• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Flame is Lit | A Marauders Era Story

copacetic

un cœur tranquille

It's important to remember that We all have magic inside of us

plot

info

rules

• plot

The year is 1977 and a dark cloud has settled over the wizarding world. A new dark wizard, Voldemort, is on the rise. He and his followers, the Death Eaters, are causing chaos on a quest to preserve blood purity. They are targeting muggleborns and the people who support them. People are disappearing and dying more and more in attacks. It is clear that war is on the horizon.

A new group has emerged that is dedicated to fighting against Voldemort and his Death Eaters. The Order of the Phoenix, led by Albus Dumbledore vehemently opposes Voldemort’s views on blood supremacy and they are willing to put their lives on the line to fight against him. The Order is selectively recruiting members who will keep their information completely confidential for the group’s safety, as well as their own. The Ministry of Magic is useless and without them, Voldemort continues to go unchecked.

For students at Hogwarts, they are safe within the castle walls. Or at least they are for now. The older students know that they will have to leave the safety of the castle very soon. They know they will be facing off against former classmates, friends, and even family to fight for what they believe in. Both Voldemort and his opposition are actively recruiting students to join their causes. A war is coming and it is time to choose which side you are going to fight for.

coded by weldherwings.

Plot

The year is 1977 and a dark cloud has settled over the wizarding world. A new dark wizard, Voldemort, is on the rise. He and his followers, the Death Eaters, are causing chaos on a quest to preserve blood purity. They are targeting muggleborns and the people who support them. People are disappearing and dying more and more in attacks. It is clear that war is on the horizon.

A new group has emerged that is dedicated to fighting against Voldemort and his Death Eaters. The Order of the Phoenix, led by Albus Dumbledore vehemently opposes Voldemort’s views on blood supremacy and they are willing to put their lives on the line to fight against him. The Order is selectively recruiting members who will keep their information completely confidential for the group’s safety, as well as their own. The Ministry of Magic is useless and without them, Voldemort continues to go unchecked.

For students at Hogwarts, they are safe within the castle walls. Or at least they are for now. The older students know that they will have to leave the safety of the castle very soon. They know they will be facing off against former classmates, friends, and even family to fight for what they believe in. Both Voldemort and his opposition are actively recruiting students to join their causes. A war is coming and it is time to choose which side you are going to fight for.

Info

Welcome to The Flame is Lit! This is a roleplay that ukiiyo ukiiyo and I have been working on for a long time and we are very excited about starting it! However, this one is very different from our original attempt at this roleplay. It is more involved and detailed so be prepared for an advanced writing expectation. This will be taking place before the war really kicked off, back when the Marauders were in 7th year. While that storyline is fine and dandy, we will also be exploring various side plots and events via the roleplay's discord server. This is to keep the roleplayers engaged and motivated to progress the storyline!

We will have a posting schedule when it comes to the main thread on RPN so that we stay on track and keep moving forward. It will be a very involved roleplay so please don't apply unless you have access to discord and think that you will be able to keep up with it. We are looking for people that would be interested in the darker parts of Harry Potter and really exploring the reality of this war.

Of course, it isn't going to be all angst and death, but we do want to roleplay what those characters most likely experienced. That being said, you are free to create characters that side with Voldemort and would be considered a villain! We have plot lines for those characters as well as ones who join the Order. We want everyone to feel included so feel free to pitch your ideas and just have fun creating your characters! We will offer a list of canon characters that you can apply for if you are interested!

If you have any questions, feel free to tag either one of us and we will do our best to give you an answer! Make sure to read all of the rules after reading the plot to make sure you understand the expectations we have for anyone who wants to join! Thank you so much!

Rules

↳ Follow all of RPN's rules
↳ We will be dealing with heavier/mature topics
↳ Realistic face claims only
↳ Your posts must be a minimum of three paragraphs for the main thread
↳ 2+ posts per week, per character
↳ 1+ post per week, per character in the main thread
↳ There will be probation if you are not active to keep the plot moving (characters get murdered/expelled/etc), of course, life gets in the way and we understand. But this is more of for ghosting/general inactivity
↳ 6th and 7th-year characters only for the time being
↳ You may create up to four characters, however, if you want more you will be able to make them if you kill off a current character or turn them into a npc (this may change depending on the number of people we have)
↳ Please keep houses, genders, and years balanced!
↳ There is a limit on special/non-human characters (ex: 2 werewolves max incl. Remus)
↳ OP characters will NOT be tolerated or allowed
↳ Blood purity has to be a thing (sorry but not every pureblood character can be a blood traitor rebel)
↳ If you want to make more than one character, one has to be canon
↳ This takes place in 1977+, so keep that in mind with outfits/cultural references/etc. (you do not have to be perfect as long as you make the effort)
↳ In character mischief (ex: skipping class, pranks, etc.) may lead to in character consequences (detention, etc.)
↳ Apparition = 17+ and not everyone is good at it (akin to driving at that age. Remember splinching and getting sick after using this spell)
↳ Please make your posts mobile-friendly if they are not
↳ Everyone MUST be included in one way or another. We want everyone to have fun and the roleplay to last
↳ Character deaths can occur whenever you want, just ask permission and we will make it happen

ooop we got so much interest. Vv nice~ excited to see everyone’s applications

Interested tentatively-dealing with the American NW fires right now, so I’ll see if I’m able to participate. And sorry if this is a dumb question, but are canon characters a first come first serve thing?

Interested tentatively-dealing with the American NW fires right now, so I’ll see if I’m able to participate. And sorry if this is a dumb question, but are canon characters a first come first serve thing?
Nothing is first come first serve unless it’s one of the GMs choosing a canon character. Everything has to be applied for and accepted by both of us

Would it be okay if I tweaked a canon family? Specifically the Kama family, instead of them being French-Senegalese they’d be French-Nigerian, specifically Yoruba.

Would it be okay if I tweaked a canon family? Specifically the Kama family, instead of them being French-Senegalese they’d be French-Nigerian, specifically Yoruba.
i'm gonna say no because i have no knowledge of this family at all (like esp with their relationships/standing in the community/etc). i ended up having to google them bc i have only seen the first fantastic beasts lol. but uki and i talked about it and we decided we want to stick to the harry potter book canon rather than the extended stuff like fantastic beasts. you are more than welcome to make up your own family and their background however!

Interested!!!
very very very interested!
Interested!
ooh. interested !!
omg yes!!!
application page is here! the discord link is here

This looks so good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back