The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Thanks for those replies, QuickSmasherEXE! I think that Steve and Dreamy share something in common - they seem to be quite ordinary among their own people. Dreamy doesn't stand out at all with her space-faring people and here's Steve, an IT guy, married, kids, father living with them, and living a life in America that might be about to all go upside-down.

As I understand Sherwood's premise, our Characters are invited by some big Avengers-like superteam on the East Coast of the United States to continue the team's work (or at least style of work?) on the West Coast. Complete with federal arrest powers if I have it right. I think that our Characters haven't met yet and, if they are to adventure together, they all have to accept this invitation by more-experienced superheroes. I can easily see some of the Characters thinking, "Why choose me?" But this question might be especially meaningful for the Characters who consider themselves to be not so much superheroes, but gifted people who are just a little different than their non-superpowered counterparts.

I'm looking forward (I've been saying that a lot recently!) to seeing how this whole scene plays out. How our Characters interact. Our similarities and our differences (and I'm seeing a lot of both at the moment!). I'm a fan of the Uncanny X-men (during the Chris Claremont years). Back in 1975, they started out in a similar fashion to how we seem to be starting out - a bunch of people from all over who are gathered to do the greater good by way of invitation of an authority that has been doing just that. The X-men had some seriously big growing pains to deal with back then. Some of them got along well (like Wolverine and Nightcrawler) while others didn't (like Cyclops and Wolverine). It makes me wonder how we'll wind up. =)

I have just realized I am newer to this Champions-Earth than even my Character is.

Sherwood Sherwood I have the Champions 6th Edition book that talks about the different ages in comic book history. What age are we playing in (or are we playing in a combination of ages)? What kind of Earth should we expect? Is it like the X-men series where mutants are feared and hated by many, but the good-hearted still fight to protect humanity? Or is it a world where things are grittier and heavier than the comic books we grew up in? I notice you didn't want any dark vigilantes like Batman or the Punisher (which I appreciate). But what do the superheroes already in this world act like?

I'm not looking for spoilers; just an understanding of the basics. In some comic books, people get killed left and right while in others, only the bad guys die, and yet in others, no one ever dies. I have also not seen a great deal of the Marvel movies made today (I couldn't stand what they did to the X-men during those movies, but the first Avengers movie - the only one I've seen - was a lot fun!).

Sherwood Sherwood Short question: On some character sheets, there are everyman skills listed - should I add those as well? Also, I added a bit of text to the background. Work in progress, I'll edit and add more at some point.

I have just realized I am newer to this Champions-Earth than even my Character is.

Sherwood Sherwood I have the Champions 6th Edition book that talks about the different ages in comic book history. What age are we playing in (or are we playing in a combination of ages)? What kind of Earth should we expect? Is it like the X-men series where mutants are feared and hated by many, but the good-hearted still fight to protect humanity? Or is it a world where things are grittier and heavier than the comic books we grew up in? I notice you didn't want any dark vigilantes like Batman or the Punisher (which I appreciate). But what do the superheroes already in this world act like?

I'm not looking for spoilers; just an understanding of the basics. In some comic books, people get killed left and right while in others, only the bad guys die, and yet in others, no one ever dies. I have also not seen a great deal of the Marvel movies made today (I couldn't stand what they did to the X-men during those movies, but the first Avengers movie - the only one I've seen - was a lot fun!).
In this world, most of the populace has an understanding that there are paranormal people out there and are at least tolerant of that fact. There are some hard core haters of both mutants and aliens, but they are few and far between.

The Force of Justice is the premiere hero team in the United States, with (to most people) a very positive reputation for protecting the country from major supervillain action and alien invasions. They are not typically involved in lower level street crime that is committed by "normal" humans (since the police can handle that), but instead focus more on major events involving paranormal villains that the local police cannot reasonably deal with, or some natural disasters that need the aid, like major earthquake or hurricane cleanup.

It will happen that you will be faced with opponents that will be using lethal force against you, and it is possible that they do take out one of your number. I will never deliberately target someone and try to kill off a player, but if you do something to sacrifice yourself to save the group, or if you pull a truly bone-headed move (against the best advice of both your team and myself), it will happen that you'll be making up a new character.

There are heroes and villains out there that are more powerful than you, ones that could take on your entire party solo and possibly even win. I do not envision throwing such foes at you like that unless you purposely go out and poke the beehive.
Sherwood Sherwood Short question: On some character sheets, there are everyman skills listed - should I add those as well? Also, I added a bit of text to the background. Work in progress, I'll edit and add more at some point.
You can add some Everyman skills. I should make a list of the Modern ones for everyone to be able to add to their sheets. They are all set at a 8- roll, but for basic stuff, you don't need to worry about a roll. It does not take much skill to be able to recover your email from a computer, but if you are looking to hack into government files, that does take the skill roll.

Dreamy is going to be given a whole different list of Everyman Skills, since Dannigan has stated that her race do not use technological devices, and has Complications on her sheet reflecting her ignorance of modern Earth tech. I'll have to work with Dann to come up with an appropriate list for her to keep from singling out a character and effectively punishing them for their background.

In the first post of the character thread, I have added the list of Modern Everyman Skills. I am still going to have to take some time to give Dannigan a list based off of his background.

You know, as a bit of a random thought, the powers and martial arts in this system might make it fun to use for a DBZ themed dice rp.

Ok, our initial post is up for everyone but Quick, since he's still working on his sheet.

Dreamy's perfume-related line is a tip of the hat to the one and only Marilyn Monroe. =)

Edited my in-game post for clarification. =)

Deborah is a bit star struck when Lady Liberty herself flies up next to her, breaking the peace of the night. She angles herself to follow the amazing heroine down to the rooftop with a nod and wave in return. As she sets down and sees The American Spirit, she has to do her best from letting out a pure fangirl squeal of delight. "Uh, hi there. Yes, I'm Luminary, and it is wonderful to meet the two of you. I have to say that I am a big fan!" Deb gulps, realizing that she just gushed like the fangirl that she is. After all, she does have a subscription to PowerBeat Magazine. And to American Hero Magazine. And to . . . well, it doesn't matter how many magazines about superheroes she gets every month. It is time to interact with the heroes in the flesh!

The pitter patter of her heart starts up even more when The American Spirit complements her, calling her pretty! It is such a surprise that Deb almost misses the next part of the conversation where Lady Liberty is basically offering her a job with the Force of Justice! "Oh wow. Did I hear that right? You . . . . want me to work with you and be a part of the Force? That. Is. Awesome!" She takes a few deep breaths, then says, "I guess I should hear some details on what is involved before I just say 'yes'. Who else are you looking at for a member of the west coast team?"
I must confess that I like this response to seeing two very famous heroes in person like that. And I'm going to have to remember to use the PowerBeat and American Hero magazines in the future!

Yeah, with Luminary on the front page someday! 8D

Sherwood Sherwood
Yo boss! You mentioned that Colt has an impressive AI at his base. Would it also be in his suit? Sort of like how Jarvis works for Ironman?
You can be in contact with Failsafe, but it will not be able to give you as much info remotely as it does in person.

Sherwood Sherwood Do any of our characters recognize each other, perhaps by name, reputation, or personal experience?

Sherwood Sherwood Do any of our characters recognize each other, perhaps by name, reputation, or personal experience?
Dreamy has not been given a list of names that might be showing up for the initial orientation, so you don't know anyone involved - yet.

Sherwood Sherwood Gotcha. Dreamy doesn't know anyone involved on the team. Everyone is new to her. I can definitely see that. All right! I will be happy to roleplay her accordingly! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Gotcha. Dreamy doesn't know anyone involved on the team. Everyone is new to her. I can definitely see that. All right! I will be happy to roleplay her accordingly! =)
Should I change me having heard if Lady Justice in my post then? I figured she'd be on the news every now and then given her pr campaign

Dreamy is not as familiar with the reputations of the other players as you are, so Terranaut's reference to her is completely in line with her rep.

Users who are viewing this thread