The Force of Justice - IC Thread

Both the gunmen that Chaser swing on get their weapons knocked aside, leaving them disarmed of their primary weapons.

Moving down the list to Psychie Psychie and Luminary

Targeting the next moving van, Luminary fires off another focused blast of light at the engine to disable the vehicle and keep it from leaving.

I'm sure I hit with my OCV of 11. Damage was only 13 Body.

The laser blast from Luminary's hands once more punches into the engine of the second truck, most likely crippling its engine and preventing it from running.

Still on Phase 2, Initiative 18 for both Purr Purr and Silanon Silanon

Dreamy the Starborn ponders to herself as the action takes place all around her. "Hmm! The metal-fused carbonites are tough, but the big-gun wielding Carbonites sure were... using dangerous-looking big guns! They might try and pick them up again. I've got to think of something clever - and quick! Ooh! Maybe?"

"Hey you two!" Dreamy briefly flashes her fiery hair and golden skin as she poses sweetly to get the recently-disarmed mean Carbonites' attention. "Drop to the floor, surrender, be nice, and maybe get hugs... or..." Dreamy uses her Telekinesis to lift one of the chain-guns Her Boy had disarmed. What was the term they used on the talking Carbonite box? Oh! Yes! She shrieks at the top of her voice.

"...eat hot lead!"

Aiming the big gun so that the two enemy Carbonites are now staring into those smoking barrels, Dreamy requires. "So what's it going to be, meanies? Hugs or bullets?" With one hand on her hip, she points at their faces, and then at the floor at their feet.

Sure, the hopeful Kairisssian had little idea of how to operate the chaingun, but the Carbonites didn't know that!

What Dreamy is attempting to do is called a Presence Attack. The way that works is you take your Pre stat (in Dreamy's case, it is a 15), and for every five points of attribute you have, you roll 1d6. A good soliloquy, a powerful reputation, or a violent action will give you bonus dice to your roll. Once you have a total of all the dice, you compare it to the Pre stat of your target(s) to see if you manage to startle them, scare the bejebies out of them, or induce a yawning fit because you are soooo boring.

In this case, your combined dice were not quite enough to make them surrender outright, but you have caused them to lose their next action that was supposed to take place on Phase 3. They are definitely reconsidering their current career paths right now.

Silanon Silanon is up with Nisha.

Some are too dense to get the point. It's good to see Dreamy trying, of course. Better than the alternative - a murderous alien that these men would be rightfully afraid of. But right now, it's about getting the job done. These kinds of people don't listen. Not while they still believe there's a chance. There isn't, of course. There never was. Magic's involved, and only on one side. Time to show them. To thin out their numbers until only the real problem, the two borgs, are left standing. Another incantation. Another blast of dark shadows. Pointed at the same spot, to do the same thing. Take out those four before they can do any harm... then move on from there.

Just another area blast, hitting the ones I hit before. Don't want them to get any chance to stand back up. Sherwood Sherwood Do the rolling for me, please?

The blast is aimed at four of the regular gunmen:
7 / Area of Effect Blast: Blast 10d6, Area of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/4) (75 Active Points) / 3f
Power skill is at 14- - I can't move the two overall skill levels from stealth to power, can I? It'd be 16- otherwise.

With a wave of her hand, the magic once more courses out and hits the four guards, making them yell out in pain.

While Nisha is doing that, Blue Bolt teleports off twenty meters to the left and lets fly with a lightning bolt at one of the cyborgs, bringing up the unpleasant smell of cooked flesh and ozone from toasted electronics, and the person collapses. He points over at the other 'borg and yells, "You have one last chance! Surrender and we will go easy on you. Continue to fight, and we'll not hold back! Drop to the ground! Now!"

Normally, the gunmen and the cyborg would act on Phase 3, but between Dreamy and Blue Bolt's combined Presence Attacks, they have lost their phase. The remaining armed men look very uncertain, and with the sudden loss of so many on their side, it has shaken their confidence.

Phase 4, QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE is up with Chaser

Chaser adds his own voice to the chorus of screaming and fireworks. "Hey, do y'all think you could calm it down a notch?!" He rushes behind the last cyborg standing and attempts to put the modified man in a choke hold. "And you probably should to," he whispered through gritted teeth. "Trying to help you out here."

The man tenses up when Chaser grabs him, but other than that, he doesn't resist. He instead slowly raises up his hands in surrender, saying, "Ok, chief. You got us. We give up. Now, for the magic words: I want my lawyer."

The other gunmen and people hurrying about slowly come to a stop and raise their hands, following the lead of the fellow that Chaser has in hand. Soon, there is a pall of silence in the warehouse.

What do you do now?

"They gave up! No more violence and people getting hurt! "

Dreamy lets out this long joyful squeak via her Mind-link - so utterly adorable is the sound that vocal chords cannot hope to reproduce it. Visibly restraining herself with a smile from ear to ear, Dreamy clamps her hands into fists and gently via telekinesis lowers the no-longer-needed Carbonite gun-thing to the cool floor.

In her short time on Earth, Dreamy had heard so many stories from San Franciscan Carbonites, especially those involved in law enforcement and those among the "common folk" (which the Kairissian thought was a strange phrase as Dreamy felt everyone was special). She had seen it herself a few times and learned that Carbonites, when punctured, could lose this special red fluid of theirs that kept their internal parts and highways moving. If they lost too much of it, their bodies gave out and they self-Recycled, eventually returning to the planet from which they were born upon. When this happened, Dreamy saw that the Carbonites often cried a lot, but there would be no crying this hour for the troublemakers had lost their desire to do battle!

She peers to everyone in the Force of Justice, especially Blue Bolt but also including Chaser, for in the moment she forgets Chaser's mind is not connected to the most natural way of communication she has ever known - mind-to-mind. "This is just wonderful! What do we do now? Now that I have a smartphone, I can contact the Sacramento authorities and ask them to Incarcerate these wrongdoers. Shall I?" Then, unable to help herself any longer, young and young-hearted Dreamy gives into pure happiness - she clasps her hands over her biceps, beams, and gives herself this big, big happy hug, rocking back and forth causing her flame-hair and bikini strings dance from side to side.

Inside her ever-grooving mind where music and pleasant feelings, sights, sounds, and smells seem to drift along non-stop, Dreamy feels like this!
"The B-52's - Love Shack (Official Music Video)"

Nisha leans back against the wall right besides the wall she entered through - but other than that, she shows no sign of letting her guard down whatsoever. Darkness still dances around her wrists, waiting to be unleashed once more. This does not feel like the right time to be careless; not until they're safely locked away. "Give them a call," she agrees over the mind-link with Dreamy, "warn them to be especially careful. We've seen how they act when they think someone might talk."

She eyes the surrendering cyborg. "You'll get your lawyer. Might be a good time to ponder if you can't make their life a little easier. And yours. We're here for answers. Judges like cooperation. Just saying." Once more, she uses the mind-link for safe communication: "Careful. They might want to silence one or two of theirs. Just in case. They also might have reinforcements coming in, at some point." Always expect the worst - keeps you alive.

The man tenses up when Chaser grabs him, but other than that, he doesn't resist. He instead slowly raises up his hands in surrender, saying, "Ok, chief. You got us. We give up. Now, for the magic words: I want my lawyer."
"Hey, that's the spirit." Chaser loosens his grip and holds back a sigh of relief. Looks like things wouldn't get any messier. Hallelujah. Praise Jesus.

Great minds think alike, or so Chaser would've said, had be been aware he was thinking the same thing Dreamy and Nisha were discussing in the mind link. "So, do we got, like...the cops on the way, or something? I got a phone if we gotta make a call for it."

"Oh, oh!" Dreamy bounces at Chaser's mention thank you. With a wave of her hand, she indicates the other members of the Force of Justice. "We were just thinking the same thing! Here," she produces her smartphone from her fireproof sack, "Let me try!"

Dreamy phones 911. The call goes like this.

"Hello?" Using her eidetic memory, Dreamy provides the address. She pauses frequently out of politeness. "Yes. Police, please."

She waits patiently for a spell, and then, "Hi, Sacramento law-enforcing people! It's me, Dreamy! Maybe you know some of my law-enforcing friends in San Francisco? Well, I'm in the Force of Justice now - they are sooo sweeet - and we have apprehended a dangerous bunch of troublemaking Carbonites!

"Uh huh!

"We told them to surrender! And guess what? They did! No one had to be Recycled! I bet Chaser is really hapoy about that" The Kairissian glances at the speedster.

"Yes ma'am, that's right! Some of them have metal parts and big shooty gun things! Would you come and Incarcerate them, please! We have to further our adventures elsewhere.

"Careful. They might want to silence one or two of theirs. Just in case. They also might have reinforcements coming in, at some point

"Oh! Yes! And my friend, Nisha - she's really smart! - says you should be really careful. The troublesome Carbonites? Yes. She says they might try to silence each other? Yes, ma'am. Maybe they're going to use gags or masking tape, I guess? You know, to cover their mouths?

"Oh. And they might have reinforcements coming in at some point with more big shooty gun things. So, be careful, law enforcement people!

"Yes! My current name is Dreamy the Starborn... my callback number is..."

"Yes ma'am! Uh huh! That's all. I appreciate your assistance! Stars shine upon you!"

Dreamy closes the call and holds the smartphone in her hands proudly she looks to her teammates. "Boy! Using a smartphone gets easier every time you do it!"

Off in the distance, the familiar wail of sirens can be heard from multiple emergency vehicles rapidly approaching. Right now, no one in the warehouse is putting up any resistance, letting you strip them of their weapons (at least, the ones that are not surgically attached) and line them up along one of the walls.

It does not take long before the police and paramedics are now on scene, the former cuffing up the people in the warehouse while the latter are examining those people that were knocked out by the various energy blasts that hit them in the fight. A news helicopter is now hovering in the air above the building, trying to zoom in and get some good footage of what is going on, and other newsies are lining up outside the police tape that the local police have set up.

Blue Bolt seems to be at ease as the police do their work, keeping a close watch on the cyborgs as the SWAT team are putting heavy duty manacles on their hands and feet in an attempt to safely transport them to a secure holding cell. The energy projector gives the rest of you a smile, saying, "The situation was secured with no serious casualties on their part, and no one hurt on our part. Just about as close as we can get to a perfect op as we could hope for. Outstanding work, everyone."

Dreamy closes the call and holds the smartphone in her hands proudly she looks to her teammates. "Boy! Using a smartphone gets easier every time you do it!"
"It'll be second nature before you know it," said Chaser with a grin. Perhaps not an entirely earnest one.

A news helicopter is now hovering in the air above the building, trying to zoom in and get some good footage of what is going on, and other newsies are lining up outside the police tape that the local police have set up.
The speedster peaked out the window. His face flashed a scowl. Ugh. Old media types, he thought to himself. Bunch of vultures, I can't believe anybody-

"Outstanding work, everyone."
"Huh? Oh, hah, thanks boss man. Only natural. We are are pretty lit, I gotta say it."

Dreamy clasps her fingers and smiles with relief at Chaser's encouragement. A strange girl in a stranger world, confusion is part of her daily life. The Kairissian realizes then she finds any source of encouragement uplifting, especially a teammate's.

Her starry eyes follow Chaser's gaze. She looks back to him, noting his expression. "You don't trust those Carbonites - the storytellers. In San Francisco, the storytellers have always been nice to me. But here in Sacramento, things may be different. Perhaps these are Carbonites of a different breed?"

Dreamy muses and then looks to Blue Bolt and then the rest of the Force of Justice "With the incarceration of the wrongdoers, do you think the threat to Rebecca Talbert is finished?"

"Hardly, I'd reckon. This was just one of the places they used, right? There'll be plenty more, and they'll be more careful than these." A shrug. "It's a start, though. Might be enough to dig a little deeper. Someone's gotta know where their leader's at. I'd figure that's the one who started it all, for whatever reason."

Eyeing the 'storytellers', she naturally steps back a little - back into the small room where she arrived, out of sight. Not without giving a certain wringer a solid kick, now that she knows that it's around. "The news people - the 'storytellers' - are the same in all places. Just interested in fancy headlines and stories that they can exploit until there's not an ounce of truth left. And they dig too deep where no one should, just in hopes to find the next scandalous affair." Nisha does not like 'em, not one bit. Journalists are a natural enemy of secrecy.

Luminary looks over at the members of the press that are standing behind the police lines and says, "Yeah, the members of the press can be a pain, but it is something we have to deal with in a free society. Could be a lot worse, that's for damn sure."

She then looks over at Dreamy and says, "Dreamy, you were able to get some information from that one fellow that was getting transported to the courthouse. He gave you the address for this warehouse, right? I am wondering if you might be able to get him to open up to you some more and find out just why these anti-mutant radicals were trying to kidnap the Governor's daughter. Was it a blackmail attempt? Were they planning on killing her in some kind of horrible manner? And I am wondering just how did these fools decide to make their move on Rebecca now. Its not like the Governor's family having a mutant in it was public knowledge, so how did they find out about it?"

Dreamy nods to Luminary and The Dude. "Yes. His name is Harry," Dreamy pleasantly recalls. As she speaks, she reaches into the fireproof pouch she keeps fastened about her neck and produces an equally fireproof circlet. With this, Dreamy reaches her hands behind her head. Smoothing back her hair, she begins to pull her hair into an attractive ponytail. Then she seeks out some kind of reflective device to see how she looks.

"Sometimes wrongdoing Carbonites assist the rule-enforcing Carbonites in return for lesser punishments or better treatment - at least in San Francisco. Does Sacramento's society function in the same manner? And if so, would you be open to helping Harry if he is able to assist us? That's nice and fair, isn't it?"

Her starry eyes follow Chaser's gaze. She looks back to him, noting his expression. "You don't trust those Carbonites - the storytellers. In San Francisco, the storytellers have always been nice to me. But here in Sacramento, things may be different. Perhaps these are Carbonites of a different breed?"
Eyeing the 'storytellers', she naturally steps back a little - back into the small room where she arrived, out of sight. Not without giving a certain wringer a solid kick, now that she knows that it's around. "The news people - the 'storytellers' - are the same in all places. Just interested in fancy headlines and stories that they can exploit until there's not an ounce of truth left. And they dig too deep where no one should, just in hopes to find the next scandalous affair." Nisha does not like 'em, not one bit. Journalists are a natural enemy of secrecy.
"Yeah, the members of the press can be a pain, but it is something we have to deal with in a free society. Could be a lot worse, that's for damn sure."
"Yeah man," bellowed Chaser, stepping away from the warehouse window. "They not be as bad as they could be, and they may be nice to you, but that don't mean ya can trust 'em. It's like you said-" he pointed to Dreamy- "these guys are storytellers. They don't tell the truth, they tell ya what they want you to hear." The speedster tapped the side of his head and turned to the witch. "Man, I don't what you're talkin' about digging too deep though. Some of the stuff that goes on these guys won't even touch."

He crossed his arms and shook his head before letting the rest of the group continue discussing their 'informant' and the possibility cutting a deal with him.

"I mean, sure." He uncrossed his arms and shrugged. "Sounds fair."

Dreamy absorbs what her teammates are telling her, nodding here and there as her extraterrestrial brain makes what leaps and bounds it may to cross her culture and theirs. "I suppose I'll have to be careful with the storytellers then.

Dreamy looks to the wrongdoers they have most-recently defeated, including the cyborgs, and says, "I received the impression that Harry really didn't know much more than what he gave us. He was being a sweetheart by sharing what he did know. Maybe these Carbonites before us could be persuaded to be nice too? Not all wrongdoers are mean. I guess you have to treat them like the storytellers and be wary or something?"

Demurely, she looks to the person who had put himself in charge of their small band and then to the Force of Justice as a whole. "Blue Bolt? I'm glad you're proud of us. Everyone? Maybe these wrongdoers weren't nice before, but maybe they can be nice now that the law-enforcing Sacramento-Carbonites are among us?" She opens her hands and asks, "Since we're no longer enemies, perhaps they could tell us why they did these things and who told them to do them? What do you think, everyone?"

"Perhaps. Doubt I'd trust much they blurt out right now - but the last lead brought us here, so who knows, really. Should ask them separately, though - no one's going to betray their kin in front of the others. At least I wouldn't. Should give the place and the vans a thorough look, too; people lie, the facts usually don't. They were in a hurry to haul things away, it seemed." Nisha makes no effort to go out there herself; there are journalists swarming the place, after all. Instead, her eyes search what one can see from the small room's door - anything that stands out, now that the fighting is over?

Blue Bolt says, "Dreamy, I seriously doubt that anyone here will be willing to speak with any of us, me because I'm a mutant (along with many members of the FoJ), and you because you freely associate with one, and the same with the rest of you. But we can try. I think you may have more success talking to that one fellow that gave you this address. Harry? Harvey? Whatever his name is, he may be willing to talk."

Silanon Silanon As you look around the room at the various boxes, please give me a Perception roll

Blue Bolt says, "Dreamy, I seriously doubt that anyone here will be willing to speak with any of us, me because I'm a mutant (along with many members of the FoJ), and you because you freely associate with one, and the same with the rest of you. But we can try. I think you may have more success talking to that one fellow that gave you this address. Harry? Harvey? Whatever his name is, he may be willing to talk."
"Okay, Blue Bolt!" Dreamy nods. "These are your people after all. Shall we go and see Harry, everyone?"

Dreamy has not yet noticed that Nisha is examining anything in particular but this could change shortly.

A cursory examination of the stuff being packed up doesn't tell Nisha much. It is all technological and not magic, or else you may have had a chance to come up with more info. It is clearly not in your wheelhouse.

Blue Bolt looks over at Dreamy and nods. "Sounds like a plan. Lets go."

Users who are viewing this thread