces of it. Imagine if the courts got addicted and began to plan against each other...for all we know that is exactly what is happening with Vivifica as we speak..." He explained. He wasn't going to sit on the cot. But he did agree on the term that regalia was corrupted...in some way. "Regalia is a Magocracy. It has been even before the war. It is ruled by the courts and the church. The courts themselves are ruled by the strongest magic users. The church under their own religious dogma. In the end it all revolves around magic." He said casually as he spun his flute in his hands. They couldn't get this away. HA!

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis - Death of the Innocents -
Yael followed the same procedure as last time; he tightened his coiled body against the titan and aimed to shatter it into submission. Don't fix what isn't broken. Even if it meant that he would be aching with bruises and cuts by the end of this battle. Which he was definitely going to have. He was already hungry again! Darn it! "Stay down! You dare raise a hand against innocents. If this is what vivifica is fighting for then damn it be all!"

Aquilla
The young magician looked the man up and down, trying to recall details that she was told to look for. She couldn’t recall any information. This made her start to panic. “I-I-I um... sorry I just need to know if you went to t-t-the cathedral lately.” She stammered as the cuffs immediatly heated up and liquified. Only heating to room temperature. She almost hopped from one foot onto another. “Also no... I-I’m not Somnum.... I’m not even worth the time of other mages....“ she stared at her feet listening closely for a response.

Kagura Sumeragi - Sanctus heights - With Absalom

Kagura was taken back by the offer. Frowning to himself, the boy shifted a bit as he mulled over what was said. Finally, the boy would look up at Absalom with a bit of nervousness. "I...I'm flattered at your offer, Sir...but I must take time to reconsider this." He said weakly. "It...is still fresh. I did what I had to. To protect people. But...I don't know if I can stop learning just yet. I...should contact my Maestra and discuss it with her, at the very least." He bowed. "I am honored by your gracious offer nevertheless."

Makoto Suzaku - IT'S TIME TO CAST FIST

With a wild yell that would shake the surroundings, Makoto burst from the side and launched herself at Titan #3, her fists burning. "AWAY FROM MY BEST FRIEND!" She roared, fists and feet burning. She had snuck away and stowed her costume, and with a powerful strike, punched the Titan's sword with a flaming, explosive fist. She blasted from her feet, sending herself up and above Titan 3, twisting and turning before she had her self position. Blasting herself towards the beast, she flipped and once more unleashed a blast, bringing a flaming kick down on the titan's head. "IGNITION...SLAM!" She shouted, using her foot's position to push her away and behind the titan. Hands out, she bombarded it's back with fire blasts as she landed and rolled, foot digging into the ground. She grinned a bit, punching her fists together. Her eyes glowed as her fiery fists grew from reddish-orange...to blue.
"Now I'm all fired up." Lightning crackled, and she launched herself at the beast with a crazy grin on her face. Her fists were as lightning, peppering the beast with explosive blasts of fire, her body moving at incredible speed before blasting above him, and initiated Kinetic Conversion - all the potential energy gained from the zenith of her rise into magic, and charged for her chakra. It built up with her blue fire, and around her seemed to form a blue spectral fphoenix.
"Azure Phoenix Crash!" What was with this girl and naming her attacks? Hands thrown forward, palms out, the chakra was unleashed, crashing down upon Titan #3 as she blasted away, aiming to land and regain her bearings.

Eden - Camping!

Eden just helped around camp. Not much to do.

Eclaire de Wynter - with Feynne

The catgirl's ears perked and wiggled a bit as they entered the lobby. "Hrm...wonder where everyone else is, Feynne...." She murmured.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City: Honeybadger B&B -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Although the Somnum Maestra didn't really paid the Vivifica mage any mind, she noticed that the High Priestess was in a slightly better mood. That was good in her eyes. She would follow close behind the two as they made their way outside the Honeybadger, stopping at the entrance after the two had left.

" . . . Beware . . . " the faint voice said in her mind.

Beware of what? With how many dangerous and life threatening things happening around them, this sudden warnings made less and less sense with each new one. That didn't lessen any sense of dread that she might or might not have had while they were traveling. She continued to walk behind the Priestess and the Vivifica mage in silence.

----------

- Vita City: Deputy's Office -

The journey to the Deputy's Office was rather uneventful. Listening to the sounds of the city was fine every now and then, but at this point the Maestra would have prefered to be somewhere quiet. Her eyes, seemingly staring forwards, were actually scanning their surroundings, taking notice if someone paid close attention to the High Priestess, though by the end of the trip everything looked fine.

"Our apologies for interrupting your work, but we have come to make an inquiry about two mages that were recently taken into custody just recently," Nero said in a calm and neutral tone, "Mister Arkane Gravemore and Miss Eleanor Le Doux are their names."

The Maestra walked in front of the desk and got a little closer to the receptionist.

"If you would be so kind as to allow us to see them for a moment, or perhaps one of your superiors, we could explain their reason for being in the city. I need to ask that this is kept with the outmost secrecy, of course," she said as she lowered her voice a little, "this is a collaborative effort between the Four Courts, the Council of Elders and the High Priestess herself, I am sure you can understand the need to keep things secret when the three are involved, yes?"

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Cherry Babies -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Incarose looked at the source of the familiar voice, it was Miss Everyth. She didn't really spoke to her before, but she had seen her while being on the cathedral. She was a a very beautiful woman.

"No no, it's alright Arun, you did your best," Incarose replied, "I think were were doomed since the very start. I mean, we only have a vague description and that this man has blue hair. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack."

The redhead looked defeated and tired. That last place had put her mental health to the test, and she had lost, it seems. Arun's voice made her return to reality.
"Sorry? Oh! Yeah, the cathedral. I think we deserve some rest after today's events."

-------

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights: 1st Floor -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

She followed Arun and Everyth back to the cathedral. It was a somewhat quiet trip back, but it felt like it happened very fast. Once inside she saw Vincent, holding a stack of books, along with Vlad and Diane. What were those books, she wondered. Vincent asked if they could help with some reading, and she agreed that that amount of books would be too much for just three people.

"I think we could help. The more people, the faster, right?" she said.

- Jari Coriander, Sanctus Heights in the Grand Cathedral with Shiroo -

Jari looked pale, unsure of what his cousin was discussing. "Why hide it?" was a question that he did not plan for unless . . .

He found his colour again, a deep red occurring especially on his cheeks. Of course the thought had occurred to him -- the possibility of considering men rather than women for wooing, specifically Kagura -- but that thought would never have aired itself in public view because he would be deathly ashamed.

"That's not the case at all! Good heavens, no. It is a . . . oh gosh, what a souring feeling I have in my chest. Shiroo, if you must know, let's talk over drink. I'll need the inebriation, and we don't even have to go far. I've a bottle of wine in my suitcase and a few glasses I snuck from the kitchen," he uttered in a shush at the end. "Come on now."

He took one moping last glance over his shoulder towards the door where Absalom and Kagura were finally talking before taking off down the hall, hoping that Shiroo would follow. If he did, he would close the door behind them, pop the cork out of the once already opened bottle, pour two glasses and offer Shiroo the clean one, drain his dry, and splay himself on the bed. The sensation of alcohol trickling into his stomach made him feel so much better and comfortable for whatever reason.

"Shiroo, I was in love . . . with Kagura . . . for a while. You know how they say love is blind? It's true, and it blinded me to the fact that he was a guy, NOT a girl. Kagura, he was . . . for whatever reason I never knew he was a guy. I guess I deafened myself inadvertently to whenever personal pronouns were used, or I thought people were mistaken when I was the one mistaken." Tears were stabbing at his eyes now, and his voice grew hoarser as he started talking louder. "Shiroo, I'm not coming out of the metaphorical closet because I was never in the closet to begin with. Believe me when I say I know how awkward it is, for me and for others, but Kagura . . . I am no longer interested in him romantically. He is purely a friend now. Purely . . ."

And he broke down in tears, plastering his face with his open hand not occupied by a glass.

- Daruk Mordem, in Aeternalis fighting off forest titans -

The strike landed, much to Daruk's relief, and while the grapeshot was still in effect but not used he kept all of the firepower compact within the shot just underneath his foot. All seemed rather peaceful, even with the groaning titan brought to the ground, but the rapidly tossed vines caught him by surprise for probably the first time. The vines wrapped around him for but a second before he let out more fire from the ignition points on his body and burned them all off of him, albeit with some difficulty. Slowing him down a bit, but only a bit, he surged forward to deliver the final blow, like a missile that launched up at an arc before descending.

His intent? To use the grapeshot to blow its head clean off, because if it had a head maybe decapitating it would allow it to croak. But just in case the titan tried to roll out of the way, he tried his best to form ten-foot cliffs on either side of the titan by using the very earth beneath it. Rolling uphill is difficult enough, but with a bit of a wall preventing you? That would probably help with containment of the blast and containment of the titan.

"HIYAH!" he shouted, bringing his leg downwards.

Elrandir Elrandir , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The guardsman behind the desk gave a start when Nero spoke, as though only noticing her for the first time. His gaze locked on her as she declared that she wished to see the mages on court business. A sigh escaped him as he flicked through records on his desk.

"I am afraid, Miss–er, I didn't get your name–but it is after visiting hours," he said. "Though I am all ears for an explanation on their behavior. I am especially curious how you knew that they were here under custody." He cocked a brow, awaiting a response from Nero.

"Please, I demand that you release them!" Mabel blurted. The man jerked his head toward the young woman and stared.

"I beg your pardon?"

"I demand that you release Eleanor le Doux and Arkane Gravemore, by order of myself, the High Priestess of Regalia." Mabel stood straighter, holding her head high with an expression of authority. At first the man seemed uncertain on what to do, eyeing the woman curiously before looking back to Nero and Jynn.

"So you claim to be the High Priestess," the guardsman said slowly. "Forgive me if I have difficulty swallowing that information. For you see, the high priestess being here is highly improbable, let alone dressed as a commoner and without an escort of the church. Unless"–realization slowly began to sink in as he turned from Nero and Jynn–"you two are court mages?"

He grunted, as though displeased that he was being placed in this predicament. "I will need some proof to validate your claim," he responded. "While I would like to believe you, milady, I do not know whether you are truly the High Priestess Mabel or a young woman guising as her."

Mabel started to reach toward her pockets, before blushing and turning toward Nero and Jynn. "My amulet," she murmured. "I left it in my priestess' robes in my luggage back at the inn. That would suffice as proof, I believe, unless you two have anything?"

-----
Meanwhile, in the prison cells, Kiran yawned and threw himself back, stretching over the cot. "You seem to think Vivifica is the villain here, but what if it's the elders who are the ones addicted to Itika as we speak? How do you know who to trust? Do you ever ask questions, or do court mages merely follow blindly?" His words were blunt, perhaps even insulting, but he seemed to have no filter, and seemed perfectly comfortable in questioning the very faith and foundations of what built Regalia. "My people say that Regalia was built on blood, and it flourishes on blood. I can't say that I know what they mean, but every legend has a grain of truth, yes?"

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

The blue-haired man calmed slightly as Aquilla asked her questions, the fire seeming to ebb away in his pupil less gaze. "No, I have not been in the cathedral recently," he said, softer this time. "In fact I have never been there."

He could tell that she seemed very uncomfortable, realizing that she was perhaps doing this against her will. She started degrading herself as a mage, and he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Well, it seems that they're putting you in charge of something," he told her. "So clearly you must be important to the courts. Granted, I have absolutely no idea where this is going or what this is about, but I do wish you success in whatever you're hoping to accomplish. However"–he offered her a slight smile–"I am very surprised that you are not a Somnum mage. The ice which you used . . . . Very signature. Having heralded from the Somnum woods myself, I recognize magic from that region when I see it."

Despite the handcuffs being gone, he remained in place, though nodded in the direction of the door. "Is there anything else, Miss? If not, I am feeling slightly claustrophobic in here."

2nd Floor: Absalom's Quarters

Xion136 Xion136

Absalom was looking as though he were growing rather weary. "Of course, young Kagura. Please think on it, and I will be curious to learn of your response." He waved a hand. "There is no obligation, though if you choose to stay in Sanctus Heights it would be a great honor to us, as well as the Somnum court and the Sumeragi name. Please do consider. Seldom is a court mage requested to reside in Sanctus Heights, though I feel that the people would greatly benefit from your services, as would we, the council."

Finally Absalom gestured toward the go. "You may go. Should you wish to speak with me, find any maid and inform them. I will get word out that you are to be invited in at any time."

2nd Floor: Jari's Room
Thanny Thanny

The Ignis Mage was confused, to say the very least, when Jari seemed flustered and offered him a drink. Yet, how could he refuse? It was five o'clock somewhere. After the two drank in silence, Shiroo was surprised that it was Jari who broke the silence, and his response . . . was not what he expected. He let out a relieved sigh, though gave a start when he noticed the tears that streamed down Jari's face. He hesitated, before placing a hand on his cousin's arm.

"Hey . . . Jari. Forgive me, but uh–it seems like you still do have feelings for Kagura, else why would you grieve?" He hesitated, shocking himself by what he was saying next. "Not that it's MY thing, but if you still care for him and you think you could get over the gender aspect, well, would you?" The redhead offered a smile. "No right or wrong answer; I won't judge. If anything, I feel bad that I made all these assumptions and never even gave you a chance to speak sooner. I just–I mean, well–I just like to be in the know, y'know? Nosy cousin, I guess?" He nudged Jari playfully in the ribs, before swishing Jari's fake fox tail. "But you haven't really seemed yourself lately. I thought it was the Kagura thing. Everything else okay?"

1st Floor:
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Elrandir Elrandir

Viola offered Vincent a slight bow. "The extensive library is available upon request, though I have no doubt that your request would be approved. You would have to ask an elder." She leaned around a corner and pointed down a hall to their right. "Elder Javier was just outside the Great Hall, last I checked. You could ask him if you can all have access to it. I am not authorized to grant permission; sorry."

Everyth made her way behind Vincent and Incarose, brushing her hair over her shoulder before huffing. "Well, I suppose that I could be bribed to look through a journal. What kind of entry are we looking for?"

Should they proceed down the hall, they would find Elder Javier. He was eyeing a portrait with great intensity, before whirling around to meet the mages.

"Ah, noble mages of the many courts," he greeted, dark hair pulled back in a ponytail. "What can I do for you this evening?"

Xion136 Xion136 , Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Titan #2 struggled to free itself within Yael's grasp, but Yael was rather successful at keeping the titan distracted. His coiling around the titan's body didn't seem to be doing as much damage as it had with the first titan that Yael crushed, but it was seeming to immobilize him, making him more vulnerable to other foes–but also putting Yael in danger of what is known as "friendly fire."

Makoto seemed to leap into the fray entirely unexpected, catching Titan #3 off-guard. Her smash completely obliterated his tree sword, sending splinters of a multitude of sizes to fly through the air. It turned its gaze on to her, seeming to take the flaming girl in. She was mad, and he was about to pay dearly.

The kick to Titan #3's face was a devastating impact. Makoto would find that she'd knocked the titan to the ground, half its face shattered, in its place the rock underneath seemed to glow with heat from the kick. Upon closer inspection, Makoto could determine it as magma.

Watching the scene, Titan #2 tried to break free from Yael again, only could not succeed. It did, however, manage to cause vines to sprout out from the ground and travel with intense speed, attempting to wrap around Yael in an attempt to wrench the shapeshifter off of him so that he could be free.

Due to the titan now being on the ground, Makoto's blasts would soar above the titan's form, but as he at last rose to his feet he found Makoto above him, sending lightning his direction, conjured from all the energy that she had built. The blue lightning fully enveloped titan #3, the titan sparking before tumbling to the ground in a heap. Energy lingered upon its form, but it remained still. A groan escaping its body suggested that the titan was not dead, though it was not in good shape, and likely could not survive much more.

Meanwhile, the grapeshot from Daruk was unleashed toward titan #5, barreling toward him with little respite thanks to the earthen wall that Daruk conjured to surround the Forest titan. With nowhere to go, the titan had no choice but to accept the blow, it embedding into his left shoulder blade and severing his arm from his body. In a fury, it broke off a healthy chunk of earthen wall that Daruk conjured with its remaining arm, rotated it, before launching it at the Ignis maester. It then proceeded to move toward Daruk and try to wrap its hand around the maester and, if successful, squeeze him tightly, its entire hand able to wrap around the torso and partial legs of a human.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City: Deputy's Office -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

How unfortunate that this was the destined turn of events, Nero thought. It was to be expected, of course. Three people coming out of nowhere, claiming to be part of the Four Courts, was not something that happened every day.

"Oh, my apologize, Officer. We sent them ahead to look for a place to stay," Nero asnwered, "as for how we were made aware of their situation, well, I was-"

The sudden action of the High Priestess caught the Maestra by surprise, she turned to look at the young girl and sighed.

"Please excuse the sudden outburt of our guest here. We are aware that the High Priestess coming here is a very very strange situation, but we must take precautions for the sake of our assignment," the Maestra said calmly, "As for proof of identity, I suppose I could provide something that only the Maestra of the Court of Somnum would have. Something personal, yes?"

Nero put her hand into a pocket inside her jacket, taking an object she always kept close. Her grip tightened for a split second before placing the item on the desk. The item was a gold pocketwatch, the figure of a Sea serpent on the front, a gift from her parents after she graduated from the Court of Somnum's Academy of Magic. If the Officer opened the pocketwatch, he would find two things, a picture of a young Nero, probably in her early twenties, a black haired man in a well made suit and a beautifuf blue haired woman in a very majestic dress. Inside the cover he would see an inscription in very elaborate calligraphy.

"If you should be led astray, may the warm light of day gracefully guide your way home."
- Thea Asherah Nero -

"My name is Thea Asherah Nero. Daughter of Theos Ouranos of House Selene and Astelle Guinevere of House Darya," Nero said proudly, "Would that suffice to prove the identity of the Maestra of the Court of Somnum, Officer?"

If the officer managed to look where the hand of the Maestra was resting on the desk, he would notice that a faint print of ice was slowly forming around the Maestra's hand. Perhaps then he would be 100% sure that they were, indeed, mages.

- Diane Corbeau and Incarose Vassar - Court of Umbra and Ignis - Sanctus Heights: 1st Floor -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Diane had remained silent since they began to look for clues around the Lieutenant's home. Vincent had managed to find a very interesting journal that spoke about a researcher and their encounter with something that claimed to belong to the First Court. Even when she was alive many centuries ago, the First Court was part of history and myth. Some mages agreed with their ideas, others thought they got drunk with power and were destroyed by that. Who knew what the truth was. What was the relationship between the Lieutenant and the Blue haired man? Why was Elia possessed? questions without a clear answer.

"Your help is appreciated, Mister Roshan, Miss Vassar, Miss Castanova," Diane said, as her eyes lingered on Everyth for a split second longer than the others, "You see, Vincent found a very interesting passage that talks about an event that happened to a researcher in one of their travels. Perhaps when you read it, you will understand the significance of such passage. But for now, let us request access to the library before we discuss the topic any further, yes?"

Incarose felt slightly intimidated by the pale woman, simply nodding in agreement with her words. There was something about her that made Incarose feel wary of her. Not in a bad way, but there was something on the back of her mind that told her she was not one hundred percent normal.

"I-I suppose we can wait a little longer. This must be really important information if you don't want to discuss it in the open." Incarose said.

"That is correct. We can discuss this when we make sure that no one is trying to listen," Diane answered, "if we can discover something important within these journals, then we can share it with the rest."

Both Diane and Incarose followed the group until the came in contact with one of the Elders.

- Vala Hassan - Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind Lingerie Shop -
Thanny Thanny HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Vala watched as the young girl that came with the group suddenly walked towards her client, then both disappeared into the back. It was amusing. Slightly surprising, but amusing. He looked very surprised by such actions, but who was she to judge.She then turned to look at the rest of the group. All males. Each very different that the other, but all interesting, for different reasons.

"It seems that your friend needs some time alone with my client, yes? Or perhaps she, too, is looking to buy something?" Vala said as she smiled, her eyes wandering from one man to the other, "In any case, my name is Vala Hassan, owner of the Elvenwind. If there's something that gets your interest then I am sure we can to bussiness."

One more, she scanned the group with complete interest. Mages, by the look of it. They had that scent of magic around them.

"Or perhaps you are looking for other type of services?" Vala asked, giving them a mischievous smile.

Last edited:
- Vincent & Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: 1st Floor -
Vincent looked back with his eyes gleaming. "Oh this is perfect! Everyone here wants to volunteer!" This was actually a great idea. They had so many volunteers, they could figure this out quicker! He groaned and looked at Vincent. "Hey. Arun. Come here." He asked. Arun approached, only to be handed the stacks of books. Arun blinked and looked down at them. "These look rather old." "They are. Don't sneeze you'll destroy them." He joked, approaching the elder. He greeted Elder Javier, smiling. "Hello elder. Nice to meet you. Is there anyway we can ask for permission to study in the Cathedral's library? We found some clues in regards to the current investigation, but we would like a place to compare notes." Vincent asked, smiling. Arun peeked from behind the pile of books. "We promise to clean up afterwards."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City - Arrested - /w Eleanor & Kiran -

Arkane opened his mouth to speak up. To say something and counteract his line of questioning but he ended up falling short of any words. They got caught in his throat, and the more he listened the more he was pushed. Shut up. He thought. Shut up. He listened, and the gleam in his red ruby eyes would begin to glow, and the grip on his flute tightened, and tightened, and if the flute hadn't been made from such a strong material it would have already snapped into two- "Enough!" Arkane yelled, stepping closer to the man. "To question everything for the sake of the future is only one of the many responsibility of the courts. To discover the past, the present and the future of magic is what makes the court what it is. The responsibilities of the court include to watch over one another, and when one begins to show worrying signs the others will be there to set things straight. We are more independent than merged hive minds that you and others think of us for." Why should we question all that we are? His cheeks were red from anger already, and he felt that his heart would explode. Oh how he hated this. He turned, gritting his teeth. "You say such knowing well that every nation is built upon the corpses of others. Blood is what bathes the earth that will feed a nation. It has always been like that." He glared at him. "If your people think of yourself so highly to be innocent of sin, then I do not know what makes you for coming all the way out here to this land of blood. A martyr? Don't make me laugh." Kiran had fallen out of Arkane's favor in a mater of seconds, and Arkane was back to being himself. Well. His angered self. He turned to the bars and grabbed them, looking out. How much longer? He was getting claustrophobic- Wait. Was...was that Mabel's voice? He swore he heard it. He backed away a bit and picked up his flute. He blew into it, playing a quick tune and summoning none other than Hector the pug. The undead pug would look up at Arkane, tilting his head. Arkane pointing away. "Go find Mabel." The pug turned around and walked between the bars. His wiggly butt got caught between the bars, which required a bit of a pull before he finally got out. Then with that pranced off to try and find Mabel.

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis - Death of the Innocents -
Yael continued to do what he was good at; strangling people in his snake form. Though it was obvious that it wasn't going to work out very well for long. He had to move on if he wanted to survive. As the vines wrapped around Yael, he would realize that he needed to move. Now. As the veins wrapped and pulled on him, it forced Yael to transform. Smoke would surge from his body and a small mouse would drop from it onto the floor. Mice Yael would scramble, running in zigzags as he would dodge getting squished and stepped on. "Oh no no no no this is not going to work. He found himself running away at a distance before turning around, and rushing at the giant in his mouse form. Halfway there, smoke covered him once more...and from the smoke came out an elephant that proceeded to stampede straight at Titan #2.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, Aeternalis fighting forest titans -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Xion136 Xion136 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Having made his way to a somewhat decent shot, Daruk lifted himself partially upright, then figured it would be a great time to take off. This thing was no doubt furious to have a limb amputated, but he did not expect to see his own creation thrown back at him. The chunk soared up to meet him, but his hands went up to meet it, and using the earthen magic he was blessed with crumbled the makeshift wall of hardened earth enough to pass him by mostly unscathed, with the exception of a few speedy pebbles and cobbles that peppered his muscular form and brought him some pain, especially when one landed on his broken set of ribs.

He had to count himself lucky. Had he got knocked to the ground, the titan would have probably gathered up and squished him with its outstretched hand. However, with him being aerial, he saw the sweeping hand attempting to catch him and launched himself sideward with a blast from his hand, then flew around the outside of his arm's swing in an attempt to blindside the enemy. Daruk approached the titan's neckline, attempted a landing, and if successful attempted to grab the jawline of the titan and shift its entire head by a quarter of a rotation. Using earth magic to solidify his position and aid his efforts of snapping the bad guy's neck and saving the day was altogether better of a plan, but he knew the plan had risks. Should the titan overpower him, this might end up with him being swatted and splattered like an insect that overstayed its welcome and paid the price.

While he was doing so, he looked up and saw a blood red sky with lightning. "Huh," he said, finishing off with a mental "I never noticed that. Must be that weird Somnum mage."

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, in the Elvenwind in Sanctus Heights -

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Elrandir Elrandir Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The Umbra mage of the party glanced up from his next perusal with an eyebrow raise and a frown at Vala's questions, especially the last one regarding other services. Other services? Pssh. What other good services could a person provide him besides being a practicing gravedigger, unless of course that was what she was intimating. Hmm, no, not exactly. She was a shopkeeper, and nothing around here ensured him that she had a morgue beneath here . . . or perhaps above.

"Not for me, thank you," he answered. "I must say that you have quite the variety of styles. Were these self-made or produced by vendors? Other shops I have scanned in and out of the capital have had one or two primary vendors and maybe twenty others to supply other materials. This"--he scanned the great number of aisles--"this looks like a hundred, if not more, and if I assume correctly there is another floor?"

Aquilla
The ice mage shifted awkwardly. “N-No there isn’t anything else, sorry for taking up your time.” She muttered as she stepped away from him, allowing him to reach the door. She began to feel sick from anxiety, deciding to not address her heritage, and continually not confirming her allegiance to the Ignis court.

The moment he would leave. She would close and lock the door behind him. If anyone were to listen, all they would hear is retching as her Anxiety would completely shadow and devour her existing confidence. Her desire to aid in this social situation flipping onto its other side as she was reminded of why she didn’t deal with many people and often avoided social situations. “You aren’t a leader... don’t try to help make plans... just follow orders...” she muttered to herself. The air growing cold.

- Henry Heid - Combine fist and sword - Aeternalis -

These titans were proving to be a giant pain to deal with, one they engaged everyone too close to the city, which was bound to bring collateral damage, and the giants didn't seem to be lured away from the village, some even straight up decided to attack the village directly, Henry was pretty sure Ignis would catch blame for this even though, again, just like the dragon, it wasn't their fault. But that was something to file a report later, Daruk would have to anyway. His previous attacks failed to kill the titan as another came to support it, luckily Henry managed to block just in time to not take much damage, tucking, and using his magic to redirect his momentum and to lessen the impact as he rolled onto the ground.

Henry was about to do a focused slash to cut the tree in half with a precise slash of his sword as Makoto appeared, "Ma-High priestess?!" Henry blurted out in surprise, but he recomposed himself fast enough to see what she was doing and follow up. As she went to strike the titan directly up and down Henry dashed forward, sword in hand. Makoto managed to topple the giant to the ground and wound it, leaving it practically incapacitated. This was no time to waste in case it did anything else. Henry dashed towards it, utilizing flame and explosion magic to propel himself forward, much like how Makoto does it. And as the Titan fell onto the floor after Makoto's lightning surge, Henry would come out of the dash with a powerful thrust motion of his sword, attempting to stab the TItan#3's head, straight to the forehead. Should that work Henry would channel searing fire and sunlight inside of the titan's head, however he didn't focus any blast magic, as such if it did work, it wouldn't cause the titan's head to explode. He would try to burns it's head from the inside out and just kill it outright with the stab. To ensure it wouldn't explode. Henry would focus as much energy as needed for the act.

"Thanks..." Henry spoke, to Makoto. Sheepishly as he wasn't expecting the help, with a small blush on his face as well.

Xion136 Xion136 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Vlad Tepes - Cathedral -

"Ah, hey there sunshine" Vlad remarked as he saw Arun walk up to them, he was mostly quiet and contemplating what all this information meant, and if they would find anything in the library in the first place. Let's just say he had a hunch.

However an idea came to his head, he had forgotten something in his room, something of importance to him, his god damn gloscan! he forgot it in his room in the cathedral! damn it! Well whatever. "While you lot go to the library, I have to go grab something in my room, It won't take long, i'l find y'all later." Vlad announced as he walked quite literaly into the wall, shadows forming around him as he did so as he phased into them, vanishing from sight. Possibly much to Vincent's dismay.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Elrandir Elrandir

- Arno Cross - Vita City - The Wandering Rose -

"Just there for free drinks, i'd wager.". Arno interjected as Vaike mentioned a red haired woman, well dressed, watching the tables at the bar, well dressed, his tone blank and monotone, as he had a hunch that's what she was there for, it was common for women to dress well and head to taverns, getting the eye of men with more money than sense, and making them pay for their drinks, typical bar business. He glanced at Tibarn. "Why don't you go? you're the casanova.". Arno commented, this time with a more dry sarcastic tone.

Arno leaned against the chair as he pulled out his wakizashi, still in it's sheath, as he partially unsheated it as he would look at the blade, clean and sharp as always, he could see his own face on the blade as a reflection. Damn, he looked like a total thug in this attire, maybe a change in clothing wasn't the best of ideas, plus a longcoat like this was really hot during summer time. He'd stare at the reflection for a few more moments, reminding him of his past and how he acquired it from a close friend. He did this every once in a while, to remind him of things. Plus it was just a really pretty sword to look at. Plus it had a lot of sentimental value to him, probably his most valued weapon really.

Vaike, Tibarn or Gabriel could comment on the sword and Arno's reflecting on it if they wished. He wouldn't really mind.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

- Eleanor Le Doux, Fierce Shadow - Vita City, Arrested, w/ Arkane and Kiran -

Eleanor was silently grateful for Kiran's healing as the stinging of her raw knuckles faded, though her impatience was causing her to rub at the closing wounds. Given enough time, she'd rub them raw once more out of sheer boredom and frustration. Were it not for Kiran's tirade, Eleanor would've resumed, but now, though she wasn't looking at him nor Arkane, she was listening to every word spoken intently, about how Regalia was born from blood, like every nation as Arkane said, who lambasted Kiran for his sanctimonious attitude and the words that followed in its wake.

It had only happened a few times, but already Eleanor was tired of these random bouts of rage and thirst for blood. It did not befit one of her stature, of her bloodline or of her Court. Fear niggled at the back of her mind constantly; the fear of losing control, yet it was this fear and doubt that planted the seeks of her frustration and subsequent rage. It was a vicious cycle and Eleanor knew this well, yet felt she could do naught but count the seconds until the next outburst and worry about who would be caught in her fury this time. Umbran Madness was rare, but it certainly left a black mark on Umbra's history, like many of their deeds, be they in the name of the greater good or the betterment of one's station. Now, Eleanor's unusual Darkness had begun to manifest about her person again, but this time it was...strangely tranquil and her eyes aglow once more.

"Don't waste your breath, Arkane. These self-righteous types can't be reasoned with, only watched as they catapult themselves into their own deaths, while others make mockery of their idiocy. He will go on and on about why he's right, why Regalia is poison, all while ignorant to his own people's bloodshed and dark history that lead to their own rise." Eleanor spoke in a different voice. It was still Eleanor's distinct tones and isms, but the words were being spoken with a radically different manner. Hell, perhaps others would've just been so used to Eleanor's berserker tendencies that her talking calmly was alien, though even Eleanor seemed surprised at what she was saying.

Eleanor then slowly turned her head, still hanging low, to look Kiran dead in the eyes, her own irises were burning with a yellow-orange glow. "You think yourself above these people? That yours is greater than the sum of our parts? Don't make me laugh. You share this prison cell with us, do you not? For what? A misunderstanding? We protected ourselves, while you toyed with forces and substances that you don't understand. Itika has ruined this land before and it will ruin you, boy. Do you hear me?! HUH?!" Eleanor sharply rose from her seat as she began to bellow again in her own voice, marching over to Kiran and looming over his tiny self. How easily would his bones break, she wondered? Would he even be able to scream past all the pain?

"Do you have ANY idea what you're getting yourself into!? People die DAILY for this poison and you believe it misunderstood!? Whelp! Cretin! Craven!! Unworthy, feculent worm, feeding on the crumbs of your betters, all while cursing their name and the ground they walk upon! May you die without pity or remembrance!" Eleanor would not motion to kill Kiran, but she would attempt to grab under Kiran's face to pull him closer, so she could speak with the other voice, seething with a anger that was not her own:

"I am in a cage, within a prison! AND I MUST GET OUT. With! Or without you!" If she managed to grab Kiran, Eleanor would simply, sharply let go of him, but either way, she would then sharply turn towards the Cell Gates, Gauntlets manifesting from Shadows around her hands. Shouting again in her own voice, she would beckon:

"Stand aside, Arkane! We are to be trapped here no longer!!"

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

(Just Eleanor for now. I had the most inspiration for her. : P )

Elrandir Elrandir , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The officer studied the trinket that Professor Nero proffered, giving a nod as he returned it. The ice forming underneath the Maestra's hand didn't go unnoticed, either. He swallowed hard, glancing back and forth between the Maestra and priestess before bowing his head.

"Alas–I owe you all an apology," he said, something unusual glinting in his eye. "I couldn't believe that the high priestess herself would arrive on business with court mages, and yet here you all are. I do not know myself as to whether the mages found on the street were guilty or innocent, but if they are with you, and you demand their release . . . ."

He grit his teeth, glancing back down at the record book again. It seemed that he was loathe to release his prisoners, but he wasn't prepared to defy the will of the Courts. Once selecting the proper set of keys, he slid off his chair and motioned for the others to follow him down a hallway.

"Right this way, milady, Maestra, young lord," the guard said, uncertain on how to properly address Jynn, but assumed that he, too, must be a renowned court mage to be traveling alongside Maestra Nero and the high priestess.

---------

Inside the prison cells, Kiran gave a start at Arkane's words. "No, I–" he started yet faltered, clamping his mouth shut as he turned his face away, brows knit together solemnly. "I didn't come here leisurely. I was brought here as a slave."

It seemed that he'd greatly wounded the pride of these Umbra mages, as Eleanor was next to refute his claims. He watched her coolly as she brought his gaze to meet hers, unflinching as she gripped his chin. "That is your belief," he said softly. "One that a simple guy such as myself cannot change."

When she released his chin he only watched her, a look of surprise and something else written on his face. Betrayal, hurt? It would be difficult to discern. But as Eleanor manifested her gauntlets, footsteps could be heard coming down the hall.

"Are these the faces that you are looking to release?" the guard asked Professor Nero, Mabel, and Jynn in a monotone voice. Immediately the priestess' hazel gaze shifted toward Arkane, the young woman bolting over toward him. "Arkane!"

She grasped the bars, looking Arkane up and down worriedly. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you? You look upset, what happened? I am so sorry that this occurred. This is all my fault that they locked you up in here! If only I'd known sooner, if only I hadn't left your side. If I hadn't stupidly suggested that we come here."

Tears began to roll down Mabel's face, the young woman seeming rather oblivious to the fact that Eleanor was ready to bust their way out, and that the Outskirts man from the streets still resided with them.

The guard let out an irritated sigh. Authority or not, he was still displeased with the show. He glanced at Eleanor sharply. "It would appear that we made a mistake in your arrest," he said, tone dangerous and cold. He strode over alongside Mabel, shoved his key in the lock, turned, and swung the cell door open for the mages. "The ruffians are to remain under custody. The rest of you are free to go, as per the orders of the High Priestess."

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Thanny Thanny , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Elrandir Elrandir

The blue-haired man gave Aquilla a slight final nod before exiting the bathroom, retrieving his bag of purchased goods before leaving. He walked back into the main shop, glancing at Soren and Pali warily as he made a motion toward the door.

"I hope that you all find who you're looking for," he said, before leaving the establishment.

Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Elder Javier's expression remained pleasant, though his gaze flicked toward the maid Viola momentarily, before focusing back on Vincent. "Compare notes?" he echoed, brow furrowing slightly before gesturing back behind him. "But yes, yes of course you and your colleagues may use the library for whatever means you wish. If there is any way that I can assist, please don't hesitate to ask." He stepped to the side. "Right down that hall you will see the entrance to the library. You cannot miss it."

He folded his arms in his robes and began to walk away, not giving so much as a note or any further confirmation that they were granted permission to access the library. Excepting his verbal assent–for whatever that was worth.

Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , RikuXIII RikuXIII

There was very little that Titan #2 could do to avoid getting trampled in the stampeding elephant that Yael had become. Yael would crash into it headlong, driving it down to the ground. While the titan was still considerably larger than the elephant, such force was enough to knock it off its feet.

Daruk successfully grasped the jaw of the titan and, with the amount of force that the maester used, the bark and rock that consisted of the titan's spine couldn't withstand. He heard a sickening snap as his neck gave way, the titan growing limp as it gradually fell in the direction of Daruk. Forest titan #5 fell, not to rise again.

There was no respite for Titan #3, as Henry came surging forth to finish what Makoto started. Henry would rise into the air, thrusting his sword and embedding it into the head of the forest titan. Henry would have felt resistance, as though his sword met with a very hard substance, but with the amount of force used he was able to stab through it, resulting in rock and bark flaking away and cascading on the ground at his feet. The flames would only further serve as proof that Forest Titan #3 perished, as the fire would ignite the rock and the bark along its face and entirety of its head would go up in flames. When Henry would remove his sword, the titan would fall forward onto its face.

By then Forest Titan #2 rose, gaze shifting to Yael. He was about to uproot a tree to thwack the elephant with, before realizing that he was among the last of the titans remaining. With narrowed eyes, the titan flung the tree in Yael's direction before moving as swiftly as he could out of the clearing and retreating into the forest.

"YOU . . . . SHALL . . . PAY," it bellowed in its best groan, before retreating from battle, leaving the mages victorious in the ashes of their handiwork.

Chapter Four

The closure to a long day has come at last. You have encountered many answers, perhaps more answers than you once sought. Some of you are questioning the very foundation that weaves the courts together, and some are even doubting their own affiliation with the Four Courts. Most of you have knowledge that Regalia's history is more complicated than what you had been led to believe, but what does this mean for the future of your world, as you know it? Regardless, evil is at play. The question that remains is: what is the source?

Xion136 Xion136 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Elrandir Elrandir , RikuXIII RikuXIII , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Makoto, Henry, Gerik, Daruk, Yael, Mellark, Laguna, Mia and Merrymaker, you remain honored guests to the people of Aeternalis, though many questions arise as to why the Forest Titans would attack the High Priestess and the noble court mages. Is it true that Vivifica sent them? How have these mages incurred the wrath of the forest? Fear whispers around your heels, and some of the townsfolk are more standoffish around your party. Some even fear you. It would perhaps be wise to pack up and leave quickly, lest further suspicions arise. Or, another assault. If there is further business to attend to, you may do so, or return to the road once more with new horses and a ready carriage.

Ronin, Eden, Isabelle, and Remy, you stand within the heart of the Vivifica Forest. The Vivifica Temple, more commonly known as the Temple of Life, is within reach, though its specific location alludes you. You know that it is nearby, but there is no structure in sight. Only Vivifica mages know the path to enter the temple . . . or those who the secret has been bestowed upon.

Zion, Soren de Wynter, Vallery, Elliot, Aislinn and all the other Vivifica mages continue to evacuate their weak and youth, preparing for what Aislinn suspects will be a bloodbath. Richter, however, has left the court or will be leaving, preparing on some business that was agreed upon by the Maestra.

Quinn has arrived in Sanctus Heights at last. Security has amped up since the attack in Central Square, but the Vivifica mage likely wouldn't have too much of an issue entering the capital. Vaan, unless intercepted, would leave Quinn's side as soon as they arrived, blending in with the crowd and disappearing from sight.

Arun, Vlad, Vincent, Diane, Kagura, Jari, Incarose, Aquilla, Kolm, Pali, Soren, and Shiroo, another day has come and gone in the Grand Cathedral. You have encountered many blue-haired men, but you have not been successful in apprehending the one that you seek. However, thanks to the discovery by Vincent, Diane, and Vlad, you have more leads to go on. The lieutenant contained a journal with many possible secrets, ones which you are working on uncovering. You have been granted access to the library in the Grand Cathedral, though whenever you are there it may feel that you're being watched, and perhaps you are.

Jynn, Nero, Arkane, Eleanor, Eclaire, Mabel and Fyenne, you are all united in the Honeybadger B&B. Unless Arkane decided to banish Kiran, he would remain with the party, still claiming to be indebted to the beautiful man that saved his life. With the dawn of the new day, it would perhaps be best to continue on your journey. It seems that no one caught your scent, but how long would you be able to successfully remain in hiding?

Arno, Gabriel, Vaike, and Tibarn have retired in whatever affordable inn they could come upon, with information early in the morning delivered to Arno. Apparently the high priestess had been sighted, leaving the prisons with her mages in tow. They were staying in a modest area in town. A man was accompanying her, in addition to the Somnum Maestra, Nero Leviathan. With that, Vaike would insist that they try to find her before she leaves the city. Though something seems amiss . . . . (cue HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria ;))

Last edited:
- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City - Freedom -
Arkane huffed. "...he does not speak wrong but...no nation is purely innocent. No human or live being is either. We cannot be the higher power of morality and pretend we don't have blood on our hands while demeaning others." It was merely reality. Every nation was bathe in blood of the innocents and warriors alike. Victors were the ones to wrote history, and survivors were the ones who would rebel against it. When Eleanor seemed ready to bust them out after her own words, Arkane merely stepped back. He was not about to get in the way of her. She had her own rights and reason to speak her mind, and her own rights and reasons to tear a new entrance into this cell. "You might want to take a few steps back." Arkane offered, pulling Kieran back a bit. He did seemed to tense a bit at the mention of being brought as a slave. Oh. "...my apologies." He huffed. Honestly, why slavery of living beings when one could just order a corpse around to do the exact same thing and with less complaints. "...well, after this whole mess consider yourself a free man. You may return to your home as you wish and leave all of this behind." Arkane pursed his lips, looking away. He played with his hair a bit. "You could accompany us until we're out of the city if you'd like...just be careful who you show those abilities to. As you have seen unless you're in a court you are considered...a monster." He lifted his head when he heard the footsteps, and familiar voices. Now he thought that he had been hearing things, but holy crap, it was actually Mabel.

"W-What are you doing here?!" He asked, approaching her as she ran to the bars. The mage quickly reached through the bars and wiped away the tears with the sleeve of his robes. "We are fine, Mabel! No one has hurt us, and it is not your fault at all. We were merely getting a bit claustrophobic but that is nothing to cry over." He muttered with a sigh at the end. Well, at least Eleanor would not have to destroy everything to get them out. Arkane stood up, stepping away from the bars as they were...released by the orders of the High Priestess. Now, Arkane was all in for Mabel to be her own person and make her own decisions. But in tandem with making wise and good choices, not reckless ones. "I see. Thank you." He spoke. He didn't need to look at the guard. That tone was enough for him to know that no one was happy in this. Arkane stepped out of the cell and gently rubbed Mabel's head. "We should return to the inn, then. We have much to discuss..."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City: Honeybadger B&B -
Kiran decided to join them and help, and Arkane had no real problems with that. Maybe they could teach the man a few thing or two in regards to the dangers of Itika along the way as long as he desired to accompany them. Arkane got to have his well deserved warm bath after much complaining. Though he also needed to take note to speak with Mabel in regards to...using her authority. Nothing wrong with doing you. You owned your body and soul and you got to do whatever you wanted and suffer the consequences afterwards. It was a wonderful thing that Mabel was coming out of her shell, but it was also concerning. She was still too reliant on emotions, and much too gentle and a sweet person with little knowledge of malice of the world. But it seemed that she had thought things through and in the end her conclusion was that she needed to do what she did and take the responsibility. But she wasn't the only one with it. They were there to protect her too...they were the pawns and she was the queen, sort to speak. Annoying? Sure. But in the end it was her who mattered in their way to Vivifica. The next morning, Arkane was up and earlier than most, having left the B&B for an hour or so before returning and meeting everyone for breakfast. He had gone ahead and bought some ink for his cards as he was running low, as well as something else. "We should resume our journey. We would not want to be left behind by the other group." Arkane suggested, eating some scrambled eggs. "And we do not want to encounter any more trouble. Not to mention word is going to spread like wildfire that the priestess released some mages at the jail." He said, the last parts being a secretive whisper towards the group. He then turned to Mabel, wherever she was. He had a gift for her, actually.

- Vincent & Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: 1st Floor -
Vincent watched as Vlad disappeared. "H-Hey!" And he was gone. Great. Fantastic. Wonderful. S u p e r b funky shadow man. He smiled at the confirmation and turned to the rest of the group that had agreed on helping him with this. "Alright! Lets go!" And so Vincent followed the instructions, heading straight to the library as the rest possibly followed.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Library -
Sleep was a social construct for Vincent. The moment they arrived at the library he gathered his own journal and some graphite and organized the journals per chronological order and went to town. He read every single journal, from the beginning to the end, including inside the covers. He read them with Arun, Diane, Vlad and anyone who wished to aid. The inventor relied on coffee and sugar to keep himself awake as well as just pure determination. He would ask volunteers for the following things:
  • Ask Pali, and any other people on the list (if possible) to come by for questioning (Excluding Elia and Vlad).
  • Find books that relate to the First Court, the Thousand Year war, The Valley of Magic, and/or Tekkanororia
  • Keep an eye out for anyone watching them
  • Check on the lieutenant's condition
Tekkanororia - Author of the journals. She encountered the Wraiths but was not believed by the court elders.

Valley of Magic - Where mages are laid to rest. The area is known for being a natural ground for Itika.

Wraiths of the First Court - Encountered by Tekkanororia. They claim to be from the first court. They are very powerful. The Elders of the Courts deny their existence.

Elia - Was tormented by a voice of a man and possessed momentarily by him.

"He said strange things, like souls granting him the power of rebirth. How the people would pay for their betrayal."
"...my magic would suffice his needs..."

VESSELS (For the First Court members???)

• Pali Noirtier (Caelum?)
  • Iseult Mylis
  • Elia Cabret (?)
  • Aislinn Nosferi
  • Vlad Von Redir (Former vessel. Ref. Ballad of the Butcher)
  • Tibarn Llang
  • Absalom Sagus
THOUGHTS
Souls are trying to be reborn in 'vessels' by possessing them to accomplish their agenda. What do they want? Revival?
Who were these members of the first courts?
Maybe Aislinn is also being possessed?
If anyone saw him he had dark circles forming under his eyes, his hat for once off, and resting on the edge of a chair, revealing the blond curly hair underneath. He didn't even have his coat on, gloved hands on the journals, a half filled coffee cup next to him at all times along with his own journal. At one point he missed the cup of coffee and almost drank an inkwell, so that was fun. If he could study the same things that Lieutenant studied, they could continue where he left off. At least, that was the hope, until the man was stable enough for an interview...if that was even possible. Any books that related to First Court, the Thousand Year war, The Valley of Magic, and/or Tekkanororia were quickly brought to the table and read upon and checked for any information that could be used.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Searching for Pali -
Arun would wake the next morning and eat quietly. The search for the blue haired man was fruitless, and now they had the option to either continue searching for him, help with Vincent, help with the fixing of the city, or do your own thing. Arun decided he would wait to see if Pali showed up at breakfast to ask him to go see Vincent as requested by the engineer. Arun ate a whole pancake, chewing on it sleepily as he kept an eye out for Pali. If he was not at breakfast, he would chase the man around and try to bring him back. Least he could do to be useful after yesterday's wild blue haired goose chase. Maybe they could just gather up every blue haired person in the city?...probably not. Too much trouble and work for a city that already had its hands full.

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis -
The fight took lives of some of the civilians, and Yael was naturally devastated. He would spend the night and early morning aiding in what he could. In what he was allowed. Getting rid of debris, rebuilding small portions, cleaning. But not everyone was happy with them around any longer. He offered to aid one family and they were adamant that they could handle it, but their body language and eyes spoke that they were scared of being involved any longer. Yael understood, and he would not push. They had done enough. The moment morning came Yael, uncharacteristically, ate little. Maybe it was guilt, not wanting to seem like a pig compared to last night and leave the food for the people. He ate what he could and was already helping with the horses. "We should leave as soon as possible. We have already brought bad luck to the people in this city." He whispered, his cat ears flickering as his tail would curl around himself.

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Honeybadger B&B

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Exhausted from the previous day, the Vivifican mage slept like a rock through the night on the sofa in the suite back at the B&B. But despite the messy events, he learned to cope with his blindness using sound along with his ability to sense auras, making his life a little easier. Speaking of which, the clock chimes, awakening the mage. He places his hand on the device, stopping the chime.

Jynn slowly gets up from the couch and stretches before getting dressed and ready to continue on the journey. He looks to Mabel’s bed afterwards. “Hey. Mabel. It’s morning.”

- Richter Vanis - The Hidden Forest of Vivifica -

As the court prepared itsef for combaat, under Aislinn's orders, Richter had spoken to Aislinn in secret as to see if he could find a way to avoid bloodshed, the last thing he would ever want is for the mages of the court to be harmed in any way, and if his plan worked they would be able to avoid both conflicts.

Richter stood on top of a rock in one of the forest's hidden ponds, the forest itself was magical, as was many places in the world of Regalia. He sat down, and meditated, as he would normally. In doing so he attuned to the environment around him, filled with magic, he could sense the trees, the grass, the birds chirping in the trees, his senses were attuned to the peaceful serenade that was the forest. There he awaited for them, still worried, but hopeful that it would all work out. It wasn't rare to find Richter meditating in the forest, sometimes when the court was abuzz and mages came and went everywhere, the only times he would find peace was within the forest. sometimes accompanied by Aislinn herself.

"I hope they listen to my request". Richter muttered to himself.

- A few years prior - Vivifica Court Dinning hall -

In the beautiful dinning hall of Vivifica, full of ornamental designs and fancy tables, and the fanciest and best foods any of the courts could have, Vivifica didn't have many mages, but that lack of mages proved beneficial in some aspects, they had much more of a budget for architecture and pleasing design. In the dining hall there stood two unremarkable vivifican mages.
Stella and Tonan, two regular mages were sharing small talk and killing time over diner. The dinning hall illuminated by wisp like motes of light and magical lights adorned onto the walls, giving a mystical feel to the whole place.

"So then when I came to, I had him over me, checking to see if I was alright, he even offered me help getting up, and a shoulder to lean on!" Stella shared a story to her fellow court-mage, of how she passed out during magic training and someone came to help her.
"Right right, he does that a lot, he's a real hit with...pretty much everyone in the court" Tonan remarked dryly, as he munched onto his food, kind of envious at the attention a certain someone got. Was it the hair? Couldn't be.

"Seriously though, why does he have to act like a caretaker half the time? it's not like we get in danger much" Tonan asked.
"He just cares a lot about people, he says it's in his nature to see to it that his fellow mages are well taken care of" Stella answered, with a glint in her eyes.
"Seems like just attention seeking to m-" Tonan was interrupted with the opening of one of the Dining Hallf's doors, and the person they were talking about had just entered the hall.

Except with a different hair-do. The glowing hair the man had was formed in two pigtails, he looked quite ridiculous to Tonan, Stella just saw it and her eyes lit up like a christmass tree.
"Oh my goood it's him!" Stella remarked.
"Yep" Tonan remarked.

There stood the man, Richter, in bright glowing ponytails as he went ahead to the dining table to grab something to eat after a day of work. "What's with the hair?" Tonan asked.
Tonan looked to the side only to see Stella waving at Richter from a distance, a bright smile on her face, a smile that made Tonan blush at how cute it was.

Catching wind of the waving, Richter gathered his plate and food and headed on over. "Why don't ya sit with us? Richy?" Stella called him. Much to Richter's blank face. It wasn't a frown, or a sad face, just a blank neutral one.

"It's Richter, Stella" Richter remarked. before looking over at Tonan. "Evening, Tonan."

"Evening, Richter" Tonan greeted him.

Sitting down with them, Richter and the two mages enjoyed dinner together, sharing small talk and conversations pertinent to the VIvifica court.
"Are you feeling alright Stella? The other day you passed out". Richter asked, still clearly worried for her.

"Ah yes! I am fine now don't worry, I just need to be more careful when using my magic." She answered him with a slight wave. Richter nodded. "Don't push yourself so hard next time, I was worried." Him saying that enough for make Stella blush a little.

"Are you alright, Richter?" Tonan asked him. Obviously motioning towards the hair.
"I am quite alright, Tonan." Richter answered, absolutely missing the point.

"I mean...you know, that". Tonan tried again.

"About...what?" Richter questioned.
"You know...hair?" Tonan tried yet again
"Hair? whose's?" Richter missed the point yet again.

Tonan sighed, hard.

"I think he means your hair, Richty" Stella remarked, pointing a fork at him, and giggling.

"My hair? what about it?" Richter absolutely did not feel anything strange about it.
"The...uh...pigtails." Tonan explained.

Richter pondered for a moment, before stroking his hair, and yes, indeed he had pigtails on. "oh." Richter remarked blankly.
"What's with the new hair?" Tonan asked.

"It was Aislinn" Richter answered.
"The Maestra? she did your hair?" Stella asked, her eyes sparkling.

"She asked me if she could do my hair this afternoon." Richter asked, with the most neutral tone one could ever muster, but if one paid attention one would notice the small blush forming around his cheeks for a few seconds.

"You...let the maestra do your hair?" Tonan asked, clearly holding back his laughter.

"Yes." Richter answered. "Anything for her, so long as it makes her happy.".

Tonan laughed, and Stella giggled. And Richter smiled slightly. The night went on and they chatted more, before they each headed for their rooms to retire for the night.

"Whatever she asks of me, I will follow" Richter uttered these words, before entering his room.
1597377333130.png

- Henry Heid - The Sun of Ignis - Aeternalis -

Night came, day came, and Henry barely rested in both. Adamant about trying to help with any sort of rebuilding or restoration possible, he insisted on helping out the families affected by the titans's attack, but many turned him away, it was clear the people in the city didn't want them here any longer, they just couldn't say it. It was clear in their eyes that the respect they had for them had been replaced by fear. Fear and discomfort.

The next morning came and Henry could barely sleep after considering everything that happened, in their best efforts to stop the titans, civilian casualties still happened. Maybe it wasn't their fault, after all Mages weren't infallible, but this means repercussions and a dirtying of the court's image. Which was already somewhat sullied by what happened back at Sanctus. Once again, they stopped the threat, but at numerous collateral damage consequences.

"Mother, what would you have done?" Henry asked, before sighing. before heading over to have lunch and meet the others.

Henry had eaten even less than Yael did, he couldn't bring himself to, maybe out of shame or personal duty not to take anymore of the city's resources, but alas. He was there when yael whispered to them. "I agree...we did what we could, though I can't help but feel responsible for all of this." Henry remarked, as he looked down. "Seems like wherever we go, something disastrous happen. It's going to take weeks to repair the damage done here." Henry sounded like he was beating himself up for this, even though he shouldn't. It was in his nature to take responsibility for things.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, with the Aeternalis group after a rough night -

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Xion136 Xion136 Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

The Ignis maester heaved a wistful sigh as he stared out at the dawn, feeling refreshed only in some portions of his body not wrapped in gauze bandages. The pain of taking a few rocks thrown at him, some as big as himself or larger, was neither easy nor hard to deal with, but he was pleased with the fact that he brought trouble to things bigger than himself for the third time in a short while. It was a shame about the people lost and injured. He and the others had tried to save everyone they can, but those ancient mechanations of stone and plant were more than anyone bargained for. He hoped a traveling healer or reinforcements from any of the Courts, even Vivifica, would come to salve their wounds.

More than that, though, was a solemn melancholy as he pined for the presence of the Somnum maestra, Nero Leviathan Theo, that lasted for a fair number of hours as he just lay there on the planks. Now there was quite the girl -- strong, funny, beautiful in personality as well as body, and able to knock him off his feet -- but he wondered if it would even work. Two court leaders hard-pressed by their own factions and undergoing a lot of work could never be able to be together, right? Heck, he was not even sure about whether she felt similar to himself or not. Ah, to be a forty-something bachelor who never knew of love, and yet considered someone a candidate.

He parted ways of the balcony of the wooden deck he slept on -- he wanted to sleep under the stars, much to his muscles' annoyance because of how hard the boards were. Rolling his shoulders, he changed into a more colourful attire than his usual, a red shirt and black trousers that fit him well enough and was so immensely seamed that no amount of rippling muscles would pop his clothes free from him. Lastly, with his claymore and holster he stepped out to meet the rest, starting with Henry and Makoto if she was staying at the same place. Goodness knows they were tough to separate, though if she were smart she would keep a low profile instead of snuggling up to Henry. What scandal that might be.

"Henry! Time to leave! Pack your things. Our carriage awaits us!" he barked loudly so that anyone within fifty feet would hear him, whether or not they had five walls partitioning one from him.

Then he looked over and found him already out and about, hanging with Yael the shapeshifter. Daruk's eyes lit up before he rocketed over to him like a figure skater on land. The path was clear and free of vegetation and the heat easy to dissipate in the cool air, so he didn't have to worry much about repercussions.

"So there you are! I see you've met the shapeshifting guru. Something up? You look like you've been beaten at cards, or worse, dice . . . unless it is something to do with last night's incident." He clapped the young Ignis mage's shoulder regardless of whether he denied the statement or not. "We were caught with our metaphorical pants down. If better supplied, informed, and organised, we could have done so much more to save people, but sadly that's not the case. Those rocky buffoons, those bumbling giants -- they had to be dealt with in quick order. What we did was preserve more lives than if we split our goals, so take that to heart, eh? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with the village elder."

He looked about for the village elder, hoping to find him in the crowd, but if not he might have to find the house, for which he would ask around.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, in Sanctus Heights' Grand Cathedral (flashback in The Elvenwind) -

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Pali stared daggers at the blue-haired man as he left the premises, hearing the sound of retching from the bathroom. There was no sound of a scuffle or anything, and from the sounds of things from this distance it seemed to end on a good note between them, but the situation raised his hackles. What did he say to the girl in there? Did he trigger such nausea in her? He took mental note of how the man looked, as much description about him as he could muster thanks to the hidden eyes. Maybe it would come in handy later, but even his powers of observation was limited to the viewpoints he was able to generate.

First things come first, however, and he knocked on the bathroom door.

"Aquilla, is it? I'm coming in. Let me know if you're not decent."

He turned the handle and found it locked. Odd. Did she lock herself in there? He sighed and used wishful thinking on the doorknob, cranking the lock's tumblers until a click could be heard, then disappeared behind the door.

"What on earth happened in here? Are you all right?"

It was against his nature to ask the latter question, but something about the girl reminded him of his daughter, Lev, and for a moment maybe Aislynn when she was younger and wed. As much as it weakened him, he wanted to help the girl, even if it meant draining him from the source of his power. A little wouldn't hurt, right?

He felt his knees buckle from beneath him. Once it sounded like a momentary weakness that can be swept away like a fly, but now he realised that his action caused quite a bite into the power of his magic. He grumbled as he took a wastebasket, cleaned it up with wishful thinking, and shoveled small fruits like apples, grapes, kiwis (if they even exist), and pears into it.

While he sat down to eat the juicy fruits in his unique way, all separated out and peeled of fruit skins, then gobbled in alphabetical order (apples, then grapes, then kiwis, then pears), Arun stopped by. by the sounds of things, Vincent was looking for him, the Ignis engineer that he only briefly caught sight of every now and again. Vincent was unique in several ways, which intrigued Pali, and it would be at least feel decent to have conversation with someone of higher intellect.

He agreed to Arun's request, and thus Vincent's as well, and trudged up to the library where he seemed to be residing, feeling the eerie sensation of being observed as soon as he stepped foot inside. He did not shudder, but he felt an apprehension he did not care for and wished it would go away, and so it did.

"Good morning, Ignis engineer. How might I be of service to you?" He looked up and down the man and sniffed. "You look like you stayed up all night poring through those books. You couldn't have read through all of them, could you?"

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, in Sanctus Heights' Grand Cathedral's Breakfast Hall -

The night came and went fitfully. Jari tossed and turned through most of the night until he woke up early in the morning. The conversation he had with Shiroo was thought-provoking and worrying. He wondered what exactly he should do regarding the Invidia situation, but every direction pointed toward a "Be careful" sign in bold, italicised letters. He decided that would be best in all manners -- be careful about being led astray by anything but your heart, not even the Four Courts, not even Invidia, not even romance. Keeping a keen eye out for everything would be best. Little did he know, however, that Ychera had hidden herself deep within his subconscious, deciding that she should only provide hints from the shadow of his mind rather than out in the open.

The fox boy wandered downstairs and collected a fair amount of sweetmeats for the most part, then some apples and what looked like fried eggs in apple butter. He dined alone, but watched Arun and Pali communicate before Pali stepped off after dining. Strange guy, Pali. Definitely not his preferred company, but then again his preferred company would be . . .

He paused in his thoughts and then shook them away. No, nobody in that circle was here yet, but he did feel compelled to expand that circle. He picked up his food tray, then sat next to Arun.

"Hey there. I do not believe we met. The name's Jari. It is delightful to meet you," he spoke with as much cheer as he could manage, smiling up from above his food toward Arun.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City: Deputy's Office -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The Master's hand closed around the pocket watch once the officer had returned it to its rightful owner. It was special, and as such, never left her side. Something about the tone the officer used in his apology made the Maestra look at the poor man, noticing something strange in his eye. They had attracted much attention already. It would be better if they packed and resumed their path, but she could understand that everyone could be tired. Perhaps a night of rest in the city was what they needed. They could leave first thing in the morning.

"There is no need for an apology, officer, it happens," Nero said calmly as she put the pocket watch inside her pocket, "we understand that this is not your everyday situation. Accept our own apologies for that."

Nero, Mabel and Jynn followed the officer, and, after a few minutes, they arrived at the prison cells. Nero could hear a familiar voice.

"I would suggest against such actions, Miss Le Doux. A prison break won't be necessary," Nero said flatly.

Mabel quickly grasped the bars of the cell and spoke with Arkane. She was very worried about him, if her tears were any indication.

"Mister Gravemore, Miss Le Doux and you too," she said as she looked at Kiran, "let us leave and return to our hotel. We shall discuss further actions over dinner. We also need to find out the whereabouts of Miss De Wynter and Fyenne."

Giving the officer one last bow, Nero made her way back to the front desk and exited the building. She let out a deep sigh.

"Arkane, remind me to avoid such crowded areas in the future, yes?" Nero said, "Return to our hotel. I will inform our driver the place we are staying and that we shall leave first thing in the morning."

Nero instead went back to the entrance of the city where her driver would have been waiting in line to enter the city. She would expain the events that took place and then inform of the plan for the next morning. After doing so she would return to the Honey Badger B&B to discuss important matters with the party.
---------------------------
Nero woke up before sunrise, a habit hard to break since her academy days. She would take time to dress and make a spot of tea. She would move one of the chairs towards the window and then she would take a seat. Many things were running through her mind, the safety of Mabel and their eventual arrival at the Vivifica Court being the main focus. She didn't wanted a battle to break, that was far from the desired outcome. Vivifica mages followed their Maestra because they believed in whatever she had told them. What that something was, well, they needed to learn.

At some point she noticed Arkane leaving the inn. Why? She didn't know. Maybe he liked morning walks. One last look at her pocketwatch told her that it was almost time for breakfast.

Everyone was there, enjoying some warm breakfast. Arkane joined them at the right time, making his opinion known to the rest.

"I agree with that. Yesterday's display was not something that was planned, but what is done is done. People will talk and they will want to know who was responsible," Nero said as she took a sip of her tea cup, "also, there was something about the officer from yesterday. I don't trust him. We need to make preparations to continue our trip to Vivifica before something or someone find out that the High Priestess is in the city."

- Diane Corbeau and Incarose Vassar - Court of Umbra and Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral 1st Floor -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

The Elder was a strange person, or so Incarose thought as she watched him walk away. He was very calm, maybe a little too much? Maybe she was overthinking things, she was mentaly tired, after all. Diane also stared at the Elder, but quickly went back to what truly mattered.

"Well, I think we are allowed to use the library," she said, "let us begin with this task."

A few hours into the investigation of the journals Incarose stretched and left the library. She needed some fresh air and her eyes needed some rest after reading for a few hours. She stepped out of the cathedral and sat on one of the steps of the long stairway. The search for the blue haired man had been a failure, they had found some information thanks to the journals, but there were more books to read. She covered her face with her hands and sighed.

"It's dangerous to be outside and alone at this hour," A familiar voice said.
"Whu? Oh! Iseult, what are you doing here?" Incarose said as she looked back, "I thought you went back to the ranch."
"I did, now I'm back. I can see by your demeanor and lack of energy that something bad has happened?" Iseult said flatly.
"You could say that. We were supposed to look for a blue haired man that attacked one of the lieutenants. We didn't had much luck," Incarose said as she looked at her feet, "me and another mage ended up in a . . . questionable bar? It was awkward."
"Finding a blue haired individual in a city of this size is almost impossible, but I think you guys have learned that lesson." Iseult said.
"I know, I know . . . At least we got another clue we can follow. The team that was investing the Lieutenant's home found some journals with some information that might prove useful. Apparently it is linked to, uh, wraiths of the First Court? I dunno, we are still trying to understand these journals." Incarose said as she stood up, "Anyways! I need to go back and help the others. If you will be in town, maybe we can hang out once all of this is done."
"That would be agreeable. Now go, and remember to take a break if you feel tired." the ranger said.

Incarose waved at Iseult and then quickly went back inside the cathedral, leaving the ranger staring at her retreating form.

"It is not polite to spy on another's business." Iseult said.
"I apologise, I wanted to make sure the girl was alright," Diane said as she came out from the shadows, "I must kindly ask you to please refrain from divulging what you have heard this night."
"Of course," Iseult replied, her red eyes staring directly into Diane's own eyes, "We don't need more panic from the people, after all."
"Thank you for understanding," Diane said as she looked back to the cathedral, "Now if you excuse me-"

Once Diane turned to look at the white haired lady, she was already gone, as if she had never been there. This surprised Diane, there was no noise, no signs of movement, and yet the woman was gone. She was an acquaintance of the Ignis mage, so it was probably fine. After standing still for a minute, Diane went back into the cathedral, completely oblivious to the eyes that were following her every move.

Everyone worked very hard throughout the night, reading the journals, bringing snacks or more coffee. Diane was more than happy to help with those, as she didn't really needed either. She never got hungry or needed sleep, but the rest of the mages did. She always made sure that Vincent had a cup of coffee at his side. He was working very hard on trying to find anything important on the journals, probably more than anyone else in the library. Diane also saw Incarose lay her head on the table, only to fall asleep a few minutes later. She went to ask one of the servants for a blanket, luckily there were a couple that were awake and they quickly got the requested item. The Lich covered the redhead girl with the blanket before continuing with the journals.

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis -
Yael sighed, holding his head. When smudged visions of laughter and screams, he figured that they were mixed together. Screams of joy that would come from the celebration. Not that they would be the result of what would follow it. "Can you truly be blamed? It is the nature of mages to attract trouble." Yael said, looking over at Henry. "Mages, being part of a court or not, are both revered and feared. People and creatures wish to get rid of what they consider is a threat to the magical order. They hope to find aid. They hope to find fame. They hope to find a tool...mages attract trouble because it was through trouble that they were created." He waved his hand. He knew better than anyone that to live with magic was a heavy responsibility. One that not everyone was ready to handle. At least it seemed that Henry tried. That was better than nothing. Yael listened as Daruk spoke, and he was quick to the defense of the giants that had tried to kill them. His tail naturally shot up and his cat ears became alert. "They were not idiots, they were driven by either instinct or orders. But do not speak down of them." He huffed, turning away and turning into his black cat form. The cat would jump on Henry's shoulders, standing on them elegantly as he looked around. "I am hoping to see the child from last time..." He hadn't seen him since the banquet, and he was concerned. Was Timi ok?

Vincent was scribbling down notes when he heard Pali arrive. "Pali! There you are!" He smiled, standing up. "Well I think we're almost done." He admitted, turning to look at him. He frowned. "I don't stink, do I?...I could use a shower but I need to do finish these first!" He crossed his arms. "Right, why I called you here. Have...have you ever heard voices in your head. Now hear me out." He sat back down. "Have you ever had voices speaking to you inside your mind? Trying to order you around, or even giving advice? Maybe loss of time, too? Like you were at one place for a moment, and the next thing you know you had done something, but you had no memory of it? As if you had been dreaming?" Vincent asked, leaning against his hand. "As if...you were possessed." He raised a brow. "I need you to be honest. Please."

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, with Vincent in the Sanctus Heights' Cathedral's Private Library -

Pali held himself firmly as he leaned against the surface of the desk as Vincent discussed what was on his mind, staring at an indefinite point on the wall of books before him, then looking about in perusing manner.

"I have never come across this, no. No voices besides the ones I conjure, and no orders or advice given to me except by real people I have known of for years. I never really checked with everyone to see if what they told me was true, but I have not come across any red flags pertaining to them."

He glanced sharply toward Vincent for a few seconds, uncertainty in his eyes. He rose to his full height and paced down a wall of the room slowly, stopping at the fixated point that he was previously looking at, opening it and reading a few lines before closing the book with a whump.

"I take it that you suspect something like this is causing the situational net we are caught in. I can answer quite honestly that I have not come across any of this in my personal life or in my studies besides those of mental illness, or that of some strong psychic pushing. Psychiatry is no speciality of mine. Magic is, and I favour dealing with that which afflicts the dead than that which destroys the living, but if it means less headache for me I am all for assisting. Before I do, though, I wish to ask . . . why me, out of all of us here in the capital? I hardly feel myself worthy of any mantle regarding destruction."

He offered a mirthful smirk toward Vincent at his own joke, though the humour might be lost to everyone but him. He was not sure how well-informed Vincent was, but his powers may have been discovered by the other Courts.

Vincent looked like shit, but his thought process was rather straight when it came to the questioning. He listened attentively, watching him walk away and distracted himself with books while he explained. According to him he had not suffered through that yet. But as things were going, the list had not lied before. Would it be that odd to believe it now? He sat up a bit better on the chair as he was asked why him. "The investigations we have partaken had led us to one hell of a rabbit hole, hence why we are here now reading all of these books. You are not the only one that has been asked to come here. However you are the only one we could get a hold of, considering that everyone else on the list is either outside the city or we have no idea who they are." He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. He lifted his gaze, staring at Pali right in the eyes. "Well, I believe your word, Pali. Some of these symptoms are not notable by you alone, though. I believe I should talk with other members of your court too, just to make sure that they haven't noticed something that could have gone over your head. Any members still in the city that you can say are close enough to you for me to interview in regards to your habits?" He shrugged, leaning back against the chair. "Oh yeah, one more thing too. Does the name Caelum mean anything to you?"

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Searching for Something -
Arun walked around the cathedral, looking around as he had just finished breakfast. He should have been off aiding in the reconstruction of the city, but Vincent had caught him before breakfast and asked him a favor.

"Arun! Your magic focuses on earth, right? Which means that you can use the vibrations of it to detect walls and buildings and people...I need you to do something for me..."

Arun would find somewhere in the first floor to relax. Didn't have to be somewhere specific. Maybe even just a corner, and he found it. Behind a statue of one of the many past priestesses that decorated a hall. He would slide behind the curtain and behind the statue, and settle down on the floor between the statue and the wall behind it. He sat down, placing one bare hand on the cold stone floor while the other touched the wall besides him. He closed his eyes, tuning out the world around him. The noises around him slowly disappeared, and he focused on the Earth itself. The earth and its vibrations, and everything around them. Every step, every voice, every vibration caused an echo that bounced off the floors and walls. Thick walls with nothing but concrete within would muffle away the sound, pushing it right back to the source. But walls with something behind them, another room or an empty space, would absorb the noise.

"I need you to use your seismic sense. I need you to see if this cathedral is hiding something within plain sight..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back