What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice The Force of Justice - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
Sherwood Sherwood Two questions: Is this White King someone we'd be familiar with, by any chance? And what does the van look like, exactly? Does it have windows? Can one see outside, or inside, respectively? Wondering if obscuring lines of sight would do anything...
Besides that: I have luck 5d6 on my sheet. Obviously, I don't know if that might apply for what comes, but this feels like a good moment to mention it - never know if it might save a life, right?
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
I'm working on a post in my head, so I should have something up soon. Damn writer's block!

Psychie Psychie One thing that helps me with writer's block is my Character Sheet. Take a good look at any of my PC sheets and there's usually an "Inspiration" tab along with background, etc.. I put whatever has inspired me - whatever brings me into the mind of my Character - there so it's easy to find. I used it just last week when I went from Ridge to Dreamy and it worked (once again) like a charm! =)

So where's your inspiration for Luminary? =)
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Sherwood Sherwood Two questions: Is this White King someone we'd be familiar with, by any chance? And what does the van look like, exactly? Does it have windows? Can one see outside, or inside, respectively? Wondering if obscuring lines of sight would do anything...
Besides that: I have luck 5d6 on my sheet. Obviously, I don't know if that might apply for what comes, but this feels like a good moment to mention it - never know if it might save a life, right?
You have no knowledge of who or what this White King is that he's mentioning. It does not strike you as being something supernatural, or else you might have more info on this.

The van has a small window in the back door, but other than that, there are no windows besides the ones in the front cab of the vehicle.

Thank you for remembering the Luck. Go ahead and roll the 5d6. Every '6' you get is a point of luck that I get to figure out some good fortune for you.
 

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
Alrighty, one roll coming up - now I just need to figure out what to do with the split-second of time that Nisha's danger sense bought us...

Aww... no luck to be had. I tried, Dann...
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Well, no Luck came up. But like you said, there is some heads up for you to be able to respond to the pending danger.
 

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
How many of the others are within reach? All four in the back, I'd assume? I could blindly teleport us somewhere, in theory... that always works out well, right?
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Correct. You can reach the prisoner, Dreamy, and the one guard. The two in the front of the van are behind a locked gate, so you can't reach them. You do have memorized teleport landing points; you could use one of them to 'land' at. Or you can go ahead and risk a blind teleport and hope that there is nothing to disrupt your landing.
 

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
Well, the nearest safe teleport would be near the prison since that's where I mentioned it if I'm not mistaken. That'd put both drivers at risk with no gain other than pure survival, think I'd want to do better than that...
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Sherwood Sherwood Dreamy would like to take a telekinetic hold of the van and move it straight upward as far as she can, hopefully out of immediate danger.

I think you mentioned she can lift 40 tons? I'm thinking the van, even if it's armored, is a maximum 5 tons?

Is this O.K.?

Edit: The definition of Telekinesis states that a person cannot use it on something they are on in order to propel themselves. If you will allow it, Dreamy would like to fly with it, using her Cosmic Awareness to make certain that the van doesn't fly to anything.
 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Sherwood Sherwood Dreamy would like to take a telekinetic hold of the van and move it straight upward as far as she can, hopefully out of immediate danger.

I think you mentioned she can lift 40 tons? I'm thinking the van, even if it's armored, is a maximum 5 tons?

Is this O.K.?

Edit: The definition of Telekinesis states that a person cannot use it on something they are on in order to propel themselves. If you will allow it, Dreamy would like to fly with it, using her Cosmic Awareness to make certain that the van doesn't fly to anything.
Yes, you can do that. It will be a bit awkward, since in most occasions that you use your Telekinesis, you are not inside the object you are trying to move. Interesting idea.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Thanks!

I am more confident in Dreamy trying something like this since she has Cosmic Awareness; she'd be pretty blind without it. Hers is a really cool combination of abilities. =)
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Dannigan Dannigan

Ok, so you are going airborne with the van. Cool. How fast are you going up? And is it straight, or are you trying to go up at an angle of some sort? Just want to make sure I don't describe what is going on incorrectly.
 

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
In moments like these, I'd really like to hear the enemies' comms. Great idea, Dann!

Sherwood Sherwood a radius of 8m on my darkness field should be plenty enough to cloak the van in shadows as we rise, right? Could I just do that from within?

Dannigan Dannigan Did I get that correctly that Dreamy doesn't need lines of sight right now?
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Silanon Silanon Thanks, Sil! I was hoping that idea would bear fruit. I would give real money to hear the baddies chat too!

I'm glad Nisha has a Danger Sense or our Characters would have no idea anything was amiss! =)

Re: Spatial Awareness. She rarely does. See her Powers section for Cosmic Sensing: Spatial Awareness and Mind Scan. =)
 
Last edited:

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Psychie Psychie Just a reminder - Luminary is in Dreamy's Mind Link and would probably be receiving the thoughts Nisha and Dreamy have been sending out for everyone (including Blue Bolt). =)
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Thanks for the reminder. Sherwood Sherwood , what is the timelline we are dealing with here? Is this happening at the same moment?
The two scenes are occurring at roughly the same time. Both Chaser and Luminary would have just gotten the word from Nisha and Dreamy that there is something afoot with the prisoner transport, and can either trust those two to be able to get out of dodge on their own, or you can respond in mere moments with your non-combat movement speeds.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Sherwood Sherwood Bud? Chaser didn't take Dreamy's offer to join the mind-link so he's not in there. I get the impression he'll only know something's up if Luminary tells him.
 

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
Just rechecked - barriers would block the darkness if I'm not mistaken. I'm not really sure if I want to open the back door right now...
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Dannigan Dannigan

Ok, so you are going airborne with the van. Cool. How fast are you going up? And is it straight, or are you trying to go up at an angle of some sort? Just want to make sure I don't describe what is going on incorrectly.
I did not see this post until just now (but it's still nice to be able to RP with a smartphone). Sorry!

Since Dreamy can tell what's going on outside of the van with her spatial awareness (I think we determined it was much like Daredevil's Radar Sense?), Dreamy is attempting evasive action while, as quickly as possible, cutting off the line of sight from their enemies by dodging around a building or the like.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
I did not see this post until just now (but it's still nice to be able to RP with a smartphone). Sorry!

Since Dreamy can tell what's going on outside of the van with her spatial awareness (I think we determined it was much like Daredevil's Radar Sense?), Dreamy is attempting evasive action while, as quickly as possible, cutting off the line of sight from their enemies by dodging around a building or the like.
No worries. You can move the van to evade groundfire from its current position by swooping around one of the downtown buildings. Now we just need to see if the shooters can chase you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top