The Force of Justice - IC Thread

Dreamy looks to the spot where she last saw Nisha, then to the Carbonites rushing about with their new and sudden resolve. With a soft look filled with uncertainty, the cosmic explorer purses her lips into an expression resembling a pout. Then with a shake of her fiery head she says, "I think... Nisha... oopsed?"

Then her Kairissian mind reminds her that the answer to her own question is easily enough found through the mind-link she created and shares with the Force of Justice. Though she has no need to breathe, she gasps and surprise anyway and mentally reaches out to her sorcerous friend.

"Nisha! What has become of you? Are you hurt?"

Looking to their self-appointed leader, she wheels to Blue Bolt, "Once the Carbonites flee, they may escape in multiple directions making it near-impossible for us to track them all down. What should we do, sir?"

Last edited:
"Nisha! What has become of you? Are you hurt?"
"Don't. Even. Ask." Nisha's voice, heard through the mind-link, seems to promise a slow and painful death; one can't tell whom she has in mind, of course, but they probably work in the wringer industry. Bloody hell - who puts something like that right there? Not that it matters. Thus far, this is a spectacular failure, and there's only so much time to get it right. For a second, she shares her own vision with the others - making sure that the wringer is nowhere in sight, obviously.

"But I'm fine." Kind of. Even though it feels a bit like she just teleported into a hornets' nest. "Better stop those outside, I'd say." She gives another overview over the scene - from a slightly lower position than usual, given her recent encounter with wringer and door - and then retreats her mind from the connection as soon as the runes of her chain begin to glow. With hasty movements, she begins to form symbols in the air, trying to summon a cloud of darkness both as cover, and to add to the confusion around her.

Looking to their self-appointed leader, she wheels to Blue Bolt, "Once the Carbonites flee, they may escape in multiple directions making it near-impossible for us to track them all down. What should we do, sir?"
Blue Bolt frowns, then says, "We need to move out. Luminary and Chaser, go and disable those trucks and keep them from running. After that, head into the warehouse to see what support is needed in there. Dreamy, we need to get to Dawn. Do you have any objections to teleporting in with me? Its either that or you can use your mental powers from out here."

Blue Bolt frowns, then says, "We need to move out. Luminary and Chaser, go and disable those trucks and keep them from running. After that, head into the warehouse to see what support is needed in there. Dreamy, we need to get to Dawn. Do you have any objections to teleporting in with me? Its either that or you can use your mental powers from out here."
"Teleport away!" the Kairissian swimsuit model bounces in joy. That is, until another thought comes across her innocent alien's mind. "Um, we're not going to wind up like Nisha, are we?"

Luminary flashes a grin. "Don't worry; we will take care of the trucks and the schmucks out here, then head inside to support our rescue of Nisha. C'mon, Chaser! Lets do this!"

She takes to the air, flying rapidly towards the loading dock, powering up her force field and getting ready to punch some holes in the engines of the trucks.

Chaser had been trying to concoct his own way to sneak in when the guards entered a state of high alarm. That was probably a cause for concern. Among his colleagues there was some questioning, some answering, some planning- but given he didn't like the plan, he decided to ignore it. If Nisha's "oops" has put her in any real danger, he didn't want to spend any more time waiting on silly things like details or having an actual gameplan. "Y'all go ahead and smash their rides without me, I'm goin' in!"

The speedster zoomed towards the front door of the warehouse, trying to sweep the legs out from under an armed guard that was along his path.

With his hand extended to Dreamy, Blue Bolt gives her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry; this may feel a little odd, but its completely safe." Once he has a firm grip on you, he vanishes in a flash of light to reappear inside the warehouse, roughly fifteen feet away from where Nisha is glaring death at the mop bucket that has successfully given away her position.

Outside the building, Luminary takes to the air and has a good line of sight on the engines of the three trucks that are currently waiting to be fully filled up and set out. Moments after she takes to the air, Chaser manages to send two of the guards flying in a pile and now is standing at the outer edge of the warehouse.

At this point, only Luminary is outside the warehouse, and everyone inside can clearly see the gunmen and the cyborgs in the center of the room that are now focused on the sudden arrival of Blue Bolt and Dreamy.

Moving on to Phase 12, where Chaser has the Initiative.

A reminder that there is six men and women in armor and carrying heavy weapons, along with two cyborgs.

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE is up. You are easily within a half move of any of the targets inside where you can make a move then attack.

Chaser made a quick survey of the room and decided the armed guards were the best to go after- he wasn't really all that used to fighting cyborgs, so he'd maybe deal with them later. The grind starts will goals you know you can achieve, after all. He set his sights on the farthest of such foes that is not directly in front of the office door and attempts a Martial Disarm against them, then calls over to Nisha. "How's bein' 'aware of the risks' goin' for ya?"

Last edited:
If you run past Nisha, you'll end up in the small room she teleported into. there is plenty of room to be able to do a Martial Disarm on one of the gunmen and still keep your maneuverability up for your DCV.

Do you still want to do that, or do you wish to stay in the main room? Either way, go ahead and give me a 3d6 roll to hit your target, then we roll your disarm attempt.

Edit looks fine. Go ahead and give me a 3d6 roll for your to-hit.

You successfully grabbed the weapon, now roll 5d6 for your Disarm attempt.

With a shouted curse and the loud clatter of the rifle hitting the floor, Gunman 1 is now missing his rifle.

Phase 12, initiative 26; Psychie Psychie is up with Luminary outside

Luminary soars overhead, leveling a glowing hand at the first of the three big trucks and then unleashes a deadly blast at its engine, hoping to disable the vehicles before they can leave.

At a guess, I will say that a '7' hits the engine, and I do 21 Body to it.

With a focused blast of light energy, Luminary manages to punch a hole through the engine of truck #1, crippling it. It won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Inside the warehouse, Blue Blot says through the mind link, Watch your eyes! With that, he raises up his hand and from his fingertips a bright flash of light shoots out and detonates in the middle of the gunmen with a bright flash and a loud clap of thunder. The combination of the sight and sound Flash stuns the gunmen, making them vulnerable, but the two cyborgs do not seem to be as disoriented as the 'regular' humans are.

Phase 12, initiative 18. Both Silanon Silanon and Dannigan Dannigan are up.

Playfully bopping along to some inside song, Dreamy raises her head after shielding her eyes and surveys the situation with the eyes of a scientist and the heart of a dreamer. Dreamy notices her fellow Carbonites, their leader included, made no attempts at parleying with the wrongdoing Carbonites. Nor was any request for surrender made. They simply attacked. The floating Kairissian thinks that if these particular enemies are so far past redemption as to require this kind of aggressive approach, then they were certainly deserving of Dreamy's natural Kairissian-born methods of dealing with "mean" people. These Carbonites are now a threat and considered belligerent, but in Dreamy's naivety, she doesn't consider that the Carbonites might attempt to take their lives. And so, the thought of Recycling them does not enter her mind although somewhere in the back of it, the memory of "her boy's" strong suggestion of not Recycling remains.

Cyborgs! What were these creatures? They seemed like Carbonites who had replaced parts of themselves with non-organic material for... improvements of some kind? Metal was certainly stronger and more durable than flesh, sinew, and bone. They also were on the list of enemies threatening her friends.

"Hey!" Dreamy waves to the toughest-looking of the cyborgs. "Since you won't be nice and surrender, I must ask you... are you as tough on the inside as you seem to be on the outside?"

As if finding out for herself, Dreamy narrows her eyes and sends a full-strength Mental Blast at the mind of the metal-enhanced Carbonite.

To save you the trouble of looking it up if you needed to. =)
3 / Mental Blast 6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 End; +1/4) (75 Active Points) / 5f

The mental blast hits the cyborg, and you can feel that the attack does affect him, but his mind is not as open to you as a 'normal' human, and not only is it harder to hit him, but he is not as hurt as badly as you would have expected.

Silanon Silanon is up with Dawn, still phase 12 initiative 18

"How's bein' 'aware of the risks' goin' for ya?"
Nisha's sole response to those words is an angry glare that might be almost as deadly as her magic; only Blue Bolt's flashy intervention prevents worse. Well, not really. But witty comments are certainly amongst the last things she needs right now. Indeed, what she needs is not anger, or snarky remarks - it's focus. For Chaser, this might be child's play. Her magic isn't. It's just as dark as dangerous. For others as much as for her if she isn't in control. And so her mind retreats from the anger. From the danger. Finds the place where there's only runes, and words, and power; and dives right into it. The chains around her arm gleam brightly, as if to compensate for the gathering darkness all around her - and then the spell snaps into place. It's not a precise stream of magic. It's a wide blast, barely focused enough to be under control. Aimed right at the stunned gunmen to take full advantage of their predicament. It's dark, and cold, and grim like her temper.

Could you take care of the rolling, please? I don't trust these dice after recent results... thanks!

The blast is aimed at four of the regular gunmen:
7 / Area of Effect Blast: Blast 10d6, Area of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/4) (75 Active Points) / 3f
Power skill is at 14- - I can't move the two overall skill levels from stealth to power, can I? It'd be 16- otherwise.

Sorry I didn't see the alert on this.

Silanon Silanon
Unless you'd like me to roll for you, please give me a 3d6 roll to hit a DCV of 3 for the AoE attack, then go ahead and tack on the 10d6 attack roll.

The four that Nisha targets with her spell all let out a startled yell, and all four of them stumble to their knees from the sudden pain that hits them. (The attack didn't knock them out, but it did exceed their CON, so they all lose their action this phase. Good rolling!)

The two cyborgs both dive off to either side to try and keep from getting targeted in a bunch like that themselves, and one of them can be heard snarling out, "Damn freakin' mutants! Kill them!" They both then target Blue Bolt with an energy beam that comes from their weapon-arms, but they are still dazzled by the flash attack that he unleashed a moment ago, and their shots go wide.

The other two gunmen raise up their chainguns and begin a spray-and-pray attack, firing off rounds wildly in your direction, but their aim is so bad right now from being flashed that they both miss their marks.

End of the round, everyone gets their Recovery for Endurance spent.

New round begins. Dex 26, Phase 2. Psychie Psychie is up with Luminary outside,
and QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE acts first inside the warehouse.

Being out of the mental-link loop didn't leave Chaser with advanced warning of Blue Bolt's flash, but had the speed to notice and cover his eyes in time*.

"Sheesh," he mutters at the ongoing chaos, arcane blasts and mental attacks and this and that and such. "Y'all don't have to be so-"
The other two gunmen raise up their chainguns and begin a spray-and-pray attack
The wildly spraying bullets didn't exactly add to the atmosphere either. Probably a good idea to do something about that.

Chaser rushes towards the two gunmen and swung his leg out as he slid past, stopping just past the furthest one, hoping to sweep them off their feet.

*- I can roll for covering his eyes in the future if y'all'd rather

Rolling for Leg Sweep against two targets.

OCV: 8 +2 (from leg sweep) -2 (from multiple targets) => 8

Rolling 2 sets of 3d6 for hit. Ignore the 4th one, that was an accident.

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE You are able to connect with each person, so go ahead and give me a 5d6 roll for each one to try and knock their weapons aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back