• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, on the way to the meeting / in the meeting -

The fox kid would have expected anything but Kagura's grasping his arm upon finding them, his face flushing in embarrassment. Kagura was so close to him, and out of all of them she chose to do so to him. His mind rushed with thoughts and possibilities of what this could have meant -- chiefly whether she was as interested in him as he was in her, at least as a person -- but that couldn't be, could it?

Heart thumping in his chest, saliva gathering in his throat, Jari gulped and looked around at the others.

"Uh, I got it, Kagura. We're heading to the meeting now. Could you, uh, lead the way though? You must know your way back."

-- -- --

Jari did not end up getting his drink either through Vlad's directions or Kagura's, but he had much to think about that kept him drunk all the same. There were the two girls he had the pleasure of getting acquainted with, something he had never really had done before, just admiring from afar. He daydreamed of possibly talking with them some more after the meeting was over, but the meeting proved to be quite the cure for his lackadaisical thoughts. Things grew serious as soon as the high priestess spoke, and it only got more serious as time went on. The elders seemed, at least to him, very stubborn in their decision making, maybe even unfair, but they were elders for a reason, right? Perhaps they were just looking out for the others like Maester Daruk did and still does, or like Miss Nero as Maestra of the Somnum Court. He could not imagine himself doing such, though.

The firebrand that was Zion came and left, spitting flames and drawing weaponry out of thin air, but not using them except as a means of threatening. He did not condone her actions, but he had to question: are all mages supposed to be this strong? There were those two from before who had the power to mould smoke and manifest rain. If all had these skills, he had a long ways to go. Very long.

What she had in skill of magic, though, she did not have a very good manner of convincing. The brash attitude and lack of submission inspired him to question, but more to question her than the elders. He tightened his hand to his chest as he felt his electric powers attempt to surge out of control just out of fear. Breathing deeply was enough to calm himself, but just barely. He needed much more practise before he could be called an archmage, or even anyone worthy of respect.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster RikuXIII RikuXIII Xion136 Xion136

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, at the meeting -

Pali harrumphed at the thought of the elders disparaging Aislinn, his body language showing his discontent with the situation as he shifted his folded hands into folded arms. Granted, he did not like the girl as much as the next individual, considering their bitter break-up, but the years softened his thoughts of her, and he had Lev to think of as well. Those reasons alone would have granted a reprieve from him, but there was another thought stuck in his head, ruminating in the back of his mind. He would never voice it, though.

Zion flashed into the limelight faster than he could, and he glared at her with his dark eyes. A Vivifica mage skulking in Umbra robes was a nauseating image, and worse yet there were two of such individuals, counting Eclaire. Snarling as she prattled on and on about the unfairness of the situation and casting so much aggression before suddenly leaving, Pali took it upon himself to take action, with or without Gerik's permission, and rose to his feet from the back of the Umbra Court's seating arrangement.

"This woman sneaks in, gabs for three minutes, and barges out? Ridiculous," he huffed. "I will attempt to bring her back. Tradition or no tradition, she will know courtesy."

Pali started to move faster, whispering stuff under his breath, and reached the door, shoving both of the doors in much of the same sense as Zion did, but without sound and not quite as open before closing behind him. His footfalls were still loud enough to be heard, and if smiles were audible his would strike Zion like falling rocks.

"I insist that you come back, vocal coward," he brought to speech, opening his robe in a flare up of magic and air. Reddened eyes could be seen within the shadows as he seemingly twirled the space around them both in an illusory field, and the ground itself seemed to rope itself into three equidistant snakes of earth all around her in an attempt to ensnare the self-proclaimed altruist. If she dared to leave the swirling hemisphere without any magical protection, she will find herself tossed earthward.

Real illusion was a tricky thing, and Pali's strong suit, though capturing live prey was not. He hoped that this attempt would lead to a quick victory, but Zion's strong suit was light magic, a natural and matching counter to his light-based illusory skills. This had to end quickly before she discovered how it worked.

Xion136 Xion136 Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, within the meeting -

Blinking in astoundment of all that had happened, the red-headed Maester shook his head.

"Well, a few minutes in and we are already productive. Look at us go! Hah! But much needs to be said, both to this Vivifican boy here and to you, fair elders and fair Priestess Mabel." He leaned in, head swaying left and right to examine the mage from his seat. "Yes, I know this man from the past, though I cannot recall when. The hair, I think. Jynn, is it? Do you know the depth of what you are saying? Are you willing to turn your back on your leader to preserve lives? If so, this strikes upon the balance I so crave. You can be the instrument to change if so. Would you not say so, Mabel? Elders? Maester and Maestra? Through him, things could arrive at a hopefully bloodless solution we all could hope for."

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice RikuXIII RikuXIII Elrandir Elrandir Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza

Zion - Vivifica - Engaged by Pali

She was moving out with purpose...but then the illusions came. She slowed to a stop, the snakes surrounding her, aiming to trap her. She slowly half-turned towards Pali, golden eyes burning with the light of the sun. A pulse of pure light, one that would not harm anyone coporeal, erupted from her, a sphere extending from herself. She looked upon Pali, her weapons manifesting, dozens upon dozens of weapons filling the air around and behind her. Most were constructs of Light, while the rest were coporeal. She had not withdrawn any real weapons in her speech - meaning she merely had a point to make, and did not wish to bare any true steel. The swelling of magic from her was palpable - a constant wave, like the ocean, one of pure Light. But it was a healing pulse as well, soothing any aches that Pali might have. Even when angry, furious, she was maintaining the ideals she pontificated. She was an altruist, wanting to heal. Until a time as Pali truly showed her as an enemy, she did not change her ways.
"The elders are strangled by tradition, the Priestess locked in a cage, beholden to the angry whims of those elders. I am no coward, but I was not attempting to change the Elders. They are stuck in their ways, stuck in tradition. Traditions will inevitably lead to your end. If that is your choice, so be it. I will protect all who I can, even if I must become the villain of the Elder's story." She had yet to truly attack, that pulse of Light continual, growing stronger as she beat upon the illusions without mercy, weapons at the ready. She was making no real move to attack Pali directly.

Even when given the kill order, the altruist held back her arms. If anything, her convictions would stay her hand for a time. Pray have mercy on those who forced her hand, and unleashed her wrath.

Thanny Thanny

Isabelle-Umbra- Cathedral Hallway

The blood mage bolted down the hall spotting Pali, seeing both him and Zion bringing out magic she moved in closer, hand on her longsword’s handle. “PALI! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” She exclaimed. She prepared to bite her own lip to get a small flow of blood going, choosing to wait before using her own magic to defend herself.

Thanny Thanny Xion136 Xion136

Jynn Venas, Vivifica- Grand Cathedral

Everything seemed to go a little better than expected, the Ignis and Somnum leaders seemed interested in what he has to say. Maestra Nero conjures up a suppression field around the mage, but it didn’t feel suppressive at all. Regardless, Jynn shows that he has no ill intentions. He takes a seat where he stood, crossing his legs, while taking a sideways glance to Daruk. “Anything to save lives and preserve our future. Though, I wouldn’t say I’m betraying Aislinn. She is very well aware that I do not follow her lead when it comes to Itika. Apparently that’s one of the reasons why she chose me to be the heir. As for her reasons of making these decisions involving the mana, she’s very vague about it. Quiet as a giraffe when asked for further explanation.”

Lev Noirtier, Ignis - Grand Cathedral

Lev enters the grand hall, and already, there seems to be activity. She takes a seat next to Arun, while looking at Jynn. “Arun........ is something happening?”

Last edited:
- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: The meeting-
Arun would remain quiet as he watched the rest of the courts go at it. Vivifica spoke their piece, Umbra spoke their concerns, the elders and the priestess gave their orders. The tension in the room could be cut with a knife and no one would want a piece of it. When Incarose approached closer, he provided any comfort he could by standing tall as a shield. He played with his fingers as he glanced Lev approaching. "Lev." He spoke, glancing back up at the meeting. His eyes would dart in between Incrarose and Lev before returning to the meeting before him. "The elders have denounced vivifica as their maester has failed to show up. They wish for us to rescue as many mages from their current beliefs, and bring the maestra back. Dead or alive, although highly preferable alive." He would look down at the two of them. "Vivifica mages have shown on their own accord. One denounces their maestra while the other has played undying loyalty until the very end. It has not answered any question; it has only caused more." He crossed his arms, furrowing his brows at the sight. "...in other words, this is a sh*tshow so far." He admitted. Even he could see that although things were relatively calm now, they had the potential of spinning out of control by the slightest of indifference. Too many prideful and stubborn minds sitting in one room clashing heads all together. "One vivifica mage has left. I believe your father and another Umbra mage went after her."

Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza Elrandir Elrandir

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, confronting Zion -

Pali looked worriedly at his illusions as Zion glowed with flaring bursts of light. The snakes remained but were shadows of what they once were. The boundary flickered, but otherwise was fine, seemingly because of the lack of destructive force behind the blasts of restoration. He scoffed when he felt the waves wash over him, relieving the aches of his back and knees.

Healing magic? What farce is she performing? he thought to himself, crafting a shadowy shield around him out of illusion magic, absorbing the rays and not letting them pass through. He was greatly distrustful of this mage, and Isabelle's callout did not help with keeping him at ease.

"Stay out of this, Isabelle. My magic does not play favourites," he barked, turning his eyes to face Zion in full. "Perhaps the word 'coward' is not the right one. 'Disdainful' and 'presumptuous' sounds more apt. True enough, traditions are meant for order, yet following them to the grave is a fool's errand. However, as you need to learn respect, perhaps being brought to your knees would school you."

Pali clenched one hand into a fist and the snakes reformed, closing in on Zion as they attempted to wrap her up in frenzied, wild movements. The other hand, once behind him, was already gathered into a fist and unravelled before him. This hand narrowed the illusory boundary, the intent to knock her down with its effect of launching someone earthward. Should both of his techniques be successful, Zion would feel quite the vertigo and be ensnared by earthen/wooden snakes. Not the best of situations if so for Zion. Pali, while feeling optimistic, thought up a few backup wishes as he stepped forward, just in case this did not happen, which was a very big possibility considering the magical capabilities of this girl.

Isabelle- Umbra- Hallway

“Pali you need to stop this at once! Its neither the time nor the place for this.” She slowly drew her blade choosing to make a cut on her finger as she pulled it. “Are you really going to follow the words of madness that were spoken in that hall?!” She took the blade into two hands. The air growing icy cold in an instant. She tilted her blade down, allowing the blood to slide along its edge.

- Laguna, The Maelstrom, Somnum - Grand Cathedral -

"Become the villain?"

The question would come from the masked Somnum, resounding across the cathedral, as words that held barely hidden contempt and venom. The entire time Zion had been posturing, lecturing the elders and proclaiming innocence while making her grandiose statements, Laguna had been listening intently. Though not with genuine interest, but steadily growing hate. Already, Laguna felt a great disdain for the Vivifica Mages and their Maestra who did not attend the meeting, but now, Zion, firmly on the side of the treacherous Maestra, bursts in and tries to infer that the great Elders and High Priestess are the ones at fault? Lunacy, Laguna felt. And it all came to a head in the moment Zion addressed Pali, with Lightning crackling in their clenched fist.

"You are as ignorant as I had hoped you were not...by taking this position, you are the one at fault, you are the villain, Zion! You and your band of deserters and their scheming Maestra." Laguna uttered aloud, rising from their seat with a seething tone of voice behind their modulation and immovable countenance. Then, thunder rumbled and a flash of Lightning in the sky could be seen as Laguna pointed Mjolnir toward the Light Mage.

"Thunder take you and your Maestra's goons!" The Somnum mage would bellow just before hurling a lightning-charged Mjolnir at Zion, which would likely force a dawnguard. Either way, Laguna would then call the hammer back and charge toward Zion in a speedy, aggressive motion with a yell, intending on rushing Zion down and thus, out of the Cathedral doors, or through them if need be, if only to keep her away from the Elders, practically paying Jynn no heed for the time being.

(Just something for Laguna for now. The heat is killing me. :P)

Zion, Archmagus of Light - Vivifica - Grand Cathedral

"My respect is earned. Decreeing that genocide is perfectly fine forfeits my respect for the foreseeable future." She growled. Her weapons flashed away and faded. Her healing stopped as a shockwave of light erupted at the snakes, and her Dawnguard was baited out as Laguna engaged. "Get out of here, girl. Unless you wish to be the villain, all that awaits you is the path of most resistance. The path of conviction. So unless you are ready to become the villains of the Elder's narrative, of their story, then return to the hall and retake your seat." Laguna's charge was something she would do, the girl noted. An almost kindred soul. She smiled ruefully before kicking back as her wings flared to life, retreating. She had every intention of leaving anyways. Might as well take the chase. She spun and rocketed towards the door, a spherical shockwave erupting to cleanse the area around her for the escape. It was thrown wide by her telekinesis, and finally the Archmagus rocketed out into the open sky. She nearly turned and unleashed Albion Strike, her signature attack...but no. People could get hurt. Not those chasing her. She spun around, Dawnguard shields forming all around her. So far she was focusing on using her defensive options to minimize any collateral damage, especially with fanatics charging after her. She grimaced. That Umbra mage and his illusions...she had to brute force her way out, but the effects of the vertigo were not fully dodged. She faltered in the area, slowly taking in breaths as she recovered. She didn't have enough true time to find the right lightwave, and had to use them all. Far less effective, and far more mana. She hadn't recovered it all over the past few days, especially since a lot was spent healing. And now Laguna, and probably Pali, were coming...and that girl. Coming to her aid.

She appreciated it.

But with two powerful mages after her, the girl could, and probably would, be harmed. And Zion did not wish for that. She made her decision, even if it was not the most rational. But all this talk of tradition and rules, of order. Of respect. Those who do not question do not deserve power. It is those that question power, that strive to understand, that even stand and oppose it, even if it is just for the sake of argument, that deserve power. Those who follow without dissent are not free. They are pawns. Puppets.

And there were no strings on her. And if Aislinn turned out to have betrayed her trust, then...well...

She'd learn that too.

{Gerik Lockford - Umbra Court: Sanctus Heights; Meeting}
The Umbral Maester had been uncharacteristically quite through the ceremony and Zion's outburst. He made a small motion for Micah to follow Zion from a safe distance, though waved the youth off when Pali went after Zion. Gerik gave Arkane an approving look after he had finished his speech. It was pleasing when the younger mages used their heads. Now with Jynn revealed and Diane keeping an eye on him, Gerik stirred.
"Quiet as a giraffe, perhaps." He said, getting up and strolling into the center of the council. "But there are many other was to gain insight into a person. Describe how she has been acting, how has she slept? Does she act in fear? Anger? How does she explain her actions benefit mankind? I ask you consider these questions a moment while I deal with other matters."
He turned away from Jynn and towards the elders.
"Honored Elders, Grand Prestess, and fellow maesters." The Umbral Maester began. "While it seems easier to pronounce Vivifica an enemy and be done with it, that course of action is folly. Due to their work and precepts, they are popular with the masses. Simply denouncing them holds many dangers. It would also leave us unbalanced. We are Four Courts and Four Courts we shall remain. Likewise, while it seems easier and simpler to simply...remove Meastra Aislinn, you risk creating a martyr. She must be brought before us and put on trial. What happens to those who betray the sacred trust that binds us together cannot be done in the darkness, but in the light for all to see."
Gerk paused a moment before continuing.
"I likewise think we need to carefully consider the why of Aislinn's action. She is a Maestra. She knows as well as we do the need for balance and order. While I have my doubts about her wisdom, I would be a fool not to look into her reasoning carefully for the logic behind it. In the end, it may be madness. But for it to spark such extreme measures, we cannot ignore it until we have firm answers."
He turned back to Jynn, giving the younger mage a friendly smile.
"Now, if you've had enough time to think, what can you tell us of your maestra's mental state?"

- Thea Nero - Court of Somnum - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -

Nero looked Daruk and rolled her eyes, even in such situations, Daruk was still Daruk. She also noticed that one of her mages had gone after the Archmagus.

"Change can come if this child is meant to be maester, but we must take consequences into consideration too. We can find Maestra Nosferi, she can give us the answers we need, but her actions only have made it quite obvious that her time as Maestra of Vivifica is over," Nero said as she looked at the other Maesters, Elders and High Priestess, "You cannot expect any sane person to blindly follow their respective maester or maestra into doing illegal activities and be free from consequences. Just look at what one of Vivifica's archmages did just a few minutes ago. The lack of respect to the elders, to the High Priestess and the rules that our antecessors created to bring balance to the land is unbecoming of any mage, even if from Vivifica."

The Maestra looked towards the Elders and the High Priestess directly.

"The Archmage said that she would stand with Maestra Nosferi against our courts, and even her own flesh and blood, this could be taken as a declaration against any of us if we decide to look for Maestra Nosferi and attempt to bring her back, but I do not feel that she would wish something like that, a battle between courts must be avoided. The archmage's way of thinking is flawed and can be the source of further problems for the archmage and Vivifica. Learn of your companion's mistakes, Jynn of Vivifica. All of us are here to try find a way to fix what your Maestra has caused by her ongoing lack of response to our inquiries. Even so, I agree with what our friend over there said. Taking the life of the Maestra, or any Vivifican mage should be the absolute final option, no matter what. They could be reasoned with, but to take their lives is something that must be done only in the worst case scenario."

Nero stopped there and Gerik decided to join in the conversation. He made some good points such as Vivifica being popular with the masses, that they would be left unbalanced. They were the Four Courts, that was how it always worked, when one court needed help then the rest would offer to help them. Leaving Maestra Nosferi to be made a martyr could cause some problems for the rest of them too, and that was why the better choice was for her to be brought back and put on a fair trial. If the Maestra had something to hide and she needed help, then, maybe they could help, she only had to explain her actions, but if she was smuggling itika just for the sake of it, well, that was a different outcome. But Nosferi wasn't such a person. Or was she?

{Anya Alighieri - Ignis Court: Sanctus Heights; Cathedral Cafeteria}
"You'll get it, honey." Anya replied to Incarose with a smile.
With Arun's help, the younger phoenix bearer was looking more hopeful. It would be fragile to start, but it could grow. Maybe enough to anchor her against the fire inside her.
Anya left Arun and Incarose to talk as she leaned back to give Daruk a thumbs up. She could usually do what she liked under this maester. She'd probably push her limits one day, but until then, she'd take what she could get away with. As long as he never found out about Shaw...
"I wonder if he made it in alright?" she thought, thinking about her...well, illicit contact.
She should have tried to get in touch with him last night, but there was a lot of people to take care of. And with Incarose in tow, she may have to skip meeting with him. He wouldn't be happy, but that couldn't really be helped.
"Alright, kiddos, time to go to a boring meeting." Anya said, getting up.
*****Later, at the Meeting*****
Despite her calling it boring, Anya was sitting upright and alert as the ceremony began. Her early life in "high society" prepared her for long speeches of flowery speech. It wasn't her preferred way to spend time, but there was usually a reason for all of this.
"Not at all." Anya whispered back to Incarose. "The Vivifica Maestra broke the rules and hasn't come to answer for it. Zion is an old friends of mine. That even she's backing Aislinn is worrying."
She cast a worried eye on the elders.
"Especially if we damn all those who follow Aislinn."
Jynn's arrival and his questioning kept Anya's attention, though something changed when Maester Lockford began speaking. She seemed to be tenser and her face became carefully blank.
"What's your game?" she muttered, her narrowed eyes following the Umbral Maester.

{Mako Koyl - Somnum Court: Sanctus Heights; Sleeping quarters}
Vlad's question actually left Mako speechless for a few moments. Oh, how to spin this? Laugh it off? Admit it? NO! That was a horrible idea. She was still in inward turmoil when Vlad returned, his "lovebirds" comment deepening her misery, likewise coloring her cheeks. She couldn't dare look at Jari.
The young teleporter followed her fellow mages to the meeting, though the were intercepted by Kagura, who ltached on to Jari. The color drained form Mako's face as her blood ran cold...
***Later, at the Meeting***
The sacred traditions and discussion of important matters washed over Mako as she fumed in her own private hell. SHe should have said something. Maybe she should have taken Jari's hand? Yeah, like she hadn't already acted enought like a creeper. What was Kagura's game? The Dancer seemed inseparable from the Professor, then goes and grabs Jari's arm?
"Maybe that's just how Kagura is." Mako thought, trying to think good thoughts.
It didn't help.
The young mage's miserable musing was disrupted by Zion's entrance, speech, and exit. Mako looked around at the gathered courts. We're they just going to let her go? Even the Professor wasn't being committal on the subject. Mako sat nervously a few moments before her eyes sparked and she disappeared.
***Outside***
Mako watched as Zion, Pali, Isabelle, Laguna fought. This was crazy! Why was that Umbra Mage helping the Vivifca traitor? OKay, the whole "kill Vivifica" thing the elders were saying seemed harsh, but they were breaking the rules, right? This was all complicated and she wasn't in the mood.
As Zion released her lightwave, Mako teleported down next to Pali and Laguna, opening a portal before them, trying to absorb the lightwave, with the exit portal appearing behind Zion.

{Valery - Vivifica Court: Miko Village}
Valery's jaw tightened as tensions rose among the rogue court members. She trusted Aislinn, but doubt was an insidious enemy. It could creep in and turn thoughts dark. But the others seemed to be settling down. But with Elliot...the Warden eyed him with puzzlement and concern. She signed quickly.
"Are you feeling alright, Elliot?" her familiar said.

- Henry Heid - Grand Cathedral - Mage Meeting -

God damn this was a mess. And it was only getting worse.

Henry had taken his seat near his fellow Ignis mages, specificaly Anya and Arun, Makoto no doubt sitting by his side the entire time. The speech given by the elders and the high priestess was both out of character for someone so noble and of respected authority, Mabel especially, the high priestess especially, he never expected her to speak in such a manner, not condemning VIvifica but allowing for their deaths in case they did not comply? It was against the entirety of the laws of the courts, hell, it was downright tyrannical. What most grinded him was the reaction of the maesters, none of them showed any reaction to it. Was it because they had an image to uphold? Or were they complacent? he couldn't tell.

"I know how you're feeling..." He spoke to Makoto, low enough to not be heard by the elders or the maesters, he didn't really move, his stare was fixated on the elders and the high priestess as they gave their speech. "This is wrong...but there isn't anything we can do..." Henry spoke to Makoto in a conflicted tone, as much as his heart screamed it was wrong and he had to do something about it, his mind rationalized and kept him from speaking out, it was downright frustrating.

it was then that the mess got even worse. Zion appeared from within the Umbra mages, having hidden herself in a cloak as she gave her own speech, idealism seethed in the entire thing, but it was both unecessary and needlessly threatening, at least to him. While she didn't attack or hold any weapons towards them, she did say she would be the villain if need be, this was worrying. He knew all too well that Vivifican mages were extremely idealistic, but not to this extent. But he tried not to judge too much on her mindset, only watching in exasperation as she bolted out of the courtroom, with several mages following after her.

"...What jus-" He was then interrupted as Jynn showed up to explain the actions of his court and give his own side of the situation, as Nero made sure he wouldn't try anything, unfair as that might've been to the boy who clearly meant no harm.

So now they were at a very uneasy and very awkward situation with them having to get information out of Jynn.

"Makoto, what's your take on Vivifica?" Henry asked her. Deciding to stay silent for now, letting the Maesters talk freely, he figured speaking up right now would cause more problems than fix them, for now.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Xion136 Xion136 Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 RikuXIII RikuXIII Thanny Thanny

- Vlad - The Shadow Man - Meeting -

As the meeting began Vlad took the most formal sitting position possible, slumped back in his chair as he lazily looked at the elders and Mabel as they spoke, not really caring much about what they were saying or what Vivifica was doing, really. Although this business about them smuggling Itika did pick his interest, he knew the stuff was illegal and highly dangerous, so why were Vivifica of all things messing with the stuff? Regardless he stood mostly silent, sitting beside Mako, who sat beside Jari. Grinning at the girl's awkwardness. It was clear as day that the girl had a crush on Jari, who also had a crush on Kagura, who was inseparable from the Maestra. A true mess of a love circle. Seeing the lovebirds flail awkwardly was his favorite pass time, aside from partying.

Still though, with the entrance and subsequent exit of Zion, who had a few mages, and Mako follow her, possibly to get her back. Vlad looked around bored, only reason he was staying in the courtroom was to listen to the Maesters speak and to see what Vivifica was truly up to through Jynn. That and he was too lazy to walk out of the room, after all his seat was just beginning to get comfortable, specialy with Mako's seat now free.

He looked at Gerik with a sly smile though, hiding it from notice from anyone, not that many would pay attention to him anyway. Deciding to stay quiet as the meeting continued.

RikuXIII RikuXIII Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Thanny Thanny

/////

(Red is me, Purple is Riku)

As the night passed, and many went to rest their weary heads, one individual didn't do that. At least not immediately.

Wherever Gerik spent the night, he'd have the feeling he was being watched, or that something crept in the shadows. And soon enough, when he was alone for hte night he'd hear clapping, coming from the corner of the room. And a figure emerging from the shadows, eyes red like that of a demon.

"You're a hard man to find, Gerik." The figure spoke as they finished spawning from the shadows, pulling the last part of themselves out of the corner shadow, it was revealed to be Vlad, none other than the Somnum resident jackass who never allowed Nero to relax.

"But the shadows don't lie." Vlad spoke. Raising a hand in case Gerik went to call anyone or attack. "No need to do any of that, I didn't come here to hurt you, much on the contrary." Vlad added as he stepped forward.

"What would you say to a possible business deal?" Vlad spoke, confident charisma in his voice.

For a fraction of a moment, Vlad could see a flicker of something on Gerik's face. Surprise? Disappointment? It was something, but gone in an instant.
"Ah, Von Redir, I presume?" the Umbral Maester said, regaining his usual causal charm. "I'm frankly surprised it's taken us this long. Care to have a seat?"

Half a grin formed on Vlad's face as Gerik seemed to know the man's full name, which not many did, but as a result Gerik proved himself just the person Vlad thought him to be.

"I see you know my name, not many do." Vlad spoke, as he walked around the room without breaking eye contact, pulling in a chair from a nearby table and placing his foot on top of it.
"I figured you'd knew, after all it's your job." Vlad spoke with a nonchalant and rather informal tone.

"What exactly do you get out of being a maester with such an occupation?" Vlad asked, sarcasm and curiosity plaguing his tone

“Why, meeting such interesting people such as yourself.” Gerik replied with a grin. “There is other surface level rewards. Wealth, power, and the arts. There are more, but then we delve into philosophy.”
The Umbral Maester got up and moved to a window to look out at the damaged view of Sanctus Heights.
“I doubt you’d be much interested in my own brand of philosophy, so I shall not bore you with it. Instead, let’s focus on our mutual interest.”
He turned with his arms crossed.
“What are you selling and what do you expect to get for it?”

With a smile and a silent clap of his hands Vlad overlooked Gerik, looking the man up and down as he explained what he trully gained from the job, chuckling a bit at the mention of philosophy.
"You'l find me quite the welcoming ear." Vlad remarked, alwasy somewhat interested in hearing other's thoughts.

Remaining in his position with a foot on top of the chair he crossed his arms as he looked at Gerik. This time smiling a bit.

"Information." Vlad answered, "Something of value to some, maybe one such as you...perhaps information pertaining the inner workings of Somnus and the court's plans?" Vlad said his offer of information, before continuing to what he wanted in return.

"I provide you with information about the court every few days, and in exchange, well lets say you'l owe me a favor or two, that I can cash in later down the line." Vlad spoke. "And...some of your oldest books about necromancy, specificaly about the ones talking about souls, just borrowing them of course, they'l be returned when im done with them, no one'l notice their absence."

“The books are not a problem.” Gerik replied with the wave of a hand. “I can have an agent deliver them. But”
The Maester’s demeanor changed. His tone and face were more serious, his eyes now fully focused on Vlad’s own.
“I don’t like to make open ended deals. At least not when they aren’t mine. So, some ground rules. One.”
He held up a finger.
“I will not risk my court for you. If you ask a favor that I feel would harm the Umbra Court, I will decline it. Two.”
Another finger went up.
“The information you give will determine how much effort I put into these favors. While I will gladly take the latest common gossip around the court, that will get you the equivalent of a neighborly cup of sugar. Three.”
Third finger.
“I decide as to the value of the information and the risk involved. I have no intent to cheat you. On the contrary, I strongly believe that good work should be generously rewarded. Do good work, you’ll get good favors. Prove indispensable, and you may even get past my first clause.”
Gerik lowered his hand and his features regained their usual bemused look.
“Are these terms acceptable?

Vlad's expression would only become more and more excited and happy as Gerik began to demand a few things. Mostly the value of information and some ground rules, all of which Vlad would gladly allow him to set the rules, after all an open ended deal never benefited anyone.

Bringing a hand to his chin as he smiled looking at Gerik. "Oh I assure you i'l be sure to exceed your expectations, Somnus is a gold mine of gossip and useful information". Vlad assured Gerik with a rather convincing smile and tone. Before extending his hand. "Then i'd say its a deal!" He gleefuly remarked, offering his hand for a handshake if Gerik was up for it.

"I'm sure you will." Gerik said with a smile.
He turned back to the window as a shadowy hand formed and grasped Vlad's outstretched hand.
"You must forgive the proxy." He said, still gazing outside. "I've had enough bad experience with soul magic to want to keep it at a distance, even when dealing with a gentleman, such as yourself."

"Heh, I figured as much. Your shadow felt different" Vlad remarked as Gerik mentioned a proxy. Nodding slightly "We all need to be careful, especialy at current times.You know with a court disbanding and giant mechanical dragons rampaging around a city and some such" he commented with a sarcastic smile. "Shame about the people though, but im sure it's a dream for any phylanthropist on the rise!"

"Now if you'l excuse me I have to find somewhere to sleep and meet back up with my court, hopefuly Nero has noticed my absence and is mortified...pft who am I kidding! That woman probably hasn't noticed my absence at all!" Vlad joked as he did a two finger wave to Gerik before sinking onto the floor, with a pool of artificial shadows allowing his exit, closing itself soon after.

/////

- Richter Vanis - Miko Village -

As they possibly gathered their belongings and prepared to leave to Vivifica's headquarters, what the wraiths had said was still on Richter's mind, who was Ychera, and what was The First Court? was it the predecessor of the current courts? or was it something different? He had too many questions too few answers, could this be connected to Aislinn somehow? The dreams she was plagued with?

"I wonder...if there isn't any records of a first court in our library..." Richter spoke, lettingh is thoughts be spoken for a bit. "...What of Sanctus's?" Richter questioned, mostly directed to anyone around him, most likely Aislinn and Tiru.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII

Isabelle- Umbra- Sorry

The duelist tapped her blade on the ground letting the blood make contact with the cold floor. “Flash Freeze” she whispered as she tried to temporarily freeze Pali’s feet to the floor before dashing after Zion. “IM SORRY PALI! THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME!”

Quinn- Vivifica- Returning to the Court
“I could check for you upon return. If you so desire. The Sanctus Library that is.” She said as she followed the group. Her eyes dull as ever and her tone as straight forward as usual. Not even a hint of deviation. “All i need is the material you wish me to search for and its as good as done.” Quinn adds, she appeared to almost look through Richter, rather than at him.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Aquilla-Ignis-Infirmary
The young armor mage slept softly as the newly acquired crystal began to slowly regenerate her to an even better state than she started her day in.

Saffron-Sanctus Bar

The girl kept spinning the wind magic in her hand. Carefully watching its rotation. She hadnt stopped doing this since she figured out how to do it without the knife. She couldnt look happier, which probably made her stand out more in comparison to everyone else. She herself had noticed a severe lack of Gabriel. Chalking it down to just her not knowing him too well.

(We all know Luka is probably muttering research plans to herself)

Last edited:
–Sanctus Heights– The Council–
Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136 , Elrandir Elrandir , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Surprise washed over the faces of the elders–and perhaps everyone attending–when Zion emerged from the rows of mages, assembling at the front and berating the elders and the priestess. The elder with the long white beard, Absalom Sagus, wore a scowl and uttered "How dare you . . . !" but did not get more in as Zion continued her speech. When the high priestess was addressed a look of pain was momentarily visible within her gaze, before she turned away from Zion, saying nothing as the archmagus left almost as abruptly as she had arrived.

"The nerve of that woman," Absalom uttered under his breath. However, no one suggested that Zion be pursued. Perhaps they did not get the opportunity to, for yet another Vivifica mage took the scene and declared himself as heir. Mabel's gaze flashed a warning toward Jynn, though it was but brief, and thereafter she attempted to show as much indifference toward the man as she could.

The elder to the farthest right, the one who'd initiated the prayer, shot Jynn a quizzical glance, before gesturing to the open seat that would have been Aislinn's.

"You may release him, Maestra," the elder, Javier, uttered. "He cannot do us harm. You may sit, boy." He continued to watch Jynn, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "So you are the heir that Aislinn appointed for Vivifica. Interesting. I thought her heir would have been Richter Vanis, what with the way that she draws him close like a cloak."

"Unless the boy lies," the stout woman suggested. "Perhaps Nosferi sent him herself, to steer us off-track or lure us into a false sense of security."

"While these are plausible theories," Mabel interrupted, gently and yet with a firmness to her tone, "we have no evidence to support such claims, and until we do I suggest that we hear the Vivifica archmagus out." The priestess clasped her hands together in front of her, shifting to face the crowd once more, her back to the table hosting the maesters, maestra, and Jynn.

"I hear a fair amount of disquiet among you, and I do not blame you. My heart is heavy for Vivifica and its choices. The circumstances under which we have been placed is unfortunate indeed and I take no pleasure in it. Of course, I do not wish death on anyone within the court, and I pray that Aislinn Nosferi obliges and returns to Sanctus for a fair trial. However, as Professor Nero has pointed out"–she gestured toward Thea with her staff–"Aislinn has proven that she is unfit to rule the court, and it will be removed from her hands regardless of her actions. We have made several attempts to reach her, and she has been provided many ways to explain herself, none of which she has taken. While she may have her reasons, her actions are not acceptable."

"Should this boy speak true," Javier continued, "Vivifica may have a bright future ahead of them." He considered Jynn momentarily. "If any of the Vivifica mages will listen to reason, it will be from a fellow Vivifica mage, and the heir of the court, no less. If Jynn speaks on our behalf, explaining the dangers of Aislinn's actions and that they must decline further import of Itika, there is hope yet that they will wash their hands of this ideal that Lady Aislinn has planted in their minds."

The High Priestess listened intently as Nero, Gerik, and Daruk offered their insight, and even smiled at Arkane as he offered his suggestions, even if his time had not yet come to speak and one of the elders hissed as he did so. "Thank you, dearest friends, and I would like to say that each and every one of you have valid points. I agree wholeheartedly that killing should only be a last resort, as I would much rather see Vivifica succeed rather than any blood be shed. However, we must be prepared to do as we must. There is no doubt that there are radicals among them, and they may put up a fight than surrender their ideals easily."

A few of the elders grunted and Absalom shifted irritably at Mabel's words, though the High Priestess chose to ignore him before turning back to the mages.

"If I may request it, I would like to assemble a party of mages willing to traverse to the Vivifican Temple," Mabel continued. "We do not have to be large in number, but enough that we can handle what might be thrown our way. We must stop the Maestra, and convey an important message to the other mages. Jynn"–Mabel shifted, turning to face Jynn–"would you be willing to join this party, aiding us in persuading the other mages to abandon Aislinn's ways? I will also be joining those on this task," she concluded.

This received quite the reception from the elders, and not a positive one.

"Preposterous!" one of them roared. "You simply cannot!"

"Lady Mabel, you must reconsider. It would be unwise and inappropriate for you to travel to the Vivifica Court!"

"Your very life will be in danger! You cannot do this!"

"What of your duties while you are away–"

"My duties can wait," Mabel said shortly. "Besides, the Vivifica archmagus had a point. If my face is never seen nor my voice ever heard, how is it that I should expect the courts and mages to respect me? This is something that I must do, especially if any mage is to be condemned. I must put as much effort as I possibly can to save them, else I will forever be guilty of the tragedy which may transpire. Surely you understand."

"Rubbish," Absolom retorted. "Those mages know what is coming to them. You are not required to save anyone. Your role is here, with your people. Allow the maesters and maestra to organize their parties, if any. You do not need to affiliate yourself with them."

Mabel turned her face away from the elder, refusing to meet his gaze of disapproval. "Forgive me, Lord Sagus, but this is something that I must do."

Then, at last, she turned to the rest of the mages. "Before we conclude, dear friends, is there anything more that you would have to share with us to consider?"

–Sanctus Heights: The Grand Cathedral Battle–
Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136 , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

When weapons were drawn, panic seized the faces of the security guards that were nearby.

"This is a holy place!" one practically screamed. "You must not fight here!"

"Go outside if you must battle!" another insisted. They raised their spears, clearly ready to drive the mages out of the cathedral if push came to shove. Thankfully, Zion had already taken the initiative and opened the cathedral doors, taking to the skies and leading the other mages out.

"ISABELLE! WAIT!"

Heavy footsteps fell behind the four mages, and breathing hard was the redheaded Ignis mage that sat with Isabelle prior to the council. He watched as she attempted to freeze her fellow Umbra mage, still chasing after Zion as she fled in the sky. He continued rushing after her, possibly running past Laguna, Mako, and Pali if they did not proceed to pursue the others. "Isabelle, come back!"

–The Viridian Villa–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

The door to the villa opened, and a man with a violet trenchcoat entered. He shook out his long mane of blond locks before trudging over to the service desk, mud falling from his worn leather boots in his wake. After a short conversation, he glanced over toward Arno and Saffron, a smile widening upon his face. His shoulders were broad and muscular, tank snug and exposing the fact that he was likely a bodybuilder, or spent a fair amount of time exercising.

"Ah, so I understand that you must be Arno Cross," he said, tone quite friendly as he extended a hand to shake his. "It is a pleasure. My name's Vaike Ranburn, though I do not suppose that you have heard of me. You see, I was chatting with a fellow at the tavern last night. I think he had a bit too much to drink, but he mentioned that him and his partners take on the odd job every now and again, and after I heard that you managed to arrest Kiev the fire mage my interest grew. You see, I have a job that I'm needing done." He paused, a frown furrowing his brow as he reconsidered his wording. "Well, not 'needing to be done,' per se, but rather I'm looking for some help. Are you at all interested? If so, perhaps you would have a place where we could take this conversation somewhere private?"

–The Outskirts, en route to Regalia–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Silence fell around the room at the mention of Sanctus' library. The maestra herself stopped packing, shifting her glance uneasily toward Richter.

"I fear that our access to Sanctus Height's archives or library will be nigh impossible now that we have declined their summons in addition to outcasting ourselves," she admitted. "Though I too have been wondering about their records. There is something that I wish to learn more of, only it seems impossible to find any information on that which I seek."

She considered Quinn momentarily. "But, if one were able to carefully conceal their Vivifica roots, I do suppose entrance may be granted to someone within our ranks to begin a search. Quinn, if you wish it and are willing, perhaps you can help us find more information on this First Court that attacked us, and attacked the citizens here."

Aislinn bit her lip, glancing away from the group as she next added: "But I think I know who they are and why they came."

-----

Once they had their luggage packed and their debts paid, they were given a warm farewell from the citizens of Miko, thanking the mages profusely for chasing away the spirits which attacked them and welcomed them back anytime they should wish to visit. It would be a long journey back, but at least they had what they'd come for.

(Brief on this party for now)

Last edited:
- Vincent - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: The meeting-
Vincent would listened, his arms crossed as he would sigh softly. It would seem that despite the tensions, an agreement was made. He was surprised that the priestess would be bold enough to break tradition to join the incoming group of mages to go to get the maestra, but Zion did made her stance in her speech. If one wished for respect, one had to earn it. The elders were not proving their own ends by sitting around and never leaving Sanctus Heights. Whispers and murmurs would go on and about in the court, silencing slightly as the priestess would speak up and ask if there was something else that should be discussed. Vincent took that as his cue, standing up from his seat. "If I may," He began. "I believe that a group of mages should also remain here in Sanctus Heights in order to aid with the investigation of the recent events involving the Automaton. The investigators are already working on the theories and evidence, and three of us were invited to meet back with them to overlook what they have gathered. A proper group of mages could aid the investigation greatly, and maybe even find answers faster by cross-referencing knowledge from different courts." He suggested, looking over at Greik before turning his attention back to the priestess and the elders.

- Arun - Ignis Court - Sanctus Heights: The meeting-
The court mages listened as the meeting went on, the elders speaking their thoughts, concerns, and making their decisions. At the very least they agreed that the killing of mages should be one of last resort. Yet, they also agreed that the maestra had to be removed from her duties should she continue down this path of secrecy and experimentation on whatever it is that she is planning. He would be surprised that Mabel would be going, yes, but he figured that the situation called for it. If she were to go and he was allowed to follow, then he would be more than happy to assist. He figured that if there were no volunteers, the maesters would be pulling them out of their courts themselves in order to help with the expectations. He would stand up once Vincent was done, bowing his head slightly before clearing his throat. "In addition, I believe remaining mages should also aid with the clean up and reconstruction of the city. Even in small numbers, it will provide the population with an increase of morale. Not to mention that our magical abilities will come in use to advance the process, even if just a small percentage." He said, looking around the room.

- Arkane - Umbra Court - Sanctus Heights: The meeting-
Arkane could care less of the elders. They were there by tradition and to moderate the power in between the courts. But being old and grumpy seemed to be more of their job than to cause actual results to a problem. As Mabel insisted that she would be attending the party that will go after the maestra, Arkane knew right then and there he wanted to go out there. He wanted to see what the hell was this person thinking; not to mention that if Mabel died along the way he could 'safeguard' the body, surely...Regardless. He also wanted to see what the hell they were doing with the Itika. Maybe there could be use of Itika in corpses...well, that would be a question for later. He would make his presence known once more, glancing up. "I wish to volunteer to be part of this party that goes after the maestra." He said. He was sure that his magic would certainly come in handy. Plus, he got to get out of this ashen city and thread new territory.

- Yael - Unaffiliated - Sanctus Heights: The meeting-
Yael would listen carefully. Despite the chatter, the discussion, and the tense moments within the meeting; they came to a conclusion without the worry of a fight breaking out. Although he swore that he could hear some trouble forming out in the hallway and outside. Whatever it may lead, he already knew where his alliances stood. He would lean over and rub his head against Jynn's cheek, speaking to him. "I will accompany you in this trip, if you do not mind. The more people decide to come along, the more food there will be around..." He smiled internally, already thinking of sneaking in and eating some of the food while they were distracted. He sighed contently. "I will be able to get my fill and transform back ten times over." He would close his eyes in thought before licking Jynn's cheek as confirmation; he was not going anywhere. "Now brings the question, Jynn, would you be emotionally capable of confronting your maestra?"

By the word of one of the elders, Nero released Jynn's "prison", the ice sphere disappearing as quickly as it came into being. It was interesting to learn that Maestra Nosferi had appointed this young boy as the future maester of Vivifica, she wondered why him, when it was well known about certain circles that another one had the maestra's favor. The stout woman suggested that, perhaps, Jynn was lying, and this was a possibility, but the High Priestess thought differently, she was wise, it was true that none of them had proof that Jynn was lying and listening to what he had to say was the better option.

Nero was suprised that the High Priestess agreed that Aislinn Nosferi's time as maestra was over, which was the most obvious outcome after her actions. She had been given many chances to answer, yet she never did. Something like that would certainly have consequences. She was happy that the Priestess thought that killing vivifica mages was only a last resort, but it was true, they had to be ready to do what they had to do in case vivifica attacked. Such as the Archmagus of Light.

It came as as surprise that Mabel wanted to form a party to travel to the Temple of Vivifica, but more surprising was that SHE wanted to join the group. This, of course, got a reaction from the people around, especially the elders, none of them were happy about such a suggestion.

"With all due respect, Elder, but the High Priestess is correct. If she feels that she her presence is needed in order to help those from vivifica then I say let her come," Nero said as she looked at the elders, "she cannot learn about the current status of the land if she lives behind the city walls. How is she to take the best course of action if she barely knows the goings on the outside world? Please remember that not all mages from our sister court must face retribution. The more we save, the better the chances to have a new Vivifica under the rule of our heir friend here."

Nero waited until everyone else spoke their part in offering different things to do, she was thinking about the possible ramifications of the choices that were being made that day. Surely the elders understood that the High Priestess had a mission of her own, and keeping her inside a cage would not do her any good.

"I, Thea Nero, Maestra of the Court of Somnum, will be joining you, High Priestess Mable, on this journey," Nero said as she stood up and looked at the rest of her mages, noticing that both Laguna and Mako were not in the room, "Mages of Somnum, while I join the High Priestess on her journey to the Temple of Vivifica, I ask you to help those in the city. Help them with the investigation on the rogue automaton, help them with the reconstruction efforts, help them heal their wounds. The people from Sanctus Heights need all the help they can get and us, as mages, must help those in need."

Nero expected a couple of groans from her mages, some were a little lazy, but they had good hearts, all of them. She was sure that they would be a big help to those around the city. Her eyes lingered on Kagura for a brief moment, the poor dancer would be nervous about being put in such situation, but the Maestra hoped that this could be lesson, a lesson to be more confident in his abilities and to better interact with other people not from the court.

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -

To say that Incaroe was nervous was an understatement. Things went from bad to worse to weird in the span of a few minutes! Zion's sudden entrance and exit, mages following after her, elders speaking of killing other mages, another vivifica mage. All of this was a little too much for the poor redhead.

"Was it a mistake to give this a chance?" Incarose thought.

Was it? Maybe she had picked the wrong day to join a court, bad luck not being that uncommon to her and her life. One by one the mages were offering alternatives, go with the High Priestess, help with the strange dragon contraption, and Arun's idea, help in the reconstruction efforts. This sounded like a good idea to Incarose, she would love to help those who had been affected in the fire that happened the night before. She slowly stand up and raise her hand half way.

"I will be joining to the clean up and reconstruction efforts." She wanted to sound confident, and she wondered if it had worked.

- Diane Courbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -

Thoughout the meeting Diane's eyes never left either The High Priestess, the Vivifican Archmage or the elders, such a wide range of emotions, but the ones that the High Priestess tried so hard to conceal were the best of all. She didn't really cared if all of Vivifica was wiped out of existance, if only a few of them did, but everyone else seemed to do so. She would do what Maester Gerik found more important at the moment.

Vincent, the mage she had met just a few moments before the meeting, made a good point, for those interested, of course, that the automaton had to be investigated in order to find out the cause and the possible culprit of bringing the machine to life and burning a huge part of the Central Square.

What else would the rest of the courts do about the current situation, she had no idea.

- Pali Noirtier, Umbra Court, returning empty-handed -

Pali glared as Zion overwhelmed his illusions, shattering the snakes with light even with the earthen elements entwined within them. She had power, that is to be said. What he needed was a plan to counteract this light magic, more than straining himself with wishful thinking. Perhaps the secret lay with wishful thinking first by praying for the illusions to be covered by something which repels exterior light. He would have to do some research there, and consult his tomes at home. His quarry had fled, as he hoped she would not, and had it not been for Isabelle he would have advanced near the door, that blasted ice magic and yammering irritating him. Mako, unknown to him but quite skilled for her youth, impressed him with portal magic, and shielded him from a wave of light he might have gotten injured by, even with his shadowy shield. He had to thank the girl for that.

Shattering the ice at his feet with real illusions and warming the flesh with wishful thinking, he watched as she ran off, turning her blade toward him and following the escapist.

"Sorry won't cut it if you perish. Do your business and pray all will go well, for I won't be there to pick you up if you fall." He whipped his head to face Mako, admiring the pretty girl with a glance before setting a hand on her shoulder. "Thanks for the help, and you too, faceless one," he voiced to Mako and later Laguna. "That's more than I can expect from my court. Should we cross paths again, I'll return the favour."

Withdrawing his outstretched hand, he closed his eyes. Time magic was out of his hands, and the last time he attempted wishful thinking with time ended very poorly for him. Thinking of the recoil, he instead wished hard that everything around him, excepting the people, would appear as it was. This allowed for everything to be stitched together again, including the floor that he borrowed for his wooden and stone snakes. Debris returned to solid form and patched itself into the ground. Whatever was disturbed, whether it be carpet or candles or tables, returned to its rightful place. Even Isabelle's ice melted returning to the place she cast it as a puddle, which Pali quickly evaporated into the very air.

He stooped from the recoil, then straightened out, feigning that the wave of dizziness he underwent was momentary. It wasn't. Recreating was tasking business when one had no reason to make it one's business. With everything behind him except for the guards who potentially still pointed spears at him, he next said, "Put your sticks and stakes away, children. Play time is over. I'm returning to my meeting."

- Daruk Mordem, Ignis Court, near the final dregs of the meeting -

Daruk scratched his building beard as he analysed the situation in his own fashion. Jynn seemed like a respectable individual, well enough, but something seemed off to him. Maybe it was the ferret in his hair, changing its shape. Yeah, maybe that was it. He went with that. The rest of the conversation ended with a number of nods, a small handful of smirks, and a bright, cheery laugh as Mabel decided to go along with the entourage of diplomats. He was glad that the High Priestess was interested in stretching her wings, especially on such an important mission. He did not expect that. Heck, he doubted many, if any, expected that.

"I have nothing left to say except thank you and welcome aboard, Miss Mabel. With your wisdom, I am certain things will go smooth with Aislinn!" he voiced jubilantly, a laugh escaping his throat as he rose to his feet. "I look forward to travelling to the Vivifica Court. It's been a long while since I've visited."

- Jari Coriander, Somnum Court, looking around the meeting in Sanctus -

There was much silence and many whispers within the courtroom as people looked as if they were in disagreement with the situation. Honestly, Jari thought of it as pretty understandable. Convince if possible, and if push comes to shove then they were allowed to do things as they deemed fit. The maesters and maestra seemed like reasonable people. They had no reason to press the kill switch if there were a myriad of other options available. At least, that is what he thought.

The absence of Mako surprised him, however, the girl disappearing from nearby, and he did not hear her anywhere near after that. Where did she go? Did she have to use the lavatory or something? Either way, he felt sad and yet relieved. At least this way he would not have the sinking feeling of dread and worry regarding the Kagura incident. A flush happened upon him as he thought back to that moment.

"I'll help out with the reconstruction too," he piped, inspired by the Ignis mages, especially their newest recruit. Incarose seemed to have a lot of spunk, which left him feeling a little better each passing second. "If I can, I'd like to be of service!"

Besides, that way I can get a drink and calm down in all of this chaos, he inwardly thought, hoping nobody was a mind reader.

((Pali is in the meeting again, staying silent.))

- Henry Heid - Ignis - Courtroom Meeting -

As the meeting continued, High Priestess Mabel spoke about Vivifica some more, agreeing that killing them should be a last resort and not an option otherwise, this brought some relief to Henry, who kept quiet as she continued, he was surprised at her idea to set up a party to head to the Vivifican Temple to contact them, he hated to admit but it was a good idea, even if a bit risky, Thea Nero's insight was very valuable as well. Most of the mages who had spoken gave valuable insights and ideas, it was time for Henry to chimed in as well.

"If I may." Henry spoke, with a corteous and polite tone as he was about to speak. "Arun gave a very good idea, Ignis court has quite an extensive number of earth mages at their disposal, but only few of us were invited to the meeting, If I may be so bold, may I suggest bringing earth mages from my court to help in the reconstruction of the city, and to keep help the authorities keep the order?" Henry gave his idea, Earth magic could assist in rebuilding and repairing, the other Ignis mages more versed in weapons could help the authorities keep the order in this unsteady period the city was going through.

"As for the traveling party. I volunteer to accompany Mabel and the others." Henry volunteered, for two reasons in particular, one to accompany and help Mabel and whoever else was coming along in something he thought was a good idea, and also because his specialities did not fit with repairing the city, after all he did not have much earth magic potential, if any at all. Plus it would be invaluable experience with the other courts. Daruk also offered to come as well, which was a plus.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136 Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358

- Vlad - The Shadow of Somnus - Courtroom Meeting -

Vlad had nearly fell asleep as he was most utterly bored with the meeting after Zion's exit, he wasn't quite interested in most of what was going on, other than a traveling party to Vivifica and another party for investigating the automaton.

"I'l volunteer with the investigation team." Vlad spoke in a sleep addled voice, holding back a yawn from escaping as he let out a cocky smile. He eyes most of the atendees of the meeting with curiosity, especialy Nero as she volunteered to travel, and a sly grin formed in his face as Jari volunteered to stay, hopefuly Kagura and Mako stayed too to keep him company.

"I figure finding out what made that automatron come to life is of utmost importance, if we can dig up a lead from it then we can possibly stop something like this from happening again." Vlad continued, rubbing his chin with his hand. In fact he already had an idea of what could have happened, some books of necromancy spoke of rituals to inbue objects and constructs with life, with living souls. This was very interesting to him.

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice Elrandir Elrandir Thanny Thanny

- Arno Cross - Unfiliated - Viridian Vale -

As his name was spoken alout Arno turned his gaze towards the man, who wore a violent trenchcoat and was built like a SUV, Arno did not raise his hand to shake the man's, instead looking at him diretly in the eyes as he turned his chair to the table and sat down, gesturing for the man to sit down.
Still holding onto his cigarette as he took one last smoke before extinguishing it against the table.

God dammit Tibarn, apparently in Tibarn's drunken stupor the last night he had went and told the man of where they were, not only that but their names. "I see our reputation precedes us...that and my friend was kind enough to tell you my full name and where my partners were staying." Arno commented Dryly, a small and brief sigh escaping his lips. As he glanced at Saffron before looking back at Vaike.

"Here's good." Arno commented to the man's question about finding a more private area, after all the area they were in wasn't terribly occupied, in fact most people had left already, Tibarn sure did, Gabriel was most likely passed out still. Arno raised an eyebrow at the job offer, not one to refuse jobs when the reward was good enough, so long as it didn't involve killing civilians, and the man didn't look exactly shady. After all he was wearing a violet trenchcoat of all things, and Arno through his coat was eccentric.

"Before I accept or refuse your offer Vaike." Arno spoke, leaning back into his chair without breaking eye contact with the man. "I need details." Arno asked of him, with a cold and serious tone. "What exactly are we to do...should we accept?"

Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Jynn Venas, Vivifica - Grand Cathedral

After several minutes of discussion, Mabel suggests that a group of mages shall infiltrate the Vivifica Court, and have Jynn persuade Aislinn to abandon her ways, to which he accepts. However, Mabel then mentions that she herself will accompany them, much to his dismay. Aislinn and the other mages may bring harm to her if they discover the group’s intentions. But alas, this is not a matter Jynn had a word in. He reluctantly agrees on her decisions. “Very well..... I shall join you.”

Yael volunteers to go with Jynn, expressing his excitement on more meals. “Alright, settle down.” He returns his attention to Mabel. “I shall go ahead and get my horse ready. Do you perhaps have a wagon we can use?”

Last edited:
Zion, Archmagus of Light - Escaping the Cathedral

With Laguna and Mako having chased her, and with the wave of Light coming at her back, Laguna from the front, and Isabelle running out to her...her mind formulated a plan. She felt her Light teleported, still coming...and oh did she smile.

As the light approached, she winged up and dispelled her wings, landing on a construct of her shields. As the Light struck, it propelled the shield forward. Zion was now surfing her Dawnguard Shields towards Laguna and Mako, forming more shields to block any incoming assaults. Light travels until stopped...or until Zion stopped it, which she always subconsciously did. The wave would end once it reached a few feet behind where Mako had placed herself, and as she rode towards them, letting her shields absorb her attacks, her voice rang out.
"TRUST FALL, KID." she screamed over at Isabelle. Still riding, she crouched a bit and kicked off, wings thrown out as she executed an aileron roll to gain a bit more velocity, arcing over her foes and diving down behind them, jerking up to skim dangerously close to the ground. As she approached Isabelle, a new shield at her back, she pulled up with Isabelle's fall. "ARMS AROUND MY NECK, LEGS STRAIGHT OR YOU'LL CAUSE DRAG." she roared, using her mild terminal velocity to arc upwards, managing to make it to the spires of the Grand Cathedral and bank for more speed around them. Laguna most probably would give chase, which was why multiple swords appeared and were fired at him - every single one was merely Soft Light. It would dispell with a mere flick of the wrist, and was meant to cause mild panic as the Archmagus used the Cathedral as a shield, aiming to jet out into the city.
"Whatever your name is, even if you get tired, keep your legs straight or he will catch us and you WILL be put in a deep, dark cell!"

Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas RikuXIII RikuXIII HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Kagura Sumeragi - Somnum - The Meeting stilll

Kagura finally let go of Jari as everyone left. Scooting a bit away, the Dancer's head hung. "S....sorry, Jari." Kaga said timidly. "...panic..." was the only explanation given. Seeing the glance, and still following the conversation...Kagura knew. Stay here and help heal. If Nero was going...then no other healer would be here.
Kagura...would do it. Would do it for Professor Nero.

Thanny Thanny

Makoto Suzaku - Ignis - Meetiiiiing

Makoto gripped Henry's arm. "I'm going with Henry." She pipped up. "Someone's gotta watch his back, and we've been best friends for years." She nodded, her eyes afire. Nope, no one was going to make Makoto think differently. She was going, and no one was going to stop the brawler from watching Henry's back. He'd do the same for her, after all...and with this situation...with how he knew she felt...how she knew he felt....they would need each other. Friends through thick and thin.

Scrapmaster Scrapmaster Mystics Apprentice Mystics Apprentice

Eclaire de Wynter - Umbra - Utterly Demolished

Eclaire was rigid. She had moved from merely holding Elle's hand for comfort to hiding her face in Elle's shoulder as everything went on. Cat ears laid flat, tail curled, she was shaking, tense, trying to stay calm. But nothing was right, nothing was going right. Everything seemed to be falling apart....and then she grew still. Everyone was going to Vivifica...to home.
She let go of Elle and slowly stood up, smoothing her skirt out.
"Maester Gerik. I want to go with them to Vivifica. I'm probably the only one who knows the area inside and out. I want to go."

RikuXIII RikuXIII Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Isabelle- Umbra- Flying?!
As Isabelle was brought into the air, having obeyed each command of Zions. She somewhat panicked, having never flown before. It was new, and terrifying, and made even worse when Zion brought up cells being their fate if they don’t escape. Her eyes were shut tight and she held on even tighter. At least the wind felt nice. She couldn’t focus on any spells in this state.

Xion136 Xion136

Saffron-Unaffiliated

Saff analyzed this Vaike character from the corner of her eye. It was unusual for someone to seek out a specific bounty hunting grounp. Which made herself suspicious of him. However she didnt let it show, choosing to continue holding onto the sphere of wind before her.

Luka-Somnum
The researcher sighs. “As much fun as chasing the court of Vivifica would be... I wish to request a trip back to the court. I have research i need to do.” She looked at Nero as she said this.

{Gerk Lockford & Anya Alighieri: Sanctus Heights; Meeting}
Gerik took a step to the side to cede the floor to the Hight Priestess. While much of what she said was pleasing to the Umbral Maester, her stated intent of going to the Vivifica Court. Worse, Daruk and Nero pledged to go with her. This left Gerik in a bit of a bind. With a new player in Invidia, the attack on Sanctus Heights, and Vivifica's actions all happening together couldn't be a coincidence. He needed time to investigate and freedom to move, not baby sit the High Priestess. But with the other two maesters going along, backing out would send the wrong message. Worse, if something unfortunate befell the party, it could be used against him and Umbra. Blast.
"I shall also join you in this endeavor, your grace." Gerik said with a bow to Mabel. "Though I do wish to say I think it is ill-advised."
He nodded to Eclaire's request.
"Of course, Miss de Wynter." he said. "You're background makes you an ideal companion for this journey."
Anya considered what she should do. There was much to rebuild and heal here, but she had connections in Vivifica that could help the HIgh Priestess. Maybe Valery could get them in? But with Incarose already opting to staying, could she really?
"Perhaps you'd like to join us, Miss Alighieri?" The Umbral Maester said, cutting through Anya's thoughts
"I know you are quite friendly with several members of the Vivifica Court."
The Phoenix looked surprised for an instant, but it was replaced by an icy look for Gerik.
"I appreciated your invitation, Maester Lockford." She said in a cold tone. "But I have responsibilities here."
Gerik smiled at Anya, seemingly enjoying her reaction to him. He then turned an apologetic smile to Vincent.
"It looks like I won't be able to join you in the investigation after all." He said in a regretful tone. "But my assistant, Diane, will be available to help."

–Sanctus Heights– The Council–
Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136 , Elrandir Elrandir , Endless Thundaza Endless Thundaza , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII

At the suggestions being proffered by the mages for both an investigation and relief party, Absalom Sagus drew a step forward, hands firmly clasped behind his back as his long silky white beard fell down his ornate robes. "Lieutenant Mastiff is currently in charge of the investigation on the assault of our beloved city," he stated, locking eyes with Vincent and giving him a nod. "Though our military is spread fine with the dilemma of Vivifica and attempting to aid the civilians within Sanctus Heights. I am sure that he would not protest to a few mages aiding his search. I would advise that those interested would meet with him in his office sometime this afternoon to check in."

"And I would definitely welcome any who would be willing to restore Sanctus Heights to what it once was," Mabel continued, placing a hand on her chest and giving a slight bow toward those who offered their aid already, chiefly Kagura, Henry, Incarose, and Jari. "While it would normally take us decades to rebuild, I pray that with the aid of our court mages, living will be at least comfortable to our citizens while we restore our city."

She then turned toward Nero and Daruk, giving them a radiant smile. She would've embraced them for their willingness to escort her, if not for the scrutiny of the elders at her back, and the inappropriateness of her doing so. Instead she nodded graciously. "Maestra Nero, Maester Daruk, I appreciate it, from the bottom of my heart, that you see the importance of my need to attend. It is something that I must do, despite the risks. And Maester Gerik"–Mabel's gaze shifted to the Umbra maester, noting his hesitancy in both his tone and words–"I do understand where you are coming from. I know that there will be risks, and that my journeying to Vivifica, given our present situation, may be considered foolhardy at best, and yet . . . . thank you. Your protection and cooperation is definitely appreciated."

Finally Mabel shifted, locking eyes with Jynn. She could hardly believe it! She was traveling with her best friend, to see his home! While the situation was indeed grave, the prospect of traveling with Jynn excited the High Priestess. She shifted her staff, the butt end of it clinking softly as it met with the wood below their feet. "Lastly, thank you, Heir of Vivifica. I know that your position is one most difficult. To face against your own Maestra and your brethren cannot be easy, but with your help you may be saving many lives with your actions, in addition to preventing a needless war. We thank you. I am very glad that you attended, despite Vivifica's position and your own personal risk involved." Something flickered in Mabel's eye, though the expression was quickly gone as she shifted back to the main audience.

"So it has been decided! We will depart on the morrow. Please make any necessary preparations in the city beforehand, whether it be a visit to the apothecary for tonics and potions, new weapons and armor, or any other provisions that you think may be necessary. Thank you all for attending. This council is adjourned."

–Sanctus Heights: The Grand Cathedral Corridor–
Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136 , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Poor Shiroo. He continued to run until he could run no more, out of breath and aching all over. Isabelle fled with the Vivifica archmagus without even glancing back, not so much as shooting a sideways glance back in his direction. There wasn't much that he could do; while Laguna was willing to pursue her, he could not. He couldn't fly, much less travel quickly, and already he was worn out. Slowly he tread back into the cathedral, where he resumed his seat, the one beside him now vacant from Isabelle. He'd missed a great deal of what happened, and the crowd was already parting and people were beginning to leave their seats, though he'd hoped that he could get the rundown from either Lev or Daruk. Preferably Lev.

–The Viridian Villa–
HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas

Arno's sarcasm toward Tibarn did not go unnoticed by Vaike. A sheepish grin crossed over his face as he scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Yeah, well . . . . I'm sure he meant no harm. I asked questions, and he was drunk, clearly proud of your achievements and more than willing to retell the story to me." He paused, considering his words carefully as he asked: "Was it true that you, ah, threw a chair at a woman to subdue her during the tavern fight?"

The blond-maned man shot a glance toward Saffron, blue eyes twinkling as he considered both her and Arno. It clearly made him nervous to state his business, much less in front of her, though he tried to trust Arno's reassurance that it would be fine. He stole a seat before Arno, folding his hands in his lap as his gaze fell upon the bounty hunter.

"Very well. You see, my ambitions are for the good of Regalia, though many would likely not understand my motives. And, even if they understood them, they probably wouldn't believe me." He leaned forward, cocked a brow, as he said in a serious tone. "What I am asking of you and your comrades is essentially backup. I will be there alongside you all the way. What I'm looking to do isn't a one-man operation. I need help, help that is willing to set aside tradition. That alone reduces my candidates, especially because I am seeking people who are actually capable of helping me. I need skilled fighters, infiltrators, and those who can put on a disguise if need be. My mission"–he glanced nervously over his shoulder before continuing in a voice barely louder than a whisper–"is to abduct the High Priestess."

–The Outskirts, en route to Regalia–
Scrapmaster Scrapmaster , RikuXIII RikuXIII , Nero Kunivas Nero Kunivas , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria

Their boat finally arrived into the port at Cape ad Draco, the same boy as before greeting them upon their arrival. His eyes widened when he took note of their additional luggage, though refused to glance at it thereafter, as though mentally declining that he ever saw it.

"Thank you again." Aislinn dropped another sack of gold into the youth's hands. "For your silence and cooperation."

"Certainly, Maestra," he murmured, pocketing the coin and giving the mages a slight bow. "Safe travels back to your court."

"It will be a long walk," Aislinn continued, more to her mages than to the boy, who departed rather quickly after collecting his payment, washing his hands of them entirely. "I do have some coin left. Shall we see about getting a carriage to transport all of this?"

Tiru swung a bag of Itika over his shoulder casually, some of the dust particles escaping it as it sparkled into the air. "We could," he replied. "Though if everyone takes a sack, we should be able to transport this on foot. It is only a few hours' walk, but if you are tired, Maestra, we can rent a carriage. I would happily return it to the cape, if necessary."

Cape ad Draco is a small port town, with seagulls aplenty and filled with many sailors and their families. Tourists frequently travel through Cape ad Draco, as it is a convenient location to venture out to sea, or board a train further inland. Having said that, farms were seldom in the Cape, and they likely didn't have many horses to spare. If they had any, they would indeed be expensive.

Thanny Thanny , Xion136 Xion136 , HeartOfFerria HeartOfFerria , Scrapmaster Scrapmaster

Nero was already feeling a little tired after the meeting was over, and it was still very early, maybe a nother cup of tea would work. She noded and bowed to the High Priestess and the Elders after the meeting was over. She then took the time to gather the mages of Court Somnum, or those who were inside the meeting room.

"It makes me proud to see that you are willing to stay to help those who suffered after last night's automaton attack and the fires. Kagura, I understand that this can be scary for you, I know that it will make you feel nervous, but know that your healing abilities will be greatly appreciated by those who were affected last night. You and Mister Coriander can work together to help those in need. While I think that you would be more useful if you stayed in the city, Miss Rabbi, if you feel that returning to the Court is necessary then, by all means, make your way back. Just be sure to make all the necessary arrangements so your trip is a safe one. And Vlad, I was not aware of your presence, but it makes my heart feel more relaxed knowing that you made your way into the city safe."

She looked around the room, tryign to see if the rest of her mages would come back. Maybe the others could inform them of the current plan to help around the city while she and the other maesters took care of the High Priestess.

"As the priestess said, get things ready, buy potions or tonics if needed. I am sure you all can afford something with the reward that the captain of the Dauntless gave us. For now, you are free to do as you wish. Just be ready for when the time comes to go and help those around the city. Oh, and please, inform Laguna and Miss Koyle about what is going to be done."

- Incarose Vassar - Court of Ignis - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , RikuXIII RikuXIII

Some of what had happened was a little too much for young Incarose. This was definitely a wrong day she picked to join the court. Arun was going to stay, and that was good in her eyes, he had been kind to her, same with Anya. Incarose looked at her new mentor, something in her face changed slightly after replying to the Umbra Maester. This made Incarose wonder if something had happened between the two of them.

In any case, she was going to try her best to help those around the city, she had been there before and while she wasn't that social, she knew some people around. She was going to give her all on this mission.

- Diane Courbeau - Court of Umbra - Sanctus Heights: Meeting Room -
Stardustblade358 Stardustblade358 , RikuXIII RikuXIII

The whole meeting had been inconsequential for Diane, she was obviously more interested in the subtle hints on the faces of those present. Those of the Elders, the Maesters, even the High Priestess. Any hint could give them an advantage at some point. What she did notice was that one mage of her court had been gone for quite a while. Isabelle? Yeah, Isabelle was her name. Was she feeling ill? or perhaps she found the meeting boring too. She didn't really knew. She watched elder Absalom Sagus for a moment, he said that Lieutenant Mastiff was the one in charge of the investigation. Maybe he was the man they had seen before. Diane focused on Vincent and Gerik once she heard her name. Apparently she was going to help the Ignis member in the investigation.

"It will be a pleasure to help you in the investigation, Mister Watson," Diane said calmly, "The source of such tragedy must be found and dealt with."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back