What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Force of Justice - IC Thread

Dice System
Custom
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
In one moment, Nisha simply listens. Tries to match the words with what they know, eyes focused on a random spot filled with nothing but thin air.

In the next, her muscles tense up without prior warning, her head turns suddenly towards the window in the back. Not like there's answers to be found, likely; but it's pretty much the only direction where anything can be seen at all.

"Something's amiss." Her voice is sharp, on edge, wary; she interrupts the discussion without hesitation. And it's more than just words. It's a thought as well, ringing out to connected minds. Dreamy, right there. Others, farther away. A warning, for them, that whoever is at fault seems to make a move. Now. Not good. Not good at all.

It'd be easy to escape, of course. Teleport out. Survive. Could even bring those nearby with her. And then? The two drivers, left to their fate. Nothing new, just back to where they just came from. She can do better, right? She's not alone, this time. The League wasn't founded to run away, was it? So Nisha acts instead. Tries to grab Harry by his shoulder, pull him towards her. He's the target, she reckons. Better to keep him safe. Best to have him nearby, then. She whispers words. Shadows gather from nowhere, begin to surround her like a protective shell. All thoughts to avoid attracting attention - forgotten. Only three other people here. All of them might rely on her to survive. Fine by her. That is why she studied page after page, right? Right.

She takes a deep breath. Then she braces herself for an impact - or whatever else might ruin this fine day.

So - I'd like Nisha to warn the others, pull Harry towards her, and activate her defenses; Mystic Force Field. In that order of priority. I have no clue how much of that is possible, but you'll probably let me know, right?
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Silanon Silanon Dannigan Dannigan

Thanks to the warning given by Nisha, you can both have your full defenses up. Also, if there is any action you wish to declare before the danger hits, feel free to do so.


Psychie Psychie QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE

Rebecca's parents let the two of you go, and you are both thankful to get away from the tensions that are rising between the two of them. You are escorted to a small library with Rebecca and her dog, and she promptly sits down across from the two of you, looking somewhat awed. She says, "You are Chaser, right? And you, you are Luminary! I've seen the two of you in the news. If this wasn't such a horrible day, this would be totally awesome."
She idly scratches at the dog's head as she looks between the two of you, all the while the dog has its tongue lolled out of its mouth and tail is wagging. Rebecca then says, "Are my parents upset with me? If I did something wrong, I promise that I didn't mean to."
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
"Something's amiss." Her voice is sharp, on edge, wary; she interrupts the discussion without hesitation. And it's more than just words. It's a thought as well, ringing out to connected minds. Dreamy, right there. Others, farther away. A warning, for them, that whoever is at fault seems to make a move. Now. Not good. Not good at all.
"Okay," Dreamy sends across her mind link, "if you say we are in danger, we'd better do something about it. Maybe... this?"

"Neutron Dance" by the Pointer Sisters
Partial lyrics from genius.com
"I know there's a pot of gold for me
All I got to do is just believe
Oh, I'm so happy doin' the neutron dance
And I'm just burnin' doin' the neutron dance
I'm so happy doin' the neutron dance (It's in my hands)
I'm just burnin' doin' the neutron dance (It's in my feet)"

Dreamy looks to Nisha, nods in trust and understanding, and turns back to Harry, her comforting hand on his shoulder opposite Nisha's. She gives Harry a reassuring smile and she means it. "Looks like you were right, Harry. We should go."

Carbonites, Dreamy noticed, being land-bound creatures, often lived in two-dimensional thinking. Many of them didn't even bother looking up when they went outside. Being natural fliers through space, Kairissians naturally saw the universe in three dimensions. It was time to act on that.

Preferring to use her intellect and reason to solve troubles, Dreamy looks all about them as if the van was transparent. Releasing Harry to Nisha's protection (though she really has little idea what Nisha has just done), the cosmic explorer floats off of the seat, her fiery hair hovering beautifully about her. Then the van begins to move - not on its wheels - but by way of another force entirely and the van travels up up and away from the street, hurtling skyward!

"How's this, Nisha?"

"Um, driver?" She calls out to the Carbonite at the wheel. "Which way to wherever we're going, please?"
 
Last edited:

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Rebecca's parents let the two of you go, and you are both thankful to get away from the tensions that are rising between the two of them. You are escorted to a small library with Rebecca and her dog, and she promptly sits down across from the two of you, looking somewhat awed. She says, "You are Chaser, right? And you, you are Luminary! I've seen the two of you in the news. If this wasn't such a horrible day, this would be totally awesome."
She idly scratches at the dog's head as she looks between the two of you, all the while the dog has its tongue lolled out of its mouth and tail is wagging. Rebecca then says, "Are my parents upset with me? If I did something wrong, I promise that I didn't mean to."
Deborah nods, with a smile. "That's right! Yes, I am Luminary, and this is my friend, Chaser. We're with the Force of Justice, and your dad asked us to come and be here after what happened." Looking at the dog, she holds out her hand to let the animal sniff her fingers. "You have a beautiful puppers there. Kind of reminds me of my own dog, Champ. What's his name?" Assuming that the dog is agreeable to it, Deb rubs his head between his ears.

She says quite firmly, "Now, the first thing I have to say to you is that you did absolutely nothing wrong. Get any other thought out of your head. Some bad people tried to grab you, and you did what you had to in order to protect yourself. Don't let any guilt get you down. Are we good? Do you understand?" Deb leans back in her seat, then says, "My next question is a little more . . . delicate. How long have you been able to talk to animals the way you do? Can you tell me about it? Just think, if there is anyone that can relate to what you can do, its me and Chaser here."
 

QuickSmasherEXE

Less is More
"You are Chaser, right? And you, you are Luminary! I've seen the two of you in the news. If this wasn't such a horrible day, this would be totally awesome."
Chaser couldn't help but grin. He met the girl's inquiry with an affirmative nod and a thumbs up. It made him feel a bit better about getting pulled away from the talk the governor and his wife were having. It might not have been tactful to drop on, but oh, to be a fly on that wall-

The speedster took a seat after everyone else. His posture was rigid and his feet moved back and forth restlessly. When Luminary finished her question, he spoke up in a casual tone. "No need to 'delicate' with your answer or anything. Just tell us whatever you feel like the way you feel like telling it."
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
"Okay," Dreamy sends across her mind link, "if you say we are in danger, we'd better do something about it. Maybe... this?"

"Neutron Dance" by the Pointer Sisters
Partial lyrics from genius.com
"I know there's a pot of gold for me
All I got to do is just believe
Oh, I'm so happy doin' the neutron dance
And I'm just burnin' doin' the neutron dance
I'm so happy doin' the neutron dance (It's in my hands)
I'm just burnin' doin' the neutron dance (It's in my feet)"

Dreamy looks to Nisha, nods in trust and understanding, and turns back to Harry, her comforting hand on his shoulder opposite Nisha's. She gives Harry a reassuring smile and she means it. "Looks like you were right, Harry. We should go."

Carbonites, Dreamy noticed, being land-bound creatures, often lived in two-dimensional thinking. Many of them didn't even bother looking up when they went outside. Being natural fliers through space, Kairissians naturally saw the universe in three dimensions. It was time to act on that.

Preferring to use her intellect and reason to solve troubles, Dreamy looks all about them as if the van was transparent. Releasing Harry to Nisha's protection (though she really has little idea what Nisha has just done), the cosmic explorer floats off of the seat, her fiery hair hovering beautifully about her. Then the van begins to move - not on its wheels - but by way of another force entirely and the van travels up up and away from the street, hurtling skyward!

"How's this, Nisha?"

"Um, driver?" She calls out to the Carbonite at the wheel. "Which way to wherever we're going, please?"
When Dreamy kicks in her telekinesis and boosts up into the air, the armored prisoner transport wobbles a bit before launching itself up into the air. The driver lets out a startled yelp as he clutches the steering wheel and reflexively stomps on the brakes, trying to stop what he initially thinks is a out-of-control vehicle. Then, after Dreamy asks which way to go, he says, "Jesus, lady! Give a guy a bit of warning next time! I damn near shit my pants from that!" He quickly calms down, then says, "Uh, from here, angle to the southwest just a bit. We're almost at the courthouse. Then you can set us down and I'll drive us into the prisoner transfer gate. Um, I mean, please. Ma'am."

It is only moments after he says that where the armored underside of the van is hit by something that makes the whole van shudder, and a bright flash of light fills the interior from the front windows. Harry lets out a startled cry and says, "Oh, God! They're here for me! Please don't let them kill me!"

As this is going on, the man in the shotgun position of the van is grabbing for the radio and begins calling out that you are being shot at by some kind of missiles. The armor of the van was good enough to keep the worst of the damage away, but the undercarriage has been messed up, and Dreamy does not have enough knowledge of Carbonite ground vehicles to know how bad it is.

What do you two do now?

Silanon Silanon Dannigan Dannigan
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
When Dreamy sends out the mental message about them possibly being in danger, it makes Deb pause. "Hold on, Chaser. We may have a situation here. There may be something going on with the others escorting the prisoner." "Dreamy, Nisha, what is your status? Do you need assistance?"

Dannigan Dannigan Silanon Silanon
 

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
"Everyone alright?"

Nisha shouts the question, then barely whispers the following words: "You stay right where you are. It'll be alright. Just a little dark, and quiet, but that's us, not them." With that, she presses Harry down into his seat, then hurries towards the back of the van. Pushes the door there open as one hand already produces a vial from her belt, made of fine glass and filled with distilled, pure darkness. Prepared for moments just like this one; hand and teeth remove the cork in a combined effort, opening the path for the magic within. It rushes out, like a cloud of floating, black ink, words redirect it to surround the van the best she can manage. The streaks of shadows swallow light and sound, take away vision with ease. Not hers, of course. She hears. She sees. She thinks, and that, at least, she can share. "Should make it harder to hit us. Good thinking, Dreamy. Hope this'll help." Her eyes try to discern the troublemakers. "Maybe spin us around a little, figure out where they're shooting from. If you can." The Starborn just lifted them into the air pretty much blindly, Without a second thought. But the few days together aren't enough to know each others' limits.

"We're in a floating van, under heavy fire." Her own perception of the missile hit; her vision of the surrounding right now. She tries to send both through the mindlink, as pictures say more than words. "They're prepared, so be wary. We're working on an escape."
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Silanon Silanon and Dannigan Dannigan

When Dreamy takes the van to the air and uses her Spatial Awareness to look around while Nisha cracks open the back door to look out, the two of you can see that the van is flying over an intersection that has what looks to be a three car crash in it, blocking the road. The appearance of five people in body armor and packing weapons piling out of one of the vehicles there show that this road block is most likely staged to slow you down.

At the moment, it does not look like the five have any superior movement ability as seen by the fact that Dreamy's flight is taking you away from them faster than they can follow on foot. When she turns the corner and goes out of sight, the five can be seen running back to their own panel truck to either pursue you or to get away from the expected police response.

[making a quick Perception roll for Nisha since you have been asking me to roll for you....]

Before flying around the corner, Nisha notices that the five people are not lightly armed. Three have some kind of minigun, one looks like he's packing a grenade launcher, and the last one has a strange looking energy weapon of some kind. Also, they are all wearing what looks to be heavy armor, much more then a Kevlar vest. These are not the average 'run of the mill' thugs.

According to the driver, the courthouse is not far from here, and at this speed, you will be there very soon.

If you continue to send some updates through Dreamy's group mind link, then Psychie Psychie with Luminary is aware of the five armed men, and you can share that info with QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE and Chaser.

At this point, it is not clear if the purpose of this attack was to rescue Harvey or to kill him. Either option is quite valid still.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
With the psychic feed coming through the mind link, Deb frowns. "Chaser, we need to go. There is a situation with the others, and they may need our help. They have several armed men trying to shoot them up, and I have a feeling that there may be more trouble in our future." Turning her attention to the young girl, she says, "Don't worry. We are going to get to the bottom of all this, and won't let anyone hurt you or your family. In the meantime, keep your eyes open, and listen to your security people. They are here to protect you."

Standing up, she heads for the door, sending the thought through the mind link, Chaser and I are on our way. Hang in there!
 

QuickSmasherEXE

Less is More
"Hold on, Chaser. We may have a situation here. There may be something going on with the others escorting the prisoner."
With the psychic feed coming through the mind link, Deb frowns.
Chaser was about to speak about something else when the message came through- he shut his mouth and eyed Luminary curiously while he was "on the phone".

"Chaser, we need to go. There is a situation with the others, and they may need our help. They have several armed men trying to shoot them up, and I have a feeling that there may be more trouble in our future." Turning her attention to the young girl, she says, "Don't worry. We are going to get to the bottom of all this, and won't let anyone hurt you or your family. In the meantime, keep your eyes open, and listen to your security people. They are here to protect you."

Standing up, she heads for the door, sending the thought through the mind link, Chaser and I are on our way. Hang in there!
"Huh? What? But I was just thinking of questions I was gonna ask!" The speedster stood up and looked between Rebecca and the leaving Luminary. "Hey- are we just gonna leave her here?"

It looked like the answer was yes. Miles drug his hand down his face and turned to the girl. "Well, alright kid, guess I'll see ya later. I'll probably be setting up a livestream in a couple minutes, so, you know-" He backed towards the door and shrugged. "Be sure to check that out."
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Then, after Dreamy asks which way to go, he says, "Jesus, lady! Give a guy a bit of warning next time! I damn near shit my pants from that!"

Dreamy grimaces, "Sorry! No time!"

He quickly calms down, then says, "Uh, from here, angle to the southwest just a bit. We're almost at the courthouse. Then you can set us down and I'll drive us into the prisoner transfer gate. Um, I mean, please. Ma'am."

"Okay!" There was sunlight outside, so Dreamy took a moment to recall the time of day and to see where Earth's star was in relation to the planet and their location on it. The cosmic explorer reminds herself that the star turns over the Western horizon and by altering their course a little to the left, one can travel in a roughly-southwesterly direction. Making this course correction, Dreamy allows herself a little smile.

Harry lets out a startled cry and says, "Oh, God! They're here for me! Please don't let them kill me!"

Dreamy's tone is encouraging and relaxed. "Try not to worry, Harry!" She said as she guided the van and its occupants along. "We will get you to safety. Have faith!"

Standing up, she heads for the door, sending the thought through the mind link, Chaser and I are on our way. Hang in there!

As Dreamy flies along, she reaches for the nearest part of the van that she can close her hand around and grasps it firmly. "Hanging!" she replies. Dreamy wonders for the reason behind Luminary's odd request, reminding herself that there's a lot about Earth and its inhabitants she has yet to learn.

As they lose line-of-sight from their attackers, Dreamy continues following the driver's directions. Over her mind link, she sends images and words to Luminary and the others, including Blue Bolt.

"Um, I believe we are out of danger now. Five Carbonites with big gun-like things created a trap-of-cars for us. However, being Carbonites, and thinking only in two dimensions, I don't think they expected us to make the van fly away, but it seems to have worked!"

Dreamy's speech is simultaneously accompanied by the vivid memory of everything she just experienced. Dreamy provides this information as if she were communicating with her fellow Kairissians - images and sounds from her perspective of the van floating into the air, followed by the entire van shaking from the enemy strike, the exclamations of the Carbonites inside, and their speedy escape.

"Blue Bolt, sir? Harry here seems to think that the five were sent by the White King to Recycle him. Who is this White King, sir?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Dannigan Dannigan

With Dreamy doing the flying and getting directions from the men in the front seat, it is not long before you are being directed to lower your altitude with the prisoner transport to get it to fit into the entrance that leads into the underground parking area that the security guards and police use to get prisoners out of the vans and into the courthouse. You can see that there is an increased police presence outside the courthouse with the street out front having been blocked off from normal ground traffic.

Harry is looking about with a wild expression on his face, saying, "They are going to come for me, I know it." He turns to Dreamy and leans forward as far as his shackles will allow and says, "If you can keep me safe, I'll do whatever you want."

"Blue Bolt, sir? Harry here seems to think that the five were sent by the White King to Recycle him. Who is this White King, sir?"

You can almost feel the frown on Blue Bolt's face as he thinks. "If it is the person that I am thinking of, we just opened up a major can of worms here. The White King is the name of the leader of the criminal anti-mutant organization known as Genocide. They are extremists of the worst kind, hell-bent on the death of every mutant on the planet, along with anyone that they consider to be mutant sympathizers. The Force has tangled with Genocide's troops on more than one occasion, and they are not to be taken lightly. If you can get this kidnapper to talk, he may be able to get us some real actionable intelligence on their members and locations of their local base of operations!"

Silanon Silanon
Before going into the garage, did you wish to stay behind and do some spying on the guys with the guns to see what they do? There was some talk of that in the OOC Thread.

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Psychie Psychie
Are the two of you heading to the intersection where the five gunmen were at, or are you going to the courthouse to meet Dreamy and possibly Nisha?
 

Silanon

Three Thousand Club
"Hanging!" she replies. Dreamy wonders for the reason behind Luminary's odd request, reminding herself that there's a lot about Earth and its inhabitants she has yet to learn.
"It's... another figure of speech. You don't need to if you're fine anyway." With that, Nisha disperses the shadowy cloud as soon as the van's out of sight of the thugs. No need to waste her strength on unneeded cover. "So... listen. You have everything under control right here, and I don't want them to simply vanish on us. Best trail we have right now, not counting Harry. The prisoner." She adds the latter for those not aboard. "So... I'll try to keep an eye on those five. See if they might talk. Luminary, I could use some backup. Maybe Dreamy can join us as well once Harry's safe." She kneels down at the van's backdoor, mumbles words. Turns towards Dreamy for a nod, and a smile. "See you in a bit."

And with that, she glides off the flying vehicle, allows herself to drop a few feet before her magic manifests around her. Shadowy wings turn the fall into a glide, carry her back towards the place where she last saw the King's men. The opposite of just hanging in there; turning the tides, if things go well. She does try to not make a show of it; flies where rooftops might block the view of curious eyes whenever possible. And quietly hopes that she's still in time to see where that vehicle of theirs is headed. They might follow the van; or try to hole up somewhere. Only one way to find out; only one chance for it, perhaps.
and they are not to be taken lightly.
"Noted. I'll be careful." She always is. But it's not like one can simply allow people to fire missiles at vans without a response. Besides, there are answers to be found, a riddle to be solved. One that involves foes who's doctrine alone makes him a threat. When does a human turn into a mutant? The first pinch of magic, or the book's last chapter? Who knows. This White King seems to have found the answer, for himself. Does he also know when a man turns into a monster? Because that's what 'Genocide' very much sounds like... philosophical thoughts for another moment. Where are the thugs down below in the streets, where are they headed, do they seem to be aware of her presence? That's what matters, right now.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Once Chaser and Luminary are at least somewhat alone in the hall, she whispers to him, "It sounds like we are dealing with agents of the group known as Genocide. The prisoner has mentioned that he was sent by someone calling himself the White King, and according to Blue Bolt, that is the leader of the organization. Supposed to be anti-mutant fanatics. Dawn is going to try and see where these gunmen are heading, while Dreamy is staying with the transport van to get the prisoner inside. Dawn has asked for some back-up, and I don't feel good about leaving Dreamy by herself. Can you get to the courthouse to give her some support in case they decide to make a move there while I go give Dawn a hand? Its either that, or stay here to help guard Rebecca."

QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE
 

QuickSmasherEXE

Less is More
"It sounds like we are dealing with agents of the group known as Genocide. The prisoner has mentioned that he was sent by someone calling himself the White King, and according to Blue Bolt, that is the leader of the organization. Supposed to be anti-mutant fanatics."
"Oh yeah. I know about those guys."

Dawn is going to try and see where these gunmen are heading, while Dreamy is staying with the transport van to get the prisoner inside. Dawn has asked for some back-up, and I don't feel good about leaving Dreamy by herself. Can you get to the courthouse to give her some support in case they decide to make a move there while I go give Dawn a hand? Its either that, or stay here to help guard Rebecca."
Chaser scratched the back of his neck. "I mean, I could, but I don't know. I still got some questions for the gov's fam I wanna go ahead and ask, but if y'all need me somewhere else, I can prolly come back later."
 
Last edited:

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Deb pauses, then nods. "Yeah. Staying here and keeping an eye on Rebecca and getting more from her is a good idea. If you need anything, give us a holler on the team communicators. I got to go. Be careful, ok? I would hate to discover something bad happened here after I left."

She then heads for the door, and once outside, she kicks on her flight and zooms along to get to Nisha's location.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE

As Luminary heads out, the young Rebecca and her dog poke their heads out of the room that you were speaking to her, and she says, "Am I going to be safe? Your friend seemed to be pretty upset." She does look nervous as her hand clings to the collar of her dog, hoping for some reassurance from his presence.


Dannigan Dannigan

It is hardly the most graceful landing you have ever made, but you have a good excuse since you are flying almost blind with a big armored van in your telekinetic grip. As you set the van down, a half dozen SWAT officers are there along with at least ten other cops, all on alert after getting the radio call from the driver, warning everyone that you guys were under attack. The back doors open up, and Harry is unloaded by the officer in the back with you. As he is being taken away, Harry briefly stops and looks back at Dreamy, saying, "513 West Coronado." He's then taken to the elevator, and if you are interested in going with them, you'll need to move now.

What do you do?


Silanon Silanon

Setting down on a nearby rooftop, Nisha can see the intersection where the five armed men were waiting in ambush for the prisoner transport. You can tell that they are all rather upset, and they quickly jump back into the van that they were hiding in. This also shows that there is at least one other person involved, sitting in the driver's seat. The engine starts up with a roar, and will be starting out as soon as the five gunmen are loaded into the back of the van.

If you want to stop the van from leaving, you have very little time. You do know that Luminary is on her way.


Psychie Psychie

Once in the air, it does not take you long to zoom along to the intersection that Nisha and Dreamy have indicated that the ambush was set up. Please give me a Perception roll as you approach.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Once in the air, it does not take you long to zoom along to the intersection that Nisha and Dreamy have indicated that the ambush was set up. Please give me a Perception roll as you approach.
Perception roll of 13- coming up
 

QuickSmasherEXE

Less is More
Deb pauses, then nods. "Yeah. Staying here and keeping an eye on Rebecca and getting more from her is a good idea. If you need anything, give us a holler on the team communicators. I got to go. Be careful, ok? I would hate to discover something bad happened here after I left."
"Hey now-" Miles shrugged and put on a coy grin- "you know ya boy is always careful. Nothin' bad is gonna happen."

As Luminary heads out, the young Rebecca and her dog poke their heads out of the room that you were speaking to her, and she says, "Am I going to be safe? Your friend seemed to be pretty upset." She does look nervous as her hand clings to the collar of her dog, hoping for some reassurance from his presence.
The speedster turned to face the girl, a casual smile on his face. He figured that was an assuring expression. "Don't you worry, you're gonna be fine. She was probably just freakin' out about nothing." He clapped his hands together. "So, I got some bad news. Livestream is cancelled. On the bright side though, I'm gonna be here a little longer, and you don't gotta. As long as I'm here, everything will be fine."

Chaser knelt down and, cautiously, reached out to pet the dog. "So, if you don't mind me picking up where my friend left off, how long have you been able to do this 'talking to animals' thing?"
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Psychie Psychie

As you come tearing up towards the intersection, you immediately spot Nisha peeking over the edge of one of the buildings, looking down into the intersection. Down below, you can see that there are two cars and a large van that appear to have gotten into an accident, but a second glance shows several armed men with heavy guns and armor climbing into the back of the van. Clearly these weapons are military grade at the very least, and could quite conceivably be dangerous even to you.


QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE

The dog cautiously sniffs at your hand before letting you pet his head, but soon he leans his head towards you to let you scritch behind his ears and under his collar. Rebecca smiles, saying, "King likes you. That's a good sign. I trust animals more than some people, and if King didn't like you, that would be a bad sign." She rubs the back of the dog, and his tail goes into high speed wag mode as he shows his pleasure of having two people giving him attention.

Rebecca looks up at Chaser and answers his question with, "I guess I always could. At least, I can't remember a time when I couldn't. At first, I thought everyone could do it, but after talking to my parents about it, I learned that it was a special talent that only I had. Kinda like Harry Potter being able to talk to snakes. They warned me not to tell anyone else about my talent, and I have since done my best to keep it a secret, and stuck with only talking to King. But when those people showed up and started to try and take me, I got so scared. I couldn't control myself anymore, and suddenly, I could feel the all the animals around me for a long ways out, and I called to them to help. Many answered, and I feel sooooo bad that there were so many pets hurt by these bad guys. All because of me."

She is trying to be brave, but the memory of seeing the bodyguard get killed and almost getting kidnapped is still weighing heavily on her. "I know that Ms. Luminary said that it wasn't my fault, but if I weren't different, I think those men wouldn't have any reason to try and take me."

It is clear that she has no clue as to the nature of Genocide, and the true level of danger she was in, be it as a "normal" human or as a paranormal.
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
As you come tearing up towards the intersection, you immediately spot Nisha peeking over the edge of one of the buildings, looking down into the intersection. Down below, you can see that there are two cars and a large van that appear to have gotten into an accident, but a second glance shows several armed men with heavy guns and armor climbing into the back of the van. Clearly these weapons are military grade at the very least, and could quite conceivably be dangerous even to you.
As she approaches, she dials back her speed and aims for a different rooftop from Dawn to monitor the bad guys on the ground. Through the mind link, she sends, "Nisha, I'm here, just across the street from you. I am not liking the thought of letting these guys get away, but there is something to be said of tracking them to their base from the air. Do you have a plan?"

Silanon Silanon
 

QuickSmasherEXE

Less is More
The dog cautiously sniffs at your hand before letting you pet his head, but soon he leans his head towards you to let you scritch behind his ears and under his collar. Rebecca smiles, saying, "King likes you. That's a good sign. I trust animals more than some people, and if King didn't like you, that would be a bad sign." She rubs the back of the dog, and his tail goes into high speed wag mode as he shows his pleasure of having two people giving him attention.
Chaser smiled. "Well, if your dog likes me, he must be pretty smart."

"Kinda like Harry Potter being able to talk to snakes."
"He can do what now?"

He scratched the dog's neck with mindless passivity as he listened to the girl speak. Yeah, pets weren't the only guys who got hurt, thought Miles, but he kept that in his head. Eventually Rebecca finished, and the speedster nodded slowly, trying to figure out the nice words a sensitive person would use.

"Hey now, it's not your fault. You didn't ask to be any different, did you?" No, that didn't sound quite right...

"Besides. All 'cause you're different doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I mean, I'm different." Miles took his hands off of King and pointed both thumbs at his chest. "C'mon, you know nobody's as fast as ya boy, just like not everybody can do what you do with animals. Nothin' wrong with that part of me, right? Sometimes people just, uh...they get mistaken about what kinds of different things are bad, and that's prolly what those guys were. Ya can't always help it if someone else does something wrong, it's not your fault what other people do. That make sense?"
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
The back doors open up, and Harry is unloaded by the officer in the back with you. As he is being taken away, Harry briefly stops and looks back at Dreamy, saying, "513 West Coronado." He's then taken to the elevator, and if you are interested in going with them, you'll need to move now.
"Thank you, Harry!" Dreamy clasps her hands and smiles at Harry's mysterious information.

"'513 West Coronado..'" Dreamy shares her experience over her mind link of Harry telling her these words just now. "Blue Bolt? That sounds like an address, but Harry didn't mention which city. Do you think he means San Francisco?"

To Luminary and Nisha (and Blue Bolt), Dreamy says, "The Sacramento authorities are taking Harry to safety. Should I go with him or reunite with everyone? I have but moments to act." Dreamy's heart wants to go with Harry in case there is another attempt against him, but her mind is telling her to rejoin her teammates against the possibility of another attack against them.

"Oh, what should I do?"
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Luminary grins, and sends the thought, "Come join us. I want to try and follow these idiots that shot at you to wherever it is that they are going to run to. Then we can give them the option to surrender or get their collective butts kicked. That address on Coronado, it is probably their hideout. I just hope that it is not in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Assuming that these guys are going to go straight back there, and it is even in Sacramento."
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top