The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend - have fun out there!

Silanon Silanon Silanon Silanon Don't forget that you have five dice of Luck. Try giving them a roll to see if you get any bonuses.
Thanks for the reminder - I'll do that right now, actually, before I forget. During this scene, I'll also want my 2 overall skill levels on stealth, I believe.

Wow. Like a dummy, I relied on Alerts again and haven't realized anyone has posted in-game here since about Wednesday. Catching up now! =)

I just put up a IC post for you to look at, otherwise things have been a bit quiet.

Thanky, Spanky!

(That's Spanky.) =)

(Don't mind me. I'm just pleased as punch to be home and gaming!) =)

No worries, we didn't burn down the place just yet.

Sherwood Sherwood Your post takes things a little farther than what I had planned (I meant to look for a possibly better location, not immediately teleport there) - but I think it works out quite well this way. I'll look up the modifiers real quick and do the rolls. Is a roll for the actual teleport required?

No worries, we didn't burn down the place just yet.

Sherwood Sherwood Your post takes things a little farther than what I had planned (I meant to look for a possibly better location, not immediately teleport there) - but I think it works out quite well this way. I'll look up the modifiers real quick and do the rolls. Is a roll for the actual teleport required?
Sorry, I thought you were heading in. I misunderstood. One of the many flaws of the PbP system compared to tabletop gaming.

No need to roll for the sorcery of the teleport. That was helped out by your Luck roll.

Sorry, I thought you were heading in. I misunderstood. One of the many flaws of the PbP system compared to tabletop gaming.

No need to roll for the sorcery of the teleport. That was helped out by your Luck roll.
No worries, should've made it clearer myself; I mostly wanted to have a safe teleport location to escape to before I'm going in.

Rolls should be both at 14-, so let's hope for the best.

That's a pretty impressive stealth roll right there...

At least, it wasn't even close... thank you very much, dear dice roller...

O.K.. I'm holding off on posting in-game as it seems it's best to see the results of Nisha's cursed roll. Poor Nisha! =)

Sherwood sez, "Nisha's Teleportation roll is so fubar'ed, she vanishes only to appear in the middle of a school where she is forced to learn magic all over again!"
harry potter ron GIF

While the rest of the Force of Justice just kind of looks at each other like this:
Chris Rock Reaction GIF

I'll need it =)

Hey, Sherwood Sherwood - would you mind rolling a couple of dice for me? I don't know why, but my faith in the dice roller here more or less evaporated, recently...

Looking to their self-appointed leader, she wheels to Blue Bolt, "Once the Carbonites flee, they may escape in multiple directions making it near-impossible for us to track them all down. What should we do, sir?"
Imagine waiting for orders.

Now to contradict the spirit of that joke by asking for a quick run-down of how to go about some things. Namely, I'd like to have Chaser run inside (a very brave and not at all foolish idea). Is this now a combat encounter, where he can only move up to a certain distance per phase? Or is this, well...not, and he can just attempt to run in the whole way?

Sherwood Sherwood

Imagine waiting for orders.

Now to contradict the spirit of that joke by asking for a quick run-down of how to go about some things. Namely, I'd like to have Chaser run inside (a very brave and not at all foolish idea). Is this now a combat encounter, where he can only move up to a certain distance per phase? Or is this, well...not, and he can just attempt to run in the whole way?

Sherwood Sherwood
Not quite a combat scene yet, but it is probably going to go that direction very soon. Right now, with your speed, you can run down to the loading dock or the front door in just a matter of a few seconds.

"Don't. Even. Ask." Nisha's voice, heard through the mind-link, seems to promise a slow and painful death; one can't tell whom she has in mind, of course, but they probably work in the wringer industry.
Silanon Silanon Sil, you are such a treat! I laughed out loud when I read this! Poor Nisha. =)

Not quite a combat scene yet, but it is probably going to go that direction very soon. Right now, with your speed, you can run down to the loading dock or the front door in just a matter of a few seconds.
So running inside wouldn't take much longer. Would be acceptable to attempt to trip up a few people on the way? I assume that will require some rolls.

Trip up? Why not go all Beverly Hills Cop and stuff some bananas up their tailpipes? After all, you stop the vehicles, you stop their deliveries. =)

So running inside wouldn't take much longer. Would be acceptable to attempt to trip up a few people on the way? I assume that will require some rolls.
Yes, in order for you to pull this off, I would need to know just what you are trying to do. Knocking out some of the people there wouldn't be too hard; they don't appear to have any armor on them.

Trip up? Why not go all Beverly Hills Cop and stuff some bananas up their tailpipes? After all, you stop the vehicles, you stop their deliveries. =)
Where is Chaser supposed to get b- wait, bananas?!

Yes, in order for you to pull this off, I would need to know just what you are trying to do. Knocking out some of the people there wouldn't be too hard; they don't appear to have any armor on them.
Probably just to sweep some people's legs out from under them while running inside- perhaps not the most effective way to knock someone out, but I found it thematically appropriate.

What I imagine Chaser would do is rush into the building to try and rescue his unfortunate comrade, despite her doubting his incredible speed earlier.

Where is Chaser supposed to get b- wait, bananas?!
Doesn't have to be bananas. Anything like it really. Isn't there something Chaser might improvise with? Don't tell me he's all speed and little imagination? (If that sounds like a challenge, I assure you it's a friendly one.) =)

Here's a quick guide for your viewing pleasure, Quick. =)

"Beverly Hills Cop - Banana in the Tailpipe (1984)"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread