The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Naw. Deb is wanting to make sure that Dreamy knows how to operate the phone so you can find everyone.

As they wait for the others to reply with their thoughts, Deb will slide over to stand next to Dreamy and quickly make sure she knows how to use her GPS and navigation apps on the phone she was given by the FoJ. "Everyone, lets go ahead and meet up here, at the Governors Mansion, and start with getting a read on the girl that these men were trying to snatch up, this Rebecca Talbert. I wonder, is she a paranormal? If so, we will need to be very careful with what people we share this information with. There are many people that will just freak out with the fact that if she is some sort of metahuman, she had to get the genes from one of her parents, and that fact could irreparably damage the Governor's efforts to run the state, let alone any chance for reelection."

Sherwood Sherwood So... either you're playing Psychie's character, Deb, or there's another Deb around here that I've missed? I'm lost.

Ah, I see the source of the confusion now. Psy was having some issues with her computer, and asked me to post that for her. I just forgot to mention that I was doing so, being so used to posting on my own.

The good news is, her 'puter is working ok again, so this shouldn't happen again.

Yeah, my laptop decided to do the dreaded Blue Screen of Death and shut down. It took a bit of work to get the damn thing to work again, but it is up to speed once more.

I was thinking present, just quiet (because if he's not here at all, he'll have no idea what's going on when D. is able to post). Sherwood Sherwood ? What do you think?

I am fine with him being in the background, but still there. Not everyone has the time to post, and I don't wish to hold up the game.

But we haven't heard from Epiphany Epiphany in a bit..... You with us?

Blue Bolt leans back in his chair, and then says, "Ok, here's what we're going to do.

I apologize for this negative comment, but my Character has asked the rest of the team about three times now over the past few weeks which of our Characters is leading our team. If all along there was no choice in the matter (it's the NPC Blue Bolt. Surprise!), then Sherwood, would you mind saying so? Especially when you see one of your PCs asking and asking? This little surprise has kind of stopped me from posting as Dreamy these past few days (robbed me of my motivation, you might say).

In the future, if you know this choice is not in our hands, could this be nipped in the bud? Just tell us? All these weeks, I was honestly thinking one of our PCs was going to be leading the group. Silly me.

I'll post when I get Dreamy back.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Dann. Personally, I read things a bit differently; Blue Bolt is the leader of the western team, and Nisha mentioned just prior that she doesn't see anyone within the team qualified to make decisions yet. Besides, none of us others really jumped at the opportunity and said: 'Hey, lemme take the lead.' Suggestions about the course of actiones were made, of course, and those were mostly picked up by Blue Bolt, I believe. That said, I can see where you're coming from. And I certainly see how it's no fun from your perspective, and that ain't good.

Sorry Dann. I was getting frustrated with the hemming and hawing of the group, and wanted to try and move things along. I had fully expected one of you to step up and take charge, but no one seems to be wanting to make that jump yet.

Speaking of players, has anyone had any contact with Epiphany Epiphany ? I know that D. Rex D. Rex has a new job which is interfering with his posting schedule, but I have tried to ping Pips but have gotten no response. If I don't hear from her soon, I'll NPC Lady Justice. Terranaut may also fall into that category if D. Rex continues to be delayed.

I haven't been in contact with either, lately, but that doesn't really say much, given that my own presence here has been a little lackluster as of late.

As for the leadership - personally, I felt like other characters were better suited to go for it, so I stayed in the background - just like Dreamy felt like leaving the lead to the others. I can always chime in and throw my wisdom around, after all.

Sorry Dann. I was getting frustrated with the hemming and hawing of the group, and wanted to try and move things along. I had fully expected one of you to step up and take charge, but no one seems to be wanting to make that jump yet.

Thank you, bud! I remember suspecting from your word choices and timing that it was impatience striking (I'm guilty of that myself). We're only human. =) It would have been much less a surprise for me if it had been brought up in OOC. Talking about things like this go a real long way with me, especially here on a Play-by-Post RPG where we can go back to our exact words (and reminisce the Good Times, moment by moment! I love it!). =)

In Real Life, I'm pretty good with surprises during, say, medical emergencies, but much less so in social settings like video games. Go figure! Part of my feeling very frustrated (as opposed to simply frustrated) certainly stems from my ADHD (which sometimes shows itself in creative ways, other times in the form of hypersensitivity). This, of course, no one can control, so my apologies when I'm overly sensitive - I know everyone here means well! =)

Speaking of players, has anyone had any contact with Epiphany Epiphany Epiphany Epiphany ? I

That's a negative. According to Latest Activity, she was last on Friday. I was hoping she might be up for the leader role as Dreamy looks up to Lady Justice too. =)

D. Rex D. Rex Congrats on the new job, man! That's terrific news!

Last edited:
I have not heard from Epiphany either, but she is not in any of my other games.

As for leadership of the team, I didn't feel comfortable just jumping in and issuing orders, but with our current line up, Luminary can take the reins of trying to heard this bunch of cats around.

Re: Epiphany. Have you guys tried sending a private message and not just pinging her?

Re: Leadership. I figured it would be a little out of place to start issuing orders right out the gate, and I wasn't sure if picking a dedicated leader was something we were actually gonna do. I figure someone will start calling more and more shots as time goes on, but I didn't think we had set on a formalized power structure.
EDIT: This is, funnily enough, pretty much the exact opposite of what happened in the other campaign I'm in. Here, I'm asking if whether we had ever agreed on having a leader. Over there, I suggested the idea. I guess that just shows the difference between Miles and Abdul.

Now, as much as I unironically enjoy "hemming and hawing" I understand if y'all want to keep things moving, and it seems natural to differ to the guy who has the highest preexistent standing in the organization AKA Blue Bolt.

Last edited:
Re: Epiphany. Have you guys tried sending a private message and not just pinging her?
Good suggestion. I just did, and hopefully I'll get a reply from that.

I was just trying to keep the game moving along, so no one would lose interest in the story before I had the chance to even begin the first encounter, let alone the main overriding story arc.

FYI, I PM'd both D. Rex and Epiphany, but so far I have only heard from Rex. He's been super busy with a new job, and has had to focus his attention on that instead of posting. Pips hasn't even read the message I sent her, so I don't know what's going on with her.

Thanks for the update - hopefully, they'll be able to get back aboard eventually.

Dreamy is back in my head (woohoo!) and I have the beginnings of a post in my brain - just need time and opportunity to write it out. Hint: It involves Blue Bolt and Nisha! =)

Pips hasn't even read the message I sent her, so I don't know what's going on with her.
I mean, it hasn't been all that long, has it? You only send the message a few days ago.

So, here's a question. From San Francisco to Sacramento is 87 miles, approximately 140 kilometers. How long would that actually take to traverse? I know Megascale movement is impractical to use in combat, but I was under the impression that you could still travel the whole distance in one phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back