• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Five Kingdoms - The Fall of Sarthenfall

Ms. Sparrow

Queen of SHIIIPS
The dark was always quiet. Sometimes it was a comfort. Sometimes it brought us peace, a thrill, even joy. But sometimes it was our biggest fear. Sometimes the fear of it ate at us, like a cold tendril weaving fear into our hearts.

Nobody finds comfort in the dark anymore. Only they do.​

After the “Dark Age” of King Soris’s Reign, The Five Kingdoms were created to create a balance amoung the land. The Kingdoms had a peace treaty sighed by the first King and the founders of the five Kingdoms that declared none would harm the other, and so this peace was kept. Of course, some Kingdoms prospered and others didn’t. The Kingdom in the North was known for its tough, fierce army that had number that surpassed all those of the other kingdoms. The Kingdom in the West was the wealthiest due to its mines. The Midland Kingdom was known for its prospering fields, The South was more further along in technology then any of the other Kingdoms, and the Kingdom in the East was known for its healthy supply of timber and its poor leadership and heavy amounts of crime.

Of course, it didn’t mean tensions didn’t exist between the Kingdoms. The lack of leadership in the East Kingdom left the people of the east demanding more from other kingdoms, who all but turned a blind eye on the internal affairs of the East. The Kingdom of the Midland, central for trading and lying in the heart of Sarthenfall, was watched with close suspicion due to the Midlands containment of magical items, magic that was banned, and leftover from The Dark Age. The treaty declared the Midland would lock away all magical items that the Mad King had magicked in his time, and would be contained. And they did. But this didn’t stop the kingdoms from watching them with suspicion, wary of any sign of them using the magical artifacts to try and take power. Still, war never insued. And despite some struggles, the people of Sarthenfall were happy, it was a country that prospered nonetheless.

But then one day, the Midlands grew silent. The others kingdoms spies never came back, neither did the scouting parties they sent out to see what had happened. Messages weren’t returned. It was as if the entire kingdom disappeared. A week after the Midlands stopped responding the the other Kingdoms, they came. Pouring in waves from the Midlands. Like a sea of blackness. Of darkness and destruction. Something even darker then that of the darkness that always lay in mans heart.

Not the Midlands army, no, that would have been a blessing. It would have been an opponent they’d known. They kingdoms were wiped out in a night. It’s rulers were slain. But not they’re children. No, by some grace of god the royal children escaped with their lives only. And just in the span of a night, Sarthenfall was changed.

We call them the Shades. Born from darkness. A hovering dark mass of pure blackness. The equivilant of shadows in a sense, able to form their body into anything they wish, all of the Shades minds are connected, allowing them to communicate all together even miles apart. Some Shades are more powerful than others, and have a stronger more physical form gifted with more abilities than that of a normal Shade and much more intelligent. We call those the Shade Lords. There’s only a handful, but nobody has managed to kill one yet. They took over the Kingdoms and ruled them how they liked, inflicting chaos and murder throughout the continent, though the Midland was one domain a Shade Lord didn’t inhabit, though its the Kingdom most populated with the Shades. Shades have a weakness with fire, and most Shades come out in the dark. Finding dead bodies these days are about as common as seeing a spider. We are surrounded by death.

We don’t know who created them. We just hide. And run.

People flee to the North, where rumors of rebellion whisper. A murmmer on the wind of a small resistance gathering. The royal children are on the run. All desperate and fighting for their lives, hunted by the Shades for mysterious reasons, they are the people only hope.

Who created these? How can we defeat them? These questions have been unanswered for long enough. The people are scared. And our numbers our dwindling.

God help us all.

For those who didn’t want to read the long introduction, this is a story that will be revolving around the royal children and those with them that are in the run from the Shades while they try and figure out who created these creatures, and how to save Sarthenfall and it’s people and stop this once and for all.

- There are five royal children. You may only play one.

- Just a heads up, this roleplay is set in the Victorian era.

- Romance is encouraged, but fade to black if things get sexual.

- Know if you’re taking a royal, you’ll play a very important role and you’ll be required to post often.

- One paragraph minimum for post length. 2 paragraphs is encouraged for usual post length, but I get when there’s only dialogue sometimes there isn’t much to write.

- No killing off other people’s characters without their permission.

- There is no magic you’re characters will possess. As much as I love magic, not this time. Unless you play the role of a Shade Lord. It ain’t happening.

- Realistic faceclaims only.

- Post at least twice a week.

- First come first serve. I will reserve roles for those who ask.

- No fighting irl. Keep it clean folks.

- Have fun ;)

Royal of the East : Taken Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Royal of the South: Taken Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Royal of West: Taken SandraDeelightful SandraDeelightful

Royal of the Midlands: Taken Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Rebellion:
(If these aren’t taken, all or the rest will just become NPC’s)

Rebellion Leader: Taken Field Marshall Field Marshall

2nd in command: Taken Not Calm Not Calm

General: Taken Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Soldiers: Infinite

Shade
(If these aren’t taken, all or the rest will just become NPC’s)

Shade Lord of the North: Taken(NPC, unless someone wants to take over the already made character.)

Shade Lord of the East:
Open

Shade Lord of the West:
Xanto Xanto

Shade Lord of the South:
Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi

Creator: Taken Ms. Sparrow Ms. Sparrow

Other: Infinite
(You don’t have to play a role in any of these categories. You can just have a bandit character or a peasant, etc)

Bakuyoshi Bakuyoshi thetasfiasco thetasfiasco Not Calm Not Calm (idk what account you use) Shireling Shireling ShadowBroker ShadowBroker H HeckingHeck Abendrot Abendrot
(Sorry if I forgot someone. Too late for me to code this lol, as in I don’t have the energy or will to.)

OOC

Last edited:
While I'm definitely interested, and I have thought about what a reboot for this would look like in the past, I do have some concerns. I definitely don't have the same activity issue that I've had in the past, particularly surrounding my activity in both previous iterations of this RP, but I really can't guarantee that similar issues won't develop further on down the line. I can absolutely promise two posts a week (in reference to what you've listed as the minimum requirement above) under any circumstances, though. That shouldn't be a problem for me whatsoever. The other issue on my mind is that of my personal relationships with the members of the two previous iterations of the RP; I had acted immaturely, I hadn't been nearly as active as I should've, and I'm deeply sorry for any trouble I've brought to this RP in the past. I'm sure most of you don't care a whole lot anymore, but, regardless, I think that clearing the air (or attempting to) is a decent move on my end.

All that being said, I'll consider joining~ I'll have a definite answer by tomorrow afternoon. Sorry if that's inconvenient, but I'm really tired at the moment lmao.

I'd say no worries from my end. I'm not going to dwell on the past. I still remember our times quite fondly. Even if I was not that good at writing.

While I'm definitely interested, and I have thought about what a reboot for this would look like in the past, I do have some concerns. I definitely don't have the same activity issue that I've had in the past, particularly surrounding my activity in both previous iterations of this RP, but I really can't guarantee that similar issues won't develop further on down the line. I can absolutely promise two posts a week (in reference to what you've listed as the minimum requirement above) under any circumstances, though. That shouldn't be a problem for me whatsoever. The other issue on my mind is that of my personal relationships with the members of the two previous iterations of the RP; I had acted immaturely, I hadn't been nearly as active as I should've, and I'm deeply sorry for any trouble I've brought to this RP in the past. I'm sure most of you don't care a whole lot anymore, but, regardless, I think that clearing the air (or attempting to) is a decent move on my end.

All that being said, I'll consider joining~ I'll have a definite answer by tomorrow afternoon. Sorry if that's inconvenient, but I'm really tired at the moment lmao.

Hey no problem! Take you’re time.

RPs can be a little slow when you first make themm, plus the amount of replies is also helpful. It tells people that this could go somewhere.

Great!

No problem lol. And sure I’ll write you both down for the roles.

Also, yes, they are tied in with the rebellion. I’ll pm you with the details soon.
Okay cool, I was hoping they would haha~
I already have a vague idea for a character - I'll build on that when I have more info ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back