• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court -

The Ignis Maester looked positively miffed at the girl Morpha. Such words were spoken about him once or twice before, but it never ended well for the other individual, and he was half-tempted to give her a lesser taste of the thrashing he gave them.

No, no, calm yourself, Daruk, he thought to himself. She does not deserve a spit-covered finger in her ear just yet. Maybe next time if she persists. Just smile and grin and bear it.

He tried his best, but the most that came out of him was a death glare over the most forced smile even as all of the others spoke to her shamefully. He tried to be the better man, yet he gradually slid towards wanting to do his initial idea. What came next, however, was what nobody could have expected: Morpha freed herself from her ice prison with a brutal display of power, something not purely natural.

He sheltered himself from the peppering ice as it exploded outwards, at first with his shielding arm, then next with a display of melting firepower as a heated aura surrounded him, erasing the thin slivers of ice around him even as they fell to the ground. So much else happened. Jynn, Nero, Gerik, this shapeshifting newcomer -- all seemed to aim for her in their own manner. He was about to do the same.

Having rushed to a young tree with a fire-edged claymore and hacking it down, he toted the weight as properly as he was able and, with a showy display of the strength of fire and earth magic, swung tje tree's mess of leaves and branches at Morpha from above. With Gerik's tendrils of darkness covering the ground nearby or beneath her, a canopy of slamming, still-green branches would aim to bring her down proper. Even if the main body of the tree would not crush her, the weight of everything else would certainly pin her down if landing.

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court -

Jari felt relief sweep over him as Incarose came by, luring his attention with her kind -- no, generous -- gesture of trying to speak with him and cheer him up. She was very thoughtful, this newfound Ignis mage, and he definitely enjoyed her company enough to smile up at her and take her up on her offer.

"Thanks, Rose. That sounds g--"

He was cut off as he noticed Kagura sit close by as well, effectively silencing him and causing him to turn beet-red upon finding his hand get ensnared by both of the water dancer's hands. His eyes dilated and bounced his line of vision about as he pondered what exactly caused this sort of event to happen, and finally he surmounted his inaction by looking over to Kagura's face. There was something introspective and pensive about his crush that looked rather saddening and, yet, somewhat sweet and adorable. Was she wanting some sort of comfort? He licked his lips timidly as he pulled his eyes away. If she did want comfort, he was not going to say anything and instead squeeze her hand. That's what his mother did to him when he was younger and scared and seeking some level of consolation. Hopefully it had the same effect.

The sound of Auntie Anya -- a nickname he liked to call the inter-factional head of relations -- behind him and Incarose scared him for a second, but he quickly recouped. She wanted to learn about what else had happened, and Incarose answered with all of the information she deigned to give. He had to hand it to her: she had a knack for explaining things and interacting with people. This was a skill he hoped to acquire someday, but that was neither here nor there. In the meantime, he bobbed his head in agreement with her and waited his turn to talk on with Rose, keeping a tight grip on Kagura's soft hands while he was at it.

((Oh, Jari, what am I going to do with you?))

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, returned from a long trek -

Pali entered the larger hall with a striking amount of poise for someone who had returned from a walking trip for almost an entire day round-trip. With his gift of wishful thinking, he was able to preserve himself in terms of cleanliness, muscle aches and random pains, and other miscellaneous things, but he had to admit that the injury he sustained to one of the Ebon Flame's crossbowmen did hamper him a little bit, as well as the exhaustion of having to rely on it for a few days. He glanced about and found a few of his Umbra comrades, sitting among them if they conglomerated. He could not find Isabelle, not that he expected anything different. She must have flown the coop in order to go with Zion. That crazed woman. She was as flippant of her allegiances as they came. At least he did not hide the fact that he was more self-serving than dedicated to his position in Umbra Court.

He did not actively engage in conversation, instead listening in to Everyth and those of whom she spoke. He admitted to himself that he was surprised to hear about the Ebon Flame again after that last run-in, and he wondered why exactly this little band of miscreants dared to poke their heads out of the sand like an ostrich flock. Apparently they were getting increasingly bold. Highwaymen at first, then abductors of this generation's High Priestess. Were they so sure that they could win that they tested their odds in such a way?

- Raiden, returned from a different long trek, in Vita City -

The man known as Raiden glanced up from a number of pages on his desk, strewn about and all seemingly important. One page in question he was currently replicating onto another, a low-level federal document that he could perform in his sleep. It did not match his current taste of goals, but in some way he had to keep the bills flowing.

Smiling, he accepted the worn paper the young man offered him, leaning forward from his leather armchair and over his flat office desk.

"Greetings, Ren," he answered weakly, his voice hoarse from travel. "Do not worry about delays. I am freshly back from searching for her myself. I did not even make myself a cup of tea yet, though as you see I've had water."

He paused to allow his associate, Ren Mordecai, deliver what he could via mouth as he inspected the paper. He sagged in his chair and rubbed his temples, saddened that neither held the key to finding her. Not even Anya was able to find her. What a pity.

"It is . . . fine," he answered at last, breathing out a heavy sigh. "Vanished she did . . . again, but I hope she will be okay. I've searched for days as well, but could not find anything of import. With this resurfacing curse, this darkness, she will need much more than well-wishes. She needs prayer, protection, and assistance, be it human or divine. Either way, my resourceful and friend, thank you. I don't know what I would do without you."

Raiden offered a wan smile as he looked towards Ren before hesitantly picking up a fine quill and continuing to carefully jot words and characters and signatures down word-for-word.

"What news do you bear about the library? I have been gone for a while. I am sure that they are missing me?"

- Henry Heid - Heir of Ignis - Vita River - Morpha Fiend fight -

At first Henry was tempted to just walk back to camp and let the Maesters deal with this failure of an umbra mage, seeying that as the best course of action...but then something unexpected happened, he knew that itika was easily smuggled in today's age and many rogue mages used such a thing, while he wasn't entirely flabbergastes by Morpha's use of Itika, he was more surprised at how it all happened, not only was the magic powerful enough to break Nero's binding magic, but her attacks were fast enough that no one else was able to react, And subsequently jynn was slashed accross the eyes, blinded by the rogue mage.

Everyone acted as you'd expect, Yael went to Jynn's side to support him, Nero, Daruk and Gerik all did offensive attacks towards Morpha. Daruk especially lunged at her wit ha tree of all things, Henry on the other hand analyzed the situation, attacking her with everyone would leave them open in case she managed to avoid the attacks, and he couldn't risk her having another shot at Jynn.

Wait...Morpha used darkness...an element entirely opposed to Henry's light, or rather sunlight. Extending both arms he channeled sunlight into them, creating two orbs of sunlight in his hands as he smashed them together, forming a bigger orb, before throwing it into the middle of the area in which they all fought, the orb would fly upwards as it reached its destination as it would begin emanating a nourishing light to his allies, enhancing their mana, and interfere with Morpha's darkness. Even if she was boosted by Itika, such interference with her magic should probably slow her down a bit. Morpha could dispel the spell upon the area, but it would take considerable effort and time to do so, and would leave her open.

"You're outmatched!" Henry taunted the rogue umbra mage, if he could get her to attack him it would work with his plan.

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Thanny Thanny Elrandir Elrandir Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Richter Vanis - VIvifica - Vivifica court -

The night went by slowly, extremely, agonizingly slowly as Richter wondered what to do and what would be the best course of action after having read the note yesterday, having hidden it for safe keeping he spent the beginning of the morning watching the forest from outside his room's window. He pondered about meeting Aislinn, but before any of that could be done Zion had arrived, screaming, door smashingly loud. Richter's eyes focused as they glew with raw power as he vanished.

Zion and every other mage in the area would feel the flow of Aether flowing around the room as Richter would appear in a bright flash of etheric light. HIs expression stoic and focused as always. "Calm yourself, Zion." Richter spoke, first and foremost he wished to calm her down, as anger would cloud her judgement.

"The Council?" Richter asked, his tone of voice sounding somewhat more serious now. As he pondered for a second before coming up with a realization, he listened to the Maestra's words regarding Zion and Jynn's whereabouts of yesterday. Before taking a look around the room and noticing Jynn wasn't there.
"Jynn's not with her." Richter commented, fearing the worst. "Tell us what happened Zion, in detail, and where is Jynn?" Richter finished.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136 RikuXIII RikuXIII HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Arno Cross - Bounty hunter - Viridian Villa tavern -

Arno's expression remained unchanged as Vaike began to explain his story, about himself and Invidia, who they were before and what the court once known as Tenebris once was and what it entailed. Apparently Vaike and Invidia were cursed with immortality through reincarnation. Invidia had beem attempting to stop the tenebris's ressurgence with all his given lifetimes, becoming stronger and stronger, and now the man was gunning to kill the High priestess.

Arno's gaze did not avert itself from Vaike's eyes, as Vaike finished explaining everything and explaining his goal as to what he wants to do with the High priestess.
"Far as I remember the high priestess is a young girl, I doubt she even knows of this." Arno commented before taking a long sigh.

"Well..." Arno began, pulling out his sawed off shotgun from under the table as he placed it in front of him. "Your whole schtick is way too elaborate to be a lie, so let's say for now I believe you until proven wrong." Arno spoke. "I frankly do not care for the details of the whole deal, though I am curious as to what happened to your other brethren." Arno asked him.
"Considering i've just came face to face with Invidia and his ebon flame whackjobs. Screw it, im in." Arno spoke, determined and serious. "But how exactly are we going to ambush, and take her away considering she'l no doubt be protected by trained mages and possibly even maesters?" Arno asked him.

"We'l need a plan, and move quickly."

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Quinn
The servant wrapped a brown traveling cloak around herself and put up the hood. It draped over her body and ending at the knee. She seemed bored and impatient. “Its time we leave. We will walk to Vita City and catch the train from there towards Sanctus Heights. Do not make our affiliations clear. If asked we arent members of Vivifica. The world simply isn’t willing to understand our courts goals.” She turned so she could see the companions that had arrived out of the corner of her eye.

“We will employ steath and deception tactics in case authorities catch on to who we are. Upon arrival in any city we shall decide upon a meeting point and exit strategy in case our group gets seperated. Are we clear on the plan?” She turns fulling to look at Tiru and Valery. She looked stern and determined.

Saffron
Saff turned to Arno. “well if they are using vehicles then i can make them break down, if not. Maybe some misdirection can be used. Beleive it or not i make for a pretty good road side beggar.” She smirks as she flourishes her hand like an actor. “Altsuppose finding the priestess is the most important part.” She sighs.

Aquilla
“Yes. Daruk is my maester. He’s very kind and jolly. As for having ice mages in Ignis... they allowed me to join... i cant see why you couldnt.” She said with a smile. “Not many can help you excel at ice magic but perhaps we can work on it together” she adds.

Luka
The sand mage smiles at the information. “Excellent. Ill get right to work on gathering that Viela. My sand magic should allow me to harvest it swiftly. Ill return before you know I left.”

Zion - Vivifica - Vivifica Temple

Zion reached up and grasped Aislinn's arms, eyes wide, almost wild.
"They have Eclaire in Umbra. I don't know where Jynn was, someone used Itika on a train and they arrested us. Someone broke us out and I made for the meeting but I didn't say. Aislinn. Maestra. They're coming to take you back to Sanctus, to take your position, and if any of us resist the Council has ordered us put to death. Anyone. For resisting their demands of you being removed." She gasped. "The Council is coming, and they...they'd have people to lead them here. Maybe they still have Jynn. I don't know. I...I told them. If they wish to come with such wishes, we'll defend you. Defend Vivifica. Especially if they're willing to murder everyone who...who dares not bend the knee to them." She panted. She was exhausted from her long, hard flight. "I...I know Jynn escaped. But...but I don't know where he went."

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Eden Silvius - Umbra - Vita City

She turned first to face Ronin, her face impassive. "I'm going to see my wife and my daughter, and I will not be abandoning them for whatever you have planned, Ronin." She said bluntly. "We are stronger together." She then turned to Isabelle. "It is not your fault. In the realm of politics, there is only collateral damage in the end. You have done minimal wrong." She said. "We will see about contacting your father as Remy procures us transport. We can always get you a ticket back to Sanctus Heights so you can return home if you so wish, should your father be able to work this all out." She glanced at Remy. "...and yes. Get us horses." She agreed.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - River Camp

The sounds of battle echoed. She frowned, pulling Fyenne back. "Eat." She ordered, stepping closer to battle. Makoto, though, put her arm out to block her. "Protect the others." She said. "I'll help Henry." She surged with chakra, kicking off and speeding into the trees as Eclaire blinked. "All...right..." she muttered. In this case, she probably was one of the better defensive options. Especially with Fyenne here. She glanced back at the girl. "Go ahead and eat, sweetie. I'll just...keep an eye out." She glanced at Mia and Mabel, biting her lip. "...everything'll be fine."

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - The Meeting

Kagura was mostly zoned out from the meeting...but the tight grip from Jari helped to visibly relax Kagura. The boy, forgetting that Jari had not yet discovered he was in fact the cutest boy, leaned against him. He was slowly starting to calm his breathing from the earlier hyperventilating. Breathing in slowly, Kagura just snuggled.

Thanny Thanny

Makoto Suzaku - Ignis - On Her Way To Help A Henry

Makoto was kicking off and bouncing through the trees. Arriving at the battle, she watched as it was in full swing. Kicking off, she landed beside Henry, fists up.
"Are you slacking? Shouldn't she be extra crispy with a side of potatoes?" She joked, stance set. She glanced around, then noticed Jynn. Her face fell. "...take her alive?" She asked him quietly.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

–Vita River–
Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Xion136 Xion136

Fyenne bit her lip, nodding when Eclaire suggested that she return to her meal. "Things are very eventful here among court mages," Fyenne voiced, offering a bread roll to Eclaire. She tilted her head and smiled, dark hair curtaining the sides of her face. To say that she idolized Eclaire was an understatement.

The sounds of battle did fill her with anxiety. Her back straightened as she sat straighter, expression akin to a deer caught under headlights. She attempted to reach out for Eclaire's hand when she was preparing to leave, though was relieved when Makoto said that she would further examine the situation in Eclaire's stead–she would have to remember to thank the Ignis Mage later.

Meanwhile, Mabel's eyes widened at Arkane's warning on the flower, being unable to look at the flower in the same light now that she knew it was poisonous. The thought of the nearby patch was promising; it would mean that she could skirt Lady Mia's scrutinous gaze, and perhaps even be able to confide in Arkane about the predicament which now bound her. She didn't know how it had happened, but she felt that the Umbra mage was someone she could trust. The priestess rose from her seat, voice seemingly loud given the silence of their campgrounds.

"I'm ready now, if you are," she said to him. "I fully packed before leaving my tent."

As though not hearing Mabel's words, the elder hummed to herself, rocking in place while fixating her gaze on the Umbra mage. "Hmm, Vita City, yes . . . . I believe there is some wisdom to what you proffer. Vita City would indeed offer us shelter from prying eyes, while in Aeternalis we would attract quite the amount of attention. Both would welcome us, but I think I favor Vita City myself. Good deduction, boy."

–Vivifica Temple–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Aislinn remained rooted firmly in place, her face a mask of unveiled emotions. Her gaze remained unblinkingly fixated on Zion as she further explained the situation, in the end causing the Vivifican maestra to stroke Zion's face with two fingers.

"You have done the right thing for our court," Aislinn soothed. "You stood up for us when we were not there to defend ourselves, and for that I am grateful." Her gaze flickered toward Richter. "Now we must plan."

The maestra managed to keep her composure despite their dire position, seeming as calm as though they were discussing an upcoming rainstorm. "If what you say is true, and they have either Eclaire or Jynn, it is plausible that they may be able to find the temple. As such, we must be prepared. Zion, you have done well, but I do not expect you to jeopardize yourself any further in defending me. I will stand trial when the time is right, but the time is not at that point yet. I have completed my preparations; all I need now is for the high priestess to open a gateway into the Spirit Realm. From there I should be able to protect us all from the impending threat, the reason I have been gathering all of this Itika–but, this can only happen if I can get in. Richter, Zion, if you are willing, I must ask one last favor of you both."

Her expression grew serious, eyes holding a weight which shouldn't have had to be borne. "Bring the High Priestess, please, willing or unwilling. Only she can open a gateway to traverse to the other side. I have my suspicions on why this is so, but regardless, only she can end this silent war.

"Once the gateway is opened, I will depart to the other side. I do not know what awaits, nor if I will return, but I will do what I can to subdue the threat to Regalia. If anyone wishes to stand by me, they are welcomed, but I will not ask anyone to embark on this dangerous task with me."

She let out a sigh, bringing a hand to her chest. "I had hoped that my brothers and sister, the maesters and maestra of the other courts, would have heard me out, would have been willing to venture to the other side with me and stand united, as the Four Courts should, but it would seem that they are held by a different chain and must see through the means of the elders. No matter–I can pardon this. And yet"–her eyes flashed dangerously, a ferocity not often seen within the peaceful maestra–"no one hurts my mages. Should any single one of them bring a weapon down on any person here under the protection of the court, I will not hesitate to respond in equal or greater measure."

She strode away, waving to get the attention of a guardsmen standing nearby, likely having overheard the entire exchange himself. "Prepare a mass evacuation! Women and children, prepare to take them along the riverside to Aeternalis. Gather the remaining mages. We will soon be under assault."

She glanced back toward Zion somberly. "I highly doubt that anyone standing in this court will be considered 'innocent' in the eyes of the elders. Regardless of whether these men and women defend me or not, residing in Vivifica will likely brand anyone a traitor, so expect an assault, if not a mass slaughter. I do not think you will be disappointed."

A short distance away, Tiru shook his head sadly in Quinn's direction. "Sorry, mate; I know that I said I'd join you, but I think I'm needed here. If I left now I'd feel as though I'm running away from all of this. My people need me, and I must stay and fight." He patted her on the shoulder, green eyes sorrowful. "Good luck, Quinn, and stay safe."

As he started to turn he'd noticed Valery, whom he offered a grim smile to and jerked his head in the direction of Aislinn and Zion. "Apparently there is a council heading this way from the other courts, one who doesn't approve of Maestra Aislinn," he said, glazing over the situation in a few sentences. "They intend to bring violence if we do not comply, which is why I'm planning to stick around and help how I can. If you still want to go with Quinn, that's fine. Safest for you guys to get as far from here as you can, anyway."

–Vita City–
Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

It seemed that Remy was delighted that he was given something important to do for once. He tried to suppress his wide grin as he nodded enthusiastically toward Eden. "Straight away, ma'am!" As he began to speed off in the direction of his grandmother's home, he stopped in his tracks and shot a glance back toward his companions. "Say, want to come and say hello? Grab a bite? Gram's always great whenever I bring guests in; I know that she'll love you!"

He hoped that this was true, but he figured that Eden, Isabelle, and Ronin were . . . slightly more reputable than some of the other individuals he'd brought through the poor woman's home.

If they followed, they would travel many bustling streets. They stopped, turned, walked and walked, before stopping at another street, and meandering through a weave of homes upon a winding road. Eventually he'd point at one house sitting upon a hill, the yard decorated with so many garden gnome ceramics that it should've been considered sinful. He carefully tread upon the stones embed in the grass and turned the knob of the door, without so much as knocking.

"Gram?" he called out timidly. "You decent? It's me, and I've brought some friends to meet you!"

–Sanctus Heights: The Viridian Villa–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

A sad smile shadowed Vaike's face at Arno's words. "We shall see," he murmured in response to Mabel's innocence. "The last high priestess certainly knew of some things, though I do not know how much they teach them." They probably meant the elders and high priestesses respectively, but Vaike didn't elaborate as he rose from the table and stretched. "Anyhow, we should be off. Thank you, all of you, for hearing me out, and even more for believing me. There's something very gold about your hearts, all of you. I am feeling more hopeful than I have in a long time about this mission. Maybe we can defy fate, after all."

He began to remove gadgets from his trench coat pocket, including a crumbled map, some coins, and, finally, a wallet. "I don't know where all of my brethren are anymore," Vaike admitted. "Invidia makes himself known in every life, thus making him easy to find, though it has been perhaps hundreds of years since I have spoken to him face-to-face. I have encountered others perhaps a few other times, but I feel that most have given up and moved on with their lives. If we find them"–Vaike visibly hesitated, a pained expression on his face–"I cannot say how much we should trust them. A thousand years can change a person, for better or worse. While I would like to hope that we all share a common goal, I don't know anymore, and if I've learned anything over my lifetimes is that one is best trusting in only themselves, as sad as that is to say."

"We may need to put your acting to the test along the way, Saff." He offered the metalmancer a smile, before withdrawing some train tickets from his wallet. "I have purchased tickets to Cape et Draco. From there we can wait and ambush them in the Vivifica Forest, or we can reconvene with another plan. Regardless, I suggest we continue to move. I fear that we may have an enemy within the Vivifica court, one that our high priestess should not meet if we wish to intercept Tenebris' plan. Ideally, we abduct her before, and not after."

Vaike strode toward the end of the dining hall, grabbing a satchel which he swung over his shoulder. "If you are ready, let us head off. We can discuss our plans along the way."

–Sanctus Heights: Infirmary–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

A smile crossed Kolm's face as he rose from his position on the floor. "Then perhaps we may meet again, then, Aquilla." He offered her a slight bow, before politely requesting his leave and moving for the curtain partition. There he stopped in the entryway, hand hovering inches from the curtain before turning to glance back at Aquilla.

"Is there anything that I can get you?" he asked her. "Anything that would make your stay slightly more . . . ah, pleasant, while you are here?"

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Breakfast room–
Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Shiroo's eyes widened as Kagura proceeded to lean into Jari. Whatever. The Ignis Mage shook his head, averting his gaze from the couple as he attempted to focus instead on the conversation at hand, chiefly in regards to warning the other mages.

"If Arkane were here," Everyth started, recalling her recent acquaintance which she'd met upon the ride here, "I am certain that he could summon creatures which could relay a message, but not I. I am not sure if this is something above Mister Noirtier's abilities, though if any of our mages could accomplish such a feat, it would be he." Her violet gaze lingered on Pali. When did he arrive, and where had he been? She'd long since stopped trying to follow the man's actions after his cold rejection from several days prior, though she did find it odd that he often kept to himself and was so mysterious. Was he hiding something?

Panic seized Elia's form as Diane began to explain that Lt. Mastiff had been injured and assaulted. "Who would do something like that?" she demanded, though tried to calm herself when Diane insisted that she would bring her to him in time. "Where is he? I can help him!" At this she covered her hand with her mouth, tongue going dry. It suddenly dawned on her that now would not be a good time to reveal herself to be an untrained mage. While Vincent already knew, and a handful of others from the automaton incident, she could not say the same would bode well for her in a room of other "trained" mages, especially with the allegations against her.

"Thank you, Diane," she said, wishing to momentarily hug the woman who'd shown her kindness, but the lich was already gone before she could do so. She continued to remain silent while the other mages discussed their next course of action.

"I think you've covered everything," Everyth said, nodding toward Vincent. "We will keep an eye out for this 'blue-haired' individual, though I daresay that a description of a 5'10", unearthly eyed, long blue-haired individual with pallid skin isn't a lot to go on. So many people would fit that description, and surely we cannot apprehend every individual that fits this description?" The last statement came off as a question, wondering if Vincent was indeed suggesting that they apprehend anyone who fell into this category.

(((image property of hairsimply))
b77b6d594feda5caf0db82a77af71991_toprubrix-toprubrix-anime-guy-with-dark-blue-hair_532-588.jpeg
)​

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Vita River -

They were not waking up on their own. But after a while. Arkane figured that he could fix that. His parents insisted that he should never attempt such things with humans. That it was forbidden. But what else was he to do with nothing left to lose? He tried. He studied. He experimented. Undead animals soon became his friends, and for days he would read upon the material left behind by his parents. It would not be until winter that he would manage to create a miracle. He used his blood to draw on the dirty floor of the crypt, and on their coffins and graves. He poured the hastily mixed material, and gave it his all. It drained the mana out of him so quickly, he did not even realize that he had passed out. By the time he woke up, however, he was no longer alone. Two figures stood next to the graves. Their hair disheveled, and their skin pale. Eyes glazed over as their wore their funerary clothes still. But Arkane did not see them as dead. He saw all he had ever known. "Mama! Papa!" He squealed, running over and hugging the corpses. "I knew I could do it! I brought you back!" He giggled, jumping up and down. Of course bringing back a corpse and a soul were two different things, but Arkane did not know any of that himself. He noticed that they were a bit slow. He thought that they were just a bit confused, and still sick. He washed them. He brushed their hair and got them dressed in prettier clothes. They would read, they would water the plants, and they would walk around the forest for fruits. They were a family again. But in the eyes of the humans of the town, all they saw was a monster.

Arkane finished his fish and licked at the stick, throwing it back into the fire. Mabel wanted to see the flowers, then so be it. He stood up. "This way. Just hidden away." He said, gesturing with his arm. He glanced over at the matriarch. "We will be back soon." He turned away with Mabel and led her to the place where the flowers grew. In a small clearing among a bunch of trees, hidden behind some brushes, scarlet flowers covered the area in a beautiful array. They were well protected by the trees, given enough sunlight and nutrients to thrive by the river. Butterflies and hummingbirds were some of the few creatures that could enjoy their tastes, as the bulbs were extremely poisonous on their own. Other than that, they were left alone to thrive. "Here we are." He said. "The bulbs are poisonous. Because of this they are planted around cemeteries, houses, and crop fields in order to discourage animals from digging around. Other than that, they are pretty harmless." He explained. These flowers were always nostalgic. They would have these planted all over the burial grounds to keep animals from scavenging into the graves. They were beautiful, too. "Pick as many as you like. They do not do particularly well in dry climates." He said nonchalantly, waving a hand over. He had fully ignored any and all sounds of the conflict, focusing on Mabel.

- Vincent & Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Breakfast Hall Meeting -
Vincent looked around. Everyone gave their opinions. Everyone was told to look out for this person. It seemed that everything was in order. "Right! Then we have our orders!" He said, tapping the board. "Look out for this man, and be careful! Return to either aiding us in the investigation regarding the automaton, rebuild the city, investigate yesterday's attack on the cathedral or search around for this man in specific; whatever you feel that must be done. All I ask is that you do not travel alone. At the very least remain in pairs. If you must travel alone, let someone else know where you will be heading and what you will be doing. We must be take precautions. This city is in tatters, and they depend on us to aid in their protection and recovery. But we cannot do this if we cannot watch over each other ourselves. Let us not be separated by courts. We are all mages, and we all share the same responsibility. Capishe?" He asked, looking around the room. It seemed that they had everything that needed to be settled. "As for regards of the traveling party, unless you find something out, we have no choice but it let it go. They are a big group, which has included three maesters. She could not be in better hands. If we are all ready...Let's get to work!" Now they all had five options of things to do:
  • Search for the blue haired man
  • Investigate the automaton leads
  • Investigate the attack on the cathedral
  • Help rebuild the city
  • Find a way to warn the traveling party
Unless they wished to do something aside all together, of course. But those were there. Vincent approached Diane and Elia. "Diane, we should head back to the office to find this safe. Whatever is in there is important enough for the lieutenant to insist on it even in his state." His eyes turned to Elia. "Elia, I wish to ask you to come with us to the office, and aid us in opening the safe. I understand that you want to see your father, and you will. As soon as we get what he refers to, we will head straight back to your father, as I have some questions for him as well." He explained, frowning at her. "But we ask that you come with us to take care of that safe. Please."

Arun would listen, and soon enough the meeting came to an end. He frowned, biting down on his thumb for a moment as he thought on what to do. They needed to investigate what had happened within the cathedral. There must be some kind of leads that they could follow, right? He stood up, looking around shyly before clearing his throat. "I believe we should investigate the leads on the attack. This man could have not come from out of nowhere. There must be some clues left behind. Especially after the fight that Shiroo and Kagura went through." He insisted, looking around. "Anyone else wishes to stay and investigate the matter?"

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral - Dinning Hall -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Quite a few things had happened in the past couple of days. The Automaton, the destruction of a big part of Central Square, the events of the meeting, the sudden attack at the cathedral. What else did Fate had in store for them, Diane wondered. Once Vincent finished explaining the different tasks that everyone could do, he approached her and Elia.

"Agreed. For the Lieutenant to ask me to find this safe while he was wounded must mean that whatever is inside this safe is very important for the investigation," she answered to Vincent.

She could see that Elia was worried about her father, but Diane was also wondering about something else. The fate of Elia's sister.

Hassan's ability to heal was just as good as her ability to deal with obstacles while remaining completely unnoticed by the people around her, but Elia's abilities could prove useful in speeding up the recovery process. Living beings, such fragile and delicate things.

"We need to focus on the investigation first. The longer this individual is at loose, the more time he has to plan and execute another attack. Enough people have died already, and apparently this is making itika more present in the city. If more people die, then we could have a potential catastrophe in our future. Even bigger than what happened in Central Square," she said calmly, "as for the Lieutenant, Vincent, he is not going to wake up any time soon. Maybe in a couple of days, but for now? He lost too much blood. But, perhaps, Elia could help with that. In any case, if there is nothing left to do here, then we should go back to the Lieutenant's office and find out what he was trying to tell us."

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, with Kagura, Incarose, and Auntie Anya in the cathedral breakfast hall -

Jari had to marvel at the surprising comfort of being snuggled against, something he had not quite experienced with, well, anyone. His cheeks turned a shade redder as he attempted to think about anything else, or else he may just explode from a strange mix of embarrassment and excitement. His mind eventually strayed back, and worried about what the others would think of him and Kagura. Additionally, it worried about what he thought of him and Kagura, or what Kagura thought of the two of them. Did this cute act of nuzzling against him . . . mean something? Oh boy.

He snapped back to reality when the discussion shifted into a meeting session, with Vincent at the lead and bringing to the table a list of opportunities. Out of the five discussed, he still leaned toward helping people with the dissemination of important items like food, water, and sometimes blankets for those survivors who needed them. That would be the most beneficial to him even still, and yet he wondered where Kagura was going to end up. He stole a glance toward her, trying not to be seen by the others by furtively squinting his eyes and looking through his eyelashes before returning to his thoughts. What to do?

Meanwhile, he wondered what was going to happen regarding Anya and Incarose. The meeting might have broken apart their conversation, or they might have continued throughout it. He had been too preoccupied by thought to listen in very well.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, also in the cathedral breakfast hall -

Perhaps the quietest Umbra mage present, Pali looked around the meeting session, surprised that so much had went on while he was out scrounging through dirt, foliage, and a meal trying to find a book. Granted, it had been a handful of days, but an attack on the cathedral? An issue with an unknown man while distributing supplies? An incident with a blue-haired man, seemingly different? What conspiracy was afoot to amass all of these oddities, or were they all unrelated? He mused over this thoughtfully and raised a finger overtop his head.

"Unless we are sparing on people for investigation, I will help with the reconstruction efforts. Rustiness aside, my skills benefit there much more than delivery or discovery, but I am versatile," he replied to Arun, grinning and yet showing little mirth behind the expression.

He was not aware of Everyth's ponderings or her looking over to him. However, given a nudge, he may be able to send a small, flashy message to Gerik over a great distance using one of his simpler tricks he had collected.

–High Priestess Mabel, alongside Vita River with Arkane–
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

A grunt and nod was the sole acknowledgement proffered by Mia, seeming unconcerned about entrusting the priestess with Arkane. This surprised Mabel slightly, yet she wasted no time in gathering up the skirt of her long robe and following the Umbra mage to the clearing which she led her to. She was silent most of the way, though her gaze suggested that she were deep in thought. An audible breath hitched in her chest as she observed the field of flowers. Leaving his side, she rushed toward them, the breeze rustling the petals and playfully whipping her robe.

Mabel inhaled, extending her arms as she allowed the breeze to sweep her brown locks. After a moment of standing amidst the flowers, she retreated to Arkane's side, taking his hand and offering him a wide smile. "Thank you for bringing me here," she said. "It's so beautiful! I–I can hardly believe that anything so terrible could be this lovely."

A look of guilt fluttered across her expression, causing her to bite her lip and drop her gaze to the ground. "There's another reason I wanted to get away from the campsite," she admitted. "I wanted to ask you a question. Have you, well, ever been torn between duty and your own agenda? Is there anything that you have so greatly wanted, only you cannot pursue it because of your dedication to your court? What would you do?

"Because, I, well, I am finding myself in this position. Please, please don't tell anyone, but . . . . I think I may love someone."

As if this was not already obvious to Arkane.

Arkane watched, arms hidden in his long sleeves as she enjoyed the sight of the flower patch. It only concurred further that her experience of the world outside the walls of Sanctus Heights was limited. She had been within the wall of the city for as long as she probably lived. It was rather sad, actually. He watched her take his hand, watching her with a confused expression. "No problem." He said. "Beauty is within the eye of the beholder. Not all see the beauty in the same way." He mused, watching her expression fall. Oh? So he was brought over for guidance? Him? Guidance? Had she met him or...? Regardless, he listened as she confessed the obvious. He sighed. "You say you think. But it is obvious that you do, Mabel. You think yourself as sneaky, but you do not hide your expressions well. Everyone can tell what you may be thinking or feeling with much too ease. Especially your feelings for the Vivifica Mage." He scolded, somewhat. He crossed his arms, thinking of the question some more. She did not have ways of interaction either, it would seem. "Of course, Mabel. Everyone in any position of power suffers from the same dilemma. Court mages have to find a balance between their morality, and their orders." He explained, staring at her. "It is a choice that only you can do. It is you who must decide what is more important. Your duty, or your personal agenda. From what I have seen you have never had a choice in this, Mabel. All you have done and will do has been decided for you before you even knew of the problem. You have taken pride in your duty but only as a pawn for others to dictate. Of course you have had your own choices, but all settled before you from ahead of time...in my opinion you are conflicted because you know that you will have to make the decision on whether you follow your feelings or you follow the path you are expected to. Whether you live your own life, or you disappoint those around you."

–Mabel, seeking the wise counsel of Arkane–

Mabel searched Arkane's face as he spoke, seeking some sort of validation or concrete answer as to what she should do, and yet . . . there was none. He was enabling the young woman to seek out what was right for her, to make her own independent decisions separate from that which others enforced on her. And thus, he would not be enforcing his own opinion on her, perhaps not even if she suggested it. She clenched her fists tightly to her sides.

"You make it sound so easy," she murmured. "But it is so hard, Arkane. I have made vows, promises to the gods and to the people. I must be completely devoted to my role as the high priestess. There are serious repercussions if I break these vows, but above all else I am scared. Scared to do wrong, and scared to disappoint." She turned her face away toward the flower patch. "All my life I have lived to serve, to please others and always place my own wishes aside. I had no say when I was ripped from my mother, and no say when the life of the priestess was forced on me. These unknown feelings, actually caring for someone . . . it's terrifying."

A tear rolled down her cheek and beaded at her slender pointed chin. "I am sorry for troubling you with this, Arkane. I know that we haven't known each other long, but out of everyone here, besides Jynn, I feel that I can trust you. And I can't talk to Jynn about this because, well, it's obvious. He's emotionally and personally involved, and I fear if he understood my conflict that he might make my decision easy and do something that I don't want."

It did surprise her, however, when Arkane explained that her expressions were clear for others to see, despite her efforts to mask them. "I'm sorry," was her response as she shook her head. "I really am trying, but I have never been good with secrets. It just isn't me, yet I know that I need to do better."

After a moment's pause and tentatively watching the Umbra mage, she asked tentatively. "It seems that you understand, that you can really relate to where I am. Have you . . . . I mean, did you . . . ?" She could not figure out how to phrase her question, and partially felt like she was treading on ground that would not be appropriate to broach. She shook her head and apologized yet again. "I'm very sorry. I just . . . feel so guilty, and so terrible. I am seeking some kind of validation so that I can accept these feelings, but in doing so I am being selfish and putting you on the spot. Please forgive me."

Arkane stared, slowly sighing. He approached her, before placing a hand on her head. He rubbed her head, almost like one would do a child or a puppy. "Mabel." He began. "That is just it. You are a human." He explained. He looked around, finding a way to explain. "You were chosen to follow a path paved for you. s you say, you had never had a choice. You were taken from birth, you took the vows, you have taken your duty seriously for all of your life. You have lived to serve those around you and to be selfless. What can I say about that? You had the bad end of a stick. You got a shitty start and no one in the right mind would ever wish to have your position. But you forget that you are not this godly being without sins. That you were not born from the mountains or some sacred ground. You are human, Mabel. You feel. You hurt. You suffer. You love. You hate. What is so wrong with being human?" He asked. He picked up one of the flowers, showing it to her. "You are blaming yourself for something you have not fault in. It is like a flower blaming itself for attracting people and beings. It cannot help itself. It was born that way. What can it possibly do? It can grow poisonous bulbs to protect itself from predators and herbivores. But the butterflies and the bees will still come. You can cry yourself to sleep, and think of what can be the right answer for years to come. But in the end, no matter what you choose, whether you accept what you feel, or deny it, you will always look back to it and wonder what could it have been to make another choice." He looked up at the flowers, staring at the scarlet shade.

"...I have only had three people in my life who I have truly loved. Two of them were my parents. The third one did not live long enough to now of my feelings towards him." He began. "He was a lovely person. He was kind, gentle, and loved life. Every time I went to see him I loved him more than the last. Every time I told myself i would tell him that I love him. But I always put it off. I got nervous, I would say next time I definitely will. Then one day, the next time never arrived. Because he was gone. I have always wondered what it could have been had I confessed the first time I thought about it. Or the second, or the third. Would I have been able to prevent his death? Would I have just loved him and still lose him? Would he had never loved me back? These are answers I will never know." He turned to Mabel, offering her the flower. "Mabel. We all make choices in this life, but in the end, it is our choices that make us. Are there good and bad choices? Yes, at times. Is there always a good and bad choice? Not always. Do we always make the best choice? Not always. Because if we could, there would be no war, or anger, or death. It would be paradise. But this is a mortal world. Whatever you choose will have consequences, Mabel. It is merely a matter of choosing the lesser devil." He reached over and wiped away some tears away from her cheek, drying them with his sleeve.

"You are only human, Mabel. You should not blame yourself for something that cannot be avoided. Love, hate, pain, it is all that makes life what it is. We only have one life. It is up to you to decide what you do with it, and suffer the consequences that come from it. That is both the gift and the curse of free will." He moved some hair away from her face, placing it behind her ear and placing the flower on her ear. "No birds learn to fly without getting a few bumps first."

Jynn and Morpha - Vita River

All the maesters begin their assault, Morpha takes this opportunity to materialize a dark orb around her, acting as a shield. Gerik’s tendrils wrap around the sphere, and the ice from Nero’s barrier start to barrage it in the form of needles, Daruk smashes the tree on top of the orb, and Henry attempts to weaken her power with light, while simultaneously strengthening everyone’s attacks. After the onslaught, it went quiet. It seemed like everyone’s participation had eliminated the threat...... or so it seems. Jynn notices an aura still illuminating from the chaotic aftermath. “She’s not done yet........”

Suddenly, a purplish light emits from the cracks of the debris, along with a deep hum. It gets brighter and louder, before suddenly a dark explosion sends all of the debris towards the mages. Jynn creates a shield around everyone in response to the unsettling noise, as well as the flying chunks of wood. The shrapnel pounds the shields for a few moments, before the dust settles, and reveals Morpha, seemingly unscathed. She wipes some dust off of her coat. Blast. She has the strength to take on two mages, but she was surrounded by three maesters, two mages, and a shapeshifter. Despite being in possession of Itika, she was still outmatched.

“Well. You’ve all been a delightful crowd. However, it is time that I take my leave. That being said, allow me to leave you with a parting gift!” She snaps her fingers and calls forth eight clones before seemingly disappearing, using the shadows of the trees to make her escape. The clones then begin to attack, each aiming at different mages.

Clone #1 takes aim at Nero, dashing towards the maestra, and fires two pistols at her. Clone #3 focuses on Daruk, using its speed, attempting to deliver quick, but strong blows to the Ignis maester. Clone #4 sets its sights on Gerik, using the shadows to close the gap, with a knife aimed for his throat. Clone #5 rushes towards Henry, and dives in the ground in front of him, using the trees’ shadow to emerge behind him, with a pistol ready to fire at his skull. The rest focus on Jynn and Yael.

One clone foolishly jumps to Jynn, ready to bring its sword down on his head, but Jynn listens carefully, parrying its blade, and thrusting his sword at the fiend’s stomach, stabbing it. Meanwhile, the two others are taken by surprise by Jynn’s gelding, Mel. He grabs one by its leg and smashes it into the other one, knocking it unconscious. The one in his jaws would be thrown on the ground, with it desperately crawling away for its life, but to no avail. Mel bites down on its neck, using his canines to strangle it. His jaw strength emits a loud snap from the clone, killing it.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, along Vita River fighting shadow clones -

For a moment all was quiet, stifled under the crash of his trees. Daruk managed a grin at the thought of a simple orb of darkness shrugging off his mighty tree. Impossible. Impractical without having a gifted ability to project an aegis, and yet somehow this was the case. An explosion crackled out, and his mighty weapon, perhaps hundreds of years old, was now no longer one piece of solid tree, but several. He did not have to worry much about the explosion, a fiery sheen popping free from his sweat glands as he was going to project an explosion from all of himself, but Jynn's shield was enough to keep the debris off of him. For someone with his eyes cut, he had an astute visual of the battlefield, it seemed.

Next up: clones. Daruk frowned, mostly in annoyance, and somewhat in the wasted potential of its use. Their movements were shoddy, especially his one, which tried to attack him with speedy and forceful punches and kicks. He took as many punches as he liked like a champ, fiery aura maintained. If anything, it would do more harm to the clone than to him, but after five or six blows he attempted a coup de grace by catching the girl's fist with his large hand and attempting to thrust the clone backward. Successful, she plunged onto her buttocks and into range of his vertically slashing weapon. With the claymore drawn from behind his back and caught in a firm grip, he brought it down over his foe and bifurcated the clone.

"A shame to ruin such beauty," he commented, shaking his head and withdrawing his blade, "but such beauty was ruined ever since she got that foul attitude. That, and it's a clone. I have nothing to worry about. Ha!"

Last edited:
- Yael - Unaffiliated - Vita River -
The clones would be aiming at Jynn and at Yael, but he knew better than to underestimate the Vivifica mage. As the clones reached out to grab a hold of him, Yael charged. As the cline tried to slash across him, the shapeshifter side stepped to the side, charging forward. Claws swung across the clone's face and neck, digging into the skin with ease. The force alone would break into bone. The fanrir slammed his paw against the clone's neck as he slammed it against the ground, snapping its neck. He snapped his eyes back as he heard the footsteps of another clone charging at him from behind. He quickly turned around charging with all of his force to tackle the clone down. The clone struggled, aiming to stab at Yael. Whether it managed to stab him or not, Yael did not move. The clone could only look up in horror as Yael opened its jaws, biting down into the neck and head. The screams were muffled out by the sound of skin ripping and bone cracking, Yael pressing down on the body as he pulled on the head, forcefully separating them with a loud snap. With the head in his mouth, sharpened canines bit down with ease, crushing the skull. The sound of bone shattering and brain matter splattering drowned out the sound of fighting, Yael chewing it down as he arched his head up. Hair and all, he ate it. All of it that did not fall down his lips and through his teeth. He opened his mouth, saliva mixing with blood as his attention turned to the culprit. He ran off to try and catch up to her ,out to kill, although he did not know if he could.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita River -

Three direct attacks from three of the four maesters of the courts and she was still alive. Nero was impressed and surprised about the current situation. Jynn had done well in providing backup in the form of shields against the debris, but now? now it was time to counter the rogue umbra mage.

"Oh no, you won't!" Nero yelled.

Just as she was about to run towards Morpha she had to quickly jump to the side as two bullets came close to make contact with her. Now she could see more of the Umbra mage, clones, and one of them had tried to shoot her.

"You do know that, no matter what, you will be forced to live your life hiding, being careful about not being found, right?" Nero said as she took a battle stance, "I have no interest in a copy. Not when the real one is still close."

The clone then would run towards the Maestra, emptying both guns on a newly created barrier made by Nero, a couple of them managing to break through and graze her skin, before jumping over the barrier and landing behind the Maestra and raising her hand just in time to block a direct blow to her head, courtesy of Nero's staff. The clone then would push the staff away and attempt to punch Nero on the face, only for the Maestra to duck away and quickly make an uppercut, sending the Morpha clone stumbling backwards, blood coming from her nose.

"Taking me out won't that easy, but the more you interfere, the higher the chances of your original to get away," Nero said in an eerily calm and chill tone.

Morpha's clone then would run towards the Maestra again, making a blade made of shadow and attempting to stab the rather calm Maestra. Just as the blade was about to make contact with the Maestra's chest, close to where her heart would be, the blade stopped mere inches away, and the clone stood still, no longer making any moves. Her face looked quite surprised, she was not hurt, and the blue-haired woman was not making any handsigns or verbally casting a spell, she didn't know what was going on. And she still didn't knew, even when the sudden jolt of pain came, along with a silent scream.

"I am not in the mood to keep this up, duplicate. The original is more important," she said while noticing the clone's confusion, "are you, perhaps, wondering why is it that you can't move? this is something that I learned when I was at sea, back when I. . ."

Thanks to Nero's ice barrier blocking the way, no one would notice when the limbs of the clone twisted in an unnatural way, one by one, making faint popping sounds, yet still unable to really yell in pain. Perhaps it was the pain, or as much pain a clone could feel, but she could swore that she could see a faint silhouette behind the Somnum Maestra, a faint shadowy presence, ancient, and hungry. Looking at her, staring, ready to devour her whole.

"I would ask how and from who did you managed to get your hands on Itika, but I'm sure you wouldn't be kind enough to cooperate. So, I will end this and see if your original is still close and is more, um, willing to give some answers. Goodbye."

With a final snapping sound, the neck of the clone was snapped and it's body fell limply on the ground. The Maestra's injuries were not life threatening so she didn't attempted to heal them, for now. Instead, she followed the shapeshifter in an attempt to catch up with the rogue mage.

–Vita River–

A startled look flickered through Mabel's eyes as Arkane attempted to comfort her, skin growing cold from the inside out. Eventually she closed her eyes painfully, bowing her head. "I know that you are trying to help, and I thank you, but . . . to judge whether I am right or wrong would be nearly impossible, as you do not know the full extent of the situation that I am faced with, nor can I really discuss it all. I'm sorry."

You don't know everything about me, she thought somberly, though she didn't elaborate. Instead, her thoughts were shifted toward Arkane, as he retold the tale of his past love, ending in a rather tragic tale. She bit her lip, gaze nervously searching the ground for something that didn't exist.

"Oh," she said, uncertain how to proceed. "I'm . . . so sorry. I had no idea. I shouldn't have brought up such painful memories." She looked up at him. How does one handle such a situation? Sadly, the priestess had such little experience when it came to social interactions. "I do hope that, one day, you can find love again. While your first love will never be forgotten or replaced, I am sure that he would want you to find happiness and joy in another."

Mabel wasn't certain if her words would help or hinder the situation, but she tried her best to comfort the mage.

Rustling ahead and the snap of a twig arrested the priestess' attention, causing her to grasp at Arkane's upper arm nervously, glancing in the direction of the noise. After more rustling within the bushes, a tall pale-haired man emerged. Arkane would likely recognize him as Vaan, the bandit that was spared by Pali during the raid, and recruited by Maester Gerik to be his eyes and ears of the Ebon Flame. He blinked, glancing toward the High Priestess, before moving his gaze in Arkane's direction, recognition lighting his eyes.

"Ah, Umbra mage!" Vaan waved, approaching the two, treading on the flowers without a care and causing Mabel to let out an audible gasp. "Fair lady. Greetings to you both! I bear news for Maester Lockford; is he nearby, perchance?"

Mabel stood her ground, though Arkane could likely discern that she was nervous, still gripping his arm concernedly.

–Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral Breakfast room–
Xion136 Xion136 , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Thanny Thanny , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

An exasperated sigh escaped Everyth as she unfolded her arms from across her chest, standing up straight while placing a hand on her hip. "You are not the boss of us," she informed Vincent impatiently. "While I understand you want teamwork and cooperation among all the courts, we are under no obligation to answer to you. The four courts are separate for a reason."

With that she moved past several mages, striding past Kagura and Jari's table before leaving the meeting room, shoulders lowering in seeming defeat. She shot one final glance in the direction of the breakfast hall, glancing toward Soren (if he were present), before dropping her gaze to the floor and leaving.

Meanwhile, Elia lifted her head from her arms on the table and glanced at Vincent as he approached. She blinked. "A safe?" she inquired, though let out a sigh as her fate was being determined by Vincent and Diane yet again. "Okay, I guess it's not like I really have a choice in all of this."

She leapt up, stretching from side to side before turning toward Diane. "Do you know what happened to my sister? Is she safe?"

The raven-haired girl would proceed to follow Vincent and Diane meekly, piping up once more when Diane mentioned her father's condition. "I know that you both know that I can heal," she said, voice low so that only the two could hear her. "Please, let me go to him. I want to at least try to help him."

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral - Dinning Hall -
Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

The Umbra mage looked as Everyth left the room, she had an air of defeat around her, there was something hidden inside her mind, but at this point Diane had no to time to worry about mages of her own court. There was something in Elia's voice that made Diane stare at her for a few seconds. It seemed that she was not all that excited to continue with their own objective.

"You do have a choice. You can stay in here and wait until we are done with what your father asked us to do," Diane said calmly, "or you can come with us and help us understand what your father is trying to tell us."

If that would help the young mage, Diane didn't know, but it was the truth, at least. Elia then asked about the fate of her sister, but Diane had been more interested in the blue-haired man and she didn't really looked around the tabern.

"I'm afraid that I do not know the whereabouts of your sister, Elia. My priority was to save your father from the individual that was attacking him, and so I was not aware of any others patrons in the tavern," she said, "and I had to cause a scene when I left so, whatever happened after that, I do not know."

For some reason, or perhaps because untrained mages weren't accepted, Elia revealed that she knew that they knew that she could heal, and asked if she could be taken to the Lieutenant in order to help him heal. This, while possible, was less of a priority for the Lich at the moment.

"I could take you there. Right now, in fact. But the more time we waste, the more chances the blue-haired man has to cause further chaos. I already lost time while making sure that your father was safe, and he is, but what if this strange individual is planning to retrieve whatever is in that safe in your father's office?" Diane asked Elia, "your father wanted to protect you, Elia. He told the blue-haired man that you were going to be accused of the automaton incident, that that couldn't be allowed. We need to understand what your father was trying to tell us, and whatever is in that safe is the key. I promise that I will take you to your father, but can you wait until we retrieve whatever is inside that safe? Please?"

Something in Diane's voice changed for a quick moment. The tone of her voice was not emotionless or cold, it sounded more caring, motherly even. This was going to be a long day.

Arkane hummed. Why ask for opinions when you will deafen my words? He did not say it out loud, of course. "Whatever you choose, it will be your choices that shall make you and who you are." He reminded her. He listened to her apology, and he shrugged. "No need to apologize. To ignore such memories would be to ignore reality. We must learn from our mistakes. The past exists for us to prevent the same mistakes in the future...besides, if my parents were alive...they would most definitely be scolding me for so...so many things." He mused. He could hear his mother scolding him on using bodies for experimentation without giving it proper burial rights, and his father scolding him for being such an ass to people at times. He had to admit that such thoughts were actually rather comforting, in the end. Of what could have been. "We should return. Would you like to bring flowers with you-" He froze when he heard the snapping of branches. He could feel Mabel's grip tighten on his sleeve, and Arkane instinctively stood in front of her, standing between the two. He recognized the man, much to his disappointment and dismay. "Ugh, it is you." He scowled. Why couldn't Lockford just threw him into crocodile infected waters and say sike. "I had hoped that you dropped dead somewhere for dogs to eat your remains." He said much to sincerely. Bastard even stepped on the flowers. What a prick. He raised his hand, pointing at the camp. "Maester Gerik is by the campfire, if you have not noticed the large carriages." He said, staring at him. "Move along now."

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral: Breakfast Hall Meeting -
Vincent listened to the two as they spoke. He turned to Elia and nodded in agreement to what Diane spoke. "Elia. Your father has put his life on the line. We understand your concern and worry. But we must insist on you to help us on this. It will be quick." He insisted. Whatever Elia's answer would be, Vincent took it as a yes regardless. He suddenly picked up Elia and threw her over his shoulder, holding her there as he looked at Diane. "Let us get going." He said, proceeding to kidnap Elia while he headed out of the Breakfast Hall. "Come on, Diane. Let us not waste time. The world keeps turning!" He spoke, walking off as he looked up at Elia. "Do not worry we will be quick." He insisted, heading out of the cathedral and heading straight to the police station, ignoring any weird looks their way.

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Vita River

Though Nero and Yael were quick to eliminate the clones and pursue Morpha, they were too late. The rogue mage has already fled deep into the forest, where the foliage was dense, and had a lot of shadows.

Mel quickly strides to Jynn, and starts to tend to his wounds, licking off streaks of blood from the mage’s face. The bleeding has stopped, making Jynn feel comfortable to open his blind eyes. They were incredibly pale, no longer the brilliant blue they once were. Mel finishes his cleaning, though, there were still some stains that needed a little more than saliva to get off.

Jynn pats his horse on the muzzle. He was still a force to be reckoned with, even though he’s blind. But right now, he needed the protection of the whole caravan, especially since he now has to learn to adapt to losing his sight. Knowing this, he withdraws his sword, and announces his next intention. “I must retreat for now.” He places a hand on Melstrome’s shoulder, so he has a pair of eyes helping him. “Lead me to the camp.”

As they trot towards the camp, Jynn starts to worry. “Mabel is not going to be happy when she sees my situation...... She’ll lose her mind.”

Shortly after, they pass around the flower patch where Mabel, Arkane, and Vaan stood. Jynn starts to become increasingly nervous. He keeps his head straight, and keeps moving, though the blood stains on his cheeks were definitely an obvious sign that something was not right, if any of them were paying attention. But his cover is blown, as he trips over a stone he did not notice, landing on his knees with a hard thud.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Elrandir Elrandir Scrapmaster Scrapmaster RikuXIII RikuXIII Xion136 Xion136 Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Thanny Thanny

Last edited:
- Yael - Unaffiliated - Vita River -
Yael chased after the umbra mage, but she disappeared among the shadows of the forest. He tried to sniff her out, but he found himself unable to track her down. He growled, shaking his head. He continued to circle the area for a bit, searching for any remaining scent. Nothing. Well now he was hungry and angry. He glanced over at the maestra as she had followed after the girl as well. "I lost the scent." He hissed, turning away. He hurried back to return to Jynn. It did not take long to find him; he could smell the blood. He followed from a distance, not wanting to startle Mel. But as he tripped and fell on his knees, Yael quickened his steps. He approached Jynn and leaned down, licking the blood off his cheeks. "Jynn. You need a healer to stop the bleeding." He whispered, offering his head as support to help him stand back up. He pretty much ignored Arkane and Mabel. He knew that sh*t was about to go down pretty god damn quickly.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Vita River -

Nero did her best to keep up with the mysterious shapeshifter, but even with the two of them, they couldn't keep up with the rogue umbra mage, and the trail was lost after not so long. The Maestra kept looking around after Yael stopped, just in case another surprise attack came out of nowhere, but it never came.

"That's unfortunate, but there is nothing else we can do about her. Only keep our eyes open for any future attempt from her," she said before looking away from Yael and huffing in annoyance, "damn it."

With no other mean of tracking Morpha, Nero followed Yael back, the clones would probably had been taken care of at that point. It was good to see the Vivifica heir walking back to the camp, so she walked at a distance from him. This was going to create some complications in the future, that was for sure. Said complications didn't took much time to become apparent. Not as Jynn tripped over a stone on the ground and landing on his knees. Yael was the first one to rush to help him. Nero following closely behind.

"Do not try to pretend to be fine, Mister Venas. It makes it more obvious that things are wrong. What happened a few minutes ago will have repercussions for the rest of your life," Nero said as she grabbed Jynn's arm and helped him to get up before guiding him back to camp, not without first looking at his eyes, "healing magic can do wonders, Mister Venas, but it is not some miracle art that can cure and repair everything, there are limitations. I can heal your eyes, yes, but no magic will be able to make you regain your sight. Not without some . . . consequences, at least."

To one who knew the Maestra, that last comment would have sounded as if she was speaking from experience, but for the rest of the courts, it would mean nothing more than a passing comment about healing magic. Nero would find one empty spot near the campfire where Jynn would be able to take a seat, she would help him while mostly ignoring anyone else at the moment.

"Stay still, this will take some time. To everyone else, you should make sure that you are ready to resume our trip. Apparently, Mister Venas here has someone trailing him, someone with access to itika," Nero said as her hands made arcane patters in the air, her voice as calm as ever, "and that alone makes this rogue mage dangerous. The faster we leave this place, the better."

After making one last arcane pattern, Nero's hands began to glow faintly just as she touched Jynn's temples with the tips of her fingers, unleashing a wave of arcane healing energy to try and heal the Heir's eyes. Or at least heal them as much as magic allowed something to be healed.

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Breakfast

Eclaire accepted the bread roll with a soft smile. "Thank you, Feynne." She said. Her hand moved and took the girl's without hesitation as Makoto ran off, the Magus sticking there quietly...but she was ready, just in case the camp was attacked, her cat ears angled and scanning for danger.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Makoto Suzaku - Ignis - Battle with Morpha

The Brawler saw it all...then when the clone disappeared from in front of them, she kicked and spun, bringing her left arm around at the clone, a Blasting Glyph forming in front of her fist. "FIREBIRD BOLT HOOK." She roared, chakra surging and speeding her punch up. She had to form another glyph and create a small, controlled blast to change the trajectory of her punch, especially because she wasn't sure exactly where behind Henry the clone would appear. Oldest trick in the book, and one only fools fell for - and neither she nor Henry were fools. Her punch collided with the clone, a directed explosion tearing through it like a lightning bolt.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Eden Silvius - Umbra - Vita City

The former aristocrat adjusted her gown, tugging Isabelle with her. Keeping close behind Remy, and another eye on Ronin, the magus changed her appearance, her raven hair once more in place. She adopted an impassive look, keeping a bit behind Isabelle now, to appear as if she was a maidservant. Something she already was - and what better cover than her actual job.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - Sanctus Heighs Meeting

The boy didn't really notice Jari glancing or anything. Quiet, the boy had a few tremors going through him, his grip tightening. Not even paying attention now, Kagura was just....trying to process this. Mentally. Emotionally. it was all...all beyond him. He had killed - not monsters, but people. And...and he doubted anyone here even wondered if students had done that before. But now...here he was. Shaking. Trying to remain calm and not run out to throw up...
How could people kill if this was what it felt like?

Zion - Vivifica - Vivifica Temple

Zion relaxed as Aislinn stroked her cheek. She lightly pressed against the two fingers, her rapid panting starting to slow and stabilize. She listened to Aislinn intently...but nodded. Her head bowed a bit, hands clenched. She did not try and hide the confliction within her - she said she'd defend her people without hesitation, but to be asked to kidnap the Priestess, especially when she had said she had no want to spill blood, to harm anyone if avoidable...
"...I placed my trust in you, Aislinn." She finally said. "...Richter. I can distract them all. You must take the Priestess. I know of no one more suited to bringing her back unharmed. You are a knight and a gentleman, and for the Priestess I would say we cannot offer any less respect than that." She finally looked up. "I will retire, and rest. Recover, and recuperate. Richter, deploy scouts along the road and set up a signal system to alert us. I'll fly out once they are approaching by the road to slow them down." she said. "...I must go sleep." She pressed a hand to her head. "I've been flying hard for a day or so, only rested once or twice. It's been long and cold, and once I wake up I'm going to eat a lot. So...I should go." She patted Aislinn's shoulder and stumbled past her, panting still. "...gods I wish I could like, teleport." she mumbled, heading for her quarters.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

- Henry Heid - Ignis Heir - Vita River -

As everyone's attacks on Morpha came off without a hitch, it seemed as which the rogue mage was somewhat unaffected by all of their attacks after the dust had dissipated, maybe she had teleported out of the way or hid in the shadows, whatever the case was she had escaped, sending out several clones to deal with them in her escape. Yael went after her but failed to catch her, Nero and the others handled their clones.

One came at Henry, who already had enough of this crap as he readied a hammer in his right hand to throw, but seeing as the clone vanished, and reappeared behind him wit ha revolver cocked and ready to fire, the shot went off but Henry predicted it and had already maneuvered out of the way, leaning himself to the side and crouching, slamming the hammer into the clone's right leg, as Makoto punched the clone with her charged attack, dealing great damage and sending it flying, Henry activated his light as he dashed to where the clone was launched, the clone would be met with a sword slash cutting it in half as it flaw towards him, the now separated parts of the clone would ignite with light and explode in a flash of light.

Dismissing his sword, Henry looked over to Makoto and gave her a smile and a thumbs up, before motioning her to go back to camp with the others, in which he overhead Nero talking to Jynn about his condition.

"Honestly I don't know how you didn't lose your cool with that...it seemed as if you barely felt it at all." Henry commented, relaying what he saw from Jynn's actions.
"There's only so much healing magic can do, depending on how deep the wounds are..." Henry relented in continuing with his words further, as to not sound like a pessimist.

He accompanied the others back to camp without saying much, in all intents and purposes he felt as if he failed to protect someone.

Elrandir Elrandir Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Xion136 Xion136

- Richter Vanis - The Aether Mage - VIvifica court -

The realization that, Vivifica was now branded criminals and that the council had possibly sent a group to the court, possibly to exterminate them all of to retrieve Aislinn troubled him greatly, but Richter was not one to let emotions cloud his judgement, especially at times like these.

Richter stood silent as Zion relayed the information and looked at Aislinn with a neutral expression as she too told them what they should do. This was getting out of hand, not only was Aislinn more serious now she also spoke of "another side", something of which he had never heard before.

Zion spoke her piece and left, which Richter respected. Before he turned to his fellow mages who were most likely looking at the scene with confusion and panic. "My fellow mages, do not panic, nor fret, if you wish to leave, you are free to do so under these news, I will not blame you, those who wish to stay are also welcome to if you wish to help." Richter spoke, in a calm and endearing tone to his fellow mages, almost as if he had taken the burden on himself to see this through.

"Lady Aislinn, if I may offer an alternative method." Richter spoke, looking at Aislinn. "Should this group have Jynn, he could very well lead them here, whether he is a hostage or not a direct confrontation would be much too dangerous for both our mages and Jynn himself, especially if they send in a Maester or two" Richter began to speak, with a diplomatic and kind tone in his voice.

"I would suggest we do not attack, our reputation and image is at hand and attacking unprovoked would only serve to worsen and bring the courts even more against us as they are. What we could do instead...is welcome them into the court, and speak to them, diplomaticaly in the courtyard. They wish to see you, in which case you will not hide, and you will hold your ground." Richter offered this alternate idea, attacking would be too risky and a loss of life of their mages.

"They are less likely to attack if we welcome them into our home, and should the talk become violent...I will not let any harm come to you, or the high priestess...or anyone else of our court" Richter spoke to her, kindly and friendly as always. He wished to avoid bloodshed as much as possible.

Richter awaited for Aislinn's response to his plea.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136 RikuXIII RikuXIII HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Arno Cross - The Bounty Hunter - Viridian Villa -

"No pressure." Arno sarcasticaly commented with the realization that it was up to them to take the high priestess from a protected envoy of mages and save the world from herself and Invidia, well considering his career involved grandiose heists and bank robberies he couldn't really complain, he figured this was all karma from the universe wanting to mess with him again.

"Beggar...huh." Arno commented on Saffron's idea of being a roadside beggar, considering it. Staying silent for the rest of the meeting, before they headed off, leaving the inn and walking into the streets alongside his merry band of misfits.

"If they're heading to the Vivifican court then they would probably stop along the way, possibly by Vita city or close to the river." Arno began suggesting, low enough so that only his companions could hear, and Vaike too. "We can take the train to Vita city, and see where we go from there, possibly procure disguises." Arno said lighting a ciggarete and putting it in his mouth to smoke it.

"I figure this is the best time to ask, what can you do Vaike? I figure foresight wasn't your only magic ability." Arno asked him, blank and cold tone as always.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Last edited:
Quinn-Vivifica
She stopped for a moment. Contemplating the new information. Her eyes looked towards Valery. “Stay.... Ill take this mission on alone. They need mages like you. My mission Ive been given is info gathering and nothing moreIll do fine alone.” She then folds in her cloak and pulls up her hood. She then turns and leaves. She was good at masking her emotions and opinions however she couldn’t help as her mana swelled from her body. She left the confines of the court. The moment she reached the forest she knew so well the earth cracked beneath her. Churning the dirt till all that remainec around her was stone. “Mission before emotion... duty before self” she says to herself, turning back to look at the court before proceeding onwards towards Sanctus Heights. Now alone she would travel faster. The earth itself would propel her onwards. And the light would regenerate her mana. “Move me forwards.” She muttered as she slammed her foot into the ground and the stone below began to move across the ground. It was way faster than walking or a carriage but definitly not as fast as Lady Zion’s flight. This was the Earth rider technique.

Aquilla
She laid quietly in her bed as she watched Kolm leave. “No, Ill be quite fine.” She says with a small smile. “Ill just work on regaining my mana.” She moved to grab hold of the Gloscan Crystal around her neck. “Who knows, maybe Ill figure out how to conjure fire next time I see you.” She laughs.

Isabelle
The Umbral Mage may have been a noble but she had no clue how to act around servants. If anyone know how to act around them it was her brother who was catered hand and foot without question. So in the end she looked awkward as hell. “Miss Eden. What should we be doing? If i get a choice, then a bite to eat would be nice.” She says nervously unsure how she should ask things of other mages.

Saff
“So we have a plan then?” The ferromancer crossed her arms. “If so, Im ready to take down some court mages” she sat up looking at the others as the sphere of razor wind dispersed into nothingness. Her eyes then settled on Vaike as the question of his capabilities came up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back