• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Outskirts of Sanctus Heights

Jynn and Mel look around to see where the voice was coming from. But as soon as it mentioned food, Jynn finally realizes the cat was using telepathy to speak. It seems to know Jynn’s intentions, but then again, it did seem grateful that Jynn gave it some food. The mage sighs. “Yea. I’m planning to go to that meeting, but I’m starting to have my worries. I’m being accused of meddling with Itika, a horrible mana. I’ve seen what it can do, a form of it was used to do me harm.”

He leans his back into a tree, clearly upset. “I’m being blamed for that incident, nobody cared if I saved many. As long as I breathe, I will always be viewed as a monster.” Jynn pauses, giving some more thought about it. “Now I’m not sure if going is a smart idea on my part.” Mel grunts sadly.

Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Yael, The Trickster - Independent - Sanctus Heights: Outskirts -

The cat would be licking his paw as he listened to Jynn and his woes. He did not see anything wrong with having the young man call out his doubts. All young people suffered through the same things, mages or not. Although, admittedly, his were more specific considering the circumstances. "You speak as if it is not your responsibility to go." The cat said, lowering its paw to look at Jynn, purple eyes meeting at his. "You speak of your involvement, of how you have had personal experience of this terrible thing from both sides of the discussion, and yet you think that you should not get involved? My dear child, you are already there. All you have left is to take the step." He wagged its tail, using the end to rub it against Jynn's cheek. "You have a unique sight of both sides of the coin. You are accused as a perpetrator, and yet you are a victim all in the same. I have heard that the meeting exists merely to discuss this Itika alone. One voice can mean the world of difference, you know. If someone did not get burnt, then how would the rest know that fire burns? If one did not get cut, how would the rest know that the blade is sharp?" The cat raised a paw and smacked Jynn's forehead. "Do not be selfish. Think of your fellow mages. Your voice may be drowned, but your words could also help stop innocents from suffering as you have. Do you not think so?" He asked, pawing at Jynn's forehead again and then at his mouth. "We are all monsters, child. Yet it is up to oneself to sniff out those who give us monsters a bad name."

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Jynn takes a moment to consider the cat’s words. If Jynn decides to sit out on the meeting, the futures of young Vivifican mages would be a harsh one, and he did not want innocent mages to suffer the same way Jynn is now; being falsely accused of a crime he did not commit, and for simply being a Vivifican mage. After all, he is the heir of Vivifica, and when his time to be Maester comes, he will want everyone to take a step in the right path. It’s definitely something Maestra Aislinn would want him to do.

Blue for me
Green for Mystics

In the hallway of the Vivifica Court, Jynn was summoned by Maestra Aislinn for some sort of important meeting. It was somewhat unsettling for the mage, as Aislinn has recently meddled with Itika, a powerfully raw and illegal mana, much to his dismay. Jynn was always quick to show his displeasure of the mana, and now he is being called upon by the Maestra, and he is not sure why.

He enters Aislinn’s office, and offers a bow. “Lady Aislinn. You summoned me?”

The maestra was sitting in a chair, dressed in an ornate drape of olive greens and copper. Her legs were tossed casually over the arm of the chair, bare feet dangling a mere few inches from the floor. Her attention was drawn from the novel she was reading as Jynn entered, though her stance remained casual. "Oh, Jynn! Thank you for coming so soon. I am sorry; I told Tiru that I had wanted to speak with you, but knowing him he probably made it sound like a formal ordeal." She gestured to the remains of her sitting room. "Do make yourself comfortable. Pull up a chair. I was hoping to speak with you about some things."

Jynn took a seat in the chair in the sitting room. “No. You’re fine. Tiru’s just being Tiru, what can you do about it?” He sits up and crosses his legs. “So, what do you wish to speak to me about?”

A smile played on Aislinn's lips, placing a peacock feather in her book to serve as a bookmark before closing it and resting it on her lap. "Jynn, how long has it been since you came to our court? It is such a blur to me now, but I remember you as but a child roaming our halls.”

Jynn uses his fingers to recall the years. “From what our previous Maestra told me within the last six years, sixteen as a member, and nineteen altogether.” He looks down. “Though, something happened to me. I lost all my childhood memories.”

A frown furrowed Aislinn's brow. "Hmm, this is news to me. I didn't know that you have lost memories of your childhood." She brought a hand to brush back stray strands of dark hair. "Has there been an accident?"

Jynn shakes his head. “The details of the incident are beyond my comprehension as well. Though, I’m sure over time, my memories will return to me.” He faces back to Aislinn. “But we’ll cross that bridge when the time comes.”

Aislinn nodded, willing to dismiss it, but it could be read on her face that the situation didn't please her.

"Yes, well, I hope that things come back to you." She paused, reading Jynn's expression. "I have been watching you, both during my time as maestra and simply as a mage of the court. You possess great potential, Jynn, and have a hero's bold heart of courage, justice, and determination. When I look at you, I am very much reminded of myself at your age, and so I must ask the question: how would you feel about one day following in my footsteps, and becoming maester of this court after I'm gone?"

As soon as Aislinn asks how he would feel about being the next maester when she is gone, Jynn raises his eyebrows. He was extremely surprised to hear that she is giving him the chance to be the heir of Vivifica. “Lady Aislinn......... I’m flattered to hear all of this. You’re putting your faith in me, even though you know that I don’t make contact with Itika?”

"There are reasons that we all do what we must," Aislinn said, brows knitting together in concentration. "If you were in my position, and knew what I knew and what is required of me, I have no doubt that you would make the right choices to protect the people." Silence fell between the two for a moment before finally she added: "I think it is for the best, yes . . . . The court should be left in the hands of someone who is not knee-deep in the situation. I feel that you would be a good fit, Jynn, if you feel that you would be as well."

Aislinn says her piece, before asking if Jynn felt that he is fit for the task. Jynn thinks about it for a moment, before meeting Aislinn’s eyes. “I believe I am fit for the task.”

The Maestra gave a firm nod. "Very well, then. Jynn Venas, I am appointing you as the heir of the Vivifica court in the event of my death. I will see to it that the proper paperwork is drafted and signed, and that it will be made public to the rest of the court. In the meantime, my intention is to counsel you in the ways of the court, so that when the time comes you will be ready."

“Understood.” Jynn raises from his seat and bows. “Thank you, Lady Aislinn.” He then leaves the office.

Jynn takes a whack to the head from the cat’s paws. “Alright, alright. You’re right, I need to speak up for my fellow court mages.” He stands up, exciting Mel. It was clear that he made up his mind. Jynn looks to the Grand Cathedral’s stables. “Once I’m in, I’m in. But getting in without being noticed will be challenging. I tried changing my appearance, but it’s best that I still try to be stealthy.”

Yael would watch as the young man thought it through before coming to a decision. A cheshire smile surging on his feline lips as he meowed loudly. "I am sure we can find a way in that does not bring attention to yourself." He said, thinking for a moment. He would twitch his ears and wag his tail before settling on something. "Hm...the Grand Cathedral does have empty spaces in the rafters ahead for storage, or so I have heard from the servants who work within. Maybe there is a way to enter through the roof and one of its windows. We can fly all the way up and then drop down. Maybe even eavesdrop on the meeting if we are not feeling like bringing attention to ourselves." He said, licking his paw and carefully cleaning behind his ear. "Unless you wish to enter via the front door. I will not stop you on either way. In fact, I will go along with you!" He had decided, rubbing his head against Jynn's cheek once more. "My name is Yael. But the people tend to call me Trickster due to my shapeshifting abilities. Either one is fine with me. Who you might be, wishing to hide your identity so fiercely from the world?" He asked, wagging his tail against Jynn's other cheek. "Lead the way. I will remain in this form for the time being. I must regain my energy before I can transform back into my normal form." He yawned.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, previously in his assigned room and now in the halls with Arkane -

Pali awoke from his slumber, dressed still in cold and sopping clothes and laid out on a bed, his hands instinctively curled up on his chest whilst sleeping. A dreadful chill passed through him as he got up, and he wished for himself to dry off, clothes and all. It was easily done with wishful thinking, but his head threw him for a loop. His magic had returned just barely, and he already tried to push his pressed limits.

Shaking his head from this sensation, he moved towards a linen closet, wondering how exactly he got here in this building. Somebody found him on the rooftop, it seems, and from the aches in his back they were a little rough on delivering him to this bed. He had no idea that it was through flight or being on a bony horseback ride.

Finding fresh linens, he wrapped himself in a thin bedsheet and slept on the hard, well-kept floor to rejuvenate his body. Sleep was something he hadn't done in a long time, as he felt that he did not need it much. This time it worked well for him, and he passed out quickly and dreamed quickly, long, and hard until morning.

~~ The Next Day ~~

Pali, now roused and starting his day with the lighting of candles -- all candles -- with a flick of his wrist, checked the mirror before flashing a smile at himself. He felt better than he typically did, which was astounding considering he was shot a day or two prior, and his magic had replenished. With it, he maintained his appearance and removed the circles under his eyes. First impressions were important when meeting other factions such as the other Courts, and he wanted to look his primmest.

Swiping some water from a bowl to wet his hair and slick it back, as well as to dampen his brow, he set off into the hallway, marveling at the greatness of the abode and the building in general as he left. He managed to find a number of people he knew in the halls, one of them Isabelle as she stumbled along. Seeing her sleep-dogged, Pali wished for her to suddenly become more well-rested and went on his merry way with just a nod and a smile. Perhaps she would become more serviceable to everyone, including himself, if she were less tired.

Arkane and his undead pooch were next, and he bent down to pet the pup when he got near.

"A fine animal you have here," he remarked towards Arkane, then realising that Hector was sprayed with some of the perfume that Pali gave the owner of the dog. "I see you've used a bit of my Eau du Pali. Everyth delivered it safely to you, I see."

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court -

Daruk spent most of his day and some of the night firefighting, getting a report of Aquilla's medical condition as soon as he came back. He slept fitfully at first, but afterwards was out until six in the morning. Three hours of sleep was not much for the average person, but for Daruk, an older man so full of pep and vigor, it was the perfect amount.

Dehydrated from fighting fires, he stepped into the bath with an abundant number of free bottled drinks the hospitable host gave him nearby. While the water was running, he hopped in and started pounding the drinks. He was saddened that it was not alcoholic, but the refreshment was there in spades.

"Ah-h-h, so much better!" he voiced after drinking ten glasses or so, emptying the last with a happy, contented sigh.

He washed up his inky face and body soon after, turning the water black with soot, and stepped out of his room in new attire. An onyx tee shirt, sleeved and overlayed with an open, ragged olive vest, covered him to the waist, and fine khaki trousers and a large buckled belt finished the ensemble besides his always present walking boots.

Checking in on Aquilla just in time to see her wake up and mutter to herself, he allowed himself into the room with a rowdy laugh.

"You've been out for more than twelve hours. Scared us witless, but it seems you're doing fine! How're you feeling, little one? Bed-ridden? Ready to get up? A meeting has been called within the hour, and I wanted to check in on you before heading over there."

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, within Sanctus Heights' Grand Cathedral -

Like Daruk, Jari spent a fair amount of time wanting to be useful and indeed being useful. Dozens of people were aided with his newfound control over lightning thanks to the blessing of knowledge bestowed upon him by Ychera. Blitzschnell enhanced his speed and reaction time even further when activated, allowing him to rush in and rush out with people in tow with a bit better efficiency than previously. It was draining on the body, but he was slowly getting the hang of it.

Unlike Daruk, Jari washed up first, dressed in his jammies, and almost fell asleep before even crawling into bed, and passed out in a dreamless sleep until morning. It would take a knock on the door to wake him up.

((If any of you would care to wake my fox boy up, I'd shake you warmly by the hand, elsewise I'll have a servant shout "HOUSEKEEPING" into the room and startle the dude into arriving at the meeting late.))

{Mako Koyl - Somnum Court: Sanctus Heights; Main Square}
Mako used her teleportation and portal magic to save those she could, but she hadn't used her powers this vigorously before. After a few houses, she was feeling exhausted.
"Need to work on...endurance..." She muttered as she leaned against a structurally sound wall.
Pushing herself off the wall, she ported to the next house to look for survivors. After a few more rescues, Mako appeared where she had left Professor Nero, laying on the ground, mind and body spent.
****Next Day: Cathedral****
The next day, Mako woke up feeling rested, but still very troubled by the events of yesterday. Despite her attempts to think of other things, her treacherous mind circled back around to all the terrible things this attack meant. Had it been Vivifica? They had split from the other courts, after all. Maybe that was just the first step to destroy the others. Admittedly, that didn't seem to really fit the Vivifica public image, but maybe that had been a ruse too.
Still trying to get off this paranoid line of thinking, Mako started wandering down to break fast when she final found a subject that got her mind off conspiracies.
"Crap, was Jari okay?" She thought.
She hadn't seen him last night with how tired she was. Had he made it in okay? Was he hurt? Was going to find out too much? Had she pushed it too much with the cheese at the ranch? Damn that pun, she could have been so smooth with that. Her mind now taken up by another terrifying subject, Mako poked around, looking for Jari. She found Luka, still sleeping.
"Is she ever going to catch up?" Mako mentally mused as she continued her search.
She eventually found Jari. For the next minute, she debated inwardly what to do next. She went with...well, an option.
"Hey, you dead or dismembered?" She called loudly to the sleeping Jari.

{Gerik Lockford - Umbra Court: Sanctus Heights; Gates}
Gerik watched the smoke from inside the city with a displeased look on his face. He could feel something moving, but he didn't know what. The easy explanation was more treachery from Vivifica, but things were rarely easy. No, with the knowledge of a new player, this "Invidia", he felt things could no longer be believed to be cut and dry. Vivifica might end up being the least of his worries.
With word that the caravan was able to enter the city, Gerik ordered the now mostly empty carriages to move on, getting back into his own. He was joined shortly by Diane. He listened in silence to her report, absorbing the details. So, the young high priestess had a secret suitor. In normal circumstances, that would have been more adorable than alarming, but that was before the events of the day. It would be a useful string for manipulating the High Priestess, but he might also need to be careful with how he suggested action against Vivifica. Keep a piece of black mail viable was sometimes more work than the actual black mail.
"Marvelous work, as always, Miss Corbeau." The maester finally said. "This is information was both timely and important."
****The Next Day: Cathedral****
The sun rise found Gerik already awake, mulling over the events of yesterday and last night. So many threads, so little time. Putting on his hat, he headed out of the cathedral, moving with purpose to the mechanical dragon's carcass for closer study.
(Gerik uses "Investigate" on the mecha dragon)

{Valery - Vivifica Court: Miko Village}
Valey paid little heed to the continued discussions about the day. She lacked the patience to converse with Tiru and still had wounds to mend. She crossed her arms on the table before her and lay her head down.
****Next Day****
Valery had been up and tending to her weapons when Aislinn awoke. She had come offering Richtor a chance to sleep, and had stuck around in case he fell asleep to move him somewhere more comfortable. Setting her polearm aside, she went to the Maestra's side.
<Repelled, but not defeated.> She signed. <We brought you here to rest before moving on.>

{Anya Alighieri - Ignis Court: Sanctus Height; Main Square}
Anya rolled her eyes. Could her kids go anywhere without something blowing up?
"Nice to know we were iinnocent bystanders for part of this." SHe said, releasing her healing flames over Aquilla.
She rubbed her hands together, conjuring more of the multi-hued flames. She had a lot of work to do...
****Next Day; Cathedral****
Anya had been up most of the night with other healers, seeing to the citizens of Sanctus Heights along with tending to her little scout troop from Ignis. She had gotten some sleep, but some tea was going to be needed. There was also another matter to deal with today. She had seen something...familiar when she came into the city. She had brushed it off, but others had spoken about it too. One of the Somnum entourage using flames...
It was duel purpose that the Phoenix Bearer headed for the cafeteria.
"Thea!" Anya greeted Professor Nero with a mug of tea in her hand. "Missed you yesterday. How are you?"
She glanced to Incarose, where her eyes lingered for a moment. The flicker of heat and the beat of wings.
"And who's your friend?" Anya asked, turning her attention back to Somnum's Maestra.

- Thea Nero, Incarose Vassar - Court of Somnum - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral - Cafeteria/Kitchen -

The Professor continued drinking her tea in silence, peace and calm was something she always enjoyed. Incarose was eating breakfast in silence while looking at those around, some people that belonged to the cathedral, servants, maybe one or two mages. A familiar voice to Nero made her turn around, only to find an old friend.

"Ah, Anya, I was unaware that you were in the city," Nero said as she stood up and gave Anya a quick hug, "Please, join us for breakfast."

Incarose flinched slightly, she felt as if a jolt of electricity traveled through all her body when she heard the voice and so she tried her best to avoid looking at this woman who, possibly, was an old friend of the Maestra.

"I am fine, thanks for asking. The situation last night was something that we were not expecting when the High Priestess summoned us," Nero explained then she looked towards the redhead, "this is Incarose Vassar, she is a ranch hand from a ranch close to the eastern shores, and one who graciously brought us to Sanctus Heights, along with one of her friends via carriage. Miss Vassar, this is Anya Alighieri, a mage from the Court of Ignis and an old friend of mine."

The redhead could feel something behind her, something very familiar, eerily so. It took a few seconds before incarose put down the spoon and turned to look at Anya, giving her a small bow of the head and offering her hand for a handshake.

"A pleasure, Lady Alighieri. Like the Maestra said, my name is Incarose Vassar, and I am a ranch hand in Miss Eirika's ranch to the east of Sanctus Heights," Incarose said, a faint hint of nervousness in her voice, "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Cathedral -

"Just sign and you will be able to get everything you want."
"Will it hurt?"
"Just a bit. But what is a little pain compared to what comes next? Nothing!"
"I-I don't. . .I'm not so sure. Can I have a little more time to think about it?"
"The other two are ready for the process, Miss Corbeau. I suggest you make up your mind quickly, unless we find another, more fitting, volunteer."
". . .Understood. . ."

"Our souls we have sold. . .for diamonds and gold. . .but take a look, we have it all. . ."

Diane was staring at the green fire inside her lamp, listening to the faint whispers that came from it, thinking about fragments of a long forgotten past. The sight of the Maester leaving at such early hours in the morning made her sink in the shadows, only to reappear next to the entrance and quietly follow the Maester to his destination.

She remained silent all the time, the only sound coming from the faint rattling of the chain attached to her lamp, she removed her hood and the half black wolf mask, revealing her pale face. She understood Gerik's goal when they arrived in Central Square. It looked like the Maester wanted to learn the reason as to why the automaton had come to life and attacked. Diane kept her attention focused on the surroundings, just in case someone, or something, tried to cause harm to the Maester.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral -
Arun decided to head to the cafeteria for some food. At first he wanted to ignore it and head straight to the meeting, but his stomach was killing him and no meditation could fix that when the answer kept being 'eat something'. He would peek inside, seeing that some mages were already eating their fill and getting ready for the meeting. Arun would step into the room and get himself some breakfast. He saw chocolate pancakes and he would be dammed if he did not get a plate of them along with some juice. He carried the tray and would see Anya, smiling a bit as he waved at her only to realize that she was talking with other mages from the court of Somnum. Oh no, he could not possibly interrupt. Anya was the cool aunt, but at times it seems that she was rather scary, too. She was older than him by a decade or so, and he remembered walking around the halls and hearing the stories of her triumphs as a fiery sun that would burn all to ash. All he wanted was to eat breakfast, damn it. He would steel himself and approach, his voice soft and yet stern. "Good morning. May I sit here?" He asked, asking all of the people at the table, although he felt it was more directed at Anya. "I-I mean, if I cannot, it is fine too."

Elrandir Elrandir RikuXIII RikuXIII

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral -
After eating some cookies for breakfast, Vincent would pause by a window. He would stare out at it, before seeing the grand corpse of the metal dragon that they had been fighting. He stared at it longingly for a while before he remembered something; he had seen a symbol before hand. Was it still there? He still had it in his notebook! His eyes widened, and like that he ran down the halls and headed outside. He had to check if it was still there! Maybe there could be a clue of what the hell happened if he could find it. Not like he would be missing anything important in the meeting a few minutes late, right? Regardless, he was out of the Grand Cathedral and headed straight to the Central Square. The metal corpse had been sealed away from the rest of the population, in an effort to avoid having citizens tamper with the evidence as the city was being cleaned up around it. Of course people still came by to check on it, to watch what remained of the once proud structure that brought amusement and entertainment to the city center, now in ruins. Vincent would hurry over, only to realize that he was not alone. Of course, among the people that would be staring at the beast, and the guards that kept guard on it, there was someone else from the courts. It was not hard to recognize who it was; as it was a Maester of the Umbra court. (The Umbra court did always seem to share the same kind of fashion sense...) He did not see Diane, however. Did he even knew she existed? Vincent would adjust his hat, approaching the mess. "Good morning, Maester." He spoke, his voice loud among the working city. "I hope you do not mind if I inspect the dragon as well. I wish to see for myself what kind of beast we fought yesterday." He said. He had in no way or means any relationship to the Maester, but the least he could do was to be polite, right? His attention would turn back to the dragon. If the guards let them through, Vincent would quickly search for the sigil that he had seen yesterday, using his sketch from his notebook for reference.

RikuXIII RikuXIII Elrandir Elrandir

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral -
Hector saw Pali and the dog was more than happy to receive pets. It would run up to him, tail wagging as he curled up and walked around in circles until he got petted. Arkane would watch as he listened to Pali, his attention being snapped out from his thought. "Pali. You live." He mused, approaching. He would feel a heat on his cheeks when he mentioned the perfume, nodding as he would play with a strand of his hair. "Yes. I thank you very much for it, Pali. It works wonders." He said, watching him as he approached. Hector would pant happily as his tail wagged around before rolling onto his back, showing off his tummy. "You were knocked out cold after your attack. You managed to save countless of buildings from the raging fire. The city fire has been able to be snuffed out; but...well, if you have seen out the windows, you can see what the result has been in the end." He said, his fingers twirling around a specific strand of hair in thought. "A pity, really. It means that today will be much longer and stressful than anticipated...ah. How are you feeling today, Pali? You certainly seem to feel better after a good night's rest." He spoke, looking at Hector as he proceeded to continue his walk. "Come now, Hector." He mused. Hector would roll onto his feet and follow behind Arkane and Pali. Arkane would shake his head a bit. "...yesterday was a complete mess...do you think we are prepared for whatever comes in the meeting today?"

Thanny Thanny

“The civilians and authorities will do anything in their power to arrest me if they spot me, but if the mages find me, they will probably interrogate me first. At least then I can speak my mind.” Jynn looks to the stables, remembering what Mabel said. “I already have a plan in mind. But I might need a diversion just in case.” He looks to the cat. “I promise, if you help me out, I’ll make it worth your while and hunt another duck for you. My name is Jynn.”

Aquilla-Ignis-Horribly Bedridden
Aquilla slowly turned her head with another pained groan. “It certainly could be better Maester.” She lets out a bit of a forced laugh, clearly nervous to have been visited by the Maester. “I-I was was crushed by a dragon afterall, i doubt many mages can say that they survived that, nevertheless one with my levels of mana” she appeared to be in severe pain. “Was I able to help at all? Did those people escape?”

Yael would meow. "Nice to meet you, Jynn." He said, stretching as he would jump onto Jynn's head, balancing himself before sitting on it to have a better look around. "If you have a plan; let us execute it! I can create a worthy distraction once I see what we are dealing with." He reassured, patting onto Jynn's head. He would look down and pet down on his hair a bit more. "Oh your hair is rather soft." He muttered, rather distracted before his attention was brought back to the situation at hand. "Right! Lead the way, Jynn! I can transform into something...after I nap a bit on your head." He said, yawning again. He needed a snack.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, with Aquilla -

Daruk approached from the doorway as Aquilla asked about the people she helped save, placing a parental grip on her shoulder as he smiled down on her.

"Not many can say that indeed! And your help saved those people you were after and a few more, say . . . twenty or so behind you? If you didn't block its path, they all might have died, you little heroine." He patted her shoulder lightly, fearing the strength he could have used on this poor girl. "Anya stopped by on the battlefield. She helped heal your wounds so that nothing is now broken. The pain will linger, or so the doctors say. According to them, the body still thinks it is crushed, but you will heal properly. Oh! I almost forgot. Someone stopped by and dropped you off some flowers and a get-well note. It's nice to see some good-natured youngsters out there."

He motioned towards a vase of yellow flowers wrapped in crepe paper with a smile.

"I have to leave soon. Do you crave anything? I'll get the chefs right on it."

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, awoken by Mako -

Jari sounded out a single yell as he jolted awake and crinkled his bedsheets before him, surprised by the sudden call-out from Mako. For all of his bluster and self-assurance, he still was a bit of a scaredy-cat. It took him a few seconds and a squint before he recognised the situation and the speaker.

"Mako?" He kicked the sheets upward and scrambled a little ways to sit upright and facing her. "Uh . . . not dead, and not dismembered as far as I can tell, excepting my tail that lit up like torchwick. Too many chemicals, I guess. I can't sport it anymore." He felt very self-conscious for the moment and, with flushed cheeks hopefully hidden in the sunlit room, continued. "So, um . . . to what do I owe the pleasure?"

He was unaware of any meeting that was to occur, so Mako might have to fill him in.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, visiting with Arkane -

Pali listened closely, rubbing the dog's tummy while it was exposed. It was a marvel that he did not keep pets of his own, even if it were an undead pet which did not require the typical cravings of its living variants. It seemed that the fire had been quelled by the joint efforts, which was superb. He was not one for mass slaughter, as that would be wasteful and tactless. The praise and adulation of the masses were more of his beverage of choice, but Arkane was enough to gladden him for the moment.

Rising to match Arkane's pace, the older man wandered behind and to the left of the youth, his hands stuffed in his pockets and his eyes fixated forward. The dog seemed to match the both of them, too, its devotion to its master unshakable.

"I am fine, better than fine, really," he answered honestly, neglecting to tell of the wound sustained by the Battle on the Big Bridge. "My magic has recouped and me with it. How are you? It baffles me that I was spotted atop a roof, though."

He mused over this for a moment of time but discarded the thought entirely soon afterward.

"I suppose it is no matter. Yesterday may have been a mess, but we don't have to suffer a lynch mob unless someone voices something imbecilic. Besides, we of Umbra have our Maester. He would do all the heavy lifting, and if not we have enough brains among us to figure something out. If only I can say the same for the other courts. At least Ignis would be balanced out for the better by having my daughter in their ranks."

Aquilla-Ignis
A small whimper of pain came from her as he touched her shoulder. She continued as if it didnt hurt, but it did. “A piece of raspberry cheesecake would be nice. I understand its a strange request but it would be delightful” Aquilla smiled. “And maybe some pain meds. Its really starting to hurt again.” She mumbled. Beneath the surface she was extreamly happy to have been complimented by her Maester.

Isabelle-Umbra
The blood mage’s eyes widened. “Hmmm... thats one hell of a second wind.” She looked at her hands for a moment. Then she shrugged and she headed off to the meeting room. It was best to be early then not there at all. Besides, being early let her scope out her fellow mages

Last edited:
Sanctus Heights: The Grand Cathedral – Dining Saloon
Thanny Thanny , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Elrandir Elrandir , Xion136 Xion136 , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

The halls in the Grand Cathedral were bustling with life. As Mabel had predicted, chefs bustled busily about the halls, ensuring that the dining saloon was fully stocked with goods and exquisite delights that the mages were sure to enjoy. Many servants were at the beck and call of the mages, ready to do any sort of chore necessary to make them feel more at home.

Many quite enjoyed the special treatment that they were receiving, though Everyth in particular didn't find it to be anything out of the ordinary. She stirred her hot cocoa, taking a sip before pulling it away. It was much too hot to drink, perhaps hotter than she felt it should've ever been. A sigh escaped her as she glanced out one of the long window panes of the dining saloon, feeling particularly alone. Her fellow Umbra mages went about their business upon arriving in Sanctus Heights, none seeming to show any amount of concern or interest in her whereabouts. She'd seen to ensure that Eclaire was well and safe upon arriving, but even now the young cat girl did not need her. She was in the hands of Eleanor–for better or worse, that remained to be seen.

Feeling quite defeated and wishing that she had even a friend to call upon, she turned to leave the hall, and as she did so the contents of her cup sloshed down the back of a rather tall individual, at least 7' (Soren). It soaked through his dark cloak, and she watched, horrified, as it dripped to the floor, the steam visibly rising from where it rested on his back.

"Oh, good heavens!" Everyth cried out, snatching her own cloak to press against the man's back in hopes of absorbing the scorching hot liquid. It ended up burning her, causing her to snatch her hands back and move toward the center of the nearby banquet table. A glass of iced apple juice rested finely in a pitcher and it, being the only cold thing she could think of, was quickly snatched by the dark sorceress and tossed at Soren. Her intention was to ease the pain of the hot liquid, though as a result she succeeded in making him even more saturated than previously.

"I am so very sorry! Normally I watch where I am going, but I am very distracted this morning." She grabbed at her hair nervously, awaiting the judgment from the tall, rather intimidating, figure before her that she first burnt and then soaked.

Meanwhile, at the table housing Thea, Incarose, and Anya, Mellark had wandered into the dining saloon and, upon seeing them, smiled and brought over a plate of eggs and some milk. It was not as delicious as the one from Eirika's ranch, but it was serviceable. Mellark lazily brought his gaze over toward Arun as he approached, who seemed particularly ill at ease with the notion of joining the mages of the northeast. He barely gestured toward an empty seat at their table, without making any further attempt to get to know the Ignis mage, nor introduce himself. It was possible that Mellark and Arun had met at a previous council in Sanctus Heights, but Mellark could not recall, nor did he feel an interest to.

Sanctus Heights: The Grand Cathedral – Great Hall
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Pews fell in rows throughout the majority of the hall, in a circular formation with the center of the room elevated. Long stained glass windows were featured along the rooms walls, depicting a similar image to that of what was seen in the entrance of the cathedral. Four large, ornate chairs were on one side of the platform, a table clothed in white resting a short distance from it. One of the chairs was occupied by a rather tall elderly man. His face was relaxed and his eyes closed, though it would be difficult to discern from Isabelle's position on whether he slept. A few servants swept through the room, filling pitchers with ice water and leaving them stationed on several stands around the pews. The man in the ornate chair, however, remained unmoved, and no one questioned Isabelle's appearance. One bench held a few girls, muttering something about a hot Ignis mage and chuckling about desiring their portrait with the man.

Sanctus Heights: Central Square
RikuXIII RikuXIII , Elrandir Elrandir , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

Gerik would find the remains of the automaton lying very much as it was left: on its side with its mouth blown open and its chest plate removed. The interior of the dragon was scorched, many wires and mechanisms fused together from the explosion and heat compressions that it endured. If Gerik inspected carefully, however, on its leg he would find an engraved rune, seemingly scratched in. With his advanced knowledge as maester and dark magic, he would be able to discern that this was a blood seal, and the soul of someone–or something–had somehow been brought into this automaton.

"Greetings, Maester Gerik of Umbra, Noble mages" a voice said from behind, greeting both Gerik, Diane, and Vincent, mistaking the lich for a human mage. Lieutenant Mastiff, who'd been seen the night prior in this very square, stood with his arms behind his back, a wide smile on his face. "It is a surprise to see you both here, given that the mages are convening in the Great Hall of the cathedral shortly. Coming to see this monstrosity for yourself, I take it? Quite the shocking turn of events. This automaton has been a central attraction here in the square for years; how and why it suddenly went rogue and attacked the city with some kind of conscience has us all mystified." He tilted his head, rubbing his goatee with a gloved hand before turning his gaze back to the maester. "Might you have any ideas, Maester?"

Miko Village
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , RikuXIII RikuXIII , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

The maestra's gaze darkened at Vallery's gestures about the wraith's escape, shifting away from her fellow mages with a weighted expression. "Oh."

She threw off the covers and rose from the bed, stretching her arms over her head and to the side. Her fine silk gown was well-wrinkled from having slept in it, but she seemed to pay it little heed. "We must go back to the valley and collect more Itika," she said, moving to grab her personal effects. "I'm sure that we've already wasted enough time as it is–"

"Maestra," Tiru interjected, rising from his seat without making a motion toward Aislinn. "We have already garnered many a sackful, and with Richter's efficient means of gathering loose Itika using his crystals we have quite the abundance." He eyed the head mage with suspicion, though averted his gaze when Aislinn glanced his way.

"We need more than just an abundance," Aislinn answered, tone critical. "If everyone is ready we will be leaving after our meal."

"I will not be joining you," Tiru said slowly, shaking his head. "I grow tired, maestra, of running these errands, which are both illegal and seemingly spontaneously. You have not provided us with any answers or explanation, only that you need this. Why? What are you concocting that the other courts can't know, that your own loyal court cannot know?!"

At this the Maestra's gaze shifted toward Richter, seemingly exchanging something with eye contact alone before she turned back to Tiru. "I understand. My motives seem . . . questionable at best. All will become clear in the future days ahead, of that I can promise you. For now, I expect your trust and loyalty, as you have doubtlessly shown me over the past weeks. I know it is hard, but I do implore your patience just a little longer."

Shifting her dark silky locks over her shoulder, she turned wide-eyed toward the other mages of her court, gaze lingering on both Elliot as well as Quinn. "Do the rest of you feel the same? Do you, too, wish to abandon me and my cause?"

–Sanctus Heights: The Viridian Villa–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

It was a long night, one which Tibarn spent drinking. Seeing Sanctus Heights in its current state made his stomach churn and his heart ache, all of the buildings that were reduced to ash and the sobbing hysterical people that had lost loved ones in the night. This brought along thoughts that Tibarn would sooner abandon, and so once the party took up residence in one of the intact inns, known as The Viridian Villa, Tibarn had left his belongings, told Arno where to find him, and went off to drink, until he made himself sick. He didn't return until well past three in the morning, where he barely slumped into bed and remained there. If the others were up, they would not find him about, even as breakfast was being served in the lounge that morning.

Zion and Ronin escaped successfully, Zion with the thief in tow. Where they reside now, however, is a mystery to essentially all within Sanctus Heights.

Last edited:
Quinn
The maid simply cocked her head at Aislinn. “Please dont speak such profanity. Its unbecoming of you Maestra. You should know by now that I would go against the entirety of the court Ignis alone if you simply snapped your fingers for me to do so. Much like i would the entirety of our court.” She kneels before Aislinn. “Ive been instructed to work by your side. So i am here. If you wish to return to the valley then I will follow. Your burdens shall be lightened ten fold with me by your side. For i shall carry them all if i must.” She remained there. Even when it got awkward. She actively chose to stay right next to Aislinn till otherwise commanded.

- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: Grand Cathedral -
Vincent would nod as he greeted the man. "After fighting the damn thing, I figured I would come and see if there was anything I can do in order to find out what caused this to happen." He admitted, looking over. "That is just it; Automatons are not meant to go rogue. They are merely puppets with metal strings. They move on calculated keys on the inside. Should it break it should stop moving all together, or even break itself by accident. But to have it come alive...no other explanation other than magic." He shrugged, stepping around in search of the rune that he had seen earlier. He reached for his notebook, taking it out as he flipped the pages. He found the one where he had sketched the odd rune before it began its attack, walking around the leg area. He found it, but he still had no idea what it was. It was slightly bent due to the damage to the grand dragon, but it was still visible. He would look at the rune, furrowing his brows. "This is it." He would look down at the legs of the beast. The metal screws and nails were bent up and still remaining on the feet, which were used to make sure that the thing stayed stable and did not tip over so easily, even with the weight it had. "I do not think that this was the creator's intention."

Arkane continued to aimlessly play with the strand of hair. "To walk through those streets to reach here was as dreadful as you might expect." He did not show it, but the one interaction with that mother asking him to bring her child back to life did end up affecting him, just a tad bit. But he did not allow it to show. "I am well. I was exhausted by the time I arrived. After a bath and a few curses I was out like a light until an hour ago." He admitted, glancing at him. "Well, I happened to be flying overhead when you collapsed. Had I not seen it I am sure you would probably be waking up on the roof around this hour." He admitted, a small smile on his lips as his attention returned to the front ahead. "Today the meeting should bring up questions and answers, hopefully. According to the rumors and talk the Ignis court were the ones to arrive first and encounter the beast. It was an unexpected enemy, and it got out of control before they could realize that the fire was spreading faster than they could take down the automaton...or whatever that thing was." He would sigh. The courts were already unstable after the thing with Vivifica, and now they were dealing with the partial burning of a whole city. Things just seemed to be getting worse and worse for the courts. "Should we stop by the food court? Maybe you will see Lev there before the meeting. A cup of coffee would certainly not do bad, either." He admitted. Hector heard food, and he was off after it. Arkane noticed. "Hector! You cannot digest any of it! It will fall out of your stomach!" Arkane frowned. "Eh. He will come back once he has his fill."

Thanny Thanny

Arun would look up at Mellark, blinking a few times as he would nod. He took a seat, thanking him as he would eat up his pancakes. He would keep his gaze low. It was obvious that he adored chocolate by this point, but with the chocolate pancakes it was really getting ridiculous. He would glance up to see a woman (Everyth) having accidentally spilled some hot chocolate on Soren, only to then fix the issue with apple juice. Now this made him laugh, having to cover his mouth at the sight. Soon enough he heard a whimper. He looked down to see Hector. The undead pug was wagging his tail as he would be sitting on his two, his upper paws folded as he looked as if he was begging for food. Now it would be cute, had it not have its actual rib bones visible...an Umbra mage dog? Arun stared, and he could not say no to the dog. Arun figured; it was already dead, it could not possibly die again. Therefor, he cut a bit of his pancake and offered it to the dog. The dog would eat it right up, chewing happily before moving onto the rest of the table, asking for food with a cute face.

- Henry Heid - Sun of Ignis - Grand Cathedral -

The night before Henry would find himself both restless, uneasy and extremely thirsty, considering he absorbed so many flames it dehydrated him quite a bit, as he was led to his room he'd look out the window to see the city's state with melancholy, before fetching some water to drink, and soon after taking a bath to relax somewhat. Only able to drift to sleep after some time in bed, so many thoughts rushing through his mind. How? why? what? what had happened today? and how? He did not quite know, but he couldn't help but feel that he could have done better in the fight, and helped more people with the relief efforts.

///

The next day Henry would wake up, having slept quite badly would leave him somewhat tired, nothing a splash of water on his face didn't solve, as he woke up quite quickly with that, quickly dressing up and moving out of his room. Fully clothed, and clean. He'd move to the food hall, to get some much needed sustenance. As he moved there he would interact with anyone who approached him, be them civilians or not. It was the least he could do. He soon arrived just as Everyth let some hot chocolate fall on Soren, he had entered right as it happened, as he simply moved by the side with a smile as he laughed at the sight. Looking at the woman who had accosted him, and smiling at both of them as he went to grab some food.

He saw Anya, Nero, Arun and some others sitting in a table, table was already rather populated, would be rude to just waltz in there. But first he needed to grab some food, hoping someone would interact with him.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Arno Cross - Viridian Villa - Sanctus Heights -

Having spent the night somewaht uneasily with their newfound acquaintance, Saffron. A woman Tibarn was fond of and Gabriel not so much. Arno took the sight of the burning and wrecked city better than his fellow companions. a simple moment of silence more than sufficed for him, as they had to find shelter for the night, which they did. In a rather decent inn in Sanctus, one of the more medium class areas of the city, untouched by the flames.

Tibarn had left for the night to go drinking, Arno allowed the man to go drink his sorrows away, not deciding to do much, other than going to see if he needed to be carried back to the inn, thankfuly before Arno had left to get him, Tibarn had arrived at exactly three in the morning, slumping into a bed and drifting to sleep.

When the morning came Arno would be found overlooking the nearest window, without his coat, having a neat and clean white shirt, many of which's characteristics were that of social clothing, usualy worn under suits and tuxedos. Would be out of character for Arno, if the man didn't have his hat on. As he enjoyed a quiet smoke as he overlooked the window. Would be the perfect time for someone to approach him, as he wasn't exactly deep in thought, he was simply relaxing before going to get breakfast.

HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Richter Vanis - Miko Village -

Richter would stay silent as he was about to answer Aislinn's question about the spirit, but Valery beat him to it as she said the spirits were driven away.
It was then that tensions escalated, with Tiru in particular refusing to take the Maestra back to the valley in order to gather more Itika. As Aislinn turned to look at him Richter's eyes would meet her as he'd slowly nod.

As Quinn spoke her mind, showing her loyalty to the Maestra, Richter would step towards Aislinn. "I shall go to the Valley with you Aislinn. I will not abandon you, or our mission." Richter spoke, directly, consise, but with attitude and willpower in his voice.

He'd quickly place a hand, gently on Tiru's shoulder as he'd look at the mage. "You have every right to doubt what we are doing. And if you don't wish to go back with us to the valley it's ok. Follow your heart Tiru." Richter would speak to the mage, before turning to Aislinn.

"AIslinn, are you sure you don't wish to rest some more before heading out?"

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria RikuXIII RikuXIII

Last edited:
Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - With Nero and Co

Kagura slid through the crowd. With a plate of food, the dancer, appeared and slid beside Nero. Plate piled with waffles drowned in syrup, the Water Dancer ate quietly, not saying much. Wide awake and alert, it was clear Kagura was not a fan of large crowds when not dancing, and as such was a bit tense. Shifting a bit, Kagura looked up at Nero. After the Maestra had headed off, Kagura had healed all that could be healed before fatigued. Oh, how poor Kaga passed out in bed. After a full night asleep, the Dancer was now refilling both belly and soul with delicious, syruppy waffles with a nice, tall glass of milk. Because without milk, one cannot become big and strong. Sadly, Kagura was going to be short. Very short. No one tell 'em.
Kaga glanced at Incarose and Anya, only giving them a shy head bow.

Zion - Vivifica - Sick of this

Sitting in a tower near the northern part of the city, Zion had healed up the thief. She had taken flight and let the chaos consume her trail, and now was sitting on the edge of the tower, kicking her legs idly as she waited for the damn thief to wake up so she could demand answers, anything, before heading back to find Jynn. She sighed.
"Some days. Some. Days."

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Sanctus Heights

Eclaire purchased many things. Medicine, clothes, and soaps and shampoo for Feynne. Leaving the girl at a hospital to be cared for after her use of mana, she had headed to where Umbra was bunking and passed out. The situation in Sanctus Heights had been in hand when she arrived, and now she was wondering what now. Sighing and rubbing her eyes, she moved through the crowd. Everything needed to make sure the girl was cared for...but she didn't know what else to do. Keep her as an attendant? Was she allowed to? Find a Court? What else would she really do?
Sighing, she suddenly stopped. Weapon Shop. Grinning, she decided to splurge, and headed inside. Looking around and exploring, she just browsed and looked around. Mother had added a little extra, so she could get some new weapons. She was a sword-lover through and through...and she found something. At the back, Aether Engine Blades were blades gleaming. She didn't even get to turn before the presence of the shopkeep turned to her. "Fine ones, they are. Not even named. Got them right before that Automaton went crazy. And you look like someone with an eye for blades." He grinned.
"Yeah. I'm a sword-lover, though I have tried my hands at spears before."
"Ah, yes...well, you won't find finer Engine Blades. The newest designs, just made by Regalia. For magic users, these twins are made specifically. The blue one is made with Lightforged Steel, steel made by Vivifica....before they caused issues. The other is Obsidian Iron, from Umbra. Can't deny them mages know how to imbue their metals as they make them for the blacksmiths." He laughed. "From that jacket I guess Umbra, right? The Obsidian Iron one will fit perfectly with your magic."
She reached out to touch the blades. The prices displayed were high....she had enough....but she only needed...

Remember, Eclaire. No matter how far you fly, the light will always be there to guide you. Now go honey. Fly fast, and fly true. I know you'll do great. See you when you get home, alright? And when you do, I promise. I'll tell you why your mother and I separated.

"I'll take them both."

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Sanctus Heights, Grand Cathedral

Jynn and Yael manage to reach the stables, easy enough. Perhaps the person in charge is on break or something. Regardless, Jynn notices a chef entering a door. He recalls Mabel’s words. “...there is a side entrance through these very stables that leads into the kitchens...” The chef grabs a white apron from a row of hooks, full of cleaned aprons. Jynn also notices that the chef’s attire is extremely similar to his. “....a chef is discerned by their black attire and white aprons.....”

With haste, Jynn grabs an apron with quiet, but enthusiastic “Yoink.” There were two large pockets on the sides of the apron, and Yael looked small enough to fit in one of them. He gives Yael an implication. “I don’t think the chefs want a cat in the kitchen.”

Yael would wag the tail, admiring the uniform. "Nya, we are entering through the kitchen? That is perfect! It is breakfast time!" He said, waging his tail happily. He was suggested that a chef would not like a cat in the kitchen. He would purr. "Well he is definitely not going to like a mouse in it either." He purred, his eyes glowing as there would be a purple smoke surrounding his body. It was quick, as from the smoke a black mouse would jump off the shoulder and into one of the pockets. Yael peeked his head up, huge, bright purple eyes staring up at Jynn with a small smirk, if that was possible. "We begin the mission." He whispered, hiding back into the pocket. "Onward!" The kitchen staff were half-way busy, cooking and making sure that breakfast was served properly for the mages that had come all the way for the meeting. They walked back and forth, calling orders to each other and keeping up with the pace. Yael would remain as still as he could, although the scent of food would make his tiny stomach growl. "Jynn. Jynn. What is the likeliness of you sneaking me in something when no one is looking? Broccoli even."

Last edited:
Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Sanctus Heights, Grand Cathedral

Yael was quick to transform into a mouse and hide in the pocket. As soon as they both enter the kitchen, it appeared as busy as Mabel said. Several chefs take glances at him to maneuver around him, but thankfully, nobody seems to know he is one of the Vivifica mages that escaped prison the day before. Yael starts to discuss his hunger. “I’m not sure if I can find the right opportunity........” But as Jynn talks, a chef accidentally drops slices of carrots, and the mage immediately reacts by grabbing them all before they reach the ground. The chef thanks him immediately. “Thank you sir! I would’ve lost my job if our boss noticed that. Please keep them, since they’re already in your hand!” He turns back around to chop more slices of carrots in or to recover what he lost. Jynn sighs. “Well, that went easier than I thought.”

As soon as the coast was clear, Jynn hands the slices down to Yael. “Here, this should be good for now.” Jynn takes a moment to notice the servants’ area. Peeking in, he does not see anyone around.

Yael remained quiet as he listened to the surroundings. Soon enough he was blessed with a rain of carrots, and Yael swore he could see god in the shape of Jynn dropping them in. Yael was more than happy, jumping up and grabbing one of them as it fell, quickly chewing down on them. "You have my undying loyalty." Yael teased, filling his cheeks with the carrots as he ate. They would arrive at the servant's area. Servants were on and about preparing the meeting, and thus they were not around in their usual quarters as they had much to do to make sure everything went smoothly for the courts and the priestess. He would peek his head out from the pocket, chewing on the carrot as he glanced around. "What is your plan? The mages should either be eating breakfast, or preparing for the meeting." He chewed on some more carrots, humming. "Oh these carrots are so fresh!" He whispered, eating up a bit more. "Right! What was the plan again? We are already in. Need me to cause a distraction?"

- Thea Nero, Incarose Vassar - Sanctus Heights - The Grand Cathedral - Dining Saloon -

While Incarose greeted Anya, Nero finished the rest of her cup of tea, only to notice that Mellark and another mage, probably from Ignis, if his tone towards Anya gave away any indication, joined their table.

"Please, you don't have to ask for our permission to take a seat," Nero answered the Arun before turning towards Mellark, "And good morning to you, Mister Crowe, it is nice for you to join us. With last night's situation, I am surprised that my mages are awake at this hour. Everyone, this is Mellark Crowe, one of the Court of Somnum's excellent mages."

Incarose was getting slightly nervous while waiting for Incarose's response, mostly because of that strange sensation she had, and because she was getting surrounded by mages. The noise made by a couple of mages made both Nero and Incarose turn around to look at the source, it looked that there had been a small accident, one involving drinks. Nero tilted her head for a moment, until Kagura joined them. Incarose, noticing Kagura's bow, timidly waved back and smiled at the dancer before turning to look at Anya once more.

"Good morning, Kagura, I hope you had a good night of rest. Well, as good as it can be, considering all the help we had to provide last night," Nero said as she gently ruffled Kagura's hair, "both you and Mister Crowe should be proud of what you did last night. A lot of people were saved thanks to all of you. Oh, this is Kagura Sumeragi, another mage of Somnum."

Nero heard the whimper of a creature, probably a dog, and when she looked down there was indeed a dog. An undead one. This would have been surprising if not because she knew that the Court of Umbra was supposed to be joining them. Or because Professor Rheva Eiluned loved to show her undead projects. Such a curious woman she was. Incarose failed to notice the undead dog as she waited for the Ignis mage.

- Diane Corbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Central Square -

While the Maester and the other mage spoke with the Officer, Diane got closer to the strange dragon-looking contraption. She had seen it causing troubles last night, but, since she had no order to help fight against the machine, she kept out of the Ignis Court's way. The Lich walked around the dragon machine for a couple of minutes, wondering what kind of thing had made the thing come to life and destroy a big part of the Central Square.

After a little while she noticed that Vincent was looking at something around the leg area of the machine, and so she walked next to Vincent to take a look. The moment her lamp got close enough to the leg, the chain began to rattle and the green flame began to glow brighter. The pale woman crouched to take a better look. After a few minutes observing the rune she stood up and walked next to the Maester. The moment she pulled the lamp away from the leg of the automaton, it stopped rattling and the flame grew weaker.

"This is. . .interesting. The use of blood as a catalyst suggest some form of knowledge about magic. With the modern use of arcane practices, such as hand gestures and the use of arcane words, the use of blood as a catalyst has been, mostly, stopped being used by everyone," Diane whispered to the Maester in a monotone tone, avoiding being heard by either the officer or Vincent, "It seems that a form of ritual has been performed here on this machine. There are signs that the machine once housed a soul. My lamp had a reaction when it was close to the rune.

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, with Aquilla before heading to the meeting -

"I'll see what the chef can whip up," he responded with a booming laugh, shrinking his hand back to his side. "I'll talk with the doctor as well and see if you can get whatever you need to get you back on your feet in record time."

Shooting her a last grin, he trod towards the nearest doctor he could find within this wing of the building. Explaining the situation was easy enough, but Doctor Gorbo G. was not too receptive he felt. Daruk wondered if he was thinking of buying a new armchair all the while, and taking his leave with a "Never mind" he headed to a more competent doctor. She would definitely be more able to fulfill the requests and promised a fresh slice of cheesecake, having good rapport with the kitchen staff, and the proper medication as soon as it could be delivered.

Happy as ever that Aquilla would be getting good treatment, he waltzed off toward the meeting room. He espied the Somnum Maestra and Anya seated at a mostly Somnum-occupied table, and after orchestrating his plate with what must have been three platefuls of food stacked onto one plate he sat down with them, not waiting for an invite. A wide smirk washed over him as he listened in, biting down into the hash browns. He paid special attention at Soren and a lady Umbra mage standing face to face, probably in conversation. Aw, he thought. What a ladies' man!

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, with Arkane in the cathedral -

The older man continued plodding along at his usual pace, lifting an eyebrow upon the subject of his being carried by Arkane and his, in his opinion, tacky mount. That greatly explained why his back hurt, but he did not fault the youth, not at the moment, anyways. While he was not fond of others touching his personage, it was better that it was an Umbra mage assisting him than that of some normal person of no renown and of base desires and ambitions.

"Thank you for aiding me, then. You spared me from getting astoundingly saturated from that rain you conjured in that case," he voiced dryly before dropping humour. "So that thing that caused the conflagration was a . . . machine? A living machine? Fascinating, though it could not have come at a worse time. Tensions are high, tempers will flare, and convincing will take the longest time to perform. Unless Gerik has something up his sleeve," he voiced bitterly, especially in terms of the Maester of Umbra. He wondered what goes on in that man's head, though he feared it to be nothing good for anyone else but himself. "A cup of coffee would perk me up. Hopefully Lev is here. Our last visit was a good while back, and I would love to see her."

Entering the great hall, and finding a fair amount of amusement watching the dog run off towards the food, he aimed to consult the coffee maker to get a fresh cup of something very dark, thick like sludge, and hot.

Arkane shook his head, looking to the side with a bit of colors on his cheeks. "A-Ah. Well. It would not do you well to suffer from smoke inhalation." He said, smiling as he looked up at Pali. When it came to the machine, he would hum. "That is just it. The machine is meant to be just a machine. How can something so complicated be constructed and kept hidden so well?" He asked. He had no qualms with the Umbra Maester. As long as he did not bother him and did not end up getting in the way, he would not give much complaints. They arrived at the meal hall, and Arkane went straight to get his pet back. "Hector. Come back here." He called, patting his lap. The dog, who was previously begging for more food, would turn around and run back to Arkane. He would rub Hector's head. "You know that you cannot digest food." He insisted, poking his cheek as he would stand back up. He walked away and headed to get himself some food. He served himself up some scrambled eggs and ham with a piece of bread, and settled for water. He glanced around and saw Everyth. She seemed to have encountered Soren in a small accident. She is back on the hunt, he thought. He would keep his eye half on Everyth, walking away while not paying attention when he bumped into Henry himself. Although not with the same catastrophic results as he held his plate and glass tightly. "O-Oh. Hey, watch where you are walking-" Arkane snapped, looking up at Henry. He blinked a few times. Ah! He was cute!

Thanny Thanny Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Arun would eat up as he looked around. He would wait until he swallowed before answering. "An honor to meet you all, Kagura, Mellark...everyone else." Somnum. He had not seen them arrive. Then again once he was done he went straight to his room to get a bath and collapse for the evening. He did not recognize half of this table and he had little conversation inspiration but hey, at least he was trying, right? At least he could read the room. Incarose seemed anxious, and Kagura still seemed sleepy. Was this just a standard Somnum trait? Arun would straighten his back a bit, watching the dog run off to his master, and then again to go after food. He would turn his attention to Kagura, waving at her hello before resuming to finish eating his pancakes. Was Kagura new to Somnum? Maybe? He had no idea. He could not possibly keep up with all of the members from all of the courts. "I did not notice Somnum arrive. But I heard your water expertise helped and was invaluable to save the city. Thank you for that." He added, just in general to the table as he drank some milk himself.

Elrandir Elrandir RikuXIII RikuXIII Xion136 Xion136

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back