The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

I mean, it hasn't been all that long, has it? You only send the message a few days ago.

So, here's a question. From San Francisco to Sacramento is 87 miles, approximately 140 kilometers. How long would that actually take to traverse? I know Megascale movement is impractical to use in combat, but I was under the impression that you could still travel the whole distance in one phase.
Looking at her profile, Epiphany hasn't been on in over a week. I don't quite know what to do; I want to make sure she has a chance to get back to the game, but I don't want to just have her character in limbo forever. I'll give her some more time before having Lady Justice stay behind.

As far as your Megascale movement goes, you are right that it will take you very little time to get there. Your biggest concern is having to go slow enough to maneuver around obstacles until you are out of San Francisco and then you can really pour on the speed. But distance travel is not going to be a problem for most of you.

Re: Pips. Sherwood, whatever you decide, I'm with you.

I hope to post here within 48 hours (if real life doesn't get in the way). =)

Just a heads-up! Dreamy is going to offer to Mind Link everyone (including Blue Bolt) before they all fly off to all corners of Cali. =)

I plan on posting in every game I'm involved in later today, but first... sleep. =)

Wearing Chaser's gifted hoodie, because that might just work as an official work attire for the moment.
iu

Slowly but surely, the master plan comes together.

Sherwood Sherwood

Luminary and Chaser can have a race to see who gets to the Governor's mansion the fastest as they fly/run along, leaving Dreamy and Dawn to choose how you will get to the hospital.

Blue Bolt leans back in his chair, and then says, "Ok, here's what we're going to do. Terranaut, you have the technical expertise to examine the energy weapons that the bad guys were using. Check them out. I believe that they will be found in the FBI's evidence room, and since Lady Justice has some firearms knowledge, you should go with him. Now, Luminary and Chaser. The two of you go to speak with the Governor and his family. See if there is anything in the past few weeks that would offer up a suggestion on just who is behind all of this. Just go easy when talking with Rebecca. Remember, she's only twelve, and has had a very traumatic experience. The rest of you, swing by the jail and see if our kidnapper has lawyered up. Try and convince him to allow a mental probe to see if he's been mind controlled."
(bold mine)

I'm confused. Are Nisha and Dreamy heading to the jail (presumably the San Francisco County Jail?) or hospital? (and if so, do they know which hospital, room, etc?). Or have I confused something again? =)

My mistake. It will be a trip to the jail to try and talk to the one surviving kidnapper.

I had to ask because I think it's not out of the realm of possibility to have a prisoner in a hospital with a police guard. =)

Has Dreamy been taught how to make use of her Federal authority as an FoJ member? And just how does that work in this game? What powers does she have under Federal Law and are they domestic or international, please?

I had to ask because I think it's not out of the realm of possibility to have a prisoner in a hospital with a police guard. =)

Has Dreamy been taught how to make use of her Federal authority as an FoJ member? And just how does that work in this game? What powers does she have under Federal Law and are they domestic or international, please?
Yes, all of you have been given some training classes as to what federal powers you have. You guys are basically FBI agents, but assigned to the Department of Superhuman Affairs.

International actions involve the State Department to get clearance for you to operate in the other nation. In most cases, the FoJ can do some fancy hero stuff in a friendly nation and the clearance is hand-waved to make it all official. In other nations, if you respond to a paranormal threat, it will have to be a secret operation to keep an international incident from happening.

So... for roleplaying goodness here, what have the FoJ (our team) been trained to do when they arrive at, say, San Francisco County Jail to speak with a prisoner? =)

So... for roleplaying goodness here, what have the FoJ (our team) been trained to do when they arrive at, say, San Francisco County Jail to speak with a prisoner? =)
Yes. You will need to check in with the police there, and show your credentials for their records. Then you can request to speak with the prisoner and get any info that the locals have available.

Yes. You will need to check in with the police there, and show your credentials for their records. Then you can request to speak with the prisoner and get any info that the locals have available.

Sherwood Sherwood

Dreamy has "8-" Everyman Skill levels in her Area Knowledge of San Francisco. Okay. As a longtime traveler in Real Life, this makes me think that she knows San Fran very well (as opposed to an Area Knowledge of, say, Central California or California). Given that San Francisco has one jail (San Francisco County Jail) and Dreamy was a crime-fighter prior to her joining FoJ, may I presume she knows very well how to find that jail from the FoJ mansion?

The prisoner is not in San Francisco, but is being held at the main detention center in Sacramento. You can use the navigation program on the FoJ phone that you have to be able to get GPS directions on how to find it for either street turn-by-turn directions, or for someone flying there directly.

Oh, cool! Also, I have to ask - just how often is AK: San Fran going to be? Dreamy is a traveler by nature; would it be feasible to somehow branch this skill out to "central" California (parts of NorCal and SoCal)? I don't want to have a Skill I'm likely only to use once in a blue moon and I have no idea how often we'll be moving around. What do you think?

Oh, cool! Also, I have to ask - just how often is AK: San Fran going to be? Dreamy is a traveler by nature; would it be feasible to somehow branch this skill out to "central" California (parts of NorCal and SoCal)? I don't want to have a Skill I'm likely only to use once in a blue moon and I have no idea how often we'll be moving around. What do you think?
The vision I have for the team is that you will be spending a good chunk of the time in play romping around San Francisco, with the occasional jaunt out of town or up in space. A AK skill is going to be useful, depending on how narrow you make it. One that covers southern California will provide good info on general stuff, but a skill specific to LA or SF or whatever city you choose will give you more details on locations without having to rely upon a navigation app on a smart phone.
I was just going to assume this but I might as well ask- does the governor live at Governor's Mansion State Historic Park?
I was under the impression that the Gov lives in the mansion. I am not a California native, so if it is not the case, it is due to my ignorance and being too lazy to do any sizable research on the subject, and just letting my assumptions carry the day.

I was under the impression that the Gov lives in the mansion. I am not a California native, so if it is not the case, it is due to my ignorance and being too lazy to do any sizable research on the subject, and just letting my assumptions carry the day.
The governor hasn't lived there recently, but it is my understanding that generally they do and that it's an option for them. If it's alright, I would like to continue under that assumption.

The vision I have for the team is that you will be spending a good chunk of the time in play romping around San Francisco, with the occasional jaunt out of town or up in space. A AK skill is going to be useful, depending on how narrow you make it. One that covers southern California will provide good info on general stuff, but a skill specific to LA or SF or whatever city you choose will give you more details on locations without having to rely upon a navigation app on a smart phone.

San Francisco, definitely. If we'll be spending good time there, then yeah! Having an AK in San Fran is definitely worth it! =)

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow; too late to catch up everywhere today, but I'm getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread