• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Forgotten Siblings |A Story of Growth| Currently Open

Eccentric_Undead

Oddity is the mother of creation. Be weird.
pfnw_empire_magic_academy_s_morning_mist_by_devilkero_d5y3r7c-fullview.jpg

What would you say if I told you that everything you thought was fake or myth was real? Specifically, gods. How do we know this? Because of the existence of the towers and the children.

Towers of Gods are literal towers stretching up to the heavens, created from some material that falls between living and dead. The winding and twisting branches of the rough and almost unnatural formations stretched into the heavens far beyond what we could see. These towers were set up every 500 m in a perfect grid across the planet. Each Tower was said to lead to the heavens, acting as a bridgeway for the God's power to influence the world. Many were held as monuments, religious icons and the gifts from the gods. Even in modern day, they are protected sites. Any damage or disrespect to them is met with extreme hostility.

The children of the gods, rather than actually being children of one God or another, they are children who have been giving blessings and boons by the gods. They are people who have been given great power and are held in the highest regard among modern society. They are destined for greatness and are absolutely the Pinnacle of what being a human should be. Each one of these Children of the Gods can fall into very specific categories. Each of them can, in different ways, manipulate their magical energy. They are the only ones who can manipulate magic energy and are considered the power in whatever area they are in. When they are around, they even outrank police officers. Their authority is unmatched and pure. Society looks upon them as living incarnations of the Gods.

These children use their powers in all sorts of wonderful ways that create miracles and magic. Some use spells, others use enchantments and a few of them use weapons imbued with magic. Others can create weapons that are magically linked. They are considered the most wonderful things on the planet. So much so that they even created a specific academy just to send these magnificent people to school and learn their abilities. They divided each of the children into separate classes. These classes depict how much magic energy they are using and can use. These are the ranks from weakest to strongest:

- Clergy
- Nun/Deacon
- Priest/Priestess
- Duke/Duchess
- Shaman
- Sage
- Saint

However, we can forget all about that! Because we are not like them. Yes, we are children of the Gods. However, we are Esper class. The outsider class. The class that nobody wants to be. Why? Because we are different. Unlike most, we utilize our powers in very different ways. Ways that are not considered normal. This does not make us weak by any means, but that has become the general consensus. They measure our power based on our magical energy output and intake. However, they fail to realize that this is not the only way to do things. We of Esper class epitomize this. Some of us have weak magic energy, but we can do things in a round about way!

In this story, usually the Esper class is treated poorly. Treated as though they are less than and unable to do anything. In the academy they are treated as terrible and unimportant. They are picked on and treated horribly. However, this year's starting class is not the type to be pushed around.

In this story we will be playing the incoming Esper Class. This is a modern fantasy. There is no age limit. It is just the age of which the powers manifest within your character. Now, I want you to find a very round about way to make yourself OP. Keep in mind that these other accepted Children of the Gods use spells and weapon infusions and stuff like that. We need to do things in a very different way. We might have massive amounts of magical energy but only use one specific spell. That spell might be used in a really weird way. The sky is the limit! I would prefer if you would talk about your character with me, so I can help you out with any kinks so that way there is absolutely no problem when you post your character. Just as a way to make sure that there's this little resistance as possible. I gave little info because I want our characters actions to shape the world!

Romance is acceptable and actually encouraged! Respect people and their decisions when it comes to their characters. I do not intend to control your character and I do not even intend to offer up options for how you decide to make your character OP within this world. Yes, the point of this RP is to be OP. We are the class that is supposed to change the world. Ergo, got to be real strong to do that. However, overpowered ability does not automatically make ease. These people have had to fight their entire lives to make sure that they get respect. As such, they need to be strong. Strong enough to handle the amazing things they are going to do.

I would like you to be literate, posting at least two paragraphs per post. I understand that this is weird but I plan to make sure that we all have as much fun as possible. Can't wait to hear from you!

This sounds kinda interesting, i am down to clown! Though I do not have a specific concept in mind as off yet, but will see what I can come up with!

Is this meant to take place on "Earth"? Or is this a different world with different gods? Would certainly help to conceptualize characters if we had an outline of the pantheons/gods at hand.

Is this meant to take place on "Earth"? Or is this a different world with different gods? Would certainly help to conceptualize characters if we had an outline of the pantheons/gods at hand.
I think a little insight on the "classes" that the children of the gods could also help find things outside of those norms!

The gods literally have no say or effect on the powers you gain. Its just however you decide to apply them. They only awaken the ability to use and create magical energy.

I think a little insight on the "classes" that the children of the gods could also help find things outside of those norms!
That is just how much magic energy people can use. There is no outside factor in powers. Just how they are applied is what makes them odd. Think classic dnd style magic. Enchantments, spells, incantations. That is the normal for Children of the God's. Try to break the mold! That is the point! What oddity can you create if you can? How would you defy the gods and society? That is the entire point of the RP.

That is just how much magic energy people can use. There is no outside factor in powers. Just how they are applied is what makes them odd. Think classic dnd style magic. Enchantments, spells, incantations. That is the normal for Children of the God's. Try to break the mold! That is the point! What oddity can you create if you can? How would you defy the gods and society? That is the entire point of the RP.
Makes sense!

this sounds SO super interesting! i don’t currently have a character concept in mind, but i’ll try to come up with something

my question, in the meantime, is: will this be a slice of life grp? or will you be gm-ing for us?
I will have a character, but my character will be just as in danger as yours.

alright, cool, but my question still stands: is this going to be a slice of life and character-lead grp, or a gm-guided one where you introduce plot twists and reveal relevant plot points to advance the course of the rp?
A little of both. I will progress the story when I need to with action and adventure, maybe a twist or two. However, for the most part I will be letting character action dictate the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back