• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
- Thea Nero - Sanctus Heights - The Grand Cathedral: Infirmary -

To any person who saw the Maestra at this point, they would say that she was the very image of calmness. The truth, however, was that she was very nervous to enter the room. She waited for a moment before a familiar voice responded. Taking a deep breath, the Maestra opened the door and entered the Infirmary. The first thing she noticed was the two girls in the room. The black haired one with her left arm bandaged, and the one in bed, one she barely recognized, yet she was so familiar.

"Good morning, Miss Anistar. I hope that you are well after the events of last night," Nero said as she looked at the black haired girl, "I'm so sorry, let me introduce myself. I am Thea Nero, Maestra of the Court of Somnum, it is a pleasure to meet you."

The Maestra offered her hand to the girl for a handshake, her eyes lingering on her arm for a moment, she then turned to look at Aquilla.

"I learned that you were in the city thanks to one of your fellow mages, and Maester Daruk confirmed that you were indeed here," the Professor said as she looked at Aquilla, "After I learned that you were in the infirmary, I had to know how you were and so I decided to make a quick visit before the meeting."

Nero watched Aquilla for a few seconds, taking notice of any possible injury or sign of pain Aquilla could have.

"Look at you, Miss Anistar, a full fledged mage from the Court of Ignis. As your former Maestra I have to say that I am quite proud about what you have archived after all this time," Nero said as she bowed slightly towards Aquilla, "Also, I would like to apologize for failing you. It seems that, despite my best efforts, I was not able to provide a good environment and education for a great student such as yourself."

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Aquilla-Ignis- Infirmary
Aquilla slowly shook her head. “I appreciate you showing up and I must thank you for your kind words. But you shouldn’t feel like you failed me. That is because. . . You were never my Maestra. I never joined Somnum officially. My parents were part of it, But I was not. I simply failed myself and them, not you. Much like I did last night.” She smiled nervously, hiding something behind her words. Perhaps a feeling of failure. “B-But speaking of them...how are my parents? I did up and leave one night with no words with them about it.”

Elrandir Elrandir

Last edited:

"Regardless if you were officially part of the court or not, I think things could have been better had I been better at my job. I did not had much experience in handling the matters of the court at the time, and I am sure there is a lot more I can learn yet," Nero said to Aquilla, "those with the potential need to have a place to learn, no matter how "weak" or "strong" their potential is, and ever since I became the maestra I've been trying to improve the quality of our education in the arcane and technological arts. Cooperation between mages and those without magic is key. I know it can take a long time, but it is something I will work on while I am the head of the Somnum Court."

Nero did notice a hint of something behind Aquilla's words, some hidden meaning.

"I do not think you failed anyone last night, Miss Anistar. I think we all did our best to control the situation. Things could have been much worse if Ignis hadn't been on the city," the Maestra said as she walked closer to the bed, "Your actions, and those of your court, helped save hundreds, if not thousands, of lives and you should be proud of yourself. As for your parents, well, I see them from time to time around the court, same with your siblings, but I am flooded with paperwork most of the time that having time to have a proper conversation can be difficult.

The Maestra walked towards the closest window to look at the city, she remained quiet for a few seconds.

"But enough about me. What about you, Miss Anistar? What have you done ever since you joined the Court of Ignis? Their speciality with the fire element is above all others, and, if I remember correctly, you had potential to wield both Ice AND Fire based magic."

Last edited:
Aquilla-Ignis-Cathedral-Infirmary

Aquilla looked at her lap. “So their thoughts on my actions are unclear... if you see them, don’t tell them that you found me. Im not ready to try and prove myself to them.” She looked back up at Nero. “As for my magic, I found that I can do both...Fire and Ice. However my body still suffers backlash from my ice magic without the help of my fire magic. Worse yet... I need prexisting flame to even use my fire magic.”

Aquilla lets out a small sigh. “I guess you can say my body is trying to refuse magic with all of its strength. While my mind is trying to let it in.”

Elrandir Elrandir

Last edited:

"I will do as you asked, but I feel that it would be better if you let your parents know that, at least, you are well, even if you do not tell them your whereabouts or that you are part of the Ignis Court," the Maestra said, "I'm sure that your parents and siblings must be worried about you. No parent would be selfish enough to not worry about their own child."

Try to prove herself to her parents? Could that be one of the reasons as to why Aquilla had left without any notice?

"Don't worry, I understand, and I won't pry for your reasons to leave your home, Miss Anistar," she said as she watched the young girl, "just knowing that you are fine after leaving without notice brings calm to my heart and mind."

Apparently, Aquilla was having backlashes from one of her elements, the current side effects unknown to the Maestra. There were many different ways one could suffer from magical backlashes, she had suffered from one last night, this could prove dangerous or even fatal for the mage suffering from it, depending on the side effects, and to those around in some cases. This gave the Maestra an idea. Her Gloscan Crystal, it served as a booster and container for raw magical power. With enough time one individual could attune to the crystal and make them their own. Nero took out the tear-shaped crystal from a pocket in her shirt and looked at it, a small amount of arcane energy still swirling inside.

"This, Miss Anistar, is a Gloscan Crystal, it is a crystal created for each individual to serve as a container for mana and a booster for their spells. For instance, it currently holds a little bit of healing magic left from last night. Here," Nero said as she put the crystal on Aquilla's hand, "keep it with yourself, the healing properties will naturally flow into your body and heal you of any injuries that you still have from last night. Once the magic is spent then it will be ready to accept more mana, that way you can focus your own magic and store it inside the crystal, this will allow you to keep it contained for later use to boost your own spells. With enough time I am sure the crystal will attune itself to you and your own mana, that way the burden that the ice element puts on your body could be lessened by the crystal and the backlashes would be less frequent, even naturally absorbing the excess magic in your body once it's fully attuned to you. Think of it as a gift from me to you for being able to join the Court of Ignis."

Aquilla-Ignis- Infirmary

Aquilla looked at the crystal nervously. “Um...t-thank you Maestra. But I dont know the first thing about complex magic items. I don’t know attuning or charging, or even proper care taking.” She shifts. Staring at the healing magic that was held within the crystal. She looked almost soothed by it.

Elrandir Elrandir

"Think nothing of it, Miss Anistar, it is, like I said, a gift from me to you," The Professor said.

Apparently, Aquilla had no idea how to attune or charge the crystal, this was not surprising, in fact, she kinda was expecting something similar to happen.

"Do not worry, I understand. To store arcane energy into the crystal you need to direct the mana flow from your being into the crystal. Think of it this way, if you cast a spell, the mana inside your body is released to have an effect on the world around you, instead of allowing the mana to release in such way, you have to concentrate in directing it inside the crystal. Something like this."

Nero reached her hand towards the hand in which Aquilla was holding the crystal, she closed her eyes and relaxed, feeling the flow of the arcane energy inside her body. From the palm of her hand multiple faint greenish blue strands of energy began to float towards the Gloscan Crystal. Nero was focusing on releasing mana for healing purposes. She kept doing that for around a minute or two before stopping.

"As you can see, instead of focusing on releasing the mana through a spell, I allowed said mana to flow directly into the crystal to be stored. It will take some time to get used to such process if you are not familiar with it, but I am sure you will be able to do it with enough practice," she said calmly, "As for the crystal attuning itself to you, well, the more it holds your magic essense the more it will get used to hold it, once attuned it will absorb any excess of your magic by itself. You will know when that happen, the crystal will change its shape into something that reflects your inner self."

The Maestra looked at her pocket watch and realized that it was almost time for the meeting. She looked at Aquilla and bowed slightly.

"Well, it seems that my time has run out. It is almost time for the meeting to start and I need to be present. It was nice to see you once more, Miss Anistar. A huge burden has been lifted from my heart. Well, I hope you get well soon, and if you ever feel the need to return to Somnum, know that you are always welcomed," Nero said while smiling, she then turned to look at Fyenne, "before I go, would you like me to cast some healing of you? That way your injuries would heal faster."

Whether the girl accepted the offer of some healing or not, the Maestra would leave the infirmary soon and make her way to the meeting room afterwards. She didn't wanted to be late to the meeting, after all.

{Anya Alighieri - Ignis Court: Sanctus Heights; Cathedral Cafeteria}
Anya leaned back as Arun offered his two cents worth. It would be good for Incarose to hear how others controlled their fires. Maybe something would click for her. Maybe leaving her with Nero and Somnum would be better. But Nero pipped in, encouraging Incarose to joining Ignis, earning a grateful look from Anya.
"Birds of a feather flock together." She said with a smile, offering Incarose a hand. "Corny, I know, but that's the idea behind the courts. I'll help you, no matter what. And so will the rest of these Ignis ragamuffins."
She leaned back to see Daruk around his food.
"Hey, Daruk!" Anya called. "I'm taking on an apprentice. Expect the paper work when we get back home."
She turned back Incarose with a slightly more mischievous smile.
"As court Maester, its always good to keep Daruk in the loop."
Glancing out a window at the sun, Anya downed her tea, almost slamming the empty mug on the table.
"Yeah, we should probably mosey on to the meeting." She answered Incarose. "Afterwards, you and I are giving Aquilla a visit. There, I'll show you some of the non-destructive aspects of the Phoenix's Flame."

{Gerik Lockford - Umbra Court: Sanctus Heights; Central Square}
"That we're dealing with a sharp mind." Gerik answered absently. "Perhaps not the hand that carved it, but the one who set this in motion."
That was one of the reasons he doubted this was Vivifica's work. He didn't consider this to be in character for Aislinn. Though he hadn't expected her to break with the others courts as she did. Perhaps he underestimated her? Or someone else was pulling her strings?
"Yes, thank you, Diane." The Umbral Maester said, pulling himself out of his thoughts.
He paused as he considered Vincent's question.
"Likely." He answered. "Though the purpose of this meeting is how to deal with our wayward sister court. As the connection between this incident and that is currently circumstantial, it may be best to remain on task. Though, I do intend to return to get a better look, likely with some more of my mages, and a few colleagues from Somnum. You are more than welcome to join us."
Waving for Diane and Vincent to follow him, Gerik headed for the the meeting.

{Mako Koyl - Somnum Court: Sanctus Heights; Sleeping Quarters}
Jari's reaction to Vlad caught Mako by surprise. Admittedly, she didn't know Vlad very well. Maybe Jari had a bad experience with the guy? Still, a drink to settle her nerves was probably a good thing. It was 5 o'clock somewhere, right? Then the damn bell rung.
"Crap." Mako muttered.
"Well, we should still go after." She said louder for the other two. "This meeting sounds like a downer."
She gave Jari a quick look. What now? Compliment him?
"And you look good as is." Mako said.
"While he's in his PJs?" She nearly screamed in her mind.
"The buttons definitely tie it together." She added aloud, trying to dig up.
"That's not helping!" She thought.
Mako turned to Vlad, fighting a blush.
"So, read any good books lately?" She asked, desperate for a change in subject.
Once Jari was out and dressed, Mako fought the urge to give another compliment. That had gone so well last time.
"I..." she started then stopped. "Don't know either..."

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to meeting hall -

The girl seemed to completely ignore Arkane, and he was more than fine with that. Unwanted attention was not his style when it was unplanned, and her boundless energy exhausted him right out of the gate by merely existing. Whatever the case may be Ignis was stuck with her and he could not be more thankful of it. "Whether Vivifica shows up to the meeting or not, the situation at hand has shifted Eve so slightly due to the attack. Alas, the rhythm of the meeting shall go to whatever the priestess favors in the end." He moved some hair behind his ear as he spoke, his footsteps coming to a slower pace as they arrived to the meeting hall. His expression remained lax and unimpressed as the place was large enough for everyone, the maesters having the table and places for themselves to settle down and represent their courts. He would dismiss Hector, the dog disappearing within a hex of smoke and mirrors. "Today shall be a long one." He sighed, waving at Henry slightly. "I guess we will have to speak later? I would not wish to interrupt such a lively reunion." He said, hissing the word in the end slightly. He was annoyed that his attention was taken away from him, but not everything could go his way.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to meeting hall -

Upon hearing that Aquila was alright, and seeing the maester step away to visit her, Arun would feel relief on his shoulders. It had been a tough battle and it wore everyone out, including the maesters. It would seem that they would receive a new member to the court of Ignis, and Arun was more than happy to welcome the potential candidate with open arms. "You may find help in I as well. Although with Anya you are more than reassured to succeed in the taming of your flames." He mused, hands together as he listened about visiting Aquila. "May I come as well? I wish to see how she is doing. I did not get to see her last night after we returned from the city." He muttered, rubbing the back of his neck as he glanced at Incarose. He smiled and quickly noted. "Oh! We will get you fireproof clothing as well! The fabric itself is actually rather soft. They make pretty good bedding, too. Oh." Arun paused as he turned to Incarose. "How long have you discovered your flame?"

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to meeting hall -

"I also feel that this could have consequences should it be spread around like the fire that consumed the city. As much as I believe that it would do well to let them know information to be on the lookout, I worry it will cause panic, paranoia, and just make things worse for those investigating. Not to mention that the information could get out..." And possibly go the culprit itself. Walking away with Gerik when he noticed he spoke of a third person. He furrowed his brows, looking around as he saw no one. However around the third or fourth spin he swore he saw someone hiding withing the maesters shadow, and he jumped ever so slightly. Has she always been in there? Creepy! He cleared his throat and nodded at Gerik. "Most definitely. I wish to see what we faced against fully.p and come to an understanding." He would keep glancing at the shadow that followed Gerik like a puppy, thinking of whether to ask about it or not. He knew that Umbra court had all of these tricks on them that one could not easily explain. Although the same could be said for all of the courts. "...I am sorry if it is rude to ask;" he began, glancing at Diane. "But...are you a mage of Umbra as well?" He asked, watching her intently. It was creepy! How could she hide so well in the daylight.

- Henry Heid - Grand Cathedral - With Makoto and Arkane -

Henry's expression shifted in a multitude of ways as Makoto jumped onto his back for a piggyback ride, something she was all too keen on doing back at the court and when they were younger, especially when they were younger. Henry had a large and serious frown in his face which turned into a sigh of exasperation and soon his face turned into a neutral one of quiet acceptance, truly the face of a man who gave up at that situation.

"They sent you by yourself to hunt monsters?" Henry remarked worryingly. He knew Makoto was good, damn good, at fighting but sending a lone mage to fight around farmsteads was a bit weird. "Anyway, no sitting on my lap during the meeting! That'd be too embarrassing, even for me." He commented as he let out another sigh.
"I do appreciate the honesty though." He smiled back, he held no ill towards Makoto, she was by all intents and purposes his best freind in Ignis after all.

Henry's posture would twitch and become stiff for a split second as Makoto hugged him, her...breasts were pressing onto his back and that made him flush almost instantly, Arkane could easily notice the embarrassment Henry was going through, it was almost tangible. Even if Henry managed to keep his posture semi-steady.

Makoto's question about what he had been doing before did help him change the subject a bit and not embarrass himself further. "Well...I did blow up a huge mechanical dragon...but the costs were great." Henry answered truthfuly, not wanting to skirt any details from Makoto as his face saddened for a few seconds before cutting back to her quetion about Vivifica.

"One with the...hm, I think you mean the one with the wings?" Makoto's mention of Zion did surprise him a bit, he remembered who she was...but not the name specificaly.
"You know her name Arkane?" Henry asked the Umbra Necromancer if he knew it, trying to include him in the conversation.

"Let's just see the meeting through and see what we'l do." He replied to Makoto's spar request rather sheepishly.

Of course he had just then noticed Arkane waving towards him and saying his temporary goodbyes. "Hey, you're free to accompany us Arkane. Your company's appreciated." Henry told the mage, whether this was a call for help not to be left alone with Makoto or not was indiscernable, but his tone was genuinely nice and friendly.

Xion136 Xion136 Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Arno Cross - Viridian Villa -

An awkward silence would befall the room as Tibarn replied with his rather...dark joke, if that could even be considered a joke anyway. "And I thought I had a rotten sense of humor." Arno teased back sarcasticaly, not really meaning what he said and Tibarn would possibly know that.

Arno scoffed somewhat at the mention that Tibarn lost track of time after the second pint of drinking, ever the lightweight. Turning his head somewhat to look at him as he mentioned Sanctus, before turning back and looking back at the window.

"Sanctus, the biggest citty in our world, a wealth of culture and riches unimaginable by any other...this also means that corruption runs deep within its gear." Arno gave a brief, but rather insightful outlook on Sanctus. While indeed Sanctus was a rich and gigantic town, it still had its dark sides, all towns do. "Shame about the incident, the people didn't deserve that". Arno finished, solemnly.

"Where's Gabriel." Arno asked, with a mix of seriousness and curiosity.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

- Vlad - The Shadow Man of Somnus - Grand Cathedral -

Vlad looked over Mako's remarks and reactions as she spoke to Jari.
"You saying that out of courtesy...or do you like to see him in his Pijamas?" Vlad teased Mako with a sly grin in his face, taking the perfect opportunity to do so with Mako's awkward remarks.

"Well, we can still go for a few pints before the meeting, im sure dear old Thea Nero won't mind our absence." Vlad remarked seriously, he totally mean it, if it was up to him they'd march up to the meeting while wasted to ensue mayhem on an otherwise serious talk.

"Heh, not really, no. Haven't taken a book to read in a while." Vlad commented. "Been too busy with work!" Vlad added. As he brought a hand to his chin as they both said they didn't know exactly where the meeting room was.
"Let me take care of that." Vlad spoke, raising a finger in the air as if he had an epiphany. As he sunk into the ground into a pool of shadows with an audible 'gloop' sound as he did so.

A few seconds later Vlad would re-emerge. "I know the way now, follow me, lovebirds." Vlad teased.

Thanny Thanny RikuXIII RikuXIII

- Incarose Vassar - Sanctus Heights - The Grand Cathedral - Dining Saloon -

Incarose listened to Anya, it made her happy that she said that she was going to help her, even making her her apprentice, same as with the rest of Ignis. The way she spoke to the Ignis Maester surprised Incarose, the Maester looked like a jolly individual, one of the reasons Incarose was slightly nervous to be around him, at least for now. Anya then said that they were going to go visit this Aquilla to the infirmary, Arun wanted to go as well.

"Thank you, both of you. I will do my best to learn to control this power that lies within me," she said while looking at her hands.

Fire proof clothing? She had heard about that kind of garments, but she had been unable to get enough money to buy even a piece of it.

"Thank you, I am sure the fireproof clothing will be very useful. I tried to save some coin to buy a set, but, sadly, ther are somewhat expensive outside of the courts," she said while looking at Arun, "As for my power, well, I realized that things getting caught on fire at random times was not exactly normal, but I guess I slowly realized what was going on. That was about 10 years ago, more or less. What about you guys? When did you discovered what you could do with fire?"

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Central Square -

"Any potential clue that is found in this investigation must be kept a secret, if anything leaks to the public that could hinder any progress that could be made by either the authorities or the courts, information could even reach the people who did this," Diane said while looking around, "The meeting is obviously related to our sister court, but last night's situation will be brought up at some point. It is far too important to just ignore it."

Diane kept walking next to the Maester, her foorsteps eerily quiet, or maybe she wasn't even doing any noise to begin with. Looking at every street, corner and alley the passed by. Vincent's question made her turn her head and look at him.

"It is not rude to ask about something you are curious about. There are some exceptions to that rule, of course. " Diane said, as her eyes slowly scanning Vincent, " and that is quite correct, I am a member of the Court of Umbra, Mister. . .?"

RikuXIII RikuXIII Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Ronin of the Shade, Unaffiliated - Clock Tower -

The words spoken by the Vivifica Mage beside him elicited a quiet "Hrumph" from Ronin, for such optimism was both admirable and by the same token, pitiful in Ronin's eyes. "If only I could be as incandescent as you, Zion. Your soul burns, and while I cannot help but be entranced by its glow, I cannot fully agree." Ronin stated with nary an aside glance, mostly he kept his eyes on Zion, but then he would look to the Thief, Remy, with great scrutiny.

"In my experience, I've found you cannot help those who won't help themselves. Often, criminals are found wanting and thus, they seek to continue their pursuit of an illicit lifestyle that exploits the innocent, be they mage or commoner, after I once used to spare them. Adults are often so fixated on their ways, their beliefs, their...desires, that you cannot sway them so easily, not with sheer optimism nor with a savage beating for their crimes. So I decreed no more and from then on, fewer and fewer have survived my wrath. Had any guards attempted to intervene, I speak with certainty when I tell you that I would've killed them too, for they were just as complicit as those who judged you unfairly, like spectators witnessing a murder and doing nothing to stop it."

Ronin spoke from the heart, yet his tone was strangely cold, in spite of the emotion he projected, his hatred for thieves, murderers and the like on full display, yet he always found he did not care about their lives. At least, until Remy caught his attention with a declaration to Zion, something he had not heard in years. "Never have I heard such conviction escape a craven Thief's lips...but then again, you strike me as a desperate boy indeed. If he is to be killed, I would spare Vivifica the trouble, Zion. No redemption can be found in witless fools like he." He went on, contempt lacing every word spoken about and toward Remy.

- Soren Monroe, Fractured Bulwark, Ignis - Grand Cathedral -

Soren would waste no time in taking Everyth's hand, shaking it firmly and with an invisible smile on his face. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Everyth Castanova." Soren then paused, feeling a tad disarmed by Everyth's courtesy, in her suggestion to fetch a servant for assistance regarding his attire, but he nodded in agreement nonetheless, though his pleasant surprise would be evident upon his partially visible face, if only through his eyes. "That would be lovely, though looking at it, my robes are fairly dark as they are, none would notice if I were to attend the meeting as I am, lest they were eyeing me too closely." Soren suggested, with a dry chuckle, however the clock's chime told Soren all he needed to know: He likely wouldn't be able to change clothes fast enough. "Seems I'll have to make do, the meeting is soon upon us, I fear." Soren would then remember something of note, gesturing accordingly.

"Say, were you quite all right earlier? You seemed to freeze, if you don't mind my asking."

- Elliot Luxmore, Merciless Protector, Vivifica - Miko Village -

In a strange turn of events, along with a dimming of his red highlights and rampant center crystal mere moments prior, Elliot seemed to relax considerably, suddenly snapping from shaken, angered and passionate, to colder, calmer and bowing respectfully to Maestra Aislinn and taking his seat once more. "That would be prudent, for us to reevaluate. We await your command, Maestra." Though there was some emotion, Elliot's voice was...stiff, almost robotic, but if Aislinn valued haste, she would not question this sudden change in demeanor, even if others would.

- Eleanor Le Doux, Fierce Shadow, Umbra - Eleanor's Room, with Eclaire -

Being faced with Eclaire brought Eleanor much succor mentally and as such, she fully relaxed, smiling as she came in as to try and calm Eclaire who seemed concerned and on edge, though whether that was because she feared for Eleanor's mental state or Fyenne's condition was anyone's guess, but the Shadow of Umbra was quick to raise her hand and correct Eclaire.

"Oh, oh you've misinterpreted. The Armour is purely for protection, intimidation and masking my figure. It has nothing to do with...my condition, Eclaire. But I truly do appreciate your concern...more than you know..." Eleanor started with a reassuring tone and a hand upon Eclaire's shoulder, but her voice soon gave way to a brief moment of vulnerability, her eyes widening and wetting just a tad upon her last words, leading her to pause, but then shake her head and let go of Eclaire, wiping her eyes subconsciously. Her face would lighten up however, when Eleanor heard that Eclaire had gotten her a gift, as by way of helping her keep her senses when it mattered most. "A gift? Oh Eclaire~ You're too kind..." She uttered, taking the box when offered from the catgirl's hands and slowly opening it up.

(Figured you should decide what it is, Xion136 Xion136 )

- Laguna, The Maelstrom, Somnum - Grand Cathedral -

Even those inside the Cathedral would hear the arrival of Laguna, who landed outside the doors in a clap of Thunder, lightning coursing over their body as they lugged Mjolnir to their side and walked inside, making haste toward the meeting chambers, greeting passing Somnum mages cordially on their way. Laguna felt bad having not arrived in time to aid the Ignis Court in their efforts to restore order to Sanctus Heights, but as they wandered, Laguna would catch wind of Makoto, Daruk and Henry's voices, all unfamiliar to them, but one sounded boisterous enough to be an Ignis, so they headed in that direction, soon coming up on the aforementioned three.

"I am to believe there is a meeting soon, yes? Am I on time, or am I to be cursed for my lateness once more?" Laguna spoke aloud to Daruk, Makoto and Henry mostly, though anyone's answer was welcome truthfully.

Arkane - Umbra Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to meeting hall -

Arkane was absolutely amused by the embarrassment. This righteous, and strong Ignis mage was pudding when it came to such interactions. It seemed that Makoto knew which buttons to press, and it worked. He was about to leave when Henry caught him by surprise with the question and request. He would furrow his brows and think for a moment. One with wings? "I...cannot recall." He admitted. There were so many people in the courts, it was hard to keep notes on all of the names, you know! He would straighten his back, glancing as he was invited to hang around with them a bit longer as they entered the meeting hall. At least until it was time for the meeting to start. Hell, his own maester was not around yet. Maybe it would not be so bad to interact. Henry was definitely alluring...and Makoto was the complete opposite, but who could he blame for such faults that were purely and surely human. He would clear his throat, a hand raising to his hair to play with a lock. "Well, it is not like I have anything else to do. Sure. I will stick by you two until the meeting starts." He said, glancing around the meeting room. Such a large place barely used. Unless they ended up holding birthday parties in here too. He would yawn a bit, covering his mouth with his sleeve before rubbing his eyes a bit. He was still tired. "I have not seen the priestess either." He admitted. Most likely the fire backtracked everything and had everyone confused. He would pause, as he was proven correct as someone would approach them about the starting time. "Oh we have not started. Some maesters are not even around yet. We are merely waiting around until someone asks us to sit down, I guess." he said, watching at the woman.

Xion136 Xion136 Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to meeting hall -

Vincent listened and watched, raising his hand to wave at her. "Vincent Watson, from court Ignis." He said. He figured he might as well enjoy the term of being part of the court before they finally kicked him to the curve after this absolute disaster. Whatever! "As you probably have heard I was with the rest of the court when things went to shit. Although all of our timeline of events seem to be similar if not the same; we were eating churros and watching the automaton before it decided to set Sanctus Heights on fire." He sighed, arms crossed. "I feel bad for the priestess. She will have all of this fall on her shoulders to fix if we are sent back to our courts. Although I doubt we will be getting rid off so easily..." He froze, realizing he had not asked her name. "Forgive me, I got carried away. May I ask for your name, miss...?"

RikuXIII RikuXIII Elrandir Elrandir

- Arun - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to meeting hall -

Arun would smile. "If you join the Ignis Court we have many individuals that can help with the creation of proper fire-proof armor. I will admit the truth that everything outside the courts is rather expensive and out of reach." He mused. It was a simple game of quantity and demand. The courts had more resources, and thus their prices were more reasonable, especially on the court salary. Outside such resources would be harder to get, and thus the price went up. Arun would think about it as he was asked when did he discover his power. "I was around...8 or 9?" He asked, trying to narrow it down. "The Orphanage I was raised in specialized in children with magical capabilities, regardless how little. A way to keep them all in check instead of having them go wild and around, I guess, seeing there were not that many of us. I could heat up my bath water and build sand castles. Although I had a hard time controlling the heat in the water, seeing that sometimes they had to pull me out before I boiled alive." He smiled, the memories fond despite the place struggling to stay afloat. "I used to help with the garden a lot. I only got proper training after my father adopted me."

Elrandir Elrandir

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Central Square -

Diane kept scanning Vincent as he spoke, his garments were fairly normal, considering that most members of the different courts had a peculiar sense of fashion. He didn't looked like an Ignis mage, at all, he looked more like an investigator or detective of sorts. She had seen the battle against the automaton from the roof of one of the buildings, she certainly remembered seeing Vincent there, she also remembered that, in all the time she was there, he never used a single spell, not once. She would add that bit of information to her mental notes for possible use in the future.

"With the current events happening around Regalia in regards to the courts, Vivifica specifically, people will assume that this was either an attempt on the life of the High Priestess by Maestra Aislinn and her mages, the rune could be seen as a clue of such attempt, or perhaps they will blame the Court of Ignis, your court was there when the machine came to life, after all," Diane said in a monotone tone, remembering some of the whispers from last night, "People like to talk, Mister Watson. I wouldn't be so worried about their opinions. The truth, after all, will come out sooner or later. Or so people want to think."

The Fixer once more looked in front of her, watching the cathedral in the distance.

"Names hold no meaning to me, Mister Watson, they lose their meaning after awhile," she said without looking at him, "but I suppose that I could give you the name that was given to me at birth. My name is Diane Corbeau from the Court of Umbra, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

- Incarose Vassar - Sanctus Heights - The Grand Cathedral - Dining Saloon -

"Believe me, I know about that. No matter which job I had, I was never able to save enough to buy some fireproof clothes. It was a little inconvenient at times," Incarose said, "but it is understanable, items created by the courts are valuable for both shop owners and adventurers alike, for different reasons, of course."

Incarose listened to Arun's story, he had shown a sign of magic when he was around 8 or 9 years old, he had been younger than her. She also learned that he was an orphan who was raised in an orphanage that specialized in children that showed signs of magic skills. She understood the usefulness of such a place, having an uncontrollable mage was a big no-no for both courts and non-magic authorities, she knew about that first hand.

"Well, it looks like you did managed to learn how to control your magic. Thanks to that, you and the rest of the court managed to save the city from that crazy machine last night," Incarose said with a smile, "I am sure a lot of people are grateful for that."

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, with Mako and Vlad en route to the meeting -

Earlier, behind the screen, Jari struggled to gain supremacy over a monstrous flush that threatened to overrule him. Thank goodness he was safe behind a makeshift wall, though he had to admit that, however awkward it was, it felt good to receive a compliment. As for his pajamas, he would have to keep them under wraps for a while . . . a very long while.

"Well, buddy, it was fun while it lasted. No more wearings except behind locked doors in shadow-proof rooms, and that means all the time in Somnum Court and here," he sighed, folding the thing up, and securing with it the last of his blush.

Presently, the self-proclaimed fox boy looked between the two, surprised that nobody knew the location, but Vlad's quick disappearance and reappearance made him feel the impulse to jump backwards. Shadows . . . icky, icky shadows, and a man who can control them. However, worse yet was what he said about following him -- just before lovebirds, which inspired his cheeks to turn hue. Thankfully he seemed to leave his portal to the shadow realm, so that meant he was not going to jump in. He thanked his lucky stars there.

"Uh, sure. Lead the way, Vlad, and if he do pass a bar on the way, I'll get something if I have time and they have something on tap. I do hope they have sour wine."

RikuXIII RikuXIII Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court -

Daruk worked on his plate with the ferocity of a wild bull and the gusto of a gourmand, but he managed to espy and listen to Anya as she spoke to him. Surety overflowing, he stuck up two massive, greasy thumbs in her direction and after swallowing his mouthful replied, "Sounds good! I don't like paper, but one more zealous recruit is good in my book!"

With that, he continued assaulting the mound before him until he was satisfied. Gathering up a linen napkin, he wiped his mouth, whiskers, and hands free of detritus and smiled.

"All right, I'm heading to the meeting as well. Don't be too late, folks, or Mabel'll kick our sorry butts."

He started toward the exit for a few paces before catching on that Laguna wanted to speak with any of the three Ignis mages nearby, Henry and Makoto being two of them. Well fed and very happy, he was more than willing to reply.

"You're late for the food, that is for certain, but you're early for the meeting, so good on you! Take a few things to eat before you start starving in the gathering. You look . . . well, you look fine, I guess, but eat up! Food's the energy source of man and mana, as my predecessor used to say! Gwa ha!"

RikuXIII RikuXIII Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Xion136 Xion136

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, he's a loner . . . and a loner's gotta be alone -

Pali danced on the sidelines, his Umbra nature almost becoming palpable as he clung to the shadows and no longer felt the prying eyes of the populace. This was him and his real illusion kicking in, erasing him from existence, or so it would seem, by enveloping him with a small field of magic to make him transparent. Checking the time from his faintly ticking pocket watch -- a little slow, he remembered, by about three minutes -- he set down his second emptied porcelain cup of espresso on a tray of dirty dishes and fled the room in hopes of reaching the meeting room before the swarm did.

The illusion enshrouding him dispelled between the dining saloon and the meeting place, and he secured himself the best seat he could find, intertwining his fingers before him as he played the waiting game.

@meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - With Jari and Co

The Dancer bowed to Nero and flitted off...but being unfamiliar, got lost! Wandering for a few minutes, Kagura finally managed to catch up to everyone....then grew small. Besides Jari, Kaga wasn't sure who else was really there...so the Dancer did the only thing to come to mind, and gently glomp Jari's arm. "...meeting." Came the soft squeak, mostly glancing nervously at Vlad. Poor Kagura. Poor Jari.

Thanny Thanny

Zion - Vivifica - Clock Tower

Zion grasped Remy's shoulder. "Hey. I'm not killing you. I'm giving you to the Courts for sentencing. I'm not a judge, nor jury, and I as hell am not an executioner. Which means I have to take you to them for a trial. Since the only actual malice was your panicking lies, I'm sure they'll see it as negligent manslaughter or something and put you in jail for awhile. Better than dead, right? You did bad, you were stupid. People did die. You have to face the consequences of your actions, tell the truth, and face your trial like a man." She paused. "And I understand your conviction. But I only want justice carried out per law. I will stand up for you to avoid the death penalty, but that is it. My life has been about preserving life. Yours is included." She looked at Ronin. "And redemption is obtainable for many people who have done atrocities before. It all depends on, ultimately, if you feel that you are worth of redemption, and have repented for it. Unless you tried to exterminate an entire kingdom or something." She looked at the time. "Meeting. I have to get to a meeting...uh, Ronin, if you stab him I'll stab you. Remy, don't run and be good or I'll not stab him for stabbing you. Uh, be back soon!" She quickly backflipped off the clocktower, because showoff, and manifested her wings to bank and fly fast towards the meeting hall.
"Jynn will never let me hear the end of this!"

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Elle's Room

Inside was a necklace with a teardrop shaped pendant, made of pink amethyst...the same color as Eclaire's hair. "Whenever you feel that anger or madness coming....just hold onto it and think of me calling your name, ok?" She said softly. "...it's the color of my hair. Thought it'd be easy to link it." Her tail flicked a bit faster, her slight nervousness at the present showing, especially when her ears started to lay back a bit.

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Makoto Suzaku - Ignis - With Henry!

The brawler nodded. "Yes, that one! I like her wings. They're beautiful....OH HENRY YOU NEED WINGS. I DO TOO. Then we could fly and PUNCH and SLASH and EXPLODE stuff from the air! It'd be AWESOME!" She said excitedly, imagining the two zooming around like dragons or something super awesome. "And aww...I'm sorry bad stuff happened. But you did your best Henry, I know you did." She said, a gently squeeze following. She would wave to Daruk gleefully, still riding Henry's back. When he told her no lap sitting, she pouted...but didn't argue. "Alright. I won't, promise." Even if she really, really wanted to, Makoto always would relent when Henry asked. He was her best friend, after all, and when he said no...well, she respected that.

Which also by extension meant no hands, so she'd have to keep the hugging during the meeting to a minimum...oh well. She would have plenty of time to hug Henry and swap stories and spar later.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

–Sanctus Heights– Grand Cathedral, Cafeteria
Thanny Thanny , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The blue-haired Somnum mage appeared rather disgruntled when Daruk nudged him in the ribs with his elbow, giving a sardonic chuckle before he rose from the table, saved by the bell in the form of the clock on the wall.

"Well, it seems that you did what you could for the civilians," he murmured, trying to remain positive in front of a maester. "Now, Maester Daruk, if you will excuse me. I do not wish to be late in finding seating among the masses." With that, Mellark strode off, violet cloak billowing behind him, striding right past Everyth and Soren without paying them any heed.

Everyth smiled softly at Soren's words, feeling a bit less intimidated by the towering Ignis mage upon conversing further. "Oh? It's nothing, really." She smoothed her ebony locks to the side, violet gaze lingering upon his visage before summing up the courage to ask: "It's just, aren't you the one that had survived the attack upon your fellow mage in Ignis sometime back?"

As she asked this, she continued to move toward the door, potentially with Soren in tow. It had been a while since Everyth had visited Sanctus Heights, but the Great Hall was not one easy to miss: it was in the center of the building, down a small flight of stairs to open into a greater circular area. Many mages had already begun seating themselves, some returning from other errands that they embarked upon that morning. Her gaze lingered upon the pews; it didn't seem that the mages were sitting in any particular fashion, nor by court. She saw a Somnum and Ignis girl sitting close to the front, shooting glances at a nearby bench and giggling every now and again. She also saw her fellow mage, Isabelle, sitting with a red-haired mage that bore the Ignis crest on his jacket. Were it possible that Umbra was starting to patch things up with Ignis? That had been at odds for so long that it nearly did not seem possible.

"Well, I think I shall sit here," Everyth said, to no particular bench except that it was nearby. "Would you care to join me, or perhaps you will be missed by your peers?"

------

Once the mages were seated and assembled, two other individuals presented themselves, dressed in ornate robes and taking seats in the festive chairs. A few of them rose a hand in acknowledgement of the assembly, though none offered a word of explanation or introduction. After what seemed ten minutes had passed, the High Priestess clad in a white gown appeared, hair neatly pleated and barely visible underneath the headdress which she wore. One of the elders accompanied her, a stout woman who seemed terse but not unkind. The elder tenderly kissed the priestess' hand, before taking up her position in the remaining four chairs reserved for the elders.

The High Priestess Mabel glanced around at the crowd, her gaze flickering up toward the balcony where Jynn hid but quickly returned to her surroundings. Her expression was stoic, as it typically was in public. She knelt, left hand over her right shoulder, as the elder on the rightmost chair rose, uttering a prayer in a foreign tongue, invoking the blessings of their ancestors prior to this meeting. Once he was finished he resumed his seat, to which Mabel rose once more.

"Dearest friends of Regalia," she started, speaking louder than comfortable so as to be heard within the large room, "thank you all so much for joining us here today, and on short notice at that. I would first like to start by addressing the head of each court. Maester Gerik, Maestra Aislinn, Maestra Thea, and Maester Daruk–would you rise and join me in the seats of honor, please?" Mabel gestured to the table donned in white linen alongside her, chairs set out for each of the rulers of the Four Courts. As they would join, it came to her attention that Aislinn was not present, causing a look of concern to wash over her face before it vanished.

"Thank you," she would say once they were seated. "As you all know, we adhere closely to the traditions left to us by the founders of the Four Courts. From this we have established peace, and with it peace will continue to prosper. However, it has come to my attention that one of the Four Courts has chosen to deviate from the divine path of our ancestors, instead seeking power which is forbidden to mankind for a reason. The Vivifica court has been convicted of importing Itika from the Valley of Magic, for reasons undisclosed and unbeknownst to us."

The Priestess grew silent, allowing this to be absorbed by her audience before continuing. "Despite my greatest efforts to reach out to Court Vivifica and reign them in once more, their Maestra, Aislinn Nosferi, has closed us out and proceeds to act on her own accord. This summoning was a final attempt to rectify what has occurred and for the Maestra to right her ways. However, no longer can we tolerate such action."

Nervously Mabel glanced toward one of the elders, the one who had once been sleeping in his chair. Something seemed to flicker in his face, giving a firm nod before Mabel continued. "From hereon out, I denounce Aislinn Nosferi as the maestra of Vivifica, and I wish to rejoin ties with those of Vivifica willing to embrace our traditions once more. Seeing as few attended this council, I fear that I already know which position they choose to stand, and where their loyalties truly lie between the Four Courts and their maestra. Therefore, I have a request to make of you"–she glanced toward Nero, Gerik, and Daruk, bowing her head lowly in respect for each before raising her staff and gesturing toward the other mages–"of all of you: seek Aislinn Nosferi, and bring her before I and the elders. Should she come unwillingly, I give my permission to use any means necessary, even if resulting in her death."

She turned once more to the four elders, in addition to the three leaders of the present courts. "O' noble maesters, maestra, and wise elders! Would any of you have anything to share before I invite the mages to speak, should they wish it?"

One of the elders rose, his long white beard shifting and revealing an intricate chain which he wore around his neck. "O' mages," he spoke, voice surprisingly deep and strong given his apparent age. "Aislinn Nosferi is not one of us. Do not feel that you are betraying your vows to your court and us, should you seek to do her harm. She is the one who has betrayed our trust, and has abused her privilege as head of Vivifica. Surely you understand."

"This Nosferi must be stopped before she taints her mages, if it is not too late," another piped.

"If other mages try to aid her, try to reason with them, but if no reasoning can be heard and they will not comply to arrest, you will have to do away with them. All of them," The first elder finished, a tone of cold finality in his voice. All the while Mabel had her head bowed low, gaze to the floor, expression as blank as a canvas.

–The Infirmary–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Elrandir Elrandir

"That's better than anything I could've done," Fyenne said, refusing to discredit Aquilla's heroic actions. Before their conversation could continue a knock sounded on the door, causing the small girl to jump back in alarm. When Nero entered she was careful to keep her gaze low, offering a slight bow before she silently returned to her bed behind one of the many curtains in the infirmary.

–The Viridian Villa–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

For a moment Tibarn's gaze lingered on Arno, lost in thought, until his fellow bounty hunter brought up a name which aroused his attention. "That is a brilliant question." He sat up straighter and glanced around. "Where IS Gabriel? He was so quiet on the train, but then I guess that's his personality talking, ha!"

Pushing off from the arms of the chair, Tibarn rose to standing, stretching to the side once before moving toward the staircase leading up to the bedrooms. "I'll go look for him. Either he's still in bed or wandered off while we all were sleeping. My guess's the latter, since it would seem that at least you have been up for a while, Arno."

Leaving Saffron and Arno, the rugged bounty hunter clambered up the steps, boots echoing through the hall. The Viridian Villa's decor consisted primarily of green, remaining true to its name even in hue. He strode along the emerald Persian rug and knocked upon Gabriel's door, which too was painted green.

"Hey, I'm looking for a handsome devil who likes to sleepwalk, drink, and shoot people," Tibarn teased. "D'you happen to know this gentleman that I'm looking for?"

–The Clock Tower–
Xion136 Xion136 , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The redhead bowed his head in submission to Zion stating the facts. That she could still see good in him surprised even him, and that she would even vouch for sparing his life seemed too good to be true. Perhaps she really was his guardian angel–she certainly looked the part.

"If you do not mind, archmagus, I would much rather come with you," Remy started, but was unable to follow as the Vivifica mage dived off the side of the clock tower, leaving the teen with his attempted murderer. He folded his arms across his chest, a look of clear contempt on his face.

"I'm sure that she's more than capable of harming you if you do indeed harm a hair on my head, just as she said," Remy said to his companion. "You don't have to stay here with me if you don't want to. I will wait here for Zion. It is the least I can do." He sounded eager, perhaps too much so, for Ronin to choose to leave him and be on his way. The proximity that he had with Ronin was indeed enough to make his skin crawl, and it seemed that he would do just about anything than have to sit with this man for a moment longer.

Last edited:
Vincent - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to the meeting -
Vincent would glance over. "Well, it is the word of the people that we rely on, is it not? They look up to the courts and respect them, but should they come to hate the courts no amount of magic will make them respect us in return. Such trust has been established for years and generations. Yet still fragile and still shaky. Should they shatter, I do not know what could come out of it. I do not think anyone would." He admitted, watching her before turning his attention back forward. "Let us remain positive. I am sure that we can find a way through this. Humanity has always been stubborn, has it not?" He asked, smiling a bit. "It is very nice to meet you, Diane."

Arun - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: En route to the meeting -
Arun would nod happily. He was very proud that he was chosen to be his father's apprentice. He was proud that he could control his powers. Even then when his father did not know Arun would always return to that orphanage to greet them and the staff that fed and clothed him when his own biological parents could not even be known. Hell, part of his paycheck always went to help that small place who keeps accepting those children, no matter how scared they are of themselves and their own power. "Everyone born with magic have talent. But such teachings are limited to the courts..." He whispered, rubbing the back of his head. I want to change that, he thought. He would smile at Incarose. "Regardless of which court you join, I am sure that you will flourish. If you ever need some help, then I will help too with what I can."

---

Arkane - Umbra Court - Grand Cathedral: The Meeting -
Arkane would be by Umbra's side of the court, along with the rest of the mages as they gathered and listened. It was painfully obvious of how much they thought of Vivifica, especially since their own maester had not even shown up at the meeting. He was not surprised when the elders denounced the mages of Vivifica that insisted on their stubborn ways. But this sounded more like a personal flare up than anything else. They were to taint their hands with the blood of their fellow mages should they refuse to come back with them. He could not validate to himself, but already glancing at the varying expressions of the mages he could figure that some were not taking this well. Although everyone did their best to keep their poker face on, it was hard to keep one's true emotions hidden when such tensions were high. He kept his expression neutral, even though he had already begun to twirl a lock of his air absentmindedly. He knew that he should not speak up before the maesters, but he was already beginning to question a lot of things.

Vincent - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: The Meeting -
Vincent would remain with arms crossed, listening to the elders. The silence of the rest of the courts was eerie as they could hear a pin drop had it not been for the booming voices demanding justice against Vivifica. He did not know what to feel. At one hand, rules exist for a reason. He did not need to be a mage to know that Itika was banned for a reason. It was, from what he heard, addictive, and dangerous. It was the equivalent of gunpowder in magical terms. At least, that is how it was described. Not like they were allowed to experiment with them being forbidden and all. But at the same time, he could feel nausea in the pit of his stomach. Mages were prideful beings. Would they back down? The worst case scenario was that they would not, and their death would be the end. He bit down on his gloved thumb, listening as everyone was waiting on the Maester's answers. It was them who would determine how this would go. Well. That is before the rest of the mages got to speak up on upon it.

Arun - Ignis Court - Grand Cathedral: The Meeting -
Arun remained quiet, his expression as stoic as it usually was as he listened to the expressions. The hatred for the Vivifica mages, albeit more for their actions, was palpable. Maybe it was emotions speaking up, and yet it was chilling to listen to. Arun would listen as the elders went at it, and they were not holding back. He understood that itika was dangerous, and for a moment he was genuinely concerned for the well-being of those mages. The maestra was invited for the sake of explaining her actions, to bring some light into the obscurity. Yet she did not come along and instead went further into obscurity. As far as everyone else saw it, she was being secretive because she was being a threat against the world, and the rest of the mages. He would glance around at everyone's expressions, before glancing back at his maester. What would he say? What would the others say? They were given a single mission; bring the maestra, dead or alive.

Yael - Unaffiliated - Grand Cathedral: The Meeting -
Yael would step over and watched over the meeting with Jynn. The elders were clear on where their alignments lay, and what they thought. Vivifica was bad. If they did not change their ways, off with their heads! It was rather normal to be concern about Itika, such thing was said to be dangerous and illegal for a reason. One would want to keep it controlled in order to avoid trouble. But such hard words could not help but to sting. Calling death upon them so easily and effortlessly sounded more of an old man drunk on power rather than a concerned citizen. He knew that he was meant to keep attention to the stairs, and he was. He was sure he could hear someone walking up the stairs. But now he sat on the railing and stared down at the meeting.

Last edited:
Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - The Meeting

After entering the Cathedral, Kagura took a seat, though looked sad as Nero left. Sittting there quietly, the Water Dancer was quiet...respectful. But at the demands and decrees of capture or death, Kagura could only loo down.

Makoto Suzaku - Ignis - The Meeting

Taking her seat with Henry, she crossed her arms to listen, foot jittering...but her foot soon grew still, her eyes narrowing a bit at the orders. She wasn't a fan nor did she enjoy the actions of Vivifica, but demanding their death? Rules were meant to be broken and blown up. Traditions sucked, heavily, but to kill people? She pressed a bit against Henry, mostly knowing he'd smack her for acting up.

But she didn't have to.

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - at the meeting

Eclaire was sitting with Elle. Her stomach churned a bit. These elders, these elders whose feet were all but in the grave, ok with killing...no...murdering people who merely defied tradition? Was this really a place she could...she could respect?
Was she wrong to not return to Vivifica now...?

Looking over at Elle, she gently took her hand. Her cat ears laid flat, clearly troubled and...and needing some comfort. Of course...the silence that followed would be shattered.

Zion - Vivifica - The Meeting

The Archmagus had chosen, for now, to go in disguise. Clad in a black cloak with the markings of Umbra, filched from a room where the Mage would not miss it for now, she had tied her golden locks back and sequestered herself among Umbra, a quiet observer to the proceedings. Aislinn did not show, of course. Jynn and herself were held back by the Itika incident on the train, by the arrest. Certainly they would be detained again.

But now, as the floor opened to the Mages, the Maesters and Maestra, she stood. With a deliberate pace she headed to the center, heading for the Priestess. Two guards moved to intercept her, but with a flash of light they were encased in Dawnguard, unable to stop her. She threw off the hood, shaking her golden locks out as she strode past the trapped guards, eyes on the Priestess. Her eyes of golden fire were upon her, and before the other guards could move, golden weapons flashed to life, holding them hostage. But she held no weapon nor summoned any more towards Mabel Instead, she looked up at the woman in white, her black cloak settling. If one's glare could kill, then Zion's would sunder the very city.

"I am Zion, Archmagus of Light, known throughout my Court as a Healer, an altruist who gives no care for status or creed, whose only desire is to see the sick made well, the broken mended, the blind see and the deaf hear. I came to defend my Court and our actions, but there is no point. You, who imprison myself and my colleague Jynn on the word of common thieves, who see us save lives yet decry us for being Vivifica. Pray tell - Elders, Priestess, shall you all go forth and demand death to all of Vivifica who believe and trust in Aislinn? You, whom we never meet. Elders who stand above us, crying out for tradition and adherence to founders long dead and long dust. You, Priestess, a woman far from any of the Courts, yet somehow we must obey, of elders who must respect. You say we are to not trust our Maestra, but tell me. Which of you loves humanity more than tradition? Which of you Elders, of you Mages." She threw her arm out, gesturing to the gathered, briefly glaring at the Maesters and Maestra. "Which of your Courts is willing to throw tradition aside, to be a feast for the crows. Aislinn has a love for humanity, be you Vivifica or Umbra, Ignis or Somnum, of the village of Mako or the gilded streets of Regalia. All that matters to us, to Vivifica, is the preservation, the protection of all life." Her golden eyes bore into Mabel, glowing brightly as her heart flared. "I shall stand by Aislinn Nosferi. I will not seek to fight, I will not seek your death, Priestess, as your Elders, as You, are quite content with seeking hers. I shall be stand with my Maestra, even if I must stand against three Courts, against my own flesh and blood. To hell with your self-serving traditions, to hell with your rules. Vivifica is beholden only to an overwhelming love of life, and your traditions can be put into the grave you elders are but one foot away from." She seethed, voice bold, unflinching. "Would any of you throw aside traditions if the world caught fire, if the tides rose as tsunami, as the moon falls,as the sun grows dark and the light fade? No. You elders would be the first to scramble in fear for salvation, begging on hand and knee for a savior. And whoever the gods decide is such a messiah will have the right to tell you no." She took one last look at Mabel. Still, she remained neutral in posture, not making to attack anyone. Actually, her swords and spears began to shimmer and fade, as she had no need to really tell anyone to not interrupt her at this point.

"But from your decision to stare at the floor as those curmudgeons call for death, you are nothing more than a bird in a gilded cage, Priestess. Grow a backbone, and cease being the figurehead and be a leader." She growled. "If Regalia wishes to call for the death of anyone who defies tradition, then so be it. For your tyranny I will become a villain cloaked in dawn, and history shall decide which of us our predecessors shall build a monument to. A monument to all our sins." She turned on heel and marched past the guards, the Dawnguard shield prisons shimmering away as she made her way to the main doors. She undid the cloak, and a Dawnguard shield caught it and it flew fast, depositing it on Eclaire's head with a yelp from the Umbra mage. Zion didn't bother thanking her for unknowingly lending it.
She just threw wide the gates so she may pass, her telekinesis on full display as the doors were then shut behind her.

Last edited:
- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -

When the Maestra had arrived at the meeting room, it was still pretty empty, just a few mages here and there. She stood still while the rest of the mages arrived. She saw Anya and Incarose, Daruk and a few other familiar faces. She also focused in every visible corner and spot around the room, just a precaution. She was sure that nothing would happen, but it didn't hurt to be prepared.

One by one mages and their respective Maesters arrived, taking their seats wherever they wished. Nero noticed a lack of Vivifican mages. That wasn't a good sign.

The moment came when the High Priestess and the Elders addressed the current situation. The Maestra of Somnum bowing and taking a seat once it wasnoffered. The High Priestess looked calm throughout her speech, but Nero knew that should be far from the truth. She felt has if behind those words that spoke of treachery and death were actually those of desperation and pain.

Helping Vivifica was one thing everyone could do, but fighting and, possibly, killing a person who had been an ally was something difficult to do. But it looked as if the Elders wished nothing but the total extermination of Aeslinn and her court. A sudden feeling of danger began to araise inside the Maestra's mind, she knew the feeling and she knew who was calling for her.

"Beware" An ethereal voice said inside Thea's mind.

It all happened so quickly as the doors opened. A couple of guards were trapped inside arcane prisons, golden weapons brought into existance, and as such, Nero summoned five different shields made of the clearest crystal, four for the Elders, and one for the High Priestess. All of this without standing from her seat.

She waited for the woman to give her entire monologue, her priority was the safety of the Elders and the Priestess, after all. The woman spoke about breaking traditions, caring for life, for those who suffered, and while Thea agreed with some of her words, her actions left much to be desired. Considering the current state of Vivifica, this foolish display would be another nail in their coffin.

The woman, Zion of Vivifica, left as quickly as she came. The crystal shields fading into nothingness after the threat was gone.

"I think we have seen an example of Vivifica's ideals. Some of their mages may take it upon themselves to try and fix the wrongs of the world, never thinking about the consequences that their acts could bring to the rest of their fellow mages. That doesn't mean that all of them will make such display. I am sure that, at least one, doesn't agree with Maestra Aislinn's way of thinking. The secrecy of Maestra Aislinn is one of the factors for our mistrust, and, perhaps, the same happens with some Vivifican mages. Time and time again Aislinn Nosferi has been given the chance to reveal her reasons, and time and time again she has given no answer. Helping those who wish to leave Vivifica is good, but the rest shouldn't be met with threats of death, instead, we should attempt to speak and find out the truth. We must locate Maestra Nosferi and ask for an explanation regarding her actions involving itika."

Nero looked at those sitting in the room slowly, especially to those of her court. Thinking about what would happen next.
Would they try to catch Zion? Or would they stay to try and solve this peacefully.

"Mages of Sommun, you are free to chase after the Archmage, or you can stay here and try to find out a way to try and fix this with the help of the other courts. No matter your choice, you will have my support."

Last edited:
Arkane - Umbra Court - Grand Cathedral: The Meeting -
No one expected for Zion to show up as she did. People snapped their heads over with backlash. There were whispers and talk, and Arkane could not hold back any longer as he sighed. "My apologies, Maesters of the court, but I cannot hold my tongue any longer." He said, taking a step forward as he proceeded to gesture at the door. "She has spoken to defend Maestra Aislinn and her decisions in concerns with the steps that the court of Vivifica has taken in regards to Itika, and yet the Maestra herself has failed to show to defend her actions on her own accord. Instead a proxy has had to come all the over to defend the actions, and not well may I add. She have just given us a speech of countless words and yet said nothing at the same time. Her words have answered no questions other than the undying loyalty that the court Vivifica has for its Maestra, which is obvious." Arkane spoke, speaking his mind as he glanced up. "These events, the sudden defense, and the lack of the Maestra's presence has only further caused more questions than answers. No one has ill wishes on our fellow mages, nor on their Maestra. But it cannot be denied that their secrecy and their impulsive defenses do not aid to their innocence, on whatever it might be. They speak that breaking tradition shall impulse the advancement of magic and understanding, and thus they have taken the risk with Itika. But they have merely continued to take the rest of us in rabbit holes with no end or answer in sight. Should have the Maestra at the very least defended her position, it is one thing. But she has not decided to show up, and instead remains in secrecy. Therefore we must ask of what she is so afraid of the rest of the courts discovering? There is a reason that the courts co-exist, and that is to make sure to keep peace and balance in Regalia. Should one court need aid, the others will be there. But it is what they are protecting so intently and defensively that should be a concern. An innocent person would step up and plead their innocent because they have nothing to fear." Arkane spoke, narrowing his eyes. He took a pause to breathe. "However, we should still attempt in rescuing the Vivifica Mages from whatever mess they have entered. The court of Vivifica follows one Maester, but every mage is a living and intellectual being. Whether they initially join us or are convinced later on, killing them should be a worse case scenario. If we gain allies within defecting mages, we have an advantage in knowing what it is that has been going on since their defection." He would move some hair behind his ear. "That is my comment on the current situation. It does not help that every Vivifica mage that has shown up to this meeting has given their peace and left just as quickly instead of staying to defend their court." Well, that was more than what he thought he would be doing today. He wanted to nap already.

Jynn Venas, Vivifica- Sanctus Heights, Grand Cathedral

Jynn did not seem to care about Yael leaving his post. He was more focused on the other mages, maesters, maestra, and especially Mabel. The court has officially begun, and already Mabel seems to be subtly aware of his presence. An elder gives the attendees an order to find Aislinn, and retrieve her, dead or alive.

However, a random woman appears, and uses light magic to disable the guards’ advances towards her. She removes her hood, and reveals that it was Zion underneath. Jynn grips onto the railing in frustration. As she spoke, she gave Mabel aggressive persuasion to take more actions on being a leader rather than a witness, which irritates him.

As soon as she entered, she leaves, leaving several mages and the Somnum maestra talking, and at unease. Jynn growls. Though he did not appreciate how she snapped at Mabel, she still made some valid points. Nevertheless, Jynn felt that it was time to speak his piece. He waits for Zion to leave the room entirely. “Here it goes.......”

He removes the white apron and stands on the railing, letting out a sigh. Finally, he dives down to the area where Zion stood, almost floating when he nears the ground. Anyone who might have seen him the day before might not immediately recognize him due to his new hair style and attire. “I will stay and speak my piece.” He glances up to Mabel, almost in an apologetic manner, before looking around to the other courts and elders. “I am the mentioned colleague, Jynn, from Vivifica. I do not support Aislinn on her decision to meddle with Itika. I originally wished to attend this meeting to gather information as to why my maestra made such insidious decisions, but after the train incident, I want to defend the future generation of Vivifican mages, as well as those who don’t mess with such uncivilized mana.” He demeanor was much more calm and controlled than Zion’s.

- Yael - Unaffiliated - Sanctus Heights: The Meeting -
The shapeshifter watched as Jynn jumped off and introduced himself to the rest as a Vivifica mage that had defected, in short terms. He had to admire Jynn. First, he knew how to make an entrance. Actually so far Vivifica has shown that they make hell of entrances! Did all Vivifica mages did this? Was it a lesson within the court? Second, he was brave to show up on his own to defy his own court. He could only think of how conflicted he must feel. He took a deep breath and would glance back at the door before turning back to Jynn. He would transform into smoke before jumping off the balcony. He would land right on Jynn's hair as a black ferret. Again, his dark color was more of a dark purple, but who was watching details? Yael would step off his head and just hang around his shoulders, relaxing on the space he had found before whispering to Jynn. "Make sure to not get killed, now."

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis (?) - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -

Incarose had followed both Anya and Arun to the meeting room. It was strange being around so many mages, and attend such an important meeting even when she wasn't an official member of Ignis, yet. Anya and Arun, those two had been nice to her, and she was slowly getting used to their presence. They took seats next to each other and listened to what these "elders" and "High Priestess" had to say.

Apparently some other court, Vivifica, went rogue and began to harvest something called Itika, Incarose knew that was dangerous and illegal, she even wondered how Anya got her tattoos, but what was more surprising was that the Elders wanted the Maestra, and, perhaps, other vivifican mages alive or death.

A mage's sudden entrace made Incarose lean closer to Arun, it was pure instinct, she could feel her heart pounding inside her chest. She was getting anxious, and that often led to dangerous situations. This Archmage spoke of Vivifica's ideals, their goals, their loyalty to the Maestra, but then she left as quickly as she appeared. Maestra Nero then spoke about what had just happened and how Vivifica's ideals could be dangerous if one mage acted the way that woman did. She then told her manges that they could either follow the archmage or stay in the room.

"What is going on? This wasn't supposed to happen, right?" Incarose asked both Anya and Arun.

Another mage, probably Umbra, also spoke after the Maestra stopped. He said that the Maestra of Vivifica failed to show up to the meeting to explain her reasons to get illegal itika. After his speech, one mage showed up. This was, apparently, the archmagus's companion. Incarose could only watch and wait.

- Diane Courbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -

Diane nodded at Vincent and then remained silent for the rest of the way towards the cathedral. She took a seat next to Vincent for no apparent reason, and her eyes never left the High Priestess once she made appeared. What would people tell if they only knew that while they were suffering in the Sea of Fire, the dear Priestess was playing pretend with some mysterious man. Zion's suddent entrance did nothing to impress Diane, she only looked at her Maester for any sign of an order, but it never came, and the woman left as quickly as she came into the room.

It was slightly interesting watching the different emotions on people's faces. Some with anger, some with hate, worry, sadness, all kinds of emotions. Diane only thought that Maestra Nosferi was becoming a problem to all the courts, even hers. Maester Gerik would probably want the problem fixed at some point, and she was going to be ready if he needed her.

Maestra Nero's speech was quickly followed by Arkane's own speech, Diane was actually proud of the boy, in some weird way. Kinda like a mother watching one of her children, one would say. He made good points in regards to Maestra Nosferi and the rest of her mages. The Elders wanted the Vivifica mages alive or dead, but something told Diane that "dead" was what they wanted the most. At least some of them.

The arrival of Jynn made Diane's eyes quickly move to him, there was no need to attack and subdue him. Not yet, anyways.Diane remained still, but she was ready to attack if needed.

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -

Once Jynn landed and explained that he was the other Vivifican mage, Maestra Nero's staff materialized on her hand, she then tapped the floor and Jynn would be caught inside a sphere of see-through ice, his voice would not be affected, thanks to arcane means.

"I do apologize for this, Jynn of Vivifica, but after the display of your fellow mage I think people would feel safe if you are unable to cause a ruckus," From outside, runes would begin to appear on the surface of the ice, it was meant to be a sealing sphere, meant to, it was more for show as it wouldn't do anything to Jynn, but maybe it would offer some peace of mind to the Elders and guards, "but your abilities will be contained for the moment. We appreciate your cooperation and, if what you say it's true, then you have nothing to fear."

The Maestra turned to looked at the Elders then moved her eyes to the High Priestess. Any hint of danger to the Vivifican mage and she would release the "seal" around him so he could escape.

"Should we trust this mage's word, O' High Priestess? What about you Elders?" Nero said to all of them, "Should we listen to everything he has to say?

Luka-Somnum-Meeting
Luka sat in her chair very calmly listening intently to the rather amusing conversations going on in the meeting. New tools to aquire, new materials to experiment, and new tasks to be completed were brought up to the court members.

This was all soon followed by a flurry of people making speeches which didnt really appeal to her. She had her mind set on other things. Even the casting of a spell by her Maestra didnt bother her.

Isabelle-Umbra-Meeting

Isabelle’s thoughts were rushing like wildfire. It darted between the whispers after being told that Vivifica’s Maestra would be denounced from her position to the whispers of what people are already planning to do, but then she listened to several speeches.

Suddenly a Vivifican mage appeared, revealing herself as the Archmagus of Light. This drew in Isabelle. She finally could experience a great mage in action. One with renown better yet, one she heard stories about as a child. It thrilled her greatly. This one, Zion, appeared to have blended in with her fellow Umbras. She listened to her words and saw something she had never known in her life. She wasn’t sure what it was but she was inspired by it. After leaving, another mage appeared to speak his mind but was less fortunate than his companion but she didn’t have time for that. However Isabelle did momentarily shudder after looking at the eyes of the one who cast the spell. They... made her uneasy.

Her eyes darted towards a small side door and without a second thought she left in a hurry. Somewhat trying to play it off as a need for a bathroom break. However Isabelle was never a good actor. As soon as she left the meeting room, she ran after Zion. Trying to catch up to her. She needed this, she needed to meet one of the heroes she heard about. She needed to know something. She needed to find her.

Xion136 Xion136

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back