2019 Writing Event The Flying Saucer

Kimona

Watermelon king
Now, it was just a perfectly ordinary day for me. My parents had already left early for work, and I was left at home. All I wanted to do that morning, was enjoy my bowl of lucky charms and then decide what to do with the rest of my boring summer day. But not only did the luck of my cereal not seem to be rubbing off on me, but one might even say that it was unbelievable how shitty this summer became. Of course as unbelievable and impossible this sounds, I’m telling you it’s true. Every single word, even if this may be a bit hard to comprehend. You see, as I sat there with my breakfast, the craziest thing happened. An alien spaceship crashed into my, what could almost be considered large, backyard. Right next to the screen doors where I was sitting. That’s right. And ALIEN SPACESHIP landed in MY yard. I didn’t believe it at first myself, at first, I couldn’t even see it with all the dust in the air, and the smoke from the engine. If you think about it, the logic from every horror movie ever tells you not to walk up to the strange spaceship, and that kind of logic makes sense. But, what you can’t help, especially me, is the logic from every romance novel. That it might not be some man-eating, world ending creature, but a hot, sexy alien lady. Or man! If you swing that way. After all, who wouldn’t love for a sexy alien to practically land in their lap like this. That thought alone is the only reason, after I saw the ship that is, I approached the ship. It was pretty basic for a ship, the kind you would see in a kids game.A small silver flying saucer, with a clear bulb at the top where a pilot might sit, and green-yellow bulbs curling around the sides which were probably the cartoony flashing lights. It was almost painful how cheesy this was. At this point my idea of a pretty woman hoping out was crushed, and I was more worried about something like Marvin the Martian popping out.

With a “Psshhhhhhhhhhht,” likely of the air pressure change from inside the ship, a door opened up. Some of the smoke was pushed away as the air exited the ship. Well, this was it. Time to see what this was. From the smoke appeared a figure, it became more and more visible as it stepped out. After a dramatic moment the alien stepped into the light. It was- well, it looked like a teenage boy. Aside from the black, and yes I mean black skin, not the Earth “Black” where they actually mean brown. No no, this was black. Cold, dark, nighttime black. His hair was the whitest I had ever seen, and it was curly, very curly around his head. The alien also seemed to be wearing the cheesiest space suit you ad ever seen. He had as clear round space helmet under one arm and the rest of his body was covered in a full body skin tight shiny, shiny silver space suit. It was like I was staring at an 80’s film. Or was it 70’s? 60’s? 90’s? I couldn’t remember, they all kind of blurred together. The alien looked at me, a very bored look on his face. Or at least that’s what I thought it was? It was had to tell with minimal shadows to differentiate expressions. The alien was silent for a moment as he looked around the area, before walking past me to circle around the ship, examining the engine. He muttered something to himself, before looking at me. “Am I correct in assuming your planets does not have Helmantium energy-fuel, or Biocarb accelerators?” He asks. Before I could say anything in response he continued to rattle on as he rummaged through the inside of another compartment that seemed to be a storage unit of some kind, like a trunk. “Okay I need you to get me-” I didn’t let the alien get any farther than that. “Woah woah woah woah!” I start, “What should I do anything for you?! Your a complete stranger who crashed into my yard!” I huff, “And an alien! How do I know you’re not gonna like, eat my brain, or invade the planet?” I ask, crossing my arms. It sighs, sliding its hands out of the trunk before looking at me, “I’m unarmed and this ship was barely even in flying condition before I took it out. And if you don’t want more aliens flying down from the sky, I’m going to need your help……” he narrows his eyes, “dirt being.” he decides on after a long moment. I frown, still doubting it, but it’s true, he didn’t seem to have any weapons, it would be hard to hide anything in a skin-tight shiny bodysuit, but then again, who knows what alien tech was capable of.

“Okay. I’m willing to believe you. But for starters, I’m not a “dirt being” I’m a human.” I state. “Oh I see. Your planet is named after dirt, so I wasn’t sure what you went by, human.” It explains before it turns back to the trunk. He pulled out a bag and looks though it with a sigh. He seemed a little disappointed looking at the contents of the trunk, aside from the bag. He pulled a few items out of the trunk anyways and dumped them in his bag. Once he does that he closes the trunk and throws the bag onto one shoulder “Human, do you have anything to cover this up? It will draw a lot of attention until I can figure out how to fix it, and your people might freak out.” It states. I sigh, “Alien, my name isn’t human. Alien.” I huff, throwing the usage right back at it. It puts a hand on it’s lower face, thinking about it for a moment. “I see your point human, What should I call you instead? And you can call me Kyp. Since that is my name.” he decides. I look over him, Kyp was a weird name. But I assume aliens were weird. “I’m Tate.” I tell him, Kyp smiles at me, I think. “Well Tate. My question still stands. Do you have anything to hide this ship with?”

With assistance from Kyp, we covered the ship with a dark blue tarp from the garage. At this point in time we were now sitting in my kitchen. Kyp was sniffing the milk. “Dude It’s just milk. I tell him. “I… Don't trust it.” Kyp grimaces. He clearly just didn’t like the smell of it. I sigh, “Whatever, can you just put it back in the fridge now if your not going to drink it? It needs to stay cold.” I peered at him, arms crossed until he snaps the lid back on and places it back in the fridge. “So now what?” I ask him, “I assume your “alien goals” don’t involve sniffing all the contents of my fridge?” I scoff. Kyp frowns thinking about it for a moment, creases forming on his forehead. “Tate.” he starts, turning his full attention back to me, “Show me around.” he states. “What?” I ask, a little confused, mixed with surprise, partly because I wasn’t sure what he was asking. “Show me around, I’m curious about your planets, and if we take a look around, who knows, we might find something that can fix the ship.” he decides. That’s the answer I had been worried about. “You can’t just go out there looking like that! You would stand out more then, well, your an alien!” I huff, gesturing my arms at him as I try to express what I’m saying. “Thenn disguise me.” he answers as I that was the easiest answer in the world.

And so here we were. Smack dab in the middle of Winchester Mall, an alien and I. I had thrown a black hoodie over Kyp, black only because his skin would bend with it, some red pants, and a pair of my old shoes. I made him put on a baseball cap as well, and bull of the hood. Hopefully it was enough to hide his skin. I think, thanks to my efforts, most people just thought he was an african-american kid. That was good enough for me. As long as they didn’t see alien. Although... his behavior wasn’t helping. He was acting like a child in a candy store. A very suspicious, skeptical child. It was… annoying to say the least. “So how is being in this mall helpful?” I ask him, “It’s the easiest place for your identity to be revealed.” I add in a slightly more hushed voice. Kyp doesn’t look at me as he holds the shoe he was examining a bit higher before sniffing it like a weirdo, and putting it back. “I think it’s the best place to find possible ship parts or fuel, because there are so many different types of stores in one place that might just have the human equivalent of what I’m looking for.” He states, as he darts out of the store and quickly enters another with me at his tail.

I proceeded to chase after him for over an hour as he entered stores, sniffed theng, and even lose money when he wouldn’t put things down. Like that damn rubix cube which he wouldn’t let go of. He wouldn’t even let the lady put it in a bag. “So are you sure you’re just trying to find parts?” I ask, eyeing the rubix cube. Kyp looks at me, silent for a long moment. Longer than it should of been. “Yes.” he states simply. After a pause like that… Of course I didn’t believe him! But before I could press him any further, my phone began to release an alert, but it wasn’t any I'd heard before, and it sounded like a danger alert from a movie, so not good. Before I could even pull my phone out, Kyp shoved the cube in his pocket, and grabbed my wrist, quickly leading us out of the store, scanning the crowds of people as he quickly walked. “What’s this alert?” I ask, pulling my phone out. “The screen doesn’t say anything, it’s just flashing.” I continue as he answers, “I upgraded your device so that it will alert us when the aliens I told you about arrived.” He explains simply as he picks up his pace, now making us run as he scans the area. “What?!” I exclaim as we run, “Why would you- What?- Ho- Does that mean there are aliens here?” I ask as he turns down a corner, “Probably, yeah.” He decides.

Kyp slides to a stop in front of one of the exits, I almost bumped into him, he puts a finger to his lips, scanning the outside as people go in and out, or linger. “They could be any of those humans out there. We need to proceed cautiously or we will get caught.” He explains.

“It… Might be a little too late for that.” A small voice says behind us. We both spin, it’s just a small little girl with a yellow balloon. She stares at us a moment before her eyes turn an opaque red. Kyp immediately turns and runs out the doors of the mall, dragging me along with, but he doesn’t make it ten feet before he skids to a halt. There seemed to be Three people in front of us, and two more were running over from farther away on the sides. And the girl was still behind us. Kyp frantically looks at the people surrounding us, trying to find a way out. The girl slipped in front of us, another taking up the exit behind us, “Kyp.” She starts, “You are under arrest for the murder of Xerrn Holm, President of Delta V-5.” she states, snapping her fingers as two of her men snap alien hand cuffs onto both of our hands. “You killed the president?!” I quietly exclaim at him, “No I did not!” He annoyedly mutters back. “Then why are they arresting you?!” I raise my voice a little, “It’s a mistake!!” he tries to express with his cuffed hands before he is smacked on the back of the head, “And why is he coming in with me? Do you think he is a murderer too?” he scoffs, referring to me. “Quiet now, and no for aiding and abetting an interstellar criminal.” She states as we are steered away from humans, likely to where ever they his their ship- or for an off to the side area to beam us up? I still wasn’t sure about all this alien stuff. Then again I still couldn’t believe I was going to go to jail because some weird alien flung himself at me.

As it turned out we got beamed onto the ship, and quickly got thrown in a cell after entering the ship. Also the little girl was now a skinny 6-foot alien with purple skin and completely red eyes, and yellow markings. At least it was less creepy then the little girl with the balloon. Those are never to be trusted, I’d seen the movies. They never end well. After some speech, or maybe a reprimanding, I hadn’t really listened, the alien walked off. Kyp had been glancing around the cell, while I eyed the guard as He tried to figure out a way out. I followed him as he wandered about the cell, our hands were still cuffed. “So once again, why do they think your a criminal, the full story, and how do you plan on finding a way out of here??” I quietly say to him, a little annoyed. In response he simply took the had off his head and shoved it onto my head, silent at first as if tried to fix it so I could see. “It was a mistake, I was tricked.” He starts, before shaking his head, “But that’s not the point right now, I need to focus.” Kyp states as he continues to glance about.

Before Kyp can come up with ever genius plan he had been plotting, there is a massive explosion somewhere off in the distance. All the lights start flashing red and alarms started to go off, hurting my ears. The ship seemed to be in a panic as then the seeming intruders reached us. The guard was taken out quickly before the door was roughly opened. We were yanked out and taken somewhere, I wasn’t sure because of the helmets they threw over our heads. What I did know was that we became weightless. There was another explosion, it sent my ears ringing, as if they might burst.

When the helmets were finally removed, I wasn’t really sure how much time had passed since I might of passed out. “Why did you rescue us?” Kyp immediately demands. Clearly he didn’t know them. The one who seemed to be the purple-faced leader smiled with a shrug, “Totally not because it will make the fed’s thing this was a large scale operation and start by targeting all your friends, family and rivaling parties as to weed out the murders of their dear president, and keep all focus away from me. Totally not that at all.” he grins. Well. That had been a surprisingly straightforward answer. It kind of caught me off guard. “Of course we also plan on leaving you on some random rural planet for the police to find ya’” The narrow faced man grins once more before I feel a sharp pain in the side of my head, and everything goes black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back