• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City entrance -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

"I'm afraid that staying on the slums would be a little reckless on our part, Mabel. You see, while I am sure there are good people there, there is also bad people. Those willing to steal, attack, or worse. A modest inn should suffice for the night. We should make all the necessary preparations to continue our journey early in the morning," Nero said calmly, " Let's look for a modest inn, then we can decide what to do after that.

Along the way a group of men whistling at Arkane, thinking him to be a woman. This led to a somewhat amusing response from the Umbra mage. Nero had to resist the urge to chuckle.

"Do be careful, gentlemen, one wrong word and your world could transform into one full of pain. Or that's what people say about Umbra mages, isn't it?"

The Maestra didn't waited for a response, instead she followed the rest of the group, mostly staying where she could keep an eye on Mabel and Jynn.

"Remember, stay together, don't wander off, keep your eyes open. We must be aware of our surroundings, but don't draw too much attention."

Hopefully they would find a modest inn where they could make plans, restock supplies, and rest for the night.

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

"The dark kind, powerful dark magic that is able to bind the soul to a different outside object after it departed from its mortal vessel," Diane answered Vincent, "with the way the automaton was acting, I'm afraid that, perhaps, someone sealed a soul into it. It takes time for a soul to be aware of their surroundings. Maybe this automaton was confused and scared. This is just a theory, of course."

Diane kept reading for a little while longer, this book contained many more spells and runes. Some dark, others for every day use. She wondered why the Lieutenant had this hidden inside a secret safe. Eventually Vincent gave her Elia's necklace.

"I will give your necklace back once we see your father. Is that acceptable, Elia?" Diane asked, "I can see in your face that this necklace is important to you, but, please, understand that this could be a clue that could help this investigation."

The pale woman stared into Elia's eyes, hopefully she would agree to such terms. She could notice that Elia didn't liked Vincent that much. And she couldn't blame her, but Vincent was trying his best to solve the mystery of the automaton.

"Wether your sister gets involved or not is yet to be determined. If she is, then she will be taken and judged accordingly. If she is innocent, then she has nothing to fear," she said calmly, "If all of you are ready to go, I will take you to the place were the Lieutenant is."

Diane put the book on a pocket inside her cloak, same with the necklace, but not before giving Elia a look that said "You will get it back soon." She was the first to leave after making sure everything was in its original place, and she barely looked at the people outside the office as she made her way out. It would take less than an hour to reach Elvenwind, Vala Hasan's peculiar store. This, of course, was mostly a front to keep her real bussines a secret. On their way to the store, Diane made sure to keep an eye out, just in case someone was following them, once sure that they were safe, she made her way inside the shop. Vala Hassan waited behind the counter, her gentle smile hiding a hint of mischief.

"Welcome to Elvenwind. I am Vala Hassan, how can I be of help?" the silver haired woman said, "Oh, you're back, Miss Corbeau, and you brought guests! Are they, perhaps, interested in browsing my exotic wares?"

The Lich's stare was blank and devoid of any hint of amusement. Vala chuckled at this.

"I'll take that as a no. Are you here to check on your partner, perhaps?" Vala said.

"That is correct, Miss Hassan. As you can see, I have brought those who are helping in the investigation of the rogue automaton. Miss Mako and Vlad from the Court of Somnum. Vincent from the Court of Ignis. And the young lady is the daughter of the Lieutenant," Diane said flatly, "might we be allowed to check on him."

Vala put the tip of her finger over her lips, a thoughtful look on her face, this happened for a few seconds until she smiled.

"The Lieutenant is not in the best state, Miss Corbeau, but I suppose I could allow a time for visitors." Vala answered.

Miss Hassan took her time to close the shop. Making sure they wouldn't be bothered by anyone while the group was there. Once she made sure that the door and curtains were closed, she went to the back room, waving the group in the process. She walked the group along the halls, all the doors locked. She stopped when she reached the Lieutenant's room.

"Now, remember that the Lieutenant was not, how should I put this? In the best condition when you brought him here, Miss Corbeau. I did my best to heal his wounds, but there's only so much that magic can heal," Vala said as she slowly opened the door, "please, take all the time you need."

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Thanny Thanny

Incarose was impressed about how Arun and Pali worked together, using their abilities to . . . track? the pair that walked by a couple of minutes before. Arun focused on whatever he was doing, Incarose looking around to see if she could spot the pair.

"I agree on that, Mister Pali. This city is full of people, it can be confusing at times. I suppose that is why I prefer to stay away from such places."

This was not the ful truth. Staying away from people was the best choice to keep them safe from her sudden outbursts, but she wasn't going to tell them about that. There was no need. Finally Arun found what he was looking for, and Incarose quickly followed the yound man.

"He did it! Let's follow Arun, Mister Pali!" Incarose said.

- Vlad - The Shadow over Somnus - Following Vincent and Diane -

Vlad had about enough of this, now they were mostly beating around the bush with the young girl and not getting anywhere, Mako got the book, and with it its contents and a...necklace? then soon enough a talk about Elia's supposed involvement with the automaton and Elia's sister being brought up into this, to which Elia was heavily opposed to, even though she showed it in a pretty silly way.

"Heh, I don't think we should bring anyone else into th-" Diane soon cut him off as he was about to try and reassure Elia. "Or we can bring her into this too, I guess, can you at least give her the nek-" He was once again interrupted, this time by both Vincent and Diane. "Or keep it to yourself, that works too...though im pretty sure that's just blackmail now." Vlad shruged with a scoff. Turning to Mako and extending a hand, some interest kindled upon the book that was inside the safe. "Can I see the book, Mako?" He asked her.

It was time to head off to meet the liutenant, the man whose's room and office they pretty much ramsacked for the intel, on his way out to follow Diane he came upon something in the corner of his eye, causing him to double back, it was a small bottle of bourbon! he figured police officials used to drink while at work, but what a surprise to find a bottle in the office, Vlad nonchalantly picked it up and drunk the entire thing along the way as he followed Diane, throwing the bottle aside into a shadow which all too eagerly absorbed the bottle into nothingness. If anything he got something out of this whole thing.

They soon arrived at a...shop...yeah, a shop. With Diane conversing with the supposed owner of the store, who asked if they were interested in her exotic wares. "I am, in fact." Vlad spoke up, breaking the silence, but duty called. "But after this of course." He reassured his teammates before they gave him any look or lip.

And with it, he followed them into the room with the Liutenant.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice RikuXIII RikuXIII Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Henry Heid - The Sun of Ignis - Aeternalis -

The ride to the city was...well, it was both eventful and uneventful, he tried making small talk with everyone in the carriage, trying to ignore the fact that Makoto kept putting her legs on his lap, sitting on his lap, trying to hold hands with him during the carriage and exchanging looks, it was rather hard to make any fruitful conversation overrall, but luckily the travel was faster than he thought it would be.

They were quickly greeted by a crowd! all praising Daruk, the maester of Ignis and Mia, one man in particular, a Senior greeted them most of all...but he noticed that the man's eyes stopped on him for a few moment, this sparked something within Henry, a hint of curiosity maybe? Regardless, they maneuvered through the crowds, Makoto held his hand, making him blush slightly as he tightly held onto it as they went through the crowds following the senior.

As they arrived at a rather luxuous abode, and with a promise of a banquet in tow it was all coming along nicely, at least their part of the travel anyway. But Henry's mind still lingered. Once most if not everyone of the caravan party had gone inside the hotel, Henry would approach the man. "Excuse me, mister". Henry greeted him, sheepishly and politely.

"I was accompanying Sir Daruk as we came into the city, thank you for the warm welcome...but I noticed you looked at me longer than most." Henry spoke cleanly and directly towards the man. "You know who I am, sir?"

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 Thanny Thanny

- Arno Cross - Arrived at Vita city -

This whole talk of the Tenebris and it's members proved a good passtime, Vaike had no shortage of stories and information about them and its members, heh he already know more than most mages did and the irony of that was amusing. He allowed Vaike to grab his luggage, which was just a plain looking briefcase of sorts, and within it would have less clothes than one would imagine, a spare pair of pants and a shirt or two, what was left inside the luggage? An old revolver, a memento more, a quite substantial amount of ammo and and cartridges, and some tools for opening and cleaning his guns, also a screwdriver. But nobody knew that but Arno, who wasted no time pulling out a cigarette from his inner pockets, lighting it up with a bit of fire magic in his finger, and quickly flailing his finger to snuff it out, almost as if the fire was of mild discomfort to him.

"Vita city..." Arno muttered, "Not a city I really care about...but it has it's uses" Arno said as he smoked some of his cigarette.

Tibarn wasted no time asking where they would go and what they should do, to which Arno shrugged. "I think that's for Vaike to decide, he's the one hiring us. But a suggestion..." And another drag of his cigarette, "If they're already here they must have checked in at an Inn or a hotel, we should do the same...or we start asking around" Arno suggested, sounding mostly disinterested in the whole thing, he did not like Vita city, he had a lot of bad memories of this city back from his younger days, though the city was mostly constantly worked on, he still noticed the years old bullet marks on the side of the train station, a memory of one of his and some friends daring escapes in their prime.

"If we do ask around, I have contacts in the slums" Arno finished.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Richter Vanis - The Aether Sage of Vivifica -

Should Zion venture into the gardens, which is where Richter usualy resided in to meditate, the garden resonated with his Aether, the sheer magic he let off resonating within the place, making it feel more magical than it already was.

In there Richter pondered on what to do, having previously spoken with Aislinn in the same garden a few moments ago, he now stood alone, grasping the situation he was in.
It would be easy for her to spot him, just look for the man with the long and glowing hair. With magic emanating off him.

Xion136 Xion136 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, within the City of Everlasting Dreams -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Xion136 Xion136 RikuXIII RikuXIII

Daruk was pleased with the spectacle before him. History would him as a wee bit vainglorious -- okay, he was very vainglorious -- but he enjoyed being the highlight of a small town after the village elder gathered a crowd. He waved jovially to the many spectators, chest bellowing with laughter and a mighty grin lying on his face. Yael pulled some antics too, which made him laugh even louder if that was even possible.

"Gwa ha! Thank you, thank you! We are just passing through, carting a special something very important to each of the Four Courts, or even the world. If any of you know a great spot for a good rest, I'd appreciate it! It has been a long trek, and I and the others value a fine room to rest in!"

A twinkling eye rested on Henry as he and the others followed the kindly elder led them on to a traveler's house, filled with all of the extravagances that the worn vagabond would want, including, if he guessed correctly, beds! He turned back toward whatever part of the crowd that had followed them and said to them, "Never mind! This is where we will stay for the night! Your hospitality is marvelous, though, so I will come to visit this place more often! HAH! Come on, my fellow gents and ladies, ladies and gents of the Courts! Into the building, especially if there is a banquet!" He turns to Yael. "Let's go, tiny changeling man! We will eat to our heart's content!"

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, within Sanctus Heights' streets -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Elrandir Elrandir

Arun's excitement was contagious, inspiring Pali into smiling for a short bout of time. The magic he passed on seemed to be effective, which was very rewarding to him.

Pali cracked a grin at Kolm's remarks. He did not recall the man from anywhere, though he was surprised to hear of Aquilla, and see her shortly thereafter. So the girl from before was still around. Interesting. Incarose's calling him Mister Pali also amused him to no end, and he turned toward Kolm, the six eyestalks fluttering behind him.

"It seems the others desire to move on, so perhaps we should move on with them. Don't worry. To mages these eyes and eyestalks are much more noticeable than to those without latent magic because it uses magebound light. Perhaps the blue-haired individual we seek is a mage as well and will move away when he observes them. That is my intent. With my gaze I can likely catch him once he turns."

He looked Kolm over, intrigued by the young man.

"Walk with me as I chase after these younguns, please. Aquilla too, if you would be a dear. You, young man, have a curious presence, and I find that refreshing. In addition, we won't lose ourselves in the crowd as the others trot off. Are you a mage yourself, unaffiliated or not?"

Sigebart followed behind Pali as the old young man walked toward the blue-haired individuals, Arun, and Incarose. Pali hoped that Kolm and Aquilla would follow as well. He desired having more live company.

Last edited:
–The Honeybadger B&B – Vita City–

Exhaustion was present on the woman's face as she wrung out the 50th shirt over a basin of water. Her hands were dry and cracked from hand washing clothing, dark circles under her eyes indicating that she hadn't slept well in quite some time. Her golden-brown hair framed her face elegantly, and despite the wear and wrinkles around her eyes, the woman held quite the amount of beauty. She was perhaps in her mid-forties, with some gray strands of hair infiltrating her long soft-brown locks. Her brown eyes remained fixated on her work, until a voice behind her made her pause.

"Elante, my dear girl. Going from the noble's daughter to the lowly servant girl, wandering the streets of Vita City alone? Was this my doing?"

Leaning in the doorframe was a man of average height and stature, perhaps no older than twenty-five. Dark bangs fell to one side of his face, hair cut short. At least five earrings ran down the length of his right ear, a ring present in the top cartilage. His emerald-green eyes glittered as the serving woman turned around to look at him, his lips curved into a smug grin. Her look went from shock to horror, and immediately she dropped the shirt into the basin of water.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed. "Leave me be!"

Dramatically the man brought a hand to his chest, shaking his head. "Oh, goodness! I haven't seen the love of my life in over twenty-five years, and this is how I am greeted?"

Her eyes narrowed into slits. "I do not love you."

For some reason her words didn't seem to have the impact on him that one would've thought. He strode over to her, waving a hand and causing the shirt to rise from the depths of the basin. "That may very well be true, but you did once. I know that you did. And I still love you."

By now he'd drawn quite close to her. He drew a hand to stroke her cheek, her eyes fluttering closed as he did so. He leaned in closer to her face, as though to kiss her, and instead whispered, "I know that you may resent me. I can hardly blame you for it. I would perhaps resent me, too, had I been in your place."

"You lied," Elante murmured, without moving. "You disappeared. You weren't anything that you said that you were. You used me."

"And if I had told you the truth, what then? Would you have believed me?"

Elante said nothing. She retreated back a few paces, hands gripping the basin that she'd been working at. "Why are you here?" she finally asked, finally finding her voice with which to speak. The man's expression held amusement, as though he'd been just dying for her to ask that question.

"I can't stay long–"

"You never can."

"–But I just needed to see you again. To speak with you. While indeed, I have lived long and have been with many women, you are the first–and only–that I have truly come to love. The world is changing. There are invisible strings being pulled, puppets hard at work. Soon I shall be able to return indefinitely, and when I do I promise that I will never leave your side. I will rule Regalia, with you alongside me as my queen, and our beloved daughter–"

"Leave our daughter alone," Elante growled, for the first time seeming rather hostile to his presence. He chuckled at her, mouth twisted into an amused smile.

"Our daughter is already on the playing field, whether you want her to be or not," he informed her. "She is the central point to all of this change. Without her, I would not be standing here before you, nor would I be able to return to this world in full."

Elante closed her eyes again, this time a tear rolling down her cheek. "What do you want from me, Caelum? Have you not done enough?"

"Say that you'll marry me," he whispered, gripping her hand. "Promise to meet me in Sanctus Heights when we reclaim the Grand Cathedral. Stand alongside me forever. I can make it happen if you but say the word. I can give you anything that you want. Allow me to make things right for all of the suffering that I have brought upon you for all of these years."

She opened her eyes, searching the man's face for a long moment. His appearance became less fixated as time went on, his body more translucent and his touch seeming more distant. It was true: he couldn't be there long. Soon he would disappear again, only this time Elante welcomed it.

"If you come back," she said softly, slowly, "I wish to never see you again. I do not want to hear of you, or think of you, or even remember you. You are an awful despicable person, Caelum, preying on the weak and whims of others for your own personal gain. Even my hand, I am sure, is all apart of your game. There is no way that someone like you knows anything about love. I will not accept it, nor will I accept you."

A tense quiet filled the room. Elante could hear her breath; Caelum was not breathing. His lips drew into a thin line, releasing her hand and drawing back from her.

"Very well. If you will not be my queen, then you will be my slave. I will force our daughter to turn on the people of Regalia, and I will force you to sit there and watch. I will make her suffer, and make you be the source of her suffering. I will destroy everything that you held dear, and make you sniff at the ashes that are left. You will beg for my good favor, and will relish in that you shunned me when you had the chance to be instead loved by me." His tone was even, almost pleasant, as he said these horrible things to her, as though they were having a delightful conversation about their next breakfast outing.

Elante winced, backing away as far as she could without tumbling into the water basin. She bowed her head, and when she lifted her gaze to look at where he once stood he was gone–no trace of him remained. Whimpering, Elante slid down to her knees, drawing them close as she broke into sobs.

(Full update incoming)

Last edited:
(Part Two)

–Vita City– (Caravan Party)
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Fyenne turned to glance at Eclaire. The young girl hadn't released the cat woman's hand throughout their entire trek once they'd reached the city. The location seemed to have the young girl on edge, at the very least, and she cowered behind Eclaire when they'd encountered the ruffians flirting with Arkane.

"Yes, they do have a hideout here," Fyenne responded. "In a rich part of town, there's a manor. It seems like your average cafe, but above it the Ebon Flame operates and rents out the space below. The normalcy of the location is a rouse to detract from their business above. However, they aren't there always. If their hideout is somewhere that you would like to see, I can guide you to it. I also know the passphrase to get in."

Mabel's bubbly exterior melted into horror as Jynn recounted the things that he'd witnessed in the slums. "How could people be so horrid?" Mabel blurted, clasping her hands tightly together in front of her. "I mean, I knew that thievery occurred and other petty crimes, as it would with those of a more unfortunate living status, but all of those things?!" She shook her head, brown hair flailing. "I am sorry, all of you. You are right . . . . I don't know what I am doing here. If it weren't for all of you being so cautious, I would likely end up in a terrible way here."

She nodded in the direction of Nero as she spoke. "I shall defer to your judgment, Professor Nero. A modest inn would suffice. Do we have enough coin?" She briefly reflected on Nero casually giving coins away to the young performing girl, and while she would have done the same regardless of their financial position, she did wonder if they could still afford their own room.

The party had two possibilities in terms of an inn to stay at. There was the Honeybadger B&B, a simple yet clean inn. Its reputation was outstanding, seeing a flock of tourists and yet security lingered heavily around the premises. The Honeybadger was family-owned, though they hired widely.

The Featherlite Inn was their second prospect. This location was deeper into town, in a quiet and slightly more secluded area. It didn't get hit up as often as the Honeybadger, but, as a result, fewer bodyguards were stationed there.

Both had pretty comparable rates, and both would make for fine choices.

Before the party made a decision, however, heavy footfalls approached. Arkane would feel someone crash into him, a young man with dark tanned skin and black hair. One side of his head was shaved, while the other was done in a thick, intricate braid. His eyes widened as they fell on Arkane, looking fearful.

"I–my apologies," he murmured, accent thick. It was likely that he heralded from The Outskirts. He would try to make a break for it again, if Arkane and the others allowed it. In the short distance the others could see four ruffians making their way through a heavy crowd, heading for them. One had a club raised high and was shouting profanities.

–Vita City: TEAM ZION–
Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

The thief was taken aback when the horses didn't respond well to Isabelle. He'd thought her to be such a gentle-natured girl! Could it sense her apprehension, or her anxieties?

At last she did mount one, Remy giving the horse one good pat on the nose before mounting a horse alongside the Umbra mage. Little did he realize that Isabelle wasn't familiar with riding, nor guiding a horse on her own.

"Sorry that we're late," he informed Ronin and Eden, once the other Umbra mage had escaped his grandmother and retreated to their side. "Did you guys choose our route to get to Vivifica?

Heading directly southeast they would find the Vita River within a few hours, which they could follow directly to the Vivifica Temple. Where the temple was at, specifically, alluded them, however. It was likely that they would need a Vivifica mage to reveal the temple itself to them.

–Vita City– (Bounty Hunters)
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

As Arno lit his cigarette it looked like Tibarn was at odds with himself, partly wanting to snatch it from the man's hand just to snuff it out. He hated the fact that Arno smoked, but then Arno probably hated it that Tibarn drank. They were at an impasse with each others' unhealthy habits and trying to break the other of theirs.

Vaike glanced toward Arno as well at the discussion of where to head. "The slums it is, then," he agreed. "If you have connections, I would like to make use of them to try to track the priestess. The more intel we have, and eyes and ears on the lookout for her, the better."

"Maybe we should just give them a description of the girl that we're looking for," Tibarn suggested. "And not say that it is the priestess. Who knows what kind of ideas they may get if they know we're looking for the high priestess herself."

Since Saffron was paying close attention to the streets, she would find that Gabriel seemed to attract a bit of attention. A few men with pointed ears kept glancing his way, one of them even jerking their head in his direction as though they were speaking about him! She would also see a group emerging from a hill, where rather expensive estates resided: it was Remy, Isabelle, Ronin, and Eden. There was perhaps nothing unusual about them to her, and to Team Zion there was nothing unusual about the bounty hunters. They were just two parties passing one another, unless Saffron had been close enough to overhear Remy mention heading to Vivifica . . . .

Should they move on to the slums, it was about a thirty-minute walk. It was the typical slums (think Final Fantasy VII slums), with people resting alongside trashcans, beggars lining the streets, and the shops around looking worn and rather run-down. A woman with dreadlocks emerged from the corner store, carrying a sack of who-knows-what that she held protectively to her body. The streets were mostly empty when they arrived, however.

–Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Thanny Thanny

The elder frowned at the mention of precious cargo. That was, however, his eyes fell upon Makoto, adorned in Mabel's high priestess robes alongside Henry. He gasped before bowing toward her.

"High Priestess! Forgive an old man for not noticing you sooner," he murmured. His words caused a hush to fall upon the rest of the crowd, before others bowed in like, many rushing up to kiss Makoto's hands. In reality, it should have seemed odd that Makoto stood alongside a male Ignis Mage, but none thought anything of it. Or, if they did, no one questioned it.

Behind them Mia gruffly exited the carriage, shooing several people away from Makoto and grasping the girl's shoulder.

"All right, all right! That'd be enough from the lot of ya! The high priestess deserves more than to be flocked around and swooned over!" She patted Makoto's hand, and there was something very genuine about the manner in which she did this. "Come Mabel. Let us refresh ourselves before dinner."

The people also seemed gullible enough to buy the story that Yael was a vegetarian, though likely they would start to poke holes in his story if he disproved that claim over the banquet . . . ! The boy that Yael approached in bird form glanced up, smiling as he extended an arm out for Yael to perch himself on.

"You are so cool," the boy voiced. "How is it that you can transform into animals? Are you some kind of animal whisperer, or a spirit . . . ?"

"No talk of spirits, Timmy," he mother chided. "They are forbidden here in Aeternalis, you understand?"

The boy ignored her, continuing to jabber on to Yael, as though the shapeshifter was his new best friend. Soon Yael would learn about his best friend named Sami, his desire to be an Ignis Mage like Anya, and the fact that he was also a vegetarian but didn't like string beans.

After they'd arrived at the manor and had allowed to their rooms or bathrooms to wash up, the elderly man had gone to leave until stopped by Henry. He watched him for a moment, blinked, and then gave out a hollow laugh.

"Sharp eye you have," he said, offering the Ignis Mage a smile. "I did indeed glance at you longer than the others, mostly because I am trying to pinpoint why I know you, especially since you do not seem to know me. What is your name, lad?"

–Sanctus Heights–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir

The blue-haired couple glanced back, breaking into a run now that Arun was seeking them. They could easily be caught if Arun or any of the other mages set their mind to it. If Arun and Incarose proceeded to stop them, they would have to physically halt them from trying to run, whether by physical means or via magic.

"What do you want from us?" the woman would demand, while her boyfriend would attempt to land a punch on Arun, first to the cheek and if not the stomach region.

Meanwhile, Kolm watched as Arun and Incarose bolted after the blue-haired couple, eventually diverting his gaze from them as Pali spoke to him. At first Kolm glanced over his shoulder, as if Pali couldn't possibly be speaking to him! He swallowed hard and nodded.

"Unaffiliated mage, sir. Though I wish to affiliate myself with a court, upon the return of the courts' maesters and maestra," he responded. "May I ask which court you are aligned with?" He partially hoped that Pali was not a Somnum mage, but at this point he wouldn't have been surprised. He wasn't sure what kind of powers floating eyes would be affiliated with, but it didn't seem like an Ignis skill.

With Aquilla's battle stance Kolm lifted a brow in confusion, but Pali's casualness suggested to the youth that there was nothing to be alarmed about, and instead Kolm complied and followed the Umbra mage toward the rest of the gang, who now likely surrounded this blue-haired couple that'd tried to run.

"A curious presence, you say?" Kolm inquired, shooting a nervous glance toward Sigebart alongside him, who followed along behind Pali meekly. "What makes you say that? Also, er, what exactly ails your friend here? He doesn't, ah, seem quite well to me." He jerked his head in the direction of Sigebart, clearly oblivious to Pali's "practices."

–Sanctus Heights: Elvenwood, the Exotic Wares Shop–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

"Exotic wares?" Elia inquired, glancing around, eyes widening at some of the things which she saw in Miss Hassan's shop. It was clear that she wasn't accustomed to such wares, nor the term. However, she followed the party as they were led to where Mastiff was kept. She had been displeased that she wasn't permitted to have her necklace back, but she complied. It was something in the way that Diane had said it that left her with a small amount of peace. Elia also kept shooting Vlad sympathetic glances, as if they both secretly didn't want to be here but were doing it because they had to.

At the sight of Mastiff lying pale on a bed, however, Elia broke away from the others. "Dad!" She ran over to his side, running a hand across his forehead and over his cheek. "He looks awful! What happened to him?" She turned imploringly toward Diane, and then Vlad, refusing to look at Vincent. She was internally blaming the Ignis non-mage for everything that had been happening, even though the poor man was just doing his job.

She held her hands over Mastiff's still form, closing her eyes and scrunching up her nose in concentration. Her palms began to glow with a green aura, which began to encapsulate the wounded sight where he'd been stabbed. After several moments Elia fell forward onto him, trembling and seemingly growing very weak and pale. Mastiff's condition went unchanged.

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vita City

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Xion136 Xion136 Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Jynn notices Mabel’s personality change, clearly disturbed by hearing his experiences in the slums. Jynn tries to comfort her, grasping one of her hands. “Its okay...”

It wasn’t long before it was time to make a decision about where to stay. It was either the Honeybadger B&B, or Featherlite Inn. Jynn has been to both before, but he much preferred the Honeybadger, as he was never figured out to be a mage, and was never bothered. “I’d recommend the Honeybadger B&B. I’ve always had good experiences there, despite the petite room sizes. Nobody really acknowledges that I’m a court mage.” Mabel and Jynn would start to feel Mel prancing around eagerly. The B&B always had the best TNT hay and alfalfa to provide to the equine friends, at least to his taste.

But before the rest make a decision, a man accidentally runs into Arkane, fleeing from, seemingly, a group of delinquents. Jynn had a desperate drive to jump off his horse and bring them to justice and save the day, and it would be very easy to notice the resistance to his urges. But the act would possess consequences to him. Being a Vivifica mage, should anyone take note of that fact, they may rat him out, and try to arrest him, like the redhead on the train a few days prior. Not only that, Mabel would run the risk of being attacked and discovered, the very thing the group was here to avoid.

An idea pops to his head. It was a concerning one, but it would benefit the group’s goal and mission. He turns to the Somnum maestra. “Professor Nero, hear me out, but how about you and the rest of the group fight off those delinquents? If I join, I might be ratted out like I was at Sanctus Heights, should anyone figure out what court I’m affiliated with.” He looks to Mabel before returning his gaze to Nero. “How about me and a couple mages take her to the inn, so she is out of the way from harm?”

Last edited:
- Vlad - That random shadow dude - Vala's exotic shop of wondruous lingeries -

Well, they got to the lieutenant, that they did...but he looked worse for wear than he originally thought, "Well...damn" Vlad commented on his state as he looked around the room, at least the man was alive and would make somewhat of a recovery, or so he hoped.

He stood quiet as Elia ran to check on her father, as worried as a kid would understandably be seeing their father wounded on a bed, asking Diane what happened and seemingly ignoring, considering his treatment of her he wasn't surprised she saw him that way, either way he kept watch as she seemingly began to use magic.

He inched closer to Diane, "is that...healing magic?" Vlad asked, as he was then quick to react as Elia began to stumble forward, quickly stepping forth and grabbing her by the shoulders so she wouldn't fall on top of the Lieutenant. "Ah, so you do have magic, Lass." Vlad commented, quickly pulling over a chair and sitting Elia on it so she could rest.

Elrandir Elrandir Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Henry Heid - The Sun of Ignis - Aeternalis -

"You're right, I don't know you..." Henry spoke, as he looked around a bit, the man was clearly from around here, a local perhaps? He was surprised as the man so boldly asked for his name right out of the blue, taken aback for a second before recomposing himself.

"My name is Henry Heid. From the court of Ignis." He introduced himself hoping to spark something in the man's memories, as he seemingly knew him for some reason.
"Perhaps you know someone related to me?" Henry asked him right afterwards.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

(Arno and Richter are awaiting for people to post first).

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

"It is quite alright, Mabel. I suppose this is your first time having this amount of freedom. It is understandable. Just remember that sometimes things aren't what they seem," Nero said while looking at Mabel, "Coin? We have enough to cover for our accommodations if that's what you are worried about. More than that, in fact. I am sure each person has gold on them, but I have enough to cover a wide range of things. So, don't worry about such thing. It will be alright."

Nero took the time to ask around for a good and modest inn. Some of the locals gave them some directions, others prefered to continue with their routines. People recommended either the Honeybadger B&B or the Featherlite. Taking into consideration the information that was given to her, both inns had their pros and cons. One with enough tourists that it would be easy to blend in, and with enough security for the people staying for the night. The other one was more secluded, away from prying eyes, but it also had less security. What to do. Jynn had been to the Honeybadger, and he gave his honest opinion about the inn. Perhaps that would be the perfect choice. At this point a young looking man crashed against Arkane.

"Are you alright, young man? You look as if you've seen a ghost," she said calmly, "do you need any help?"

Jynn's words made the Maestra turn around, finally taking notice of the group that was coming their way.

"There is no need to fight, Mister Venas. And believe me, with the amount of mages travelling into the city, it would be difficult to make sure which court each mage belongs too, unless they make it painfully obvious," she said flatly, "starting an unnecessary fight in the middle of the street will only bring unwanted attention to us. And that is something that we should avoid. That doesn't mean that we can defend ourselves if we are attacked. Just be sure to stay at Mabel's side, yes?"

The Maestra moved her horse between Arkane and the young man and the coming group of ruffians, obviously protecting them.

"Good day, gentlemen. Might I ask what is it that you want with this young man?" Nero asked, never taking her eyes off the ruffians, "Perhaps this could be fixed in a more civil way, rather than with violence, yes?"

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind Lingerie Shop -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Vala gave Vlad a smile, whether it was a flirty one or a mischievous one was not really clear.

"Well, Mister Vlad, I might show you what I currently have in stock. But important things first." Vala said.

It was interesting watching the Lieutenant's daughter, so young and pure, but more importantly, she had the potential to become a mage. Diane didn't introduced her as a mage, which meant she was not affiliated to a court. Dangerous business. What was the Lieutenant playing at.

"I'm afraid that your father suffered from blood loss after being stabbed, dear child. Miss Corbeau was kind enough to save him from his assailant, then she entered my store and, after seeing the state of the poor man, I knew I had to give them a hand!"

Diane rolled her eyes slightly, they were mostly covered by her hood, so no one would really notice that.

"It is healing magic. And the Lieutenant was attacked by this blue-haired man. He said that itika allowed him to regain physical form and leave the realm of spirits. I don't understand what he was talking about, but he didn't seemed normal," Diane said, "the items in that safe hold the key, he asked me to to get Elia and whatever was inside, he tried to say something about drawings. Oh, and I suppose now I can return this to you, Elia."

Diane took both the book and necklace out and stared at them, wondering what other secrets the book had, and the importance of the necklace. She would give Elia the necklace once she felt better. Vala walked towards Vlad and Elia, she then touched the young girl's cheek just as her hand began to glow.

"You are quite the gentleman, aren't you?" she said before focusing on Elia, her touch releasing healing energy into Elia, "Your father needs time to recover. Healing magic can only do so much. Trust me, I've been working hard tending to his condition. Perhaps he will regain consciousness in a couple of days."

Last edited:
- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams -
Yael would perch himself on the boy's hand, chirping. "I was born able to speak to animals. Before long, I could copy them. But transforming a lot makes me hungry." He admitted. He would listen in on the boy, having a soft spot for him. He learned of Sami, and the fact that he was also a vegetarian. Damn it, now he had to pretend to be a vegetarian too! Maybe he could sneak in some meat, though. "If your friend needs help handling his magic, I can offer him advice. The ignis mage over there is very skillful, as well, and will be more than happy than to offer you some pointers." He did not need to be told twice in regards to the banquet. "Coming~ We are on our way!" He would see as the ruse of having someone else dress as Mabel work much too flawlessly. It was almost suspicious. "If it helps, I do not eat humans specifically." He would chirp away in return and share knowledge with the child. Most of it was just curious stuff he had learned over the years. How cats truly do have nine lives, and the soul goes through all nine of them via magical reincarnation before finally reaching their last. How dogs like to be scratched behind the ears because it fills them with happy emotions. How stars have disappeared, and new ones added. He would amuse him and admit that string beans were not a favorite either, but were good for the body.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Searching in Sanctus Heights -
Arun plaid no games. He waited for a moment, and when he saw a free space in between, he pressed a hand against the nearest wall. The wave of magic would surge from himself towards them, along the wall and then to the ground before them. From there a wall of earth would rise up, blocking their way. Arun approached, his eyes glowing slightly as he raised his hand. "My apologies. But we merely have questions for you." He asked. The man attempted to punch him. Did the man forget that Arun wore armor? Arun grabbed a hold of the man's hand in his, catching the punch, staring down at him and rising the temperature in the grip. Not to burn. But enough to warn him. "Please. We are not trying to bring harm. We have received reports that someone with blue hair has been involved the scene of a crime which has impeded the investigation of the automaton...and you two fit the part. May we ask some questions?" He asked, letting go of the man.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City -
"You were raised within a gilded cage, Mabel. You would not know danger until it was already stabbing you in the back, sadly." Arkane wished that he could say that it was the first time that he had been catcalled because of his long hair, but then he would be lying. He listened in on the suggestions. "The Honeybadger B&B sounds our best bet. We came to this city to blend in, we should be able to do so there." He reassured, moving some hair behind his ear. Before he could voice anything further, however, he was pretty much tackled down. He yelped, falling over as someone had ran into him. He looked up at the young man as he apologized to him. He blinked a few times before seeing the young man make a break for it again. "W-Wait! Hold it!" He yelled, quickly grabbing a hold of the young man's wrist, and keeping a grip on it while he stood on his feet. "When you run over someone you usually stick around to make sure they are well." He huffed, only to see that he was being chased by...a group? He looked back at the man. "Are they bothering you, or are you bothering them?" He did not need this. He turned his attention to Jynn. "You are to remain as low profile as Mabel is. Keep yourself out of this." He used his free hand to blow a few notes into a flute. From a sigil, his dog Hector would pop up. "Hector. Escort them, and do not let Mabel out of your sight." He ordered. "And you." He pulled on the man. "An explanation would be nice?"

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office to Exotic Shop that is much too Exotic -
Vincent did not like the theory that it was a soul. Because it meant that they had killed someone, technically speaking. That someone was forced into a body against their own will, confused and scared. He could only imagine how they could be feeling. They settled things back into place and headed out of the office, heading straight to where Diane had hid the lieutenant. He would tip his hat at the store owner, eyes narrowing at the sight of the...shop. "Focus, Vlad." He teased, looking back at him. He tried very hard to keep and eye straight. They were warned that the wounds of the lieutenant were severe, and that she had done what she could. Vincent would nod. "We thank you for doing your best in aiding him, mam'." They were prepared for what they could encounter, and the man...was closer to death than an Umbra Mage, and that was saying something. Vincent watched, not really feeling the sting of being ignored. He knew that his actions spoke for himself despite doing his job. His eyes widened as he watched her use magic. She was a magic user. "Healing." Such a powerful magic was rare in its own terms. She did mention her sister was a mage. It ran in the family, then? He watched her aid in healing him before she collapsed. Vincent was about to hurry, but Vlad beat him to it. He would turn to the man, frowning at the sight. "Mastiff..." He whispered. What had happened to him? He looked back at the group. They came for answers, and the only one with them remained at the verge of death. Vincent sighed softly. They did not have days. But there was nothing they could do unless they found a Maester that specialized in healing magic. He turned to Diane as she looked down at the book. "May I have a look at it? I am not a mage, but maybe my magic-lacking eyes can see something otherwise." It was wroth a try. If allowed, Vincent would flip the pages carefully, trying to see if he noticed something out of place...

{Gerik Lockford - Umbra Court: Aeternalis}
Gerik stayed in the background as the other Mages interacted with the crowd. He was somewhat regretting his decision to join what he thought of as the diversion team. It wasn’t that he was overly fearful of Mabel and Jynn. Some of his best mages were with them and he trusted his people to use their knowledge and wits to see the priestess safely to their destination. No, it was Aeternalis. The whole “city of everlasting dreams” schtick. Dreams were dangerous. It was too easy to be trapped in a dream, ignoring reality. That’s how he kept most of the Umbra Court in line. Kept them living what they thought were dreams so that they didn’t care what he did just so long as they could keep dreaming. Dreaming was a vice for those who lacked the will to alter reality.
Most of the others were excited by a feast. Gerik respected Daruk’s charisma and bravery, but he at times wished he possessed more caution. Still, best blend in.
“Don’t dawdle, Henry.” The Umbral Maester called over his shoulder. “Wouldn’t want to miss the festivities.”

{Anya Alighieri – Ignis Court: Sanctus Heights; Dining Hall}
Anya waved the younger mages on in their search for a Blue Haired man, saying she would join them later. She wasn’t that hopeful it could be that simple, but it may lead to something good, even if it was just the trio bonding. She had felt the fire bird she had sent out last night dissipate, meaning Shaw should have her report by now. Hopefully it was enough of a heads up to give him an edge. She had a bad feeling they were going to need all the advantages they could get on this one.
Before she could join the others, she had some other responsibilities to work out. While she needed to see how the investigation was going for Shaw and her own curiosity, she did need to check in with Shiroo to see how repairs were progressing. Also, sending word for more Ignis mages to help with repairs and protecting the city felt in order. But first things first. Anya went looking for Shiroo.

Aquilla
The thermal magician calmed down, somewhat feeding off of Pali’s calmness. “What is happening?” She asked as she stepped twoards him and Kolm. Her next breath Exhaled and icy mist as her briefly stored up mana was expelled. As she moved she also recomposed herself, unaware of Pali’s status due to hospitalization during the courts meeting.

{Mako Koyl}
After managing to “open” the safe, Mako returned to her seat, feeling rather satisfied with herself. Those positive thoughts, however, were evaporated as the beginnings of a migraine started. She had dealt with them from time to time after her magic manifested itself. The best thing she could do is lie down somewhere dark and quite until it passed. She excused herself as the rest of the Investigation team went out on a lead.
She made it almost to the dormitories when the main knot of pain hit. It felt like some carnivorous ferrets were trying to bite and claw their way out of her skull. She dropped to her knee and clutched her head. This was way worse than normal. Almost like...
“Oh shit.” Said the voice in her head.
The pain suddenly stopped, followed by a fit of sneezes.
“What” Mako managed to verbalize in between sneezes.
There was a pause as a big sneeze built up.
“We’re doing this again.” The voice answered.
Mako made to sneeze, vanishing before a sound could escape her. There was a small rumble as air imploded into where she had been. Where she knelt was left a layer of dust.

Saffron
The young magician glanced over at Arno. “The back roads aren’t likely safe. There will be people who wish to make a quick buck off robbing us. I think it may be best that we not deal in the streets yet. Don’t need blood in the dust on day one” she grumbled to him. “We should search on our own. Find a meet up point and scatter out from there... if it comes down to it... we will do your plan.” her arms tucked into herself. She seemed uncomfortable here. Any mage trained in seeing mana could easily see the wind magic beggining to rotate around herself.

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, having heard some sneezes down the hall from his room -

Jari winced in his sleep, worried about something even though he otherwise should not have. He felt Mako slip away, a sensation he was not entirely familiar with besides her teleporting, but just as quickly as it came the worry metaphorically dropped off from his shoulders, and he fell back into a deep sleep.

Ychera, having felt what was happening to him, snapped out of concentration and opened her eyes marginally to peek through her eyelashes to check on him. After a few minutes of doing this, she slipped back into her trance, her hand once again forming an "o," her legs still folded beneath her, and her breath concentrated through her nose. She was in the process of attempting to astrally project herself further than close to Jari, to see events that she could not within the confines of these walls. However, her powers did not seem to work in her favour, and perhaps sapped her faster without progress than if she attempted the same within the realm beyond this one. Stopping was a necessity, and she sighed as she returned to Jari's body and mind. The experiment was a failed attempt, but it was educational. Next time she would be better informed.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, capturing some blue-haired folks for questioning in Sanctus Heights -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

As Pali approached Arun and the blue-haired couple, he split his attention between the many gazes of his eyes and a one-eyed gaze at Kolm, inspecting his face as he parsed the information. A smile creeped upon his face upon the mentioning of his court and of his little pal among pals.

"I just met this friend of mine in an alleyway, actually. Suffice it to say that his not appearing or being quite well is, ah . . . part of my magical talents as an older Umbra Court member. An unaffiliated mage is good in my book. I care not for the trappings of official mage business, yet it keeps the coffers full. But never mind that. It seems our lead Ignis mage has found and is holding our quarry."

He leaned his head back towards that girl, Aquilla, a crescent moon of a smile flashed toward her before continuing onward. He had to love the idea of having eyes at the back of his head, even if not technically in the back of his head.

"We are in the midst of an investigation, Aquilla. A blue-haired man assaulted an officer, and we are questioning and/or rounding up witnesses. If you can assist, I'm sure that would be splendid for all of us. Nice pendant, by the way."

Last edited:
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

(Piece at 1:21:42 specifically)

Mabel jerked her head irritably as they all discussed keeping her safe, as though watching a skirmish would endanger her!

"Relax, I'll be fine. I don't need multiple escorts," she responded coolly. "I am, after all, just a merchant's daughter wandering through town with my fellow colleagues!" They had never discussed a good backstory for themselves; this was all Mabel's idea, whether it be a good one or . . . an awful one. But it was what she came up with nonetheless.

The young man fell forward and onto his face when Arkane held his wrist, though he was quick to leap back up to his knees. "Sorry, man, sorry!" he murmured, words rushed and blending together. His eyes were wide with panic as they locked onto Arkane's. "Please let me go and I'll make it up to you! Those guys, they–"

But it was too late; they were already fast on their heels, one whooping horrific insults that Mabel had never even heard before. They looked as though they were about to hound the young man when Nero brought her horse between them and their target. One of them, a big man with tattoos all down his forearms, spat at her feet.

"Move it, cur. You don't know what you'd be getting yourself into," he sneered to Nero, while his comrade slapped his club into the palm of his hand. "This man owes us a debt, and we're gonna make sure that he repays it. No need to get your nose into our business."

Another man called her something else under his breath. His words were soft and hard to comprehend, but it was something akin to: "Stupid northern bitch, thinking to get in our business."

The other two looked furious, seeming as though they wanted to jump up right now and cleave her in two. The first man, the one who seemed to be their leader with tattoos on his arms, drew a knife from his belt. "If you don't move right now I'll make ya regret ever crossing us."

The man that they were guarding seemed astonished, amazed that complete strangers would discuss defending him, even though they didn't know him! He drew twin blades, long and thin, from his belt, nodding toward Nero and Jynn in both gratitude and support, if they would choose to fight.

–Vita City: TEAM ZION–
Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Without further ado, the party of Eden, Ronin, Isabelle, and Remy would be en route to Vivifica. They have been journeying for over a day, and are probably well exhausted by this point, but they had their goal, and they would fight to meet it regardless of what it cost them.

If they chose not to delay matters, they would easily leave Vita City and be on the road once more. The trees would begin to thicken as they would approach the outskirts of the forest. Their best route would be to travel along the river. That way they would have a water source, but also would be able to follow it toward the court itself.

The sun was beginning to set at this point, and soon it would be dark. It would be a good idea for the party to either think about setting up camp for the night, unless they wished to press themselves onward.

–Vita City– (Bounty Hunters)
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Tibarn looked torn. There was Arno, with resources, and Saffron with reason. He could see both sides to their argument. The brunet merely shrugged, reaching for a flask at his waist and unscrewing the lid. He took a long swig before responding. If Arno knew him well enough, he could probably take a wager that it wasn't water in that flask.

"We don't even know if they're here," Vaike added. "While I do know that they are approaching the Vivifica Temple, who knows whether they decided to approach from the north or the south. We could continue on straight for the Vivifica Forest and not waste time here, unless they did indeed decide to come to Vita City. While we could search, as young Saffron suggests, we may also be wasting precious time on a pursuit that may not be fruitful."

"We could split up," Tibarn suggested. "Two or three of us could go looking for the mages, while Arno and someone else goes with him to meet with his friend. If Arno does have a connection in the slums, chances are he's reputable in these parts and won't get jumped. And, even if he is"–he elbowed Arno playfully at this–"I know he can take it. It's shocking, but he's tougher than he looks behind all that smoke."

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral –
Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136

(For Jari)

The door to Jari's room would open ajar, and in it slipped a man in a thick black robe. He rose his hood slightly, revealing only the lower portion of his face, while he gazed dismally over toward the fox boy's sleeping form.

"What a lazy Somnum mage," he murmured under his breath. He stole a glance around the sleeping boy's room. Where the youth lacked in consciousness he certainly didn't do so in tidiness. The room was, to his surprise, quite organized and orderly. However, lying on a desk were the exact materials that he needed. He drew up his sleeves, once more unveiling his indigo-blue tattoos lacing up his arms, and began to whittle away at a piece of wood, forming what seemed to be a key.

"At least you're quite talented."

------

(For Kagura)

When Kagura would return to the cathedral, a young woman dressed in a maid's attire and long pink hair would approach him. She offered him a polite bow. "Miss Kagura, you have been summoned by Elder Absalom. He is still unwell from yesterday's events, but he would like to see you up in his room." She brushed her apron off absentmindedly. "If you would be willing to follow me, I would be happy to escort you."

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Thanny Thanny

Timmy, short for Timitrius, was quite fascinated by the stories that Yael had shared with him. "We could learn so much from you," Timmy said sadly. "But you have to go back with the High Priestess, don't you? Where, exactly, are you guys going, anyway?"

The boy would then sigh, leaning against the wall he'd been propped up against. "It must be nice to go off on adventures. I've never left this city, but often times I dream of what it would be like."

Meanwhile, the elder watched as Gerik walked past, waving at him as he went.

"Friendly fellow, isn't he?" he said with the utmost sincerity. "I must say that the four courts have fine maesters and maestras this time around, wouldn't you say?"

He squinted at Henry, more for what he said than trying to take in his appearance. "Hmm. Heid . . . Heid. The name rings a bell, but I can't fully–oh, wait, yes, yes! That handsome fellow that used to accompany Brigid." It seemed clarity crushed the village elder, as he reached out and grasped Henry's hand with both of his. "You must be their boy! Brigid's boy! That is why I recognized you. I have never met you, but I knew your mom. Wonderful lady, she is. Was friends with my dear Rachael back when they were mere apprentices in the Ignis Court. Tell me, how are your parents, and what has become of them?"

He laughed lightly. "They must be proud to have a son walking alongside the High Priestess herself, in her servitude. It is a great honor."

–Sanctus Heights: Streets–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , RikuXIII RikuXIII

The couple seemed even more panicked when Arun trapped them in with his magic. Like animals caught in a cage, their eyes frantically darted around them as though looking for an escape route. The man looked as though he were ready to punch Arun again when the woman spoke up.

"Rion, please, listen to him. He just wants to ask us questions!"

The blue-haired man looked at Arun skeptically but relented, lowering his fist and meeting his eye. "All right. We'll hear you out. We want no trouble. What do you want with us?"

His girlfriend appeared to be very frightened. She sat on the sidewalk, trembling as she clutched her shawl tightly around her shoulders, eyes widening even more as Pali appeared with Kolm and Aquilla.

The cold mage, however, didn't seem particularly comforted by Pali's description of how Siegbart became how he was. It seemed that he performed some kind of necrotic magic on him, which made his skin prickle just from thinking about it. Thankfully Pali was not a member of the Somnum court–that relieved him, even if marginally. There was something particularly intimidating about the man, though Kolm wasn't sure if it was the man's air that he wore about himself, or the eye stalks. Or the zombie man. Or all three.

"Why is it that you feel it better not to be tethered to a court, if I may ask, Mister, uh . . . ." His face fell. "Forgive me, but I do not think I caught your name. And if I had, I am ashamed to say that I've already forgotten it. I'm terrible with names, but mine is Kolm Diarisso. I'm from the city."

He felt more at ease when Aquilla joined them, her icy breath oddly warming to him. Perhaps it was his own ice magic that made him feel a particular comfort toward the element.

Kolm was rather grateful when Pali explained what they were up to, as he was a bit foggy on the details himself. "What he said. Apparently there was a meeting about it this morning, but I had only caught the tail end of it. There's talk that he could be to key to discovering what's going on, or something of the sort."

Already he felt like he was going to be of little use to this investigation. He shoved his hands in his coat pockets, fidgeting with a watch as he eyed Arun deal with the blue-haired man named Rion and his girlfriend.

----

(for Anya)

Shiroo was sitting in the central square, singing–yes, singing!–the tune that Kagura had sung and danced to less than an hour prior. The audience was already gone, and he was alone looking into what remained of the water fountain. It seemed that the Ignis Mage had a lot on his mind, or perhaps he was merely trying to de-stress from all of the goings-on from the past few days. His eyes shot up when he'd noticed Anya, color rising in his cheeks.

"Oh! Er, uh, Anya." The redhead coughed, hoping that she hadn't overheard him singing and perhaps would think nothing of it. "What brings you around these parts? Came to see the collateral damage?" He gestured a hand toward the wrecked automaton and the ruin which followed throughout the square.

–Sanctus Heights: Elvenwood, the Exotic Wares Shop–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Elia didn't seem fully coherent as Vlad caught her and placed her in a chair. She eventually lifted her eyes and met his gaze, though there was a dullness to them, as though rather drained from the attempts at healing her father.

"Sorry, Vlad," she whispered softly, eyes fluttering shut. "I'm not used to healing injuries like that. They're deep . . . very deep. When I heal I sometimes take the pain of the victims. I don't know if it always has to be that way, or if I'm just untrained."

Despite Elia's efforts, however, the lieutenant's condition remained unchanged. Perhaps they would have to do as Vala suggested and wait until he would awaken naturally. Color flooded Elia's cheeks and lips as Vala began her healing, seeming to undo some of the damage that Elia had mistakingly brought upon herself. She nodded soon afterward, bowing her head respectfully toward Vala. "Thank you, ma'am."

Her eyes lit up with excitement as Diane offered the necklace back to her. She took it up with eager hands, beaming up at Diane as she began to attach it to her neck. "Thank you so much. It was my mother's, and it means so much to me. When I wear it I feel connected to her somehow. Is that strange?"

As Vincent carefully inspected the spell book, he would feel texture on some of the pages. However, visually, there was nothing there. It would feel as though writing was in the margins on some of the pages, but nothing would meet the naked eye . . . .

"Mister Venas, please take Miss Galiene to the Honeybadger, I'm afraid that our meeting with Mister Galiene's client cannot be delayed. It would be bad for the Master's reputation as a merchant, after all," Nero said without looking at Mabel or Jynn.

Mabel saying that she was the daughter of a merchan was a good idea, in theory. They were in Vita City, many people around the world came to visit, and a group of travelling merchants was not uncommon. Whatever insults were thrown her way fell on deaf ears. She had heard worse in the past, and these ruffians were not among those who had spoken those insults.

"As for you, my dear gentleman, I'm afraid that assaulting someone on the streets would be bad for all of you, debt or no debt, " Nero said as she looked at the other ruffian, "as I said, perhaps we could solve this in a more civilized manner. Making a scene in the middle of the street is not something that we should do."

The Maestra looked around, noticing that a few of the people around were either looking their way and attempting to find out what was happening. That was something they didn't needed at that point, but the group of ruffians looked as if they were going to really hurt the young man behind her horse. Letting someone get attacked was something she was not willing to do.

"But if you wish to continue with your attempt to attack this young man, or us, then we will be forced to defend ourselves," she said calmly.

The air around Nero began to feel slightly cold, not to the point of being uncomfortable, but given enough time, the ruffians might notice that she was not a normal, defenseless woman. Throughout this conversation Nero kept a smile on her lips, an eerily calm smile.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

"By all means, Vincent. Here, take as much time as you need," Diane said as she gave Vincent the book.

"Well, well . . . it seems that you do need some training for your healing abilities, child. Taking the pain of others into ourselves is not something that is meant to happen. Under normal conditions, of course," Vala said, "do you know why healers, or saints, in the past were loved and protected by everyone? It was because they were able to heal others with their strange powers. But what people didn't know was that they took those injuries into themselves."

Diane glanced at Vala for a moment. She knew she loved to talk with others, but to give history lessons? That was a new one.

"Imagine one person taking all the pain away, only for them to suffer in secret. It reached a point where only fewer and fewer healers remained. And those with the power to heal often hid their power in fear of suffering all their lives," Vala said absentmindedly, "then the courts began teaching the right way to heal people, a way to stop the suffering of the healers, it changed everything. My suggestion is to join a court, child, probably Maestra Lev-Maestra Nero is the best choice. Some called her a true "saint" in her early years. You cann't keep on living like that, or else you will die young."

If Vala spoke from personal experience, no one would know, and Diane didn't really cared to speak about Vala's life, even though she had known her since she was a scared orphan on the streets. Instead, Diane got closer Elia.

"A connection between a mother and her child is eternal, Elia. No matter where they are," Diane answered the young girl, "so, no, I don't think it is strange. Always keep the memory of your loved ones close to your heart."

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights -
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Thanny Thanny Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

"Sorry if we scared the two of you," Incarose said as she bowed slightly, "it's just that this person might be responsible for all the destruction caused by the rogue automaton in Central Square, but we have nothing more than a vague description because one of our colleagues had to escape and didn't had much time to take a look at this man's appearance."

It looked like it was going to be a long day of work. They barely had anything to identify the target and anyone fitting that description could be a potential suspect.

"So, if you could answer some of our questions, then you could be on your way in no time. We mean you no harm, we are just trying to find some clues about this man's whereabouts."

Melstrome takes a few steps backwards and pins his ears downward, clearly uneasy about the confrontation. Jynn is upset by the insults the ruffians made towards someone as kind and wise as Nero. Not only that, perhaps Mabel has never heard such words. Regardless, she seems to take on a new persona, heck, even a new identity, claiming to be the daughter of a merchant. Nero even seems to be playing along, claiming that they were in Vita City to see the made up merchant.

Confused at first, Jynn finally started to get comfortable being fake. “O..oh yes! I nearly forgot! Come along Ms. Galiene. We mustn’t keep your father waiting! Move along Celtic!” The instant the mage says ‘Celtic’, he uses a leg yield to urge Mel forward. The gelding was unsure what to make of this name, but he did not question his master, and proceeds forward and away from the confrontation. Jynn looks back to the young man. “I must go, but you are in good hands.”

As soon as they get far enough away, Jynn lays his head on Mabel’s shoulder in relief. “Phew. That was close........” He lifts his head up again. “I’m sorry....... I...... cannot be as reckless as I have been before.” He braces for the possibility of Mabel being irritated by his choice in following Nero’s command.

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, with an intruder in his bedroom -

Jari was clueless of the situation at hand, but a tingling came upon him along with a response he was somewhat familiar with, but from which he did not know where. The answer? It came from within his mind.

Awaken. An intruder is upon us.

His eyes groggily opened at first, but upon realising that the voice was right they snapped open, and he thrust himself out of bed.

"Who--who are you? What are you doing here?!" he brought to voice, alarm evident within him through and through.

He still felt stiff, and the quick rising from his bed left him a little dizzy. He hoped this would not end up in a fight, because if so he was severely underprepared. At least he was still in his day clothes, and not in his pyjamas as he expected. Did he crawl into bed without changing? He hoped he didn't mess up the sheets too much with the dirt garnered from the streets.

However, the intruder seemed rather familiar. Those tattoos he espied from earlier -- could it be . . . ?

"You . . . you were the one that attacked the cathedral earlier. What do you want?"

Jari was entirely clueless of his own magic being used. The dark helped disguise the shavings on the floor with the shadows around it, and the key was rather small.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, within Aeternalis with the rest of the diversion group -

Daruk smiled at the situations happening around him. It seems like the shapechanger was happily entertained with a friend, which was very fine in his eyes, but the conversation between the village elder and his young heir arrested his attention as it typically did. It was very interesting that the two knew each other from beforehand, especially since the connection regarded Henry's mother, Brigid. He remained close by and added his own two cents to the conversation.

"Indeed, it is a great honour, and we maesters and maestras certainly are fine leaders!" he bellowed, laughing heartily and clapping his hand against Henry's back. "This young man has matured wonderfully and is a promising warrior and gentleman. The next generation, at least for Ignis, will do well, I think, but I'll be silent now and let the boy speak."

With a grin and stepping aside, he allowed Henry to continue their conversation.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, within the streets of Sanctus Heights -

"Ah, how terribly rude of me!" Pali exclaimed, a grin revealing that he was not entirely truthful of his act of having manners. "Pali Noirtier, at your service. One of the last Noirtiers alive, or at least of those keeping the old family namesake. It is a pleasure to meet you, Mister Diarisso. That sounds like a strong name. Make sure it sticks to the history books, whether or not you join the ranks of the courts."

He looked towards the blue-haired couple and frowned. From what he witnessed, there were no clues as to whether either of these people were the sought-out subject. Rion and the girl -- they were just "innocents," as far as the word can be said for civilians, but everyone had a secret, and he was curious as to what they had to hide.

"Yes, we are searching for someone matching your descriptions, similar hair colour, similar stature to you, Rion, and rather similar complexions. Where were you when the automaton awakened three days ago in the heart of the city, and have you any witnesses who could vouch for you being . . . otherwise occupied? Better yet, do you know any blue-haired individuals in this city who wield magic? Come, come, speak, else my friend over there gets any peculiar ideas."

He pointed over to Sigebart, the man twitching in creepy fashion and getting closer.

Last edited:
- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams -
Yael would nod in agreement. "Yes, I should return to the side of the priestess..." He stretched and looked over at him. "Adventure always opens ones eyes. But you must never forget of your origins." He reassured. "How about we make a promise. Once you come of age, and you have found out what you wish to do once you are grown, I will come and we can travel the country together." He offered, gently rubbing his wing against his nose. "That is a promise. Deal?"

Arun would watch and listen, letting go of him. "Thank you." He said, looking at the two. "We have no wish to harm you. However, we are searching for a person of blue hair. We suspect that this person is responsible for the automaton and its sudden attack that caused the destruction of the city. Blue hair color is unnatural as it is. However, we are not after a female." His eyes landed on the man. "We are after a male. You have noted down two of the characteristics. May we ask where were you yesterday?" He asked, arms behind his back. "Around the afternoon near evening specifically. Or you could give us a full daily schedule." He said, his expression barely registering anything less than just...a really good pokerface. "The quicker we get these questions answered the faster we can release you. Again, if you have nothing to hide you have no reason to lie."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City -
Arkane would glare as he tried to run away. "Oh no you will not; you have caused this problem and you shall take proper responsibility for it." He insisted, looking back as the group of delinquents showed up. He scoffed, hearing them go as far as insulting Mabel. Cur. Would not be the first time he heard that, albeit he was curious of their confidence in regards of who they spoke to exactly. In a big city, if you were not tough, you would not survive, and he knew that played a very important part in it all. He smirked and let go of the man, turning to face them with arms crossed. They should have not caused such a commotion. They came to the city to blend right in, after all. "You will make it up to us? I will hold you onto that." He said, taking out his flute. He raised it to his lips and began to play a few tunes. His eyes gleamed their scarlet color as summoning sigils appeared on either side of him. From them two figures came out. In the shape of ghoulish beings rose, hands in chains, eyes, mouth and ears sewn shut as they held weapons, chains around their wrists and ankles. The two beings were there, but at the same time not there. They existed, but only temporarily. Only to serve. They both got into their fighting stance, Arkane crossing his arms. "Nero. This is a waste of time. We should not get into a fight with some useless ruffians." He explains, waving his hand almost dismissively. "But remind me...what are the laws of binding souls within Vita City?" He asked, smiling as he used his thumb to point at the two ghouls. "These two could use some friends."

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office to Exotic Shop that is much too Exotic -
Vincent would take the book and flip the pages, over and over again. He kept rereading, reviewing, checking that no pages were made out of two. There was nothing that he could see. Yet he felt that he was missing something. He moved the goggles that usually set on his cap and slide them over his eyes, pulling on the little strap to the side to adjust them. He moved his fingers to the frames and twisted it, zooming in on the paper. There was more to meet the eye, he knew it. But he could not see it. Not with the naked eye, at least. He flicked something on the side of his goggles, a small light coming to life against the lenses itself...and the book seemed to come to life. He hummed and looked around the room. "I am going to need a dark room." He said, walking around the room. Windows? Closed. Doors? Closed. Candles? Out. "There is a material called phosphorus that can only be seen under a certain light. It is an ingredient found in urine." He explained. Once he was sure that there was barely any light left behind he reached into his bag, searching through it to find something. "In the workshop we usually carve numbers into our pieces of work for identification. However, because theft is so common and people end up just scratching off the numbers, a new method was developed to carve with phosphorus as to not have any thieves remove the numbers, and even if they did, they could not see it unless they had a special light..." He finally found it, taking out what seemed to be a small collapsible lantern. He twisted it and it popped up, revealing the glass shape framed by metal on either side. He settled the book down and turned to the lantern, opening it up. He used a lighter to light up the crystal inside...and the crystal would begin to burn into a bright blue, purpleish flame. He closed up the lantern and got it closer to the book, serving as the magical equivalent of a black light.

–Sanctus Heights: Elvenwind, the Exotic Wares Shop–

The raven-haired healer listened with much curiosity as Vala spoke, eventually brining a hand to tuck a lock of stray hair behind her ear. "My sister says that she doesn't want me to be trained," she said, feeling like she was ratting her sister out by saying the words. "She is afraid of what will happen to me if a court takes me in, and since I would be best suited for Vivifica I am sure that I will never be able to join a court now. I hadn't thought about Maestra Nero. Can Somnum heal also?" It seemed that Elia was no stranger to the four courts or their specialities, making it clear that she likely had looked further into them, beyond the knowledge of her sister.

Elia hesitated, before rising from the chair and slowly moving toward Vala. "Do you, I mean, well–do you ever take apprentices? Could you teach me how to heal?"

When Diane had approached Elia the young teenage girl took her hand. Even though she didn't trust court mages, especially now, she did feel comforted by the lich's presence.

The black light would reveal white text, otherwise invisible in normal settings. In the lieutenant's handwriting there were comments such as "Tenebris?" and circles around a glyph known as "The Healing Circle" as well as forms of undead creatures. There were a bunch of question marks "??????" underneath a wraith, discussing the existence of a being neither alive nor truly dead, trapped within the spirit realm for all eternity. It was hypothetical, as none could either confirm nor deny their existence, but it was noteworthy enough to be depicted in the book. There was a note beside the wraiths: "Tekkanororia's Journal, volume XVIII. Sighting. Journey of a Nomad, Janese Everone. Evidence."

Directly underneath, in all caps and underlined, It read:

V E S S E L S

Pali Noirtier (Caelum?)
Iseult Mylis
Elia Cabret (?)
Aislinn Nosferi
Vlad Von Redir
Tibarn Llang
Absalom Sagus

Back on the page of the sigil which summoned the spirit into the automaton, there was a note that read: "Ravana, demon lord, spirit of the gate. Open gate?" Lastly, underneath it read "Intermundium."

"Did you find anything?" Elia asked Vincent, after observing him go through the journal.

–Sanctus Heights: Streets–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , RikuXIII RikuXIII

It seemed that Pali was friendly enough, which was not what Kolm would have expected from his initial impression of the Umbra mage. He hesitated when Pali made mention of his ensuring his name lasted, not quite sure on the best way to respond to that. "I–" he started, but thankfully didn't have to continue as other interruptions filled the yawning silence.

The blue-haired couple seemed a little more relaxed as the mages made their intentions clear, though they did still appear wary, as many would around court mages. The woman glanced over toward Incarose, offering the girl a small smile. There was something warm and reassuring about the young girl, though that was before she knew that she was an Ignis Mage and fire was her specialty. Meanwhile, however, Rion scoffed.

"And so I assume that you are accusing me and my fiancé of being responsible for the damage of this machine, of taking so many lives on purpose?" he sneered in response to Incarose's statement. The woman nervously glanced toward him before looking back toward Incarose, shooting her a silent apology with her expression.

Yet despite being disgruntled by the accusations, he did comply in answering Arun and Pali's questions. "We are from the North, residing in a secluded town surrounded by the Somnum Woods," Rion explained. "We came here on a cruise ship and arrived only yesterday."

"My mother can account for us saying goodbye to her," the woman piped up. "Though she is over a thousand miles away, and that might be rather far for you to travel. Otherwise, we have papers back in our suite that are timestamped and signed, if that would help to prove our innocence."

"We heard something about Sanctus Heights being in a state of emergency when we arrived," Rion admitted, "though I didn't know what that meant. After seeing the square, however, there clearly had been an incident. We weren't here for it, though. As my fiancé said, I can show you our ship records that show when we departed from our homeland, so you can see for yourself that we only just arrived in the city."

As they spoke, a teen with blue-hair was crossing the streets. His hair was spiked and he wore a rather intricate jacket, seemingly paying no mind to the wall of earth that Arun summoned or the distress of the blue-haired couple. Without so much as a glance, he crossed the street and began to walk past them, humming Kagura's tune as he went.

Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The leader huffed at Nero's words. "If ya wanted to keep things civil, perhaps you should of thought about that before you barred us from our property!" With that, he charged forward, lunging to dive the blade of his knife into the neck of Nero's horse. "We're taking you with us, woman, but the rest of your companions die today."

One cried out and pointed, gesturing toward Jynn escaping with Mabel. "Don't let them get away!" But it was too late–Jynn was on horseback, they were on foot, and he was able to move too quickly through the crowd and away. That left the four ruffians with Nero, Arkane, and their newly acquired friend from the Outskirts.

"You don't know what civil means," the young man murmured toward the leader, without making eye contact. His eyes widened as Arkane summoned his creatures, clearly not expecting this grand display of power. "Magic!"

The others looked surprised as well, clearly not realizing that this party possessed any kind of magical abilities. "Mages," one murmured, backing up slightly. His eyes flickered from Arkane's summons to Nero, feeling that they ought to leave, but he had to stand his ground. The others were still about fighting, and thus he had to comply.

Tattoo leader made it clear that Nero and her horse were his target, which left the other three ruffians. Ruffian #1 leaped toward Arkane, pretending to ignore his comment about inhabiting more souls. He had a long, thin knife, almost like a short sword and yet smaller. He tried to take a slash toward Arkane's face, while Ruffian #2 stood several feet away, firing a pistol at Arkane, aiming for his chest.

They felt that Arkane was the greatest threat, the Umbra mage having proven himself to be a mage and feeling the need to eliminate him first. Ruffian #3 also took it upon himself to charge toward Arkane, though the dark-haired man flung himself between Arkane and the enemy. He gritted his teeth, holding his ground with his twin blades in a cross to prevent the thug from getting to the Umbra mage.

"How about I watch your back for starters?" He flashed Arkane a quick grin over his shoulder before shoving back against Ruffian #3 and trying to land a hit across his arms.

–Vita City– (En route to Honeybadger B&B)–
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Mabel jerked her shoulder away from Jynn's hand, clearly irritated. "Maybe you were courageous before, not reckless," she rebuked. "There was no need to leave them. They needed us to help! I am not made of glass and so fragile, Jynn. I may have been raised in a guilded cage, but let me prove my worth, too. Am I not a part of this team? I should pull my own weight instead of just be a burden to everyone."

She seemed hurt, dejected even, as they rode toward the Honeybadger B&B. The priestess didn't offer another word along the way, though when they arrived at the doors to the bed and breakfast a tear ran down her cheek. "I am sorry for lashing out at you," she murmured. "You were only trying to help. It's just . . . I hate feeling so helpless, and for once I want to actually do something to help people, not just run away or be protected, you know?"

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral–
Thanny Thanny

The intruder glanced over toward Jari's bed, a smile stretching his pallid lips. "Ah, good, you are more alert than I'd thought," he spoke, flicking his wrist to drop the key in his coat pocket, without much of a motion, though if Jari was paying more attention to his actions than his words, he would've indeed seen the motion, though likely not the object as it was made of wood. "You will need such attentiveness, if you wish to get past the trials ahead."

He moved back toward the door in one swift motion, though didn't attempt to leave it so quickly. No, he would entertain some conversation with this Somnum mage, perhaps indulge him a little.

"Why, I was just stopping in, wishing to visit a new friend," Invidia started casually, waving a hand as he did so, "when I realized that I needed to make use of your talents in order to do so. Thank you, by the way. I am glad that a whittling artisan such as yourself was present on the premises. It makes getting through locked doors that much easier." He patted his pocket where he'd placed the key.

"And I would like to make a correction: it was my men whom attacked the cathedral, not me. If it were me the encounter would have been . . . ah, far less messy. I disdain bloodshed, something you and I probably have in common, yes? With that knowledge, perhaps you and I can get on better terms. In the future I do believe we will need to help rather than hinder each other. Tell me: what little part do you have to play in all of this? Why did your maestra leave you here in Sanctus Heights?"

The elder snapped his attention over to Daruk, clearly forgetting that the Ignis maester was present. "Ah, indeed you have! A fine lot you are, Ignis. I have a fondness for all four courts that maintain order, but my personal favorite always has–and will remain–Ignis."

Just then Daruk would feel someone bump into him. A young woman with a serving tray blushed, moving away from Daruk and murmuring, "Sorry! So sorry! I just, it's just–" She giggled nervously, before darting away toward the kitchens.

-------

After everyone was bathed and dressed in new clothing, either provided by Aeternalis or those which they already owned, a huge banquet was prepared in their honor. Instead of dining in the saloon, however, they felt it befitting to dine under the stars. Like a true dream. A massive table was set out with all kinds of delicacies, an array of meats, vegetables, cheeses, bread, casseroles, and wine. Oh, so much wine! Blankets were draped like stars along an expanse of grass, where people were sitting to dine on the ground. Many lanterns in ornate paper covers (think Chinese lanterns) were strewn about at each blanket. Much to Yael's likely sorrow, Timi, his new friend, followed him around, loading up his plate with all the kinds of things that vegetarians eat, while chattering to him about his past lives.

"What is it like, living a new life?" he asked him. "Do you remember the people you loved? Does it feel weird to suddenly realize you're an old soul living a new dream?"

(Update for the bounty hunters upcoming in Scrapmaster Scrapmaster 's post, so stay tuned)

Last edited:

"Well, I am sure the authorities would be a little upset that a group of ruffians would be left without their souls, but one could say that it was in legitimate self defense," Nero answered Arkane before turning to look at the ruffian, "As for you, my dear ruffian . . . I am not your property, so I won't go with you."

Nero made her horse kick the ground, splashing some water that was underneath its hooves. The water then quickly froze over and formed a small shield to block the ruffian leader's attack.

"I'm afraid that I can't let you harm this poor creature. You on the other hand . . ." Nero said as she waved her hand, "you chose this path. Now you will face the consequences."

The floating ice shield then shattered, the fragments going towards the leader's eyes, hopefully distracting the ruffian leader. Nero would take this time to wave her hand once more and make several ice stalagmites come out of the puddles on the ground, not to impale the ruffian, but to keep him still in one place. Casting magic hopefully would make the leader realize that they were fighting mages and they would think twice before keeping up with their attacks.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster RikuXIII RikuXIII

"Ah, the courts. People like to say good things about mages, but there is also quite a few who like to speak of the dark side of them. To some, they are saviors, gifted with the powers of the gods, destined to help those in need. To others, they are monsters whose only purpose is to take what they want without giving anything in return. Perhaps your sister thinks like that, but the choice should be yours and yours alone to make." Vala said as she clapped her hands together, "Vivifica is a good court, but their reputation has been tarnished thanks to the actions of their Maestra. That doesn't mean that they are bad people. Not all of them, at least. As for Lev-Maestra Nero, she is one of the greatest healers of our times, or so the people say. Somnum mages have the potential of using a combination of water and holy magic to heal the body of any ailment, within certain limits, of course. There's a particular mage, a dancer, who is on a path to be a great healer, or so I've heard."

Elia asking if Vala would take an apprentice made both Vala and Diane raise a brow. One in surprise, the other in contemplation.

"An apprentice, you say?" Vala said, "I've never thought about it."

"Miss Hassan." Diane said as she slightly squeezed Elia's hand.

"I've never had an apprentice before, sad to say. But if your family is against you learning to control your abilities then what can you do?" Vala asked, "Are you willing to go against their wishes and learn how to be a proper healer? I could help you, if that is what you desire, but it would have to be our little secret."

Diane stared at Vala, and Vala stared back at the Lich, covering her mouth to hide a playful smile. Diane turned to look at Vincent.

"So, did you found anything of interest in the book, Vincent?" Diane asked.

(Incarose will come later.)

Last edited:

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Jynn cowers his head while Mabel vents. It was actually intimidating how upset she was. As soon as she finished calling him out, it was silent for the rest of the journey to the B&B.

Once they reach the entrance, they dismount Mel. The young priestess apologizes for lashing at him, admitting that she didn’t want to be on the sidelines, always being protected, and feeling useless. These words made Jynn pause. He rubs his eye with his index finger. Now that he really thinks about it, he understands Mabel’s disappointment. Ever since the incident this morning, Jynn has felt useless to the group, as if he no longer had a purpose now that he lost his sight. A tear runs down his cheek as well. “You’re right.... I am being overprotective. I’ve never given you the chance to prove yourself, to let you help. Ever since this morning, I no longer feel like I have a purpose, just a blind fool unwillingly leeching off the protection of others.” He sighs. “I understand, Mabel.”

He wraps his arms around her, before resting his forehead into hers. “I promise, starting now, I will let you get more involved to help others, and I will always provide backup, should you need it....” There was a long pause before Jynn speaks. “Hey Mabel..... There is something you can do to help right now. Can you..... lead me inside?”

Last edited:
- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, within the streets of Sanctus Heights chasing a murderer -

"Ah, the North, and from a quiet wooded town a long trek away," Pali answered, trying to hide his disappointment beneath a faux weariness as if this happened before. He rubbed his eyes with his fingers. "Well, that certainly does not bode well for searches, but I know of that . . . rather seasonal cruise line. We can ask the ports if it shipped in yesterday. Thank you for your participation, though"--he eyed the two with a mischievous glint--"please stay within your itinerary for the next few days for the city to check things out. It is nothing personal; it is just good business, and standard practise."

He glanced over to the next blue-haired individual that his floating eyeballs espied, a youth wearing glamourous apparel. He made a tempting target, seemed to match at least partially, and was seemingly unaware of the situation. This came to Pali as a surprise, and as a suspicion. He looked back at the couple with a tip of a freshly summoned top hat, a dubious smile on his face. "Sir. Madamoiselle. Come, my fellow mages . . . and Sigebart."

With that, he struck off heading off toward the teenager in an unhumanly fast walk, one of the eyes drooping down to hover over the crowd and, finally, over the young man. With that, the eye shone red and lunged down toward him, attempting to tie him up within its eyestalk.

Sigebart shuffled off in a moonwalk to follow, putting his hands up in a clawing manner as he did. The man danced better in death than he did in life.

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, in the Grand Cathedral with Invidia -

Jari squinted mistrustfully at the man before him, but made no movement. He remembered the last time not too fondly, and was absorbed into a wall of shadow. What was this man, if he even was a man? Was he . . . ? Oh no. Was he able to copy abilities as perfectly as the original? How did he know that he could Whittle? He made no keys, at least within the capital, unless he made a lockpick, but it seemed as if Invidia made one. He swallowed hard, though the man did not seem to want to kill him. Was it because he wanted to use his ability and can only use it while the original host was alive?

Feeling a little bit braver upon thinking such a thing as "He needs me alive," he relaxed slightly, but just slightly. It also helped that the man said that he disdained bloodshed.

"I . . . yes, I would prefer no bloodshed, or death. Killing is a waste of human life," Jari agreed, tongue darting over his dry lips to wet them before answering. "I am here because I volunteered to help people. A lot has happened, and I want to better the world rather than worsen it. Can I expect the same of you? Your men, as you put them . . . I saw the damage they did. I heard of what they were like from the survivors. They wielded swords and cut people down. How can you associate with such deliberate killers?"

His hand tightened around Kagura's present still, the fine object threatening to buckle under the pressure of his palm. Such fiery brashness came to him so suddenly, and he realised that maybe he should have been more careful. However, he wanted to know, and if he could relay this information to others maybe it can better things in the end, to make the most people happy.

The shade within him felt his fear, his softness, and his blazing heart. Partially it made her wince, but other things made her smile inwardly. He and she were indeed very similar.

- Daruk Mordem, within Aeternalis with half of the Vivifica-bound party -

Daruk was overjoyed to hear that the village elder held Ignis Court in such high esteem, and puffed his chest out even further, if that was even possible. Daruk was a proud peacock, an inflated balloon that would pop under the smallest pin. Upon being bumped into, Daruk blinked in confusion and shock before cracking a grin and guffawing again, all the while checking his pockets and making sure every wallet was in its right place. You can never be too careful. Still, the girl was quite cute.

When it had become time to start the feast, the Ignis maester's eyes bulged. Never had he seen such an assortment of opened casks and delightful foods, not even at the breakfast hall back in Sanctus Heights. The lavish festivities and the idyllic landscape, the gorgeous lanterns that filled the night's fields, the chatter of wonderful people including the Courts' mages -- this will be a night to remember, he told himself. He only wished that he could have shared it with the real priestess, as she would have adored to see it, he would bet.

Loading up his plate from the tables, he looked around in search for Henry and, undoubtedly, Makoto, but could not find them. The number of people attending was vast and moving, and he did not know whether to search for them within the hills or in the town. He decided instead to settle down at a fine and only mildly occupied blanket, a young man who gulped and swallowed his sandwich as he awkwardly stared at the Ignis mage laying out his three plates' worth of food, including the venison he gathered and cooked earlier. Daruk stretched and yawned, but when he looked back down the youth was gone, complete with his plate. Shrugging, he descended upon his food like a hungry lion, and tore into it in like.

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams - Lets get this party started -

Yael wore robes which made him feel very comfortable. It reminded him of his second life, and was very nostalgic. The banquet was amazing! He sat under the stars, joining everyone to eat, and boy did he eat. Eyes would probably watch him as he went plate, after plate, after plate, as if his stomach was an endless, bottomless abyss and there was always space for more when something new was offered. Of course he did not hoard it like a dragon, but. He. Never. Got. Full. Either. He would sneak in some meats into his food whenever the young child was not watching; but there was enough options for him to find his fill without having to crave the meat either. He smiled and thanked the person when he was served another glass of wine. He took a piece of bread with cheese in between it, using it to scoop up a whole bunch of casserole before eating it like that in one big mix of delicious food. However, he did not expect the following question of the child.

Yael halted mid drink when he was asked about reincarnation. He slowly lowered the cup. "It is...desensitizing." He admitted, staring ahead. "When you are born, you do not know a thing. You live your life believing you are one and only. One in a kind. You begin to have dreams, visions, memories, and you wonder if these are premonitions or if you are becoming mad." He said, staring down at the drink. "Then one day it all comes back to you, and it is as if you have opened a gate unleashing a wave of water that has been building up over for years. Memories blur together and you feel numb. Because everything you thought you have just experienced you have done over, and over, and over again. That the love of your life you vowed to be theirs alone was not the first nor the last. That when the time finally comes for reincarnation to end I will be greeted by countless of people and I am only one soul. It is a curse. Because once you know everything there is to know, there is no joy." He proceeded to drink the entire glass in one go before setting it down. He smiled at the young boy and rubbed his head. "But you do not have to worry about any of that. This curse has been given to me for my actions in my first life. You have one life to live. Enjoy every moment of it. From the smallest of details to the biggest. Once you are old enough I will take you around. I will show you where I have lived my past lives. Sound good?"

Arun bowed his head. "We do not mean to accuse anyone of anything. It is a matter of the investigation being conducted and ruling out suspects." He explained, listening close to their alibis. From what it appeared, they had just arrived from the North and were actually here on a trip. Shitty place to arrive to considering what had happened, but he was not about to judge on that. "I see. My apologies that you had to arrive to the city in such a state. As you can tell, such an event has shaken everyone down and the demand to find a culprit is inevitable." He explained, looking at the two. "To see the records would be more than enough. We merely have to confirm everyone's accountability-" He stopped mid-sentence, feeling the earth beneath his feet once more. He blinked, another heartbeat being felt as the line of magic led up to another blue haired boy. He turned over his shoulder, looking as the boy walked down the street. "Incarose." he spoke, nudging his head towards the young boy. Other than that, he did not move. He had this couple to worry about first. He turned back to the couple. "Again. My apologies for this interruption." He said, placing a hand against the wall and dismissing the wall of earth behind them. "Right. May you lead me to see these papers?"

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City - I came to have a good time and am feeling so attacked right now -
Arkane had to admit, seeing them tremble and whisper at the sight of his souls made his heart swell with the slightest tinge of pride. He playfully flipped his hair a bit, watching them hesitate. "Oh? Have you not heard?" He asked, pointing at the leader. "I figured you would be more careful who you encounter in a city this big, punk." He smiled. It was a mistake for them to go ahead and remain. But it would be their souls on the line, not the leader's unless Nero allowed him to keep it for later. He watched as they all went after him specifically. He came to the city to have a good time and he was feeling so attacked right now! He took a step back when he saw them charge. Ruffian #3 was blocked by the man that they had helped, and Arkane would blink at the man as he flashed him a quick grin. Arkane smiled. "Sounds like a deal to me." He teased. Now He had to deal with Russian #1 and #2. One shot at him, as the other aimed to slash at his face. Arkane brought the flute to his lips and began to play again, delivering orders to his soldiers. The Ghouls were already on the move. Ghoul #1 would counter Ruffian #1, blocking with his own blade as he stepped in front of Arkane. The ruffian could see that this person was indeed human...or at least, was once a time before his soul was used up to become what he currently was. The Ghoul #2 would step in front of Arkane on the other side to take the bullet. It hit, and it knocked it a few moments back, weakening it. But you could not kill what was already dead. But he was certainly weakened and would not last anymore powerful blasts like a gunshot. The Ghoul #2 would lifts the dual blades and charge at Ruffian #2, aiming to kill. Arkane would not have his creations hold back. Arkane pulled his lips away from the flute, glaring. "If you die by my hands your souls will end up like these!" He warned.

Vincent read, scanning the writing on the pieces of paper. Tenebris. Healing Circle. A lot of question marks. He recognized the handwriting; the lieutenant knew more than what he let on. "T....Tekkanororia? Does that sound familiar to any of you?" He asked, looking at the group. He looked back down at the paper. A list of people were noted down, one crossed out. "Your father knew more than what he let on, Elia." He admitted. "There are a list of names here. Some of our fellow Mages. You are here as well, Elia, Vlad." He explained, pointing at the sigil on the back of the page. "This has the same symbol that we saw on the automaton. Ravana, Demon Lord, Spirit of the Gate. Does any of this make sense to any of you?" He asked, hands tracing down the parchment. His eyes remained on the fact that Vlad's name was crossed out, which seemed odd in itself. "Well, that one suspicion was right. It was magic." He turned to Diane. "You were correct. The use of magic to bring something out and into the automaton...it brought it to live." He whispered, rubbing his temples. Mastiff had all of the answers and he was on the verge of never waking up again. "Vlad. Might telling me why your name is here? Again, there are other names on here, but yours is crossed out." He said, staring at Vlad with an exhausted expression.

- Vlad Von Redir - A past long forgotten - Exotic shop -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Elrandir Elrandir Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice
Great, just great, peachy. Apparently Vincent was clever enough to do a small trick with a lantern and a lighter, making some sort of...black light or some such, too complicated for Vlad...or was it? but anyway, the boy discovered some of the contents in the journal, apparently written by some sort of Tekkanororia...a name that did not seem strange to him, even though he never met the author before, for some reason he felt the name being familiar to him. But the real kicker was...that his name and Elia's were in the ledger, neatly scribbed VESSELS and with all capped letters with their names, Vlad's full name being revealed as well. But his name was crossed out.

As Vincent asked him what the meaning of it was, Vlad was struck with confusion as he tried to piece things together...for about two seconds as he immediately remembered something from his past. Vlad brought a hand to his chin as he turned his back on Vincent, seemingly lost in thought.

"So...that's what it was...after all..." Vlad muttered, as shadow magic unconsciously spiraled around his arm and head, half of his face taking on a more demonic form as his eye glew red.
"Well...I am not one of them, if that's what you are wondering...but I can give you an explanation as to why my name is crossed out...because I was one of these wraith's vessels, unknowingly, it all happened long...long ago.". Vlad's usual casual and laid back tone vanished at that instant. "Back when I had a family of my own...Afraid they're dead of old age by now..." Vlad spoke with a melancholic tone, his appearance returning to it's normal visage. "I tried to forget, but it seems that even after two centuries of trying to forget, the past has a way of catching up..." Vlad spoke as he scratched the back of his head.

"Have you ever read 'The ballad of the butcher boy?' Vincy?" Vlad asked him. If Vincent knew his culture and reading, or if anyone in the room knew anyway, the books that told the story were in verses, much like ballads of bards sang in taverns, a common literature book for children nowadays detailing the dangers of ambition and talking to strangers in a sense. It told the story of a young boy, who made a deal with a wraith in order to protect his loved ones, but the wraith manipulated him over the years, and turned him into a killer and a monster, who drove away all that he loved, only fueling the wraith's power further.

"Well...if you didn't you'd do well to do so if you're curious, because that is my story". Vlad proposed to him with a shrug, "My guess is that Mastiff managed to trace it all back, but I am no vessel...not anymore, that is why my name is crossed out...possibly". Vlad spoke.

"But the other names on the list...they may indeed be vessels...meaning..." Vlad noted, glancing at Elia, then at Mastiff, and then back at Vincent. "What are the other names on the book, Vincent." Vlad demanded.

This book is a short story about a boy and his growth to adulthood, all written in verses like that of a song.

You heard of the butcher boy?
Of course you did! Everyone did!
In a small village long since gone
There was a small boy
Who dealt with many problems
Many of them dangerous
And many of them scandalous
The boy had a loving family
and a childhood sweetheart
In his teenage years danger struck
Bandits attacked, in their merry pillaging and plunderin!

O'what could the boy do
Nothing is what he could do
Until a fateful day in the dead of night
a stranger came about
his presence icy cold and dark!
With guile and spunk the man proposed to the boy!
Magic! oh Magic! Magic to protect! Macig to save!
the offer rang true in the boy's ears!
and without any second thought their hands met
and the man was gone
but the boy felt a presence inside of him.
He had acquired an ally!

The years went by
and not a sight
not a sight of the bandits, oh joy!
but the boy had been changed
little did he know
he had magic now
Magic! oh Magic!
was it from the man or the boy?
Neither knew!
But the boy could talk to the man
all in his mind!
Truly a helping hand in the time of need

The bandits came back
five years after the act
to plunder once again!
but they did not expect
the boy turned man waiting for them
blood flowed freely in the night
as each of the bandits fell to his blade
and his other selves!
All swiftly cut, some drained dry of their essence
the boy was now a monster!
The boy joyed in the act of defending his family
but little did he know
is that he played right into the man's hands

four years passed, the boy had married
his long long childhood sweetheart
they had been gifted with the gift of life!
their very own child!
oh joy! oh joy!
but the man was no longer innocent
the man still spoke to him
the man still ailed his mind
the man still whispered to him
"She hates you!"
"They hate you!"
"They need to die!"
The man now too far gone
and in a fit of rage! he killed his own father in law!
in a petty squabble!

Hearts now broken
his wife's love long since replaced by disdain and apathy
the kid now no longer innocent
the man was not longer a man
he was a monster
he was the Butcher boy
his heart now replaced with stone!
No longer present, and not longer beating!
No emotions to be felt, none but anger and hate!
The man still whispering

Untill one day!
One fateful day! Oh joy!
In a fit of rage, the man struck against his daughter, leaving a nasty mark!
The wife had enough
and plunged a knife deep into his heart
as he drifted to sleep
The man spoke once again!

"Oh but what a fool you were"
"Believing in my lies! all to dissuade you!"
"Your anger and hatred proved swell"
"and now I must yell"
"what a fool!"
"See you later!"
"Or maybe never again!"
Was the words of the rotten man, who poisoned the poor boy's mind and turned him into a killer!

But death was much too good for the butcher boy
Butcher boy found himself breathing
With a knife lodged in his back
as he pulled it out he noticed he could not feel pain, nor anger!
but sadness, despair and sorrow!
the boy was cursed! by his own magic!
His soul refusing to leave the body
and the body rebuilding itself with ink
like a weird kink!
The butcher boy was half gone
a part of his soul long lost
and his humanity long since damaged

Without goals or ideals.
The Butcher Boy set to wanderin
wanderin the land
looking for atonement
but no atonement was found
for he had sinned
and he was now cursed
forever more.

All because he sold himself

to an evil beyond reprieve!

(That is all for now folks! Arno's and company's post coming tomorrow! as this took quite a lot of effort to make.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back