• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Fortune Teller's Table [Seven Paths OOC]

Wildcats Wildcats , looking good so far. This might sound like something of a nitpick, but I'd prefer if your character were portrayed by an illustration rather than a photograph of a live person. I have several reasons for asking this, if you want some suggestions for images similar to the one you have now, I'd be happy to oblige :)

Ok, all good there. Any suggestions for images that look similar would be very helpful though, I can't seem to find any.

Edit: Never mind, I've found one! Thanks for the offer though

Stickdom Stickdom I'll admit that's where I struggling the most. I have some other ideas now, and I'll give it a good ol' once over, thanks for letting me know!

Obligatory edit: aaa I'm so excited to see more cs pop up

Last edited:
Ok, all good there. Any suggestions for images that look similar would be very helpful though, I can't seem to find any.

Well, a quick search came up with some of these, see if any of them tickle your fancy. I particularly like the one with the coffee cup myself, though I wasn't sure which one would fit your character's personality the most XD

IMG_7905.PNG IMG_7906.JPG IMG_7907.JPG IMG_7908.JPG IMG_7909.JPG IMG_7911.JPG IMG_7912.JPG

Wildcats Wildcats I missed your edit, but the pics remain the same, maybe you'll like one of mine or decide to keep the one you found, either way :)

Stickdom Stickdom I'll admit that's where I struggling the most. I have some other ideas now, and I'll give it a good ol' once over, thanks for letting me know!

Obligatory edit: aaa I'm so excited to see more cs pop up

That's alright, if it's giving you trouble, shoot me a PM, I love talking over a good character (and totally not addicted to getting PMs and notifications in general at all *^* ). If you've got some ideas, run with them, Is always eager to see players discover their characters as they play them too ^~^

Wildcats Wildcats I missed your edit, but the pics remain the same, maybe you'll like one of mine or decide to keep the one you found, either way :)

That's alright, if it's giving you trouble, shoot me a PM, I love talking over a good character (and totally not addicted to getting PMs and notifications in general at all *^* ). If you've got some ideas, run with them, Is always eager to see players discover their characters as they play them too ^~^
Aaa actually some of yours are so much better thank you

Eyy, step up folks, don't be shy, it's a game to see who can make the old man cry!

I can already f e e l the f e e l s coming from this rp lord above help us all

Alright, I've gotten pretty much almost everyone accounted for. Wildcats Wildcats has yet to send me a character concept, but they've got a good-looking CS in the works, so I'm not too worried. Everyone else except for Yunn Yunn has gotten in touch with me in one way or another, just pinging them to see if they've got something lined up to send me :) FrazzledFox FrazzledFox has a short pass for now since they said they'd be away on a trip for a while, though I'm expecting them back shortly. All in all, this looks like it's going to be an interesting crew, I can't wait to see those CSes finished up so we can get this show on the road :D I'm expecting to start on Wednesday if everyone hustles up and gets finished in the next day or so, keep up the good work, mates :D

(Everyone else not tagged yet XD)
DrBezendrine DrBezendrine YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Diminium Diminium JustWhipIt JustWhipIt

Actually, I do have one order of business that requires participation from everyone. So I've been contemplating how this RP is going to work, system-wise. I have two ways that this could work, and I want to pitch them to you players to see which you all prefer, then we will put it to a vote.

The first one is what I'm calling the "Traditional" system. That's the way that the majority of your RPs are run, everyone in the IC thread, replying one after the other with interjections by the GM (me) where necessary. While this is the most familiar method of RPing, this RP requires a bit of perspective shifting, where I'll be describing the scenario differently to each player based on their character's focal point. Basically what this means is that one character may get details that the others don't/can't notice or maybe some of the characters see the situation one way and the rest see it totally differently, like through illusions or noticing hidden magical creatures. So the single thread "Traditional" method is more familiar, but it makes it a bit more clunky and harder to work with for me as the GM and you as the players trying to pick through the details.

The second system I had in mind was the "Adventure" system. This gives each player their own thread, basically like a "singleplayer mode" for just their character, with the actions of the other players and their surroundings being described from their perspective by myself, adding in details that only their character might notice. This system would separate the players a little bit since they wouldn't be replying directly to each other, but it means that a character can go off on their own more easily and not have to wait for the group to agree to move to an area together and still keep the action going. This would be more fast-paced, more responses and more action for each player individually, so if a player is lagging behind a little, the others can move ahead and not worry about leaving one guy completely behind for very long. The Adventure mode would be more immersive, giving all the players a sense that THEY are their own main character, and yet still part of the group if they choose to be. Plus, players can use this to keep secrets from the other players, since you won't see each others' threads, and you may want the element of surprise at certain points, especially if your character has an advantage they want to use to its fullest.

So, there you have it, two systems to choose from, the one with the vote majority from you, the players, will be the system we use for the entire RP. Which will it be:

The familiar and group-focused Traditional system?

-or-

The action oriented and individual player story Adventure system?

YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro DrBezendrine DrBezendrine Wildcats Wildcats Yunn Yunn JustWhipIt JustWhipIt FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Diminium Diminium

^Just a note^

I can make either system work for this RP, so don't feel like you'll be missing out on anything one way or the other. I just want to gauge whether it's more important for you players to have a cooperative story in one thread or would rather explore your characters individually in separate threads.

Is it possible to do a hybrid of both? Like at one point everyone is doing their own adventures, but then comes a critical part where everyone has to do Traditional style?

Gee... I am a fan of both, and I like the idea of everyone feeling like the main character. I do still like traditional reply to each other thing, however I see adventure mode as being able to keep the RP alive if there comes a rough spot in replies, but it makes me wonder how smooth character interactions/dialouge will be?

Currently I'm fine with either

Edit: I do like Yumeno's idea of having a mixture of both, or if that's understandbly more difficult, maybe just an extra thread to mess around in character or something similar, haha I'm torn

Last edited:
Still here, I just have an unfinished CS in my workshop to keep you updated.

If I had to pick one over the other I'm more interested in the individual player system to keep the aspect of surprise.

Agreed, the Adventure system feels like a refreshing idea and I think the added secrecy is an especially interesting factor. Although, it does make me worry a little about character interactions and feeling a bit disconnected with everyone else in the RP. But I trust that you'll be able to manage it effectively. :P Traditional sounds like the way to go for big events while Adventure I think would be best for downtime, if that makes any sense.

Is it possible to do a hybrid of both? Like at one point everyone is doing their own adventures, but then comes a critical part where everyone has to do Traditional style?

I'm considering doing something like that, like a large scene where everyone is together means grouping up in the IC, but I have some concerns about that, which I'll explain below in answer to Diminium.

Gee... I am a fan of both, and I like the idea of everyone feeling like the main character. I do still like traditional reply to each other thing, however I see adventure mode as being able to keep the RP alive if there comes a rough spot in replies, but it makes me wonder how smooth character interactions/dialouge will be?

Currently I'm fine with either

The replies will be a word-for-word quotation of what the other player says... when they hear it. Since this is story relies so heavily on supernatural elements, each character is going to handle them differently. Take this example, the group falls into a magical illusion of some kind that distorts everything you say into something else. In the Traditional system, the GM has no control over what players say to each other, so when you type out something to another player, they read that and can take action before I get the chance to apply the surroundings to the scenario, where in the Adventure setting, they will try to say something to another player and the GM has the opportunity to filter that through the scenario and send a specific message to the player being addressed without the confusion of "player said this and GM told me something else, so I know it must be some distortion." It removes the meta-gaming aspect, I could do something similar in the Traditional system using spoilers to talk to each player privately, but the posts are still visible to everyone and you can take guesses as to what is really going on when your character shouldn't have any clue what's happening at all.

It's cheap, but it gives the GM a finer control of the story and how each character perceives it, it makes a better story for each individual, and honestly it makes it significantly more fun for me as the GM to tell the story in that way. If it was my choice alone, I would make it the Adventure mode myself, but I wanted to leave the choice up to you players to make sure you knew what you were getting into and had a choice to decide what kind of RP you were getting into.

Then I'll jump on the bandwagon as with that bit of clarity I definitely now think adventure mode will be the way to go to make this super clean and fun to play

Still here, I just have an unfinished CS in my workshop to keep you updated.

If I had to pick one over the other I'm more interested in the individual player system to keep the aspect of surprise.
No problem, Yunn, if you don't mind, just send me a quick description of your character in a PM so I can "okay" it and point out anything of interest that might be helpful to you to know. Doesn't have to be much, just a general gist of what you have in mind for you character and their background :)

I plan to have Mae up tonight, and i really like a combo of both, but if I had to choose one, Adventure
Hey! Fox is back! Alright, now we've got the whole crew, I'm so excited to see what you guys are going to come up with :D

So the general consensus is for the Adventure mode, so once you have completed your character, I will create a thread for each of you individually and you may begin playing out the beginning of your story. I'll guide you all into meeting up with each other eventually, so don't worry about how to interact with the other players yet, just focus on being in character and taking action in your surroundings and the story will take care of itself ^~^

Great! ANd yeah I got back late last night and had work today >.> Mae's sheet wont be up for a bit, helping my friend code for the first time

Ohh Adventure sounds so cool. I'm afraid I wasn't aware I had to send a character concept, must have missed that sorry. Do you still want one?

And i'm sorry, it's pretty late here. I'll finish my sheet first thing tomorrow morning!

Alright, apparently everyone missed the memo, so I'm going to make it unmistakably clear for all future intents and purposes.
IMG_7950.JPG

I have reasons for this, I'm not hating on the "real life" community, I'm simply asking for an illustration of your character rather than a photograph. It shouldn't be difficult to find something that fits what you're looking for, and if you happen to not find one you like, I'd be glad to do some searching for you. As I have said, I have reasons for not wanting to use photographs of real people, so illustrations are the alternative provided. If you would like to use anime or cartoon characters, I don't mind, just keep them decently proportioned and not too outrageously big-eyed/headed XD I have thousands of resource images saved up if you need some creative inspiration, I really don't mind providing a entire slew of images for you to use if you can't bring yourself to look up an illustration for your character.

/crazed madman ranting

Diminium Diminium JustWhipIt JustWhipIt YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro FrazzledFox FrazzledFox Wildcats Wildcats Yunn Yunn DrBezendrine DrBezendrine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back