• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

“I guess. But I don’t really care, these guys have saved my life, I’m sticking with ‘em.”

”yep! And now, we like to keep each other from dying! It’s kind of like one big family!”

Colin had zoned out by the time, perhaps the stew had some unexpected sedatives? Was he dying? He shook his head then snapped back to reality "Family? You? I'm not babysitting you. Or anyone here."

"I don't remember anybody asking you to." Ivana muttered, handing Colin a slice of cake and a cup of tea, despite her better judgement. "Don't make me regret being nice to you."

He looked confused, giving some suspicious looks to the slice of cake. Hesitantly, he began digging in, one small bite at a time. "Wow, actually... It's really good! What's in this? Vanilla? No, orange zest?"he blurted out with his mouth filled with half-chewed cake.

"...Uh..." Ivana mumbled, caught a bit off guard by the questions. "Yeah...the cake part is vanilla, at least...the frosting's made out of sweetened cream cheese, and the filling's made from blackberries..."

"I'm surprised, it's... wow. Honestly I have no words." He continued shoveling spoonfulls of cake into his mouth, looking somewhat less paranoid.

"Hoooooh..." Horace exhaled. He quietly moved across the room silently. He might as well have teleported because he moved to the kitchen so quickly. Cake in one hand. Tea in the other, pinkie out. Horace drowned out all conversation in the background and zeroed in on cake.

He gestured his cake to his shoulder.

"Please don't... I still haven't finished esting the meal you gave me" Gus said.

So Horace looked at the cake for a few moments before eating it. In one bite too! Gone in an instance. Shoved right down his maw. Tea guzzled down like a shot glass.

"Erm!" He muttered under his breath.

"...Thankyou" He said. Gus had no words. He was relatively used to seeing this behavior from Horace, but still wasn't quite used to it. If Gus had eyes, he'd roll them right out of their sockets. So instead he created a telepathic image of a tree with a face doing it for him.

Horace wiped his face. He still had mannerisms in terms of cleanliness. He walked over to the chair facing the fire but sitting several feet away from it for safety measures. Fire bad for trees and all. Horace continued to sit in the chair at an angle so not to squish Gus.

Ivana smiled slightly, taken aback by the enthusiasm on her confectionaries, sipping her tea and choking on it as she watched Horace wolf down his slice. "Woah there-" she said through coughs. "That cake wasn't going anywhere-"

"Who knows, if a tree can move around, what stops a cake slice from becoming sentient?" he paused, then added, looking at gus "No offence, of course."

She caught her breath after her fit of choking, then sighed, putting her cup in the sink, "It's a cake. If it was alive, then I killed it by cutting it up, wouldn't you agree?"

Horace nodded to Ivana. "Thankyou!" Hirace said.

Horace stood there for a moment thinking about the possibility of a sentient cake slice. Fear, panic, trauma, and horror could describe his facial expression at the untold murder that had been committed.

"Noooo... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry Mr. Cake, you died to young... I'm so sorry... " Horace whimpered.

"Horace, the cake was not sentient. It did not possess thought or emotion or even an aura" Gus said making the image of a tree rolling its eyes again.

"Horace, where is this concern when you go fishing...?" Gus asked. Horace could only think of grilled fish and did not answer the question. His mouth almost began to water.

"Moving on..." Gus said.

"Oh, come on. It's just a joke, of course it wasn't sentient. Don't tell me you actually believed me..."

"R-rright! I knew that. Heh heh... Almost got me there" Horace said Horace was still too busy thinking about that grilled fish. A rather contempt grin sat on Horace's face and rather disappointed thoughts bounced around in Gus's mind.

Stretching, letting out a yawn, he mumbled "I really should go to sleep... I'm pretty beaten.".

Horace looked out the window.

"I need to be heading out pretty soon. My home isn't far from here. I can be back in the morning" Horace said.

"And as a friendly tip. Since I've already created a telepathic link with you all, that means I can always track you down, no matter where you go. No matter how far you travel, I can always find you. Even if you try to hide" Gus said in a calm innocent tone.

He gave him a stern look "It's too dark outside and you don't know who or what roams this forest. I doubt you have anything to defend yourself, so stay here." he paused, before replying in a softer tone "...And maybe I'll lend you my pair of binoculars if you behave. Andpleasedon'tfollowme..."

Horace didn't even hear a word Colin said. He was too busy staring into the void. Darkness. His top tier number 1 fear. Right behind pain. And death. Darkness being number 4. Number three was having his throat slit in the dark.

"Horace, you don't need light to take you home when you got me to guide you home! We've walked home in the dark before" Gus said.

Colin gently shook him by his shoulders, raising one of his eyebrows "Horace? Horace, is everything fine? I'm sorry if I scared you, man."

Horace was still looking out the window.

"No, no... Horace does this every time we go outside past 6pm. Your fine" Gus said.

"Huh... huh? Did you say something? Oh, I'm fine. One hundred and eighty-four" Horace said.

"He's counting. He's fine" Gus said. Horace looked down at his cup and got up to place it on the table. He looked calm now.

"Yeah. Just get a little nervous sometime. Thanks for asking" Horace said.

He just gave him a nod of approval, slightly irked. "Seems like everyone here is going insane. Or is insane... It's hard to tell at this point." he thought.

He froze in place, then looked at Lux, bewildered. "Let's see, what number am I thinking of?" he said, in a defiant tone while thinking of a random number,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back