• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The First Heroes [Interest Check - Closed]

Kaas

Aurora Musis amica

• The Story
    Backstory

Superheroes... The stuff of children's fantasies (And sometimes adults). Heroes like Superman who can fly faster than a speeding bullet, or the Incredible Hulk who can turn into a behemoth of muscle and rage. These ideas rake in billions for the companies that pump out the Superhero genre content. But heroes could never exist, they're nothing more than the figments of their creator's imaginations.

That is until the first of the Gifted began to pop up.
    Children with extraordinary powers, the ability to conjure flames with a snap of their fingers, or to grow floral life with a touch of their hands. By all accounts, these kids were marvels to behold. But no good thing comes without its downsides, and how could you expect kids to control these powers all the time? It started with a fire that ravaged half of London, started by the nightmare of one little girl. The next Dubai's Burj Khalifa was wrapped in vines so thick they threatened to bring the structure down, all because one little boy saw a pretty flower dying at its base. The Gifted were shunned for their powers, locked away by their governments... Or worse.

Now the parents of the gifted hid their children's powers from the world, keeping them safe from the reality that no one really wants to have superheroes. But Kids aren't kids forever, and sooner or later they'll make choices on their own. For better, or for worse.

Where the Players come in

All the kids remember the message they received that started their journey.

Recipient
    them
    Hello there, I know you but you don't know me. My name is Ashley, and I'm aware of your gifts. I've been keeping an eye on you, and others like you, with the hopes of creating something amazing. I'm just like you, and I want to show the world how great we are. My only question is:
    them
    Are you in?

This strange and cryptic message was sent out to many by one. This "one" was Ashley Smith, a Gifted child with the power to enter into the minds any living thing. He nearly died as a child due to his inability to control his power, nearly killing himself. He was bedridden for years and, being unable to move, learned to view the world through the eyes of others. He refined his Gift, learning to control it and master it. He saw the world through the eyes of others and through television screens. He grew angry at the world's inability to accepted The Gifted and when he was finally released from hospital worked tirelessly to organize a way to prove to the world that Gifts were not to be feared. After years of planning and preparation, he was finally ready. He sent out messages to all the Gifted he knew could make a difference, and could work to execute his plans.

Now he waits patiently in an abandoned warehouse in New York City, waiting in silent prayer for people to show...

Last edited:
This looks intresting! What does Ashley mean when he says "show the world how great we are"? I mean other than gain acceptance from the general public and help contain Gifted who can't control their powers, there isn't much "great" to do. and it sounds a bit show off-ish lol

Looks good, I'm in.
This looks intresting! What does Ashley mean when he says "show the world how great we are"? I mean other than gain acceptance from the general public and help contain Gifted who can't control their powers, there isn't much "great" to do. and it sounds a bit show off-ish lol

Awesome! Glad to have you guys!

And Ashley might have some plans in store for those who join his cause, guess you'll have to wait and see ;)

Glad to see all the interest! I'm setting up the server right now but if you want to add me on Discord it's Kaas#8329

Users who are viewing this thread

Back