• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Flight of the Falcon

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Soviet Panda

Red Panda Commanda.
Roleplay Type(s)
The Falcon, the faithful old tub that she was, sat lazily at port, at the Fleet City of Dhuville. She had taken quite the beating on her latest voyage. The late Captain Shelby had wanted to save on fuel and so had The Falcon low in the sky and close to the Veil. Something noticed them, and thought they looked tasty. And while The Falcon and the majority of her crew managed to escape, Captain Shelby was unfortunately pulled overboard by a lashing tendril. And though they may have been a bit of a cheapskate, they were a decent enough captain to warrant a moment of silence before Gunner Kan was swiftly promoted to Captain, due mostly in part to his experience.

Unaware of what the rest of the crew was doing with their unscheduled stop at port, Otrygg was frantically scurrying throughout the guts of his ship, sealing holes as best he could while also trying to calm the distressed Flight Engine, all the while giving everything even remotely related to the Lift Crystal a mistrustful look as if this was all it's fault. "Easy now, dear," he muttered into his beard, "I'll have you in fighting order soon enough. I just need to find what ails you. And keep that damnable pilot away. She thinks you're about five decades younger than you are, and expects to much from you. To much from us! There is only so much I can coax out of your tired pistons." So engrossed was he in his mutterings and fixing of The Falcon that he was almost unaware of the rest of the world as he wove his way around the many pipes, chains, and cables that gave The Flacon life.

The tragic departure of Captain Shelby, greed-plagued as he was, warranted a moment of silence from all even Navigator Rekar's cold, cold heart. For a moment only, as the Aether mystic returned to working in his abode aboard the Falcon. Faithful ship, faithful ship did the mystic chant into his papers and ink-stained hands. A chant with no mystical properties, but one that soothes the mind and tranquilises the soul. The carmine shine of his black-purple suit gently illuminated the room's void-black interior. The darkness echoed twice over in the room, people would find it hard to see even with lamp bulbs. The scritch-scratching of his fountain pen soon came to a grind halt as Rekar completely charted out the courses for the Falcon after this impromptu pit-stop ends.

A battered chair scraped across the floor, peeling dust or flooring -- it was impossible to tell in the umbra. The mystic gazed at his hands, the soft light peering through the black ink. Eldritch words sang out in a melodious fashion, like a singer on stage. The ink flew off his hands with disturbingly organic behaviour, a thousand flies suddenly noticing they were being ambushed by a predator. Counting the steps, Rekar pattered his away through the room's messy arrangement despite barring anyone from entry, he really should devote time to cleaning it up. The knob on his door swashed right then left, sinking the bolt inward. The door creaked with a strained moan as light rushed into the darkened room. The elf's eyes were assaulted, having long adjusted to the blackness. An armoured hand swam up to swat away the rays from his eyes. "Damnable things." He mouthed, whisper-voice edged with scorn.

The mystic traveled in the belly of the beast before being spat out onto the deck of the ship. "Where is everyone?" Said Rekar.

"Blast if I know. Otrygg was thumping around down below, probably still there." Came the reply from Aurin, who sat on a crate, her feet kicked up on the side of the ship as she bit into some bread. Her armor was on, save for her helmet which rested on the ground.

Finally, she turned her head towards Rekar, dipping her head in greeting at the dark elf. "Haven't seen anyone else since I've been up here, honestly." She told him, dropping her feet which produ a solid metal on metal clank as she sat up.

With no captain that morning, she wasn't really sure WHAT they were going to do, surely appoint a new one, but with no one to give her orders, she was just sort of milling about. Besides, she knew Otrygg was down in the ships belly, trying to get repairs made, something Aurin figured would best be done alone until he requested help.

Oh well another captain down shame really Odolvo, was hoping to study the creature at least but no it just had to eat the captain oh well they’d already gotten a new one so long as the ship flew and crew lived or got injured and survived he’d have a job, and oh well he’d need to patch up any injuries that occurred annoying he‘d run out of clean fabric for bandages, infections where the worst the never made anything interesting people just dropped dead hardly a good thing no no, the ship needed it’s crew alive and Odolvo needed his patients.. the elf scurried his way to the upper deck blood splatter on his tunic. “Well I must say that beast was certainly a curious one hmm sad no one was injuried by it, It would have been so inter to study how it wounded its targets tho I’m no airship biologist so the hull damage is hmm uninteresting“ Odolvo spouted out despite the lack of anyone asking as was the elf’s nature eye twitching as he glanced around.

The mystic of navigation cuffed his waist as a sound bounced to the back of his armored head. Revolving to meet the speaker, Rekar saw the purple-maned and armored gunnery master of the Falcon, Aurin. The black-garbed navigator stowed a hand behind his back and declined his head to return the greeting that she sent towards him. "Likely, they are holed up in the lower levels," Stated the Elf matter-of-factly whilst directing a gracile finger to the floor. "or they're perusing the city for wares, meals, and-or baubles." The air twinged with the aroma of the nearby city, assaulting the secluded elf's nasals through the olfactory filters. "We could go out and search for them, Otrygg is not... Incapable for his age when it comes to defending this vessel." Just before the Warlock could continue his suggestion, another crewmate spoke up. Odolvo idly complained about the lack of interesting dissections. The navigator spiraled his eyes around in abject annoyance.

The mystic stalked to the gangway. "Or we could wait up for them here." The elf leaned against the side in a faux display of relaxation, purposefully mindful not to over-lean so that he falls overboard. "Speaking of Captains. Have you given it any thought as to who'll lead us? I'm not an ideal candidate. Too..." Rekar swirled his hand in search for the perfect word. "Evanescent. Plus I never really wish to lead in the first place." Said Rekar, apropos of nothing.

TheWestwardShadow TheWestwardShadow
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
Antaine Laurens
Antaine tried not to think about Captain Shelby, but the sight of him being dragged overboard remained ingrained in his mind. He had been trying to take his mind off things by throwing himself into his duties, but there was only so much he could clean before being ready to do something else. Anything else. All the cargo had been unloaded upon arrival at Dhuville, and Antaine dared not try and help Otrygg. In normal times, maybe, but there was enough tension in the air without him getting in the way of the neurotic dwarf.

Perhaps things would be better on land? Antaine felt like a break, and he hadn't gotten the chance to explore yet. He was sure he could cram in some fun before their departure. Or at least he could check out the view. Stowing the cleaning supplies away, Antaine wandered up to the deck, hearing a few voices as he approached.

Wandering up to his crewmates, he chimed in. "Doesn't matter to me who leads, long as they're able to." He tried to hide any negative emotions as he spoke, "I don't want that job either though- Not that I'm experienced enough for it anyway, haha."

He walked over to the edge of the deck, looking over at the port. "Anyone know how long we have before we set off?"

* ~ Sugar ~ * ~ Click ~ *

Sugar-Small.jpg
Click-Small.jpg
The cable car jerked before stopping dead, forcing all passengers to hold tight onto poles, belongings and/or seat edges. It happened twice now and twice now, no single passenger paid any mind despite the car bobbing up and down, mid-air above nothingness.

The warbling sound of the vibrating cable ceased and all that could be heard was harsh chuffing, sniffling, and whimpering. All eyes turned to the immense armoured woman at the open double doors. One huge, green-skinned hand clutched tight the doorframe, the other pressed folds of her pink cloak against her face. But even such a thing could not halt the salty liquid leaking through, running down her cheeks and dripping off her chin.

A non-armoured and tinier version of the crying woman held an arm around the other's wide hips, patting softly yet rhythmically at the small of the larger woman's back. She had kicked aside most of the packs of supplies and gear, but stood on a crate due to being vertically challenged. A soft, pleading smile held at the smaller tusked female's lips, blue eyes trying to catch the same hued eyes of the armoured one.

"Awwwwwww, Sugar... not now... we almost at dock..." 'Sugar' was not a term of endearment, it actually was what the crew of the Falcon named her. The patting stopped and the embrace pulled tighter, "Listen... ey... ey, listen... I got you, Shugs. But not here, 'kay? Cinch it up. Just let it out in quarters on the fly-boat..."

Harsh whispers. Even harsher laughter. The rude onlookers did not even turn away nor cover their despicable mouths.

"Gunna be one hell of a flood there then... look'it the size o' her... hahahahah...!"

The smaller sister released the larger one, yet they remained joined together by a single hand. As she turned to face the 3 gigglers, her eyes lit up and crystalized icy blue. Heat rippled through her hair and puffed up off her shoulders, seemingly kept down only by the band of her goggles. Despite the heat, an otherworldly chill rippled away from the diminutive female, the cold biting to the bone; promises of dire consequences to come.

A pair of passengers wise to what was happening gestured religious wards in the air and pulled away, begging for it to all stop.

The pair knew the signs that Hellfire was about to errupt.

Suddenly the larger one enveloped the smaller one with an enormous hug from behind. She picked her sister up like a ragdoll and smooshed her leaky face into her cherry black hair.

"No, Clickie. No pain. No hurt. Not now. Let's just... let's just..." the moment after she said her next words, she broke down into inconsolable sobs and tears, "...g-go home."

Click's eyes instantly returned to normal and the temperature of the interior normalized as well. Her lower lip trembled now. She then spun around, reached up and hugged Sugar around the neck. Oh that hit her in the feels alright. Hard. Click's little body shuddered with each sob as she wept.

The Falcon was their home. And it was sooooooo empty there without Captain. And it killed that much more that the sisters bore the responsibility of Captain's death in their hearts, and even worse, their minds.

The cable car stopped bouncing finally. And finally Click lowered herself. The little thing turned whilst clearing her throat, breaking the awkward silence;
"Captain Shelby of the Falcon was... killed in action. Recently, on an errant mission, the Falcon was lowered near the Veil to conserve fuel. Captain, on deck, was surprised attacked, pulled overboard and ultimately consumed by a Veil Beast. Gunner Sugar was on guard duty. Pilot Click had orders to maintain position. Pilot Click saw anomolous activity on sensors. She should have hit red alert and flown off. My gosh... w-why didn't I launch...?! Why didn't I just launch when--"

Several hands reached out to the pair of sisters and gently stroked and patted them. They had no idea who Click nor Sugar was, perhaps not even Captain Shelby and the Falcon, but regardless, all in this cable car knew what it was like to lose crew. Several shaky exhales were heard and several made their way to comfort the pair of females; they must have lost their dear Captains too.

The three gigglers also stood, closed in, and pressed all gathered into a group hug. Every single one aboard here knew of loss, and of pain. Yet some here even knew the sheer weight of survivor's guilt the sisters were experiencing.

The cable car finally lurched into motion, yet all still held hugging together tight, 10 strong until their transport reached its terminal end at the docks.

Last edited:
Captain Ibis, captain Kan... Either would do for addressing the newest captain of the falcon. It has been a eventful week to say the least that's for sure. Kan joined the crew five days ago and on the first mission he was present for the captain got swooped up and probably eaten by a monster. Luckily the ship and crew escaped mostly unmolested but without leadership to give orders they survived by experience and luck. The words of Kan may have helped but he just vocalised what most would have wanted to say. "get us the fuck out of here make for port!!" somehow, command was given to a drunk gunner named Kan Ibis... Heavy are the shoulders of one who makes decisions hungover.

When the falcon was safe someone actually made a crack at Kan about being captain, "with your resume your probably the next in line, like first mate haha... pretty funny that"
A joke Kan was going to take seriously seeing as most of the crew either had no idea who should be in charge or assumed the new gun would be captain due to a history of working many ships.
bit of a red flag if you asked him but he wouldn't answer honestly anyway.

There was three tasks for mr Ibis to get done, first being transfer ownership of the falcon from a deceased captain Shelby to one Captain Kan Ibis... You'd be surprised at the fuckaround of it all, waiting in lines, waiting for verification and whatnot. Should just take someone at their word and the process would be quicker and cheaper.

Second task was to restock on needed supplies and maybe get a drink. Actually as Captain, the second task is to get the falcon a job... can't buy rum without money, it's no longer a matter of getting paid to kill/protect shit. Now Kan was the man, the man to try and get the falcon paid overall for killing or protecting shit.
It was more of a challenge than the first task but in a different way. Would hitting up a company be the best deal or would illegal activities prove more beneficial...
Just to be safe Kan has spent most of the day lining up three potential jobs...

1) Smuggling, something illegal needs to be elsewhere quickly which is dangerous but also somewhat easy. Could probably do this in tandem with the company job...

2) Company job, some assholes need tech moved but not to the point it's worth risking one of their own ships. If it was something amazing we could steal it but it's probably not worth getting blacklisted...

3) Hunting for beasties, some ultra rich shithead is offering big money for rare animal/monsters dead or alive. Big money sure but that job seems much more bullshit in the short term... especially with what happened to captain Shelby.
rest in peace, though perhaps his death could rally the falcon into a quest for revenge and pay...

Kan returned to the falcon and proceeded with a announcement stating "Captain Kan Ibis speaking, I've transferred ownership of the Falcon to my name and ive also sniffed out some job opportunities. As I'm fairly new here I wanted to let you know I won't run this ship as a dictator, your opinions matter to me and my job running the chain of command. For any wanted to speak further about these jobs I'll be waiting by the fridge for some questions an answers."
With that done Kan lit a rolled smoke and nursed a bottle of rum.
===========================
Lemme know if I need to change anything or if I got the whole thing wrong.
I'm happy with Kan being killed immediately if I'm not writing up to standard lol

Last edited:
The gloom-hounded navigator popped his collar when the youngest deckhand spoke up about his thoughts on the matter. At last, someone to dull the edge of boredom. Cross armed, Rekar listened to the youngin nodding along with his statements. "Quite so," Said Rekar. A finger slid under his armoured chin. "Navigations are set. I dare say the only thing holding us back is Otrygg's seal of approval for the ship and a new captain." The elf began to pace steadily around the deck. Taking further measures to combat idleness, perhaps he should have delayed plotting out courses. Consulting three different star charts by different authors, reading up about the locale, fiddling with the accursed impreciseness of the distance scales, and all the other banal duties of the navigator. Rekar spat a disgruntled sigh as his fingers swam up in front of him. The space atop his index and middle finger distorted briefly before a flame, tiny and insubstantial, birthed itself into being. At least the arcane still provided a measure of mental somnolence.

Then as the elf orbited over the deck, his eyes were caught by Kan Ibis' presence aboard the ship. He stopped, the coattails carried onwards wrapping around his calves. Once the announcement completed, Rekar reflexively saluted and spouted his fealty to the new Captain. "Ay, ay, Captain." Rekar spoke with none of the enthusiasm that befitted those words. Though not actually disappointed, simply engaging in his habitual behaviours.

He stalked the Captain to the fridge to sequester information about the jobs, he expects the others to follow as well.

"List the jobs, Captain. We're all eager to know."

Cable Car Station
BuggaBoo BuggaBoo
After the cable car came to a stop, those closest to the door quickly and carefully got out, while those in the back gently pulled away, some giving the two girls a sad smile of understanding. None of them said anything further to the two, except for one woman who spoke up. "Excuse me, you two girls." It was an elderly woman, greying hair tucked under a brightly red and gold bandana and dressed in the traditional fashion of the Nomads. She was being helped off the cable car by one of the three gigglers, a lanky young man that looked similar to the smaller woman. "Thank you Joshua, now get home and do your chores else I'll tell your mother what you were doing." With a shooing motion, she sent the young man on his way.

"They're a sweet boy, they all are, truly. But they got more clouds than sense in between their ears." She told them as she hurried over, moving with the nimble yet sure steps of a woman born aboard. "But they should've known better. I'd like to apologize myself. And if it's not to much to ask, give you an easy job to do. If you're able, I know how busy it can get aboard a ship, especially in these trying times. Stop by The Waterfowl, here dockside, and ask for Mama Jeta if you're interested. At the very least, stop by for a warm meal. I know my father's secret recipe for Spiced Funnel cake, it's always cheered me up when I needed it." And with that and a sad smile that shared in their hurt, she excused herself to disappear down one of the many streets leading off of the station.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The ship leaves when I say it leaves!" Bellowed Otrygg from below deck, a vent nearby jostling as he jabbed it with an extended omni-tool. "And I have tasks for you, boy, once you are back." Truth be told, he wouldn't leave without Antaine, for he was fairly certain The Falcon had taken a liking to the boy. What that meant for him, he didn't want to think to much about. At best, the old girl will refuse to function without her beloved child on board. At worst, he would get himself an apprentice. He hoped it was the former rather than the latter.
The Jobs
  1. A shady looking fellow had pulled the freshly minted Captain Kan Ibis aside, somehow seeming to know a fresh captain desperate for a job when they saw one. The man offered him a proposition, carry a few tens of pounds of only slightly illegal Silver, a highly addictive cocktail made from seemingly anything and a dash of Aether to give it it's silvery sheen. And in return they get a portion of the predicted profits upon delivery, no strings attached. All they ask is that you don't narc, and that if they were interested to meet them beneath the Main Propeller of the Fleet City to take on their cargo
  2. Robert Royale, a fancy smancy fuddy duddy here at Dhuville, which made him a nobody anywhere else, is seeking to expand his business of Aetheric Infused glass, allowing it to be tinted and shaded to whatever color and degree with a simple flick of the wrist. Robert would, of course, compensate you for fuel as well as supply their own containers for transportation in exchange for a respectable 150,000 credits, a good chunk towards refitting The Falcon, or even flat out upgrading her if one could convince the old dwarf.
  3. Lila Kendell is insistent on obtaining a Tonitru, a feathered creature known for residing within storms and scavenging off the flotsam that inevitably gathers around them. She claims they are the most beautiful blue she's ever seen, and demands you bring one to her, preferably alive. Though she is not against stuffing a dead one if it is brought back in good shape.

Sugar-Small.jpg
Click-Small.jpg
Sugar's face finally pulled together acting and looking much closer to her old self; the bright eyed, gentle giant (when not in badass kill mode). Well, almost. Despite finding comfort in what she was used to, heavy-lifting and simple tasks, the hint of smile at the corners of her tusked mouth was sorely missing. The last of the near 550lbs worth of sacks and crates filled with gear and supplies was loaded onto the back of the trailer and Sugar worked her way to each side to double check each tie-down.

The smaller Click was doing as Click does and making her familiar tongue-clicking sounds as she went through the clipboard, double checking inventory. The clicking soon enough incorporated a hum to it and finally a danceable tune started to flow out from her mouth. Shoulders and hips soon found the rhythm and her little body began to dance.

At first, Sugar just tried to look away from her sister and make her way to the front of the trailer to take position for the ride back to the Falcon. But as soon as Click started to hip bump with her, Sugar could not help but bump back with her own generous hips. A hint of a humour, blue eyes shone, cheeks filled with colour again. If only for a moment, Click had done her job; she brightened up her sisters mood and made her smile.

"Excuse me, you two girls." It was an elderly woman, greying hair tucked under a brightly red and gold bandana and dressed in the traditional fashion of the Nomads. She was being helped off the cable car by one of the three gigglers, a lanky young man that looked similar to the smaller woman. "Thank you Joshua, now get home and do your chores else I'll tell your mother what you were doing.

"Ey yeah, that's right Joshua, you best do double chores unless you want Auntie Clickie here to smack some sense into you then hang you up on the cables by your drawers!!" Click called over to the boy as he rushed away, shaking a gloved fist at the youth. Without looking at Sugar's disdaining face, she suddenly added, "I kid, I kid, jokes n' jokes... but for real though you can tell your mom I'll be over to--"

A big green hand covered up a big green mouth. The owner of the silencing big hand sighed before smiling politely and giving a gracious nod, "Hail to ya, ma'am. Excuse my sister, she's just... 'like that.' So what can us girlies do ya for?"

"They're a sweet boy, they all are, truly. But they got more clouds than sense in between their ears." She told them as she hurried over, moving with the nimble yet sure steps of a woman born aboard. "But they should've known better. I'd like to apologize myself. And if it's not to much to ask, give you an easy job to do. If you're able, I know how busy it can get aboard a ship, especially in these trying times. Stop by The Waterfowl, here dockside, and ask for Mama Jeta if you're interested.

Sugar looked the woman up and down before nodding once more, "Mama Jeta...? I'm Sugar and this is Click. We'd be honoured and blessed to help you ou--OOOWW!"

Click bit down hard on her sister's hand then wriggled her way out of Sugar's grasp, "Ey yeah, well you can see, Mommy that we are just a liiiiiiiiitle bit kiiiiiiiiinda' busy with..." Click made an over-exagerrated sweeping gesture at the trailer and Powder, her tricked out, Lift crystal powered, two-wheeled Beast, "...like 537lbs of gear, supplies and all that good stuff sundry!! So you'll have to excuse us for giving you a biiiiiiit of a big, fat, N-to-the-O."

At the very least, stop by for a warm meal. I know my father's secret recipe for Spiced Funnel cake, it's always cheered me up when I needed it." And with that and a sad smile that shared in their hurt, she excused herself to disappear down one of the many streets leading off of the station.

Sugar's eyes were wide and trembling. She reached out and grabbed her sister by the scruff and nearly lifted her off her feet as she spun her around. The immense gunner hunkered down and cupped her mouth, speaking in a harsh whisper, "Clickie! Sis, what in the UnderVeil was all that...?! Ya just mouthed off a sweet, ol' lady looking for some help from us young, strappin' girlies...! I mean, sis, I'm embarrassed by your words and actio--"

"Alright, you hold it right there. Shugs. Sis... what did I tell you about marks, scams and ruses again...? Ya just cannot be trusting the first face that gives ya a sobbing story and a sweetened offer...! I had even half the mind to get ya to grab her, flip her upsidedown, shake her till all her lies and cons fell out of her. Did you not see that look on her face when she left...? Tell, me, sis. Tell me true, Shugs that you did not buy into that puffed out lower lip and shiny, puppy dog-eyed look she gave us to win us over--"

Sugar's lower lip puffed out and her blue eyes shone with a puppy dog-eyed look.

"--okay fine! Fiiiiiiiiine...! Just to make you happy and rid ya face of that look, we'll at least tell the mates that we just might have scored a free meal at the 'Foul Mama Bird's' place--"

"It's Waterfowl, sis--"

"Yeah, okay...! That place. But you let me do the talking, 'kay? Otie n' Wreckie might not take so kindly to a possible con by that Mommy Jester--"

"It's Mama Jeta, sis--"

"Yeah, okay...! Her. But you..." Click pointed an accusing finger right into the tip of Sugar's nose, "you need to stop being so blooooooody trusting of people. Especially strangers. Like for instance.. 'member that time in the boondocks when that ass-hat sold you 'genuine' Rysa cat-tails and you bought them... like alllllll 159 of them...?! Yeah! Cuz I 'member. Aaaaand just what did I tell you back then...?"

Sugar sighed and stood back up to her full 6'5" tall massive frame, "Let Clickie do the talking, and let Shugs do the breaking..."

"That's right..! Don't you forget that. I talk. And when it don't turn out right, you break them. In half. Then again in half. And in half again so we can air-mail the bits back to their folks. And even then you need to stomp them with your big feet so that no evidence of their existence remains. A-stomp-stomp-stomp-stomp!! Wait, what's that still more evidence? A-stompStompStompStompieStompStomp--"

"Clickie... can we just go...? Please...?" Sugar had mounted and sat upon a crate in the trailer, facepalming in full display.

Blue eyes glinted before Click bounced off, giggling. She mounted her motorcycle, kicked the Lift crystal into life and they roared away off to the hangar-dock that housed the Falcon.

---

Earlier sad feels had been lessened by the kind act of strangers in the cable car, but upon coming within view of her, the pits of their stomachs fell and so did their spirits. Click hit the brakes and both women stared at their ol' rust bucket of a ship; the Falcon. She had been there for them for the past 4 years. And now, and only now did they both feel a sense of moving on from her; they both believed it was their fault that Captain was killed. But then again...

"We're here, Click... We home."

"Full on affirmative to that, Sugar. We home..."

Both stared a hearbeat longer, wistful yet affirmed smiles at their tusked mouths. Click revved up Powder and drove her beast onto the ramp and into the cargo bay. Once inside, she parked near the empty loader and palattes. A sigh, then she lifted her goggles, glancing around fondly at the interior of the cargo bay. Blue eyes met blue eyes, both nodded and dismounted from their respective spots.

"Lore!! Loresie-boy!!" Click put fingers in her mouth and whistled loudly, "Ey! Where you at now, Soldier...?!"

Sugar had a brief look around for Antaine then she just shrugged and went over to the tie-downs of the trailer and began to undo them. "He is probably on cleaning detail on deck, sis. We can just start unloading."

"Yeah well. I'll be on 'kicking his ass right here' detail if he don't hurry up some..." Click chuckled.

"Captain Kan Ibis speaking, I've transferred ownership of the Falcon to my name and ive also sniffed out some job opportunities. As I'm fairly new here I wanted to let you know I won't run this ship as a dictator, your opinions matter to me and my job running the chain of command. For any wanted to speak further about these jobs I'll be waiting by the fridge for some questions an answers."

Both females shot bolt upright. Instantly both met each other's wide eyed gaze, both with the exact same thought, Captain Kan Ibis...? But he just joined not even 5 days ago.

Click shook her head slowly and let out an even slower whistle, "Oooooh... this is gunna be good, Shugs... copy that?"

Sugar took in a sharp inhale and let out an even sharper exhale, "Full on affirmative to that, sis..."

Last edited:
Antaine Laurens
Antaine remained leaning over the deck, scanning the skyline as Rekar replied to him. "Guess we need to find out where we're headed as well..." A shout from below startled the young crew member as he stood to attention to listen to Otrygg's orders. Though unsure at first where the dwarf was lurking, he soon realised he was below them, just as expected.

"Yessir!" He barked back without a moment's hesitation. He couldn't help but wonder if Otrygg could be coaxed away from the ship without him retreating back at the first opportunity. Something to try... another day. A more joyful day, perhaps. There are a lot of places to see in this world.

Fortunately, the newly appointed Captain arrived, with promises of jobs and fair leadership. Antaine didn't have much of a read on Kan, both being new additions to the ship, but anyone's better than no one. The sight of Kan already with alcohol was concerning, but Antaine was not there to lecture anyone on their habits, even if they could lead to disaster.

"Glad to hear we're back on track. I won't let you down, Captain." With a determined nod, he let Kan get back to business, and slipped away to find the resident mechanic.

"Hey, Otrygg?" Antaine crept below where he had been standing moments prior, searching for the dwarf. "Is there anything you need? Any tools, materials, while we're docked? Was thinking 'bout taking a walk into the town anyway, before we have to go." He was unaware that the sisters, Sugar and Click, had already been on a supply run, and that there was stuff for him to help unload in the cargo bay.

Sugar-Small.jpg
Click-Small.jpg
The vibe was much more sombre than usual, as was their regular unloading procedure and antics in the cargo bay. Under normal circumstances, Sugar would lift and carry then nod, smile and laugh in the right places as Click would pace back and forth, practically dancing, with a clip board, and, at the behest of the Bosun, she would talk and talk and talk and talk.

Click spouted off about anything really. And although most of it was just rants and ramblings, Sugar would nonetheless enjoy her company and the energy her sister brought. Sometimes it truly was hard for the big, multi-ethnicity female to follow Click’s thought processes but Click was rather sympathetic and patient with Sugar. The smaller sister would definitely love to re-word her thoughts again and again and again for her sister. And why not? It allowed her to keep talking. The only time she really stopped talking was when she was asleep. Even then, the little thing would mumble, laugh and move her lips in the confines of her bed.

But as of now, this was not normal circumstances. And it truly was much, much quieter in the cargo bay. And both seemed to be content with just working in silence. There was much to contemplate and they could easily lose themselves in their thoughts; Sugar went about doing the heavy lifting and unloading whilst Click would take note of the inventory and organize the smaller and easier to manage items. Should the Bosun walk in, they would be pleasantly surprised, and relieved, finally to have the calm and quiet in their domain while Click was present.

Yet when it was time for smoke break, the silence got to the little green thing. The duo sat on the upper edge of the cargo bay ramp, both pairs of blue eyes staring out into the hustle and bustle of all the other crews loading and unloading their sky-boats moored at the other hangar-dockside bays.

Click took one last drag of her cigarette, leaned into her sister warmly and sighed
, “Ey. I’mma head up and get details on the next course of action. You okay to keep going…? Dunno what happened to Loresie-boy but if I see him, I’ll grab him by the ear and drag him down here, kicking his ass and lecturing him about punctuality while I do so. Cuz I can multitask.”

Sugar smiled, took a drag from her cigarette. A plume of smoke she exhaled as she shook her head, “I can just call him over loudspeaker, ya know…”

“Ey! Where’s the fun in that? So anyways… You have any questions for… um… the new Cap– the new owner, Con Artist–”

“Kan Ibis, sis–”

“Yeah, okay… Him. So anywaaaaays... You gots anything for him…?”

“Ummmm… uhhhhh. Yeah. Ask him if he’s all good. Like ask him how his day’s going, ‘kay?”

Click headbutt her sister’s arm thrice before pressing her tusked face into the big muscular thing, “Oh, Cherri… girl… Aaaaand that’s why they call her 'Sugar'…” her voice was muffled but the giggle was quite apparent.

Eyebrows raised, Sugar had no idea what that meant nor the reason her sister addressed her with Sugar’s familial nickname
. “Corki…? This is why they call you 'Click'…” a series of clicking sounds she let out of her mouth.

Click burst out laughing and immediately hugged her sister. Confused at first, Sugar winced, but as soon as she figured out the laughter was not at her but at what she said, she blushed and joined in. Both laughed until tears streamed down their eyes.

The door to the captain’s quarters was wide open. Strutting slowly to the opening, she could see her Navigator’s back just beyond the door frame. And all she could do was stare at the fabric of his back. If one were to ask her what colour it was, she could not tell you at the moment. Her gaze was locked there not out of fixation but to allow her to avert her eyes. She did not want to look at the door itself. Especially the plaque hung there. Click did not want to know if Captain Shelby’s name had already been replaced.

When she finally arrived she took pause. For the first time in nearly 4 years, she did not just burst in blabbering away and bouncing around. No, instead, she removed her cap and held it at waist height.

The little thing cleared her throat and knocked. As soon as requested in, she stepped across the threshold.

And for the first time since she met Rekar, she did not say anything witty nor did she sass her Navigator. No, instead she just nodded at him politely before turning to Kan. There was a look on her face that had not been there since she was lead Pilot at the helm of the Nomad flagship, The Prestidigitator. Professional and placid.

“Pilot Click reporting in with a copy of the inventory.” she held one sheet out for Rekar since he was assistant to the Bosun, the other the held until requested to hand it over, “Gunner Sugar continuing to unload and restock. Awaiting further orders…”

A deep breath she took,
“...C-Captain Ibis.”

Rekar was the first to approach the captain as he took a swig of rum and offered a smile. "The jobs? Let me elaborate some..."
The Jobs
  1. A shady looking fellow had pulled the freshly minted Captain Kan Ibis aside, somehow seeming to know a fresh captain desperate for a job when they saw one. The man offered him a proposition, carry a few tens of pounds of only slightly illegal Silver, a highly addictive cocktail made from seemingly anything and a dash of Aether to give it it's silvery sheen. And in return they get a portion of the predicted profits upon delivery, no strings attached. All they ask is that you don't narc, and that if they were interested to meet them beneath the Main Propeller of the Fleet City to take on their cargo
  2. Robert Royale, a fancy smancy fuddy duddy here at Dhuville, which made him a nobody anywhere else, is seeking to expand his business of Aetheric Infused glass, allowing it to be tinted and shaded to whatever color and degree with a simple flick of the wrist. Robert would, of course, compensate you for fuel as well as supply their own containers for transportation in exchange for a respectable 150,000 credits, a good chunk towards refitting The Falcon, or even flat out upgrading her if one could convince the old dwarf.
  3. Lila Kendell is insistent on obtaining a Tonitru, a feathered creature known for residing within storms and scavenging off the flotsam that inevitably gathers around them. She claims they are the most beautiful blue she's ever seen, and demands you bring one to her, preferably alive. Though she is not against stuffing a dead one if it is brought back in good shape.
Kan explained how a Shady fellow who goes by Harwick offered a illegal job. A old drinking buddy said he used to work with a guy who went by 'Harwick' and that old buddy is still drinking today. Maybe dangerous but probably fine so long as the buyer and seller are on good terms.

The second job was more what Kan tried to sell, well doing both jobs would be best but the captain wouldn't start making decisions until a general consensus was made from some of the crew.
The third job seemed like a hassle for the work that would be done... Kan was sure to reiterate that.
"not to sure on surfing outside the storm watching for blue monsters with some big ass net cannons. Seems expensive on our end for potentially more damage to the falcon and it's crew."

The sound of one proclaiming not to let him down got a response with the same enthusiasm, "Starting strong but steady don't you worry lad!"
Some finger guns sent Antaine off before he returned the attention to the first conversation. "don't be afraid to speak your mind, I've not been a week on this old bird I'd hate to rub the crew wrong"
That was when the pilot came to give some reports to Rekar.
Kan held a polite grin as he took a swig listening to what's happening. Click and Sugar as the crew calls them, Kan to but he was only following suit. "aye Click,I'll let ya know though no need for nerves with me. Speak with your chest and I'll always respond with the same confidence"
======================

When the new captain finally boarded and declared he'd collected some jobs, Aurin listened to each description carefully, thinking as she followed Sugar and Click down below.

The second job would pay well, as long as they could deliver the glass in one piece. Delivering the slightly illegal drink would offer more income, no tax since it was under the table, but at a higher risk, obviously, if they were caught.

Of course...if they picked up both jobs, some of the crew could deliver the alcohol undetected, while the rest delivered the glass, giving them an alibi.

Aurin moved to stand, snatching her helmet as she moved. "Kan is right about monster hunting, we're not in a great place if the ship takes more damage. We'd need upgraded netting cannons and guns."

It would be a tempting job, it sounded like fun in all honestly, anything she got to shoot or blow up was what her job was, after all. But he had to consider the safety of the ship and crew before anything else. She looked over at the two sisters, "What do you two think?"

Rekar nodded succinctly but politely at the Click, it is an exceptional and very much welcomed change of pace to not be on the receiving end of unfiltered sass from a half-pint orc. But the sunless elf was not a man who blinds himself to the reality of the world, though he won't admit or state it the sisters are quite capable at their jobs. Whilst the crew counseled between themselves, the Navigator examined the ship's manifest. The blue eyes of the elf scrolled like a hawk-shark on the paper then mentally noting important segments. He'll have to report to the captain later that they're down on medical supplies and the ones that they do have are rapidly approaching their expiry date. The carmine glow of his armour-stripes jostled when he turned to the others to voice his thoughts on the matter.

His throat swallowed wet doubts as always before speaking. "Ordinarily, I am one to boast about my mystical capabilities but I agree with Captain Ibis," Though it seemed casual, the mystic could still not fathom that Captain Shelby was dead though hours ago, his conscious mind accepted it. He supposes that it was a matter of habit. "Critter busting is not an activity that we can tackle at the moment so I purpose that we accept one of the transportation jobs. But just one. As tempting as accepting both thus double the payout, we'll be attracting unnecessary ire AND we might be crossing gang politics and I need not remind you that... Well, that would put us in an incredibly shitty situation to put it bluntly if our fortune be gloomy."

Odolvo
interaction:​
“Hmm yes yes lack of supplies for medical assistance precludes us form safely entering any sort of gang related conflicted transporting some glass seems safest option besides we might be able to get the falcon up t operation again yes hmm prehaps covninice our glorious mechanic to get me a better medical bay, after All, you all wouldn’t want to die now would you?” Odolvo smiled slyly brushing his hands against his robes. “Besides you know those types especially silver smugglers if anything they’d double cross us oh i do hate when suppliers do that nothing but spar parts left after real shame I do say“ the dark elf shook their head disappointed in something that happened in the past as was usual for the dark elf to never elaborate futher then an anecdote about something in their shady past.

Aboard the Falcon
Otrygg heard more than saw Antaine come down into the hold. The tell tale groaning of old metal under a bit of stress gave him away, as well as the clomping steps of the lads pipe kickers. The dwarf was inspecting a small tear in the metal hull. One of several and small, but still large enough to gingerly fit his hand through. And more terrifying for him, he could see the outside of the ship. That beasty had been whip quick, from what he knew about those sorts of things anyways, but it apparently had a bit of bite to it as well. If they ever ran into it again, he'd give it a piece of his mind. First for Captain Shelby, the stingy bastard though they were, and then for the Falcon.

"Come here, boy. Might as well show you what I'll be needing you for, since you decided to come pay me a visit before going out. Right here, the old girl's got a 'ole in her. Can't seal it proper from in here. Gonna need to do it from the outside, then smooth the welding flush with the rest of it. But if you so happen to find a good hull panel that's only about three credits, I'd much rather take that. Otherwise, you're gonna have to get me some of them real big welding rods and some fuel. Ms. Rihanna and Ms. Kianna have already gone out, so if they're back you might be in for a short trip, if all you were wanting to do was go shopping for me." And with that, he sent Antaine off. However, he quickly shouted out once more.

"One last thing. I heard the Kan's announcement over the speakers. Go figure out what he's got lined up. And if we got any business involving things with sharp bits and a nasty temper, you come running so I can straighten our new captain out and get any foolish ideas out of his head. She can punch off a Cloud Cutter when she's tip top, but we aren't tip top right now, now are we? Now off with ye, before the new captain thinks we should push off before I've even started on.... That." He gestured unsurely towards the Lift Crystal floating innocently in it's housing.

Sugar-Small.jpg
Click-Small.jpg
The little thing passed over the stack of papers denoting inventory and depleted stock.

White teeth bit down upon lower lip and that familiar clicking sound rattled away from her normally verbose mouth. A small nod then she decided to come forth with the event post cablecar ride.

Click ceased clicking then cleared her throat,
“A woman, elderly nomad, apparently took pity on Gunner Sugar and this Pilot and offered to chat at her establishment with the crew of the Falcon, C--" still the word hitched in her throat. Too soon. "--sir. Name of... ummm... Jeta. Mama Jeta. Establishment is the Waterfowl deeper into the Fleet City.”

The little thing nodded ready to be dismissed. Then in very Click-like fashion, she pressed her lips out, not really in a kissing motion, but to keep her lips puckered shut...

Kan held a polite grin as he took a swig listening to what's happening. Click and Sugar as the crew calls them, Kan to but he was only following suit. "aye Click,I'll let ya know though no need for nerves with me. Speak with your chest and I'll always respond with the same confidence--"

...but the invite was too much to bear.
The floodgates opened...
“Eyo, okayokayokay,kay? Soooooo like speaking of chest, let me get this offa mine... so like when we were purchasing supplies proper, there was this little quadriped thingie, like a dog, but more ugly. Then like these 4 kids start beating on this thing and like, you know me... I'm not one for dogs right? Right, but so then like outta nowhere... I. Just. Snapped. Like alla sudden I am chucking bits of debris at them and like they start laughing. Then like I'm pissed now right? Right, and like Shugs is nowhere in sight. So I need to take care of these 7 kids cuz now I'm in a 'situation.' I'm like this big. And they're like my size. But like there is 9 or 10 of them and! They start chucking debris back at me. But I'm quick right? Right. So they're like *fwip* and I'm like *ahah missed* and they're like *fwip-fvip-fvip-fvip-fwip-fvip-fwip-fvip-fwippity-fvipper-ka-blooooody-fwipper-fvips-!!* cuz there's like 13 or 14 of them right? But me? Naw, dun think soooooo! SO I'm dodging, dipping, flipping and jumping offa walls... nothing hits me. Like yeah, this ya girl right here! I'm all that and a sack of fritters amirite?! Tell it to the Underveil, ya girlie Clickie is clicking with Lift crystals! Whoooooo-hoooo me! Aurin-rin, High fives! No? Okayokayokay SELF-HIGH FIVE--"
Aurin moved to stand, snatching her helmet as she moved.
"Kan is right about monster hunting, we're not in a great place if the ship takes more damage. We'd need upgraded netting cannons and guns."
"--aaaaaanyways, they're all like stunned cuz I'm me and awesomer than an Aerial Whale haul. And so now like there is a crowd of citizens gathered. And they may or may not have known my name and may or may not have been chanting it and I may or may not have held up my hands and blown kisses to them. But Aaaaaanyways... so like as I'm trying to quiet down the crowd, these kids pull out shards of glass, metal shanks, and homemade blades AND! some even had spears with glass, metal and bladed ends! But like I've had enough. Cuz like there is 17-18 of them and like its just me. And you know me... I'm not like the best when it comes to pugilistic arts, right? Right. So I whip out my blasters, my sexy-sexy girlies, DJ and Pow, and like have this badass look on my face... like this. Eyo, Wreckie... Navs, check it. Is this not badder-ass than your own ass? Cuz my stank face is meaner than you're butt stank amirite? Hahahahhah... awwww yeah, me. I kid, I kid. Jokes n' Jokes, Navasaurus Wrex...! My helm-Elfin bruh...! Jokes, I said--"
--as tempting as accepting both thus double the payout, we'll be attracting unnecessary ire AND we might be crossing gang politics and I need not remind you that... Well, that would put us in an incredibly shitty situation to put it bluntly if our fortune be gloomy."
"--awwwww... you gots to learn to airy up! Aaaaaaaanyways... so they see my face and they know I'm serious now. Twin pistol weilding killer Click gunna be all up in all 20 of their faces now!! But I'll give 'em this; they brave to not run. They actually take a few steps forward. That was it. No more games. So I fire both pistols *BANG!! BANG!!* but not at them, skybound cuz they just kids even though there is like 24-25 of them right? Right. So they back down and turn tail and run. Shhhhhheeeeeeeeesh!! Look at them go right! But like in saving the gimped, ugly dog'driped I nearly kill it. Cuz now there's like almost 30 kids stampeding towards the thing that started this all in the first place. But then like outta nowhere, Sugar drops in from who knows where, like maybe a transmission tower, right, and like becomes a wedge so that like the 33 or 34 kids don't trample the ugly crippled mangy beast. And so like the kids are gone, and now that the spectacle is over, the crowd that may or may not have been cheering me on and may or may not have been spouting off my name in ecstacy have dispersed. All that's left is me, Shugs, and Dumbass the Ugly Dog. And so like Sugar asks if it can be saved if we bring it back to med bay to Doc Ol'Danko here and so like--"
“--Hmm yes yes lack of supplies for medical assistance precludes us form safely entering any sort of gang related conflicted transporting some glass seems safest option besides we might be able to get the falcon up t operation again yes hmm prehaps covninice our glorious mechanic to get me a better medical bay, after All, you all wouldn’t want to die now would you--"
“--UnderVeil undies, doc!! You just interrupt me and keep talking...! Like I can never get a word in edgewise ya keep rattling on. If you would just let me finish... Yeah, okayokayokayokay… So anywaaaaays... where was I before I was so rudely interrupted? Oh yeah! That's the reason we didn't pick up the med supplies and that's why we low on that stock. We didn't forget. We were just in a "situation" versus like 40 kids and ran outta time. BUT!! This is pretty big. Like I said like just seconds ago, we met this ol' lady, elderly nomad. Uhhhh... Mama Junkie or somesuch... Janky? Jaw-breaker...? OH! It's Mommy Yoda. No, wait. Jeta. That's it. Mama Jeta. She invited us to her establishment for a freeeeee meal. Like I don't trust her but it is a free crew meal and maybe we could glean some intel from her... y'know. Get Lorsie-boy to do some real work? I think she likes 'em young? Hahahahahah--”

Click's blue eyes popped open wide realizing that she had just gone verb-allistic on the new captain, “Oh. I mean... uhhh... you all good? How's your day going.... sir? I'll just be on my way and update Gunner Sugar with news from lead chambers and await further orders..."

The little thing nodded firmly at the new captain, her Nav, the good Doc and Lead Gunner before slipping out the door.

---

Down in the cargo hold, Click had climbed up on top of the last of the crates. Her boots kicked out freely in time, just above her sister's head. She watched as Aurin and Sugar greeted each other; battle sisters both of them. She smiled as soon as she saw Sugar's eyes finally light up and stay lit in the company of her fellow gunner. Sugar was updated of the situation at hand and was pleased that Click had mentioned Mama Jeta and asked how the new Captain's day was going.

"What do you two think?"

A deep breath Click took, then pulled the out the shard of metal that lolled at the corner of her mouth, “Welllll... I'mma be honest here, Rin-Rin. I don't want to hunt anymore monsters as of yet cuz... monsters recently... welllll...”

"Yeah. Yeah, me too. Girl... Rins, I know we badass but... my hearts not in it right now. LIke I will sooooo protect the crew cuz... well, I failed. 'Kay, no. I did. I really did fail protecting, Captain Shelby..." and there it was. Spoken aloud finally. Sugar valiantly fought back the flooding emotions and managed to stave them off, "... but I don't think I can stomach fighting monsters right now. I'm a cowar--"

"NO!! No you are not...! Shugs...! No, you are sooooo not!! Don't say that. Don't even think that. Just need some time. Some more than others... 'kay? We'll just fly then 'kay...?" Click hopped down to a lower crate and hugged her sister around the neck from behind. Blue eyes of Sugar aimed downward. Blue eyes of Click stared over at Aurin appreciatively; hopefully the other gunner was understanding of all this. "Pilot's got it this time. Smuggling or Milk run. There. We just voted. I'll tell him we voted. We good, 'kay?"

Suddenly the crate beneath the little thing's feet thumped. "What the actual eff in the face--" Another thump. Click squealed and bunny hopped to the next crate.

"Sugar! Rin! Stowaway! Stowaway! It is breaking time! Ey ladies, break it! Break it in half!!" Click cupped a hand to her mouth as she motioned for the pair to come hither with her other hand. She dared not move. Another thump. Click squealed, instantly leapt off the crate and promptly scurried behind Sugar.

The big imposing woman sighed, stepped forward, reached for the crate and gently lowered it to the floor. A small grunt. Muscles bulged. The lid popped open.
"Ummmm... Clickie...? Don't be mad, 'kay...?"

Peeking timidly from around her sister's back, Click gasped as soon as she saw it.

It was Dumbass the Ugly Dog. But it was not a dog. It was an Umbra Runner. It makes a telepathic link via bonding with one's shadow. It was the reason the kids were harming it. They were trying to exorcise it from one of their shadows. But it preys on weaker minded individuals. And since Sugar showed up, it re-connected and bonded with her. Now that could be a good thing or bad thing. It depends on the mental state of the bonded being. Nice and sweetie-Sugar is good. Deadly and full on killer bloodlust berzerker-Sugar is bad. Really, really, reeeeeeally bad.

"Sugar... oh, Shugs... what have you done...?"

"Uhhhhh... ta-daaaaah...? Surprise...?"

Last edited:
Antaine Laurens
"Ahh yeah, that ain't good,"
Antaine winced seeing the tear, listening intently to the dwarf's instructions, "Thing really hit us hard, huh?" It took him a moment to sus out who Otrygg referred to, knowing the girls more by their nicknames than their actual names, but he smiled in understanding. "-But I'll look for that for you no problem!"

As soon as he turned to leave, he turned back around to listen to Otrygg again. "Got it, I'll keep you in the loop." With a quick point behind him, he left Otrygg to his work and headed to the sound of voices in the Captain's Quarters. Finding his crewmates deep in conversation, he listened for a moment, lacking knowledge of the exact jobs on offer, having missed Kan's initial briefing, but able to jump in anyway.

"Hey! So we're talking 'bout our plans? I'd say it'd be best for us to avoid putting the ship in danger," Antaine stated firmly, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. Quickly he uncrossed them, remembering his place among the ship, and stood up straight. "That is what Otrygg wants, anyway. And uh, after what happened before with... y'know... I agree with him. Oh, and, we're still working on repairs, just so you know, so we need more time before we leave. So just keep us briefed, Captain."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back