• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (RP thread)

"You think so? I...thank you." Ivana replied, feeling a little hot around the collar that had nothing to do with the fireplace. "Yes, I suppose so, Gus...I guess I'll go and...make us something to eat." she bustled off into the kitchen.

*Lux walks over to a place covered by some decorations and goes behind them, he just wanted to unwind alone*

"It's much more fancier than my home. I'm kind of jealous... " he laughed, rubbing his hands to feel more comfortable "Really like the hanging weaponry and armor, makes it look more ArGH DeCorT." he blurted in a mock french accent.

“That sounded terrible.” *Lux commented, still hidden*

Ivana's laughter could be heard from the kitchen, it seemed like she had enjoyed it even though she said, "That accent was awful! Never do that again!"

After some time, the fragrance of something spicy could be smelled in the air, and Ivana walked back into the living room, balancing some bowls and passing them around. "I hope you all don't object against spice. It's stew. It's hearty you know? Spicy, warms you up inside!" Ivana thumped her chest with a fist before sitting down in front of the fire.
The stew itself looked a bit red, and smelling it up close may or may not singe a couple of nosehairs.

His face scrunched up as the smell hit his nose, he inmidately forced a smile "MMM! DELIGHTFUL." The detective shakingly lifted up the bowl, praying to any random deity that crossed his mind for a blessing.

“Huh, I’ve never had anything spicy. I wonder how it tastes…” *Lux takes a sip* “Ow! Jesus! This hurts! I hate spicy stuff!”

"It may be a little difficult for you all to handle, I must admit. We jackalope drink this whenever we spend a long time in the snow. It helps greatly, warms you up straight away."
Ivana gulped down some of her stew, before adding, "Although, maybe I should have added less spice for your more...shall we say...delicate palettes."

Out of politeness (and fear of becoming a wall decoration) he began sipping the hellish stew, tears pouring down his eyes. His throat felt like burning, yet he still mustered the strenght to smile "Thanks... for the food."

“I’ve only really eaten berries before, I rarely get to eat anything other than that.”

Ivana smiled. "You're welcome. And as for you, Lux, maybe...maybe I have something you'd like better..." she stood up and left to the kitchen. returning with a small bag of dried fruit. "I said we were good at preserving things." she mentioned before giving him the bag.

“Oh, nice! I wish I could preserve stuff like this!”

"Ooooh dear..." Horace nervously gestured, afraid of spicy food, but also afraid to disappoint the chef.

Horace ate a spoonful, and bit his lip and looked around for a glass of water. Regeneration would kick in and the spicy taste in his mouth would fade away. He smiled as he noticed, aside from th he spice, the food tasted rather pleasant.

"Th-thankyou" Horace said. He reached behind him, and poured some food on one of Gus's branches. It didn't do anything except get food in Gus's branch. It was a bit odd that Horace thought Gus could eat like that, but Horace continued to eat.

"Uuughhh... The food is good...?" Gus said, unsure of how to respond.

Horace continued eating and giving mixed signals between looks of complete and total agony as the spice kicked in, then joy and carefree as his regenerative ability kicked in.

"The spiciest food I've ever had was probably... Some peppers I tried once." he put down the bowl "Oh, maybe I could try doing jams!"

”well, thanks for the food! I really appreciate it!”

"Mhmm." Ivana replied absent-mindedly to the pair of them as she watched Horace struggle through her stew with interest. "You're much more hardy than I thought. Kudos to you." she complimented.

He looked towards Horace, amazed of how he managed to recover. With a sheepish grin he said "Don't worry about the pain now, worry when you need to go to the bathroom."

He took a seat by the fireplace and warmed his hands against the heat. Leaning back against the wall of the couch, the soldier sighed to himself in relief. It’s been some time since he enjoyed the comfort of a real home.

“Thank you,” Taleisin gave a nod of gratitude as he accepted the bowl of stew. He looked at the bowl in awe and took a gulp of the broth without a second thought.

His face turned red.

The spice was too much for him to handle, but he hungrily ate the stew anyways. Past the spiciness of the broth, it actually tasted way too nice to pass up. And it’s been some time since he last ate.

*Lux was sitting behind some decoration, happily munching on the dried fruit*

Ivana paid no mind to the agony everyone (except Lux) seemed to be in- it almost appeared like she had expected it all along. She quickly finished her stew with no reaction to the spice at all, and sighed contently. "The stew won't affect you in that way. Peppers and chili tend to do that, but this is purely Dragon's Tongue, an herb we jackalope grow here on the mountain. Your bathroom experience will be fine." she mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back