• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
–Vita River–
Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136
(Characters: Nero, Henry, Arkane, Yael, Jynn, Daruk, Gerik, Laguna, Eleanor, Eclaire, Makoto - NPCs Mabel, Mia, Mellark, Micah, Vaan)

[Vaan, with Gerik and others]

Vaan smiled brightly at the talk of his reward, and he bowed lowly to Gerik. "It is a pleasure doing business with you, Maester Lockford," he said. "Might there be anything else that you wish for me to do before I return back to the Master's side? Anything that you need for Vita City, mayhaps? We have a stronghold there, so if you require anything it shouldn't be too difficult for me to acquire it for you. For the right price, of course."

Obediently Micah appeared by Gerik's side, understanding the code in which the maester spoke. He waited, notebook in hand, ready to make the proper arrangements with their treasurer back in the court who could further help Vaan acquire the appropriate payment, but he was not rude enough to interrupt. This exchange could perhaps lead to an important trade between Gerik and Vaan, and he knew better than to open his mouth when it wasn't appropriate to do so. He watched the flaming bird quizzically, but said nothing nor chose to question it when Gerik pocketed the note.

[In the tent, between Mabel and Nero]

The priestess' expression shifted from surprise, to horror, and, finally, shame. She hung her head as Nero explained her take on the situation between her and Jynn, lending both her opinion along with support. "Maestra Nero." It was more of a statement, one that she didn't know how to continue. She brought her gaze up to Nero's, locking eyes with her senior, expression holding both anguish and gratitude. Grateful for the Maestra's support, distraught over the choices that she were presented with. Finally Mabel shook her head. "My life has been a straightforward path until now. From the age of four years old I've known what was expected of me, and I have fulfilled it dutifully to the best of my ability. Now I have been presented with a fork in the road, one where I must make choices that I don't want to."

She bit her lip, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I know what I must do; it will just take me some time to do it. Maestra, if I might be bold enough to ask, have you . . . ever loved before?"

Already there was more to Professor Thea Nero Leviathan than Mabel had ever known, perhaps far more than even most of the Somnum mages knew. Never did she realize that Thea had been a freespirited individual, now bound to a duty that even she would rather shirk. Perhaps, more than anyone, she would understand the position that the young priestess was in. For the first time in days, Mabel found solace in that.

That solace was soon diminished when word spread of a party out to take her life. Threats on her life were nothing new, and yet this didn't seem to be very good timing, not after Jynn was already attacked and a sea serpent had tried to eat them for lunch. The prospect of splitting up frightened Mabel, and yet she couldn't help but agree with the logic behind the idea.

"I will defer to your judgment, Professor Nero," Mabel said. "If you feel that splitting our party would be the best course of action, I will support you."

Going through the professor's warddrobe greatly excited Mabel. A shift in clothing, from the stifling dutiful robes and gowns that she normally adorned herself in? She ran her hands over smooth silk, sequins, and another fabric of great sheer splendor that she couldn't quite put a name to. "If it is alright, I would like to try a few on," Mabel said to Nero. "Thank you greatly for this offer, Maestra."

After disappearing and trying several, she finally emerged from the confines of the tent in this (4th outfit that Elrandir posted):
adoptable_outfit_auction_41_closed__by_laminanati_d8rwb9k-fullview-jpg.657246

[EVERYONE ALONG VITA RIVER]

She awkwardly gripped the top of the bodice, trying to tug up the fabric. "I think it might be a little big," she murmured shyly, allowing the fabric back into place. The top was held up by the shoulder adornment, the rest being allowed to hang gracefully below her shoulders. She turned to the rest of the party.

"Everyone, due to the current circumstances, Professor Nero and I feel that it is in our best interests to split the caravan," Mabel announced, tone authoritative. "We shall still meet within the Vivifica Forest, but some of us will traverse through Aeternalis, while others will slip through Vita City. I will travel with Professor Nero, Jynn, and Arkane to Vita City, while Lady Mia and another party will form and travel through Aeternalis. While I do not wish to endanger anyone, I feel that it would throw our assailant off even further if someone in our party were to dress in my priestess garb who travels with Lady Mia. Naturally, they will think it is me, and word will spread that I am located in Aeternalis."

It is time to choose your carriage, Daruk, Gerik, Henry, Makoto, Eclaire, Eleanor, Yael, and Laguna:

Carriage 1 - Vita City : Mabel, Jynn, Professor Nero, Arkane
Carriage 2 - Aeternalis : Lady Mia

–Vita City: TEAM ZION–
Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria
[Eden, Ronin, Isabelle, Remy]

The redhead arrived in the kitchen before any could answer his grandmother. He was red-faced and breathless, obviously working in a hurry to get their horses underway.

"Alright, we're all set," he told them. "Are you guys ready to go?"

"Hold it, where are you going in such a rush?" his grandmother interjected. "You only just arrived!"

He shot a cautious look toward his friends, before turning back toward her. "Sorry, Gram. I'll explain more in detail later, but right now this is a time-sensitive matter."

Ronin, Isabelle, and Eden, you can choose to pack supplies, decide to eat before you leave, chat with Remy's grandmother, or leave now without a moment wasted. The choice is yours. A set of four horses await for you alongside the farmhouse, saddled and ready to go. They are in good health and care, and with proper care they should be able to get you to your destination soundly.

–Sanctus Heights: Train Station–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

[Gabriel, Arno, Saffron, Tibarn, Vaike]

Gabriel's words soothed Tibarn slightly; it made sense that the one being charmed wouldn't likely have the ability to even question whether they were under a trance or not. Soon Tibarn stood up and stretched, turning toward his fellow companions and saying, "I'm going to get up and take a walk around. I'll be back in a few." With that, the brunet left their car, leaving only the four to stare in his wake.

"The Tenebris Court wasn't always this way," Vaike responded, distractedly tearing his gaze from Tibarn and settling onto Gabriel. "For a time they were just like the current courts: desiring to rule with justice, and retain peace and prosperity throughout the land. It is remarkable what a taste of power and Itika can do to the human mind. Sometimes I wonder what even I would do with Itika. Would it drive me mad? Would I, too, lose my sense of justice and righteousness for power and cruelty? Would it do that to any of you? It's a terrifying prospect, and I never want to know."

The talk of Kiev and the bar piqued the Seer's interest. "Who is Kiev?" he asked nonchalantly, oblivious to the "adventure" that the bounty hunters had encountered earlier.

–Vivifica Forest–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Quinn would find the forest peaceful, with no trace of an imminent threat or the encroaching arrival of the Sanctus Heights council. The birds chirp in the trees, the scent of wood and pine permeating the air. Quinn could choose to travel through to Vita City and catch a train, or move further north to Aeternalis, though no trains run through Aeternalis, and she would have to find some other means to the capital of Regalia.

–Vivifica Temple–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII
(Elliot, Zion, Richter, Valery, Tiru, Aislinn)

The court was in a flurry of panic. Ballistas were being rolled out into strategic points on the rooftop of the ancient temple, the wheels groaning under the stress of the weathered joints. They clearly hadn't been used in a very long time, if not ever. Another flock of mages were sharpening arrows with their knives, while another mage was stringing a bow.

With Valery's aid, those not participating in the battle were weeded out from those staying to defend their court, readying all of their horses and carriages to make way for Aeternalis. One of the children, a young girl no older than eight, tugged on Valery's clothing, before offering her a white tiger lily. "It is for good luck," the young girl told Valery. "Stay safe, Valery. Are you sure that you can't come with us?"

----

Meanwhile, neither Elliot or Richter would be interrupted in the gardens, where Elliot approached Richter to talk. While the chaos could be heard from all around them, the garden was seemingly a sacred place, free from the anxiety plaguing the walls. Zion would find that her sleep was undisturbed. The occasional running footfalls would resound outside of her bedroom, but otherwise none would disturb her.

–Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

[Vincent, Diane, Vlad, Mako, Elia]

Elia's gaze shifted between the envelope and Diane. Out of all the mages, Elia had taken a liking toward Diane most, and genuinely wanted to help her rather than just annoy the others. Especially Vincent. "I . . . I really don't know," Elia admitted. "Dad never brought me here to his office, and he hardly ever mentioned work to me or Ari. If you feel that going through the envelope will help, I am sure that he'll understand."

From Elia's perch she hadn't noticed the contents of the safe, nor had she been paying attention when the safe was open. She eyed Vincent curiously, tilting her head. "A brother? Me? I didn't have a brother," she said, tone clearly confused. "Why would you say that?"

Within the personal safe, Vincent would only find personal belongings. Jewelry, photographs, letters, a napkin to a favorite restaurant that was crumbled–and even stained–along with baby items belonging to this Liam. Elia listened to Vincent suggesting the number 25, but said in response: "But the combination is six digits. What could the others be?"

She watched Mako interestedly, curious to see what technique she intended to use on the safe, and if she would be successful.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Breakfast room–
RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136

Kolm had been listening intently as Incarose explained how one worked their way into a court, though a sinking feeling of dread filled his chest when Arun walked over and explained that there was a test. "What kind of a test?" Kolm asked. He wondered if Arun would be allowed to share the court's secrets on what the test entailed, and whether each court had the same kind of test. Perhaps Ignis would enforce something different than Somnum, and perhaps they didn't always test all individuals. Perhaps each case was different. Did he have potential, enough to be recognized? He certainly wasn't born with any court affiliation, so he'd hoped that the would recognize him. Otherwise, he would have to continue living as he was: not allowing himself to feel anything. A miserable existence, but he would do what he had to.

He was grateful when Anya seemed genuine in wanting to help him out, even offering for him to tag along and try to get him into the court of Ignis. He gave a moment's pause. Which court would be best? He favored the mages of Ignis, but Somnum would be home to his element. He desperately needed to hone in his skills. Would Daruk or the other fire mages be able to tame him? He didn't know, and thus he decided to speak the truth. "I am very grateful for your assistance, Miss Anya," he said to her. "And it would be my pleasure to accompany you, at least until Professor Nero returns from her assignment. While I have a personal fondness for Ignis and all of its mages, my magic is wild, and perhaps only a mage specialized in the element can help me wield it. I think I won't know until I speak with Maester Daruk and Maestra Nero. Maybe they will know how to best place me. But in the meantime, I don't see what harm would befall me to hang out with you guys. Might as well make myself useful."

Arun was looking for mages to accompany him, and it seems that the others were considering it. Kolm shrugged. "It sounds interesting enough. I'll join you guys, if that's what you all decide to do." He lifted his gaze to meet Arun's. "Arun, isn't it? I remember seeing you yesterday with the others during the assault on the cathedral. If I recall, one of them called you Arun. Is that what you want me to call you, or is Mister Roshan more appropriate?"

Meanwhile, Kagura had retired to his room to rest after the day's events. If he so desired, he too could join the set of mages in their search.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita River Camp -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136

"My dear Mabel, every person must make choices that they don't want to make. I did too, and now I am here for that reason." she said to the young priestess.

It was a good sign that the girl in front of her was opening her heart. Holding and hiding such feelings could prove to be a mistake in the future. They could eat a person from the inside, make them do things that, under other circumstances, they would never make. The Maestra wiped the tear that was now rolling down the Priestess's cheek.

"I have, many times. And while I pursued some of those relationships, things changed once I became the Maestra of Somnum. I focused on the happiness and well-being of my students, teachers, anyone who belonged to the court. And, yet, sometimes I wonder if I acted rashly and should have declined such a position. But I am happy knowing that my actions are helping those around the world. I make sure the students learn to control their abilities and, in turn, they use those abilities to help others," Nero said as she looked to the side for a moment, "do I regret the choices I've made? Honestly? I think a small part of me still thinks I made a mistake, that I should be in the middle of the sea, looking for adventure, discovering the mysteries that our world has to offer. But then I remember that my actions as maestra are making a change around the world. A change for everyone. A change for the better. Or so I hope. I guess only time will tell."

Nero watched Mabel for a moment, looking how her face showed what she was feeling at the time. She then told her about what worried her.

"Splitting the party is both a good and a bad idea. We can confuse whoever is trying to harm you, but it also means that our numbers would be diminished. At this point, this is a gamble Either we get rid of our pursuers, or they make the correct guess. Everyone must be aware of the risks of this plan. Let's discuss it with the others once you have changed."

The face that Mabel had while looking at the different ensembles made Niro smile. How often was it since the young girl had worn something other than her usual garbs? Being a the high priestess was something that she wondered if it was worth it.

"Go right ahead, Mabel. Take your time, I hope you find something that you really like."

Mabel came out a few minutes later, wearing one outfit that Nero remembered wearing years ago, while trying to steal something back from a thief, and keeping the loot afterwards. Good times. She remained silent as Mabel gave an explanation about the plan they had to split the party. Making another member of the group dress as her was a good idea too. Nero was surprised when Mabel offered that idea to the others.

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

"I see. Well,I suppose not talking about such business would have been better than putting you and your sister in danger for having such knowledge. In that case, I will take a quick look while we are here."

Diane would take the papers inside the envelope and read them while the others did their thing. It was nothing that important, mostly information about Elia, date of birth, other important dates, to them, at least. She keep reading as fast as she could. After some minutes of doing so, she found that, from all the papers the envelope contained, only one had a bold number. She made sure to double check the other papers, but no such thing on any of them.

"I've found something odd in these documents. From all the papers that the envelope contained, only one had a bold number," Diane said calmly as she pointed at the border of one of the pages, "right here. The number is "21". This is not a numbered page, and it's the only bold number. If the conbination has six numbers, then we have 25 from Vincent and 21 from me. Maybe there is another clue in one of the other envelopes."

While Mako was doing her thing, Diane opened the rest of the envelopes and began to read their contents, trying to find another possible clue for the safe, just in case Mako couldn't get whatever was inside.

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral - Dinning Hall -
RikuXIII RikuXIII Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

"Sounds like a good start for me. If you aren't against it, then I will join you in the search for this blue-haired man," Incarose said.

She was eager to get to work, to take things out of her mind such as the encounter from yesterday, and to help and find this mysterious individual who, apparently, had something to do with the automaton incident.

"I'm sure that if we all work together then the probability of finding some clues about this man will be higher. Let's do our best in helping solve this mystery. Let's bring whoever caused all of this to justice."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita River -
Arkane would be sitting in the same carriage as Mabel. The plan to separate was a go. He was very happy. He would walk past Lady Mia, giving her the cattiest smile at her, albeit he hid some of it behind his fan and sleeve as he walked by, before stepping right inside the carriage and saving a space for the rest.

- Yael - Unaffiliated - Vita River-

"Do you know that a cat has nine lives?"
The scent of burning wood as drums played in the night. Shadows of the dancers stretched as far as the tents could reach. Little hands pressed against the parchment. "They have nine?" The child asked. The elder nodded. "That they have, Fradesi. They sat that each life they become wiser, and in their last life they leave their knowledge to their predecessors to take. After their final life, they join the stars above." The young child leaned his head up. "Do they remember their past lives?" "I do not know. Some say they do, which is why they can be considered so wise and cunning." Fradesi glanced back down at the parchment, hand pressed against the symbol of the cat's paw. It was just barely as big as his.

My second life I was born among the ashes, to survivors of the wild lands. I was a hunter proud of my name, and cursed with visions that would never come true. Years were spent attempting to expel any poison that could have been affecting me. None worked. I died by my own hand, unable to understand the curse that afflicted me. My name was Gula.

My third life was full of traditions and happiness. Traveling the land and never calling a single place home for too long. I was the child of an elder and all that I could ask I was given. I would be cursed with memories of past lives that I could not understand. Visions that would haunt me. A blessing, they called it, and so I lived. I used my past lives to learn things I had never heard of before. I was made leader, and with knowledge known to me by memories long past, I led them for a lifetime. I died of old age. My name was Fradesi.

My fourth life I was born of misfortune. I learned of the depravity of humanity, and all that it can do to the mind. These dreams of lives where I smiled and had a family were all that kept me going. But were they dreams, or memories? I died at the age of 23, my body unable to take anymore. My name was Okui.

My fifth life ended before it even began. I opened my eyes, and all I saw was dark. All I felt was the cold of the water as it filled my lungs, and I fell into slumber. I died an hour old. I had no name.

A cat is supposed to only have nine lives. That is what I thought. It only meant that I would only have nine lives to call my own, before it all blurred together. Before I remembered everything. I have had many names, but they all meant the same. A cat has nine lives, and all of them were mine.

My name is...

The separation of the two groups was a risky, and maybe foolish idea. But the circumstances that led to it left no choice. It was probably the best way to increase their chances of success...or disaster. Regardless, they would never know defeat nor victory unless they took a leap of faith. As Yael opened his eyes, he eyed at the two carriages. One would carry the priestess, and the other the impostor. His eyes continued to exchange between the two before deciding that it would be best for him to head with the second group. Before that, however, he would go visit Jynn. He transformed into his cat form, jumping onto Jynn's lap. "Jynn." He spoke, his tail wagging against Jynn's chin. "I know that getting used to no eyes is...difficult. Oh how it will be. But do not fear it!" He said, smiling. "For my vision may be blurry, but you have yet to fall within them!" He reassured, raising a paw and up and pressing it against Jynn's nose. "But the journey has just begun, Jynn. The visions keep coming, and the world keeps turning. What follows shall determined the future, and you must be prepared to make decisions. All that I ask of you, Jynn; is that you do not let your love for the princess blind you to what she may be. I will explain to you everything one day...but you are not ready. Not yet." He spoke, narrowing his eyes. He finally let go of his nose and chuckled. "Well. I will be going with the other group. I am going to be seeing an old friend of mine!" He admitted, jumping off Jynn's lap. "Oh yeah...the name is Nahum. Well...my first name is." With that, Yael jumped off the carriage, heading to the second one. He transformed into his human phase, and the relaxed smile on his lips remained, even as the eyes told of restlessness. Seeing the future was great. Seeing pieces was good. Seeing pieces, unable to fully comprehend them...now that was what made a mage. Yael would happily walk into the carriage with the old lady Mia. "Hello! I hope you do not mind if I join you!" He smiled, sitting right across from her. "You have done a wonderful job in raising priestess Mabel. She is a doll." Yael said, playing with his own claws. "...so much so that she has no concept of the world outside her gilded cage...neither of the truth...does she?"

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Lt. Mastiff's Office -
"I have done all possible tests. There is nothing wrong with him."​

Vincent sat down in the doctor's office, looking up between his parents and the woman who had performed yet another test on him. The three stepped out of the room, and of course Vincent would eavesdrop. Albeit, it was not hard with the silence of the clinic around them. "I understand you were worried for his powers. That he may be a late bloomer. But I believe the reality is that he is not a mage at all." The doctor spoke. "Do you really think so?" "Yes. I know that you both come from lines of mages, and that you are both capable of magic yourselves. But he was born 'normal' for human standards. It is uncommon, but it does happen. He was merely born with a human level of magical capacity. Other than that he is perfectly healthy. He is merely...normal." She explained. "Will he never be able to wield magic? Even if taught?" "You can try. But I highly suggest you are careful with the kind of magic you use. The last thing we want is for him to be hurt." "No of course not. That is not our intention at all...oh our Vincent." "As long as he is healthy, then that is all that matters to us. We will make haste with the paperwork. This is the year where they begin to practice magic, and we do not wish for him to get hurt by the other students." The visit ended short after, and the three walked home, Vincent in between his mother and father as they headed back to their home. Vincent thought of their words the whole way home, and eventually came to a halt. Before he could control himself, he was crying. "Mother, father?" He asked, looking up. "I...I am sorry I am normal." Hands were quick to reassure him, gentle kisses against his forehead as fingers wiped away his tears. "Vincent, there is no need to apologize. We should be the ones saying sorry. We wanted to think that you were merely a late bloomer, we have put you in danger over our ignorance." His father insisted. Vincent sniffled and cried, looking up. "But I cannot use magic like you or grandma or grandpa or cousin..." He hiccuped, speaking between sobs. "Will they still like me?" "Of course they will sweetie." "Do you still love me?" "Of course! Vincent dear." His mother proceeded to pick him up in her arms, holding him close. "Of course we love you, Vincent. Now and forever. We do not care if you can wield magic or not. We will love you until the very end, and support you. You are our little prince." His mother reassured. His father would rub his head and back, reassuring the child. "As your mother said. We love you. There is nothing wrong with you. It is merely who you are, and you should always be proud to be you." Vincent rubbed his eyes. "Will I have to leave my class?" "Well, we do not know. The academy is for magic individuals. Unless we find a way to excuse you from the magic curriculum..." "But! No need to fret! We will get you private tutors to teach you. You can stay at home, study in your pajamas, and be whatever you want." His father reassured. Vincent nodded, leaning his head against his mother's shoulder.

"There is no shame in who you are. Be proud of it."​

"Uh..." He squinted his eyes at the letter, carefully sliding it back into the safe. "No real reason...do not worry about it. Ask your father later." He was not about to start up any family drama at this moment. They needed to focus on getting that safe open. "Lets keep looking around for any important numbers. We are just missing two more." He muttered, flipping through stuff. "Vlad, Mako, help search. Anything that might be significant." He said. He was trying very hard to not make a mess as he flipped through the papers. Restaurants, letters, invoices, more personal stuff. "If we find a calendar we might be screwed." He joked, looking back at Elia. "Whatever is in that safe must really be important...especially to hide it. You would not have any idea of why he would hide a safe like that, would you?" He doubted she would know anything. He stared at the letter. "Well...do you know someone by the name of Liam...?"

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral: Dinning Hall -
Arun nodded in agreement. "Yes. Let us go and search for him! We shall find that blue haired man today!" He said. He took Incarose's hand, as if to guide her out of the cathedral and out into the streets. "Onward. We cannot hesitate."

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, travelling the streets of Sanctus Heights -

Pali retreated earlier than he anticipated from the tasks he had assigned himself, out of breath and having met the threshold of his reserved abilities. A total of five buildings had been restructured, supported by living backbones of trees and yawning outstretched branches. While it may not be the most contemporary fix, some folks might enjoy the aesthetic of living in a hybrid home, like the elves of both fairy tales and modern literature. Silly writers. Pointy-eared immortals? If he ever were to observe such individuals in real life, as impossible as that was, he figured he would probably dance with a guy within the same minute. It was that impossible.

Bracing his shoulder against a wall as his legs failed to carry him properly, he winced under the agony of brick meeting scapula. Whispering beneath his breath, he wished his shoulder to properly heal and his legs to be as sturdy as steel, but such were the least of his problems.

"Well, looky what we have here, some half-starved foreigner th'seems down on his luck," said another individual, a mop of hair shielding the top half of his face, the rest of it an amorphous smile that meant nothing good. Below all of that popped out a switch blade, a decent razor spring-loaded from within a wooden handle reddened by having seen much use of shedding blood. "Have any purse on you, fella, or is the only opulence the clothes ye're wearing?"

Pali glared at the brigand before him, sucking his teeth in annoyance before twisting his mouth into a lopsided grin.

"You've come at a good time . . . for me. I'm in need of a recovery snack. Don't worry: I read it all on your face, your hands, and the pulse within your veins. No one will miss your absence."

What happened next was indescribable except to Pali, the last witness silenced so swiftly that he did not see it. However, detectives later would find that the only evidence of a fight was a pool of blood imprinted by someone, and that that someone was no longer there, as if he had just awakened from a bad dream and left.

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, also travelling the streets of Sanctus Heights (yellow for myself, blue for Mystics) -

Opposite the district where Pali splurged in self-indulgence, Jari roamed the streets absent-mindedly, his mind running around in circles that never seemed to let up. After his conversation with Kagura, he tried to distance himself from the cathedral and his friend. Names seemed to mentally shower down upon him from his own brain -- idiot, fool, silly, oafish, ignoramus. Why did he not know that Kagura, who he thought of as a girl and as a crush for the longest time, was actually a boy? How did he not pick up on that?

He nearly stumbled into a few people walking opposite him as his eyes stung from fresh, thousand-degree tears. His hand gripped tightly down at the present he was going to gift Kagura, a figurine made from one of the wooden blocks in his rucksack a few moments ago. Was it out of hope or of regret? He did not know, but something new was ordained to snap him free from his trance.

A man, dressed in a black leather trenchcoat and a number of straps and belts along his torso, moved swiftly toward Jari, as though to catch up with him before disappearing in the crowd. His long blue hair whipped behind him. Finally he reached out to grasp Jari's wrist, blinking several times before he proffered the Somnum mage a smile. "Hold it, I know you! You're Jari, right? Jari Coriander, the Somnum mage?"

The fox boy jumped at the sensation of being tugged from behind, and turned with a growing sense of shock. This man knew him? If judging from the colour of his hair, he might have been related to Mellark, but he wondered if it were some sort of official.

"That's me," he voiced, trying to come off with some inkling of repose. "Can I help you in any way, Mister . . . ?" he asked further, in search of a name to call this new individual.

"Niall," he voiced, filling in the blank with a name. "Niall Anjou. It is a pleasure to finally meet you! My dear friend, Ychera, cannot seem to stop talking about you." He straightened himself, standing at about Jari's height. From this position, Jari could likely see the hilt of his sword sticking out from the sheath on his back.

Jari blinked in surprise for a moment, looking between the man's countenance and the sword pommel on his back. This person knew Ychera, his good tutor, for lack of a better word? That would readily explain why Niall would know his name out of the several Somnum mages in the capital so far, but his surprise grew to excitement when he realised what this might mean.

"You know Ychera? And a sword . . . ah, then you must be an old acquaintance of hers, if not an adventurer. Then, does that mean she's still in the capital? Please, I need to see her!" he exclaimed, his voice pleading.

It was the man's turn to look mildly surprised. He watched the enthusiastic youth with mild bewilderment. "Yes, I do know her. We go way back."

He paused, frowning slightly at Jari's second question. "She will be arriving in the capital shortly, and I have no doubt that she would love to see you." He offered Jari a warm smile, yet something odd flickered in his pupil-less eyes. "I must say, running into you like this is quite the fortunate stroke of luck. What better way to greet an old friend than with an old friend that she's just dying to truly meet?" Niall turned his back to Jari, gesturing toward an alleyway before them. "If you have time to spare, I would be glad to take you to our meeting place. It is likely that she will be arriving shortly after ourselves."

The fact that Ychera was going to arrive in the capital struck Jari as rather odd, considering he was sure that he saw her earlier, but he took it as what the man said: a stroke of luck. Perhaps it was a trick of the mind earlier, especially considering he was under rubble and in the thick of a fire. That would explain the man's confusion. However, if she was to come to the capital, then to meet her, and to actually speak with her, was a joy he had hoped to accomplish and could not pass up, especially if she was just as excited to meet him. He excitedly nodded at the blue-haired individual before him.

"Please do!" he answered, positively elated. "Lead the way."

Niall's lip curved up in a smile. "With pleasure, Mister Coriander."

The blue-haired man kept an even pace, yet swift through the bustling crowd. If Jari seemed to fall behind he would slow his walk slightly, though he didn't seem desirous to doddle. "Is this your first time in the capital?" he inquired. "It's rather marvelous, isn't it? Just when I think I know all of Sanctus Heights' nooks and crannies, I am constantly surprised with more. But alas, I have not been here in years, and things change rather quickly."

The streets began to slow as they journeyed further, with no more than a stray person or three roaming the otherwise abandoned alleyway. The buildings on this street appeared unkempt and run-down, despite the fact that they weren't affected by the fire. Niall pointed to a building not too far from them. An old-fashioned well stood before the building, both seeming rather aged and as though they hadn't seen life grace them in decades. "We are quite close. It is that house over there."

The man before him walked with a furious speed which, to him, spoke of great practice of walking through cities, but thankfully Jari seemed to maintain a similar pace. He trotted behind with a smile on his face, gladdened for yet another new companionship as this man's.

"This is my second time in the city, actually. My first time was with my mom and dad, but I was young at the time and had to stick by their sides as they conducted mage business. This time I'm with my court, but like you say things seem . . . different, I guess. More vibrant, but less people, if that makes sense."

When they approached the house, he glanced up, interested in the residence. It was a perfect location to get away from prying eyes, especially because it looked like a dilapidated building that somehow dodged the sights of building planners and zoning permitters. However, he did wonder if others had moved in, especially if it had been vacant for a while.

"This house here?" he asked, a prickle running down his spine from the nape of his neck, but from what he did not know. "That is good. I was wondering how far we would go. I've never went this far."

"Really?" Niall inquired, only mildly interested in the fact that Jari hadn't traveled this far into the city. "It is an older part of town. I had lived in this area, once, quite a long time ago."

He moved forward, opening a rusted gate with a loud creak and allowing Jari to move forward before he followed himself. He would then lead Jari up three stone steps to a back door of the building, which stood crooked on its hinges. "Hmm," he murmured, more to himself than to anyone. He snapped his fingers, and a thick layer of ice encased itself around the doorknob. "I would stand back, perhaps," he cautioned to Jari, before unsheathing his long blade and shattering the metal doorknob with the hilt of it.

As though this were a completely normal manner of entering a building, he smiled widely at Jari, opening the door by prodding it inward and gesturing for him to enter. "The sitting room is straight ahead, large and circular. You cannot miss it."

Jari stood with great curiosity at the sight of the man wielding ice magic with such finesse that it did not backlash, a gift for an untrained mage . . . unless he had been trained by Somnum a while back, but he did not press the conversation. Perhaps it was because both Ychera and he were of the same kind that they gained a similar sense of understanding of what they had for gifts.

Smiling back at the man, Jari stepped over the threshold of the building. For some reason the prickle on his neck grew in intensity, as if something were amiss. He suspected the man behind him might have been the reason for this. While he knew of Ychera, his questions were dodgy at best. Perhaps when Ychera came through the door, he would ask some questions to the man to help relieve his curiosity.

The sitting room was as the man stated, with furnishings covered with blankets which were, in turn, layered with dust. After shaking out the first chair's blanket that he could approach, he choked on the dust that scattered from the disturbed cloth, and the rays of light through the boarded-up windows were made much more visible as a result.

"So, Niall, how long ago has it been since you've lived here?" he asked, turning his head toward the man as he tried to unfurl a second chair's blanket carefully to wrap up the dust. "You must have used a different room to talk about stuff if you both have met here before."

Jari would find that Niall had not been directly behind him; instead he was still standing at the backdoor which they had entered from. "Oh, it has been some time since I've lived here, Jari. Preservation magic does wonders, but even this place shows an incredible amount of wear and tear. I haven't lived in Sanctus Heights in nearly one-thousand years, but it does feel good to be home."

The sound of crackling ice could be heard from where Niall presided, the door behind protected by a thick, large blockade of ice. It could perhaps be melted, but it would at least slow down anyone trying to enter--or exit.

"And we have not met here before. In fact, it has been such a very long time since Ychera and I have even met in the flesh. But that soon is about to change, as she will be very much in the flesh here among us. Soon. Within the hour." The blue-haired man's smile no longer seemed warm or friendly as he approached Jari, reaching for a glass shard upon the coffee table as he did so.

Time froze as horror ate away at whatever remained of his joy and hope, and Jari felt his entire being turn an icy cold. He drew his blade from his hip and held it before him, his hand quivering.

"What . . . what do you mean?" he queried. "You can't mean that this building is a thousand years old. Preservation magic? Such power can be used to bind to a house for this long?" He shook his head angrily. "And Ychera . . . what do you mean?!"

He did not wait as he reset his hand so that he gripped the knife's blade by the end between three fingers, throwing it high toward the man's head, but not intending to hit him. It was more meant to scare the man away, to free Jari from this situation. Niall was mad. He had to be such. There was no way that anything else he said was true.

The knife flew past Niall's head, burrowing itself into a nearby portrait of a woman veiled in a sheer black fabric. The blue-haired man tsked, wrenching the blade free and moving slowly toward Jari.

"Calm down, you don't have anything to be afraid of," he murmured, tone smooth and venomous. "And even if you did, I don't think throwing your weapon away will do you any good. What I intend to do is save Ychera, Jari, and I am planning on using your help to do it. Do you not wish to save an old friend from an unfortunate fate?"

"I have other weapons," Jari replied with equal venom, a half-truth because he did not forge the weapons yet from his metal ingots. He however paused at the thought of helping Ychera, and one of his hands lowered marginally from being at the ready. "I would like to help her. I would like to save her, but what do you intend to do to assist her?"

Jari's answer seemed to satisfy the blue-haired man. He flicked his wrist casually. "I wish to restore her to this world, the human realm. I fear that she has been banished to that of the spirit one, and I want to restore her to her former glory--or at least as close to it as I can get." He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, beginning to circle the Somnum mage. "I had hoped for someone better. Yes, perhaps that girl whose body contains the powers of the Phoenix, or the one which can teleport to arrive at her destination. But neither would have been willing to help Ychera, nor would they have been willing to hear me and follow me here.

"Yes, yes, you will have to do." He shook his head, as though snapping out of a reverie. "Just stand still and try not to think. Thinking will only make it much worse for you."

With Jari's knife, the blue-haired man traced a sigil in the air. It began to glow a cyan-blue, before it appeared to be etched into the very air itself and, finally, the physical world being torn asunder. The parting of their dimension revealed a ghastly green hue, seeming gaseous in nature and yet oddly solid. The echoes of thousands of cries in unison resounded through the room from the rift which Niall created, until finally a spirit--a creature that appeared neither alive nor dead--emerged. With a second wave of his hand, the rift between worlds vanished, leaving only Jari, himself, and their newfound guest in the room.

"It isn't the perfect vessel, I will admit," Niall said, looking down upon Jari somberly. "But it is the best that I could do. I hope that you are pleased with me . . . Ychera."

The fox boy's eyes followed Niall with a growing discomfort, unsure of what to think. Niall still sounded like a raving madman, but there was a spark of animated truth to what he was saying, something he felt could not be determined within someone truly insane. He fully knew that he had the ability to help, and that scared Jari. The mentioning of Mako and Incarose . . . or maybe Anya fueled his anger, and he twisted his body toward Niall threateningly, pulling free an ingot from his rucksack. How dare he bring up the people he cared for, all for the sake of some . . . something. A ritual? An arcane rite? No matter what, he was now determined not to let it happen, not if it involved them in any way.

The slice into an eldritch place caught Jari off-guard, and the wails of spirits of every kind nearly sent his rear to the floor, and then . . . he saw her. She was different and yet the same. The blackened, spiritual flesh clothed in weightless raiment could not hide the stern and judging eyes which held an alluring light, nor can anything hide the scythe on her back, a memento of cutting down life itself. Jari stiffened. Ychera was there before him, and all the warmth he had imagined was laid bare as nothing more than dread.

"Pleased indeed," she answered, waving the only arm he could see as a courtesy to Niall. "We chose him for his heart, as flawed and weak as it is, and not much has changed. He is still as selfless as before, which makes him ripe for the plucking. And now I can regain flesh. Taste, touch, smell, feel -- I gave you my powers on lend, and now you will give me my payment."

Jari's legs collapsed from beneath him well before she approached him, a caress to his face leading to the flow of her into him. Jari roiled on the floor, fighting the takeover, before collapsing immobile.

Time passed like aeons rather than minutes, and Jari lifted his head at last. Niall stared on, anticipation written all over his face. "Is it done?" he asked, a simple question for what he hoped will be a simple answer.

What came was matching in finality: "It is done."

Niall smiled and replied, "Welcome home."

"Jari" rubbed his legs, then face, then looked at his arms.

"This . . . is fantastic. However, it will not last as is. He is still fighting me for control, and is not fully absorbed. There is also the matter of the other Courts to consider, and their suspicions to deal with. For that reason, we will have to postpone our reunion for some time . . . Niall. I am going to ease control back to the boy, and remove all memory of his that this has ever happened. Mind and body will not recall me, nor you, but I will recall it all. Your sacrifice and your devotion to getting me back to this plane, in a true form -- I intend to reimburse you for everything when he stops his struggle. Until then, stay as one of the living so that I will be with you like before."

Niall understandably had reserve to this plan, but he relented. Weeks, months, and years seemed like nothing compared to his patient spirit.

"I will be waiting. And remember, if you have any need of me dropping in--"

"I will remember, and I will always be thankful. Goodbye for now, Niall. I welcome the day we will be back together."

-- -- --

"What . . . what happened?"

Jari felt sore, sickly, and laden with a hot sweat when he woke up from his bedroom later that day. He did not recall at all having retired to bed, but he did remember walking back, Kagura, and more. He still felt as empty as before, but the sensation was paired up with a thing similar but substantial. What was this ill feeling?

Something poked at his clutched hand, and he glanced down at it and smiled before he set it aside and dared to fell asleep again. Answers will come at their own times, he reminded himself. Nothing needed to be resolved now.

The object in his hand was his gift for Kagura.

ISABELLE
Isabelle began to pack her supplies preffering to stay out of everyone’s way. She seemed rather nervous around the horses. Animals always could feel the malicious magic in her blood, none of them liked it, and by association, they didn’t like her.

QUINN
The earth rider found her choice of direction easy, a straight shot towards the capital no annoying Trains, no people, nothing but the earth, and herself. She was unaware of the path the other mages took.The dust cloud behind her was just large enough to be seen above the forest treeline.

Saffron
Saff could barely stand hearing thr name Kiev anymore, let alone listen to everyone talk about him. Seeing Tibarn get up she followed suit. “Ill join you.” She said and With that she moved to follow Tibarn. Kiev was certainly a name that held bad memories, considering it was how she drew first blood and how she grew to become the bounty hunter that she was. She thought for a moment and realized that it was thanks to him that she join this group but that wasnt much to pardon him for everything he had done.

Aquilla
The thermal magician held tight to the gloscan crystal around her neck, it was faintly cold to the touch thanks to the dwindling ice magic within. “Maybe its the way I look at things, or how i was trained.... Im getting stronger maybe i just need to focus more. Think warmer thoughts... Ill be sure to get it by Yule. Maybe earlier.” She set a goal for herself, determined to cast fire magic without a conduit. In the past she beleived it to only be a faint wish, but with the visual improvement to her magic as of late, maybe it could be a reality.

Aino
Dressed in a lovely purple gown meant for a Noble And a Dark cloak to keep her warm, atop her head of brown hair was a small purple hat with a flower on it. Lastly at her side was a sizable revolver. The brunette woman stood quietly beneath a tree, staring at the corpse of a beast in the water. “Such beautiful savagery...” she said with a smile. Her eye color changed to a faint deep blue. Around the air felt threatening, chaotic, uncontrollable much like the beast before her. “Looks like a few mages took you down quite recently.. poor thing.”

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vita River

Jynn listens to Yael, but the shapeshifter leaves with a warning, as well as revealing his true name, Nahum. Jynn wasn’t sure how to reply, so he remained silent. Curious as to what Mabel was saying outside, he tries to take a peek out of the carriage, but he missteps, and falls out of the carriage and onto the ground. “Urgh....” He gets up and sits on the ground.

There, he started to contemplate about himself. Now that he is blind, is he really a good choice to be a maester? To lead a court that was once his stepmother’s? Not only that, how long could he protect his friends?

Morpha Gallant, Umbra - Vita River

A voice sounds from the shadows. “In fact, those mages are up ahead.” Morpha emerges from a shadow cast by a nearby tree. She examines the dead Lagiacrus. “Such a pity. This beast could’ve killed my nemesis if it weren’t for the meddling priestess and maesters.” She looks to Aino. “I would ask you to assist me in killing them, but they are too strong for us to handle, and they will now safeguard that blind mage almost as much as they do with the priestess.”

Aino-Former Ignis- Vita River
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

She smirked as her eyes shifted to a reddish-gold hue. “That so? What a Shame we could have made a date out of it.” She placed her hands on her hips. “So what did you call an outlaw like me out here for, Dear? Need someone dead, Or maybe a heist?” She leaned forwards towards morpha. Her crosshair like eyes scoping out Morpha. Aino’s visual magic was in effect. The current spell was simply reading Morpha’s mana, like an aura.

Last edited:
{Gerik Lockford - Umbra Court: Vita River}
"No." Gerik answered Vaan absently as he continued readying the report he had received. "Just proceed carefully."
The details on Invidia from Anya were very disturbing. Coping magic like that was a dangerous skill indeed. It had to have limits, but without knowing them, any engagement would have to be taken with extreme caution. Much like this new player's supposed foresight abilities, it made for one to second guess themselves for fear if they were simply playing into his tune. The Umbral Maester found himself admiring Invidia. Even if this all turned into hogwash, he had constructed a situation where his enemies would be continually off balance.
"What I could have done with a mind like that." He thought wistfully.
Though, as Morpha well underlined, potential and actual helpfulness were...not as connected as he would have wished. He nodded to Vaan and Micah before heading off to see what his fellow maesters and the High Priestess were planning. He paused to listen to Mabel's announcement and Nero's council.
"I'm afraid things are a little more complicated, your grace." The Umbral maester called as he approached Mabel. "I received a report from my aid Diane back i Sanctus Heights. based on it and other reports, I must conclude that the person behind the plot against you is named Invidia, an illegal mage I have been investigating. Based on questioning some captured associates, this Invidia claims to have prophetic abilities. Also, according to this report"
He waved the encoded parcel.
"His abilities include some form of magical mimicry. His aims seem to be the toplling of the current government through your assassination. We cannot be certain whether his foresight is real or a ruse, but as we have made it this far, I feel reasonably comfortable to say if real, it at least has limits. But, even with limits, our attempt to split up could mean sending a weakened force directly into Invidia's hands. Staying together could mean a bigger target, but mostly assures that whatever we face, we face united."

{Mako Koyl - Somnum Court: Sanctus Heights; Lt. Masstiff's office}
Mako nervously approached the safe. She wasn't really sure about this, but she had been good at getting into the store's cash box whenever father accidently took the key with him. And that was before she discovered her magic. She walked around the safe, even crouching down at times, getting a feel for it from different angles. Pulling out a coin, Mako got closer and tapped the safe a few times with the coin, listening closely to it. There were a lot of things she didn't know about, but shapes and spaces were something she did know. She was so focused on her examination of the safe that she missed Vincent calling to her. Using the outward dimensions and echoing sounds from inside the safe, she attempted to open a small portal where the inside of the the safe's top should be. If successful, she would reach into the safe.

(Anya later)

–Vita River–
Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136

Mabel had been so certain that splitting up was a good idea, though Gerik's words now left her feeling uncertain. Her gaze flickers over toward Jynn, who sat outside the carriage on the ground, though immediately her attention rested on the maester whom spoke to her.

"I do not know of this Invidia of which you speak," she admitted, "but from what you say it would seem that he is not someone to be taken lightly, especially if he has the gift of foresight, as he so claims.

"And yet, we don't know how much he can see, if he can see at all, as you said, Maester Lockford." She glanced over toward Nero, hoping that the wise maestra would share her wisdom or insight on the matter. "I think the risk of staying together would be greater than our separation, though neither choice is optimal. I will keep my head down and eyes wide, and I am sure that my companions will do what they can to ensure my safety. Vita City is indeed large, after all, and if we can throw our pursuers off with the false priestess and Lady Mia, I feel that we should try."

With that, Mabel shifted from the front of the crowd, slipping between the mages who'd followed her loyally, who still were devoted and wished to follow her lead, even if she were uncertain of herself and inexperienced in the world. She offered Henry and Makoto a shy smile as she passed them, and placed a hand on Eclaire's shoulder while giving a nod to Maester Daruk. She moved toward the carriage leaving for Vita City, where Arkane was already seated and Jynn sat outside.

Tentatively Mabel began to extend a hand out to touch the blind mage, and then hesitated, recalling the conversations that she had that day. Her stomach churned and her mouth went dry, searching for words and yet not knowing what to say.

"Come," she said, voice tender. The High Priestess moved past him to enter the carriage, her hand running along his cheek discreetly as she passed him.

Once inside, she took a seat across from Arkane. "Do you tire of riding?" she inquired. "I know that it was a long trek from your home in the canyon already."

---------
Lady Mia glanced over at the Shapeshifter, smiling slightly at the compliments on the priestess. "She is indeed a sweetheart," was her response. "When I first met her I was uncertain, but as time has gone on I have come to love her as though she were my own." Her smile fell as Yael continued, however, mouth slightly agape at his final words . She ran her tongue over her lower lip, shooting a glance out the window awkwardly before finally comprising the words to respond with. "The . . . truth? Well, I don't know quite how to respond to that. The truth of her father, of her role as priestess? Something else?"

Her words trailed as her eyes narrowed on the shapeshifter. "I am afraid that you are going to have to be a bit more specific, my young shapeshifting friend. This senile old mind has a hard time keeping up."

--------

Once everyone had climbed into their carriages, they were off, one carriage en route to Vita City, while the other parted ways for Aeternalis. It was a risky move, and yet the one that Mabel felt daring enough to take. They had a half day's journey ahead of them, so they would be seated with their companions for a while.

(I will be updating with their arrival next weekend, so if you guys want to play out their travel you can, or they will be arriving by this weekend. Whichever you are most comfortable with is fine with me).

"Hey, Bambi." A voice came from behind Isabelle, as Remy approached. He strode over beside her, grasping a bag of supplies that she had already put together and flung it over his shoulder. "You've been awfully quiet since we got here. Is something the matter?" He paused a moment, as though searching for the right words, before finally adding, "It is because you left . . . isn't it? You're worried that you can never return home to your court now that you've thrown your towel in with our lot?"

He was taking a stab at things, but he'd overheard some of Isabelle's conversation with the others, and had a sinking feeling that something was gnawing at the poor girl. Remy offered her a sympathetic smile, tentatively reaching out to grasp her hand. "As little as it may mean coming from a lowly rogue such as myself, I want to just say . . . . It'll be okay. I don't know your family, and I sure as heck don't know court traditions, but . . . . I have seen how strong-willed and determined you are. I know that you'll make your own place in the world. With or without your lot back home."

–Sanctus Heights: Train Station–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Tibarn was slightly surprised when Saff volunteered to join him. He'd barely spoken to her since their previous train ride. Heck, he figured that Arno probably filled her in on all kinds of embarrassing stories regarding him and that she no longer would want to associate herself with him as a result. Now that they were together again, and alone, he sort of didn't know how to react.

Silently he lead her out of the train car, slipping away into a passage between cars where there was just enough room for about four people to stand. The fresh air whipped their hair and faces, though to Tibarn it felt good. Refreshing, as through brushing away all the chaos that had ensued over the past few days.

"It seems like you're fitting in quite nicely," Tibarn commented, glancing over at Saff from over his shoulder. "Arno seems to have taken a liking to you. Things going well with you guys? Think I heard something about some training or some such?"

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

The raven-haired youth couldn't help eyeing Vincent suspiciously. Generally when someone would quickly dismiss something it was because they didn't want her knowing some vital piece of information. She certainly didn't trust him–that was for sure.

"My grandfather's name was Liam," she said. "That help?"

She thought about what could be in the safe that would require it to be hidden, though the answer to which alluded her. "I am an unaffiliated mage," she admitted. "Though we have tried to keep it a secret. My sister refuses to let me join a court, and my family has tried to hide the fact that I can use magic. I don't know if any of that has to do with the safe, but I guess that might be a big enough secret that it would require something like that?"

Meanwhile, Mako would find that her hand went neatly into the safe. It was large, and the tips of her fingers would barely be able to reach the bottom. She would find a thick heavy book, a folder, some worn pieces of paper, and something smooth, oval-shaped, and metallic.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Breakfast room–
RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136

Kolm blinked, uncertain of how to take Arun's enthusiasm. "Right. . . . Well, I should go and get my things. I always want to stop and pay a visit to a friend before we leave. You guys go on ahead without me; I will catch up."

He scooted off his stool and moved on toward his room, where he picked up a sword and some personal affects, before moving on to the infirmary, where he'd hoped to find Aquilla.

"Hey, are you awake?" he asked softly, jerking the curtain to her bed without actually opening it. "May I come in? It seems that I'm tagging along with your fellow Ignis mages in search of some man with blue hair. Bit vague, but at least I'll be making myself useful. How are you feeling? I kind of was wondering if you'd like to come along, if you think that you're feeling up for some walking. I think some fresh air might do you some good."
-----
Meanwhile, the streets outside the cathedral were bustling, as per usual. People from all walks of life went from here and there, some even stopping to admire the burnt, crippled structure of the automaton that had brought ruin to their city. If they wandered far enough they may encounter Pali, or they may see a young couple pass by, both with blue hair! The blue-haired woman giggled incessantly as her companion whispered in her ear. He'd glance over at the mages, offering them a half-smile as the couple passed by.

Last edited:
Isabelle- preparing for the journey.
“Bambi?” Isabelle turned and seemed almost surprised that someone approached her at all. “Oh...Remy... um...yeah...The Cinque family isnt well known for their kindness.” She steps away from the horses and found a place to sit. “I just didnt want anyone to know who I was...My father has many bussiness partners across Regalia so its a bit of a worry if someone found out where I was.” She looks down at her shoes. “In all honesty...” she looks up at Remy, a bit a fear shining through in her eyes. “Im worried I will be forced to go back. The meeting at Sanctus Heights was my first taste of freedom. After this.. im sure to be locked away again...”

Aquilla
Kolm would find Aquilla’s bed bed empty. A small note on the table was the only sign that she was there at all. The note simply said. “Gone to the training fields. Sorry I didn’t wait to check out.” The note seemed likely to have been left for the nurses and doctors.

————

Outside in the Training area Aquilla was simply sanding infront of a lit candle. Her left hand over top it trying to feel the heat that it radiated. Her other hand held her blade, overtop a small bonfire. She seemed determined to get a hold of her firemagic, any way she could figure out how. She was out of her hospital gown and wearing a simple white button down with a long brown skirt.

Saffron on da train
Saff grinned at Tibarns statement. “Ya think so? Cant say that im not happy to hear that. Ive felt like ive been missing a home sinceI left Vivifica.” She says rather freely. “I have to thank Arno sometime toO. Never thought Id get my magic under control before. It was just big bursts that were wild and violent. Now i can my knife sharper and send out cutting blades of air.” She was smiling wide. “What of you? Ive never seen you cast magic. Or speak of a home.” She crossed her arms as she leaned against the train.

Luka
”One of these, One of those....thats an uncommon one.” The intuitive sandmage reveled in her exploration through the mines, picking up many excellent minerals along with some fine chunks of Viela. The entirety of her plans revolved around it after all. Several hours of this would pass before she would return to the somnum court, her riches in tow.

Last edited:
- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita River -
Arkane would take a seat, pulling out hsi fan and waving at himself. He could ride even more comfortably knowing that somewhere in the other carriage, Mia was probably being a worry bout. By the time they met again, he was more than determined to have led Mabel through teenage rebellion. He did not expect her question, but he did not falter. "I do. But not much I can do about it. The alternative is to walk, and I rather not." He admitted, leaning back against the cushion. "Besides...I can entertain myself while here." He admitted, taking out his flute and waving it around. "It is how I grant commands to whatever I summon." He brought it to his lips, and decided that it would do well to bring up a familiar being. He played a few tunes into the flute, and a familiar dog would pop up from a sigil of summoning, landing on Arkane's lap. Hector was back! The dog would turn to Arkane and lick him up, before curling up against his lap and enjoying the pets that followed.

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Vita River -
The shapeshifter smiled and Mia had spunk despite her age, and Yael liked that. "You are still kicking despite your age. Here I was worried you would die on us on the trip." He teased, leaning back. "I merely mean her role as priestess, of course! I am rather confused in regards to it. No one has ever explained it." He admitted, his tail curled as his ears would perk up. "How does one choose a priestess? What if the person does not want to become a priestess?" He asked, rather confused.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office -
The beans were spilled along with the tea and the tea was lukewarm, but it suddenly made sense. "Oh!" He smiled at Elia. She was a mage!...that explained a lot of things, actually. People usually were either afraid, or praised to mages. Of course, the difference between the two was whether one was affiliated to a court or not. "...it is rather...my apologies. Just the irony." He admitted. "You are a mage outside the court and I am a non-mage within one." He chuckled. He organized things back inside the personal safe, closing it up before looking at Mako. "Well, your secret is safe with us. It seems Mako has this covered." He admitted, turning to watch them slid their hand in. "Need any help?" He asked.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Searching for the blue haired man -
Easier said than done. Arun would stare around as the city was still being rebuilt, and people went on with their lives. But blue hair was an unusual color...he thought. Right? They needed to find the blue haired man, somewhere.

- Vlad - The Shadow of Somnus - Lt.Mastiff's office -

The whole situation was a rather big mess, well kinda, for one he didn't know what he was doing here at this point, he was just told to look for anything significant to try and crack the safe, in which case Mako already had it handled, he was going over some records on the table to attempt to look busy but he promptly stopped whatever he was doing when Elia broke under pressure and admitted she was an unaffiliated mage, for quite some time now, and that her family attempted to protect that fact of her.

"Ah, so that is why he went to such measures to protect you, and any informations about it" Vlad inquired, throwing a small glance to the side, looking at nothing as his expression would shift to a somewhat more solemn, maybe even regretful expression, almost as if Mastiff's efforts in protecting Elia reminded him of something, or rather himself in the past.

He nodded as Vincent spoke of keeping her secret safe, in agreement. "Aye lass, this information dies with us, but if I may be that guy..." Vlad sighed. "I do not disagree with your sister's choice of keeping you out of a court, being a mage is difficult and it comes with a lot of pain at times, but the choice should ultimately be yours whether you should join or not, it would be better than hiding...at least in my opinion." Vlad explained, his tone completely out of character for him, he sounded concerned and wisened, and somewhat regretful. "You are the one who should choose when the time is right, no secret is hidden forever, and people do not take kindly to unnafilliated mages...as you know." Vlad finished before turning his gaze towards Mako, who was making progress with the safe.

"How's it going there, lass?" He asked her as he took a few steps towards her.

- Henry Heid - The Sun of Ignis - Vita River -

The whole journey proved to be quite the adventure so far, not only had they felled a lagiacrus but they fought a rogue mage, albeit failed to capture or hurt her for that matter, and one of them was now blinded, maybe permanently, and now so close to their destination of Vita city, Mabel and Mia came up with the idea of splitting up in order to throw off possible attackers and evildoers, an idea which sounded ok on paper, but depending on how they handled the execution it could fall apart in seconds, but staying together would also be problematic due to their sheer numbers.

"There are strength in numbers, but a group this big would draw too much attention, so I agree that splitting up, while not optimal, is the best option we have right now, especially with maesters in tow even more attention would be drawn towards us and the priestess." Henry gave his opinion of the plan, not that his opinion really mattered anymore. He would direct himself to Mia's carriage. Hearing Yael's teasing questions clearly aimed at getting a rise out of the elder.

"Hey Yael, that's enough" Henry playfully said as he lightly smacked the side of the carriage to draw attention to his voice.
"Who's going to be driving the carriage?" Henry asked curiously.

"Hey Makoto, you coming?" He asked to his long time friend.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136

- Arno Cross - Bounty Hunter - Train heading to Vita city -

"Who they were is irrelevant to what they are now" Arno chimmed in as Vaike spoke of tenebris. "Doesn't matter how idealistic a group is, there's always some form of corruption in it". Arno clarified. As he allowed Vaike to continue explaining about Tenebris and their use of Itika and their subsequent corruption.

"Itika is bad business, too much of it can destroy both one's body and mind." Arno commented, almost as if he had experience on the subject, "No use dwelling on what it can or would do to you." Arno spoke, lighting up a small ciggarete before placing it in his mouth.

"The past is something one should dig up carefuly" Arno commented before taking a puff of the ciggarete. As Tibarn and Saffron left the car, mostly after Vaike mentioned about Kiev. Causing Arno to scoff.

Waiting for Saffron to leave the car before beginning to explain, Arno raised his hat slightly with one finger to better look at Vaike. "Kiev was a bounty, a rogue fire mage most likely from Ignis, we apprehended him a few days ago." Arno began to explain about Kiev and their experience with the man. "Man seemed like the junkie, bully type, the type that would take advantage of someone for his own gains."

"He also set the bar we were in on fire and killed the bartender" Arno explained what Kiev had done to Vaike. "I would be surprised if he hasn't been hunged by now, as dangerous and unhinged as he is". Arno answered before continuing to enjoying his ciggareted.

"Vaike." he called, "You speak a lot about Tenebris and what it used to be, but nothing of it's members." Arno changed the subject of conversation, maybe to sate his own curiosity. "Know any names? descriptions?".

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

(Richter shall come later, with a nice bit of backstory for one of my characters)

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, travelling the streets and running into a somewhat familiar face -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Pali came down the streets feeling a little joyous, with a pallid young man travelling behind him, his bushy (and greenish blue) hair further shading his already cloudy eyes. Both of them were as clean as a whistle, and their once murked clothes were free of any sign of the bloodletting that had occurred between them, and were a little fancier than before to boot. This made them look like a master and valet heading down the street, which is precisely what he aimed for.

Within the crowd he espied Arun, and, having recognised him from within the cathedral, attempted to make contact by shoving through the garnered crowd to meet up with him.

"Ho there, Arun. You look distracted. Out searching for You-Know-Who in the city, are you?" he vocalised, happier than he had felt for a while now. He looked over his shoulder towards the young man behind him. "Oh yes. Meet my new acquaintance that I bumped into in an alleyway. Say hello, Mr. . . . I believe I haven't heard your name yet."

"Sigebert . . . Alebardus Sr.," wheezed the man, breath and body reeking of Eau du Pali, Pali's concocted perfume.

"Hoo, that's a mouthful, as well as a lie of a last name. I'm impressed your thick tongue can handle such a nom de plume. Let's go with Sieg for you," he continued, not even bothering with the thought of Sieg being a father. He turned back to Arun. "Are you alone in your travels?"

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, taking the driver's seat once again for Carriage 2 -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Elrandir Elrandir

Daruk, after feeling oddly silent and not all too talkative anymore, had finished his packing everything away into sacks and hoped for the best. There was no way to keep all of the venison safe and secure from the deer he scored, but if he had the chance to do so he could probably create a makeshift smokehouse to keep it nice and warm and stave off decay. No, that would take too long to create, and the carriage really could not carry much more weight. He wondered if he should ask Nero to help freeze the meat so that it would stay fresher longer, but she was in the other carriage.

If only I can use water magic. Gah! he thought to himself. Don't want any of this to go to waste.

Once he approached the carriage, a smile finally flickered onto his face. Henry and Mia had entered the carriage, alongside Yael, that weird little trickster that fooled even him with his animal act! This time he could show off to all of them his driving skills as they went from here to wherever. That would be perfect!

Bringing his meat and belongings to the front with him, the former squelching as it hit the plank flooring, he next propped himself up onto the front of the carriage.

"Gwa ha! Last call before the train is leaving! Any takers? Hey! Gerik! You comin'? I'll make room if you want to sit up front with me!" he called out uproariously, waving over the side of the carriage to the fellow maester.

- Jari Coriander and Ychera Vencii, Somnum Court, resting in the cathedral after an exhausting event -

While Jari slipped in and out of consciousness, Ychera watched over him as an out-of-body presence with folded arms, a frown on her lips. This young boy had much spirit and a lot of attachments to the realm of the living, two reasons which helped aid him cling to his life and prevent a complete takeover. However, perhaps it was for the best. By releasing control back to him, she had managed to recover much of her power. That was something she likely would have where others could not, though she did not have enough information to say that this was true or not.

"He is so like I was, long ago. Different world, different culture, different everything . . . but he is much like me. Perhaps that is the reason? That we are so alike? That we have . . . or had the same goals, that we are a rare and bad match?"

She watched his chest rise and fall from beneath the blankets, face twinging from nightmares. A hand grasped at the quilt and would not let go; the other kept a firm grip on Kagura's present.

"Perhaps it is so, but perhaps that is a weakness I can use. If he falls in line with my life so perfectly, he would relinquish and fitting into his shoes would be easy. My dear protege, you will grow strong, you will grow to be like I was, and you will come to realise that what people truly want is not what comes out of their mouths. Once that is broken in, then I will take over your frail form and build my own body. Until then, you will stay alive, and I will be your teacher."

Jari felt a shudder, awakened, and looked around. He could hear nothing but the whistling wind through the window, see nothing but the shades of the fluttering curtains. Getting up, he closed the window shut, fully unfurled the curtains anew, and went back to bed shivering. Ychera watched all the while, her expression was that of concentration, and all of her invisible to the human eye, especially Jari's.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita River Camp -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136

While everyone was deciding on which carriage they would take, Nero reminded silent and still, she was there, but her mind was somewhere else.

"This new threat appeared out of nowhere. Maestra Nosferi and the Itika issue, the Automaton attack in Sanctus Heights, and now this? This is too much of a coincidence."
. . . .
"I need answers. I cannot fight something I do not have any knowledge about."
. . . .
"This has the potential to affect all of Regalia! If all of this is related then more people will die if we don't act."
. . . . Itika . . . .
"Itika?"
. . . . Consume . . . .
"What? We cannot consume Itika, we shouldn't even use it. Itika could be used for good,in theory, but it also has the potential to be used for great evil."
. . . . Beware . . . .
"Of what? Who is behind all of this?"
. . . . Beware . . . .
"Answer me!"
. . . .

Nero regained her focus and listened to the words spoken between Mabel and Gerik. She was proud that the young Priestess was making choices and standing by them. She could agree with Gerik's opinion that keeping the group together was better because they could face together whatever might come, but splitting the party also offered some advantage, confusing the enemy, for example.

"Both options have their own pros and cons, Maester Lockford, I think everyone here can understand that. This plan has a has a 50-50 chance, but if they do not know where the priestess is, then we, at least, will be able to cause some confusion," Nero said to Gerik, "if this Invidia does possess prophetic abilities then no matter what we do, they will know where their target is. But if that is the case then why did they showed up in Sancus Heights and not here? There is no correct choice today, but if the High Priestess feels that splitting the group is the better option then those of us who travel with her will make sure to keep her out of harm's reach. To the group going to Aeternalis, keep your eyes open, remember that we are being followed and that danger can appear out of nowhere. Maester Lockford, Maester Daruk, everyone, be careful and stay safe."

The Maestra put her hand on her chest and gave the other two Maesters a small bow before following the High Priestess to the carriage. On the way she could noticed the hesitation to help the Heir of Vivifica, opting for a simple "Come." before continuing on her way into the carriage. Nero stopped and crouched in front of Jynn, holding his arm.

"The coming days will be hard and frustrating with your new situation, Mister Venas. Your life has changed, it will be hard, but never give up." Nero said as she helped Jynn to stand up, "Now come. It's time for us to leave for Vita City."

It took a moment, but Nero helped Jynn get into the carriage before going inside too. Once inside she noticed that Arkane's pet had come back, and she petted him before taking a seat next to the High Priestess, her eyes focusing on Arkane.

"Not many might have noticed, but you should be careful, Mister Gravemore. Lady Mia is still one of the elders, after all. Some might find such actions disrespectful," Nero said with a small smile and a glint of amusement in her eyes, "others might find it funny.

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Diane had been reading some of the files, but finding nothing important or any hint for the safe code. With a sigh she put the papers back in the envelopes and then back in the safe before Vincent closed it.

"You don't have to worry, Elia, your secret will stay that, a secret. Your family must have their reasons for wanting to keep your abilities under wraps," Diane said calmly as she looked at Elia, "but just as Vlad said, this should be your choice. The life of a mage is a double edge blade, it can be a very fulfilling life, but it can cause you lots of pain along the way. The life of an unaffiliated mage is even more stressful. You have to spend your time lying to others, watching over your back, keep your abilities a secret. It's though, but it must be your choice in the end."

The pale woman noticed that Mako was having some progress with the safe, and so she walked closer to take a look.

"Is it done? What did you find?" Diane asked.

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Thanny Thanny

Incarose followed those who had agreed to look for the blue haired man, this was a task easier said that done.

"I don't think I've seen a lot of people with that particular hair colour," Incarose said as she looked around the streets, "I think Maestra Nero is among the those."

She turned around and noticed that the others were further down the road and so she ran to catch up with them. She quickly saw Arun speaking with another man and his . . . servant?

"Sorry about that Arun, focused too much looking for our friend among the crowd," Incarose said vaguely, not really recognizing Pali, "Oh, um. . . sorry to interrupt. Incarose Vassar, newest member of the Court of Ignis. Maybe. Probably."

As she introduced herself to Pali, she noticed a couple, both with blue hair, on the corner of her eye.

"Isn't that our friend, Arun?" she said calmly, "I might be making a mistake since I can't see his face, nor that of his companion."

- The previous night -

It was past midnight in Santcus Heights, barely any people on the streets, except some guards and the occasional person who had finished their work late, or those working on repairing the city. It had been a couple of days since the automaton had come to life and much of the Central Square District had been burned to cinders. Many were affected, others were offered help, and then there were those who didn't really cared about those who had lost everything, even family. Those who wanted to make a profit of a tragedy walked the streets, putting on a friendly face, only to stab the people in the back. Justice was not something they feared, for they had the gold to make anyone turn a blind eye.

One such individual was currently running through the streets and alleys of the city. Those who saw him said that he looked quite distressed and fearful. But he was one of the elite, the untouchable, and could get away from anything while having the right connections. Or so he tought. Why was he running? Why did he looked so scared? No one really knew the answer.

One wrong turn was all it took. A dead end. No way out. He was breathing quickly for all the running he had done, and once he turned around, putting his back against the wall, no one was waiting for him at the entrance of the alley. No one.

"What do you want from me!? Gold!? I can give you gold! Just leave me alone!" he said.

Words meant for someone who wasn't there. No sound other than the breathing of the young man.

"Please! I did nothing wrong!" the man yelled.

One blink was all it took for a figure to appear just outside the alley.

"Nothing wrong, you say?

Blink. Gone.

"Where are you!?"

Blink

"I'm always close."

Standing on a set of stairs. Blink. Now gone.

"I beg of you! It was not my fault!"

Blink. Walking towards him. Blink. And gone again.

"You took what little they had. I will take all you got. Justice will be served. Criminals will be punished. You were their end."

"No, please! I'll give everything back!"

The young man failed to notice the pair of arms coming out from the wall behind him, both holding daggers, both slowly moving closer and closer to his throat.
"I'll even give some of my-"

Wide eyes and the taste of blood. Hands moving to his throat, getting tainted in warm red. No more screams, just sliding down the wall as a figure came out of the wall. A female figure in a black cloak.

"Now I will be yours."

The young man could hear footsteps in the distance, someone was coming to help him. His vision was getting blurry as the figure stood in front of him, never turning around to look at him. He swore that the figure was slowly sinking into the ground, as if she was being eaten by the ground itself. He barely saw when a group of officers arrived in the alley, only for the figure to raise one finger to her lips.

"Shhh"

And just like that, the figure disappeared, and the young man finally lost what little consciousness he had left, never to wake up again. And tales of a murder wraith began to slowly spread.

–The Divided Caravan–
Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Once the mages returned to their carriages and decided whom they would travel with, the horses carted them off, following the same path for a good portion of an hour, before they went their separate ways. The carriage holding Lady Mia and the false priestess would head in the direction of Aeternalis, while the other would be in bound for Vita City. Both parties promised to meet one another once they reached the heart of the Vivifica Forest, but that was a good day and a half away from the present. They wished the gods' blessings on one another.

–Vita City–
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas
(Mabel, Jynn, Arkane, Nero, Eclaire, Fyenne, and Eleanor)

Their carriage rolled into the city at midday, encountering quite the line of similar carriages awaiting entry past the gates. Security was stopping every carriage at the entryway to Vita City, asking all passengers to get out so that they could ensure that they weren't smuggling Itika or street drugs. Some carriages were casually parked and discarded along the outskirts of the city, people deciding that the line wasn't worth it and that they would simply enter the city on foot. This didn't seem the faze the security officers, as they allowed people to pass by left, right, and sideways. Even with their horses in tow!

"It seems like we could be here a while," Mabel murmured, peering out the window at the long line of carriages ahead of theirs. "Perhaps we should leave the carriage off to the side and bring only our horses in? It seems that is what others are doing."

Inside the city it was broken up into twelve districts. Vita City housed the rich, the poor, and the impoverished. Unlike Sanctus Heights, beggars could be seen around every corner, performers littering the streets in hopes of making a coin to feed themselves and their families. There were stores and community centers aplenty, some districts holding more upscale shopping, whereas other places were, by far, more worn down. There was a specific district that was considered "The Slums," where ne'er-do-wells would notoriously congregate to conduct swaps, shady business, and in general commit crime. Even the law enforcement didn't like to travel to the slums due to its reputation. The city was massive, housing roughly 4 million individuals. However, around every block there were many inns and high-end resorts. Vita City was known for its flock of tourists, and thus there were many more people traversing the streets of Vita City than what actually lived there.

Once out of your carriage, no one will suspect you, nor look at you twice at being a court mage. You will see plenty of court mages, unaffiliated mages, common folk, and shady characters alike. You will all fit in quite well here, so long as no one makes a grand scene or proclaims anything that would attract the public's eye.

–Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Thanny Thanny
(Lady Mia, Makoto, Henry, Yael, Mellark, Daruk, Gerik, Micah, and Laguna)

Immediately the people of Aeternalis paused what they were doing to watch as your carriage rolls in. There is no where specific to park your carriage, though shortly after entering the small city you would find a stable, which would be good to have your horses rest at. Aeternalis is rather small, housing about 10,000 people, and everyone is immediately curious about you. One man recognizes Daruk, the driver, as the maester of Ignis, bowing and loudly proclaiming, "Ah, it is the noble maester of the Ignis Court!" This made about a dozen individuals swarm around the carriage, bowing and offering to help you and your group. They offer food, lodging, and just an extra hand to transport your luggage. Yes, they indeed make you feel like honored guests–and you are, but you have certainly attracted the public eye on you, just by arriving in town!

"What brings you all to our humble city?" one elderly man, the one which initially greeted Daruk, asked, looking at Henry as he spoke. Something odd kindled in his eye, as though he recognized the young heir, though said nothing further.

------
(Back at the river)
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Thanny Thanny

For a long moment Mia just stared at Yael, as though what he were asking was either obvious or ludicrous. "Why, the priestess is divinely chosen!" was her response. "We watch for the signs, and when we see them we know that the next high priestess has been selected. We go up to inform the fortunate family that their daughter is the beacon of light chosen to guide Regalia, and from a young age she is brought under the teachings of the elders, guided to become the conduit between our world and the Next."

She didn't elaborate on what she meant, and she was thankful she didn't have to when Henry arrived. She offered him a sweet smile, as though grateful for his kind words. "I am guessing my old friend is going to take the driver's seat. He's always had a way with animals, and directing them if he can't ride them specifically."

Rearranging herself, Mia scooted over to allow more room as more mages filed in. "If we run out of space I will join Daruk up front, but I'd rather sit in with you young'ins and hear about modern day drama and what it is like to live a life in your twenties these days."

Remy watched as Isabelle withdrew and found herself a seat, expression queer and unreadable. "Well, to me it sounds like the Cinques are a bunch of stuck-up jerks, for lack of a better word," he said. "You're better off without them. You're a good person, Bambi. We may not have traveled with each other long, but I can tell that you have a good heart. You're not like them."

Who "them" was had been unclear. Perhaps he was still referring to the Cinques, or Umbra, or mage courts as a whole. He extended his hand, a smile on his face. "And so what if they found out who you are? If they try to take you, we won't let them. I've seen that Ronin dude–he's good at stabbing people where it hurts." A rueful laugh escaped him, his hand reaching toward his stomach where Ronin had tried to kill him only days before. "C'mon, we're going to be late. I'm sure Eden and Ronin are probably halfway out the gate of Vita City by now."

He tried to reassure her, though he wasn't sure if his words were really what she wanted to hear. Sometimes he felt that he sucked at trying to open up to people.

–Sanctus Heights–

"Hmm." Kolm picked up the note, rereading it a few times before placing it back down. He'd always been taught that it was bad manners to read letters or notes that were unintended for him, but it had been laid out in a way that he couldn't help giving it a closer look. He glanced around the infirmary nervously. He didn't think it would be taken well that their patient simply "left" without getting checked out, but it wasn't his place to say. The raven-haired man let out a sigh, gingerly placing the note back where he'd found it and traipsing out the door.

He should've just joined the others, and he'd fully intended to, but oddly he found his feet leading him elsewhere. Before he knew it he found himself striding out on the training grounds, and there was Aquilla–as she'd promised.

"If the doctors find you this close to the cathedral I'd say there's a good chance they may just pluck you from the field and plop you right back on your bed," he voiced, stopping about six yards from her. He eyed the fire that she was conjuring, seeming mesmerized for a moment before continuing. "You look well, though. I am glad. It is good to see that you've made such a full recovery after the incident."

He reached into his coat pocket for a rather ornate silver watch, giving it a sideways glance before dropping it back in his pocket. "Anyhow, your court has recruited me to help search for this auspicious 'blue-haired man.' Personally, I think Mister Roshan is taking this matter a bit too . . . extreme, but I've opted to help. I was just kind of coming to see if you wanted to tag along before they all left."

Why did he feel so nervous around her? What were these odd flutterings in his chest whenever he was around Aquilla? He couldn't quite describe it, and whenever he felt it he tried to shove it away, out of mind . . . . Emotions were dangerous.

"That is, if you want to."

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir

Meanwhile, in Central Square, the blue-haired couple's smiles would turn to horror as they watched Pali walk up to the other mages, his newfound pet in tow. The Eau de Pali couldn't fool them. Their pace quickened slightly as they turned the corner, not looking back even once as they left. People otherwise paid them no attention, and no blue-haired man was in sight. Yet. They likely would have to dig deeper through the city, but where would they start, with so many possibilities?

–Da train, arriving in Vita City–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Vaike, still seated, considered Arno's question with a raise of his brow. "We were partners, the seven seers and Tenebris. The Tenebris Court presided over Regalia, while we served them hand and foot. Some of us were secretaries, others saw to affairs in distant regions of Regalia. I myself was the treasurer. We shared a close bond over the span of many years, and it was painful to see what they were–and ultimately what they became.

"But back to your question, there were always fifteen members of the Tenebris Court at any given time. If one passed away or retired, they would elect someone else to take their place. The maester of Tenebris was perhaps the youngest member, by the name of Caelum Noirtier. He became maester only a few days after his twenty-third birthday, and yet he held the position well. What he lacked in experience he made up for in power. But there were the others.

"His cousin, Amon, who I believe was related on his mother's side. His aunt's son, if I remember. They shared an interesting bond, and sometimes I think he only wanted Amon in the court was to keep him out of trouble. And then there was Phaedra, her justice presiding over the land. Ychera, with her stunning youth and ability to turn back the clock, and I will never forget Nadir, who was both silent and yet perhaps the most focused of the entire court."

Vaike opened his mouth to continue, until the train began to slow. He yawned, letting out a stretch before rising from his seat. "Well, we must continue this story at a later date. It looks like we have finally arrived."

He reached above their hands to grab both Arno and Gabriel's luggage for them, waiting for them to accept it before moving forward and out of the train car.

-----

Meanwhile, Tibarn chuckled at Saffron's words. "Oh, yeah, that's right; I'd almost forgotten that you were once a court mage. No wonder you can perform all of those fancy tricks with your wrists and a few words."

At the mention of his partner in crime, Tibarn merely shrugged his shoulders, kicking out at an invisible pebble to distract himself. "It's good to thank people, but don't thank Arno too awful much. Don't want his head swelling too big, or Gabriel and I might have trouble getting him out of taverns when a bar fight breaks out."

It was the subject of himself that made Tibarn fall silent, his gaze shifting immediately toward the door before settling back on Saffron. An innocent question, and yet Tibarn looked like a wild animal trapped in a rather small cage when she'd asked it. "Well . . . yeah, it's 'cause I don't like bringing it up a whole lot." He folded his arms along the railing, looking out as the train began to slow, and yet they had just enough speed to whip their hair around their faces.

"I'm no mage," he said finally, reluctantly. "I'm just your ordinary, friendly neighborhood bounty hunter, with the only tricks up my sleeve being my wit and my gun blades. My family's not from around here; they herald from the canyons surrounding the Umbra court, but they're not mages either, nor are they my birth family. I don't know my real parents."

He was half-surprised that he was telling Saffron all of this. Seldom did he ever tell anyone about his origins. He supposed he just felt comfortable with her, or perhaps it was the way that she'd asked.

Before long Vaike passed through, likely with Gabriel and Arno in tow. "Ah, there you guys are. Good." He nodded, offering their luggage to the both of them. "As I'm sure you've noticed, we've arrived, so we best get moving."

If Mako retrieved all of the contents of the safe, they would find an old leather-bound book. It was from the Sanctus Heights' library, according to the label taped along its spine, its pages worn and discolored. In it were many types of spells, hexes, and sigils. There was a strong possibility that the crest used to bring a soul into the automaton was within the book.

At the sight of the book Elia's eyes widened, though she said nothing, and if they weren't watching her face they wouldn't missed her reaction.

The other contents were a folder, apparently detailing the automaton incident. There was a date and time, as well as information dating back before the incident. There were hand-written reports from eyewitnesses, recording all of the visitors that had come to the automaton the day prior, that they could account. In each report a small dark-haired girl was mentioned studying the automaton, with a timestamp of anywhere between 8 PM and 10 PM. In addition, there was a plastic bag containing a necklace. It was silver, with a round pendant with what appeared to be a moon and a fairy.

9a0170c3a2237fa3.jpg

It appeared to be dirty, with one of the rhinestones missing along the crescent moon. Elia leapt up from her seat as the others would be investigating. "My necklace!" she cried out, reaching a hand toward it if the others would surrender it.

There was also another book, one concerning the history of Regalia. It started out as every history book, with nothing significant . . . or at least to the naked eye.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita City entrance-
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Xion136 Xion136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The journey to Vita City was calm, nothing bad happened along the way, Nero made sure to keep her eyes open at all times. The carriage arrived at Vita City at midday, according to her pocket watch. There was a line of carriages awaiting entry, this could prove to take quite some time.

"I think leaving the carriage is the best option, unless we wish to wait for a few hours until we are allowed to enter the city," Nero said as she looked outside, "make sure that you have all of your belongings with you. And remember, stay vigilant."

Nero was the first to get out of the carriage, looking towards the city before looking at the driver.

"It has been decided that we should leave the carriage here and that we will take the horses. Please, unfasten them and get them ready to ride, we shall take them into the city and we will return once we are ready to leave for the Vivifica court," she said to the driver, "sorry for the troubles. You will be compensated accordingly."

As the driver pulled the carriage to the side and worked on getting the horses ready, Nero made sure no one was paying attention to them. Within a few minutes time, the four horses were ready. Each horse could hold 2 people, while one could ride alone.

"I think it is the best choice that you ride with Mister Venas," Nero said as she looked at Mabel, "I am sure that him and his horse have a good relationship, and you could also help him by telling them where to steer. The rest of you can pick who to ride with, once that is done, we shall look for a place to stay for the night. After that? I suppose we can go sightseeing for the rest of the day. We can gather some supplies for the journey ahead."

Once the arrangements were decided, Nero took her horse into the city, followed by the rest of the mages and the disguised high priestess. Watching the state of the city felt weird, well-groomed people walked on the streets, some not so well-groomed too, and many who obviously were poorer. This was something that bothered the Maestra, the difference between those who had everything and those who had nothing. But such was the state of the world. She watched one young blue-haired girl, her clothes not in the best of states, attempting to put on a show trying to juggle some rubber balls. It was not going well, and barely anyone looked at the poor girl, a hat rested on the floor devoid of any coin. She got off the horse and walked towards the little girl.

"What is you name?" Nero asked.

No response.

"My name is Thea," she said with a smile.

Again. No response.

"I see that you are trying your best, keep practicing and you will do even better."

The girl nodded slightly.

"Here, this is for you. Keep working hard and I'm sure your efforts will be rewarded accordingly."

The Maestra put a fistful of gold coins on the hat, making the eyes of the young girl go wide. She stood there, a shocked expression on her face before she gave Nero a hug, a hug that laster a few long seconds. She then took a step back and offered her hand to the Maestra. She was about the take her hand for a handshake, but before she could react, a flower made of ice formed on the girl's hand. Nero took it, a hint of surprise on her face.

"I see. This is impressive. You have great talent," she said calmly, "do your best, alright? We might see each other again."

The girl tilted her head in confusion, but Nero already walked back and mounted the horse, resuming their path.

"Any opinion on where should we stay, everyone? Should we go to the "rich" district to look for an inn? Or a more modest one would be preferable? I am fine with either option."

Diane took great interest in the leather-bound book the second it was out of the safe, and was completely oblivious to Elia's reaction. This was from the Sanctus Heights' Library. It was old, its pages worn and discoloured. Why would the Lieutenant had this book on his possession if he was not a mage, and Elia did not know it was inside. Looking through it she saw many different types of spells, some good, some harmful, hexes and sigils were there too. After flipping through the pages for a couple of minutes, she saw once familiar crest.

"It's here. The crest used on the automaton is here," Diane said flatly.

The pale woman looked up once Elia cried out for a necklace, one that apparently belonged to her. Why would her necklace be inside the safe rather that she having it with her? Did she lost it and the Lieutenant was going to give it back? Or was there another reason.

"Did you lost you necklace at some point in the past few days, Elia?" Diane asked the young mage.

(Will make a post for Rose once others respond for that scenario)

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vita City

Jynn manages to climb out of the carriage, and hears maestra Nero’s suggestion. Thankfully, the driver has already untacked Mel, making it less of a struggle for the blind mage. He takes his horse and faces Mabel’s direction. “Alright. Climb aboard.” He lifts Mabel onto the special side saddle fitted on Mel. It made the seat less awkward for her due to her new attire. Jynn also takes note of Nero’s interaction with a random child. Though he couldn’t see what was happening, but he heard the clinking of gold falling. The maestra clearly performed a heartwarming act.

Jynn commented about Nero’s suggestion about inns. “I think it would be wise if we chose something modest. If the man we spoke of earlier is in fact here, he’d probably assume we would take the rich inn.”

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City -
Arkane looked out the window, narrowing his eyes. "I do not like this kind of city." He muttered. Crowded? Busy? Everyone pushing everyone? No thank you. "To separate from each other will not be wise." The fact that the line was long was a problem in itself. But, they needed to rest in the city in order to continue their journey. He glanced up at Nero. "Well, it seems it will be left up to the vote of majority among us." He admitted, gesturing. "Should we wait in the line, or should we step out of the carriage? Should we leave the carriage I am sure I can summon a few things to allow us to ride the rest of our journey. We could of course, remain and wait for the inspection...but we will be here for a while." He tilted his head. "Unless we leave someone behind to take care of the carriage and make sure that it gets in while we go ahead inside." His eyes turned to Mabel. "This city is less safer than Sanctus Heights. Do not stray away from Jynn, or any of us, Mabel." He sounded genuinely concerned at the warning. However, he offered some encouragements. "If we find a place to rest for the night before nightfall, we can explore the markets for a while."

Once it was decided that they should step out of the carriage, Arkane would look down at his pet. "Off you go." He whispered, and the dog would disappear into the pocket dimension. Arkane moved his items to the inside of his robes as to hide them from sight. "Stay close, Mabel." He mused, following behind after Nero. He would choose to ride the horse alone, leaving a horse for Eclaire and Fylenee. He would climb into the horse, and deciding that he would stick close to Jynn and Mabel just in case. "I think going around sightseeing and getting supplies would be most beneficial." He admitted. They entered the city, and it was as odd as one could expect. Beggars on the streets, performers showing off, people walking by and ignoring everything and everyone. "Do not stare for too long, Mabel. Keep your grievances for yourself." He reassured. Although, part of him wondered if this place served as a very damn good source of bodies. He watched as Nero went ahead and pitied one of the performers, a young girl at that. He merely sighed. Now here he hoped that this did not bring attention to them and had people chasing after them for fistful of gold as well. So much for a set example. "I agree on Jynn's statement of a modest inn. Something right in the middle. I am sure there must be a decent one around if we look." Some place that was decent, with decent people. That was bound to exist here...somewhere.

- Yael - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis City -
Yael would glance at Henry was he was warned to not tease the Elder. His eyes softened, merely looking away and out the window. "I am merely asking questions. Some that should be relatively easy to answer!" Yael insisted. He just needed to focus on the task. The last time he dreamnt...the sun had long been eclipsed. Regardless, he smiled at the old woman. "Oh such an event must be rather magical in itself. I wish I could witness such decision myself. Such must be a hard decision on the parents, too." He mused, glancing away and out the window. To give up a child...something told Yael he knew that all too well.

Yael looked up as people recognized the maester of Ignis, and soon enough they flocked the carriage like flies to honey. He chuckled, aboslutely amused at the way they reacted. He could not help himself. He proceeded to crawl out the window, right onto the roof as he proceeded to smile at the group. "Oh you think that guy is cool? Check this out!" He then shapeshifted, a cloud of smoke gathering around him. From the smoke, a black furred tiger with purple stripes would show, letting out a small roar as it stretched and showed off. Once again he shapeshifted, this time transforming into a black furred lynx, chirping and showing off to the crowds.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office -
While Diane found interest in the leather-bound book, Vincent picked up the report, opening it up and reading down. "Does it say what kind of crest it is?" He asked, looking back at Diane and then back at the report. He would listen to Elia's response to the fact that it was her necklace. His attention remained on the report, eyes landing on the one where there was a visitor, a girl with short black hair inspecting the automaton. "Elia. You did mention that you have a sister, did you not?" He asked. "Now, here are reports of a young woman with short black hair that was noted to be inspecting the automaton. Of course it could be anyone in this city. But seeing that is your necklace..." He looked back at Elia, and the expression was tired and full of disappointment to a point. "Now you either are pulling us along in circles and you do know something, or we should bring your sister into this as well."

- Arun - Ignis Court - Searching in Sanctus Heights -
Arun would be looking around, seemingly distracted. Then again, he was looking for a hair of blue in a city of people. Such would not be easy. His attention turned back to the Umbra mage that came to greet him. He paused and turned to face him, nodding eagerly. "Yes." He admitted, looking at his companion before returning his attention to Pali. "I am with Incarose." He admitted, gesturing to her just a few feet as she caught up. Even though he was looking for the ones in blue, he was still mentally distracted...there was just something that kept bothering him that he could not bring himself to narrow down. He shook his head and loked at Pali. "We have an entire city to explore but that in itself causes a problem." He admitted, playing with his fingers. He tried to wreck his brain with an idea. "I was taught the arts of sensing people via movement by the ground. But I cannot see colors that way. It would be useless in this situation." He admitted, looking over at Pali. "Pali, you are of Umbra court, is there a way that you can aid us in finding them? Send eyes to search the streets? Or maybe there can be a way for us to separate and communicate with each other should we find them?" He asked.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, with Arun and Incarose in search of the blue-haired man -

Pali smiled and bowed stiffly as Incarose greeted him, replying, "Charmed, miss. I saw them as well and am unsure of their status as the wanted person, but I have marked them with my eye's gaze just in case." He turned back toward Arun. "That is a marvelous gift you have, though with my ability and yours seeing colours will not only be possible, but heightened also. If I may."

He paused for a brief moment, raising a hand and whispering a rhyme he felt quite proud of. If Arun tested his power now, he would be able to see through the ground in shades of grey and blue, if the power worked in the way that he thought it did, anyways.

"There, you should find it easier to search for this blue-haired individual now. Try seeking out those that walked away from us that way. There should be two. In the meantime, I do have other eyes than my own. Visually linking is a challenge with more, but anything less than six is child's play. Aperti oculis me."

Eyes appeared beneath his robes, a combination of illusion magic and wishful thinking as they levitated free from his clothing and floated off with stalks trailing behind them. They travelled higher and higher, above the view of the common eye, and spread out so that he had multiple overhead viewpoints of the surrounding area.

"I keep forgetting how populous this city is," he mumbled beneath his breath. "It is hard to concentrate on any lone person."

Saffron
She turns as her other party members approached And took the bag offered to her inside was surely her rifle. Figuring she should address the rest of the conversation later, Saff simply turned and placed a hand on Tibarn’s Shoulder. “Lets continue this later. Ok? Besides, magic is an overrated nuisance that you are required to get under control anyway. Kinda like High Powered Explosives.” She added before turning around and hopping off the train with the others. Immediatly she let out a sigh before muttering to herself. “I thought I wanted to get away from Vivifica... not go back...”

Issabelle
The bloodmage paused for a moment after listening to Remy. “Wait... you said my family sounded like jerks... what brought you to that assumption? What do you think they do to deserve such a title?” She seemed almost desperately curious.

Her eyes even seemed to plead for that answer, if Remy looked close enough, although she may also be subconsciously be trying to avoid the horse situation. She could see it in their dark beady eyes, the ambition of something that hates her scent. She’d seen it before, flashes of memories entered her mind. Dead Ravens at the bottoms of bird cages, their blood mangled out of them in various ways. She could almost feel the tears from her childhood...Almost.

Aquilla
A incredibly nervous laugh escaped Aquilla’s lips. “Then maybe I should’nt have left a note. I just wanted to get a head start. It almost feels like I have no time for practice this past week. All bussiness no play for Ignis” she says as she moves her hand and sword away from the flame. The palm of her hand seemed slightly singed. She felt her hand for a bit before simply sheething her sword and walking over to a sizable bucket of water left out for those training. Dunking her hand into it as she looked back to Kolm. “Ill happily join you. Just give me a moment to grab my wrist guard from my room.”

Aquilla then stands as she grips her palm a bit tightly. “Ill meet you In front of the cathedral.” Aquilla then hurriedly made her way to her room, her cheeks reddened as she beleived she made a bit of a fool of herself, getting injured so soon after escaping the infirmary. She slid her gloves on and strapped her armored guard onto her burned hand. Afterwards she would pocket her lighter and grab A small pouch of coin before heading to the front of the cathedral. Her blade still at her hip.

Quinn
As dust continued to be kicked up behind her, Quinn found herself lost in thought. “what does it mean to be a Lawrence? Who were they even? Just mages... or did they hold importance. Did they run from something? If they did why leave me behind?” Her faded memories were simply leaving her with the silhouettes of two figures. A tall man with a kind shape, he seemed like he might be strong, Or just big boned, it was hard to tell and a pixie of a woman who seemed to radiate a light green aura. “They weren’t Vivifica mages... I checked the records... maybe just a peek at the other registers of the courts couldn’t hurt...” her hand shifted and the stone slab drifted to the left, dodging a few trees. “I doubt Aislinn would mind. She just better be there when I get back... maybe I should grab a gift while in Sanctus Heights.” She smiled for a faint moment, but only a moment.

Last edited:
–Vita City–
Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

"I would be happy to help, Maestra!" The coachmen leapt from the driver's seat and gave Nero a bow. He was probably no older than sixteen, seeming either oblivious of the dangers that their journey had presented, or was merely so passionate about serving the priestess and court mages that he didn't care. "Worry not about the carriage; I shall wait with it while you go off and explore what the city has to offer."

Mabel couldn't suppress the grin from her face as she got ready to climb out of the carriage, adorned in the cutest dress she'd ever worn, with some of her favorite companions. And best yet: no one knew that she was the high priestess, and thus wasn't held to the same set of standards, for once. No, for once she was free–not even Lady Mia was there to say anything or try to stop her. Initially she felt a bit overwhelmed when Arkane made several suggestions, such as staying near them and expressing the dangers of Vita City. Eventually she chuckled, placing her hands at her sides before turning around to face Arkane.

"Relax, Arkane! With all of these people around, no one would try to do anything bad to us anyway!" With that entirely naive proclamation, she leapt out of the carriage, falling alongside Jynn, on instinct grabbing his hand. For once she didn't even feel concerned about being in such a close proximity to Jynn in public. She grasped his hand tightly once they were both on Melstrome. "I can direct Mel, if you'd like." She smiled with her touch, slightly leaning back against him. "Now that I know how, thanks to a certain mage."

She did feel slightly sheepish when Arkane approached. Would he judge her? Probably not, especially since he was the one who encouraged her to follow her own heart. She also felt that Arkane was not only an Umbra mage escorting her, but also her friend. She could trust him, even with her forbidden relationship with Jynn . . . couldn't she?

They had hardly been in the city for over an hour, and already Mabel was having a blast. She saw a man playing bagpipes on a corner, where crowds would throw him coins for his performances, and another rather ugly man berating someone else for something. The situation perplexed Mabel so greatly that she hadn't realized that she'd been staring, until Arkane had kindly snapped her out of her daze and warned her not to stare.

"Right, sorry . . . where are my manners?"

Upon the talk of where to stay, Mabel threw her own two cents into the ring. "We could do something very unexpected and stay in the slums. I'm sure no one would be looking for us there." Little did Mabel know what the slums actually "were", and what set of dangers that alone would pose on the party.

"So . . . . " She turned to Jynn, with a wide smile on her face. "You were going to show me some kind of food thing, right? Something that they only offer here? Know where we can get something? I don't know about the rest of you, but Mia's fish was a bit unsettling to me."

–Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Thanny Thanny

Yael had been the first to respond to the crowd's interest and inquiries. Upon his transformation some gasped, while a middle-aged woman shrieked and dragged her son away from the tiger. Her son, perhaps no older than seven, was more curious than afraid, though seemed decidedly more hesitant after witnessing his mother's reaction.

"Is he going to eat us, Mommy?" he asked her, to which the woman cried out: "YES, HE IS, TIMMY! YES, HE IS!" while protectively holding her son against her chest.

The crowd seemed a bit less frightened upon Yael's next transformation. The cries of fear silenced, as more sounds of admiration escaped them. A few even started clapping at Yael's performance, as though this were the best form of entertainment ever to hit Aeternalis.

And for the small town that they were, perhaps it was.

"Well done, lad! That is quite the intriguing magic, if I may say so," the elderly man commented, before turning to the rest, shaking Daruk's hand violently as he did so. "Anyhow, I am sure that you are all weary from your travels. Please, allow me to lead you to a place where you can rest and wash up. The banquet in your honor shall begin shortly."

The building that they were led to was rather large, in the style of a saloon where a lounge and bar were present. On the second floor there would be about eight washrooms, each outfitted with baths in case they desired to freshen up after their days on the road. The third floor also held a handful of rooms. While there wouldn't be enough for each person, they were at least comfortable, and each room was equipped with a wardrobe (empty), a desk, and two queen-sized beds.

"If any of you need anything else," the elder wheezed, "you need only ask and you shall receive."

–Sanctus Heights–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Elrandir Elrandir

A slight laugh escaped Kolm as Aquilla complained about all work and no play for Ignis. "But I thought that was just the life of a court mage for you?" he jibed, though he meant it good-naturedly. He'd heard that mage courts were strict, by the book, and dutiful–always filled with work and endless amounts of tasks. He was genuinely glad that the Ignis Mage was doing well, and even more gladdened that she would be accompanying them.

"I shall tell the others, then." He offered her a warm smile before retreating, not noticing the color rise in her cheeks as she left.

------

He found the others not too far from the cathedral, out in front of the square. Kolm gave the corpse of the automaton a slight frown, before focusing on Pali and the others. He'd never met this other man, or at least not that he could recall, but he felt that he might've seen him at the meeting. There were so many new faces and he'd been having difficulty remembering them all.

"Sorry for interrupting," he murmured, carefully avoiding Pali's gaze as he looked intently upon Arun, as though he were his superior in this particular case. "But Aquilla says that she will be joining us momentarily. Perhaps we can wait for her before splitting up to do a search?"

He shot a curious gaze toward the stalks that had remained from Pali's spell, though didn't comment on them.

More mage business for me to learn, he thought as he shook his head.

–Vita City– Train Station
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Tibarn gave Saff a slight nod, relieved that she wasn't about to unveil everything they'd discussed about his life story in front of the others. While Arno was likely to have heard it all before, he didn't much feel like bringing it up yet again, especially with Vaike nearby.

As they were leaving he'd caught wind of Saff mutter something, but wasn't quite sure what. He'd heard the words "Vivifica" and "back," but what she meant was uncertain to him.

"Say, what's that, Saff?" he inquired, curious as to what seemed to trouble her.

Their trip off the train would be uneventful, only to be greeted by a very bustling train station that was, needless to say, wall-to-wall people. They would be hard-pressed just navigating around everyone, much less walking all in a line. They would certainly have to go single-file. Outside of the train station was the tourist-attraction that was Vita City.

The city was broken up into twelve districts. Vita City housed the rich, the poor, and the impoverished. Unlike Sanctus Heights, beggars could be seen around every corner, performers littering the streets in hopes of making a coin to feed themselves and their families. There were stores and community centers aplenty, some districts holding more upscale shopping, whereas other places were, by far, more worn down. There was a specific district that was considered "The Slums," where ne'er-do-wells would notoriously congregate to conduct swaps, shady business, and in general commit crime. Even the law enforcement didn't like to travel to the slums due to its reputation. The city was massive, housing roughly 4 million individuals. However, around every block there were many inns and high-end resorts. Vita City was known for its flock of tourists, and thus there were many more people traversing the streets of Vita City than what actually lived there.

"So . . . Vaike, Arno," Tibarn started, glancing around. "I don't think we established on what we're doing from here. Do we keep on trekking, or should we rest here for the night?"

Remy appeared flushed when Isabelle asked why he thought what he did of her family. At first Remy feared Isabelle thought that he were insulting her, but his mind quickly caught up with his ears, in that she seemed to look for . . . justification? Consolation? He wasn't sure which, but it took him a moment to come up with the right answer.

"I'm just saying that from my own experience with Umbra mages," he admitted. "That, and from what you're telling me. Someone that really cares about their daughter wouldn't keep them locked away from the world like that, or to punish you so severely just for being curious about the world. They seem to really have you under lock and key, and that just isn't right to do to any individual. You deserve so much more, Bambi. You've just got to believe in yourself, and not look back. I know they've probably trained you your whole life to care about what they think, but guess what? You don't need their approval to be a great person. You don't need their approval for anything, especially because I doubt their approval even means squat."

He was being blunt, perhaps too much so, but the sincerity on his face was obvious. He really did want to help Isabelle, in any way that he could. He reached out for her hand and gave it a slight squeeze. Something severely troubled her, but he couldn't quite discern what that was.

"Anyhow, come on. We should go before the others leave without us." He began to gently lead her in the direction of the horses, if she would allow him.

( HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , it is your call on how you'd like the horses to respond to Isabelle. You can have full control of them in your post)

Elia paused at Diane's question, as though seemingly confused. "Yeah, it was weird . . . ." She reached toward her neck instinctively as she spoke. "I just woke up one morning and it was gone. Not on my bureau or anywhere. I didn't remember losing it, but I must've somehow when I wasn't aware of it." She extended a hand politely. "If it's not too much trouble, may I have it back, please? Pretty please? It's not magical or anything–just a locket that had belonged to my mother."

Just when she'd started to think that Vincent was okay and not just the kidnapper that insisted on holding her in custody, he'd picked up that authoritative tone again, and now he was talking about wanting to bring her sister into this!

"Hoo boy, you don't want to do that!" she cried out, bringing a hand to her chest and shaking her head. "You think I'm bad? Just incur the wrath of my sister and you'll see that I've been being nice! She'll have zero patience for all of this. And besides"–she waved a hand carelessly–"Ari has very long black hair, down to her waist. I don't think she's ever even seen the automaton before."

Her eyes fell on the book in Diane's hand, expression blank. She seemed lost in thought, whether trying to remember something or simply spacing. Eventually she shook her head slightly before turning back to Vincent, as though nothing had happened. "But yeah, don't involve Ariana. Trust me."

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vita City

Mabel was quick to show her excitement. For the first time for a while in her life, she was free from her expectations as high priestess. Jynn actually smiles for once, glad to have the Mabel he knew from his childhood back with him, despite the fact that this was only a temporary arrangement. But, despite her upbeat attitude, her naivety begins to show, making claims about the group being untouchable, and even staying the night in the slums. Jynn decides to take initiative.

He places his free hand on her shoulder. “Mabel. I know you’re excited, but though it is quiet here, we are not one hundred percent safe. And the slums are no place to live. That is where many poor folk and crime lords live, and I don’t want them to find out who you are.” He was speaking from experience. Often times, his missions brought him here, to the slums, to deal with criminals and other scum. “I’ve seen what happens there... Drug dealing, kidnapping, gambling, abducting women, and even murder...”

He notices that he is rambling on, and he holds her hand tightly. “You have every right to be excited, and the other mages and I encourage this attitude, but we do need to show a little bit of finesse while expressing that joy.” He calms down, hoping his words will make her a little bit more aware. He reaches out to the reins on Mel’s neck and uses his free hand to pull them up to Mabel. He smiles. “Mel is yours.”

- Yael/Nahum - Unaffiliated - Aeternalis, the City of Everlasting Dreams -
Yael would do a backflip before hearing them think that he would eat them. "I would not eat any of you! I am a vegetarian!" Yael complained, chirping once more. That was a lie. That was a big fat lie, but hey, he would not come to harm any of them...unless they warranted it. He transformed once again, this time, back to his regular shape as his tail would twirl and his ears would flick. He lay across the roof of the carriage, smirking and resting against his hand. "Thank you, thank you, I will be here for the following twenty four hours or so!" He smiled. That is when his eyes snapped open at the word banquet. A banquet, he said? He sat up immediately. "Oh we shall be more than happy to accept such gracious offer from you, right, Daruk?!" He asked. He would them puff, and out came a black bird, that would fly over to the child that was hugged by the mother and land on his head. The bird would extend its wing. "We shall feast and celebrate!" He said, extending both wings this time.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Searching in Sanctus Heights -
Arun would listen, his eyes gleaming as he would look at Pali and his suggestion. "You...You can do such a thing?" He knew that the Umbra maester was older, and thus wiser. Even if with another court, such knowledge was valuable, nevertheless. He could feel the sudden surge of magic bestowed upon him, his heart racing as his eyes gleamed that familiar ember color from their usual sky blue. He could feel it. It was always a headache in such big cities. The world around him turned black, and all he could see were outlines filled in as every step could be felt. Every step made a small tremble against the ground, which made sound waves that went via the earth, reaching Arun and sending it right back out. A way of echolocation. He would blink a few times and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes and focused on the earth. The sound of the footsteps...and he could see some more. The addition of magic allowed him to see more than just where they walked. Their magic would form a visual of themselves that could be...tangible. He focused on going from the plaza outwards...and he found him. Two of them. He snapped his eyes open. "This way!" He quickly pointed at a direction, and off he went, running after them. He could see them. Their footsteps were hurried. They had to catch up.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita City -
Arkane frowned as he scolded at Mabel. "I am serious! You are not street-smart enough! You can end up wandering off and getting into trouble, or worse. You are given freedom, but it does not mean that you are fully ready to confront it...not in this city anyways. Listen to your boyfriend." Arkane could speak from experience. He had not lived in the slums or a big city, but he had seen the depravity of humanity when one had to do to survive, and the rest just sees you as a rat in the street. The reality was; one could not help everyone. One could wish for everyone to be the same, but with free will it would never happen. Because free will lead to differences, and differences led to what made a human a human. He lifted his head as he watched Mabel carefully. He could not care less if she was with her crush, he just wanted a good bath. When she suggested the slums, he gestured with his arm to the area around him. "This are the slums." He said, tilting his head back a bit. "I am sure that they will look for us in one of the most expensive areas, therefore I suggest...a few steps above the slums but not exactly below the tourist areas. As much as you are safe with us around...I wish to have a decent night's sleep." He insisted, hand on his hip. He rode past a group that seemed to be playing a game on the street. Using a crate as a table, they sat around and threw dice, looking to win at the draw of luck. Arkane would have ignored them, had one very sharp whistle not caught his attention. "Pretty lady~" "What pretty hair!" "Can I get a kiss?" All teasingly, of course. They sounded drunk. Arkane turned to face them, hiding his smile behind his fan...before sneering at them. "Go suck each other off if you have nothing better to do!" He hissed, turning away with a huff and following behind Mabel, leaving them both extremely confused at the realization and laughing in hilarity.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Lt. Mastiff's Office -
Vincent listened. He could not understand this child at all! For the daughter of a lieutenant she was bossy, snarky, and very much against helping the investigation that could end up aiding them in the end. He listened to her as she insisted that she wished to have the necklace back. He turned to Diane. "Keep the necklace with you." He insisted. This was not over. Not by a longshot. He turned to the rest of the group. "Let us grab everything and head out. I believe we have all that we need in order to speak with the lieutenant. I believe Elia would like to see him, too." He insisted, holding onto the reports and deciding that this would be best discussed with the lieutenant himself as well. "You can have your necklace back with your father, in a safe place." He insisted. In the end, it seemed that the lieutenant would just have to be the one answering the questions.

Zion - Vivifica - Awakening at the Temple

"Take her, Zion. With my status as tarnished as it now is, she will have a happier life in Vivifica. Please. Take her."
"Eden..."
Don't argue. Please. Train her. Raise her. I can see that heroic virtue in her eyes...those beautiful turqoise eyes, so...so full...they shine, Zion...can't you see? She'll do something stupidly reckless, maybe many things stupid, reckless..." Eden would sigh, brushing a hand over the sleeping child's rose-pink hair. She was young, so young still...seventeen now, thanks to to polymorph spell going haywire. All she could do was sit and stroke the child, the room quiet. "I have failed her. I have failed House Takemizakuchi. Still they let me reside here, but....Zion...you must take her."
Zion was quiet...so quiet...but she nodded. "I will." she finally said. The Archmagus rose up, scooping Eclaire into her arms. Tail flicking, the girl just curled up more.
"...if anything happens..."
"Then I will find a way." Eden said flatly. "Thank you."

Zion jerked awake. Panting, eyes wide, she sat up, blankets falling around her waist. She yipped as the cool air hit her bare torso, and she held a hand out, her gown flying into her hand. She shifted and scooted about, then got out of bed, wrapping the cloth around her tightly for modesty. She padded towards her wardrobe, withdrawing fresh clothes - all black. For the Archmagus of Light, she had a penchant for dark clothes. Tucking them under her arm, she wiggled into her shoes and snagged a towel before heading into the bath. She tucked her things on a small table before she started to draw warm water, and as it filled she leaned on the washbin. A simple square mirror had been afixed, and she looked into it. Bedhead. Messy. She glanced at her now empty bed.
Not even someone to share it with.
Head hung, the archmagus just listened and, after a good time, stopped the water. Disrobing and sliding in, she hugged her knees to her chest as the steam rose around her. She felt alone...so alone...even with friends and fellow Court mages here, she was devoid of her beloved....of her daughter...
"...I cannot let despair take me...not when Aislinn's plan is threatened...not when people depend on me." She muttered quietly...as uncertain of herself as Eclaire was. If there was any flaw within the de Wynter family, it was self-doubt. A curse she was sure had been passed onto her prized student, the new Blade Magus. She dunked her head and held there for a bit, bubbles coming up. She then broke the surface and threw her head back with a tortured groan. Oh how she hated being a....lone....
Her eyes opened. The feeling of being watched settled onto her, head turning to face the door...where a face was. Blonde, teal eyed, just....staring. She stared back. Together they stared at each other, the boy unblinking. Then Zion felt her body erupt in volcanic heat, her teeth gritted, and she grabbed a bar of soap and launched it with a vicious cry.
"SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN."

A few moments later

Soren was rubbing his face where the soap had impacted, leaving a rectangular red mark on the left side. He looked into a small hand mirror, lamenting. "But my date!"
Zion shook her head, sitting beside him. "Why are you like this? Are you into incest?"
"What?! No, I heard muttering and thought you were awake, then I heard you go under water but not come up! Of course I'm checking on you!" He protested, looking utterly offended at the idea he could be into her. "Besides, you're into girls! I'm into girls! It's one thing besides hair and parents we have in common!"
Zion just looked at her elder brother, the playboy. Why he was in Vivifica, she would genuinely never know. But if anything, he was a master of wind and light. He was who taught her to fly, though he did not need to summon any wings. He flew without a single care, and usually could be found napping near the ceilings of rooms and such. Lazy bastard. But, she was now dressed and decent, so she raised a hand and gently pressed a healing orb into his cheek, removing the redness. He sighed.
"Thanks, sis."
"Next time just knock. Jeez." One more golden eye roll, and she stood. Stretching, the Archmagus turned. "I'm guessing everyone is preparing the defenses?"
"They're almost ready, to be frank. You've been so asleep I swear. I almost dumped your bath on you!" A mischievous grin took over his face, and she poked his forehead. "Just go do your job dammit. Gods above, you're lazy."
Standing, Soren de Wynter shrugged. "Yep! But everyone loves me."
"Except the fathers of all the girls you hit on whenever you go to town!"
"Hey. They're around my age. At least I have standards Zion, and by your magnanimous melons I'm - " He was cut off as he executed a perfect Sword Catch, saving himself from being half off like a certain Supreme Leader. "HEY! I WAS MESSING AROUND, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO BISECT ME?"
"Hey, I knew you'd catch it. Besides, why are you calling these melons?!"
"Because your breasts are about as bi- WAIT NOT THE GUN." He scrambled out of the room at mach speed as she raised Sunrise and Sunset, her Magic Guns. She sighed, shaking her head...but all she could do was smile. As annoying and sometimes perverted as her older brother was, he did it to her out of love...and really, it never failed to get her up and moving. Dressed now, she stepped out and headed out to look for Richter.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Makoto Suzaku - Ignis - With Henry!

Makoto nodded! She scrambled after her bestie at explosive speed, keeping up. Once in the carriage, she was all over him - resting, snuggling, stealing his lap when she wanted to stretch her legs a bit. Eventually, though, she'd actually fall asleep against his shoulder for the final duration of the ride, waking up once they arrived at Aeternalis. As everyone swarmed, Makoto tensed and frowned, glancing around. She didn't like groups just swarming close like this, and if anything she was very off-put. She reached over and grabbed Henry's hand, mostly so they didn't get separated in this welcoming crowd.
"...want me to get our bags?" She asked him. She wasn't playful - after the fight at the River...well, if someone could find and hurt Jynn, then most probably there would be trouble soon behind. That, and anyone here could be trying to steal her things, and the last thing she needed was her spare underwear stolen. She'd wear this shirt and skirt every day if needed, but gods forbid she never at least had clean underwear.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - Sanctus Heights

The Water Dancer had awoken a bit ago. As everyone went and gathered, he instead dressed in a black dress and long gloves. Adjusting his clothes, he made his way out as everyone did their duty, and instead headed for the Square. Once he had arrived, he looked around. With all the commotion, people would be wound up, stressed, uptight. Scared. So, veil on, he knelt at the fountain and brough out water, soaking himself. Some people paused, confused, but he turned, eyes closed...foot forward...arm up. He began his dance, the fountain's water raising and circling around him. The water that had hit the ground would raise in circular tendrils around him, the boy speeding his dance up as the water began moving awayin moving rhyhtmically. Breathing in, he then began to sing.

The water split and twisted, beautiful designs made and unmade above him as he danced. People who gathered would soon find the water spreading, and once a crowd had gathered he would add a spin, water flying off his form, catching it in his dance. Tendrils began to form and spin around others, staying below the knee. Anyone worried would find a simple touch caused them to fall - those who waited would find them grow soon, creating a spinning cage that moved, refracting the light to bathe everyone in beautiful rainbow light. The cages' gaps would grow, merging with those nearby before shooting up and back to Kagura. As they circled him, water still flying off his dress, he dropped to a knee. The spread then fell in a light rain that was perfectly controlled, keeping everyone dry, but forming above the square one final rainbow as he returned the water to the fountain, curtsying before his hands clasped behind his back, a trail of ice was formed, and he kicked off, skating around people as a trail of snowflakes followed, the last of his drenched clothing soon dry as they hit the floor.

Kagura's dances were more than just for show, and his magic more than combat. What most did not think of was the spiritual and emotional needs of others in time of stress and crisis, and while still struggling with his own, dancing was a form of therapy in and of itself. What he had done for those who chose to stop and watch, was ease them spiritually with soothing water and beautiful light. He would have gone a bit more cocky with actually letting the rain hit them, then pulling the water back to leave them clean and dry, but he...didn't think he could really do it. But...he felt better. Others would feel better.

The water dancer, hands behind his back still, lightly skipped his way back towards the Cathedral, still humming the song he sang earlier.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Eden Silvius - Umbra - Vita City

The woman had taken a seat as they all talked and such. Remy soon returned, but the quiet Umbra mage had taken out a small locket and opened it, staring at the contents. She had zoned out for a long time, then turned and looked up as she realized Remy had returned, talking with Isabelle.
"My apologies." She said, rising. "As much as I would love to stay and talk, it is time that we continued on to Vivifica." She turned, curtsying to Remy's grandmother. "On any other day I would gladly stay and talk for a time, but we are on a tight schedule. Your hospitality and generosity mean the world to such a maidservant as myself, and to my mistress here." She nodded to Isabelle. If anything, Eden was a superb actress...always playing the part. She looked around for their compatriot. "Where is that man..."

I swear Zion, if you've not gotten home and I beat you there, I will do unspeakable things.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Vita City

The Umbra Mage was lost in her thoughts the entire time. Holding Fyenne close the entire trip, she was pulled out by their arrival. Looking at Mabel, she frowned to herself, then looked down at Fyenne. "...you said there were...hideouts from your former...allies?" She asked softly, tail flicking. Her slit eyes widened and contracted as she looked around, keeping an eye out...if anything, she was very much worried...if Fyenne's former captors were here, then the catgirl was going to be on edge the entire time. "...Jynn is correct." Eclaire said to Mabel. "Just...stay close, don't wander off alone...alright?" She pleaded. She wasn't Jynn, nor any of the others. But at the very least...she knew how the slums felt. in Umbra, she essentially lived in a slumlike house - maybe a bit better, but her mother was disowned and abandoned by the family...finding a job with a small cottage to live in was mercy.
"...anywhere we should really avoid, Fyenne?" She asked, looking down at the girl.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Saffron
The wind mage looked over to Tibarn. “Its nothing, im just taken aback on how quickly we returned here.” She folded her arms i of her chest. “We should probably move fast to catch up to the priestess, I doubt we have much time till they reach Vivifica.” She pushed forwards. Her eyes shifting around the corners, watching out for any underworld activity. her bag clattered around as she moved.

Isabelle
Isabelle seemed pleased with Remy’s response. “So im good?” She seemed pleased, this look would soon drain as she fearfully looked at the horses. They would look at her, and immediatly freak out the moment she got near. The scent of blood and murder was strong around her. And as expected the animals could sense it. It took quite a while for her to even get close enough to hop onto one of the horses. She worriedly climbed onto the horse’s back and held tight. She looked ridiculous but her worries and fewrs were clearly out there. Once atop the horse, she then realized, she didn’t know how to ride it. Animals were not the strong suit of the Cinque familia.

Aquilla
The thermal mage rushed out of the cathedral just in time to see Arun bolt across the plaza. She looked confused and her eyes darted towards Kolm for answers. Her only first assumption was that something was attacking and defense was required. Which brought her to this sort of Eeyei Slash Stance as she looked to her fellow ice mage. It looked almost like a threat towards him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back