The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

A multipower seems like it might be the best approach, though I could maybe just stick to standard meters. It's not super important to have incredible cross-country skills but it might be fun to have some sort of intercontinental race. Or do the whole infinite mass punch thing, I don't know if that's allowed.
As I said, the MegaScale movement is fine to have, but it is in no way required to get. I do like the idea of a Speedster having a lot of meters of combat movement, so buying your regular move up in the 60+ range is entirely appropriate, if not even faster.
I was also planning to find a way to increasing leaping distance. I'm assuming multipower would be a bad place to add that, since leaping wouldn't be able to take the "Only in Contact with a Surface" and "Cannot Hover" limitations and therefore I couldn't apply them to the cost of the multipower reserve.
True, those Limitations would not work on Leaping, but there are other Limitations that can be applied to make the cost a bit cheaper.
What's the difference between Inobvious and Obvious for the purposes of such "flight"?
It would mean something like you leaving a trail as you fly, or in your case, run. Unless you are referring to using a Focus; then that is a different setup.
How much Regeneration and BODY would be needed for a successful "healing factor" approach to taking hits? I'd still be boosting PD and ED but I think that would be interesting and appropriate.
It depends on how much Defense and Regen you have. I would have at least 20 Pd/20 Ed of Resistant Defense. Any less and you'll end up spending half the fight being Stunned or worse; knocked out. Adding the Regeneration to that will help if you do get a hit, but a high Recovery will go further to keep you in the fight, since it is less likely for you to be taking Body, but not impossible.

In other news, I almost pitched Legion instead of Lady Justice but figured that would be way too complicated to try doing in a ruleset I don't know.

She's a character I've never had the chance to scratch the itch. Her hero name was Effigy and her power was duplication. In her case, not exactly a literal hive mind but reabsorption of duplicates allowed her to reintegrate their memories into hers. Which resulted in her becoming a master of all trades and skills, as she could have a duplicate spend 10 hours a day learning to code, learning to throw a punch, learning how to bake or quilt or repair an engine. She was particularly fond of engineering and being her own construction crew. Her main combat contribution (lacking super strength and durability) was to operate as a Mass Combat unit of glorified extras, as she was very good at improvised weapons, and she was also useful for evacuating citizens and doing damage control in big super hero fights in public.

Still very fond of her, wish I'd been able to play her in a game that lasted more than 2 pages, and I'm delighted to see such symmetry in the Legion concept in this game.

Naturally, this means Legion is actually coopted by our adversary and is a secret antagonist we'll have to unmask and defeat. :D

Naturally, this means Legion is actually coopted by our adversary and is a secret antagonist we'll have to unmask and defeat. :D
Cool beans! We're up for it!

Sherwood Sherwood can I try a KS Alien Races to see if the Dude recognizes Dreamy's species? Or a Reputation roll to see if I've heard of her?

Legion is a write-up of a character I made a while back, set to operate as a squad of lower level heroes working together with teamwork and tactics. It is funny that Epiphany Epiphany would have come up with a similar idea.
Sherwood Sherwood can I try a KS Alien Races to see if the Dude recognizes Dreamy's species? Or a Reputation roll to see if I've heard of her?
Yes, you can roll both.

Heh!

I can't help but draw wonders up from Marvel's Madrox the Multiple Man from the X-men comics. Talk about a guy who was literally in many places at once!

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

In case it is not clear, I have made up Kairissians as a species of people who are more legend than visited. While friendly, they are highly-secretive about the details of their race (number, location, goals, etc.) out of survival. While Dreamy is open, if asked, you'll soon see that she doesn't give out those details any more than the rest of her interstellar people. I have the details of them thought up if you have OOC-related curiosity, too. =)

Ok! Reputation is at an 11-, and my skill roll is a 13- with a +1 to all non-combat skills.
Heh!

I can't help but draw wonders up from Marvel's Madrox the Multiple Man from the X-men comics. Talk about a guy who was literally in many places at once!

Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

In case it is not clear, I have made up Kairissians as a species of people who are more legend than visited. While friendly, they are highly-secretive about the details of their race (number, location, goals, etc.) out of survival. While Dreamy is open, if asked, you'll soon see that she doesn't give out those details any more than the rest of her interstellar people are. I have the details of them thought up if you have OOC-related curiosity, too. =)
Considering this, would there be negatives I need to know about?

I wanted to do the same for the races Luminary is connected with. Sherwood said that Dreamy knows about them, but what and how much? I imagine Dreamy speaking first to The Dude, then Debbie.

I don't mean to make the Kairissians exempt from cosmic knowledge, but I would prefer that humanity knows nothing about them, Dreamy being the very first to visit Earth. Now, Luminary's Dude? That's another story. It might know as much as there is to be known.

Your roll for her Reputation indicates that she is known in the news and other media as someone that claims to be an alien, and is using her money earned in various modeling shoots to give to charity.

The KS Aliens would tell the Dude that yes, Dreamy is an alien, but he doesn't have much information on her race other than to say that they are known as the Kairissians, and that their race is incompatable with the symbiosis that the Melari race use to link with a physical host.
I wanted to do the same for the races Luminary is connected with. Sherwood said that Dreamy knows about them, but what and how much? I imagine Dreamy speaking first to The Dude, then Debbie.

I don't mean to make the Kairissians exempt from cosmic knowledge, but I would prefer that humanity knows nothing about them, Dreamy being the very first to visit Earth. Now, Luminary's Dude? That's another story. It might know as much as there is to be known.
Before I roll for you like I do in other games, do you want me to do that in this game, too?

Are you kidding? As much as I love RP Nation, I trust its dice roller about as far as I can throw it (it has a tendency to be great one moment, and absolutely lousy in the next five or six moments as if getting revenge for its earlier good rolls). PLEASE roll for me. My trust and enjoy-ability lies only in polyhedron dice! 8D

BTW, the offer to have me roll for people with my own dice is open for any that wish it, and not just Dannigan.

Take one look at Sherwood's current Rifts game if you require evidence! =)

Sherwood Sherwood

What do you want Kairissians to know about the Melari? And Dreamy for that matter? I have been wondering the following:
1. Do they communicate via Telepathy?

2. Are Melari and Kairissians on good terms or any terms at all? The Kairissians, being friendly-but-elusive cosmic explorers that enjoy seeking out the mysteries of the universe and helping non-intelligent life, might temporarily ally with like-minded creatures.

3. If Dreamy is given reason to suspect that Debbie has a Melari host, would a Mind Scan deliver information or would Telepathy reveal both minds?

4. What would Dreamy know about Melari goals and habits?

Are you kidding? As much as I love RP Nation, I trust its dice roller about as far as I can throw it (it has a tendency to be great one moment, and absolutely lousy in the next five or six moments as if getting revenge for its earlier good rolls). PLEASE roll for me. My trust and enjoy-ability lies only in polyhedron dice! 8D
I suspected as much, but didn't want to presume.

Dreamy would recognize Luminary as a person that has bonded with an energy being known as a Melari, and they require a physical host in order to survive. This is not a hostile takeover, but instead a friendly merging that provides the Melari with a shell in which to exist, and the host has access to energy manipulation powers that grow and get more powerful the longer the two are linked.

If you were to use your Mind Scan on her, she would register as two separate and distinct minds, and you would have to choose which mind you wish to try to contact/attack.

As far as Luminary's reputation goes, you have been here on Earth long enough to have seen her in the news as a hero, working to stop villain action and save lives.

1. Do they communicate via Telepathy?
Lol You beat me to the punch with a post.

The Melari are able to communicate with their hosts through a mind link, but usually do not have the ability to project their thoughts outwards.
2. Are Melari and Kairissians on good terms or any terms at all? The Kairissians, being friendly-but-elusive cosmic explorers that enjoy seeking out the mysteries of the universe and helping non-intelligent life, might temporarily ally with like-minded creatures.
The Melari are widespread, having lost their homeworld to another alien race that is known as the Xaros. The Melari now try to go out and warn other races about the threat to their worlds from the Xaros, and are generally (but not always) considered to be good natured.
3. If Dreamy is given reason to suspect that Debbie has a Melari host, would a Mind Scan deliver information or would Telepathy reveal both minds?
Answered in my last post.
4. What would Dreamy know about Melari goals and habits?
They are energy beings, and as such they absorb ambient energy to live. The Melari you have met have been focused on keeping other sentient worlds from being overrun by the Xaros, and one day, would like to gather once more as a race in one place instead of being spread out across the stars.

That's good information, but I was really aiming towards the reputation and habits of the Melari? That they require a host and grow to each other's benefit is neat, but does Dreamy, say, understand that if the human host dies (which appears to be the case with Debbie), that the Melari can find a new host - which means this particular Melari might be on its second human host... or its hundredth?

Does the Melari race.... Ah! Thanks. =)

It sounds like the Kairissians would be sympathetic towards the Melari, but since they cannot use Kairissians as a host body, perhaps they would try to help them find other intelligent life, and thus, they mighty be allies of a sort?

While we are on the subject, what do you feel comfortable with Dreamy knowing about the Xaros?

Ah. Okay.

So Melari can't typically make contact with other creatures but they can receive? Is their preferred method of communication direct to them (Telepathy) or through their host (vocally)?

And lastly, do the Melari have any quirks or culture-related things Dreamy might know so she doesn't put both of her feet in her mouth during their conversations?

While we are on the subject, what do you feel comfortable with Dreamy knowing about the Xaros?
The Xaros are a nasty predatory parasitic race that look like bugs the size and shape of a frisbee. They like to attach themselves to the backs of a creature and mind control it through a direct connection, using their hosts abilities and memories to infiltrate a potential target world to take control of important individuals to ease their conquest. Then, once they have seized control, their fleet shows up and begins to mine the planet for both resources and host bodies, taking as much as their ships can carry before moving on, leaving a ruined planet behind. Very nasty things.

Whoa. Totally uncool. Them Xaros need some Colonial Space Marines armed with big guns and with big backpacks (to, you know, prevent the rear-facehugger attack of theirs). =)

Dreamy would like to attempt a Mind Scan on Luminary if that's all right?

So Melari can't typically make contact with other creatures but they can receive? Is their preferred method of communication direct to them (Telepathy) or through their host (vocally)?
The Melari themselves can only communicate through their host unless someone attempts a telepathic connection with them. For most, it is a simple extra step to be able to relay a conversation through a third person, but you have the ability to talk directly to the Melari inside Deborah and leave her out of the loop if you so want. You are also aware that due to their energy form, most Melari have at least a little bit of Mental Defense and are usually tough to target with mental powers.

BTW, the offer to have me roll for people with my own dice is open for any that wish it, and not just Dannigan.

I will cheerfully accept your offer to roll for me. Not because of mistrust of RPN's dice roller but for ease/speed of play. I'm well aware my posting rate isn't, eh, the equal to a couple of the folks in this game. ;) And rather than have a "I post my action, you post what I need to roll, then I roll, then you tell me what happened", I'm all for "I post my action, you tell me how it went." Cuts posts in half and minimizes risk to the pace of play.

I will cheerfully accept your offer to roll for me. Not because of mistrust of RPN's dice roller but for ease/speed of play. I'm well aware my posting rate isn't, eh, the equal to a couple of the folks in this game. ;) And rather than have a "I post my action, you post what I need to roll, then I roll, then you tell me what happened", I'm all for "I post my action, you tell me how it went." Cuts posts in half and minimizes risk to the pace of play.
Absolutely. Not a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread