• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Colosseum The Floating City Interest check

ZeiruliousMakavar

The Archon of Madness
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I came up with an interesting idea a bit ago, an entire city filled with combatants in a tournament of a different design. That is, the entire city is the battle ground, much like in the Battle City arc of the original Yu-gi-oh show/manga. But with a twist. The tournament won't end. The city is a sovereign nation, where power is everything. The strongest 10 form a Council that governs every aspect of the city, from the taxes that people pay, to how much people earn for participating in sanctioned matches.

The city itself is a floating satellite-like platform that is the size of a major metropolis. with all the amenities and benefits of such a thing. As well, there are teleportation rings that teleport people from everywhere to the city, should they chose to join the perpetual tourney. And when I say everywhere... I mean everywhere. All they need, is a letter of admission to the city, declaring them a combatant in the largest tournament in the world.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar No problem. A question:

How will the Council be determined ? WIll it be those who have the greatest number of wins in a combative manner ? And, will NPC's be allowed in this RP ?

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar No problem. A question:

How will the Council be determined ? WIll it be those who have the greatest number of wins in a combative manner ? And, will NPC's be allowed in this RP ?

The council will be determined thusly; There are four types of matches that can happen inside The Floating City. The first two are simple. Unofficial and Sanctioned matches. Unofficial have no rules and can happen at any moment and place. Sanctioned matches are the main source of income for fighters, as they're the only ones where they get paid for winning. Sanctioned Matches require a third party to referee the match. Then there's the other two. Challenge and Dynastic. Challenge, is for a position as one of the 9 Consuls of the Council. Any person with 99 consecutive Sanctioned match wins can challenge any of the 9 consuls for their title. Dynastic, are only for Consuls, and they can challenge the current Emperor/Empress of The Floating City for THEIR title.

While everything is voted on by the Council, only the Emperor/Empress has veto power. That is, what they say, goes.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar Hey im interested if its still open

It indeed is still open.

It's suppose to be fandom, multi fandom to be precise only according to the tags. If she decides something else... Well... I won't be against it.

So.... Another question ...Have these 9 consuls of the council been determined already, or is it first come, first serve when the character sign up is made ?

Sweet and are you thinking sci-fi or fantasy?

Like what I've done before, it'll be a mix of sci-fi and fantasy. Think Warhammer 40k kind of Sci-fi.

It's suppose to be fandom, multi fandom to be precise only according to the tags. If she decides something else... Well... I won't be against it.

So.... Another question ...Have these 9 consuls of the council been determined already, or is it first come, first serve when the character sign up is made ?

While yes, the multi-fandom tag is there, I only used that as the premise being the multi-dimensional tag. That is, as that implies, people are pulled into the Floating City from everywhere quite literally.

And if the "She" you're referring to is me, then that would be "He" properly, as last I checked, I am not a she.

On your question, the 9 consuls are both already decided and at the same time first come first serve. I have a single rule of thumb when dealing with RPs where people can play roles such as the 9 Consuls and the Emperor/Empress. That is, if you PM me interest in playing one, and give me a character that fits the underlying plot that I'm planning, then I'll give the a-okay for you to just that. But beyond that, they're generally going to be unnamed NPCs that pop up in passing only.

ok then thanks for answering all of the questions!!!! when do you think you'd like to get started?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back