The Force of Justice - IC Thread

The four missiles manage to bracket you and explode. Rolling damage for a Killing Attack.

Total damage is 14 Body, and 42 Stun physical Killing.

Luminary is up once more

Initiative 24, phase 4
Psychie Psychie

Turn 1
Luminary - 24
Nisha - 18
Dreamy - 18 - will arrive at the beginning of turn 3
14 - Gunmen

The four missiles manage to bracket you and explode. Rolling damage for a Killing Attack.

Total damage is 14 Body, and 42 Stun physical Killing.
No Body gets through, but I do take 17 Stun from that.

Luminary is irritated that she got tagged, and decides to return the favor with a full strength energy blast at the suit.

11 OCV, doing 14 Body and 50 Stun if I hit

The suit is heavy, so it only takes 8m of knockback. Go ahead and roll another 8d6. Probably won't penetrate its defense, but you can give it a shot.

The suit is blown back eight meters and crashes into a brick wall, but the operator is still moving and it is climbing up to its feet once more.

Dex 18, phase 4
Purr Purr and Silanon Silanon are both up

Turn 1
Luminary - 24
Nisha - 18
14 - Gunmen

"Doubt they'll just concede their point. Begs the question how we're going to end this. Maybe shake them a little more?"

Dreamy dodges past light posts and electrical wires that make a city a city as she speeds towards the fray. A natural multi-tasker, she responds to Nisha's thought while using her Kairissian Mind Link for what it was meant for - communication! =)

"These... pawns of the White King and his... Genocide are Carbonites. Earth-people. I feel I should trust their fate to you, my teammates, for we Kairissians don't have interspecies problems like this!" With this came the brief but intense image-memory of Dreamy, somewhere floating in starry space, hugging two more people who looked a great deal like her - enough to possibly share lineage with. There is the equally-brief emotional sensation of complete peace, warm care, and absolute love between Dreamy and her fellow Kairissians.

Luminary is irritated that she got tagged,

Then Dreamy remembers that this is not the best time for such sensations - however cosmic and wonderful - and returns in her focus to the combat at hand. "Luminary, you appear to be... um... annoyed? Let's use my Mind Link like Kairissians do - for teamwork! What is your trouble and how might I help you with it?"

In her heart, Dreamy wishes Chaser were here to share this experience with them though she comes to the conclusion that she should respect the choices of the reclusive yet comfortable-with-himself Force of Justice. Blue Bolt too appears to be quiet though he be the veteran of their West Coast team.

Stars glow as they should, Dreamy thinks, and each to their own brand of light. So too is it with Carbonites, she decides, as she continues to zoom toward the battle.

Luminary keeps her eyes on the figure in the armored suit and sends the thought, "Damn right I'm upset! Some jackass in a suit of battle armor jumped out of the back of the truck and shot me with some missiles! Dawn! Dreamy! Watch yourselves! I have a feeling that this thing is going to be a tough fight!"

Silently, Dreamy tries to find the individual Carbonite mind inside that suit of power armor.

With Dreamy's mind scan, you are able to get an Ego +20 level of effect, but just barely. This particular Carbonite either has a very strong mind, or has some sort of mental defense up, making it harder to get contact.

Silanon Silanon is up with Nisha. What do you do?

Dex 18, phase 4

Turn 1
Luminary - 24
Nisha - 18
14 - Gunmen

Dawn! Dreamy! Watch yourselves! I have a feeling that this thing is going to be a tough fight!"
"He certainly looks the part." With the words, Dawn shares her vision of him as well, then her mind seems to retreat for a moment; focused on old wisdom, on gestures and words, and on the foe down there, still in the game despite the mighty hit. Well, there's more in store for him, and his kind...

A swirl of shadowy magic forms around Nisha's right hand, then shoots off towards the threat below; more movements reinforce the dark cloud around the van, feeding it with energy to keep those within out of the fight.

OOC: Let's do the full-strength blast thing - lemme know if I missed a roll! OCV is 8, skill test is 14-. If Ithe blast hits, that's 51 stun, and 13 body.

The surprise attack from an unexpected source catches the armored suit pilot off guard, and Nisha's blast catches it square in the chest. It makes the suit stumble back a few steps, and you can see that the external armor of the thing is damaged, marking that your attack did do something to it.

On phase 5, nobody acts, so we move onto phase 6, dex 24.

Psychie Psychie you are up once more

Turn 1
Luminary - 24
Nisha - 18
14 - Gunmen

Luminary will try another blast on the armored figure. OCV of 11, doing 15d6 if I hit.

16 Body, 59 Stun if I hit

The energy blast hits the armored suit, causing the pilot to stumble, but your opponent is still on his feet, even as you continue to pour on the hurt.

Purr Purr and Silanon Silanon are up

Turn 1, phase six, dex 18
Luminary - 24
Nisha - 18
14 - Gunmen

"Guess that's some kind of progress, even if it isn't much." Once more, Nisha shares her view of the battle; and once again, her mind retreats from the connection right after. More words, more gestures - more of the same, really. No point in changing what seemingly made an impact. Another blast of darkness leaves her position, swirls around to hopefully hit the foe.

Only 16 to hit, 54 stun and 13 stun body if I'm not mistaken.

Across her Mind Link, Dreamy sends a feeling of thanks to Luminary and Nisha for their information as the beautiful Kairissian would be at more of a disadvantage without it.

She thinks about the Carbonite in the armored shell and sends across her Mind Link. "Shining stars, if only these Carbonites would play nice and not be mean, we wouldn't have to do this."

Dreamy sends a fierce but hateless Mental Blast into the brain of the heavily-armored Carbonite. Without inhibition, Dreamy shares what she would say to the Carbonite were she within speaking range of him:

"Sorry about this, but as your saying goes - you asked for it!"

The one-two punch from Nisha and Dreamy hit the figure in the powered suit hard, causing the operator to stumble and finally fall down face first on the pavement. The figure inside has been knocked out, but just barely.

At this point, we are going to move out of combat time.

Dreamy is rapidly approaching, and still has the truck suspended up in the air upside down, keeping the gunmen inside and the driver disoriented as she spins the vehicle around.

What do you do now?

"If you can't be talked into playing nice, then you get to sleep a little longer," Dreamy declares over her Mind Link to the unconscious armored warrior. She launches another Mental Blast at him while hoping his dreams are peaceful and less hateful.

"Nisha? Luminary? Dude? Should we do the same thing to the Carbonites inside the car?" The Kairissian points to the van.

While this decision is being made, her ever-rapid mind thinks back to Chaser who was not in their Mind Link. Dreamy reaches under her hair for the fireproof neck-pouch that contains her few belongings. With practiced ease, she produces her smartphone.

Activating it, she then dials, hoping she has correctly deduced how to call Chaser (for people with eidetic memories were no less prone to making mistakes!).

"Um, hello?" Dreamy holds the phone in both hands and stares. What was it he liked to be called?

"This is Dreamy. Is My Boy there?"
QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE

Chaser had just finished his questions for Rebecca when he got a phone call. "Oh come- I'm sorry kid. This is one of my, uh, hero friends. It could be important so I gotta take it." He answered using bluetooth.

"This is Dreamy. Is My Boy there?"
Chaser laughed without moving his eyes. "Yeah, this is ya boy. What's up? Er, what's going on over there?"

Dreamy looks upward, her sharp blue eyes gazing toward the twinkling stars far beyond Earth's atmosphere. She can easily see in her mind's eye the beauty of the cosmos. A moment later, she recalls "what's up" is a American Carbonite query regarding one's state or situation.

"Right!"

Chaser might notice Dreamy is holding her FoJ smartphone at about where his head would be if they were speaking in person. Dreamy answers. "We are in the process of preparing our remaining enemies for incarceration."

She turns the camera so that the sight of the slowly tumbling van being held in midair can be easily behind her. Included in the shot are the downed armored trooper, along with Luminary and Nisha.

"Nisha! Luminary! Dude! Wave 'hi' to Chaaaserrr! Hiii!!" Dreamy smiles. "I remembered what you said, Chaser - no one was Recycled!"

Then she turns her head to face her teammates, her fiery hair flowing as she does. "The Sacramento incarceration station is a short distance away! Should we deliver these law-breaking Carbonites to Sacramento law enforcement officers now? Or should we relieve them of their consciousnesses first?"

She turns the camera so that the sight of the slowly tumbling van being held in midair can be easily behind her. Included in the shot are the downed armored trooper, along with Luminary and Nisha.

"Nisha! Luminary! Dude! Wave 'hi' to Chaaaserrr! Hiii!!" Dreamy smiles. "I remembered what you said, Chaser - no one was Recycled!"
The speeder gawked at the floating truck. What the fffffffff- He snapped out of it just in time to respond. "Yo, sick! ...that means pretty cool. Good. Uh...do you guys use...tone or something?"

"Or should we relieve them of their consciousnesses first?"
"Wait what?"

"What's tone?" Dreamy glances at the van. "I'm doing that," she says quietly but proudly.

"Wait what?"

"Um, when you knock someone out, you make them unconscious, right? Therefore we have to take away their consciousness... in order for them to be... unconscious." Dreamy fidgets and it looks cute.

"It sounded better in my head."

Users who are viewing this thread