• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [THE FOREST] (CLOSED)

I like to add little things here and there to my character to keep the rp going or to drive my plot, the sixth sense also helps cover up mistakes, so I sometimes use it as an excuse to make me look not dumb-

Right! I always try to leave little details out of my character to add a layer of intrigue. Also, yes, sometimes I make mistakes in RPs and hastily try to cover them up. Good excuse for little slip ups tho, lol

Yeah like I'm not dumb enough to flirt with some old dude. But it's whatever, I guess.
Do you have a character ready for this RP?

I’m gonna make a thread and we can all get everything sorted out there, give links to our characters, and start the rp!

Okay! Click on the link to the rp and introduce your character there!

Yeah! You’d just click the link I put a few posts above to get to the thread and explain your character!

Name: Horace and Gus
Height: 5'9"
Appearance: Horace is a red haired boy with pale skin and many freckles. Mint green eyes and patches of green skin.moss grows on parts of his body and small branches with leaves sprout out across his arms and back. Though mostly around the shoulders. These are mostly concealed under his shirt. His fingers are brown and and look as if they are made of wood. His blood is a yellow glowing treesap which can be seen in his visible veins and blood vessels along his body. A small tree grows on his back. That's Gus. He looks kinda like a bonsai tree. All of his outfits have a large hole in the back between the shoulder blades where Gus is.
Clothing: Horace wears a bright orange t-shirt and a red leather jacket. Camo cargo pants and cowboy boots with lightning bolts on the sides.

Home: a large treehouse in the middle of a thick forest
Race: Horace is a human and Gus is a Psytree. Psytrees are a race of sentient race of parasitic trees that grow on living creatures. Preferably intelligent lifeforms.
Powers: despite being a parasitic tree, Gus benefits Horace greatly. He can increase Horace's lifespan by several hundred years. Slow the aging process indefinitely and gives regenerative healing. Because Gus is a very powerful psychic tree, Horace is immune to psychic/mental attacks and has a slight resistance to magic in general at the cost of being weaker to fire. Gus can telepathically communicate with people for up to a 25 mile radius.
Personality: Horace is a nervous man who startles very easily and oftentimes searches for an escape route when a situation goes sour. He's pragmatic and assumes the worst about everything and everyone. Gus is very pure innocent soul, but also overconfident and reckless and pushes Horace to be more social and outgoing.
Weapons: None now. Later a staff.
Flaws: Horace is afraid of conflict and prefers to avoid it, where as Gus is extremely young and immature for a psytree. Most psytrees don't mature until they are nearly 100.
Fears: Horace fears many things, but pain is the biggest fear. Both physical and emotional. The fear of betrayed is also very high on his list. Gus acts as if he fears nothing, but us very much afraid of disappointment and not living up to expectations, such as growing up to be a proper psytree.
Fun facts: Thanks to Gus, Horace will live to be several hundred years. Over long periods of time, he will slowly grow bigger and bigger. Its possible that when he turns 300 years old, he may be over 9 ft tall and have clumps of bark growing over his torso.

Gus gets most of his nutrients from Horace but can sustain himself off sunlight and water for a very long time. As a result, Horace can go an extremely long time without food.

[SHORT SUMMARY]

Horace lived an average life, working on a farm near the woods and always sought shelter in a large hole in the ground under an old stump. He'd hide there for hours. Sometimes bring books when he knew he'd be there a while. One day when Horace was six, it was raining pretty bad. Winds were howling and had just left the farmhouse to hide from his older brothers.

He ran to his hideaway hole and was struck in the back of the neck, falling to the ground. It felt like he has been stung by a wasp in the back of his neck. He wouldn't have imagined the thing that hit him was a psytree seed, but he felt so tired and confused. Horace didn't understand at the time, but these feeling were Gus telepathically sharing its emotions with him. It took Gus two years to figure out human speech and another year for Horace to realize he wasn't hearing imaginary voices and going crazy.

I put a badge on every morning, not knowing if I'll be back to take it off at night.
File #001A
Detective Colin "Scaredy" Dascombe

• Height: 5'9 (~171cm)
  • Likes: Coffee, quiet, still lakes, company, small animals, warm weather, order.
  • Dislikes: Most music, rain, people who move his stuff.
Colin Dascombe is a novice detective drawn to the mysterious forests to investigate several disappearances. As the youngest in his station Dascombe has recieved a series of... unsavory nicknames, mostly because of his cowardice. He's always on edge, flinching at any noise and hesitant to enter crime scenes, his paranoia doesn't help him either. He has the tendency to be snappy and quick to anger, especially when verbally confronted. Despite his flaws and inexperience, he refuses to give up and promises himself and his town to give closure to whatever happens inside that forest. Hubris or pride, no one knows--- his resolve is strong enough to ward off his fears, for a while.

Appearance:
1674265821187.png

Last edited:
I’m gonna be gone all day to celebrate Chinese new years , my character will remain incapacitated till then 🥲

Users who are viewing this thread

Back